FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > US Election thread... part 1 of...

US Election thread... part 1 of...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

to save the million trump threads we have... and because the election is only 7 weeks out.. i thought it would be wise/easier to put everything and thoughts in one thread....

play nice!!!! ish!!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Newcastle and Gateshead

i'll start.... the trump town hall on ABC last night (abc news have put the entire thing on youtube to their credit)

that was a wreck! you might as well of called it "donalds 90 minute shower of shit!"

this is what happens when trump is let of his foxs news safety bubble and has to encounter real people!

if this was his prep for the debate in 2 weeks time, he is in a whole world of trouble!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"to save the million trump threads we have... and because the election is only 7 weeks out.. i thought it would be wise/easier to put everything and thoughts in one thread....

play nice!!!! ish!!!! "

I'm still pretty certain that trump will get another 4 years in office.

However i do have my 20 pounds ready to go to your charity if I'm wrong mr _abio.

Guess we will find out in 7 weeks.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Are you relying on Biden to go out and win or on Trump to lose this election?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Are you relying on Biden to go out and win or on Trump to lose this election? "

Biden's best bet is to avoid the press and point out that he's not Trump.

It worked for Boris, over here; hide in a fridge / I'm not Corbyn.

It might work for Joe. Although, in the UK, people were voting for something - to make Brexit happen. In the USA, they'll be voting against something - four more years of Trump.

It's hard to say if that will be enough; especially since Republicans with the ability to do so, make it as difficult for people seen as unlikely to vote for them, to even register to vote.

Ayr

These radio programmes are worth listening to, regarding democracy in the USA:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000l8dw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02f9r77

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000mchx

"Are you relying on Biden to go out and win or on Trump to lose this election? "

Reminds me of their previous election.

Trumps strongest point was he wasn't Hilary. (Crooked Hilary)

Hilary's only point was that she wasn't Trump.

Just seeing the same now. Biden's only strength is he isn't Trump.

Trump focusing on "Sleepy Joe" and him being a stalking horse for extreme liberal left.

Yet to see any positive reasons to vote for either....

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Are you relying on Biden to go out and win or on Trump to lose this election?

Trump focusing on "Sleepy Joe" and him being a stalking horse for extreme liberal left.

Yet to see any positive reasons to vote for either...."

I'm not sure extreme liberal left is a thing?

By *ice__blokeMan  over a year ago

redcar

_abio i will watch that town hall trump did on you tube - was it that bad ? ?

The coming Election - Start the list of things trump has done that are wrong and sets Biden way above him as a descent kinda guy.

Wrong things trump has done or does wrong.

1. Covid - saying he would make it disappear / go away - from 20 deaths to Zero.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

Yet to see any positive reasons to vote for either....

I'm not sure extreme liberal left is a thing?

"

lol

Yes, aren't extreme and liberal sort of the opposite (based on dictionary definitions)?

However, maybe in the US. I think they saw David Cameron as dangerously left leaning!

redcar

Being honest and genuinely representing the people that elected you is what the people want.

Trump has failed at every layer of this big round onion.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Trump will still as Biden is clueless and about as inspiring as a wet fish

redcar

Emmablu

Biden is what - a fish ??? ok .......

redcar

Fish are very inspiring actually - create calm and amazing how they grace through the water, have you ever seen salmon leap ? !

It is awe inspiring

"Fish are very inspiring actually - create calm and amazing how they grace through the water, have you ever seen salmon leap ? !

It is awe inspiring "

And Biden could play up to the fish thing, too. He could say good things come to those who bait!

redcar

"Fish are very inspiring actually - create calm and amazing how they grace through the water, have you ever seen salmon leap ? !

It is awe inspiring

And Biden could play up to the fish thing, too. He could say good things come to those who bait! "

HAHA lol

That is good.. yeh a graceful old rainbow trout - replacing the slippery eel

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I always find it staggering that in the UK people start being obsessed with the American election a year before it takes place and hardly give a toss about what happens in neighbouring countries like Germany, Spain, France etc...

The right wing media have done a great job with discrediting the EU and cause Brexit but they are also doing a great job at overloading us with anything that is American. Seriously, when I see the pathetic and shallow presidential elections and campaigns in the US, I can’t help wondering why we give so much of a toss. No wonder that we now a similar clown to Trump at the helm.

It reminds me of what I heard or read in France Ia long time ago in France: when the American president farts, it smells in the U.K.’. I think it nails it perfectly.

"I always find it staggering that in the UK people start being obsessed with the American election a year before it takes place and hardly give a toss about what happens in neighbouring countries like Germany, Spain, France etc...

The right wing media have done a great job with discrediting the EU and cause Brexit but they are also doing a great job at overloading us with anything that is American. Seriously, when I see the pathetic and shallow presidential elections and campaigns in the US, I can’t help wondering why we give so much of a toss. No wonder that we now a similar clown to Trump at the helm.

It reminds me of what I heard or read in France Ia long time ago in France: when the American president farts, it smells in the U.K.’. I think it nails it perfectly.

"

I wouldn't say I was obsessed, but as the US is an enormous force for both good and bad in the world I certainly take an interest in what's going on there.

In the present circumstances, it's more relevant than ever to know what we are going to be dealing with in the US.

Plus, I work for an American owned company, it's useful to be able to talk sensibly about this sort of thing.

It's a valid point that most of us don't pay enough attention to elections in Europe, though.

"It's a valid point that most of us don't pay enough attention to elections in Europe, though.

"

This is true. I take an interest, but I think I would be pushed to name many more than 1/2 a dozen PMs (or equivalent) amongst the 26 EU countries.

Which now I have actually focused on it is a bit embarrassing.

Bristol

"I always find it staggering that in the UK people start being obsessed with the American election a year before it takes place and hardly give a toss about what happens in neighbouring countries like Germany, Spain, France etc...

I wouldn't say I was obsessed, but as the US is an enormous force for both good and bad in the world I certainly take an interest in what's going on there.

In the present circumstances, it's more relevant than ever to know what we are going to be dealing with in the US.

Plus, I work for an American owned company, it's useful to be able to talk sensibly about this sort of thing."

It is certainly more important in the current circumstances, I agree but the whole thing is overhyped. Why do we need to worry about it so long before it happens when a trump doesn’t even have a manifesto and has only one mantra: Sleepy Joe...

If at least there was a debate of ideas but its not the case. I’m not even sure that the word ‘shallow’ is harsh enough to describe the pantomimes that American elections are.

What is sure is that we are learning quickly and our elections are getting more and more similar to theirs.

Bristol

"It's a valid point that most of us don't pay enough attention to elections in Europe, though.

This is true. I take an interest, but I think I would be pushed to name many more than 1/2 a dozen PMs (or equivalent) amongst the 26 EU countries.

Which now I have actually focused on it is a bit embarrassing."

Half a dozen is probably more than what most Brits could do. And the same goes with the EU institutions. The vast majority didn’t have a clue about them before the referendum. These people are easy to fool and manipulate.

If instead of cheesing us off with the US constantly, German or Italian news were covered more thoroughly, this country would probably a bit more europhile, less obsessed with the US and less ignorant about its neighbours.

Bristol

Just to finish my previous point, when before brexit did you ever see a session or a piece on a news bulletin showing you debates in the European Parliament?

Apart from seeing Farage spitting his vile insults, I can’t remember seeing anything on the telly showing me what really happens in Brussels or Strasbourg.

However every evening, I see the bloody White House and the clown who lives in it appear on my tv screen.

"Just to finish my previous point, when before brexit did you ever see a session or a piece on a news bulletin showing you debates in the European Parliament?

Apart from seeing Farage spitting his vile insults, I can’t remember seeing anything on the telly showing me what really happens in Brussels or Strasbourg.

However every evening, I see the bloody White House and the clown who lives in it appear on my tv screen. "

Another valid point.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"

I'm not that interested in following the US election though parts can be entertaining at times. I do take notice of the outcome as what happens there has an impact on the world

Newcastle and Gateshead

thats a good question......

the way i would answer it is this... Biden would have to go out and win it more if trump didn't keep exploding and stepping over his own message!

trumps message of fear might work when he is the challenger... but its harder to say "fear" when people have seen what the last four years of your presidency is like

redcar

We are inextricably joined to what the U.S does Globally, politcally, Militarily, financialy / stock markets.

