FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Track & Trace not fit for purpose

Track & Trace not fit for purpose

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ice__bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

redcar

News night yesterday, data in from the track and trace - it is not fit for purpose.

Thousands of handlers calling people that may have got covid and to isolate for the 14 days.

average of 2 calls per day per handler, but one tracked person receiving 6 calls from different handlers, asking the same tick box questions thus 40% drop out, thus the system in reality failing.

The 18,500 call handlers are on £9 per hour, line managers sending puzzles and quizzes to pass the time - anonymous handler source said.

Privately contracted out to the tune of £192 million, again wasting our public money.

Local councils are now taking it into their own hands i.e blackburn and using LOCAL NHS service infrastructure which was perfectly placed to wackamole the killer pandemic virus ......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Compare it with Northern Ireland's.....but ours is 'world beating'. We can even get the best one in the UK!!

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Whenever there Is talk of pay rises etc the usual suspects parrot the part line of..there is is money tree.

Yet the gmnt wastes billions and not a voice of dissent Is heard.

How odd.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Whenever there Is talk of pay rises etc the usual suspects parrot the part line of..there is is money tree.

How odd."

What does this have to do with ineficent track and trace?

liverpool

"Whenever there Is talk of pay rises etc the usual suspects parrot the part line of..there is is money tree.

How odd.What does this have to do with ineficent track and trace?"

Because the spent nearly £200m on it?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Track and trace isnt the same as Test and Trace!

We are now opetating Test and Trace, and one of the major problems, is that the NHS tracers aren't getting the information needed (phone numbers etc)

Many people aren't answering the initial call, or ignoring voicemails.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Compare it with Northern Ireland's.....but ours is 'world beating'. We can even get the best one in the UK!!"
no suppriise there then

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

sounds like our government "not fit for purpose "

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I wonder if any of the dissenters would engage with the system/process, or if they chose not to as it is introduced by the government they loath so much?

"I wonder if any of the dissenters would engage with the system/process, or if they chose not to as it is introduced by the government they loath so much?"

Here he is again the 'they can do no wrong man'...... literally defends everything...

liverpool

"I wonder if any of the dissenters would engage with the system/process, or if they chose not to as it is introduced by the government they loath so much?

Here he is again the 'they can do no wrong man'...... literally defends everything..."

Set your watch by it

here

"I wonder if any of the dissenters would engage with the system/process, or if they chose not to as it is introduced by the government they loath so much?

Here he is again the 'they can do no wrong man'...... literally defends everything..."

It's a question!

I havent said "i think they are great" - I havent said "the system is perfect"

I have asked a simple question - if you don't like the government, do you engage with the process, or do you avoid it?

If you cant answer that's fine, but don't start putting your own context to my posts.

Here he is again the 'they can do no wrong man'...... literally defends everything...

It's a question!

I have asked a simple question - if you don't like the government, do you engage with the process, or do you avoid it?

If you cant answer that's fine, but don't start putting your own context to my posts.

"

Yep, I absolutely would engage. Is it world beating??

thornaby

It's a question!

Yep, I absolutely would engage. Is it world beating??"

It’s a joke that’s why the north are launching there own lol

here

It's a question!

Yep, I absolutely would engage. Is it world beating??"

I don't think its world beating.

You would engage with the system - why, if you consider the government and its handling of the process/system to be inept?

here

It's a question!

Yep, I absolutely would engage. Is it world beating??It’s a joke that’s why the north are launching there own lol"

lets hope it' launch is better than the e-scooter launch in the Boro

It's a question!

You would engage with the system - why, if you consider the government and its handling of the process/system to be inept?"

Because, unfortunately, they are who is running the show. We have no other choice. Just because they have made an utter clusterfuck of it so far, doesn't mean they won't do things right in the future.....we hope!

here

It's a question!

You would engage with the system - why, if you consider the government and its handling of the process/system to be inept?

Because, unfortunately, they are who is running the show. We have no other choice. Just because they have made an utter clusterfuck of it so far, doesn't mean they won't do things right in the future.....we hope!"

Then you are one of the consciencous ones.

The system fails as it is not strict enough, with a society that is not accustomed to heavy handed controlling government.

What are the call handlers to do if people fail to leave correct contact numbers, fail to answer telephone calls, fail to respond to voicemail?

What reason can there be for people not engaging with something that is designed to help them?

