FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Anyone regret voting Tory?

Anyone regret voting Tory?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otyouraverageABC OP   Man  over a year ago

Southeast

Seeing that the billionaires own the majority of the press, and therefore have direct access to the populace, it isn't surprising that they would get the people to vote for the party that best suit their interests. Even though Boris and Co who complain that they can't survive on £150k per year and have consistently mocked the working classes, seeing anyone not in their circle as thick ' losers'

But are people starting to wake up and smell the coffee yet?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Seeing that the billionaires own the majority of the press, and therefore have direct access to the populace, it isn't surprising that they would get the people to vote for the party that best suit their interests. Even though Boris and Co who complain that they can't survive on £150k per year and have consistently mocked the working classes, seeing anyone not in their circle as thick ' losers'

But are people starting to wake up and smell the coffee yet? "

Get Brexit done innit?

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Im very much regretting that they voted Tory !!

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

No - but only because I never have.

By *iker BullMan  over a year ago

leeds

Nope,,the alternative was worse

liverpool

"Nope,,the alternative was worse"

In what way exactly?

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

No and will never ever regret voting Tory because I never have and never will. You just have to look at the sleazy self serving lot and look at how they are giving billions in contracts to the companies they have a hand in and the taxpayer gets very little fro those contracts, corruption at the highest level.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

The alternative was worse? have you just landed from Mars today?

By *exy couple128Couple  over a year ago

Scarborough

More crap from the looney left!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"More crap from the looney left! "

Wow. Such a convincing argument that addresses the topic so well.

Yet again, I find it bizzare that certain people don't get annoyed at those in charge who blatantly lied to them and are fucking them over. Instead, these people get annoyed at the other side.

(Bizarre not "bizzare". What a bizarre typo.)

I've never seen corruption and bare faced lies from a UK Government on the scale we have now in my lifetime.

I don't think I'll ever vote Conservative again.

liverpool

Articulate and concise as usual

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Nope,,the alternative was worse

In what way exactly?"

because we would of been stuck with Corbyn if labour voters had faith in him labour would of won

liverpool

In what way exactly? because we would of been stuck with Corbyn if labour voters had faith in him labour would of won "

So..in what way would have that been worse?

thornaby

In what way exactly? because we would of been stuck with Corbyn if labour voters had faith in him labour would of won

So..in what way would have that been worse?"

in what way would it of been better then what would he have done different about Covid and brexit ?

liverpool

In what way exactly? because we would of been stuck with Corbyn if labour voters had faith in him labour would of won

So..in what way would have that been worse? in what way would it of been better then what would he have done different about Covid and brexit ?"

That's not an answer.

The poster said we would be worse off under labour.

I asked in what ways exactly?

thornaby

So..in what way would have that been worse? in what way would it of been better then what would he have done different about Covid and brexit ?

That's not an answer.

I asked in what ways exactly?"

sorry it’s not an answer as yours isn’t an answer to mine because it’s impossible to answer isn’t it I can guess tho I’d guess lockdown with pubs and shops would of lasted longer the north would of been in a more severe lockdown than London overseas travel totally banned and Brexit all but cancelled but like I said it can only be a guess at best

liverpool

So..in what way would have that been worse? in what way would it of been better then what would he have done different about Covid and brexit ?

That's not an answer.

I asked in what ways exactly? sorry it’s not an answer as yours isn’t an answer to mine because it’s impossible to answer isn’t it I can guess tho I’d guess lockdown with pubs and shops would of lasted longer the north would of been in a more severe lockdown than London overseas travel totally banned and Brexit all but cancelled but like I said it can only be a guess at best "

So the poster was chatting shite in other words?

thornaby

That's not an answer.

