FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tv licence continued again

Tv licence continued again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *egularLegs OP   Man  over a year ago

Erdington

I won't be paying my TV Licence.

I sent the BBC licensing an email requesting what I legally need to do so that I don't need a TV licence.

I didn't get a reply after a week so I called them after a difficult time even trying to find a phone number. The lady I spoke to just said they have a 3 week backlog of emails.

Anyway, she said just remove all apps from any devices that stream TV such as BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, etc

When I asked about the ariel she just said I didn't need to take it down or cut the end off. I did point out that what if one of the inspectors see's I have an ariel connection and tries to get me on it because I just could plug it in whenever. Apparently as long as it's not plugged in it's fine because if an inspector just happens to be in the area then a random check is enough if it's not plugged into the TV.

Also asked about YouTube because on the TV Licence website it mentions YouTube is as a site I can't watch without a license. She said the BBC sometimes show a live sporting event, so it's the live event I can't watch. YouTube in general is fine to watch.

I've got rid of my Virgin Media box. I never used it but was cheaper to have a basic cable package with the broadband at the time.

It will be interesting to see what happens now as I have done everything I need to do, to legally not need a TV licence. I may cut the end off my ariel anyway because the BBC are very crafty like that.

If an inspector pops over I'll video record the whole incident and they can fill their boots if they want check all my devices and I'll even pop the video on YouTube as I need to protect myself from their devious tricks of doing everything right but sending me a letter for a court appearance anyway.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Why now for you?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I won't be paying my TV Licence.

I sent the BBC licensing an email requesting what I legally need to do so that I don't need a TV licence.

I didn't get a reply after a week so I called them after a difficult time even trying to find a phone number. The lady I spoke to just said they have a 3 week backlog of emails.

Anyway, she said just remove all apps from any devices that stream TV such as BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, etc

When I asked about the ariel she just said I didn't need to take it down or cut the end off. I did point out that what if one of the inspectors see's I have an ariel connection and tries to get me on it because I just could plug it in whenever. Apparently as long as it's not plugged in it's fine because if an inspector just happens to be in the area then a random check is enough if it's not plugged into the TV.

Also asked about YouTube because on the TV Licence website it mentions YouTube is as a site I can't watch without a license. She said the BBC sometimes show a live sporting event, so it's the live event I can't watch. YouTube in general is fine to watch.

I've got rid of my Virgin Media box. I never used it but was cheaper to have a basic cable package with the broadband at the time.

It will be interesting to see what happens now as I have done everything I need to do, to legally not need a TV licence. I may cut the end off my ariel anyway because the BBC are very crafty like that.

If an inspector pops over I'll video record the whole incident and they can fill their boots if they want check all my devices and I'll even pop the video on YouTube as I need to protect myself from their devious tricks of doing everything right but sending me a letter for a court appearance anyway.

"

If I was to stop paying the TV Tax then the last thing I'd be doing would be letting some tosser inspector in my home, they might have fucking Covid, or herpes

Erdington

"Why now for you?"

Because I used to at the very least watch sky news now and again. I haven't watched standard broadcast TV in over a year.

Erdington

"I won't be paying my TV Licence.

If I was to stop paying the TV Tax then the last thing I'd be doing would be letting some tosser inspector in my home, they might have fucking Covid, or herpes "

If you refuse them it's generally accepted that you do still watch TV and have something to hide.

I have nothing to hide. I'll even open the door half naked if they catch me at an inconvenient hour.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Good for you - Nobody should be paying those Bandits unless they use it.

If I didn't pay Netflix they would cut me off.

If I didn't watch the BBC they would still send me a Bill. If I didn't pay the bill they would try to turn me into a criminal.

And don't even get me into the over 75's Licensing . . .

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Quite right, don't pay for a service that you don't use.

There are lots of videos on YouTube advising what to say and do if they ever decide to send an 'inspector' round. Also you do not have to just let them into your home. They would need a warrant for that

Check out Chilli Jon Carne on YouTube. He's the man when it comes to TV licence matters

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Good for you - Nobody should be paying those Bandits unless they use it.

If I didn't watch the BBC they would still send me a Bill. If I didn't pay the bill they would try to turn me into a criminal.

And don't even get me into the over 75's Licensing . . . "

The Tory government got the ball rolling. The sheep follow, as usual. £3 a week.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

If you didnt watch Netflix they would still bill you.