Its called the western world.

So When you have clown or clowns - running the show - it does matter......

Bristol

"We are inextricably joined to what the U.S does Globally, politcally, Militarily, financialy / stock markets.

Its called the western world.

So When you have clown or clowns - running the show - it does matter......"

We are inextricably joined to what the US do. You’re right. But so are we or were we to our neighbours’ actions internal politics.

I’m not sure that showing every press conference of Trump on Covid as the BBC did a few months ago is life changing for the U.K. the Bleach thing and all his stupid comments on wild fires etc... I personally couldn’t care less about them and it’s in the news every night.

But obviously I assume it’s easier to fill the news with shite in English than have proper foreign correspondents in Italy, France showing us news or interviewing people whose mother tongue is not English...

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

The Harris administration (and shes already been rejected) by not getting to 1% in her presidential run. Her running VP has age related dementia and other mental impairments.

I think over 100 days of peaceful leftist violence and over 50 dead may swing a few votes.

If Trump wins the left will burn America to the ground encouraged by the disgusting media

If the Harris administration wins then the left will burn America to the ground encouraged by the disgusting media

"The Harris administration (and shes already been rejected) by not getting to 1% in her presidential run. Her running VP has age related dementia and other mental impairments.

I think over 100 days of peaceful leftist violence and over 50 dead may swing a few votes.

If Trump wins the left will burn America to the ground encouraged by the disgusting media

If the Harris administration wins then the left will burn America to the ground encouraged by the disgusting media

"

Well that is an awful lot of burning to the ground, isn't it? Good job things are so much more stable right now under Trump.

redcar

X coupl

what a load of tosh

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"X coupl

what a load of tosh "

Do you think Biden is well?

"X coupl

what a load of tosh

"

Ahhhh you're drawing us to the old who's madder debate.

Trump's madder. There you go. Question answered.

Bristol

The last few messages illustrate perfectly the high standard of the campaign in America...

"The last few messages illustrate perfectly the high standard of the campaign in America... "

Hey, when they go low, you might as well play along and see how ridiculous things get.

North Bucks

"X coupl

what a load of tosh

Trump's madder. There you go. Question answered."

(We know about Trump)

North Bucks

"The last few messages illustrate perfectly the high standard of the campaign in America... "

It’s incredible to watch. Two past it old men with no discernible qualities each with ugly past behaviours that people are willing to overlook.

"X coupl

what a load of tosh

Trump's madder. There you go. Question answered.

(We know about Trump) "

Is Biden well? Dunno.

Biden's said dumb things at times . He's either a guy who says dumb things at times, as we all do. Or he's mentally ill in some sense.

Lacking the amazing intellect of Dr Trump, it's sometimes hard for me to judge.

North Bucks

"Lacking the amazing intellect of Dr Trump, it's sometimes hard for me to judge."

He’s a “stable genius” you know.

"Lacking the amazing intellect of Dr Trump, it's sometimes hard for me to judge.

He’s a “stable genius” you know. "

Maybe he just meant he was a genius compared to horses.

Then again... even that's a bit too much for him to claim.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The Harris administration (and shes already been rejected) by not getting to 1% in her presidential run. Her running VP has age related dementia and other mental impairments. "

at what "age" does that kick in... just asking because biden is only 2.5 years only than trump!

so what you are then basically saying is that Trump would be in the same position halfway thru his 2nd term if election....

"I think over 100 days of peaceful leftist violence and over 50 dead may swing a few votes."

erm... yeah... i think i'd like a link for that... unless you are also including the killing that kyle rittenhouse made and the ones by the police that incited all of this (george floyd, ahmad aubrey, breoanna taylor, elijah mcclean, Jacob blake)

"If Trump wins the left will burn America to the ground encouraged by the disgusting media"

okay... now you made me laugh.. thats one straight out of "state media" (fox news) so who have you been watching? was it carlson,ingraham or hannity?

"If the Harris administration wins then the left will burn America to the ground encouraged by the disgusting media

"

are you suffering from the same dementia trump diplays....

more chance for trump doing something desperate like trying to impose martial law.... because he knows if he loses he will go to jail!

North Bucks

"The Harris administration (and shes already been rejected) by not getting to 1% in her presidential run. Her running VP has age related dementia and other mental impairments.

at what "age" does that kick in... just asking because biden is only 2.5 years only than trump!

so what you are then basically saying is that Trump would be in the same position halfway thru his 2nd term if election....

erm... yeah... i think i'd like a link for that... unless you are also including the killing that kyle rittenhouse made and the ones by the police that incited all of this (george floyd, ahmad aubrey, breoanna taylor, elijah mcclean, Jacob blake)

okay... now you made me laugh.. thats one straight out of "state media" (fox news) so who have you been watching? was it carlson,ingraham or hannity?

more chance for trump doing something desperate like trying to impose martial law.... because he knows if he loses he will go to jail!"

Are you happy with his past?

(Yes I know Trump is mad and has a disgusting past and present)

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Do you think Biden is well? "

More well than trump... I think joe see's his place as gatekeeper/bridging post to the next generation, i dont see biden being more than a 1 term president, but if he went as mad as i think trump is... i don't think biden would try to hold on with every waking breath as trump is doing!

"

Are you happy with his past? "

not all of it... he did some very heavy lifting for obama when he was veep! do i like the fact he ended up playing a big role in the crime bill... not really!

do i like the way his committee treated anita hill in the clarence thomas SCOTUS process... nope!

has he done more good than bad... yep!

has he done more good than bad than trump would every do... yep!

"

(Yes I know Trump is mad and has a disgusting past and present) "

nice of someone to admit that... so why would someone vote for trump knowing he's sexist, racist and probably a criminal

North Bucks

"

More well than trump... I think joe see's his place as gatekeeper/bridging post to the next generation, i dont see biden being more than a 1 term president, but if he went as mad as i think trump is... i don't think biden would try to hold on with every waking breath as trump is doing!

Are you happy with his past?

not all of it... he did some very heavy lifting for obama when he was veep! do i like the fact he ended up playing a big role in the crime bill... not really!

do i like the way his committee treated anita hill in the clarence thomas SCOTUS process... nope!

has he done more good than bad... yep!

has he done more good than bad than trump would every do... yep!

(Yes I know Trump is mad and has a disgusting past and present)

nice of someone to admit that... so why would someone vote for trump knowing he's sexist, racist and probably a criminal "

Thanks for the straight answer.

No idea who would vote for either of them to be honest they are both stale and disgusting in their own way.

It’s not progression.

Grantham

thats a good question......

the way i would answer it is this... Biden would have to go out and win it more if trump didn't keep exploding and stepping over his own message!

trumps message of fear might work when he is the challenger... but its harder to say "fear" when people have seen what the last four years of your presidency is like"

Thats a fair answer, although I can only see this spiralling into a "negative" campaign. Its not going to be pretty, thats for sure!

redcar

The stand out from this is all the presidents men - campaign men / campaign staff / chief architects have been throw in jail - he surrounds himself with similar mind sets.

Fabio explain all that have been thrown in jail etc please......

His main man talked with the russians, is in jail now.

Trump is tax dodging crook having not paid taxes for 10 years- Lock him up

Trump will get 325 electoral college votes and a near 50/50 spilt in the popular vote.

The floating voters will go with trump over biden, Blacks won't turn up for him and neither will women.

Plus he's quite clearly suffering from dementia and everybody can see it, his campaign team are doing there best but you can't hide him away forever.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

more chance for trump doing something desperate like trying to impose martial law.... because he knows if he loses he will go to jail!"

You are absolutely blinded. Sadly you have been watching far too much CNN and the truth is too far from reality.

Enjoy your echo chamber and the guaranteed leftist violence and intolerance thats sweeping not only America but also growing around Europe.

