FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Has .Gov handled the crisis ..

Has .Gov handled the crisis ..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ice__bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

redcar

Has our .Gov handled the Pandemic crisis as best they could ?

Listening to Boris today he seemed almost apologetic.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has our .Gov handled the Pandemic crisis as best they could ?

Listening to Boris today he seemed almost apologetic."

Errr, nope, it has been a clusterfuck from start to finish. Boris is on borrowed time, he will be gone next year

Is there an emoji of the devil fisting the country, using dirty money and lies as lube? I think that sums up how well they've done.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Ben Bradshaw..why has germany and Italy have lower death rates than is?

Bufoon..because we are a freedom loving country.

Listening to Boris today he seemed almost apologetic.

Errr, nope, it has been a clusterfuck from start to finish. Boris is on borrowed time, he will be gone next year "

Yep. His end is near.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Ben Bradshaw..why has germany and Italy have lower death rates than is?

Bufoon..because we are a freedom loving country."

so what should Boris of done then ?

liverpool

Bufoon..because we are a freedom loving country. so what should Boris of done then ?"

Explain to me the totalitarianism nature of modern day Germany and Italy.

thornaby

I’m asking yr thoughts on what could of been done differently ? Personally I think we should of done the same as Sweden now

By *inky CyclerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

They could have handled it better. We came out of lockdown and went to stage three now with the latest restrictions announced we've gone backwards, not helped by too many people disregarding guidelines.

Bufoon..because we are a freedom loving country. so what should Boris of done then ?"

He should never have run for PM. That might have helped.

liverpool

"I’m asking yr thoughts on what could of been done differently ? Personally I think we should of done the same as Sweden now "

Whilst I admit it's not an easy situation the initial 'we will take it on the chin/bulldog spirit approach'was a sign of the forthcoming car crash.

thornaby

For me the eat out to help out was a total fuck up I read last week Sweden had one of the lowest rates in Europe maybe there’ approach was a better one

liverpool

"For me the eat out to help out was a total fuck up I read last week Sweden had one of the lowest rates in Europe maybe there’ approach was a better one "

They have a completely different demographic.

They are not as densely populated as us.

"For me the eat out to help out was a total fuck up I read last week Sweden had one of the lowest rates in Europe maybe there’ approach was a better one "

Is their leader a pathological liar who's a flailing incompetent? If not, they're way better off than us.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

have done.

thornaby

They kept restraunts pubs schools open ppl when they to work I’d say that’s pretty much as close as you can get to ppl no matter we’re you live

thornaby

Bufoon..because we are a freedom loving country. so what should Boris of done then ?

have done. "

so sorry sexy it’s just how I talk hope it hasn’t upset you princess lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not compared to Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland..

Sweden's a bit of a red herring, or is that a rol mop..

Bristol

Their approach not there approach.

Don’t compare apples and pears. In Sweden, and in all Scandinavian countries people trust their gvt. Here we have toffs who have lost the trust of most people through lying on Brexit, not kicking down early enough, not have enough PPE, not being able to have a tracing system that works, proroguing parliament illegally, lying on his oven ready deal, the Cummings saga etc... All this means that at least half the country doesn’t trust these idiots. The political situation in Sweden is completely different. So is the geography, the density of population etc...

thornaby

"For me the eat out to help out was a total fuck up I read last week Sweden had one of the lowest rates in Europe maybe there’ approach was a better one

Don’t compare apples and pears. In Sweden, and in all Scandinavian countries people trust their gvt. Here we have toffs who have lost the trust of most people through lying on Brexit, not kicking down early enough, not have enough PPE, not being able to have a tracing system that works, proroguing parliament illegally, lying on his oven ready deal, the Cummings saga etc... All this means that at least half the country doesn’t trust these idiots. The political situation in Sweden is completely different. So is the geography, the density of population etc..."

really are you that sad that my spelling and grammar offends you that much? Lol

Bristol

Bufoon..because we are a freedom loving country. so what should Boris of done then ?

have done. so sorry sexy it’s just how I talk hope it hasn’t upset you princess lol"

I’m not royalty or a prince or whatever but I genuinely wonder how people can write things like ‘would of done’. Honestly it’s as bad and poor as saying that 2 +2= 5. It’s in the same ball park.

But the bottom line is that this country has the worst record on covid than any other European country, so these clowns should have the decency to take responsibility and admit they have managed this crisis badly. By doing so, they would regain a bit of respect and credibility.