I asked in what ways exactly? sorry it’s not an answer as yours isn’t an answer to mine because it’s impossible to answer isn’t it I can guess tho I’d guess lockdown with pubs and shops would of lasted longer the north would of been in a more severe lockdown than London overseas travel totally banned and Brexit all but cancelled but like I said it can only be a guess at best

So the poster was chatting shite in other words?"

sorry I was replying to you you asked for an exactly like I said at best can only give you a guess atleast I answered you you didn’t answer mine ?

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Seeing that the billionaires own the majority of the press, and therefore have direct access to the populace, it isn't surprising that they would get the people to vote for the party that best suit their interests. Even though Boris and Co who complain that they can't survive on £150k per year and have consistently mocked the working classes, seeing anyone not in their circle as thick ' losers'

But are people starting to wake up and smell the coffee yet? "

No do not regret it

liverpool

That's not an answer.

I asked in what ways exactly? sorry it’s not an answer as yours isn’t an answer to mine because it’s impossible to answer isn’t it I can guess tho I’d guess lockdown with pubs and shops would of lasted longer the north would of been in a more severe lockdown than London overseas travel totally banned and Brexit all but cancelled but like I said it can only be a guess at best

So the poster was chatting shite in other words? sorry I was replying to you you asked for an exactly like I said at best can only give you a guess atleast I answered you you didn’t answer mine ?"

Like you said no one knows.

It's irrelevant at best.

thornaby

That's not an answer.

So the poster was chatting shite in other words? sorry I was replying to you you asked for an exactly like I said at best can only give you a guess atleast I answered you you didn’t answer mine ?

It's irrelevant at best.

"

so you asked an irrelevant question then great lol

liverpool

That's not an answer.

So the poster was chatting shite in other words? sorry I was replying to you you asked for an exactly like I said at best can only give you a guess atleast I answered you you didn’t answer mine ?

It's irrelevant at best.

so you asked an irrelevant question then great lol "

The poster said we would have been worse under labour

I asked him to back this up.

You said it was impossible to answer.

I didnt ask any questions apart from asking him to back up his statement.

thornaby

That's not an answer.

It's irrelevant at best.

I didnt ask any questions apart from asking him to back up his statement. "

ok no probs I was just interested in yr guess what would of been different under corbyn that’s all

liverpool

That's not an answer.

It's irrelevant at best.

I didnt ask any questions apart from asking him to back up his statement. ok no probs I was just interested in yr guess what would of been different under corbyn that’s all "

Its hard to say because it's totally theoretical.

Probably less ppe scandal?

thornaby

That's not an answer.

It's irrelevant at best.

I didnt ask any questions apart from asking him to back up his statement. ok no probs I was just interested in yr guess what would of been different under corbyn that’s all

Its hard to say because it's totally theoretical.

Probably less ppe scandal?"

ye agree with that

liverpool

Furlough money would probably have been recouped in a different way

thornaby

"Furlough money would probably have been recouped in a different way"
probably

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

I think many do regret it, particularly former Labour voters in the North as they felt leaving the EU was under threat so vote for the best chance to make sure it happened. Everyone else is simply too proud to admit that they made a bad decision. The whole "anything's better than Corbyn" argument is lazy. A decision based in fear rather than facts.

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

The biggest political lie I've heard in my life came from the Labour government. Sadam Hussain allegedly had WMDs that could be fired within 30 minutes.

Tony Blair committed war crimes against inocent human beings by taking us into war.

The tory lies seem small scale by comparison.

But Lie is still a Lie at the end of the day!

liverpool

"The biggest political lie I've heard in my life came from the Labour government. Sadam Hussain allegedly had WMDs that could be fired within 30 minutes.

Tony Blair committed war crimes against inocent human beings by taking us into war.

The tory lies seem small scale by comparison.

But Lie is still a Lie at the end of the day! "

He should have faced the music.

Fuck all to do with what's going on today.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Con/Lab used to be almost polar opposites now it’s just greedy self serving b’stards or greedier self serving b’stards.

Just look back at former cabinet members & leaders of both sides, look at what they arrived with & what they left office with & where they “Work” now.

