FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > No deal 2. Boris has sold you a dud.

No deal 2. Boris has sold you a dud.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Carrying on from the posts on no deal.

Only by then their will be no Eu as other countries will have left and as we were the main contributor financially it'll fold in time. " Unquote

Germany and France both contribute considerably more to the EU.. We contributed 11.8 % of the budget so we’re not going to be too hard to replace with so many of the other contributors.

Half of the members are net contributors and it’s fairly based on the size of each countries economy. The U.K. press have filled your head full of nonsense.

Oh and to put that in perspective

300 Billion of our exports go to the EU 43% of our total exports

374Billion of our imports come from the EU 51% of our total imports

Our contribution after rebate around 8 Billion. We get a large chunk back on spending in U.K.

100 + million new custom entry charges from the EU to uk business estimate 2 - 6 billion. Another few Billion spent in the U.K. export entries but that remains in U.K. economy I hope. ONS

We’re going to be financially worse off as the barriers to trade will put companies off dealing with us.

It’s already started.

Inexperienced companies who don’t export outside the EU have no idea how the VAT regime is going to crucify them if we don’t keep the B2B VAT agreement with Europe. Expect a few cash flow strapped companies falling down there.

People have no clue what they have voted for.

We should have voted in a government that shared the wealth across the country and not invested all in London. That would have served us all better. . Europe isn’t the problem, our own shit politicians are what’s brought us to this mess. All the tax wealth from Banking and Oil have been wasted year on year.

No deal.. mmmm turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind

Numbers on imports exports from parliamentary library July 2020

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Talking of VAT the uk will be able to keep that money now instead of having to send 80% of it to the eu.

Manchester

Read the rules on VAT regarding international trade.

I use these rules for export and know what a shit storm is coming for business. The VAT a person pays can’t be claimed back a company can but what how they soon can’ t because they don’t have the set up for it.

The money your talking is between 2- 3Billion as part of our contribution to Europe.

Did you also know that out of the total contributions we pay for every £2 in we get at least £1 back and some years it’s £1.45 back.

Tell me a benefit financially from leaving without a deal .

Immigration you’re being bullshit too in case you mention control of borders,

Manchester

On a serious not if any of you on here are in business with Europe please do look at the VAT systems it bloody painful. You will need to plan.

This isn’t political speak from me. If we don’t extend the vat arrangements you will be paying vat on international supply and services and could wait up to 18months to get your money back if you don’t have a trade off set.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Talking of VAT the uk will be able to keep that money now instead of having to send 80% of it to the eu. "

It's not as if the UK got any money from the EU for you know, being a member of the EU

Areas in the UK getting funding from the EU sure aint getting the same funding from the UK gov post brexit.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"On a serious not if any of you on here are in business with Europe please do look at the VAT systems it bloody painful. You will need to plan.

This isn’t political speak from me. If we don’t extend the vat arrangements you will be paying vat on international supply and services and could wait up to 18months to get your money back if you don’t have a trade off set. "

Is this about the adverts on tv lately saying check what you need to do and prepare changes? Where I work we send good to and from the EU as well as other parts of the world all the time. They have had to do work on this but was told it is not as bad as they feared and ready for next year even if a no deal happens

milton keynes

"Carrying on from the posts on no deal.

Only by then their will be no Eu as other countries will have left and as we were the main contributor financially it'll fold in time. " Unquote

Germany and France both contribute considerably more to the EU.. We contributed 11.8 % of the budget so we’re not going to be too hard to replace with so many of the other contributors.

Half of the members are net contributors and it’s fairly based on the size of each countries economy. The U.K. press have filled your head full of nonsense.

Our contribution after rebate around 8 Billion. We get a large chunk back on spending in U.K.

100 + million new custom entry charges from the EU to uk business estimate 2 - 6 billion. Another few Billion spent in the U.K. export entries but that remains in U.K. economy I hope. ONS

We’re going to be financially worse off as the barriers to trade will put companies off dealing with us.

It’s already started.

Inexperienced companies who don’t export outside the EU have no idea how the VAT regime is going to crucify them if we don’t keep the B2B VAT agreement with Europe. Expect a few cash flow strapped companies falling down there.

