FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris humiliated

Boris humiliated

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Did anyone see Boris get humiliated in parliament by Ed Miliband, he looked lost, broken and completely clueless. Even for him, that was embarrassing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Yes

A scolded little SCHOOL BOY .

"Yes

"

Destroyed, he didn’t know where to look and what to say, I nearly felt sorry for him

Essex

"Yes

Destroyed, he didn’t know where to look and what to say, I nearly felt sorry for him "

Ill never feel that bad for him

Milliband played him so well

Even offering to let Boris Answer the Question

That he didnt ask .

No doubt the tories will pass the bill in a vote

But that was just pure parliamentry comedy .

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

This was delightful. Seeing this turkey looking at his feet and shaking his head like a schoolboy sums everything up.

Bristol

"Yes

Destroyed, he didn’t know where to look and what to say, I nearly felt sorry for him "

Anything could happen to this clown, I don’t think I’ll ever feel any empathy for him. I hate everything this imposter represents. A scumbag like no other.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

What did he respond with?

I've only seen the clip of Miliband rinsing him.

Bristol

It’s on the bbc news website. I don’t think he answered anything. He looked like a five year/ old boy being humiliated in front of the whole family.

liverpool

"It’s on the bbc news website. I don’t think he answered anything. He looked like a five year/ old boy being humiliated in front of the whole family. "

Is arrogance on the curriculum at Eton or is it bred into them?

liverpool

Daily Express reporting that ed Miliband 'lost it'

Bristol

"Daily Express reporting that ed Miliband 'lost it'"

I love it when this country is so obsessed with ww2 when we have rags whose propaganda wouldn’t be out of place in 1940 in Germany.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Daily Express reporting that ed Miliband 'lost it'"

Whilst the Express has toned down its racist anti immigration anti Muslim ways it’s still a right wing rag for pensioners who actually believe the drivel it spouts!

Let’s hope it’s lack of investment and crap online presence sees its demise sooner rather than later.

The paper is only suitable for lining a budgerigar cage.

Bristol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QG71rhV9ocI

Bristol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlRnU2aMmA

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Milliband took him to the cleaners, Boris is an embarrassment..

liverpool

"Daily Express reporting that ed Miliband 'lost it'

I love it when this country is so obsessed with ww2 when we have rags whose propaganda wouldn’t be out of place in 1940 in Germany. "

People genuinely believe we have a free press in this country.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Miliband destroyed him. And Johnson just sat there the whole time, looking like a sulky kid who'd been caught out.

They'll still pass the bill, though. Johnson doesn't give a toss about the law. And the Tories are playing along with him.

liverpool

"Miliband destroyed him. And Johnson just sat there the whole time, looking like a sulky kid who'd been caught out."

He didn't even stand up to defend what he had done

No wonder he cant answer simple questions.

"Miliband destroyed him. And Johnson just sat there the whole time, looking like a sulky kid who'd been caught out.

He didn't even stand up to defend what he had done

No wonder he cant answer simple questions. "

Tbh , you can’t expect a man who has just shit himself to stand up

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Did anyone see Boris get humiliated in parliament by Ed Miliband, he looked lost, broken and completely clueless. Even for him, that was embarrassing "

Yep. He got properly shown up; and yet, to what end? The vote to have the right to break international law passed.

That's the real tragedy here; not that our PM is a lying fuckwit, who cares nothing for integrity - it's that so many back him up.

Like him, they are devoid of conscience, devoid of vision and beyond the reach of genuine consequence.

One more thing; if 'No Deal' is going to allow us to "prosper mightily" - then why should anyone believe that the Government is trying to get a deal?

"Did anyone see Boris get humiliated in parliament by Ed Miliband, he looked lost, broken and completely clueless. Even for him, that was embarrassing

Yep. He got properly shown up; and yet, to what end? The vote to have the right to break international law passed.

That's the real tragedy here; not that our PM is a lying fuckwit, who cares nothing for integrity - it's that so many back him up.

Like him, they are devoid of conscience, devoid of vision and beyond the reach of genuine consequence.

One more thing; if 'No Deal' is going to allow us to "prosper mightily" - then why should anyone believe that the Government is trying to get a deal?"

Because... reasons?

Never mind. Somebody will pop up at some point to try and rationalise the whole situation in a torturous way.