You can’t shout abuse at the Tories about jobs for the boys & NHS cuts when the biggest crook of them all & his Mrs set up PFI hospitals & promptly got themselves a company & contract to run one costing the NHS many times over what it should have & earning them personally a couple of million a year!!

It’s not one side or the other that’s the issue, it’s all of them. The whole system needs drastic change & soon imo.

S

liverpool

"Con/Lab used to be almost polar opposites now it’s just greedy self serving b’stards or greedier self serving b’stards.

Just look back at former cabinet members & leaders of both sides, look at what they arrived with & what they left office with & where they “Work” now.

You can’t shout abuse at the Tories about jobs for the boys & NHS cuts when the biggest crook of them all & his Mrs set up PFI hospitals & promptly got themselves a company & contract to run one costing the NHS many times over what it should have & earning them personally a couple of million a year!!

It’s not one side or the other that’s the issue, it’s all of them. The whole system needs drastic change & soon imo.

S"

When labour moved left they got decimated.

thornaby

"I think many do regret it, particularly former Labour voters in the North as they felt leaving the EU was under threat so vote for the best chance to make sure it happened. Everyone else is simply too proud to admit that they made a bad decision. The whole "anything's better than Corbyn" argument is lazy. A decision based in fear rather than facts."
see a guy from London thinking he knows how the ppl of the north think ffs mate you will never know how we think i the difference is like the moon and Mars that’s the north amd the south I lol

Two kinds of people vote Tory: Wealthy or foolish. If you’re not sure which one you are, have a look at your bank account.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Con/Lab used to be almost polar opposites now it’s just greedy self serving b’stards or greedier self serving b’stards.

S"

Definitely this !

thornaby

"Two kinds of people vote Tory: Wealthy or foolish. If you’re not sure which one you are, have a look at your bank account."
I just did it’s no didfrent my wage asnt altered as yrs ? Same tax same n tax same pension ?

London

"I think many do regret it, particularly former Labour voters in the North as they felt leaving the EU was under threat so vote for the best chance to make sure it happened. Everyone else is simply too proud to admit that they made a bad decision. The whole "anything's better than Corbyn" argument is lazy. A decision based in fear rather than facts.

see a guy from London thinking he knows how the ppl of the north think ffs mate you will never know how we think i the difference is like the moon and Mars that’s the north amd the south I lol "

There's enough evidence in the last election to make a sound conclusion. Plus, I have friends up north and in some of the seats that went blue. You've simply made the assumption that people don't talk or travel outside of their home areas. Also, most of those former "red wall" seats voted to leave. Coincidence?

I stand behind "anything but Corbyn"

argument being lazy, particularly as Johnson is clearly underperforming.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Two kinds of people vote Tory: Wealthy or foolish. If you’re not sure which one you are, have a look at your bank account."

An attitude that helps the Tories get elected time and time again

On the thread topic: people generally don't like to admit to being wrong. Tell them they were wrong, they'll dig their heels in even more. They'll try and insist they were actually right or that you're wrong or that the moon's made of cheese. Anything at all apart from admitting to being wrong.

liverpool

"Two kinds of people vote Tory: Wealthy or foolish. If you’re not sure which one you are, have a look at your bank account.

An attitude that helps the Tories get elected time and time again"

Do you think the Tories represent working people?

Or do you think they have at heart the interests of the wealthy?

"Two kinds of people vote Tory: Wealthy or foolish. If you’re not sure which one you are, have a look at your bank account.

Or do you think they have at heart the interests of the wealthy?"

I predict the answer given to this will be along the lines of: "what about Labour and Corbyn? It's all their fault!"