We should have voted in a government that shared the wealth across the country and not invested all in London. That would have served us all better. . Europe isn’t the problem, our own shit politicians are what’s brought us to this mess. All the tax wealth from Banking and Oil have been wasted year on year.

"

It is a complicated subject though what I read is the 8 billion contributions already takes account of rebate and European spending in the UK. Germany is the biggest contributor with the UK second closely followed by France. Things do change around year on year as it depends on how countries economies perform the the UK is usually either number 2 or 3.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It’s already started.

"

I know what I voted for nothing to do with economics although the economic benefits will be good in the long run.

It’s already started.

I know what I voted for nothing to do with economics although the economic benefits will be good in the long run.

"

Haha This is amazing

It’s already started.

"

Haha haha, comedy gold . When you say in ‘the long run’ how long are we talking here? Roughly,

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

It’s already started.

Haha haha, comedy gold . When you say in ‘the long run’ how long are we talking here? Roughly, "

maybe 20 yrs that’s how long you predicted we would rejoin the eu great ain’t been able to predict the future lol

It’s already started.

Haha haha, comedy gold . When you say in ‘the long run’ how long are we talking here? Roughly, maybe 20 yrs that’s how long you predicted we would rejoin the eu great ain’t been able to predict the future lol"

Maybe 20 years? Is that what you voted for?

It’s already started.

Haha haha, comedy gold . When you say in ‘the long run’ how long are we talking here? Roughly, maybe 20 yrs that’s how long you predicted we would rejoin the eu great ain’t been able to predict the future lol

Maybe 20 years? Is that what you voted for? "

Britain will be great again! (Sometime before the next millennium.)

Emmablu, what did you vote for? Just curious.

"Emmablu, what did you vote for? Just curious."

Sovereignty, innit

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Emmablu, what did you vote for? Just curious."

To get inglund back..

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

It’s already started.

It is a complicated subject though what I read is the 8 billion contributions already takes account of rebate and European spending in the UK. Germany is the biggest contributor with the UK second closely followed by France. Things do change around year on year as it depends on how countries economies perform the the UK is usually either number 2 or 3. "

Apart from the money that's sent back with instructions on how we have to spend it what happens to the rest of the money that does not comeback.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

cant speak for everyone who voted leave but pretty much evrryone i know who voted remain done so for the status quo. none of them ever mention about we could of stayed and reformed it.and pretty much everyone i know who voted to leave done so because of freedom of movement they dont mention the economy or it being harder to travel or anything else.also dont think it helped remains cause with the threats of instant reccession and job losses over night.no one belived politicians then they trust them even less now.like someone said on here the other day get a remain party going and try and convince to population to rejoin bit like the opposite of ukip lol.just a thought though is a lot of people i know who voted remain say they wouldnt vote to rejoin unless it was with the same deal we had before so that coulld be a problem.myself i wouldnt vote for either just like last time

thornaby

It’s already started.

Haha haha, comedy gold . When you say in ‘the long run’ how long are we talking here? Roughly, maybe 20 yrs that’s how long you predicted we would rejoin the eu great ain’t been able to predict the future lol

Maybe 20 years? Is that what you voted for? "

no bud just taking piss out your predictions just a bit of fun it’s the weekend lol still think you could be right about fury tho lol

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Read the rules on VAT regarding international trade.

I use these rules for export and know what a shit storm is coming for business. The VAT a person pays can’t be claimed back a company can but what how they soon can’ t because they don’t have the set up for it.

The money your talking is between 2- 3Billion as part of our contribution to Europe.

Did you also know that out of the total contributions we pay for every £2 in we get at least £1 back and some years it’s £1.45 back.

