FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > For Javid the gravy train continues

For Javid the gravy train continues

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackal1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Sajid Javid now works as a consultant for JPMorgan bank 6 months after quitting as chancellor .

It will be a mega salary and with his inside knowledge how is that allowed to happen.

He’s still an MP for f**ks sake!!

Do these people even have any morals ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I saw that story. It's pathetic, naked corruption.

No MPs should be allowed to do such jobs while they are MPS. From any party. They should also be barred from certain jobs after being an MP. There are too many opportunities for rewards for earlier favours done that way too.

In fact, no MP should do any other job at all while they're an MP. It's supposedly an important job. They should all focus on it exclusively.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Working for JPMorgan while at the same time being an elected MP is the type of job that no self respecting MP should do

It's the elite with their own set of double standards, it's a pity corbyn didn't get the chance to change things, sometimes a radical agenda is necessary, I am not at all surprised though.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Didnt he have about 6 jobs at one point?

Said On another thread but the mps who paid to be 'advisors'is as corrupt as fuck.

Manchester

"I saw that story. It's pathetic, naked corruption.

No MPs should be allowed to do such jobs while they are MPS. From any party. They should also be barred from certain jobs after being an MP. There are too many opportunities for rewards for earlier favours done that way too."

Agree with this

"It's the elite with their own set of double standards, it's a pity corbyn didn't get the chance to change things, sometimes a radical agenda is necessary, I am not at all surprised though. "
. ,,, Corbyn having the chance to sort out the elitist double standards is probably why so many of his own Labour MPs did not want him to succeed

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"It's the elite with their own set of double standards, it's a pity corbyn didn't get the chance to change things, sometimes a radical agenda is necessary, I am not at all surprised though. . ,,, Corbyn having the chance to sort out the elitist double standards is probably why so many of his own Labour MPs did not want him to succeed "

Is he back on the lecture circuit now he's not the leader anymore?

It's a shame, chance for real change

Manchester

"It's a shame, chance for real change "

People are frightened of change because the stories in the media are controlled by those who may loose out from change .

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"It's a shame, chance for real change

People are frightened of change because the stories in the media are controlled by those who may loose out from change . "

agree same woth brexit aswell change is a scary thing to some lol

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"It's a shame, chance for real change

People are frightened of change because the stories in the media are controlled by those who may loose out from change . agree same woth brexit aswell change is a scary thing to some lol"

It certainly is a scary thing when actual evidence points to Brexit being damaging to us.

Why did you have to bring up Brexit, though? We have so many other threads about that. This was a nice change to just talk about the blatant corruption of MPs of all parties.

One job should be enough for him, disgusting greed, and avarice,

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"In fact, no MP should do any other job at all while they're an MP. It's supposedly an important job. They should all focus on it exclusively."
I agree

I agree to, its greedy and corrupt, they use the inside knowledge to get the job, appalling lot

If corbyn had won he was going to shake it all up, but the obsession with brexit ruined it all.

"Sajid Javid now works as a consultant for JPMorgan bank 6 months after quitting as chancellor .

It will be a mega salary and with his inside knowledge how is that allowed to happen.

Do these people even have any morals ?? "

Not surprised really. The tories have no morals.

Grantham

"Sajid Javid now works as a consultant for JPMorgan bank 6 months after quitting as chancellor .

Not surprised really. The tories have no morals. "

Are they the only party riding the gravy train then?

Are they the only party riding the gravy train then? "

So your saying its ok then. If you want to clean up politics, the tories are a good place to start

Manchester

Lord ( I’ll never be a lord ) Prescott get his allowance of £300 a day for signing in to the house. He doesn’t have to stay and can claim first class travel plus overnight accommodation.

Multiply that by 1200 lords and you get a scale of the corruption in the basic allowed cash to claim.

The attendance allowance was halved during Covid as long as they registered on line. Paid for what may I ask?

The people who say other countries around the world are corrupt just have no idea how bad our government and its hangers on are. This added to the fact we’re the biggest tax and money laundering haven in the world should mean we hang our heads in shame.

Grantham

Are they the only party riding the gravy train then?

So your saying its ok then. If you want to clean up politics, the tories are a good place to start"

You either have paid MPs that have no recourse to other income streams, or you don't. I can't see how there is any middle ground on this.

North Bucks

"Lord ( I’ll never be a lord ) Prescott get his allowance of £300 a day for signing in to the house. He doesn’t have to stay and can claim first class travel plus overnight accommodation.