Ipswich

The Tory government got the ball rolling. The sheep follow, as usual. £3 a week. "

Still £3 a week for political activists masquerading as journalists

"

The Tory government got the ball rolling. The sheep follow, as usual. £3 a week. "

Actually the BBC Agreed to the fund the over 75's and said it was sustainable.

As usual. My £3 not theirs.

If you didnt watch Netflix they would still bill you."

One I have choice to not watch and not pay for. The other I don't - guess which one that is.

liverpool

The Tory government got the ball rolling. The sheep follow, as usual. £3 a week.

Still £3 a week for political activists masquerading as journalists "

I know that Laura kunsberg gets on my nerves

Bristol

"

"

I’m looking at the news today about Covid and what’s happening with this around the world. I genuinely find it difficult to believe that some people’s biggest priority and biggest worry is these £3 a week. You must have posted dozens If not hundreds of posts on this, I can’t help thinking you need to put things in perspective. Of course, it’s your choice... you are on a very important mission in these troubled times!

Ipswich

Still £3 a week for political activists masquerading as journalists

I know that Laura kunsberg gets on my nerves "

I wouldn't know her as I got sick of being lectured to by auntie a long time ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33414693

Note the then Director General of the BBC . . .

quote:

'Yet the BBC's director general Lord Hall was positively upbeat, claiming the deal he's done with the government is a good one which will leave the BBC, at the end of five years, no worse off and possibly slightly better off - though that's in cash terms, not real terms'.

Unquote:

Also the agreement laid out in principle that the BBC could charge for catch-up services - yet the BBC have done NOTHING to pursue this, even though agreeing to it (is that perhaps that they were playing a political game of 'if we charge for this then we may be accused of actually being able to operate a 'pay service' and if we can do that we could do the same with the whole Corporation?).

"

I’m looking at the news today about Covid and what’s happening with this around the world. I genuinely find it difficult to believe that some people’s biggest priority and biggest worry is these £3 a week. You must have posted dozens If not hundreds of posts on this, I can’t help thinking you need to put things in perspective. Of course, it’s your choice... you are on a very important mission in these troubled times! "

Then why are you constantly posting about it then?

liverpool

One I have choice to not watch and not pay for. The other I don't - guess which one that is."

You are missing out.

Some boss stuff on The bbc

Bristol

"

I’m looking at the news today about Covid and what’s happening with this around the world. I genuinely find it difficult to believe that some people’s biggest priority and biggest worry is these £3 a week. You must have posted dozens If not hundreds of posts on this, I can’t help thinking you need to put things in perspective. Of course, it’s your choice... you are on a very important mission in these troubled times!

Then why are you constantly posting about it then?"

Certainly not as much as you. I thought this topic had died a week ago but it looks like it’s life changing for you. Same arguments over and over. I won’t give you mine as you already know them.

Again, the news is pretty scary at the moment. Time to move on and put things in perspective?

One I have choice to not watch and not pay for. The other I don't - guess which one that is.

You are missing out.

Some boss stuff on The bbc"

I don't doubt that there is. There is some Boss stuff on every other 'subscription' network too.

liverpool

"

I’m looking at the news today about Covid and what’s happening with this around the world. I genuinely find it difficult to believe that some people’s biggest priority and biggest worry is these £3 a week. You must have posted dozens If not hundreds of posts on this, I can’t help thinking you need to put things in perspective. Of course, it’s your choice... you are on a very important mission in these troubled times! "

Weird how its never been an issue before but as soon as the gmnt let loose its attack dogs in the media ,its the no 1 priority.

Nothing to do with it even trying to hold the gmnt to account.

Sky is owned by the same person whose newspaper had to be closed down as they hacked the phone of a murdered child.

Still priorities eh.

"

Certainly not as much as you. I thought this topic had died a week ago but it looks like it’s life changing for you. Same arguments over and over. I won’t give you mine as you already know them.

Again, the news is pretty scary at the moment. Time to move on and put things in perspective? "

Oh stop with the 'it's life changing for you crappola' nothing of the sort it's just stupid name calling by you because you don't have a proper reasoned argument.

liverpool

You are missing out.

Some boss stuff on The bbc

I don't doubt that there is. There is some Boss stuff on every other 'subscription' network too.

"

Not really.

Virgin is shite.

Sky is only decent for sky Atlantic..and that's only HBO stuff.

BBC is far superior.