Immigration you’re being bullshit too in case you mention control of borders, "

I'm Still waiting for a benefit full stop.

liverpool

"cant speak for everyone who voted leave but pretty much evrryone i know who voted remain done so for the status quo. none of them ever mention about we could of stayed and reformed it.and pretty much everyone i know who voted to leave done so because of freedom of movement they dont mention the economy or it being harder to travel or anything else.also dont think it helped remains cause with the threats of instant reccession and job losses over night.no one belived politicians then they trust them even less now.like someone said on here the other day get a remain party going and try and convince to population to rejoin bit like the opposite of ukip lol.just a thought though is a lot of people i know who voted remain say they wouldnt vote to rejoin unless it was with the same deal we had before so that coulld be a problem.myself i wouldnt vote for either just like last time"

Well we certainly can't reform it now.

thornaby

"cant speak for everyone who voted leave but pretty much evrryone i know who voted remain done so for the status quo. none of them ever mention about we could of stayed and reformed it.and pretty much everyone i know who voted to leave done so because of freedom of movement they dont mention the economy or it being harder to travel or anything else.also dont think it helped remains cause with the threats of instant reccession and job losses over night.no one belived politicians then they trust them even less now.like someone said on here the other day get a remain party going and try and convince to population to rejoin bit like the opposite of ukip lol.just a thought though is a lot of people i know who voted remain say they wouldnt vote to rejoin unless it was with the same deal we had before so that coulld be a problem.myself i wouldnt vote for either just like last time

Well we certainly can't reform it now."

if it’s suck a great club to be a member of why reform it ?

"Read the rules on VAT regarding international trade.

Immigration you’re being bullshit too in case you mention control of borders,

I'm Still waiting for a benefit full stop."

Migrants on pontoons will be a benefit

liverpool

"cant speak for everyone who voted leave but pretty much evrryone i know who voted remain done so for the status quo. none of them ever mention about we could of stayed and reformed it.and pretty much everyone i know who voted to leave done so because of freedom of movement they dont mention the economy or it being harder to travel or anything else.also dont think it helped remains cause with the threats of instant reccession and job losses over night.no one belived politicians then they trust them even less now.like someone said on here the other day get a remain party going and try and convince to population to rejoin bit like the opposite of ukip lol.just a thought though is a lot of people i know who voted remain say they wouldnt vote to rejoin unless it was with the same deal we had before so that coulld be a problem.myself i wouldnt vote for either just like last time

Well we certainly can't reform it now.if it’s suck a great club to be a member of why reform it ?"

Even remainers wouldnt say it was perfect.But at least when you are in it..you can try to change it.

Manchester

Here are the actual numbers people.

Less than a decent pair of jeans for each of us.

That’s how much money we’re saving to be a member of the biggest and richest market in the world

Scroll down on this link to net contribution. 75euro each person per year for the U.K.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/22/eu-budget-spending-contributions-european-union#data

The customs paperwork advice the government have sent out is pretty straight forward at a cost of around £100 for each document.

They still don’t have advice on how the physical paperwork in each industry is to be handled or where and how each document will be cleared as they don’t know yet.

I’ve met with the U.K. border office and take it from me they haven’t a clue how this is going to work.

They’ve spoken to a handful of U.K. hauliers but none of the international hauliers who account for 80% of traffic. It’s laughable,

With no deal a permit system to operate international trucks will be used. There are around 2000 permits in the U.K. and we need 40,000. No plans to increase that number and if you don’t have one by now you’re not sending that truck abroad.

The advice on VAT doesn’t exist as each country is fee to treat VAT as they like. If your company isn’t aware of this then you best rattle a few cages.

I export outside the EU and it’s a very very expensive nightmare with WTO rules and a country who have no agreement in place with the UK .

The ignorance of us all and lack of detailed planning from our government is shocking.

milton keynes

"Here are the actual numbers people.

That’s how much money we’re saving to be a member of the biggest and richest market in the world

Scroll down on this link to net contribution. 75euro each person per year for the U.K.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/22/eu-budget-spending-contributions-european-union#data

The customs paperwork advice the government have sent out is pretty straight forward at a cost of around £100 for each document.

They still don’t have advice on how the physical paperwork in each industry is to be handled or where and how each document will be cleared as they don’t know yet.

I’ve met with the U.K. border office and take it from me they haven’t a clue how this is going to work.

They’ve spoken to a handful of U.K. hauliers but none of the international hauliers who account for 80% of traffic. It’s laughable,

With no deal a permit system to operate international trucks will be used. There are around 2000 permits in the U.K. and we need 40,000. No plans to increase that number and if you don’t have one by now you’re not sending that truck abroad.

The advice on VAT doesn’t exist as each country is fee to treat VAT as they like. If your company isn’t aware of this then you best rattle a few cages.