Eviscerated!!! That was just beautiful.

"What did he respond with?

I've only seen the clip of Miliband rinsing him."

He sneaked out...

"Eviscerated!!! That was just beautiful. "

And yet... futile. They voted for the bill anyway.

"Eviscerated!!! That was just beautiful.

And yet... futile. They voted for the bill anyway."

Of course they did. But that was fun to watch.

Essex

"Eviscerated!!! That was just beautiful.

And yet... futile. They voted for the bill anyway.

Of course they did. But that was fun to watch.

"

At one point

He looked at Ed as if to say

Did you have to say that

Thats below the belt .

Id lose the next election to see

Johnson humiliated like that every day

Until the next election

liverpool

"Did anyone see Boris get humiliated in parliament by Ed Miliband, he looked lost, broken and completely clueless. Even for him, that was embarrassing

One more thing; if 'No Deal' is going to allow us to "prosper mightily" - then why should anyone believe that the Government is trying to get a deal?"

Does it have to go through the lords?

Ayr

One more thing; if 'No Deal' is going to allow us to "prosper mightily" - then why should anyone believe that the Government is trying to get a deal?

Does it have to go through the lords?"

Yes, it will have to but they can't override it; the HoC is sovereign.

I suppose it's possible (if unlikely) the Lords will try and force force Boris to use the Parliament Act - which would be embarrassing for him too.

Except he doesn't feel embarrassment, of course.

Does it have to go through the lords?

Yes, it will have to but they can't override it; the HoC is sovereign.

I suppose it's possible (if unlikely) the Lords will try and force force Boris to use the Parliament Act - which would be embarrassing for him too.

Except he doesn't feel embarrassment, of course."

Wait... the Commons is sovereign? B-b-but I thought we were struggling to get our sovereignty from the clutches of the evil EU. Well now I don't know what to think or which way is up.

"Miliband destroyed him. And Johnson just sat there the whole time, looking like a sulky kid who'd been caught out."

I thought the "I know you're a details man" line was brilliant.

All to no avail though, sadly.

No-deal here we come. Crispin Odey must be rubbing his hands in glee.

When you see a man slouched on a chair like that you wonder how much self respect he has. He's on national tv and he looks like he's a rebellious teenager at the back of the classroom trying to look cool. All he needs to do is have his shirt hanging out...

Is this our Prime Minister? Has he no dignity whatsoever?

wasnt milliband once the labour leader?

how did he do?

liverpool

"wasnt milliband once the labour leader?

how did he do? "

He was terrible as leader.

how did he do?

He was terrible as leader."

Yes, he was a terrible leader and his bacon butty moment was cringeworthy, but he redeemed himself a little yesterday.

Anyway, labour are finished in Scotland and I'm an SNP supporter, so I don't really care.

how did he do? "

he ate a bacon sandwich which led to the country voting for the tories

liverpool

how did he do?

Yes, he was a terrible leader and his bacon butty moment was cringeworthy, but he redeemed himself a little yesterday.

Anyway, labour are finished in Scotland and I'm an SNP supporter, so I don't really care. "

Shame he didn't show that steel as leader.

how did he do?

Anyway, labour are finished in Scotland and I'm an SNP supporter, so I don't really care.

Shame he didn't show that steel as leader."

Once he stepped down as leader he had more freedom to be himself.

liverpool

how did he do?

"

True.

Dont think he was cut out to be leader.

how did he do?

True.

Dont think he was cut out to be leader."

No, but he did stab his own brother in the back to get the job.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

how did he do?

True.

Dont think he was cut out to be leader.

No, but he did stab his own brother in the back to get the job."

Nice segway back to Boris! He was crap & Milliband took him to the cleaners. Sadly as others have said the Tories will back this crap for as long as they get paid

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Did anyone see Boris get humiliated in parliament by Ed Miliband, he looked lost, broken and completely clueless. Even for him, that was embarrassing "

80 Majority, the PM can perform badly every time when at the dispatch box for the next several years it doesn’t matter the TP can pretty much run a bad government, and nobody can say anything.

80 Majority, the PM can perform badly every time when at the dispatch box for the next several years it doesn’t matter the TP can pretty much run a bad government, and nobody can say anything."

Probably. If Johnson pisses off enough of his own party, though, he's done.