Or maybe the question will be ignored.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

You do like asking questions rather than answering a question don't you Lionel. Lol

thornaby

"I think many do regret it, particularly former Labour voters in the North as they felt leaving the EU was under threat so vote for the best chance to make sure it happened. Everyone else is simply too proud to admit that they made a bad decision. The whole "anything's better than Corbyn" argument is lazy. A decision based in fear rather than facts.

see a guy from London thinking he knows how the ppl of the north think ffs mate you will never know how we think i the difference is like the moon and Mars that’s the north amd the south I lol

There's enough evidence in the last election to make a sound conclusion. Plus, I have friends up north and in some of the seats that went blue. You've simply made the assumption that people don't talk or travel outside of their home areas. Also, most of those former "red wall" seats voted to leave. Coincidence?

"

like I said you don’t know the north and never will they voted Because if there’s fucked upped stance on brexit

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 00:39:54]

You do like asking questions rather than answering a question don't you Lionel. Lol

"

The question was ignored. I guessed right.

I voted Labour, wanted change,.

milton keynes

If you read again I did not mention who stands for what I pointed out the attitude that helps the Tories win. I did not mention Corbyn either before I'm asked as he is irrelevant

liverpool

If you read again I did not mention who stands for what I pointed out the attitude that helps the Tories win. I did not mention Corbyn either before I'm asked as he is irrelevant"

I know.. it was a general question..who do you think the tories represent?

liverpool

"

Which question?

If you read again I did not mention who stands for what I pointed out the attitude that helps the Tories win. I did not mention Corbyn either before I'm asked as he is irrelevant"

You did a great job of ignoring the question. As I prdeicted earlier on.

(Cursed typo.)

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

If I voted Labour my bank account would be worse off, does that make me foolish for voting Tory ?

London

like I said you don’t know the north and never will they voted Because if there’s fucked upped stance on brexit "

umm that's what I said.

Wow..

like I said you don’t know the north and never will they voted Because if there’s fucked upped stance on brexit

umm that's what I said.

Wow.. "

Hahahaha I wonder if foxy will ever realise.

By *ala12345TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

If people don’t regret it, they aren’t paying attention.

If I voted Labour my bank account would be worse off, does that make me foolish for voting Tory ? "

You must be in the top 1% then, which makes you wealthy.

An attitude that helps the Tories get elected time and time again"

Did you check your account and realise you’re not on the wealthy side of the equation?

By *lbethereMan  over a year ago

Manchester

What would of happened if Labour got in?

milton keynes

If you read again I did not mention who stands for what I pointed out the attitude that helps the Tories win. I did not mention Corbyn either before I'm asked as he is irrelevant

You did a great job of ignoring the question. As I prdeicted earlier on. "

I posted my comment in regards to the the posters attitude. I can do that without answering people's questions

milton keynes

Did you check your account and realise you’re not on the wealthy side of the equation?"

I'm not sure of what is the General perception of wealthy these days but suspect I am in neither camp you describe

"What would of happened if Labour got in? "

Earlier lockdown, fewer deaths, a second referendum on accepting the tories Brexit deal or remaining in the EU. No border round Kent, that kind of thing.

liverpool

If I voted Labour my bank account would be worse off, does that make me foolish for voting Tory ? "

No because you are presumably wealthy?

cheshunt

If I voted Labour my bank account would be worse off, does that make me foolish for voting Tory ?

You must be in the top 1% then, which makes you wealthy. "

I’m not in the top 1% but I do earn over £80k so why would I vote for something that makes me worse off, maybe I am a fool

cheshunt

No because you are presumably wealthy?"

Depends what you class as wealthy or perhaps I am a fool

Typical response from the racist right

I’m not in the top 1% but I do earn over £80k so why would I vote for something that makes me worse off, maybe I am a fool "

Not a fool, but maybe your selfish

I’m not in the top 1% but I do earn over £80k so why would I vote for something that makes me worse off, maybe I am a fool "

I earn just a touch under that myself, but accept that I can afford to lose some if it benefits the country and those who need it most.