I export outside the EU and it’s a very very expensive nightmare with WTO rules and a country who have no agreement in place with the UK .

The ignorance of us all and lack of detailed planning from our government is shocking.

"

Will this be the end of your company?

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

I wonder what influence Macron will have on a trade deal after he threw his toys out the pram about UK citizens returning from their holidays to avoid quarantine?

liverpool

Will this be the end of your company?"

Someone the other was saying a person on the radio was going to lose their job because of brexit but it didn't matter because we had got it done.

You cant penetrate that level of fanaticism.

Manchester

Will this be the end of your company?"

No it’s a strong business but we’ve recently increased our European staff levels at the expense of the U.K.

It’s a fact that we’ve already lost export business due to the nervousness of our clients in Europe. They want alternative supply as they are wary of the U.K. now,

Theses are real jobs going and real turnover.

liverpool

"I wonder what influence Macron will have on a trade deal after he threw his toys out the pram about UK citizens returning from their holidays to avoid quarantine? "

Presumably he wasnt happy as the loss of trade.

Just as any country wouldnt be.

milton keynes

No it’s a strong business but we’ve recently increased our European staff levels at the expense of the U.K.

It’s a fact that we’ve already lost export business due to the nervousness of our clients in Europe. They want alternative supply as they are wary of the U.K. now,

"

I will have to have another chat with my friends at work who also had to do this. They send and receive goods all over the place including the EU and got it done without to much hassle or at least not as bad as feared. Business seems opposite to your experience in that it remaines stable and actually increasing as the lockdown eases. Best of luck to you

Manchester

I will have to have another chat with my friends at work who also had to do this. They send and receive goods all over the place including the EU and got it done without to much hassle or at least not as bad as feared. Business seems opposite to your experience in that it remaines stable and actually increasing as the lockdown eases. Best of luck to you"

There will be some winners and losers I agree. We have heavy industry and government contracts and export all over the world. The government business in Europe is the first to be effected so we know that’s political. The independent clients are starting to ask questions so it’s coming at some point. Our business will be fine as we can produce in Europe. I fear a lot can’t.

I will have to have another chat with my friends at work who also had to do this. They send and receive goods all over the place including the EU and got it done without to much hassle or at least not as bad as feared. Business seems opposite to your experience in that it remaines stable and actually increasing as the lockdown eases. Best of luck to you"

"I wonder what influence Macron will have on a trade deal after he threw his toys out the pram about UK citizens returning from their holidays to avoid quarantine? "

Would this be yet another example of trying to blame foreigners so we don't have to look at our own country?

Manchester

"I wonder what influence Macron will have on a trade deal after he threw his toys out the pram about UK citizens returning from their holidays to avoid quarantine?

Would this be yet another example of trying to blame foreigners so we don't have to look at our own country?"

I think Europe is dismayed at what a mess we have made of all this .

liverpool

"I wonder what influence Macron will have on a trade deal after he threw his toys out the pram about UK citizens returning from their holidays to avoid quarantine?

Would this be yet another example of trying to blame foreigners so we don't have to look at our own country?"

Always works a treat.

Would this be yet another example of trying to blame foreigners so we don't have to look at our own country?

Always works a treat."

Those foreigners... always speaking in languages we don't even understand. Having the cheek to be born somewhere else.

milton keynes

I will have to have another chat with my friends at work who also had to do this. They send and receive goods all over the place including the EU and got it done without to much hassle or at least not as bad as feared. Business seems opposite to your experience in that it remaines stable and actually increasing as the lockdown eases. Best of luck to you

"

?

Isnt it just as well,

you’ll be soon gone from the EU and you won’t have anyone to blame

Bar

Yourselves

Isnt it just as well,

you’ll be soon gone from the EU and you won’t have anyone to blame

Bar

Yourselves "

They'll still try and blame somebody else. After all, they can hardly blame themselves.

By *exy couple128Couple  over a year ago

Scarborough

Reading some of these posts think some people need to chill out a bit, this is a swinger's site after all!

"Reading some of these posts think some people need to chill out a bit, this is a swinger's site after all!"

I agree. Why on Earth are these people talking politics in the politics section?

ROMFORD

It was a simple question but you have decided to twist it round to suit your agenda.

It was a simple question but you have decided to twist it round to suit your agenda."