Heres my prediction in any case

Trump will win in a landslide on election day, however when the they start counting up the mail in votes then magically 2 weeks later the harris administration will win ... in a landslide.

What are you going to talk about when orange man bad has left the building?

redcar

"Trump will get 325 electoral college votes and a near 50/50 spilt in the popular vote.

The floating voters will go with trump over biden, Blacks won't turn up for him and neither will women.

Plus he's quite clearly suffering from dementia and everybody can see it, his campaign team are doing there best but you can't hide him away forever."

What a load of tosh - saying blacks wont turn up - total bullshit......

Black people and people of all different ethnicity can not stand him - for what he is.

He is - what you stand on , when uve not seen a dog turd infront of you

"Trump will get 325 electoral college votes and a near 50/50 spilt in the popular vote.

Plus he's quite clearly suffering from dementia and everybody can see it, his campaign team are doing there best but you can't hide him away forever.

Black people and people of all different ethnicity can not stand him - for what he is.

"

It's my opinion that's he's not as well regarded amongst Blacks or women, therefore I don't think they'll turn out for him in sufficient numbers.

325 for trump is my conservative estimate

redcar

Trump will be drowned by a huge huge wave - death by intelligent voters

"Trump will be drowned by a huge huge wave - death by intelligent voters"

Anything is possible

I just wouldn't put my own money on it

By *heBeginnersCouple  over a year ago

West London

"Trump will be drowned by a huge huge wave - death by intelligent voters"

Are you all right? All the threads about Trump is filled with your vast amount of posts.It looks like you are too obsessed with him, maybe take a chill pill?

Newcastle and Gateshead

more chance for trump doing something desperate like trying to impose martial law.... because he knows if he loses he will go to jail!

You are absolutely blinded. Sadly you have been watching far too much CNN and the truth is too far from reality.

Enjoy your echo chamber and the guaranteed leftist violence and intolerance thats sweeping not only America but also growing around Europe.

Heres my prediction in any case

Trump will win in a landslide on election day, however when the they start counting up the mail in votes then magically 2 weeks later the harris administration will win ... in a landslide.

What are you going to talk about when orange man bad has left the building?

"

If you really.... really... really think trump will in a landslide.... care to put some money where your mouth is?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Plus he's quite clearly suffering from dementia and everybody can see it, his campaign team are doing there best but you can't hide him away forever."

Actually if you know elections then it is women who tend to turn up more than men......

Biden is up 20 on trump with women

Why would women stay home when they have the most sexist president, adulterer and sexual abuser and a party who wants greater control of their bodies!

Newcastle and Gateshead

It's my opinion that's he's not as well regarded amongst Blacks or women, therefore I don't think they'll turn out for him in sufficient numbers.

325 for trump is my conservative estimate "

If you really think 325... I’ll offer you the same challenge... care to put some money on it... let’s see how much conviction you really have

upton wirral

"It's a valid point that most of us don't pay enough attention to elections in Europe, though."

Newcastle and Gateshead

Why do they always go quiet when you offer the trumpist a bet..... talk the talk but no so much conviction...

Anyway.... Biden’s turn to have a town hall last night..... the difference between trumps and bidens was like chalk and cheese... and not in a good way for trump!

The more trump fans lower the expectations for Biden, the more Biden wins..... and when Biden crushes it like last night the more it makes people look at the mental capabilities of trump! And I don’t think that is where they want to be playing.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

At least Biden will try to be a good president, not like dumb donny drumpf, his true family name, which isn't trump by the way.

Biden might be a bit slow minded because of his age, but at least his mind isn't running in reverse like dumb donny drumpf . His mind has never worked properly and it shows every time he opens his mouth, or makes a tweet !

By *heBeginnersCouple  over a year ago

West London

"Why do they always go quiet when you offer the trumpist a bet..... talk the talk but no so much conviction...

Anyway.... Biden’s turn to have a town hall last night..... the difference between trumps and bidens was like chalk and cheese... and not in a good way for trump!

The more trump fans lower the expectations for Biden, the more Biden wins..... and when Biden crushes it like last night the more it makes people look at the mental capabilities of trump! And I don’t think that is where they want to be playing."

You dont get it? Centre ground people are not that interested in politics to start betting on that.

Only chance for Trump to win is because of Antifa and BLM. Normal people look at the crazy left and think ''fuck that, even Trump looks less retarded''

325 for trump is my conservative estimate

If you really think 325... I’ll offer you the same challenge... care to put some money on it... let’s see how much conviction you really have "

Sorry I'm not really a betting man but yes I really think 325+ is realistic for trump, I don't really follow polls for these things as I think they don't give a true picture, had it been a better candidate for the Dems and less left winging looting and rioting my guess would have been the other way round but the reality is ordinary folk look at the far left with there revolutionary chants of acab, pigs in blankets fry them like bacon, carrying Communist flags, barricading police station exits while setting fire to them,defunding the police, attacks on the nuclear family and capitalism and quite rightly think, fuck that's the Dems base, what will they hand over to the mob to quell them?.

When I was there working I got the feeling trump was much more supported than polls would indicate.

"Why do they always go quiet when you offer the trumpist a bet..... talk the talk but no so much conviction...

The more trump fans lower the expectations for Biden, the more Biden wins..... and when Biden crushes it like last night the more it makes people look at the mental capabilities of trump! And I don’t think that is where they want to be playing."

It was very much set up for him with easy questions and no push back from the questioner, very much an echo chamber.

I doubt his team will pitch him against trump in a head to head because he's just not up to quick fire spontaneous debate and his obvious dementia will shine thru.

redcar

[Removed by poster at 20/09/20 13:08:14]

redcar

It / Trump has beaten himself - every time he goes on tv he shows himself up for what he is a total con job & a virtual reality excuse of a diplomat & politician

And Biden has dementia ??? dementia is a very serious illness not to be mocked about - it shows what a piece of shit trump is.. it was trump that foolishly took the dementia test - picking out schoolyard animals - and acing it LOL

The only test he had - was paying other people crookedly doing it for him & dodging the draft ???

"It / Trump has beaten himself - every time he goes on tv he shows himself up for what he is a total con job & a virtual reality excuse of a diplomat & politician

And Biden has dementia ??? dementia is a very serious illness not to be mocked about - it shows what a piece of shit trump is.. it was trump that foolishly took the dementia test - picking out schoolyard animals - and acing it LOL

The only test he had - was paying other people crookedly doing it for him & dodging the draft ???"

More deranged ramblings!

You criticise trump for mocking Bidens dementia then mock trump for having dementia. So what a piece of shit you must be.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

You criticise trump for mocking Bidens dementia then mock trump for having dementia. So what a piece of shit you must be."

to be fair Biden wasn't the one in his town hall talking about "herd mentality".....

but hey... trump did ace his cognitive test!

Person, woman, man, camera, TV....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Sorry I'm not really a betting man but yes I really think 325+ is realistic for trump, I don't really follow polls for these things as I think they don't give a true picture, had it been a better candidate for the Dems and less left winging looting and rioting my guess would have been the other way round but the reality is ordinary folk look at the far left with there revolutionary chants of acab, pigs in blankets fry them like bacon, carrying Communist flags, barricading police station exits while setting fire to them,defunding the police, attacks on the nuclear family and capitalism and quite rightly think, fuck that's the Dems base, what will they hand over to the mob to quell them?.

When I was there working I got the feeling trump was much more supported than polls would indicate.

"

oh dear.... dear.... dear sandman,

since he won 304 last time, and this time you are saying he is going to win 325+, I am assuming that you have looked at the map of states that he won last time before you bluerted, sorry, scratch that, before you made such a statement...

so would you care to tell me which states he is winning in 20 that he didn't win in 16 to reach that 325 figure? I'm all ears.....

see... if you are really that assured he will reach 325, we can come up with a bet and it doesn't have to involved money... I just wanted to see if you were a man of your convictions, or whether you were just "flapping your gums"......