I grew up poor and don’t have any intention of pulling up the ladder behind me.

cheshunt

I’m not in the top 1% but I do earn over £80k so why would I vote for something that makes me worse off, maybe I am a fool

Not a fool, but maybe your selfish "

Yeah I’d agree, I don’t know many people who’d vote for something that would make them worse off

Yeah I’d agree, I don’t know many people who’d vote for something that would make them worse off"

Not everything is measured with cash.

Yeah I’d agree, I don’t know many people who’d vote for something that would make them worse off"

A lot of people voted for something that will likely make them worse off.

So your decision to vote Tory was totally driven by money?

Yeah I’d agree, I don’t know many people who’d vote for something that would make them worse off

A lot of people voted for something that will likely make them worse off. "

Indeed, real-term income has fallen for the vast majority in the U.K. since 2010.

By *ammisuxTV/TS  over a year ago

Uxbridge

S

Definitely this ! "

The most sensible non Partizan comment I've seen on this thread. The conservatives are not conservative, labour have moved so far left that they left half the country behind. They are all as bad as each other and until we can move away from a two party system we will see no real appreciable change for the better.

milton keynes

Surprised to see it as low as £80k earnings to be wealthy. Wealth is not just earnings as that can stop suddenly. I would also considered assets in regards to someone's wealth

S

Definitely this !

The most sensible non Partizan comment I've seen on this thread. The conservatives are not conservative, labour have moved so far left that they left half the country behind. They are all as bad as each other and until we can move away from a two party system we will see no real appreciable change for the better."

Starmer’s labour are centre left.

liverpool

Depends what you class as wealthy or perhaps I am a fool "

I'd say 80k a year was wealthy.

How much worse off would you have been,?

liverpool

You realise that money would go towards things like the nhs?

liverpool

A lot of people voted for something that will likely make them worse off. "

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

The most sensible non Partizan comment I've seen on this thread. The conservatives are not conservative, labour have moved so far left that they left half the country behind. They are all as bad as each other and until we can move away from a two party system we will see no real appreciable change for the better."

Literally Makes no sense.

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

The most sensible non Partizan comment I've seen on this thread. The conservatives are not conservative, labour have moved so far left that they left half the country behind. They are all as bad as each other and until we can move away from a two party system we will see no real appreciable change for the better.

Starmer’s labour are centre left. "

We dont know what his policies are yet.

They will move to the left.

Corbyn was centre left.

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left."

Judging by the zoom chats I have had at ‘conference’ this year, I’d say we’re looking very much at a centre left party.

milton keynes

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

Judging by the zoom chats I have had at ‘conference’ this year, I’d say we’re looking very much at a centre left party."

Starmer centre left or Corbyn? I guess it can be both if he continues from where corbyn left but thought he wanted to change the party

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

Judging by the zoom chats I have had at ‘conference’ this year, I’d say we’re looking very much at a centre left party."

Have to see.I think he will move away from some of Corbyn policies (the 80k threshold has already been mentioned)

cheshunt

How much worse off would you have been,?"

I don’t class myself as wealthy, I have a good life but I work long hours (60-70hrs p/w). I don’t know exactly how much worse of I’d have been as my income varies but Labour wanted to rise the rate to 45% for anyone earning over £80k.

I don’t class myself as wealthy, I have a good life but I work long hours (60-70hrs p/w). I don’t know exactly how much worse of I’d have been as my income varies but Labour wanted to rise the rate to 45% for anyone earning over £80k.

"

So on any earnings over 80k you’d pay an extra 5%

How much would that amount to, extra?

"

Should public services be funded properly by govt?

cheshunt

You realise that money would go towards things like the nhs?"

I’m well aware of where my taxes, i just don’t want to pay anymore.

liverpool

"

Isnt it currently 40%?

liverpool

"

I'd say 80k was wealthy personally.

cheshunt

How much would that amount to, extra?"

Based on last year it would be approx £450 hence my post saying I’d be worse off

liverpool

You realise that money would go towards things like the nhs?

I’m well aware of where my taxes, i just don’t want to pay anymore.

"

Toryism is a nutshell.