Yup. It was a perfectly simple question that wasn't at all loaded by a phrase like "threw his toys our of the pram." Nothing implying anything bad or unreasonable about foreigners there...

ROMFORD

It was a simple question but you have decided to twist it round to suit your agenda.

Yup. It was a perfectly simple question that wasn't at all loaded by a phrase like "threw his toys our of the pram." Nothing implying anything bad or unreasonable about foreigners there...

"

There you go again.

Where did foreigners come from?

My question was about one person.

You are the one who likes to twist things round.

There you go again.

You are the one who likes to twist things round."

Ah that well-known Englishman called Macron.

How did you vote on Brexit, by the way? And why? Just curious.

Manchester

I’d be pissed off if another government was hurting our economy by knee jerk blanket shutdown behaviour as we are hurting the French.

Our government are claiming they have to be tough and act quickly to stop the virus.

Why didn’t they stop the incoming international flights during the months of lockdown or at least screen people arriving?

I had relatives arriving from Madrid when that city was in Covid meltdown and they were just waved through without any checks whatsoever. Oh and these aren’t rescue flights I’m talking about.

ROMFORD

"I’d be pissed off if another government was hurting our economy by knee jerk blanket shutdown behaviour as we are hurting the French.

Our government are claiming they have to be tough and act quickly to stop the virus.

Why didn’t they stop the incoming international flights during the months of lockdown or at least screen people arriving?

I had relatives arriving from Madrid when that city was in Covid meltdown and they were just waved through without any checks whatsoever. Oh and these aren’t rescue flights I’m talking about. "

So you think it's knee jerk to impose quarantine even if the infection rate of a country has gone up.

But then you are not happy we didn't stop flights coming in on countries where the infection has gone up.!

It's fair enough to quarantine from countries with a higher infection rate.

But that does raise the question: why did we do nothing to stop flights arriving here for so long? You know, back when we had v few infections here.

Manchester

"I’d be pissed off if another government was hurting our economy by knee jerk blanket shutdown behaviour as we are hurting the French.

I had relatives arriving from Madrid when that city was in Covid meltdown and they were just waved through without any checks whatsoever. Oh and these aren’t rescue flights I’m talking about.

So you think it's knee jerk to impose quarantine even if the infection rate of a country has gone up.

But then you are not happy we didn't stop flights coming in on countries where the infection has gone up.!

"

I think it’s right to quarantine so agree with action to a point. But a whole country?? Why aren’t we all in lockdown as Leicester has an outbreak. It’s the same principal.

The knee jerk was in reference to shut them all down rather than target specific areas. I didn’t explain myself very well.

The financial damage is out of all proportion to the risk factor. A more intelligent approach is what I’m suggesting. My reference to the planes was that apart from the initial lockdown we haven’t approached anything with what looks like any form of thoughtful way.

The national lockdown was ultimately needed because we had no testing and therefore no idea who had the virus or where they were.

I see the health England are getting the sack (actually probably just a name change) but who decided to not allow the top up of PPE recommended and requested years before the pandemic. It was the political incompetents in charge.

liverpool

I think it’s right to quarantine so agree with action to a point. But a whole country?? Why aren’t we all in lockdown as Leicester has an outbreak. It’s the same principal.

The knee jerk was in reference to shut them all down rather than target specific areas. I didn’t explain myself very well.

The financial damage is out of all proportion to the risk factor. A more intelligent approach is what I’m suggesting. My reference to the planes was that apart from the initial lockdown we haven’t approached anything with what looks like any form of thoughtful way.

The national lockdown was ultimately needed because we had no testing and therefore no idea who had the virus or where they were.

I see the health England are getting the sack (actually probably just a name change) but who decided to not allow the top up of PPE recommended and requested years before the pandemic. It was the political incompetents in charge.

"

Like you said.. when the likes of Italy and Spain were getting decimated,we allowed them in unchecked.

Further proof that in the beginning, even with countless warnings,the gmnt did far too little.

milton keynes

I had relatives arriving from Madrid when that city was in Covid meltdown and they were just waved through without any checks whatsoever. Oh and these aren’t rescue flights I’m talking about. "

I think they realised they made a mistake in the early days not stopping flights or quarantining those arriving. Now they have learnt from that and being stricter. What is the problem with that. Surely it's good not to repeat the same mistake

milton keynes

There you go again.