Resigned

Bristol

"For me the eat out to help out was a total fuck up I read last week Sweden had one of the lowest rates in Europe maybe there’ approach was a better one

Don’t compare apples and pears. In Sweden, and in all Scandinavian countries people trust their gvt. Here we have toffs who have lost the trust of most people through lying on Brexit, not kicking down early enough, not have enough PPE, not being able to have a tracing system that works, proroguing parliament illegally, lying on his oven ready deal, the Cummings saga etc... All this means that at least half the country doesn’t trust these idiots. The political situation in Sweden is completely different. So is the geography, the density of population etc...really are you that sad that my spelling and grammar offends you that much? Lol"

It was only 5% of my message.

I’m just correcting you in order to help you really. I’d be so embarrassed to write so badly so I assume that you would appreciate a bit of help and i’m sincere here.

thornaby

Don’t compare apples and pears. In Sweden, and in all Scandinavian countries people trust their gvt. Here we have toffs who have lost the trust of most people through lying on Brexit, not kicking down early enough, not have enough PPE, not being able to have a tracing system that works, proroguing parliament illegally, lying on his oven ready deal, the Cummings saga etc... All this means that at least half the country doesn’t trust these idiots. The political situation in Sweden is completely different. So is the geography, the density of population etc...really are you that sad that my spelling and grammar offends you that much? Lol

I’m just correcting you in order to help you really. I’d be so embarrassed to write so badly so I assume that you would appreciate a bit of help and i’m sincere here.

"

thats just who I am mate maybe I’m not as well educated as you but if it gives you a buzz looking down your nose at me crack on says a lot about you

in Lancashire

have done. so sorry sexy it’s just how I talk hope it hasn’t upset you princess lol

I’m not royalty or a prince or whatever but I genuinely wonder how people can write things like ‘would of done’. Honestly it’s as bad and poor as saying that 2 +2= 5. It’s in the same ball park.

But the bottom line is that this country has the worst record on covid than any other European country, so these clowns should have the decency to take responsibility and admit they have managed this crisis badly. By doing so, they would regain a bit of respect and credibility. "

Don't be daft, it's far easier to blame NHS staff for misuse of PPE, the public for not having tests, the people at ofqual for doing what the minister said, those that didn't go back into the office, the teachers then the public again for over using the test system..

Don’t compare apples and pears. In Sweden, and in all Scandinavian countries people trust their gvt. Here we have toffs who have lost the trust of most people through lying on Brexit, not kicking down early enough, not have enough PPE, not being able to have a tracing system that works, proroguing parliament illegally, lying on his oven ready deal, the Cummings saga etc... All this means that at least half the country doesn’t trust these idiots. The political situation in Sweden is completely different. So is the geography, the density of population etc...really are you that sad that my spelling and grammar offends you that much? Lol

thats just who I am mate maybe I’m not as well educated as you but if it gives you a buzz looking down your nose at me crack on says a lot about you "

He's looking down his nose at your crack?

thornaby

thats just who I am mate maybe I’m not as well educated as you but if it gives you a buzz looking down your nose at me crack on says a lot about you

He's looking down his nose at your crack? "

he comes across that way lol

He's looking down his nose at your crack? he comes across that way lol "

To be fair, the Foxy lady has a v nice crack. (Even if I disagree with many of your posts.)

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No to slow to react early on but getting better.

Same as most countries.

I think they all thought if they closed there eyes it would go away very silly

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/09/20 15:58:06]

in Lancashire

Listening to Boris today he seemed almost apologetic.No to slow to react early on but getting better.

Same as most countries.

I think they all thought if they closed there eyes it would go away very silly"

No, some of them thought if they put in place an effective testing system coupled with a working track and trace system they will have hot the basics right..

Boris and his chums on the other hand..

thornaby

He's looking down his nose at your crack? he comes across that way lol

To be fair, the Foxy lady has a v nice crack. (Even if I disagree with many of your posts.)"

isn’t that the point of this forum to be able to disagree with each others posts I’ll tell her that she loves a compliment lol

To be fair, the Foxy lady has a v nice crack. (Even if I disagree with many of your posts.) isn’t that the point of this forum to be able to disagree with each others posts I’ll tell her that she loves a compliment lol"

Credit where credit's due.

liverpool

To be fair, the Foxy lady has a v nice crack. (Even if I disagree with many of your posts.) isn’t that the point of this forum to be able to disagree with each others posts I’ll tell her that she loves a compliment lol"

It would be extremely boring if everyone agreed with each other.

To be fair, the Foxy lady has a v nice crack. (Even if I disagree with many of your posts.) isn’t that the point of this forum to be able to disagree with each others posts I’ll tell her that she loves a compliment lol

It would be extremely boring if everyone agreed with each other."

I disagree!

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/09/20 16:04:51]

liverpool

To be fair, the Foxy lady has a v nice crack. (Even if I disagree with many of your posts.) isn’t that the point of this forum to be able to disagree with each others posts I’ll tell her that she loves a compliment lol

It would be extremely boring if everyone agreed with each other.