Well, terrible communication and people thinking the rules don't apply to them...(eye test anybody?!) has done a wonderful job of pushing a fair few people into thinking 'what's the point?'

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's a question!

Because, unfortunately, they are who is running the show. We have no other choice. Just because they have made an utter clusterfuck of it so far, doesn't mean they won't do things right in the future.....we hope!

The system fails as it is not strict enough, with a society that is not accustomed to heavy handed controlling government.

What are the call handlers to do if people fail to leave correct contact numbers, fail to answer telephone calls, fail to respond to voicemail?

What reason can there be for people not engaging with something that is designed to help them?

"

Reasons, not one as there may be many depending on several factors for the individual..

here

"Well, terrible communication and people thinking the rules don't apply to them...(eye test anybody?!) has done a wonderful job of pushing a fair few people into thinking 'what's the point?'"

For some this may be a consideration, however, I don't think it is as strong a factor as you might think.

here

It's a question!

Reasons, not one as there may be many depending on several factors for the individual.."

Ah... hello .... long time no chat hope everyone is well.

Ive touched upon the dislike of government reason, but what other reasons might there be depending on individual circumstances?

You thinking someone may not give their correct contact details as they may be somewhere they shouldn't be?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I really don't give a flying fig if it's world beating or not . . . Jees, once you have heard that sentence twice it's time to move on to a more useful conversation . . .

We have all heard the Politics of the thing but remember there are the general public who need to support it too.

I went to a Major City in the UK on Saturday evening to stay over in a Hotel eat out, drink etc etc.

In the restaurant we went to they had slips of paper on tables with Trace and Track asking for details. We asked the waitress how people were responding. She said 'some use it most don't'.

In a Bar (were we went for a drink) that also does food there were cards printed with the Trace and Track App link. If you wanted to eat there they said download the App' and fill in the details - The waiter said about half of the number of people coming in didn't want to download the App' so left without eating there. He said in that way it's bad for business and he wishes it wasn't on the tables.

Younger people are more inclined to believe it won't affect them so won't go for a test.

Anyone who believes it's all a big conspiracy won't go for a test.

Anyone who thinks that the whole thing is just too damn inconvenient won't go for a test.

ad-infinitum

We all have to see it in the round not from a jaundiced 'it's all the governments fault - it's all the cat the dog and the penguins fault . . .

Who cares if it's World Beating !!!

Somebody posted this in another thread. It really is worth a proper read (not just a headline scan).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53656852

redcar

It is and was common sense to use the already in place NHS primary care systems that link to all of us locally.

GP's NHS nurses in practices that have been not busy during covid lockdown, these experts should have been used for everything and then the over flow, use private contractors.

But no... Not the tory rotten apple approach - throwing millions and millions at the non medical private sector.

Has led to an inept & dysfunctional track and trace system that looses 40 - 50 % of the infected public.

That was" world beating " - waft the speech papers - BoZo and shake your fist.

And the isle of wight app ? which was paramount to us getting ontop of the killer virus ??

Our " not fit for purpose app " Dom Cummings.GOV ridiculous flo diagram approach

So feeding our cash to private profiteers who have no experience what so ever compared to our NHS professionals - who could have got it up and running 100% better as they know us their local GP patients.

yet again another shocking inept dysfunctional example - to us all of how very bad BoZo - Boris and our leader cummings really are......

redcar

Catevolution

You are having a laugh

" We all have to see it in the round not from a jaundiced 'it's all the governments fault - it's all the cat the dog and the penguins fault . . .

Who cares if it's World Beating !!! "

The point is - we are being grandly lied to by our public servants, who are constantly covering up the cat shit trail......

"I really don't give a flying fig if it's world beating or not . . . Jees, once you have heard that sentence twice it's time to move on to a more useful conversation . . .

We have all heard the Politics of the thing but remember there are the general public who need to support it too.

I went to a Major City in the UK on Saturday evening to stay over in a Hotel eat out, drink etc etc.

In the restaurant we went to they had slips of paper on tables with Trace and Track asking for details. We asked the waitress how people were responding. She said 'some use it most don't'.

In a Bar (were we went for a drink) that also does food there were cards printed with the Trace and Track App link. If you wanted to eat there they said download the App' and fill in the details - The waiter said about half of the number of people coming in didn't want to download the App' so left without eating there. He said in that way it's bad for business and he wishes it wasn't on the tables.