You are the one who likes to twist things round."

You can't go mentioning people like macron having a rant on here. Please only criticise the uk, preferably boris

There you go again.

You can't go mentioning people like macron having a rant on here. Please only criticise the uk, preferably boris"

And who is boris?

ROMFORD

There you go again.

You can't go mentioning people like macron having a rant on here. Please only criticise the uk, preferably boris"

It's worth mentioning that England wanted to allow an extra 24hrs for UK residents to get back but Scotland and Wales wanted 4am Saturday.

So to have a united approach the UK went with Saturday.

milton keynes

There you go again.

You can't go mentioning people like macron having a rant on here. Please only criticise the uk, preferably boris

And who is boris? "

Some dude in Westminster

milton keynes

There you go again.

It's worth mentioning that England wanted to allow an extra 24hrs for UK residents to get back but Scotland and Wales wanted 4am Saturday.

So to have a united approach the UK went with Saturday. "

I did not know that. Did Scotland and Wales give reasons for this

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Did I read it correctly as well that farmers, got set aside money from the EU for not using their land.

Something to do with not having excess of things such as the butter mountains, etc.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Did I read it correctly as well that farmers, got set aside money from the EU for not using their land.

Something to do with not having excess of things such as the butter mountains, etc."

Many years ago, it was compulsory

Manchester

I think they realised they made a mistake in the early days not stopping flights or quarantining those arriving. Now they have learnt from that and being stricter. What is the problem with that. Surely it's good not to repeat the same mistake"

As I said in my earlier post Quarantine is a good thing and better than nothing but it’s a sledge hammer approach that just shows how I incompetent our government is.

Do you know you can drive from Italy across France and as long as you say you haven’t stopped in the way you didn’t need to quarantine .

It’s just shy of 900km from

The mount blanc tunnel entrance to Calais . I don’t know many cars that can do 600miles without a top up of fuel while fully laden with family and let’s not forget the Dominic Cummins pee break for all.

In reality those families will stay in a hotel half way and stop at the same services the people on holiday in France use so it’s just basic nonsense.

It’s all very amateur in approach.

Manchester

"Did I read it correctly as well that farmers, got set aside money from the EU for not using their land.

Something to do with not having excess of things such as the butter mountains, etc."

I believe half the eu budget goes to farmers. It was originally to secure food supply and help the small farmers around Europe . Cultural support etc

The pension fund owned and landed gentry mega farms in Lincolnshire get millions in subsidy although employ a handful of people.

It was crying out for reform but no strong complaining voices came from the U.K. or France.

The whole bias towards farmers was all agreed and pushed along by our parliament in relation to Europe years ago as guess what a lot of MP’s used to do for a living all those years again.

Yep farmers . Once the strongest lobbyists in the U.K. .

The tories have said they will look to continue the support but I suspect that won’t be happening.

Small farms will close and big farms just get bigger.

milton keynes

I think they realised they made a mistake in the early days not stopping flights or quarantining those arriving. Now they have learnt from that and being stricter. What is the problem with that. Surely it's good not to repeat the same mistake

As I said in my earlier post Quarantine is a good thing and better than nothing but it’s a sledge hammer approach that just shows how I incompetent our government is.

Do you know you can drive from Italy across France and as long as you say you haven’t stopped in the way you didn’t need to quarantine .

The mount blanc tunnel entrance to Calais . I don’t know many cars that can do 600miles without a top up of fuel while fully laden with family and let’s not forget the Dominic Cummins pee break for all.

In reality those families will stay in a hotel half way and stop at the same services the people on holiday in France use so it’s just basic nonsense.

"

Why is it a sledgehammer approach. They are doing what they failed to do at the beginning and what people quite rightly said they should have done. Now they are doing it and still complaints

milton keynes

Yep good money was earned for not producing anything by the farmers.

Manchester

Why is it a sledgehammer approach. They are doing what they failed to do at the beginning and what people quite rightly said they should have done. Now they are doing it and still complaints"

You’re missing the point I agree with use of quarantine but half a million Brits are presently in France and expected to quarantine .