I disagree! "

Bristol

have done. so sorry sexy it’s just how I talk hope it hasn’t upset you princess lol

But the bottom line is that this country has the worst record on covid than any other European country, so these clowns should have the decency to take responsibility and admit they have managed this crisis badly. By doing so, they would regain a bit of respect and credibility.

Don't be daft, it's far easier to blame NHS staff for misuse of PPE, the public for not having tests, the people at ofqual for doing what the minister said, those that didn't go back into the office, the teachers then the public again for over using the test system.."

Well...of course you would look at me as being arrogant instead of looking at your own shortcomings. It’s much easier to shift the blame on other people than tackling your own issues.

Now this is the most important part of the message. You’re telling us you’re not very educated - you said it, not me. Do you think that it only affects your grammar or does it also have an impact your political views on things like the EU or other complex questions? I’m certain it does have an impact and this is the annoying bit.

I’m aware that i can come across as arrogant here although it is not my intention. So please don’t take it the wrong way. However I can’t help feeling incensed by the fact that the future of this country has been decided by a lot of people who can’t tell the difference between ‘there’ and ‘their’ or who have an opinion on the most complex issues when they can’t even grasp the most basic things.It’s a bit like somebody trying to build a rocket without knowing his times tables.

thornaby

Don't be daft, it's far easier to blame NHS staff for misuse of PPE, the public for not having tests, the people at ofqual for doing what the minister said, those that didn't go back into the office, the teachers then the public again for over using the test system..

Well...of course you would look at me as being arrogant instead of looking at your own shortcomings. It’s much easier to shift the blame on other people than tackling your own issues.

Now this is the most important part of the message. You’re telling us you’re not very educated - you said it, not me. Do you think that it only affects your grammar or does it also have an impact your political views on things like the EU or other complex questions? I’m certain it does have an impact and this is the annoying bit.

I’m aware that i can come across as arrogant here although it is not my intention. So please don’t take it the wrong way. However I can’t help feeling incensed by the fact that the future of this country has been decided by a lot of people who can’t tell the difference between ‘there’ and ‘their’ or who have an opinion on the most complex issues when they can’t even grasp the most basic things.It’s a bit like somebody trying to build a rocket without knowing his times tables.

"

so you think only the well educated should have a vote on Brexit then that’s the crux of your post that’s fine your entitled to your opinion mate sorry you don’t think I am aswell

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/09/20 16:28:59]

Bristol

so you think only the well educated should have a vote on Brexit then that’s the crux of your post that’s fine your entitled to your opinion mate sorry you don’t think I am aswell "

Well... it’s not quite what I meant but I can’t help thinking that if people took the time to be a bit more knowledgeable and informed on things, they would have a more informed opinion on some complex issues. However, of course everybody is entitled to their opinion and yours is as respectable as anyone else’s.

It still pisses me off that the future of this country and some very important issues have been decided by such a small margin and by people who are not the brightest. I’m not thinking about you here but it drives me nuts.

Things like Brexit for example should be decided by people who are elected and who have enough knowledge on these things.

Anyway, I know that I’m on dodgy ground here and that it can come across as rude and arrogant. Please don’t take this as a personal attack.

so you think only the well educated should have a vote on Brexit then that’s the crux of your post that’s fine your entitled to your opinion mate sorry you don’t think I am aswell "

I'd vote for lady Foxy's ass.

Bristol

so you think only the well educated should have a vote on Brexit then that’s the crux of your post that’s fine your entitled to your opinion mate sorry you don’t think I am aswell

I'd vote for lady Foxy's ass. "

Me too! Any day of the week!

thornaby

Well... it’s not quite what I meant but I can’t help thinking that if people took the time to be a bit more knowledgeable and informed on things, they would have a more informed opinion on some complex issues. However, of course everybody is entitled to their opinion and yours is as respectable as anyone else’s.

It still pisses me off that the future of this country and some very important issues have been decided by such a small margin and by people who are not the brightest. I’m not thinking about you here but it drives me nuts.

Things like Brexit for example should be decided by people who are elected and who have enough knowledge on these things.

Anyway, I know that I’m on dodgy ground here and that it can come across as rude and arrogant. Please don’t take this as a personal attack.