Multiply that by 1200 lords and you get a scale of the corruption in the basic allowed cash to claim.

The attendance allowance was halved during Covid as long as they registered on line. Paid for what may I ask?

The people who say other countries around the world are corrupt just have no idea how bad our government and its hangers on are. This added to the fact we’re the biggest tax and money laundering haven in the world should mean we hang our heads in shame. "

Ah yes two Jags Prescott. A simpler time sigh.

" This added to the fact we’re the biggest tax and money laundering haven in the world should mean we hang our heads in shame. "

Really ,

Bigger than Switzerland ?

My oh my

Thats some statement

" agree same woth brexit aswell change is a scary thing to some lol"

You do realise that Brexit was a hangover from britain joining the EEC dontcha & that small minded brits couldn't come to terms with change & new thinking .

Ahh it seems you werent aware of that then

Manchester

"Lord ( I’ll never be a lord ) Prescott get his allowance of £300 a day for signing in to the house. He doesn’t have to stay and can claim first class travel plus overnight accommodation.

The people who say other countries around the world are corrupt just have no idea how bad our government and its hangers on are. This added to the fact we’re the biggest tax and money laundering haven in the world should mean we hang our heads in shame.

Ah yes two Jags Prescott. A simpler time sigh. "

Manchester

" This added to the fact we’re the biggest tax and money laundering haven in the world should mean we hang our heads in shame.

Really ,

My oh my

Thats some statement "

Why do you think so many Russian Billionaires live in London. It’s not the clean air or the good transport links.

They can register as non domicile and any income they receive isn’t taxed.

The English owner of the daily mail is a registered non domicile. He is English and lives in his Wiltshire stately home.

No corporation tax is paid by the Daily a Mail in the U.K.

Yes that right wing toilet paper which bangs on about get Brexit done is sticking to fingers up at us all.

His father claimed non domicile and french domicile to avoid the Wilson tax robbery.

you trawling ancient news for "what aboutary" defence to defend Javid?

Check this link for in date cover-ups and excuses rolled out by the lorry load then try digging up "what aboutry" you use out of history to defend your tory roll models of moral standards

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/politics/1057605

Prescot was an amateur compared to the machinations of this government, how can you compare the use if 2 jags to the wide ranging dirty shit this government practices?

North Bucks

Check this link for in date cover-ups and excuses rolled out by the lorry load then try digging up "what aboutry" you use out of history to defend your tory roll models of moral standards

"

Calm down before you blow a fuse. Stop insinuating all sorts of things. And read my post.

I’m simply saying two jags was a simpler time compared to today.

Not sure how that has me what abouting

Manchester

I started this used Prescott as an amusing example.

He’s not in the league of today’s corrupt government. It was meant as a lead in to the corruption of Parliament not a vitriol on Prescott.

I took Twisted999’s comment on Prescott as funny and so should you all.

North Bucks

"I started this used Prescott as an amusing example.

He’s not in the league of today’s corrupt government. It was meant as a lead in to the corruption of Parliament not a vitriol on Prescott.

I took Twisted999’s comment on Prescott as funny and so should you all.

"

Calm down before you blow a fuse. Stop insinuating all sorts of things. And read my post.

Not sure how that has me what abouting "

Don't flatter yourself. I thought your comment was amuding too, that's why i started with , if you know what that means.

North Bucks

Don't flatter yourself. I thought your comment was amuding too, that's why i started with , if you know what that means.

"

Not sure what I was flattering myself over. But ok then

Not sure what I was flattering myself over. But ok then "

Thinking you have to tell me to calm down, all your posts are amusing in some way

North Bucks

Not sure what I was flattering myself over. But ok then

Thinking you have to tell me to calm down, all your posts are amusing in some way "

Thank you I aim to please.

liverpool

The people who say other countries around the world are corrupt just have no idea how bad our government and its hangers on are. This added to the fact we’re the biggest tax and money laundering haven in the world should mean we hang our heads in shame. "

Prescot was a hypocrite

Apparently there is no conflict of interest when people whose duty duty it is to regulate entities are also paid by those self same entities.

The Inside Job (Matt Damon) and Saving Capitalism (Robert Reich) show today's governments and corporations for what they are. Organised crime.

liverpool

" This added to the fact we’re the biggest tax and money laundering haven in the world should mean we hang our heads in shame.

Really ,

My oh my

Thats some statement

Why do you think so many Russian Billionaires live in London. It’s not the clean air or the good transport links.

They can register as non domicile and any income they receive isn’t taxed.