"

You criticise trump for mocking Bidens dementia then mock trump for having dementia. So what a piece of shit you must be.

to be fair Biden wasn't the one in his town hall talking about "herd mentality".....

but hey... trump did ace his cognitive test!

Person, woman, man, camera, TV.... "

Lol no you’re right, but didn’t one of Bidens answers involve chicken shit

"

since he won 304 last time, and this time you are saying he is going to win 325+, I am assuming that you have looked at the map of states that he won last time before you bluerted, sorry, scratch that, before you made such a statement...

so would you care to tell me which states he is winning in 20 that he didn't win in 16 to reach that 325 figure? I'm all ears.....

see... if you are really that assured he will reach 325, we can come up with a bet and it doesn't have to involved money... I just wanted to see if you were a man of your convictions, or whether you were just "flapping your gums"......"

I know you like polls Fabio, the ones I’ve seen from Rasmussen are painting a very different picture from the one you’re giving us. They have trump at a53% approval rating right now, a full 4points above Obama going into the 2012 election.

[Removed by poster at 20/09/20 14:21:59]

redcar

[Removed by poster at 20/09/20 14:33:24]

The more trump fans lower the expectations for Biden, the more Biden wins..... and when Biden crushes it like last night the more it makes people look at the mental capabilities of trump! And I don’t think that is where they want to be playing.

You dont get it? Centre ground people are not that interested in politics to start betting on that.

Only chance for Trump to win is because of Antifa and BLM. Normal people look at the crazy left and think ''fuck that, even Trump looks less retarded''"

i agree with this.with violent crimes up massively like new york where its up by around 150% and 60+ shootings over one weekend in chicago.people are also moving out of places like new york and california because they no longer feel safe then this could swing things in trumps favour.even don lemon the democrats very own news man on cnn has realised that the democrats have to further themselves from their association with the violent mob

redcar

"It / Trump has beaten himself - every time he goes on tv he shows himself up for what he is a total con job & a virtual reality excuse of a diplomat & politician

The only test he had - was paying other people crookedly doing it for him & dodging the draft ???

More deranged ramblings!

You criticise trump for mocking Bidens dementia then mock trump for having dementia. So what a piece of shit you must be."

Sarah tut tut you dont bad mouth forum members - trump is a piece of dog shit as is everything he stands for ......

redcar

Sarah Did i get that right - you called me a piece of shit wow .. the claws are out......

More deranged ramblings!

Sarah tut tut you dont bad mouth forum members - trump is a piece of dog shit as is everything he stands for ......"

Sorry if following your logic equates to me bad mouthing you

"

see... if you are really that assured he will reach 325, we can come up with a bet and it doesn't have to involved money... I just wanted to see if you were a man of your convictions, or whether you were just "flapping your gums"......"

I think the swing States for me are Nevada New Mexico New Hampshire North Carolina Florida Ohio Michigan Minnesota and Wisconsin and he'll win them all, I rather like primary predictor model over polling and it's indicated a 93% victory for trump with a 365 total.

I don't think it'll that far off the mark come November.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I think the swing States for me are Nevada New Mexico New Hampshire North Carolina Florida Ohio Michigan Minnesota and Wisconsin and he'll win them all, I rather like primary predictor model over polling and it's indicated a 93% victory for trump with a 365 total.

"

i'm a generous man.....

I'll give you ohio.... florida will be interesting and super super close either way!

he will not win any of the other states you mention......

"

see... if you are really that assured he will reach 325, we can come up with a bet and it doesn't have to involved money... I just wanted to see if you were a man of your convictions, or whether you were just "flapping your gums"......

I know you like polls Fabio, the ones I’ve seen from Rasmussen are painting a very different picture from the one you’re giving us. They have trump at a53% approval rating right now, a full 4points above Obama going into the 2012 election."

From Wikipedia:

In 2018, Rasmussen Reports predicted that Republicans would win the generic ballot by 1 percentage point while the actual election results had Democrats winning by nearly 9 percentage points. This error of nearly 10 percentage points was the largest polling error out of major firms who polled the national generic ballot.[80] Rasmussen pushed back against critics after their miss, claiming that "the midterm result was relatively poor for Democrats compared to other midterms" despite the Democrats having scored a historic margin[81] in the popular vote. Rasmussen has not articulated any significant changes to their methodology after their significant miss in 2018.

Rasmussen aren't particularly well rated Sarah, and are known for inflating Republican ratings, so I wouldn't put too much faith in them.

"

I know you like polls Fabio, the ones I’ve seen from Rasmussen are painting a very different picture from the one you’re giving us. They have trump at a53% approval rating right now, a full 4points above Obama going into the 2012 election.

From Wikipedia:

In 2018, Rasmussen Reports predicted that Republicans would win the generic ballot by 1 percentage point while the actual election results had Democrats winning by nearly 9 percentage points. This error of nearly 10 percentage points was the largest polling error out of major firms who polled the national generic ballot.[80] Rasmussen pushed back against critics after their miss, claiming that "the midterm result was relatively poor for Democrats compared to other midterms" despite the Democrats having scored a historic margin[81] in the popular vote. Rasmussen has not articulated any significant changes to their methodology after their significant miss in 2018.

Rasmussen aren't particularly well rated Sarah, and are known for inflating Republican ratings, so I wouldn't put too much faith in them.

"

Personally I don’t put any faith in them. Most of the 2016 polls had Hillary winning comfortably. I was just highlighting that it’s not as clear cut as Fabio would have us believe.

upton wirral

"i'll start.... the trump town hall on ABC last night (abc news have put the entire thing on youtube to their credit)

that was a wreck! you might as well of called it "donalds 90 minute shower of shit!"

this is what happens when trump is let of his foxs news safety bubble and has to encounter real people!

if this was his prep for the debate in 2 weeks time, he is in a whole world of trouble!"

Not him just the rest of the world lol

"

i'm a generous man.....

I'll give you ohio.... florida will be interesting and super super close either way!

he will not win any of the other states you mention......"

I actually like the method used in the northop system but it's not infallible, my own personal experience which in reality is hopeless in these things was that I didn't hear anybody on the ground that had anything good to say about biden but plenty that quietly wanted trump, I don't know, I'm not really an expert in this field, I'm looking at other countries and everybody is heading right I don't see any left gains anywhere but my gut is trump by a fair margin to a landslide.

redcar

The U.S voting system should be how many votes you get against the opponent - surely ?

So if you win by 3 million votes you have won - this one for _abio me thinks ......

"The U.S voting system should be how many votes you get against the opponent - surely ?

So if you win by 3 million votes you have won - this one for _abio me thinks ......"

They have that electoral college thing. To my eyes it distorts the results. It's supposed to simply rubber stamp the result, but it was used in the last election (in my eyes) to alter the result.

The outcome is similar to how our last election worked. With a relatively small swing in voters, the Conservatives gained a huge majority that does not well represent the actual per person voting result.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The U.S voting system should be how many votes you get against the opponent - surely ?

So if you win by 3 million votes you have won - this one for _abio me thinks ......"

think of it as 51 small elections (50 states plus DC) on one big PR case.... the only issue is that each state is "winner takes all".....

anyway... my mail in ballot turned up today!!!!! hmmmm wonder who i should vote for!!!

I like the way that republicans are gloating over the SCOTUS pick, because I think it actually motivate democrats who would have otherwise stayed home to go at an vote if they know the affordable care act is on the line (especially in the middle of a pandemic) they know that Roe vs Wade is on the line, they know that votings rights are on the line, and it could be that they take a run at same sex marriage and equality legislation as well!

Newcastle and Gateshead

So if you win by 3 million votes you have won - this one for _abio me thinks ......

They have that electoral college thing. To my eyes it distorts the results. It's supposed to simply rubber stamp the result, but it was used in the last election (in my eyes) to alter the result.

The outcome is similar to how our last election worked. With a relatively small swing in voters, the Conservatives gained a huge majority that does not well represent the actual per person voting result."

the reason why republicans are in no rush to get rid of it as that a republican presidential candidate has not won the popular vote in an election since 1988....

if democrats win all 3 branches of power in november (which is a possibility)... in the first 2 years of the Biden administration, look for a laundry list of thing they will do in revenge for the SCOTUS pick to make it harder for republicans to ever hold some levers of power.....