"

I think you define someone as not the brightest by there education in my case my spelling and grammar it’s not always the case tho I ran a great business for almost twenty yrs done well for myself crawled out the council estate I was brought up on there’s lots who haven’t got yr education but that doesn’t mean there not the brightest I think it’s poor on your part to judge a person on how well they are educated mate But we can leave it there bud

thornaby

Me too! Any day of the week! "

stop it now you’ve got me thinking I’m punching here I’m getting a complex on lol

Bristol

Me too! Any day of the week! stop it now you’ve got me thinking I’m punching here I’m getting a complex on lol"

Well... if you want some grammar lessons for free, bring that ass to me!

thornaby

Me too! Any day of the week! stop it now you’ve got me thinking I’m punching here I’m getting a complex on lol

Well... if you want some grammar lessons for free, bring that ass to me! "

thats what my English teacher said to me that’s why I skipped English lol

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I’m asking yr thoughts on what could of been done differently ? Personally I think we should of done the same as Sweden now "

Sweden took a gamble that they would all be sensible. Financially I think it worked but I don’t think death rate was a success. Our population is too crowded for it to have worked the same.

The swedes are antisocial with each other at the best of times so it did have a chance to go away naturally

thornaby

"I’m asking yr thoughts on what could of been done differently ? Personally I think we should of done the same as Sweden now

Sweden took a gamble that they would all be sensible. Financially I think it worked but I don’t think death rate was a success. Our population is too crowded for it to have worked the same.

The swedes are antisocial with each other at the best of times so it did have a chance to go away naturally "

are they iv only come across them on holidays always seemed ok to me specially the girls lol

"I’m asking yr thoughts on what could of been done differently ? Personally I think we should of done the same as Sweden now

The swedes are antisocial with each other at the best of times so it did have a chance to go away naturally are they iv only come across them on holidays always seemed ok to me specially the girls lol"

If you came across the on holidays, they sound very friendly.

[Removed by poster at 22/09/20 17:23:30]

The swedes are antisocial with each other at the best of times so it did have a chance to go away naturally are they iv only come across them on holidays always seemed ok to me specially the girls lol

If you came across the on holidays, they sound very friendly."

We go to an amazing club in Sweden and they aren't friendly. They are uberfriendly.

We also know a lot of Swedes, Danes and Fins from GC and they are not just friendly but bloody insane.

Love them to bits!

The swedes are antisocial with each other at the best of times so it did have a chance to go away naturally "

Nope they didn't even fare well financially. Their economy shrank 8.6% in the second quarter compared to other countries in Europe such as 8.4% in the Czech Republic, for instance, and just 5.1% in Lithuania, the lowest in the EU, both of whom had compulsory lockdowns.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Yes

No. In fact I can't think of many ways they could have handled it worse.

The only thing they did right was the furlough scheme and even that could be described as bribing people with their own money. One article referred to it as the largest handout to the rich in human history, since that is where the money will end up.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The swedes are antisocial with each other at the best of times so it did have a chance to go away naturally are they iv only come across them on holidays always seemed ok to me specially the girls lol

If you came across the on holidays, they sound very friendly.

We go to an amazing club in Sweden and they aren't friendly. They are uberfriendly.

We also know a lot of Swedes, Danes and Fins from GC and they are not just friendly but bloody insane.

Love them to bits!"

I work in Scandinavia a lot and they are fabulous to me and they love the UK football. They just don’t talk to each other. It’s weird.

I was waiting for a flight with four Norwegians and one guy from Sweden . I was chatting away then said I’ll shut up and give someone else a go. The swede openly said please keep going as it will be silent if we wait for the Norwegians to chat . Funny a fuck as they all agreed!

I love the culture up there. I’ve made some very good friends.

"

This has nothing to do with any person on this forum. You have just highlighted a shortcoming of democracy. Someone once described democracy as two lions and a sheep voting for what to have for dinner.

It's just a fact that less poorly educated people have larger families and therefore outnumber the better educated.

When democracy was first suggested there was an outcry from the rich saying that the poor would change the laws to suit themselves at the expense of the rich. But then it was pointed out that the rich controlled their source of information and so the turkeys would be convinced to vote for Christmas. So here we are.

In America they have a president so stupid he can't even string a sentence together properly but makes overuse of adjectives and adverbs ("lazy tools for a weak mind"). An ill informed public love him to bits and think he's wonderful. Go democracy!

in Lancashire

"

Me, edjumacated..?

Me, edjumacated..? "

It meens yor teecha tawt yew two spoke englesh propper

in Lancashire

Me, edjumacated..?

It meens yor teecha tawt yew two spoke englesh propper "

We had nuns, wicked sods and too handy with the cane..

thornaby

Me, edjumacated..?

"

the cane was brutal I think that’s why iv had 3 broken fingers as an adult lol

Me, edjumacated..?

the cane was brutal I think that’s why iv had 3 broken fingers as an adult lol"

They are a kinky lot!

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

You've got to laugh at what certain people are posting on here.

People fought long and hard to get a vote for eveyone especially for women to get a vote.

And here we are left wing posters criticising the fact that everyone was allowed to vote on Brexit.