Bristol

"

Again, the news is pretty scary at the moment. Time to move on and put things in perspective?

Oh stop with the 'it's life changing for you crappola' nothing of the sort it's just stupid name calling by you because you don't have a proper reasoned argument.

"

I’ll stop if I want if you don’t mind. You pick and choose the arguments you answer anyway so please stop your lessons and get on the cavalry going. Your revolution has started! World changing it’s going to be!

"

I’ll stop if I want if you don’t mind. You pick and choose the arguments you answer anyway so please stop your lessons and get on the cavalry going. Your revolution has started! World changing it’s going to be! "

See what I mean?

Ipswich

The fact remains that the license fee is outdated and it's only a matter of time before it has to be scrapped. If the BBC are as popular as they claim then people can still subscribe but by trying to enforce it they've just made themselves sitting ducks

" If the BBC are as popular as they claim then people can still subscribe"

Exactly.

But instead they want to make 1.7 million pensioners over the age of 75 pay even after they agreed to support it - and now 1.7 million pensioners could be more isolated than ever - that ever caring BBC (not).

Ipswich

" If the BBC are as popular as they claim then people can still subscribe

Exactly.

But instead they want to make 1.7 million pensioners over the age of 75 pay even after they agreed to support it - and now 1.7 million pensioners could be more isolated than ever - that ever caring BBC (not).

"

Somebody has to pay for those inflated salaries. Its not cheap living in Islington you know

liverpool

Exactly.

Somebody has to pay for those inflated salaries. Its not cheap living in Islington you know "

Do the bbc pay more than ITV?

[Removed by poster at 02/08/20 10:58:32]

Ipswich

Exactly.

Somebody has to pay for those inflated salaries. Its not cheap living in Islington you know

Do the bbc pay more than ITV?"

I doubt it but as you know, that's irrelevant

Exactly.

Do the bbc pay more than ITV?"

But ITV earn their salaries honestly by selling advertising space, so they can hold their heads high knowing that they are living in Islington and not on the back of charity.

liverpool

Exactly.

I doubt it but as you know, that's irrelevant "

Well it's not really.

The bbc pay inflated salaries but ITV don't.

Ipswich

Aside from the enforced license fee I resent the smuggling of identity politics and a woke agenda into so much of their programming

They must have a very low opinion of their audience if they think that it goes unnoticed

Exactly.

Well it's not really.

The bbc pay inflated salaries but ITV don't."

ITV can pay what they like within budget of what they have earned from Advertising Revenue.

liverpool

Exactly.

But ITV earn their salaries honestly by selling advertising space, so they can hold their heads high knowing that they are living in Islington and not on the back of charity.

"

I'm not sure I'd have the words honesty and advertising in the same sentence tbh.

They can hold their heads up high whilst they churn out shite on a daily basis.

There is no comparison between the BBC and itv.

liverpool

"Aside from the enforced license fee I resent the smuggling of identity politics and a woke agenda into so much of their programming

They must have a very low opinion of their audience if they think that it goes unnoticed "

Ha ha,what woke agenda?

liverpool

Exactly.

Well it's not really.

The bbc pay inflated salaries but ITV don't.

ITV can pay what they like within budget of what they have earned from Advertising Revenue.

"

And the BBC can pay whatever they like thanks to the licence fee.

Ipswich

"Aside from the enforced license fee I resent the smuggling of identity politics and a woke agenda into so much of their programming

They must have a very low opinion of their audience if they think that it goes unnoticed

Ha ha,what woke agenda?"

Maybe you've never noticed. The point remains that I'm happy for them to be as woke as they please but it's no longer OK to tell me I have to pay for it

liverpool

Ha ha,what woke agenda?

Maybe you've never noticed. The point remains that I'm happy for them to be as woke as they please but it's no longer OK to tell me I have to pay for it"

Is this all because that bumbling toss pot wouldn't go on andrew marr?

Doomed to go pay they are - Doomed !!!!!

Ipswich

Ha ha,what woke agenda?

Maybe you've never noticed. The point remains that I'm happy for them to be as woke as they please but it's no longer OK to tell me I have to pay for it

Is this all because that bumbling toss pot wouldn't go on andrew marr?"

I dont watch BBC so not sure which bumbling toss pot you're talking about. There used to be so many on the beeb

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"

Again, the news is pretty scary at the moment. Time to move on and put things in perspective? "

There will ALWAYS be something scary going on on. It doesn't mean we can't concern ourselves with other things too. Like watching TV.

