FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Rishi Sunak

Rishi Sunak

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Whats everyones opinion on him

I think he's done a good job given the circumstances.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Whats everyones opinion on him

I think he's done a good job given the circumstances."

Care to explain your reasons?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I think he’s delayed and decreased the catastrophe of mass unemployment with furlough but the job retention bonus is a joke. Also care workers again got nothing but teachers (who mostly sat at home) did.

I actually think he is looking good and better than he should, because he comes over as a calm coherent person when compared to the bumbling waffle spouting from Boris.

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

I tend to look at an MPs voting record. I worry that we look at people's ability to look the part on TV. Blair, Cameron, Johnson were all politicians with little grasp of detail and more interested in how they came across. This is what I see here.

Manchester

"I tend to look at an MPs voting record. I worry that we look at people's ability to look the part on TV. Blair, Cameron, Johnson were all politicians with little grasp of detail and more interested in how they came across. This is what I see here. "

Very true but voting as a junior they tend to do as they are told which makes a mockery of democracy.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree with _ackal1 as they have given pay rises to some that are already well paid and not done anything above and beyond the scope of their jobs to deserve it and those allegedly key workers at the bottom have been forgotten if they are in a care role or government job.

Rishi is looking good at the moment because he hasn’t backtracked on his promises and those forgotten key workers have managed to implement his policies. Let’s see how everyone feels about him when it comes time to pay the schemes and grants back particularly if they haven’t benefited from them.

Manchester

We’ve got to pay for all this somehow and his only option is tax. Yes I’ve seen the build build build which may help but for long term benefit that should be targeted at infrastructure. We need him to make it easier to do business in the U.K. now we’ve sadly shut the door on Europe.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I tend to look at an MPs voting record. I worry that we look at people's ability to look the part on TV. Blair, Cameron, Johnson were all politicians with little grasp of detail and more interested in how they came across. This is what I see here. "
Yes true it is the way the modern world is.being a celebrity helps I am sure leaders need charisma in the modern world more than policies.

It is why Trump got in I reckon although next time due to him being so bad it his job they might appoint the invisible mouse Bidon who is not inspiring.

Manchester

Judging by how the children of both Trump and Biden are lining their pockets to the tune of millions the choice seems to be very Hobson’s choice. A bit like the shower on our ballot papers .

It seems politics attracts less and less capable candidates and we suffer and pay.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

You make a great point. But sadly with more and more of politics being dummed down in terms of its fact based content and its debate and presentation to the public. I fear presentation skills will win everytime over responsibility, ability, honesty and principles.

From what I've seen rishi is nailed on to be next tory leader. For me UK politics is at an all time low as we lack any national identity beyond large numbers expressing their entitlement to do what they want when they want.

Manchester

"I tend to look at an MPs voting record. I worry that we look at people's ability to look the part on TV. Blair, Cameron, Johnson were all politicians with little grasp of detail and more interested in how they came across. This is what I see here.

You make a great point. But sadly with more and more of politics being dummed down in terms of its fact based content and its debate and presentation to the public. I fear presentation skills will win everytime over responsibility, ability, honesty and principles.

From what I've seen rishi is nailed on to be next tory leader. For me UK politics is at an all time low as we lack any national identity beyond large numbers expressing their entitlement to do what they want when they want. "

Well said

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

People like him right now because he's giving them money and subsidised food.

Will people still like him when he wants his money back?

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"I tend to look at an MPs voting record. I worry that we look at people's ability to look the part on TV. Blair, Cameron, Johnson were all politicians with little grasp of detail and more interested in how they came across. This is what I see here.

From what I've seen rishi is nailed on to be next tory leader. For me UK politics is at an all time low as we lack any national identity beyond large numbers expressing their entitlement to do what they want when they want.

Well said "

I agree.

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

"People like him right now because he's giving them money and subsidised food.

Will people still like him when he wants his money back?"

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

Well said

I agree."

I judge cabinet mps based on their knowledge in the relevant role they are placed.

Sunak doesn't grasp basic economic principles. He has misread and misjuded every international financial market during the pandemic. Including statement like corporate debt levels are healthy.

Err pretty much most corporate debt was rated as junk within days of the pandemic.

Mega international companies needed lending within days just to stay afloat.

And in March when markets had already started to make moves aware covid was going to hit Europe and the n America.

He was talking about a booming economy at the dispatch box.

They guys a snake..

Who cheated the public purse out of millions running tax avoidance funds for the wealthy prior to coming to office

He left Goldmans at effectively an entry level postion of an analyst

Married wealthy and has leveraged that to shuffle his way into the party and now the cabinet.

He don't think he looks the part either. He looks like a high school student on work experience.

I wouldn't trust him to make the tea let alone run the treasury

» Add a new message to this topic