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

The only way dumb donny wins in November is if there's Russian influence again like there was in 2016, and Russia has already been caught doing it.

As far as the electoral college. I've never agreed with it at all, its a joke. It was started to control the outcome of the election for the most powerful states. It was only white wealthy landowners who could vote anyway. The popular vote should always win, and it should have been that way

from the start.

Everyone, 18 years of age and older should have to vote for any important position in government by mail in vote using your social security number for verification, only after each candidate has represented themselves to the nation on national tv, so you know where they stand on the issues.

We have to fill out a census by law, but we don't

have to vote. That's just another way of controlling the outcome, like voter suppression that the republicans have done for decades, and still are doing it wherever and whenever they can

get by with it.

It's a shame that our elections are such a joke.

If they were done correctly and fairly for every adult citizen, each party would have to move more to the center or their candidates would never be elected. We would get so much more done that would actually help the people, this country, and also the world.

But, unfortunately it will never happen in our lifetime, because the powers that be don't want things to be fair for everyone, they've proved that time and time again. They want to control the masses as much as possible to maintain their own power and wealth.

There shouldn't be any donations to any candidates by anyone or any business. Put the candidates on national tv to talk to the people about the issues and what each candidate wants to do. Take big business donors and the wealthy donors out of the voting manipulation they do every election.

Fair voting for everyone and fair elections are just

a dream until they do these things first.

It's a shame, but those are the facts !

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

One things for certain, if donny losses he will not go graciously

Newcastle and Gateshead

"One things for certain, if donny losses he will not go graciously "

i can tell you what will happen.... because of covid most democrats are likely to vote via mail in (thats the reason trump got triggered!)

they count in person ballots first on election day when they close.... in a lot of states this is likely to show trump ahead..... trump will try and claim victory and shut down counting of mail in ballots......via courts and even the military if needed...

if you want a example in the last senate election in arizona on the day most people votes for the republican over the democrat (had a 3 point lead at that point...) then they started counting mail in ballots... after 4 day the democrat finally took the lead, trump cried foul.... called it a fix,... in the end after the election was called 8 days after the democrat has won the election by 3 pts

expect a lot of the states that may mean something not to call contests on election night (michigan, wisconsin, arizona and georgia to name 4)

in more irony... trump is now calling on people in michigan to vote mail in... after michigan being one of the states he specifically accused of corruption....

sent my new york ballot back this morning... voted biden....

"

sent my new york ballot back this morning... voted biden.... "

who ever wins career criminals will be enjoying themselves

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think we are going to need to look at potential wide spread violence tonight.... the Breonna Taylor charges are in....

the policemen who shot breonna taylor 6 times walk scot free.... another policeman who shot 10 times so wildly they ended up in other peoples apartments is being charged with "wanton endangerment"

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"i think we are going to need to look at potential wide spread violence tonight.... the Breonna Taylor charges are in....

the policemen who shot breonna taylor 6 times walk scot free.... another policeman who shot 10 times so wildly they ended up in other peoples apartments is being charged with "wanton endangerment"

"

Puts a lot of things in perspective when shocking decisions like this can happen so easily.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"i think we are going to need to look at potential wide spread violence tonight.... the Breonna Taylor charges are in....

"

Do you know Fabio, as shocking as that is it's no longer a surprise..

What a complete mess..

[Removed by poster at 23/09/20 21:08:02]

[Removed by poster at 23/09/20 21:08:04]

Newcastle and Gateshead

What a complete mess.."

judging by the way they had police on standby and curfew on set kinda gave away the game as to what was coming....

another of the thing that annoys me is that the Kentucky AG who is suppose to be on the side of the victims throughout the press conference who defending the policemen to the point of calling it a "justifed killing"....

What a complete mess..

"

That is possibly the worst thing about this, and other cases, the outcome is predictably awful.

In this one, I almost wonder if government is wanting the rage to come out. Swing people their way when the crowds lose control.

A risky strategy, but looking at other things they have done, it's not out there.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

How can they go to the wrong location ?

The people they were meant to arrest

lived in the same block but on a different wing.

Its almost key stone cops, if it wasnt such a

Bad outcome

redcar

What a complete mess..

That is possibly the worst thing about this, and other cases, the outcome is predictably awful.

In this one, I almost wonder if government is wanting the rage to come out. Swing people their way when the crowds lose control.

A risky strategy, but looking at other things they have done, it's not out there. "

Agree - the order has most likely come from up on high - trump tower to make the first move & thus deliberately beat the hornets nest / start the trouble again - a sick political move using law enforcement for his own purposes

"How can they go to the wrong location ?

The people they were meant to arrest

lived in the same block but on a different wing.

Its almost key stone cops, if it wasnt such a

Bad outcome "

there was a no knock warrent issued for her address

Newcastle and Gateshead

with the 1st debate coming on tuesday night..... Moderator Chris Wallace (he of the parish of fow news) has selected the topics.

1) Supreme Court battle

2) Coronavirus pandemic

3) Economy

4) Unrest in cities

should be a good one... i expect Biden to have prepped real hard for this... and trump to try and wing it

funny enough... as a weird aside... debate 1 doesn't tend to go well for the "incumbant"! so this may be biden's best shot at really, really rattling trump!

the other question going in is "who fact checks trump?" and "are they going to do it in real time?"

"with the 1st debate coming on tuesday night..... Moderator Chris Wallace (he of the parish of fow news) has selected the topics.

1) Supreme Court battle

2) Coronavirus pandemic

3) Economy

4) Unrest in cities

should be a good one... i expect Biden to have prepped real hard for this... and trump to try and wing it

funny enough... as a weird aside... debate 1 doesn't tend to go well for the "incumbant"! so this may be biden's best shot at really, really rattling trump!

the other question going in is "who fact checks trump?" and "are they going to do it in real time?""

They'll have to be bloody quick if they do, because he lies every time he opens his mouth.

Newcastle and Gateshead

they have updated the topics on which the candidates will be asked about....

1) The Trump and Biden records

2) The Supreme Court

3) Covid 19

4) The Economy

5) Race Relations and Violence in our Cities

6) The Integrity of the Election

each part will be 15 minutes long..... each person will get an opening and closing statement.... trump won toss so he will get 1st question

Chris Wallace will NOT be fact checking... that is going to be left to the Candidate

"

"

This is the most worrying aspect. The actions and statements of the current government are shocking.

The whole USPS thing alone is enough to cause huge concern.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

This is the most worrying aspect. The actions and statements of the current government are shocking.

The whole USPS thing alone is enough to cause huge concern. "

biden is going to have a field day on that topic, it will be interesting to see how trump tries to square mail in ballots being bad when he votes via mail in ballot , and why mail in is only bad in democratic leaning areas.....

also... which conspiracy theory he will try an pull out to scare people!

North Bucks

Donnys Tax news

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Donnys Tax news "

thats "debate 2" all by itself......

if the New York Times say they have god various articles about this on tap they will be releasing over the next few weeks.. it may end up being a debate 2 topic!

Newcastle and Gateshead

just interested... how many of you are going to watch debate 1.... are you going to stay up live or you going to watch it tomorrow?

interesting for me is that by sky news and bbc news 24 are showing it live (and by extention it will also be on BBC1 as they are taking news 24 coverage thru the night!)

i know both of them are going 1/2 hr "pre game" and 1/2 hr "post game"

i need to full US experience so i am going to tape CNN so i can watch it tomorrow morning like its "superbowl sunday" so full hrs pre and post game.... but i have had a couple of hrs sleep this afternoon so i am going to watch MSNBC live.....

need my proper fix... lol

Looking forward to the debates, it'll be hilarious

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"just interested... how many of you are going to watch debate 1.... are you going to stay up live or you going to watch it tomorrow?

interesting for me is that by sky news and bbc news 24 are showing it live (and by extention it will also be on BBC1 as they are taking news 24 coverage thru the night!)

i need to full US experience so i am going to tape CNN so i can watch it tomorrow morning like its "superbowl sunday" so full hrs pre and post game.... but i have had a couple of hrs sleep this afternoon so i am going to watch MSNBC live.....

need my proper fix... lol"

haha Fabio you love yr US fix good on ya bud

Bristol

Let the mud slinging begin

Wonder how many times trump will say fake news

"just interested... how many of you are going to watch debate 1.... are you going to stay up live or you going to watch it tomorrow?

need my proper fix... lol"

Definitely not going to watch it live, as there's only so much cringeyness I can take in one go.