In fact they only the well educated people to be allowed to decided what happens. Basically taking us back to when it was the rich and wealthy land owners deciding what happens.

Talk about a kick in the bolloxs for the working man.! You should hang you heads in shame.

in Lancashire

Me, edjumacated..?

the cane was brutal I think that’s why iv had 3 broken fingers as an adult lol"

We had a French teacher in secondary who had wrapped her cane in black sparkies tape which must have too ages, she called it black sa#bo

And was an expert at getting you on the up stroke too..

Rancid evil woman..

liverpool

Me, edjumacated..?

We had a French teacher in secondary who had wrapped her cane in black sparkies tape which must have too ages, she called it black sa#bo

Rancid evil woman.."

Kinky bitch

liverpool

"You've got to laugh at what certain people are posting on here.

People fought long and hard to get a vote for eveyone especially for women to get a vote.

And here we are left wing posters criticising the fact that everyone was allowed to vote on Brexit.

In fact they only the well educated people to be allowed to decided what happens. Basically taking us back to when it was the rich and wealthy land owners deciding what happens.

Talk about a kick in the bolloxs for the working man.! You should hang you heads in shame."

I cant really disagree with you.

Do you think we have a well informed electorate.?

Talk about a kick in the bolloxs for the working man.! You should hang you heads in shame."

We live in a representative democracy, not a plebiscite, and that’s for very good reason.

thornaby

Me, edjumacated..?

Rancid evil woman.."

lucky you only the male teachers gave out 6 of the best at my school

ROMFORD

Talk about a kick in the bolloxs for the working man.! You should hang you heads in shame.

Do you think we have a well informed electorate.?"

The point is we can vote.

in Lancashire

Me, edjumacated..?

Rancid evil woman.. lucky you only the male teachers gave out 6 of the best at my school "

Honestly mate the women were nasty, nuns in primary and as it was a Catholic secondary I think they were a bit full on too..

liverpool

The point is we can vote."

I know.I agree with you.

However I also think the media have a massive influence about how people vote.

Which is why I posed the question?

If people have the privilege to vote..do they have to be well informed?

I know.I agree with you.

If people have the privilege to vote..do they have to be well informed?"

The old quandary, if someone voted because they believed a lie, who is responsible for the outcome? The liar or the lied-to?

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

The point is we can vote."

If we need a certain level of education to vote in a referendum surely the same applies for General elections. Who sets this level and what should it be? Maybe only Oxford and Cambridge graduates be allowed to vote

liverpool

If we need a certain level of education to vote in a referendum surely the same applies for General elections. Who sets this level and what should it be? Maybe only Oxford and Cambridge graduates be allowed to vote"

This is a true story.

After the election a woman was asked who she voted for. She said the tories as we needed a change.

It's a real tricky one because everyone should have the right to vote.

However if people are voting for this which are not true .how can this be healthy?

liverpool

If we need a certain level of education to vote in a referendum surely the same applies for General elections. Who sets this level and what should it be? Maybe only Oxford and Cambridge graduates be allowed to vote"

And it's not about education

Its about being informed.

liverpool

I know.I agree with you.

If people have the privilege to vote..do they have to be well informed?

The old quandary, if someone voted because they believed a lie, who is responsible for the outcome? The liar or the lied-to? "

Going by brexit .a bit of both.

Taking Brexit as an example, the frictionless Irish border and an easy deal have been proven to have been lies - as predicated by remainers in 2016. What can you do if even in the face of actual evidence in 2020, some still refuse to accept that they were lied to?

ROMFORD

If we need a certain level of education to vote in a referendum surely the same applies for General elections. Who sets this level and what should it be? Maybe only Oxford and Cambridge graduates be allowed to vote

Taking Brexit as an example, the frictionless Irish border and an easy deal have been proven to have been lies - as predicated by remainers in 2016. What can you do if even in the face of actual evidence in 2020, some still refuse to accept that they were lied to?"

However both of your reasons are being caused by the EU not the UK.

Taking Brexit as an example, the frictionless Irish border and an easy deal have been proven to have been lies - as predicated by remainers in 2016. What can you do if even in the face of actual evidence in 2020, some still refuse to accept that they were lied to?

However both of your reasons are being caused by the EU not the UK."

Thanks for proving my point beautifully.

liverpool

However both of your reasons are being caused by the EU not the UK.

Thanks for proving my point beautifully. "

milton keynes

Its about being informed. "

The poster who raised this said it was about education or a level of it. So where would you draw the line? Who gets to vote and who does not

liverpool

The poster who raised this said it was about education or a level of it. So where would you draw the line? Who gets to vote and who does not"

Like I said everyone should vote.

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun.

milton keynes

The poster who raised this said it was about education or a level of it. So where would you draw the line? Who gets to vote and who does not

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun."