Well, I do not know how anybody can dispute the value for money they get from the BBC. Just a quick look at Sunday's schedule brings up a snooker match from 10 years ago, some repeats of property programmes, "War Horse", a 12-year old move aired on Sky 7 years ago, but the icing on the scheduling cake is an old episode of "Songs of Praise" - all without advert breaks (apart from in between the shows where they promote their own worthy shows). And all this for just over £3 a week! Wonderful!!! I mean, that £3 could pay for food and maybe bring down poverty a bit, but £3 is fuck all to me. It's a couple of loaves of bread, some vegetables and even a tin or two of beans to some people, but as long as I get uninterrupted viewing of the above televisual gems, why should I care about the poor? But wait, that is not all! I can also listen to any of the local BBC radio programmes who churn out the same music and local information as every other local station without my pleasure being interrupted by a few adverts. Sheer bliss!

Ipswich

"Well, I do not know how anybody can dispute the value for money they get from the BBC. Just a quick look at Sunday's schedule brings up a snooker match from 10 years ago, some repeats of property programmes, "War Horse", a 12-year old move aired on Sky 7 years ago, but the icing on the scheduling cake is an old episode of "Songs of Praise" - all without advert breaks (apart from in between the shows where they promote their own worthy shows). And all this for just over £3 a week! Wonderful!!! I mean, that £3 could pay for food and maybe bring down poverty a bit, but £3 is fuck all to me. It's a couple of loaves of bread, some vegetables and even a tin or two of beans to some people, but as long as I get uninterrupted viewing of the above televisual gems, why should I care about the poor? But wait, that is not all! I can also listen to any of the local BBC radio programmes who churn out the same music and local information as every other local station without my pleasure being interrupted by a few adverts. Sheer bliss! "

This. Its beyond diabolical

liverpool

I suppose it would be churlish to point out the bbc has existed for more than 24 hours.

I find it bizarre that people have such disdain for a channel which has made the best TV shows ever made...just because they have to pay £3 a week.

Still once it's gone I'm sure you can all enjoy loose women,love island and the real housewives of chesire.

Ipswich

"I suppose it would be churlish to point out the bbc has existed for more than 24 hours.

I find it bizarre that people have such disdain for a channel which has made the best TV shows ever made...just because they have to pay £3 a week.

Still once it's gone I'm sure you can all enjoy loose women,love island and the real housewives of chesire."

It could cost £3 a year for all I care. The issue people have is enforcing a fee on people for programming that they have no desire to watch

They're dead in the water. Subscription is the only way they will survive

"Well, I do not know how anybody can dispute the value for money they get from the BBC. Just a quick look at Sunday's schedule brings up a snooker match from 10 years ago, some repeats of property programmes, "War Horse", a 12-year old move aired on Sky 7 years ago, but the icing on the scheduling cake is an old episode of "Songs of Praise" - all without advert breaks (apart from in between the shows where they promote their own worthy shows). And all this for just over £3 a week! Wonderful!!! I mean, that £3 could pay for food and maybe bring down poverty a bit, but £3 is fuck all to me. It's a couple of loaves of bread, some vegetables and even a tin or two of beans to some people, but as long as I get uninterrupted viewing of the above televisual gems, why should I care about the poor? But wait, that is not all! I can also listen to any of the local BBC radio programmes who churn out the same music and local information as every other local station without my pleasure being interrupted by a few adverts. Sheer bliss! "

63% repeats the latest figures were. And even though promising to reduce that over 5 years (wtf!) it's gone up again since the last set of data.

"

Still once it's gone I'm sure you can all enjoy loose women,love island and the real housewives of chesire."

What? Narciissim TV? Never watched one ever.

But the BBC make more than a few reality TV programmes so stop pretending that they don't . . .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/formats/reality/all

"I suppose it would be churlish to point out the bbc has existed for more than 24 hours.

Those programmes you sneeringly mention in your last sentence may not be your choice, or mine, but they are popular with many and poorer people are not forced to pay for them. Perhaps you should volunteer to do some charity work with poor and see how badly off they truly are? You may have to miss a few uninterrupted episodes of Eastenders but it may help you to show a modicum of humanity and empathy for those worse off than yourself.

and . . ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:BBC_reality_television_shows

liverpool

Still once it's gone I'm sure you can all enjoy loose women,love island and the real housewives of chesire.