Younger people are more inclined to believe it won't affect them so won't go for a test.

Anyone who believes it's all a big conspiracy won't go for a test.

Anyone who thinks that the whole thing is just too damn inconvenient won't go for a test.

ad-infinitum

We all have to see it in the round not from a jaundiced 'it's all the governments fault - it's all the cat the dog and the penguins fault . . .

Who cares if it's World Beating !!!

Somebody posted this in another thread. It really is worth a proper read (not just a headline scan).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53656852

"

Nope, don't have to be world beating but at least work. Moral of the story, don't make promises you can't keep, especially when people's lives are at stake.

But, lying and denial has become second nature to this government. The only thing that shocks me more is when you point out the lies, you get attacked for doing so, that I just can't get my head around.

"Catevolution

You are having a laugh

" We all have to see it in the round not from a jaundiced 'it's all the governments fault - it's all the cat the dog and the penguins fault . . .

Who cares if it's World Beating !!! "

The point is - we are being grandly lied to by our public servants, who are constantly covering up the cat shit trail......"

Yep! The select committee today (mostly consisting of Tory MPs) reported that not closing the border sooner, cost lives. Yet again, this government just refuses to take any responsibility.

There seems to be this 'don't criticise' anything approach. Why?? That's their job.

here

If the current one doesn't work - what system would work?

redcar

Bella and Jack

Totally agree - why on earth if your pointing out something that is very badly wrong and that costs thousands of lives - and at risk to us all....

Sweep it under the carpet and deflect ?

Or to hide the dysfuntion - corruption and people not doing the job they are supposed to be doing ffs......

Its called holding/held to account in a democracy.

"If the current one doesn't work - what system would work?

"

Well, think of it as all part of a package. If your messaging is so off and people don't trust what you are saying, it impacts behaviour. I know so many Tories who have literally lost all confidence in this lot....like, real full on Tory voters. Why? Because the mixed messaging.

"Bella and Jack

Totally agree - why on earth if your pointing out something that is very badly wrong and that costs thousands of lives - and at risk to us all....

Sweep it under the carpet and deflect ?

Or to hide the dysfuntion - corruption and people not doing the job they are supposed to be doing ffs......

Its called holding/held to account in a democracy."

Oddly, you are held up as some kind traitor for just saying this stuff. I've said before the Furlough system has been great, but the health side has been woeful. I never hear these people criticise anything this government does. Even the Russia stuff.....it's incredible.

redcar

It is like our Cummings .Gov is led by dodgy car salesman - no trust in a word that comes from their gobs......

car buyer " are all them tyres bald and not legal, there's no tread on em ? ?

car salesman " no that's just the sun shining off them - they're fine "

here

Well, think of it as all part of a package. If your messaging is so off and people don't trust what you are saying, it impacts behaviour. I know so many Tories who have literally lost all confidence in this lot....like, real full on Tory voters. Why? Because the mixed messaging."

You have said you would engage with the current system, so you can't be that aggrieved with the government...

This would also be at odds with your assertion that people don't engage with the system as they don't trust the messaging from the government...

Ian Duncan Smith today moaning...

Votes against proper scrutiny of a bill, votes for that bill, then complains about not having read the small print of said bill...

This is are where we are at...but don't say anything...shhhh

Well, think of it as all part of a package. If your messaging is so off and people don't trust what you are saying, it impacts behaviour. I know so many Tories who have literally lost all confidence in this lot....like, real full on Tory voters. Why? Because the mixed messaging.

You have said you would engage with the current system, so you can't be that aggrieved with the government...

This would also be at odds with your assertion that people don't engage with the system as they don't trust the messaging from the government...

"

Because, as I have said, and I live in the hope that they will get it right.....a lot have given up. Some just positively lap up anything this government does without any questions whatsoever..

redcar

brummyweekender

Why say something is world beating as the app -

When it wasn't even off the ground to have let alone get the results in from it.

This what you dont get we do not like being lied to. Simple TRUST

Simple fact a PM who is constantly feeding us bullshit will never be trusted

I was talking to a very respectful retired JP after lockdown was lifted and he is a Tory - he was saying that he cannot believe how this government has not been using local NHS GP's and pharmacies and primary care NHS local staff - as he knows they were all not seeing patients for months.

He was shocked to the lack of genuine honesty and leadership coming from Boris. And he said the public simply do not trust this government and it values......

in Lancashire

It's a question!