You earn a decent living and dont want to pay a penny more in tax.

That's fair enough.Thats the conservatives core demographic.

Based on last year it would be approx £450 hence my post saying I’d be worse off "

I wonder if you’re more than £450 worse off in real terms since 2010.

cheshunt

Because I choose to work long hours I should pay more tax, maybe I should work less hours and I won’t need t worry about the tax rise.

liverpool

"Because I choose to work long hours I should pay more tax, maybe I should work less hours and I won’t need t worry about the tax rise. "

No because you choose to earn more money.

You either believe in a dairy tax system or you don't.

"Because I choose to work long hours I should pay more tax, maybe I should work less hours and I won’t need t worry about the tax rise. "

That’s a trade off anyone has to think about. I personally recommend working as few hours as you can and having a life that doesn’t revolve around work, myself - No point being the richest fella in the graveyard.

cheshunt

Based on last year it would be approx £450 hence my post saying I’d be worse off

I wonder if you’re more than £450 worse off in real terms since 2010."

How do you mean?

How do you mean?

"

Since the tories took power in 2010 real-terms wealth is down for everyone except the privileged few at the top of the tree.

‘The party of the economy‘ has made us all worse off.

cheshunt

"Because I choose to work long hours I should pay more tax, maybe I should work less hours and I won’t need t worry about the tax rise.

That’s a trade off anyone has to think about. I personally recommend working as few hours as you can and having a life that doesn’t revolve around work, myself - No point being the richest fella in the graveyard."

Yeah I agree 100%, I’d like to work less hours but I’d earn less. I won’t be the richest guy in the graveyard, as you say it’s a trade off, this works best for me at the moment.

liverpool

How do you mean?

Since the tories took power in 2010 real-terms wealth is down for everyone except the privileged few at the top of the tree.

‘The party of the economy‘ has made us all worse off."

I'm sure that will improve post brexit.

milton keynes

That is a problem for many. If they work harder and longer they can be penalised so some choose not to do that and the tax intake goes down. Those who are more wealthy sometimes move money around to avoid it again reducing the intake

thornaby

"Because I choose to work long hours I should pay more tax, maybe I should work less hours and I won’t need t worry about the tax rise.

That’s a trade off anyone has to think about. I personally recommend working as few hours as you can and having a life that doesn’t revolve around work, myself - No point being the richest fella in the graveyard."

exactly quality of life is key

I'd say 80k was wealthy personally."

I don't think 80k is wealthy really, in fact it's quite possible for someone on 80k to be struggling financially if they have a lot of high outgoings. Nice house and car for instance.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly isn't poor, and I don't feel particularly sorry for anyone who gets themselves into that situation, but what I'd class as wealthy would be someone who has enough money to never have to worry about it again.

Multi millionaires and billionaires can easily afford to pay more tax, and they'd never actually miss it, but I think that it's a case of the more you have, the more you want, with many of them.

liverpool

I don't think 80k is wealthy really, in fact it's quite possible for someone on 80k to be struggling financially if they have a lot of high outgoings. Nice house and car for instance.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly isn't poor, and I don't feel particularly sorry for anyone who gets themselves into that situation, but what I'd class as wealthy would be someone who has enough money to never have to worry about it again.

Multi millionaires and billionaires can easily afford to pay more tax, and they'd never actually miss it, but I think that it's a case of the more you have, the more you want, with many of them."

Its all about perspective bit I'd say you could have a decent standard of living on 80k a year.

I think labour were proposing the ones earning above 120k to be taxed heaviest.

milton keynes

Multi millionaires and billionaires can easily afford to pay more tax, and they'd never actually miss it, but I think that it's a case of the more you have, the more you want, with many of them.

Its all about perspective bit I'd say you could have a decent standard of living on 80k a year.

I think labour were proposing the ones earning above 120k to be taxed heaviest."