It could cost £3 a year for all I care. The issue people have is enforcing a fee on people for programming that they have no desire to watch

They're dead in the water. Subscription is the only way they will survive "

You all need to make your mind up.

Its either the quality or the fact that you are forced to pay the grand total of £3 a week.

In terms of quality nothing can touch the bbc.

liverpool

Those programmes you sneeringly mention in your last sentence may not be your choice, or mine, but they are popular with many and poorer people are not forced to pay for them. Perhaps you should volunteer to do some charity work with poor and see how badly off they truly are? You may have to miss a few uninterrupted episodes of Eastenders but it may help you to show a modicum of humanity and empathy for those worse off than yourself. "

What like the sneering way you whinged about having to sit through songs of praise.?

Once the bbc goes presumably these poor people will be able to shell out £60 for sky?

Quite what charity work and the licence fee have to do with anything is anyones guess.

Its either the quality or the fact that you are forced to pay the grand total of £3 a week.

"

I pay £2.75 a week for Netflix and it's rammed with top quality programming from all over the World.

Much of it BETTER than the BBC.

liverpool

"

But the BBC make more than a few reality TV programmes so stop pretending that they don't . . .

"

Point out where I pretending where I didnh please

I was replying to the sneering post about songs of praise.

The bbc make Some dross but they are light years away from the bbc

Those programmes you sneeringly mention in your last sentence may not be your choice, or mine, but they are popular with many and poorer people are not forced to pay for them. Perhaps you should volunteer to do some charity work with poor and see how badly off they truly are? You may have to miss a few uninterrupted episodes of Eastenders but it may help you to show a modicum of humanity and empathy for those worse off than yourself.

What like the sneering way you whinged about having to sit through songs of praise.?

Once the bbc goes presumably these poor people will be able to shell out £60 for sky?

Quite what charity work and the licence fee have to do with anything is anyones guess."

D'uh. Money pays for food, if you pay for a tv channel you do not want, you do not have that money to spend on food. If you are poor, it really is that simple. But beyond you. Low-level champagne socialist.

"

The bbc make Some dross but they are light years away from the bbc"

You were sneering at reality programming on ITV et al - which means you were pretending that there wasn't any on the BBC. Don't be at it now Lionel.

liverpool

Quite what charity work and the licence fee have to do with anything is anyones guess.

D'uh. Money pays for food, if you pay for a tv channel you do not want, you do not have that money to spend on food. If you are poor, it really is that simple. But beyond you. Low-level champagne socialist."

People go hungry cos they have to pay the licence fee?

Champagne socialist.

Snigger.

liverpool

"

The bbc make Some dross but they are light years away from the bbc

You were sneering at reality programming on ITV et al - which means you were pretending that there wasn't any on the BBC. Don't be at it now Lionel. "

Nope I wasmt

Valiant effort though

Bristol

I pay £2.75 a week for Netflix and it's rammed with top quality programming from all over the World.

"

I am still looking for Netflix Somerset. Can you point me in the right direction?

D'uh. Money pays for food, if you pay for a tv channel you do not want, you do not have that money to spend on food. If you are poor, it really is that simple. But beyond you. Low-level champagne socialist.

Champagne socialist.

Snigger.

"

Childish response. You lack the kind of empathy that will help to ever understand this.

liverpool

Champagne socialist.

Snigger.

Childish response. You lack the kind of empathy that will help to ever understand this."

Yeah spot on

liverpool

"

The bbc has made some of the best TV shows ever made.

Fact

"

I am still looking for Netflix Somerset. Can you point me in the right direction?

"

hahahah - Fancy you posting in an unimportant place!

Where is Somerset again and why is it more important than the rest of the Nation?

Fact

"

'Some' - but there is a Brave New World out there Lionel - They have grass and trees and everything . . .

liverpool

Fact

'Some' - but there is a Brave New World out there Lionel - They have grass and trees and everything . . . "

Yep £60 to watch endless channel of shite.

Joy's.

Fact

'Some' - but there is a Brave New World out there Lionel - They have grass and trees and everything . . .

Joy's."

I don't have SKY either . . .

Fact

Joy's.

I don't have SKY either . . . "

What, you mean you made a "choice"? Wow, that is a revolutionary notion that some just don't seem to understand. I bet you enjoy the money you have saved as well.

Bristol

Champagne socialist.

Snigger.

Childish response. You lack the kind of empathy that will help to ever understand this."