Reasons, not one as there may be many depending on several factors for the individual..

Ive touched upon the dislike of government reason, but what other reasons might there be depending on individual circumstances?

You thinking someone may not give their correct contact details as they may be somewhere they shouldn't be? "

Hi, plodding along thanks..

Dislike, trust in governments per se and trust in this one certainly with the mixed sometimes contradictory messages they often have had at senior level..

The failed app didn't set out a collective approach with the centralisation etc..

And yes people do not want despite the situation their personal and private activity being on a database..

liverpool

"brummyweekender

Why say something is world beating as the app -

When it wasn't even off the ground to have let alone get the results in from it.

This what you dont get we do not like being lied to. Simple TRUST

Simple fact a PM who is constantly feeding us bullshit will never be trusted

I was talking to a very respectful retired JP after lockdown was lifted and he is a Tory - he was saying that he cannot believe how this government has not been using local NHS GP's and pharmacies and primary care NHS local staff - as he knows they were all not seeing patients for months.

He was shocked to the lack of genuine honesty and leadership coming from Boris. And he said the public simply do not trust this government and it values......"

He is like trump

Make outlandish and inaccurate claims

Repeat over and over meaningless slogans

He knows he will never be held to account

here

Because, as I have said, and I live in the hope that they will get it right.....a lot have given up. Some just positively lap up anything this government does without any questions whatsoever.."

Yes, maybe a lot have given up - but not you.

Whats to say the opposite opinion you have offered - people are not engaging with the system due to poor government messaging i.e why should i bother if they cant tell me exactly what is going on - is actually felt by a very small percentage of the people.

here

It's a question!

You thinking someone may not give their correct contact details as they may be somewhere they shouldn't be?

Dislike, trust in governments per se and trust in this one certainly with the mixed sometimes contradictory messages they often have had at senior level..

The failed app didn't set out a collective approach with the centralisation etc..

And yes people do not want despite the situation their personal and private activity being on a database..

"

which kind of leads me to think our culture/society isn't fit for any system that requires the people to voluntarily submit their details - whether that's by app, paper or verbally.

Because, as I have said, and I live in the hope that they will get it right.....a lot have given up. Some just positively lap up anything this government does without any questions whatsoever..

Whats to say the opposite opinion you have offered - people are not engaging with the system due to poor government messaging i.e why should i bother if they cant tell me exactly what is going on - is actually felt by a very small percentage of the people.

"

So, none of it is the government's fault, it's anybodies fault but? Shouldn't bother having a government at all then??

redcar

Hutz

Yes the latest brain buster - slogan on the white board

BUILD BUILD BUILD

no affordable housing over the past 11 years...... just russian penthouses in london

here

So, none of it is the government's fault, it's anybodies fault but? Shouldn't bother having a government at all then??"

Come on, you can do better than that. I haven't suggested the government are blameless or, very bizarrely, that there should not be any government...

My suggestion is that if the governments failing is bad communication, why would you still engage with the system. Will all other ferocious critics of the government be engaging?

How many other ways are there to trace/track, without the public being forced to provide accurate details and forced to respond to messages/telephone calls?

redcar

Covid track and traced people receiving 6 phone calls asking the same script, questions by 6 separate tracers - by a private profit company - is a huge ????

So, none of it is the government's fault, it's anybodies fault but? Shouldn't bother having a government at all then??

Come on, you can do better than that. I haven't suggested the government are blameless or, very bizarrely, that there should not be any government...

My suggestion is that if the governments failing is bad communication, why would you still engage with the system. Will all other ferocious critics of the government be engaging?

How many other ways are there to trace/track, without the public being forced to provide accurate details and forced to respond to messages/telephone calls?

"

You have completely suggested it's never their fault. I have never heard you offer one word of criticism toward this government.

As I said, we have no choice. They are in power. Who else do we look for for clarity and leadership? I wish it were different, I really do. More people might still be alive if so.

here

You have completely suggested it's never their fault. I have never heard you offer one word of criticism toward this government.

As I said, we have no choice. They are in power. Who else do we look for for clarity and leadership? I wish it were different, I really do. More people might still be alive if so."

And now we are back to you adding your own context to my posts...

"I have never heard you offer one word of criticism toward this government"

You surely have missed my earlier reply?

You: "Yep, I absolutely would engage. Is it world beating??"

Me: I don't think its world beating.