Glad to hear it. for that for a minute I thought you agreed with the idea and glad everyone is equal at the ballot box

[Removed by poster at 22/09/20 21:39:41]

The poster who raised this said it was about education or a level of it. So where would you draw the line? Who gets to vote and who does not"

Every eligible adult gets to vote. Liars should be punished and media outlets should be forced to print apologies/retractions in the same size font, on the same page that they printed their lies.

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun."

Who voted for us to break international law?

Do we get a say in that or do we have to have have our honour, dignity and trustworthiness without our consent.

We were told Boris had an oven ready deal. So either Boris lied to us to get our vote. Or he's so stupid he didn't understand what he signed?

When a government lies to it's people it ceases to be a democracy. Jim Garrison said it and Keith Starmer repeated it today.

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun.

Do we get a say in that or do we have to have have our honour, dignity and trustworthiness without our consent.

We were told Boris had an oven ready deal. So either Boris lied to us to get our vote. Or he's so stupid he didn't understand what he signed?

When a government lies to it's people it ceases to be a democracy. Jim Garrison said it and Keith Starmer repeated it today."

thornaby

I didn’t know ppl still read the sun anymore I’d of thought more ppl wach question time

milton keynes

When a government lies to it's people it ceases to be a democracy. Jim Garrison said it and Keith Starmer repeated it today."

That's a good point about if only people with a certain amount of education should vote as those that are doing the whole law thing are extremely well educated

liverpool

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun. I didn’t know ppl still read the sun anymore I’d of thought more ppl wach question time "

The circulation has gone down but its still v popular.

The mail online is one if the most read websites around I read somewhere.

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun. I didn’t know ppl still read the sun anymore I’d of thought more ppl wach question time "

Viewing figures for Question Time: usually 2.7 million. Once a week.

Sun circulation as of Feb this year: 1,206,595. But the paper comes out daily, doesn't it? Online figures are sketchier. But in 2019, they got 33.9 million unique visitors in July. Added up, that surely means way more people read the Sun than watch QT.

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun. I didn’t know ppl still read the sun anymore I’d of thought more ppl wach question time

The mail online is one if the most read websites around I read somewhere."

I get news feeds from the Mail.

Apparently we are kicking the EUs backsides and they are against the ropes.

All my other news feeds say we are out cold on the canvas.

I just think there is an issue when a big chunk of the population believe what they read on the front page of the sun. I didn’t know ppl still read the sun anymore I’d of thought more ppl wach question time

All my other news feeds say we are out cold on the canvas."

In the event of a shortage, the physical copy of the Mail works great as toilet paper. So it has some use.

ROMFORD

In the event of a shortage, the physical copy of the Mail works great as toilet paper. So it has some use."

Better choice than the Guardian.

If you used that you'll end up having more shit on your arse than when you started.!

In the event of a shortage, the physical copy of the Mail works great as toilet paper. So it has some use.

If you used that you'll end up having more shit on your arse than when you started.! "

You seem to have been misinformed. I wonder if you read the Mail.

From wiki:

"There is consensus that the Daily Mail (including its online version, MailOnline) is generally unreliable, and its use as a reference is generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist. As a result, the Daily Mail should not be used for determining notability, nor should it be used as a source in articles. "

Wiki basically banned the Mail as a source.

Also from wiki:

"There is consensus that The Guardian is generally reliable. "

ROMFORD

If you used that you'll end up having more shit on your arse than when you started.!

From wiki:

"There is consensus that the Daily Mail (including its online version, MailOnline) is generally unreliable, and its use as a reference is generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist. As a result, the Daily Mail should not be used for determining notability, nor should it be used as a source in articles. "

Also from wiki:

"There is consensus that The Guardian is generally reliable. ""

More fake news, not surprised from you though.

You seemed to have left out something.

The Daily Mail has won a number of awards, including receiving the National Newspaper of the Year award from the British Press Awards eight times since 1995, winning again in 2019.

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

The Daily Mail has won a number of awards, including receiving the National Newspaper of the Year award from the British Press Awards eight times since 1995, winning again in 2019."

Nope it wasn't fake news. The quotes I gave you were from wiki. That was why they banned the Mail as a source.

It's bizarre that you like to call "fake news" while you seem to trust the Mail.

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

The Daily Mail has won a number of awards, including receiving the National Newspaper of the Year award from the British Press Awards eight times since 1995, winning again in 2019.

Nope it wasn't fake news. The quotes I gave you were from wiki. That was why they banned the Mail as a source."

You even mis quote wiki after you posted what they actually say.

They use the words 'generally prohibited' and not banned.

Please stick to the facts and not write what you want it to say.