Gloucestershire

80 Majority, the PM can perform badly every time when at the dispatch box for the next several years it doesn’t matter the TP can pretty much run a bad government, and nobody can say anything.

Probably. If Johnson pisses off enough of his own party, though, he's done."

Normally I would agree with that viewpoint. Things are different this time around, with such a majority it has provided a buffer from Tory rebellions and plots to oust him. We need to face the harsh reality he’s here for the long run and again I emphasise this point there is nothing anyone can do about it

Normally I would agree with that viewpoint. Things are different this time around, with such a majority it has provided a buffer from Tory rebellions and plots to oust him. We need to face the harsh reality he’s here for the long run and again I emphasise this point there is nothing anyone can do about it "

I think the Tories might be in for a depressingly long time. Not so sure about Johnson. Even if, as you say, no rebellion forces him out. I think he just can't be bothered with the actual job of being PM. I really wouldn't be surprised if he resigns at the 1st opportunity.

He'd also get loads of money just writing columns + books and being paid for speeches. Easy money for him.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

If Milliband had grown his Ed Balls prior to the Corbyn disaster, he might had been PM.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Does it have to go through the lords?"

Yes, and passed up, this is where it ger stuck..

All laws passed into UK Law have to be accented by the un-elected group of cronies.. sometimes not such a bad thing.

I gather they were trying to change this after numerous embarassing rejections prior to Brexit..

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

If Milliband had grown his Ed Balls prior to the Corbyn disaster, he might had been PM.

"

it's very easy to crtisise from the oposing side

liverpool

"

I dont think so

Normally I would agree with that viewpoint. Things are different this time around, with such a majority it has provided a buffer from Tory rebellions and plots to oust him. We need to face the harsh reality he’s here for the long run and again I emphasise this point there is nothing anyone can do about it "

The tories may be here for a while, they may even win the next election, but a lot depends upon how they handle the fallout from the upcoming no-deal Brexit and whether Labour see any resurgence under Keir Starmer.

Johnson is another matter. His popularity has sunk during this pandemic and is low even among party members. He may have won them the last election, but Thatcher won three and that didn't save her. The Tories are ruthless with their underperforming leaders.

Then there's Johnson himself. Getting to be Prime Minister was his ambition, which he has now achieved, and his place in political history is assured. But he simply hasn't got the temperament or work ethic for the job, and he knows it. He can now make millions on the after dinner circuit, without any of the stress and late nights/early mornings that come with the PMs job. I also suspect that he won't want to be around long enough to take the blame if Brexit does go tits up, and rumours of his planned resignation are already circulating.

He's served his purpose now, won the election and got Brexit done and I will be very surprised if he's still in the job this time next year.

Johnson is a hitman. His job was to get Brexit done. After he has sold us down the river there will be no need for him.

"Johnson is a hitman. His job was to get Brexit done. After he has sold us down the river there will be no need for him."

Normally I would agree with that viewpoint. Things are different this time around, with such a majority it has provided a buffer from Tory rebellions and plots to oust him. We need to face the harsh reality he’s here for the long run and again I emphasise this point there is nothing anyone can do about it

The tories may be here for a while, they may even win the next election, but a lot depends upon how they handle the fallout from the upcoming no-deal Brexit and whether Labour see any resurgence under Keir Starmer.

Johnson is another matter. His popularity has sunk during this pandemic and is low even among party members. He may have won them the last election, but Thatcher won three and that didn't save her. The Tories are ruthless with their underperforming leaders.

Then there's Johnson himself. Getting to be Prime Minister was his ambition, which he has now achieved, and his place in political history is assured. But he simply hasn't got the temperament or work ethic for the job, and he knows it. He can now make millions on the after dinner circuit, without any of the stress and late nights/early mornings that come with the PMs job. I also suspect that he won't want to be around long enough to take the blame if Brexit does go tits up, and rumours of his planned resignation are already circulating.

He's served his purpose now, won the election and got Brexit done and I will be very surprised if he's still in the job this time next year."

Spot on,

Gloucestershire

He's served his purpose now, won the election and got Brexit done and I will be very surprised if he's still in the job this time next year.

Spot on, "

Rumours can be wrong, after all it appears that there is a greater centralisation of power in number 10 which is indicating there will be no resignation.

Popularity is subjective, one day your loved the next day your hated and up and down it goes. The real poll is when an election happens because people will tell you what they actually think. Which happened in December.