It’s not beyond the whit of an average man to sort those people into high risk and less high risk areas.

Otherwise by the same principal the whole of tne U.K. should be in quarantine by what’s happening in Preston and Oldham. Are you suggesting that’s what we should do?

So yes I’m am complaining about how simplistic we are running this .

Surely we have more intellect available than what is being shown.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Something to do with not having excess of things such as the butter mountains, etc.

I believe half the eu budget goes to farmers. It was originally to secure food supply and help the small farmers around Europe . Cultural support etc

The pension fund owned and landed gentry mega farms in Lincolnshire get millions in subsidy although employ a handful of people.

It was crying out for reform but no strong complaining voices came from the U.K. or France.

The whole bias towards farmers was all agreed and pushed along by our parliament in relation to Europe years ago as guess what a lot of MP’s used to do for a living all those years again.

The tories have said they will look to continue the support but I suspect that won’t be happening.

"

34.5 %.

Manchester

34.5 %.

"

Thanks for the correct number. I am happy to be corrected but was it 50% at one point?

Manchester

Just looked this up

In 2018, the share of EU spending on farming was 37%. In 1985, 70% was spent on farming. Over the past two decades, 13 countries — most of them with large farming sectors — have joined the EU. However, the Common agricultural policy budget has not risen to cover these extra costs. In fact, spending continues to fall. For 2021-2027, the Commission proposed to dedicate less than 30% of the EU budget to agriculture. Its relatively large share of the EU budget is justified; it is the only policy funded almost entirely from the common budget. This means that EU spending replaces national expenditure to a large extent.

liverpool

Why is it a sledgehammer approach. They are doing what they failed to do at the beginning and what people quite rightly said they should have done. Now they are doing it and still complaints

You’re missing the point I agree with use of quarantine but half a million Brits are presently in France and expected to quarantine .

It’s not beyond the whit of an average man to sort those people into high risk and less high risk areas.

Otherwise by the same principal the whole of tne U.K. should be in quarantine by what’s happening in Preston and Oldham. Are you suggesting that’s what we should do?

"

Is that last line ironic?

milton keynes

"

No not suggesting that at all. As said the actions they are taking now are the very actions they were criticized for not taking at the start. I learn from here England wanted to give an extra 24 hours to those in France but Scotland and Wales did not want to give this extra time

Manchester

Is that last line ironic?"

Manchester

No not suggesting that at all. As said the actions they are taking now are the very actions they were criticized for not taking at the start. I learn from here England wanted to give an extra 24 hours to those in France but Scotland and Wales did not want to give this extra time"

Interesting no MP’s from any Parliament have lost a penny from being furloughed or laid off and yet they mess with these people on holiday in such a careless way.

I’m alright jack !!

milton keynes

No not suggesting that at all. As said the actions they are taking now are the very actions they were criticized for not taking at the start. I learn from here England wanted to give an extra 24 hours to those in France but Scotland and Wales did not want to give this extra time

Interesting no MP’s from any Parliament have lost a penny from being furloughed or laid off and yet they mess with these people on holiday in such a careless way.

I’m alright jack !! "

I think an MP got caught out with the Spanish quarantine that was introduced a short while ago. It's never good people having holidays ruined but can imagine the abuse if they did not do this after so much criticism at the start

Manchester

I’m alright jack !!

I think an MP got caught out with the Spanish quarantine that was introduced a short while ago. It's never good people having holidays ruined but can imagine the abuse if they did not do this after so much criticism at the start"

I agree they had to act but 24 hours isn’t going to make such a huge difference. It could have given some a chance to get home and work.

milton keynes

I’m alright jack !!

I think an MP got caught out with the Spanish quarantine that was introduced a short while ago. It's never good people having holidays ruined but can imagine the abuse if they did not do this after so much criticism at the start

I agree they had to act but 24 hours isn’t going to make such a huge difference. It could have given some a chance to get home and work.

"

Shame the Scots and Welsh would not go for it but guess they had their reasons

Manchester

I’m alright jack !!

Shame the Scots and Welsh would not go for it but guess they had their reasons"

Yes normally a Sturgeon wait two weeks after Boris has fucked up before making sure she avoids that balls up. So to be 24hrs ahead was just plain selfish.

» Add a new message to this topic