What’s your problem with champagne socialism? Do you have to be poor to have left wing views? What about white van Toryism, does that bother you?

liverpool

Fact

Joy's.

I don't have SKY either . . . "

I'm sure when the bbc goes Netflix wont Jack up the price.

Funny though ,you must get a discount .I've got the basic package and mine is £8 a month.

I'll have to ring up to complain

liverpool

When tories start banging on about 'choice'its always a worry.

liverpool

Champagne socialist.

Snigger.

Childish response. You lack the kind of empathy that will help to ever understand this.

What’s your problem with champagne socialism? Do you have to be poor to have left wing views? What about white van Toryism, does that bother you? "

It's one of those phrases the right conjure up which doesn't actually exist.

Fact

Joy's.

What, you mean you made a "choice"? Wow, that is a revolutionary notion that some just don't seem to understand. I bet you enjoy the money you have saved as well. "

Yup. Used to pay £696 a year to Sky - now I pay £143.00 a year to Netflix and have freesat and Prime Video as part of Prime. @ £79.00 In total £222.00.

Saved £474 a year - and watch what I want to watch when I want to watch it.

New programmes on Netflix arrive weekly.

Happy Days in the KittyCat household.

Fact

Joy's.

What, you mean you made a "choice"? Wow, that is a revolutionary notion that some just don't seem to understand. I bet you enjoy the money you have saved as well.

Yup. Used to pay £696 a year to Sky - now I pay £143.00 a year to Netflix and have freesat and Prime Video as part of Prime. @ £79.00 In total £222.00.

"

But you don't feel that you're missing out on the BBC's "best TV shows ever made."? How will you cope, specially during those few minutes of advert breaks? Oh wait, you do not get those on Netflix.

Fact

Joy's.

But you don't feel that you're missing out on the BBC's "best TV shows ever made."? How will you cope, specially during those few minutes of advert breaks? Oh wait, you do not get those on Netflix. "

See the funny thing is that there are a few programmes that have been brilliant from the BBC . . . but oddly enough if I want to watch them I'd have to buy them on DVD box sets to which the BBC make a profit from even though I have already paid for them !!! Twice Mugged !!!

liverpool

Here is a lesson for future broadcasters.

Whatever you do..dont dare question a Tory gmnt.

If you do you will have all their loyal acolytes calling for you to be disbanded

"

If you do you will have all their loyal acolytes calling for you to be disbanded

"

Not disbanded Lionel - it's not being FORCED to pay for it!!!

liverpool

Fact

Joy's.

But you don't feel that you're missing out on the BBC's "best TV shows ever made."? How will you cope, specially during those few minutes of advert breaks? Oh wait, you do not get those on Netflix.

See the funny thing is that there are a few programmes that have been brilliant from the BBC . . . but oddly enough if I want to watch them I'd have to buy them on DVD box sets to which the BBC make a profit from even though I have already paid for them !!! Twice Mugged !!!

"

Did I dream the bit where you were complaining about the repeats?

See the difference is when you buy a dvd it's yours to keep.

When you go to the puctotes, do you complain afterwards that you didnt get a copy of the film on dvd?after all you have paid for it once already.

Fact

Joy's.

When you go to the puctotes, do you complain afterwards that you didnt get a copy of the film on dvd?after all you have paid for it once already."

But I wasn't forced to pay for the Cinema was I? That's a choice - see the subtle but obvious difference . . . thos sneaky Cinema people are doing . . ?

liverpool

"

Not disbanded Lionel - it's not being FORCED to pay for it!!!"

I find it quite ironic that the bbc has been going for what?70 odd years.. yet the minute bj and his pals think its somehow biased against it,there are questions about its funding.

I dont recall such debates 5,10,15 years ago.

Probs just a coincidence.

liverpool

Fact

Joy's.

When you go to the puctotes, do you complain afterwards that you didnt get a copy of the film on dvd?after all you have paid for it once already.

But I wasn't forced to pay for the Cinema was I? That's a choice - see the subtle but obvious difference . . . thos sneaky Cinema people are doing . . ?

"

Did someone at gunpoint force you to buy the dvd.?

"

Did someone at gunpoint force you to buy the dvd.?"

But I am NOT forced to PAY for it to START with !!!!

liverpool

"

Did someone at gunpoint force you to buy the dvd.?

But I am NOT forced to PAY for it to START with !!!!"

Can I ask you a question?