I probably won't even watch highlights if it goes Trumps way, although it shouldn't really, because all Biden has to do is stay calm and collected.

Here's hoping.

It'll be very funny and entertaining,

Tax dodger trump vs pedo joe

need my proper fix... lol

"

Do we need to keep the outcome from you until you've watched it?!

North Bucks

If creepy Joe wants to go down in history as an epic troll. He should stroll over to Donny and chuck $750 at him and say that’s next years taxes on me chief. Then thug life walk away.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Judging by Channel 4’s profiling revelations the Republican dirty tricks campaign will already be in full swing helping the nut job trump.

Thanks to Cambridge analytica and the likes of Facebook the profiling big brother approach is getting really scary.

I personally think with 300m people the Americans surely could have done better than these two false self serving guys.

Big money is everything in American politics, not policy.

Bullshit all the way .

We’re catching up in the U.K. Boris is a Great Leap Forward in dumbing down this country. Now there’s something he’s good at. Finally.

"Judging by Channel 4’s profiling revelations the Republican dirty tricks campaign will already be in full swing helping the nut job trump.

Thanks to Cambridge analytica and the likes of Facebook the profiling big brother approach is getting really scary.

I personally think with 300m people the Americans surely could have done better than these two false self serving guys.

Big money is everything in American politics, not policy.

Bullshit all the way .

We’re catching up in the U.K. Boris is a Great Leap Forward in dumbing down this country. Now there’s something he’s good at. Finally.

"

I actually started a thread on the black voter deterrence. Nobody seemed interested in discussing it. Says it all really.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Do we need to keep the outcome from you until you've watched it?!

"

I am turning off this bad boy at midnight and will not come back on till i have watched it all tomorrow (may skip the pre show, just watch the post show!) lol

I'll save my "all nighter" on here for election night........

Newcastle and Gateshead

Okay... couple of quick thoughts....

1) wow....

2) wtf!!!

3) trump was out of control

4) Biden has a decision to make on whether to do the last 2 debates because that was a mess

5) trump digging at bidens dead son was bad....

6) trump not bringing himself to denounce white nationalism was worse...

7) proud boys.... really!!!

That was one big huge cluster.....

North Bucks

Wish I hadn’t got up early to watch it.

Two bickering old men. Biden edged it.

It reminded me of Statler and Waldorf. Muppets seem quite apt.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Okay... couple of quick thoughts....

1) wow....

2) wtf!!!

4) Biden has a decision to make on whether to do the last 2 debates because that was a mess

That was one big huge cluster....."

Yeah that was a serious wtf. But then not really unexpected. I don't think anyone thought Trump wouldn't be able to not shut the fuck up.

I think Biden will need to turn up otherwise to next ones or will be seen as ducking.

Trump having a go at Biden's dead son was well below the belt. And yes, that moderator was appalling. Could they not mute Trump's mic?

And yeah the Proud boys are now all crowing on social media about being ready. Election polls are going to be a mess.

-Matt

North Bucks

What did Trump say about Bidens dead son?

My eyes were probably sagging at that point.

Grantham

1) wow....

2) wtf!!!

That was one big huge cluster....."

Absolutely no point having the other debates. Its just a negative hate-filled shitshow! Two angry pensioners having a cock-waving contest.

And now I feel bad about wearing my classic black and yellow Fred Perry because of these morons!

North Bucks

1) wow....

2) wtf!!!

That was one big huge cluster.....

Absolutely no point having the other debates. Its just a negative hate-filled shitshow! Two angry pensioners having a cock-waving contest.

And now I feel bad about wearing my classic black and yellow Fred Perry because of these morons! "

I love some of Fred Perry’s clobber it’s a shame it’s seen like that considering who founded the company.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

wow two old men losing there shit.couldnt make up my mind who is more off there nut

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"What did Trump say about Bidens dead son?

My eyes were probably sagging at that point. "

Trump didn't say anything directly about Beau Biden, but whilst Biden was talking about him (in reference to Trump's comments on losers in the military) Trump interrupted him to have a go at his other son, Hunter Biden.

A bit rich, given all the corruption with Trumps own kids.

-Matt

I fail to see how anyone could watch that debate and then choose trump over Biden. It beggars belief.

"I fail to see how anyone could watch that debate and then choose trump over Biden. It beggars belief.

"

I imagine for some people he speaks exactly what they believe. Then there are others willing to sacrifice their morality to retain power for the GOP...

Newcastle and Gateshead

right..... got some sleep.... tried to watch it again (spoiler: i couldn't)

I just feel really embarrassed

I am working from home.... well just nipped it to get some emails!

I log into skype to which in the 1st 5 minutes i kid you not, I get over 100 IM's saying "what the hell was that last night" and want my take....

my immediate reaction was to send out an email apologising...... is that bad????

one man came to debate.... one man came with the intention of turning it into a firery shitshow of a car wreck!

its coming up on 11am...and i am still getting random im's from people i haven't heard from in years....

can biden just put me out of my misery and say "no round 2!".... i think he would gain more vote by not putting us thru that again!!

Bristol

Did trump really tell the proud boys to stand by

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"right..... got some sleep.... tried to watch it again (spoiler: i couldn't)

I log into skype to which in the 1st 5 minutes i kid you not, I get over 100 IM's saying "what the hell was that last night" and want my take....

my immediate reaction was to send out an email apologising...... is that bad????

one man came to debate.... one man came with the intention of turning it into a firery shitshow of a car wreck!

its coming up on 11am...and i am still getting random im's from people i haven't heard from in years....

can biden just put me out of my misery and say "no round 2!".... i think he would gain more vote by not putting us thru that again!!"

The people that are voting for trump will not be deterred by his performance, however Trumps performance will put women voters off voting for him. The more he rants and acts like a thug, the better it is for Biden. All Biden has to do is stay calm and he wins. Trump was hoping to provoke a reaction, he didn't succeed.

Chris Wallace, though.....

in Lancashire

"right..... got some sleep.... tried to watch it again (spoiler: i couldn't)

can biden just put me out of my misery and say "no round 2!".... i think he would gain more vote by not putting us thru that again!!

The people that are voting for trump will not be deterred by his performance, however Trumps performance will put women voters off voting for him. The more he rants and acts like a thug, the better it is for Biden. All Biden has to do is stay calm and he wins. Trump was hoping to provoke a reaction, he didn't succeed.

Chris Wallace, though....."

This, Trump tried to goad Biden as well as ramp up the attacks which was part a strategy in which they hoped Biden would become flustered and it failed..

Trump is only damaging himself further and I think it will possibly change in the next one..

It was embarrassing for both men. But I think it might have harmed Biden more. Trump came across as a bully and a bullshitter. But we already knew that about him. Biden came across as weak. That could turn some waverers away from him.

I did laugh in disbelief when Biden told Trump to shut up. It was funny and sad all at once. That pretty much summed up the level. This was no debate.

Derry

"It was embarrassing for both men. But I think it might have harmed Biden more. Trump came across as a bully and a bullshitter. But we already knew that about him. Biden came across as weak. That could turn some waverers away from him.

I did laugh in disbelief when Biden told Trump to shut up. It was funny and sad all at once. That pretty much summed up the level. This was no debate."

Yeah, it's going to be tough choosing between the guy that called on his white supremacist gangs to intimidate and terrorise voters and the other guy.

"It was embarrassing for both men. But I think it might have harmed Biden more. Trump came across as a bully and a bullshitter. But we already knew that about him. Biden came across as weak. That could turn some waverers away from him.