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Nope it wasn't fake news. The quotes I gave you were from wiki. That was why they banned the Mail as a source.

Please stick to the facts and not write what you want it to say."

This is actually funny. They say prohibited, yes. And what does prohibited mean?

Look it up if you want...

Synonym for prohibited = banned.

And it's even funnier you ask me to report the facts after I did. It's funnier again you make such an argument in defence of the Daily Mail.

ROMFORD

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

This is actually funny. They say prohibited, yes. And what does prohibited mean?

And it's even funnier you ask me to report the facts after I did. It's funnier again you make such an argument in defence of the Daily Mail."

You seem to constantly miss out the word generally.

Have you got a problem with reading the actually quote?

Generally = in most cases; usually.

That's different from total.

Funny thing is I actually believe you don't understand the difference.!

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

And it's even funnier you ask me to report the facts after I did. It's funnier again you make such an argument in defence of the Daily Mail.

You seem to constantly miss out the word generally.

Have you got a problem with reading the actually quote?

Generally = in most cases; usually.

That's different from total.

Funny thing is I actually believe you don't understand the difference.!"

Doesn't really matter what I say, does it? You're happy to believe lies while calling anything else fake news. You've shown that already.

Might as well go real fake news, I guess. Did you read about that flying donkey that shits custard? It made a right mess of Brighton.

liverpool

Tbf if I want a right wing ignorant racist xenophobic middle class perspective the mail is my go to source.

redcar

Back to the original post and not the drivel coming from a certain blur tinted bloke arguing with himself.

Boris on the TV last night - addressing the nation - did he appear to be putting out mixed messages again, from the clips i saw this a.m i think he was & sliding away from his apologetic stance earlier......

redcar

" blue tinted glasses " sorry mt dyslexia again - not blur - but then again a blur does appear now and then......

redcar

Agreed hutz the mail does stur up racism and that is a FACT & shocking - the amount of times i listen to old chaps going on and on what the mail has said,

"Might as well go real fake news, I guess. Did you read about that flying donkey that shits custard? It made a right mess of Brighton."

Yup. Read about it in the Guardian

Just kidding.

Isn't fake news what Trump says when a live broadcast seen by millions of people is claimed to be a fabrication?

"Back to the original post and not the drivel coming from a certain blur tinted bloke arguing with himself.

Boris on the TV last night - addressing the nation - did he appear to be putting out mixed messages again, from the clips i saw this a.m i think he was & sliding away from his apologetic stance earlier......"

He said those not wearing masks would get a £200 fine. And while this was being explained to us we saw people leaving Number 10. None wearing masks...

redcar

The word fake is only used by people who for some skewed reason defend & like trump - as the word describes himself - the dictionary should state the word,

Fake - Donald Trump -

and when they can not defend anything with reason facts & truth. They use fake ..

Only the other day the chief justices death in the U.S ?

Claiming & yet another fkn lie that what she said on her death bed to her family - was fake news.

This excuse of a human being he is......

Boris has used trumps methods too on us - deflection - slogans and sadly for s outright lies.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Back to the original post and not the drivel coming from a certain blur tinted bloke arguing with himself.

Boris on the TV last night - addressing the nation - did he appear to be putting out mixed messages again, from the clips i saw this a.m i think he was & sliding away from his apologetic stance earlier......

He said those not wearing masks would get a £200 fine. And while this was being explained to us we saw people leaving Number 10. None wearing masks..."

Do you have to wear masks now at work or in the street?

I’ve been working from home too long to tell now.

ROMFORD

"Tbf if I want a right wing ignorant racist xenophobic middle class perspective the mail is my go to source."

However the Labour Party are the party being investigated by the EHRC.!

redcar

"Tbf if I want a right wing ignorant racist xenophobic middle class perspective the mail is my go to source.

However the Labour Party are the party being investigated by the EHRC.!"

Back to the OP ! - we are talking about this governments reaction to the pandemic good and bad

"Tbf if I want a right wing ignorant racist xenophobic middle class perspective the mail is my go to source.

What has that go to do with the Daily Mail

By *andm288Couple  over a year ago

oxford

Personally Boris could of done better but hindsight is a wonderful thing

But let’s give him a break the whole works is suffering from this some countries have gone down a different path

He should learn to keep quiet instead of promising the earth over test and trace

That’s my personal view but no doubt will get slated for it

ROMFORD

Back to the OP ! - we are talking about this governments reaction to the pandemic good and bad "

Ok back to the OP.

I think you will find fault with whatever the government do.

For example.

At the beginning the government was slated for the UK not testing people on par with the Germans.

Now the UK is testing more people than the Germans but still slating testing and saying they don't care if the UK is testing more people than the Germans.

It's a no win situation.

liverpool

The labour party is more racist than the daily mail.