Why did the gmnt make this an issue?

Anyways . . . off down the motorway to go shopping at my choice of stores and come home with products that I like.

Don't you luuuurve Democracy !!

Have a fun and cosy day.

"

Why did the gmnt make this an issue?"

Simply because it was costing £638 million a year. That money couldn't be justified anymore as it's paying taxes to provide 'entertainment'. The money is better spent on 'social projects'.

The BBC actually agreed at the 5 yearly Charter negotiations and then changed their mind a year later.

Simples as that really.

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 02/08/20 12:49:35]

Now don't be rude Lionel timing is everything !!!

liverpool

"

Simply because it was costing £638 million a year. That money couldn't be justified anymore as it's paying taxes to provide 'entertainment'. The money is better spent on 'social projects'.

The BBC actually agreed at the 5 yearly Charter negotiations and then changed their mind a year later.

Simples as that really.

"

Why now?

They have been in power for the best part of 40 years.

During austerity we were bankrupt apparently ..why mot then..why now?

Its just aswell the gmnt dont waste any more money

Social projects!

Ha ha just spat my tea out.

liverpool

"Now don't be rude Lionel timing is everything !!!"

I'm never rude

"

Simples as that really.

Why now?

Social projects!

Ha ha just spat my tea out."

I suppose furlough isn't a social project huh?

I suppose writing off £13 BILLION NHS debt isn't a social project huh?

I suppose giving NHS staff a pay rise isn't a social project huh?

I suppose paying the self-employed during the crisisisn't a social projects huh?

I suppose supporting Business to Keep Jobs £9 BILLION isn't a social projects huh?

Yadda Yadda Yadda . . .

"

Oh go on

Tell us more about the over 75's .

I'm really interested to know

"

Oh go on

Tell us more about the over 75's .

I'm really interested to know

"

Read here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33414693

Note the then Director General of the BBC . . .

quote:

'Yet the BBC's director general Lord Hall was positively upbeat, claiming the deal he's done with the government is a good one which will leave the BBC, at the end of five years, no worse off and possibly slightly better off - though that's in cash terms, not real terms'.

Unquote:

Also the agreement laid out in principle that the BBC could charge for catch-up services - yet the BBC have done NOTHING to pursue this, even though agreeing to it (is that perhaps that they were playing a political game of 'if we charge for this then we may be accused of actually being able to operate a 'pay service' and if we can do that we could do the same with the whole Corporation?).

Now - Lionel I'm going shopping !!!! Can't be late for my hotel - have to be there on time or wait at the end of the Q.

"

Simples as that really.

Why now?

Social projects!

I suppose paying the self-employed during the crisisisn't a social projects huh?

I suppose supporting Business to Keep Jobs £9 BILLION isn't a social projects huh?

Yadda Yadda Yadda . . .

"

Huh

Whats all that ?

Are you sobbing or is it someone calling you ?

As for Social Projects £190 Billion to be repaid to the governments debt for furlough .

Do you object to repaying that ?

liverpool

"

Simples as that really.

Why now?

Social projects!

Yadda Yadda Yadda . . .

"

Furlough was a rescue plan to keep the economy afloat and it will be paid back in taxes.

Paying people who save lives 1% a year over 3 years is the very least a half competent gmnt will do.

Lets ignore the previous 6 year pay freeze shall we

They are hardly Robin hood.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I see the bbc has allocated 38 million to catch and prosecute pensioners. So they're not that short of cash ...

Protecting paedophiles, and prosecuting pensioners.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

The Licence people do not trust anyone for many have in the past have tried to pull the wool over their eyes (Licence dodgers)you,ve got these guys to thank for that.. If you play with fire there is a big chance you,ll get burnt and that Includes even by being honest..

"I see the bbc has allocated 38 million to catch and prosecute pensioners. So they're not that short of cash ...

Protecting paedophiles, and prosecuting pensioners. "

Its a shame they didn't put the same effort into catching the likes of saville and hall or getting rid of the statues that adorn their headquarters

, made by a guy that forced himself onto his own daughters and the family dog which still stand 'proudly' outside.

Instead they were too busy turning a blind eye and lying about about their made up detector vans to scare everyone into coughing up to pay for and enable it.

And people claim its all boris's fault the bbc get a hard time...

The tide had turned against them long before Boris and with this latest attack on the pensioners they will find themselves washed out to sea.

» Add a new message to this topic