Anyway, i just get a small whiff of hypocrisy in all of this - happy to lambast the government and its shit system - but by your own admission, would engage with it...

Can't be all that bad if you would use, through gritted teeth I'm sure(should the occasion arise of course).

So an alternative system... any ideas?

thornaby

It's a question!

Yep, I absolutely would engage. Is it world beating??It’s a joke that’s why the north are launching there own lol

lets hope it' launch is better than the e-scooter launch in the Boro "

lmao aw well that wouldn’t be hard to do

As I said, we have no choice. They are in power. Who else do we look for for clarity and leadership? I wish it were different, I really do. More people might still be alive if so.

Anyway, i just get a small whiff of hypocrisy in all of this - happy to lambast the government and its shit system - but by your own admission, would engage with it...

Can't be all that bad if you would use, through gritted teeth I'm sure(should the occasion arise of course).

So an alternative system... any ideas?"

I'll tell you why, for the sake of others. Empathy, something that those on the right struggle with

Well, not spending a 100 million on an failed app when an open source one was available. Oh, and sack advisors that erode public trust

By *ertwoCouple  over a year ago

omagh

"News night yesterday, data in from the track and trace - it is not fit for purpose.

Thousands of handlers calling people that may have got covid and to isolate for the 14 days.

average of 2 calls per day per handler, but one tracked person receiving 6 calls from different handlers, asking the same tick box questions thus 40% drop out, thus the system in reality failing.

The 18,500 call handlers are on £9 per hour, line managers sending puzzles and quizzes to pass the time - anonymous handler source said.

Privately contracted out to the tune of £192 million, again wasting our public money.

Local councils are now taking it into their own hands i.e blackburn and using LOCAL NHS service infrastructure which was perfectly placed to wackamole the killer pandemic virus ......

"

Government would be better giving out free masks than wasting money on a system that will never work. It depends on people telling them who they have been in contact with. Or where they have been. Or using a useless app that is no good unless every person in the UK has it and that will never happen. Because many will not down load it and others have phones which are to old and others dont even have a mob phone.

here

So an alternative system... any ideas?

I'll tell you why, for the sake of others. Empathy, something that those on the right struggle with

Well, not spending a 100 million on an failed app when an open source one was available. Oh, and sack advisors that erode public trust "

Would the app, apple/google or otherwise, have made a trace/track system any more effective?

Rumblings at the time of apps being talked about seemed to suggest people would be just as reluctant to use it as they are about providing contact dsetails/answering phone calls etc.. with the current system?

Alternative system? Probably isn't one. I'll give you that purely because, the mixed messages have been so bad, that confidence was shot well before any track and trace was implemented.

I'm absolutely sure, that if the messaging had been better, more would of engaged. Remember, there are also a lot of people that would question giving data to this government (Cambridge Analytica anybody??).

Alternative system? Probably isn't one. I'll give you that purely because, the mixed messages have been so bad, that confidence was shot well before any track and trace was implemented.

I'm absolutely sure, that if the messaging had been better, more would of engaged. Remember, there are also a lot of people that would question giving data to this government (Cambridge Analytica anybody??).

in Lancashire

It's a question!

which kind of leads me to think our culture/society isn't fit for any system that requires the people to voluntarily submit their details - whether that's by app, paper or verbally.

"

I would not go that far, even on countries where the people are a bit more disciplined (not sure that's the right term) eg. Germany the take up has not been total with their own app etc..

We are a bit more cynical of political types of all hues and given the whole nature of our politics is adversarial and tribal we tend to jump on the fuck ups they all make..

And there's been plenty in this pandemic, almost like the party and it's reputation is higher than the national well being..

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"Compare it with Northern Ireland's.....but ours is 'world beating'. We can even get the best one in the UK!!"

I trust Boris. He's a genius and is funny and has nice hair.

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

It was never given such ridiculous sums money , to come up with a 50p ready in minutes result its about a massive overarching system of surveillance and coercion to take up private health insurance , have all personal data accessible in one place by the state, and the means to force people for instance to apply for a passport through one portal , show proof of vaccination/immunity , contact their gp renew driviing licence. Criminal records checks , as well as record a history of online searches which could be regarded as anti gov or poliitical activism . Credit checks, fines, court appearances. All that will he held on a police database accessible by them or a private militia instantly . Thats why they gave cummings a billion quid.

» Add a new message to this topic