You heard it here 1st.

Back to the OP ! - we are talking about this governments reaction to the pandemic good and bad

Ok back to the OP.

For example.

At the beginning the government was slated for the UK not testing people on par with the Germans.

Now the UK is testing more people than the Germans but still slating testing and saying they don't care if the UK is testing more people than the Germans.

It's a no win situation."

People are still slating testing probably because it's all on paper and not actually happening.

I think Joe Soap off the street could have handled this better.

liverpool

And ks needs to get his shit together and stop Johnson getting away with calling with the NHS testing system.

in Lancashire

Ok back to the OP.

For example.

It's a no win situation."

How else should people react when they can't get tests for one child and therefore have to keep other children off school also and isolate themselves so miss work..

People asking in Aberdeen being told to go to Twickenham, people asking in another part of west London being hd to go to Inverness..

It's a complete mess and Harding should have been sacked after what she said to the select committee but then she's a friend of Hancock etc so the sheer incompetence is ignored and Hancock subsequently blames the public ..

Under any administration this is a farce..

redcar

I think for Boris & Dido - to say they did not expect / the numbers of people wanting more tests, is surely an outright lie.

To say this is very strange - just when all the schools / colleges have gone back. ? cue dido

Even bob the barber knew that this would happen let alone the chief health/medical expert dido harding

liverpool

The only thing ever given in evidence supporting them is furlough..which I agree was the right thing to do.

What people forget though is they literally had no choice.Imagine telling millions of people you are not going to be paid for 6 months?There would be utter chaos.

Plus of course the money will be recouped in tax rises.

So hardly Robin hood.

Ok back to the OP.

For example.

It's a no win situation.

How else should people react when they can't get tests for one child and therefore have to keep other children off school also and isolate themselves so miss work..

People asking in Aberdeen being told to go to Twickenham, people asking in another part of west London being hd to go to Inverness..

It's a complete mess and Harding should have been sacked after what she said to the select committee but then she's a friend of Hancock etc so the sheer incompetence is ignored and Hancock subsequently blames the public ..

Under any administration this is a farce.."

Yes I saw Starmer had Johnson talking bullshit at 100mph in the PMQs.

I am reminded of the Shakespearen quote "thou talkest much and sayeth nothing"

milton keynes

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Nope it wasn't fake news. The quotes I gave you were from wiki. That was why they banned the Mail as a source."

What caused wiki to ban the mail. Was it a particular article? Who decides such action

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

What caused wiki to ban the mail. Was it a particular article? Who decides such action"

I think it was that story about the flying donkey that shits custard. I mentioned it earlier on the thread.

milton keynes

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

What caused wiki to ban the mail. Was it a particular article? Who decides such action

I think it was that story about the flying donkey that shits custard. I mentioned it earlier on the thread."

There was a story about a flying donkey?

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

I think it was that story about the flying donkey that shits custard. I mentioned it earlier on the thread.

There was a story about a flying donkey?"

Hahahahahaha

milton keynes

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha"

So what did earn the ban

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

So what did earn the ban"

Flying donkey. Custard. Clearly.

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha"

Now I know how rumours start. Soon it will get it's own thread.

milton keynes

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

So what did earn the ban

Flying donkey. Custard. Clearly."

Please post the link. Could do with a laugh after a tough day

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

Now I know how rumours start. Soon it will get it's own thread. "

Don't tempt me hahaha

milton keynes

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

Don't tempt me hahaha"

There must be a genuine reason

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

Don't tempt me hahaha

There must be a genuine reason"

For the flying donkey shitting custard? Maybe he douched with loads of custard then took off before it had all drained out. Hence the custardy disaster.

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

Don't tempt me hahaha"

Probably get too big in the space of an hour... I can even see a Flying, Custard Shitting Donkey II thread... in fact it could go longer than the BBW thread...

milton keynes

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

Don't tempt me hahaha

For the flying donkey shitting custard? Maybe he douched with loads of custard then took off before it had all drained out. Hence the custardy disaster."

My mistake I assumed there was some valid reason for the ban. Will leave you and your donkey to it

From wiki:

Also from wiki:

Hahahahahaha

Don't tempt me hahaha

For the flying donkey shitting custard? Maybe he douched with loads of custard then took off before it had all drained out. Hence the custardy disaster."

Is it wrong that I got just a little turned on by this?

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

We are not Sweden though, the population spread is different, the amount of fucktards is more, the leadership is pathetic at best over here.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

But the bottom line is that this country has the worst record on covid than any other European country, so these clowns should have the decency to take responsibility and admit they have managed this crisis badly. By doing so, they would regain a bit of respect and credibility. "

Its nice to know we can beat the rest of Europe at something

» Add a new message to this topic