Boris will be here for the long run, nobody has the power to stop him and frankly they never will with that majority.

Nobody expected Covid to happen, but it does prove one thing, the electorate are short sighted and have very short memories. So when 2024 happens the TP will win again with Boris.

Spot on,

Rumours can be wrong, after all it appears that there is a greater centralisation of power in number 10 which is indicating there will be no resignation.

Popularity is subjective, one day your loved the next day your hated and up and down it goes. The real poll is when an election happens because people will tell you what they actually think. Which happened in December.

Boris will be here for the long run, nobody has the power to stop him and frankly they never will with that majority.

Nobody expected Covid to happen, but it does prove one thing, the electorate are short sighted and have very short memories. So when 2024 happens the TP will win again with Boris."

No he won’t, he will resign at some point in 2021, probably after the UK get a no deal. He doesn’t get paid enough to be the PM, he will be eager to cash in and make millions

Spot on,

Nobody expected Covid to happen, but it does prove one thing, the electorate are short sighted and have very short memories. So when 2024 happens the TP will win again with Boris.

No he won’t, he will resign at some point in 2021, probably after the UK get a no deal. He doesn’t get paid enough to be the PM, he will be eager to cash in and make millions "

To add to the millions he'll make from his disaster capitalist mates for delivering a no-deal Brexit, and the millions they've already stashed away from the fake contracts for PPE that they set up for themselves.

No-one can predict with 100% certainty what will happen in the next few years. Not even Mystic Meg, and certainly not me, but if things turn bad after Brexit, then Labour will likely take a lead in the polls. Once that happens, Tory MPs will begin to get twitchy and Johnson will be on borrowed time.

If Boris fails to turn that Labour lead around quickly then he will be finished as leader. The Tories do not tolerate poor leadership for long, whoever it is and a large majority won't protect him if he can't keep them loyal. Thatcher had a large majority too, but Michael Heseltine still challenged her and she was out soon after.

Don't forget that changing the leader can't be done quickly, and the Tories will want a new one in place long before the election in 2024. Things could begin to look bad for Johnson before the end of 2021 unless a miracle happens, because Boris is actually a useless PM.

Anyway the above is all supposition and depends upon Johnson wishing to stay on. Personally, I'm still convinced he'll resign before Easter 2021.

Ayr

Spot on,

No he won’t, he will resign at some point in 2021, probably after the UK get a no deal. He doesn’t get paid enough to be the PM, he will be eager to cash in and make millions

To add to the millions he'll make from his disaster capitalist mates for delivering a no-deal Brexit, and the millions they've already stashed away from the fake contracts for PPE that they set up for themselves.

No-one can predict with 100% certainty what will happen in the next few years. Not even Mystic Meg, and certainly not me, but if things turn bad after Brexit, then Labour will likely take a lead in the polls. Once that happens, Tory MPs will begin to get twitchy and Johnson will be on borrowed time.

If Boris fails to turn that Labour lead around quickly then he will be finished as leader. The Tories do not tolerate poor leadership for long, whoever it is and a large majority won't protect him if he can't keep them loyal. Thatcher had a large majority too, but Michael Heseltine still challenged her and she was out soon after.

Don't forget that changing the leader can't be done quickly, and the Tories will want a new one in place long before the election in 2024. Things could begin to look bad for Johnson before the end of 2021 unless a miracle happens, because Boris is actually a useless PM.

Anyway the above is all supposition and depends upon Johnson wishing to stay on. Personally, I'm still convinced he'll resign before Easter 2021."

Given what Joe Biden's just had to say, it'll be interesting to see how Boris reacts.

If Joe actually gets the Presidency- by no means certain - that's going to be very inconvenient for the Tories.

Gloucestershire

Spot on,

Anyway the above is all supposition and depends upon Johnson wishing to stay on. Personally, I'm still convinced he'll resign before Easter 2021.

Given what Joe Biden's just had to say, it'll be interesting to see how Boris reacts.

If Joe actually gets the Presidency- by no means certain - that's going to be very inconvenient for the Tories."

I am unconvinced at the moment, there are too many people who still support the TP, even more support boris,even after the things that have happened. It is harder to convince anyone to shift their position when it comes to who they vote for.