I did laugh in disbelief when Biden told Trump to shut up. It was funny and sad all at once. That pretty much summed up the level. This was no debate.

Yeah, it's going to be tough choosing between the guy that called on his white supremacist gangs to intimidate and terrorise voters and the other guy."

Oh Trump is absolutely the worse man. No doubt.

But I don't think Trump's supporters will be bothered by the way he acted. They're used to it.

However I think some may be bothered by how weak Biden seemed.

(I hope I'm wrong, though. It'd be great to see Trump bleed votes from every sector.)

I did laugh in disbelief when Biden told Trump to shut up. It was funny and sad all at once. That pretty much summed up the level. This was no debate."

“I really hate that bully guy, but I can’t possibly vote for the poor dude he’s trying to bully. #VoteBully”

“I really hate that bully guy, but I can’t possibly vote for the poor dude he’s trying to bully. #VoteBully”"

Oh I'd absolutely vote for Biden over Trump. But Biden came out of this whole thing looking bad, too.

Derry

“I really hate that bully guy, but I can’t possibly vote for the poor dude he’s trying to bully. #VoteBully”

Oh I'd absolutely vote for Biden over Trump. But Biden came out of this whole thing looking bad, too."

There was a risk for Biden in choosing to debate Trump, it wasn't losing the debate but it was the risk of being dragged down to Trump's level. Biden didn't succumb to that. All Trump had was interruption, shouting, untruths and personal attacks.

The danger when playing chess with a pigeon is that regardless of how well you play, the pigeon will still knock the pieces over and shit on the board.

Biden came to debate facts, Trump came to throw shit. It was a terrible reflection on him, you could say, 'when you're an abuser, they just let you'

The only people that would be pleased with Trump's performance are the far right groups You really can't say 'both sides' about that so called debate.

Oh I'd absolutely vote for Biden over Trump. But Biden came out of this whole thing looking bad, too.

There was a risk for Biden in choosing to debate Trump, it wasn't losing the debate but it was the risk of being dragged down to Trump's level. Biden didn't succumb to that. All Trump had was interruption, shouting, untruths and personal attacks.

The danger when playing chess with a pigeon is that regardless of how well you play, the pigeon will still knock the pieces over and shit on the board.

Biden came to debate facts, Trump came to throw shit. It was a terrible reflection on him, you could say, 'when you're an abuser, they just let you'

The only people that would be pleased with Trump's performance are the far right groups You really can't say 'both sides' about that so called debate."

The problem is that Biden did get dragged down. He openly insulted Trump a few times.

Another problem is that with Trump's constant bullshitting and interruptions, Biden barely got anything he'd prepared out.

Then again, there's another factor I haven't seen mentioned yet. Trump really needed to win this debate. He's way behind on numbers. Trump certainly did not win.

in Lancashire

And as if trump didn't know what he was saying last night, he's now said he doesn't know who the proud boys are..

And they should stand down..

Clown..

Newcastle and Gateshead

biden was fine.... average.... not bad but missed so many openings (when trump was talking about his rallies being safe i was screaming "lets ask herman cain!)

but biden looked sane and spectacular alongside trump.... I think someone had told him he needed to go on the attack, and even chris christie (who helped him with debate prep) said on ABC last night he went in too hot! he was a bully and basically tried to ride over biden and Wallace.....

Trumps just been interviewed again... now claiming he doesn't know who the "proud boys" are! still not disavowing white supremacy and right wing extremist groups though...

the president rode over all the rules.... the presidential debate commission say they are looking over the rules

if the propose cutting mics i doubt trump then shows up.... but i don't think Biden gains anything from another shitshow like that....

the next debate is "town hall style" which absolutely favour Biden as you know he is better talking and taking questions from the public....

Derry

"biden was fine.... average.... not bad but missed so many openings (when trump was talking about his rallies being safe i was screaming "lets ask herman cain!)

but biden looked sane and spectacular alongside trump.... I think someone had told him he needed to go on the attack, and even chris christie (who helped him with debate prep) said on ABC last night he went in too hot! he was a bully and basically tried to ride over biden and Wallace.....

Trumps just been interviewed again... now claiming he doesn't know who the "proud boys" are! still not disavowing white supremacy and right wing extremist groups though...

the president rode over all the rules.... the presidential debate commission say they are looking over the rules

if the propose cutting mics i doubt trump then shows up.... but i don't think Biden gains anything from another shitshow like that....

the next debate is "town hall style" which absolutely favour Biden as you know he is better talking and taking questions from the public....

"

Trump's campaign manager has already objected to changing the rules. Harris is going to take Pence to pieces on the 7th. I think by this stage the Trump campaign will rely on an October surprise. If that doesn't work, they will just declare victory and rely on the courts to uphold their claim.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Trump's campaign manager has already objected to changing the rules. Harris is going to take Pence to pieces on the 7th. I think by this stage the Trump campaign will rely on an October surprise. If that doesn't work, they will just declare victory and rely on the courts to uphold their claim."

Harris can debate, Pence is very good at "fudging" so it will be an interesting clash of styles....

Town Hall really doesn't suit trump if the questions lobbed at him are not softballs (spoiler: they wont!) so actually facing a hard question from the general public isn't his thing

Biden does Empathy by the bucket load and does this style of questioning a lot better...

plus this style of event doesn't really suit to talking over each other.. so it means biden can be more policy focused and attack trump that way

we know that trump doesn't do that... attacking someone personally in this atmosphere is going to be super awkward

Derry

"

Trump's campaign manager has already objected to changing the rules. Harris is going to take Pence to pieces on the 7th. I think by this stage the Trump campaign will rely on an October surprise. If that doesn't work, they will just declare victory and rely on the courts to uphold their claim.

Harris can debate, Pence is very good at "fudging" so it will be an interesting clash of styles....

Town Hall really doesn't suit trump if the questions lobbed at him are not softballs (spoiler: they wont!) so actually facing a hard question from the general public isn't his thing

Biden does Empathy by the bucket load and does this style of questioning a lot better...

plus this style of event doesn't really suit to talking over each other.. so it means biden can be more policy focused and attack trump that way

we know that trump doesn't do that... attacking someone personally in this atmosphere is going to be super awkward"

I fully agree with you that Biden will outshine Trump in a townhall format. Trump doesn't do empathy and hopefully Biden will let Trump crucify himself.

No wonder Biden refused the drug test and being frisked before the debate.

There was none of his usual gaffes.

Biden has got busted, he was wearing a wire during the debate and being fed answers.

"biden was fine.... average.... not bad but missed so many openings (when trump was talking about his rallies being safe i was screaming "lets ask herman cain!)

"

CNN's own election selected voters had trump winning it!.

This is CNN, the same network that employs don lemon who thinks we should burn the whole thing down .

This is CNN, the same network that employs don lemon who thinks we should burn the whole thing down .

"

Strangely, when I looked that up I found a CNN story saying 6 out of 10 voters think Biden won the debate...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/29/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-debate-poll/index.html

Strangely, when I looked that up I found a CNN story saying 6 out of 10 voters think Biden won the debate...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/29/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-debate-poll/index.html"

They don't like to publish it but it was live on the TV after the debate, you know they have there 12 people "randomly selected" viewing audience who they interview afterwards 7 of the 12 thought trump won.

Don't worry they've since taken the guy who random samples and had him shot out back

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/29/politics/donald-trump-joe-biden-debate-poll/index.html

They don't like to publish it but it was live on the TV after the debate, you know they have there 12 people "randomly selected" viewing audience who they interview afterwards 7 of the 12 thought trump won.

Don't worry they've since taken the guy who random samples and had him shot out back "

What you're saying might well be true. Proof is nice, though.

(And I thought Biden was rubbish, for the record. But so was Trump. Hell, so was the moderator.)

Don't worry they've since taken the guy who random samples and had him shot out back

(And I thought Biden was rubbish, for the record. But so was Trump. Hell, so was the moderator.)"