The English owner of the daily mail is a registered non domicile. He is English and lives in his Wiltshire stately home.

No corporation tax is paid by the Daily a Mail in the U.K.

Yes that right wing toilet paper which bangs on about get Brexit done is sticking to fingers up at us all.

His father claimed non domicile and french domicile to avoid the Wilson tax robbery.

"

Its just unreal isnt it?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

Prescot was a hypocrite

"

True, but in this instance blaming the individuals for how the system works is pointless. The Lords is a stupid anachronism that should have been modified decades ago.

Even to a degree the original post, the individual is simply doing what he is allowed. One can obviously criticise his judgement in doing so, but it's not against the rules.

It's the rules and the approach to government/parliament that needs to change. The times have changed too fast and our "democracy" (as much as we can call it that, but that's another thread) is actually in danger.

liverpool

Prescot was a hypocrite

True, but in this instance blaming the individuals for how the system works is pointless. The Lords is a stupid anachronism that should have been modified decades ago.

Even to a degree the original post, the individual is simply doing what he is allowed. One can obviously criticise his judgement in doing so, but it's not against the rules.

It's the rules and the approach to government/parliament that needs to change. The times have changed too fast and our "democracy" (as much as we can call it that, but that's another thread) is actually in danger."

I agree it is the system but the individuals cannot he absolved of blame completely.

I suppose if you want to delve deeper the whole structures in our society are in place to benefit the rich and powerful.

Prescot was a hypocrite

It's the rules and the approach to government/parliament that needs to change. The times have changed too fast and our "democracy" (as much as we can call it that, but that's another thread) is actually in danger.

I agree it is the system but the individuals cannot he absolved of blame completely.

I suppose if you want to delve deeper the whole structures in our society are in place to benefit the rich and powerful."

Exactly. The only ones in a position to change the rules are the ones that exploit the rules. Savid Javid isn't breaking the law being an advisor, just worryingly immoral

It's just a club for the rich and elite, at least corbyn dispite is short comings was going to try to level the playing field, starmer is just part of the establishment. The house of Lords should have been got rid of years ago, pity long Bailey did not become Labour leader, she would have given Boris a hard time.

liverpool

The 2 labour mps who were most critical of Corbyn ended ho as lords.

It's a charade.

Grantham

"The 2 labour mps who were most critical of Corbyn ended ho as lords.

It's a charade."

John Mann stitched him up big style!

I take it JC wouldn't accept a peerage if offered?

liverpool

"The 2 labour mps who were most critical of Corbyn ended ho as lords.

It's a charade.

John Mann stitched him up big style!

I take it JC wouldn't accept a peerage if offered? "

The boy has princuples

Unlike kinnock..blair etc

Corbyn is a decent man and a good mp, who actually has genuine principles and cares about ordinary people and their struggles, and as the lowest expenses claim of any mp.I can't see him ever going to the house of Lords, but if they don't get rid of it he should go and contribute. Pity he's not prime minister for a fairer society.

"Corbyn is a decent man and a good mp, who actually has genuine principles and cares about ordinary people and their struggles, and as the lowest expenses claim of any mp.I can't see him ever going to the house of Lords, but if they don't get rid of it he should go and contribute. Pity he's not prime minister for a fairer society. "
. . .

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Always amazes me these people have the time to have other jobs as being an MP is supposed to be a full time job. I would not mind so much if for every pound they earn from second job they loose from their MP salary or its automatically given to charity

"Always amazes me these people have the time to have other jobs as being an MP is supposed to be a full time job. I would not mind so much if for every pound they earn from second job they loose from their MP salary or its automatically given to charity "

I like that idea

liverpool

"Corbyn is a decent man and a good mp, who actually has genuine principles and cares about ordinary people and their struggles, and as the lowest expenses claim of any mp.I can't see him ever going to the house of Lords, but if they don't get rid of it he should go and contribute. Pity he's not prime minister for a fairer society. "

Think you are sadly in The minority.

"It's just a club for the rich and elite, at least corbyn dispite is short comings was going to try to level the playing field, starmer is just part of the establishment. The house of Lords should have been got rid of years ago, pity long Bailey did not become Labour leader, she would have given Boris a hard time. "

Long Bailey has too many links to Corbyn and McCluskey and it would have been easy for the Tories to discredit her. I'm also not certain that she was up to the job, given her lack of judgement over the Twitter affair which got her sacked from the shadow cabinet. She would have been as unelectable as Corbyn.

Starmer is doing just fine. Give him time.

» Add a new message to this topic