That is how the TP have been successful in holding on to power for so long, far longer than they deserve. People believe the stories about their opponents and run to keep them power.

Spot on,

If Joe actually gets the Presidency- by no means certain - that's going to be very inconvenient for the Tories.

I am unconvinced at the moment, there are too many people who still support the TP, even more support boris,even after the things that have happened. It is harder to convince anyone to shift their position when it comes to who they vote for.

That is how the TP have been successful in holding on to power for so long, far longer than they deserve. People believe the stories about their opponents and run to keep them power.

Virtually no-one supports Johnson now. His approval rating is laughably low. It slumped after the Cummings affair and has been falling ever since. Even the Daily Mail were calling him out a few weeks ago. There's no need to take my word for it either. Look up his approval rating if you wish.

"

Gloucestershire

Spot on,

Virtually no-one supports Johnson now. His approval rating is laughably low. It slumped after the Cummings affair and has been falling ever since. Even the Daily Mail were calling him out a few weeks ago. There's no need to take my word for it either. Look up his approval rating if you wish.

"

polls go up, polls go down, most voters are very forgiving, and will overlook most things which many on the opposite side would be screaming about. Even going so far to defend the actions their chosen party.

Just because someone is doing badly now, doesnt necessarily mean it will reflect in a GE where the future direction of the country is on the table.

That is the only poll what counts, who runs this country, and clearly Boris and his party are the choice of millions of voters.

How many times have they said its going to happen and it never occurs, so I don’t pay heed to what intrim poll say anymore, they deal with what if’s, not actual results of who will actually.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

Spot on,

polls go up, polls go down, most voters are very forgiving, and will overlook most things which many on the opposite side would be screaming about. Even going so far to defend the actions their chosen party.

Just because someone is doing badly now, doesnt necessarily mean it will reflect in a GE where the future direction of the country is on the table.

That is the only poll what counts, who runs this country, and clearly Boris and his party are the choice of millions of voters.

How many times have they said its going to happen and it never occurs, so I don’t pay heed to what intrim poll say anymore, they deal with what if’s, not actual results of who will actually."

Voters weren't very forgiving when Gordon brown was captured referring to a bigoted old woman as a bigot..

Boris Johnson trashes the country , lies etc but his voters stick with him...

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Spot on,

How many times have they said its going to happen and it never occurs, so I don’t pay heed to what intrim poll say anymore, they deal with what if’s, not actual results of who will actually.

Voters weren't very forgiving when Gordon brown was captured referring to a bigoted old woman as a bigot..

Boris Johnson trashes the country , lies etc but his voters stick with him..."

English voters have a soft spot for a posh accent.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Spot on,

Boris Johnson trashes the country , lies etc but his voters stick with him...

English voters have a soft spot for a posh accent."

we prefer local accents in the north lol

Spot on,

How many times have they said its going to happen and it never occurs, so I don’t pay heed to what intrim poll say anymore, they deal with what if’s, not actual results of who will actually."

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine, and of course you're right, polls do go up and down. Polls however are influenced by events, and for Johnson's approval rating to go up he needs some good news, and unfortunately for him, there isn't much good news appearing on the horizon. The opposite in fact, and the back bench Tories are already getting restless.

We'll find out soon enough whether Johnson survives the fallout from Covid and Brexit, if he even wishes to, but unless anything dramatic happens in his favour, I'm sticking with my prediction that he'll be gone by this time next year.

As for the Tory party winning the next election? Impossible for anyone to predict at the moment, but whether they do or don't, I doubt if Boris Johnson will still be PM in 2024.

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

Spot on,

I read the telegraph online, and going by the comments underneath their articles I would say people are definitely switching off- he’s really pissed people off with his handling of the virus... it will be interesting to see how long their memories are come the next GE though. I personally think they would still vote for him if it meant keeping labour out.

Gloucestershire

Spot on,

Yeah that’s the “outrage about anything labour do” method, if it’s labour then it’s an outrage, if it’s the TP then it’s ok, because we all know they are like that already. It’s been very effective for the past several years. Bedroom tax? It’s ok because it’s the TP, if the LP were to do that it would be moral outrage “making old and sick people pay for an extra room” there would have been a campaign by the DM to stop it.

I still stick by view this all will blow over For Boris this year will disappear and his base with continue to support him just like the rest of the north which handed him the win in December.

» Add a new message to this topic