I was simply pulling up on the fact the poster was alluding to a biden win, if you only listed to the news you'd believe it but the public keep voting how they don't want them to vote,I don't really care who won, I've got no skin in the game.

It was live on CNN I'm sure it will be available on social media somewhere

"No wonder Biden refused the drug test and being frisked before the debate.

Biden has got busted, he was wearing a wire during the debate and being fed answers.

"

The "wire" was apparently a conspiracy theory spread via Qanon and social media. If you look into it a bit, you'll learn it seems to be bullshit.

Ayr

"And as if trump didn't know what he was saying last night, he's now said he doesn't know who the proud boys are..

And they should stand down..

Clown.."

Well, quite. I think the real problem America has, is that far too many millions of them have veered so far away from logic, common sense, decency and dignity; that they will debase themselves - and their country - by voting for Trump, even though they know what he really is and what he represents.

(And I thought Biden was rubbish, for the record. But so was Trump. Hell, so was the moderator.)

I was simply pulling up on the fact the poster was alluding to a biden win, if you only listed to the news you'd believe it but the public keep voting how they don't want them to vote,I don't really care who won, I've got no skin in the game.

It was live on CNN I'm sure it will be available on social media somewhere "

Ahhh social media. That bastion of truth and reality.

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 00:23:41]

[Removed by poster at 01/10/20 00:23:44]

It was live on CNN I'm sure it will be available on social media somewhere "

Maybe this clip shows the bit you were talking about. At the end, 1 undecided voter thinks Biden won the debate. From what I saw on the clip, 2 think Trump won it. And everybody else - the vast majority - think nobody won the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esB1OrPSRGg

The "wire" was apparently a conspiracy theory spread via Qanon and social media. If you look into it a bit, you'll learn it seems to be bullshit."

Apart from clearly being able to see the wire. Biden has got caught cheating live on Tv.

The "wire" was apparently a conspiracy theory spread via Qanon and social media. If you look into it a bit, you'll learn it seems to be bullshit.

Apart from clearly being able to see the wire. Biden has got caught cheating live on Tv."

Just look up the actual details for yourself. (As opposed to the conspiracy theory.) If I tell you, you'll say I'm lying or wrong.

Actually, I'm in a helpful mood. So here's proof that "wire" was nothing more than a shirt crease. When you look at the clip in higher definition, that's clear.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/sep/30/facebook-posts/biden-did-not-wear-wire-during-first-presidential-/

"

Why am I not surprised that you've fallen for yet another conspiracy theory, Dave?

Try and do a little bit of critical thinking here, and try to understand that in the midst of Trumps onslaught, it would have been almost impossible for anyone to take cues from a hidden earpiece.

It's a diversionary tactic that has been thrown against many people over the years, without a shread of evidence. Even Boris Johnson was accused of wearing an earpiece at PMQs not so very long ago.

It's a whole load of fake news I'm afraid, and wishing it was true does not make it so. Baaaa

North Bucks

If he was wearing a wire why would it be poking out of his sleeve? Surely these days a “wire” would be tiny.

I’ve seen enough spy films

Newcastle and Gateshead

I suppose this is your October surprise then....

You have to figure debate 2 is now not gonna happen.....

T’s and P’s.......

This may finally jolt his supporters into doing something and believing science......

"I suppose this is your October surprise then....

T’s and P’s.......

This may finally jolt his supporters into doing something and believing science......"

Only if he gets ill. If he's asymptomatic then both he and his supporters will be even worse in their behaviour.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I suppose this is your October surprise then....

T’s and P’s.......

This may finally jolt his supporters into doing something and believing science......

Only if he gets ill. If he's asymptomatic then both he and his supporters will be even worse in their behaviour."

If he gets ill.... one step closer to republicans worst fear..... president pelosi lol

Newcastle and Gateshead

that quick "get amy coney barrett on SCOTUS" plan just hit a bit of a snag.....

ironically because they now think the event they had for ACB was the superspreader event that may have caused all this!!!

anyway.... the snag.... for it to have gone thru all smoothly it would have needed to have gone thru the senate judiciary committee to be validated... to then gone on the big floor for a vote....

the committee is 12 republican members and 10 democratic members....

so anyway this lovely ACB event seems to have claimed 3 republican committee members.. yesterday mike lee of utah, and tom tillis of north carolina both confirmed that have covid... and about an hour ago Ron Johnson of Wisconsin of utah also confirm he has tested positive....

the rules of the senate state you have to vote "in person".... which means at the moment you would have 10 dems and 9 republicans!..... which means for the next 14 days the republicans don't now have a majority!!!

the plan was that they were going to hold the committee hearing on the 12th... and the earliest you are allowed to hold a vote is 14 days after that... the 26th

but now they are 3 senators down.... the earliest they can now hold any potential hearing is monday 19th..... with a vote on november 2nd (the day before the election) which they would not dare do!!!

so the final vote would "probably" be down now in the lame duck session........ which is all sorts of problematic

"that quick "get amy coney barrett on SCOTUS" plan just hit a bit of a snag.....

ironically because they now think the event they had for ACB was the superspreader event that may have caused all this!!!

anyway.... the snag.... for it to have gone thru all smoothly it would have needed to have gone thru the senate judiciary committee to be validated... to then gone on the big floor for a vote....

the committee is 12 republican members and 10 democratic members....

so anyway this lovely ACB event seems to have claimed 3 republican committee members.. yesterday mike lee of utah, and tom tillis of north carolina both confirmed that have covid... and about an hour ago Ron Johnson of Wisconsin of utah also confirm he has tested positive....

the rules of the senate state you have to vote "in person".... which means at the moment you would have 10 dems and 9 republicans!..... which means for the next 14 days the republicans don't now have a majority!!!

the plan was that they were going to hold the committee hearing on the 12th... and the earliest you are allowed to hold a vote is 14 days after that... the 26th

but now they are 3 senators down.... the earliest they can now hold any potential hearing is monday 19th..... with a vote on november 2nd (the day before the election) which they would not dare do!!!

so the final vote would "probably" be down now in the lame duck session........ which is all sorts of problematic "

I'm sure "Moscow Mitch" McConnell won't let this deter him. He'll find some way to waive the rules. Don't get your Hope's up just yet Fabio.

Newcastle and Gateshead

interesting 1st polls coming out post debate and trump covid announcement... not good for trump....

ABC Poll. was Biden up 8, now Biden up 10

NBC Poll. was Biden up 10, Now Biden up 14

Newcastle and Gateshead

"interesting 1st polls coming out post debate and trump covid announcement... not good for trump....

NBC Poll. was Biden up 10, Now Biden up 14"

And now CNN this morning.... was Biden up 10, now Biden up 16.....

If you want to know how bad this is going for trump, the Biden campaign is actually beginning to spend money on adverts in “the holy grail” ... Texas

If trump has to spend money in Georgia and Texas defending... that’s not good... they are expensive tv markets to go into

"interesting 1st polls coming out post debate and trump covid announcement... not good for trump....

If you want to know how bad this is going for trump, the Biden campaign is actually beginning to spend money on adverts in “the holy grail” ... Texas

If trump has to spend money in Georgia and Texas defending... that’s not good... they are expensive tv markets to go into

"

It's interesting isn't it? The success or not of these campaigns, is pretty much based on marketing and efficient resource allocation.

The actual policies come low down the list, or at least that's how it appears.

I know we are heading in that direction, and have been for sometime. But it's not quite in that territory yet.

The red wall did not fall to money (though you could argue the marketing case), it was pretty much about a single issue.

Derry

If trump has to spend money in Georgia and Texas defending... that’s not good... they are expensive tv markets to go into "

I remember Hillary spending in Texas as well. Georgia is in play as long as Lieberman drops out. Being an asshole must run in the family.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Texas is the holy grail for democrats just like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin were the holy grail for republicans.. in that they always thought they could win... but never did!

For example the irony with Michigan is that trump won it will less votes that Romney got when he lost to Obama... it was as much about people staying home

The one thing is this time no one is staying out...

But eventually places like Texas, Georgia and this time around Arizona will be purple states that will be in play...

» Add a new message to this topic