On QT before the last GE an audience member said they were on just over 80k and asked if they were in the top 5 percent to see a tax rise. The answer came back as yes. Not sure if there was yet another band to be introduced at 120k

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

I dunno. Maybe you might happen to realise that life is about more than just your own bank balance. And that having a functioning public services, schools, society, etc around you is actually quite helpful.

But that’s just me.

-Matt

liverpool

I think labour were proposing the ones earning above 120k to be taxed heaviest.

On QT before the last GE an audience member said they were on just over 80k and asked if they were in the top 5 percent to see a tax rise. The answer came back as yes. Not sure if there was yet another band to be introduced at 120k "

I remember.He was a fucking moron.

Yep I think it was proposed to be in 3 bands.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 19:00:46]

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 19:03:58]

"Interesting but it sums up the me, me, me society we live in. My wife and my salary combined are in the region of 160k and we vote Labour. Never will we vote for a party that promotes selfishness, intolerance and inequality in the way the tories do. We vote for a party whose aim is to make society fairer and that tries to minimise the number of people who are left aside. I don’t need to vote for a party that is going to make us more well off. We have enough human values to think about other people than just ourselves"

liverpool

"Interesting but it sums up the me, me, me society we live in. My wife and my salary combined are in the region of 160k and we vote Labour. Never will we vote for a party that promotes selfishness, intolerance and inequality in the way the tories do. We vote for a party whose aim is to make society fairer and that tries to minimise the number of people who are left aside. I don’t need to vote for a party that is going to make us more well off. We have enough human values to think about other people than just ourselves"

At least he is being honest.

Thatcherism has always appealed to 'I'm ok fuck everyone else attitude

It's people who are struggling who vote tory baffle me.

Bristol

Interesting but it sums up the me, me, me society we live in. My wife and my salary combined are in the region of 160k and we vote Labour. Never will we vote for a party that promotes selfishness, intolerance and inequality in the way the tories do. We vote for a party whose aim is to make society fairer and that tries to minimise the number of people who are left aside. I don’t need to vote for a party that is going to make us more well off. We have enough human values to think about other people than just ourselves

Bristol

"Interesting but it sums up the me, me, me society we live in. My wife and my salary combined are in the region of 160k and we vote Labour. Never will we vote for a party that promotes selfishness, intolerance and inequality in the way the tories do. We vote for a party whose aim is to make society fairer and that tries to minimise the number of people who are left aside. I don’t need to vote for a party that is going to make us more well off. We have enough human values to think about other people than just ourselves

It's people who are struggling who vote tory baffle me."

Agreed.

People who do well and who vote Tory don’t really bother me. It’s the ones who get shafted by them but who vote conservative that puzzle me. They probably think that by voting Tory, they look middle class!

cheshunt

Multi millionaires and billionaires can easily afford to pay more tax, and they'd never actually miss it, but I think that it's a case of the more you have, the more you want, with many of them."

cheshunt

I dunno. Maybe you might happen to realise that life is about more than just your own bank balance. And that having a functioning public services, schools, society, etc around you is actually quite helpful.

But that’s just me.

-Matt"

We’re all different, it’s not about bank balance it’s about being able to do things I want to do. I don’t believe I should be penalised because I choose to work longer hours.

But that’s just me.

-Matt

We’re all different, it’s not about bank balance it’s about being able to do things I want to do. I don’t believe I should be penalised because I choose to work longer hours."

Reaching a higher tax band doesn’t penalise you, you still earn more money than you did previously.

liverpool

"Interesting but it sums up the me, me, me society we live in. My wife and my salary combined are in the region of 160k and we vote Labour. Never will we vote for a party that promotes selfishness, intolerance and inequality in the way the tories do. We vote for a party whose aim is to make society fairer and that tries to minimise the number of people who are left aside. I don’t need to vote for a party that is going to make us more well off. We have enough human values to think about other people than just ourselves

Agreed.

People who do well and who vote Tory don’t really bother me. It’s the ones who get shafted by them but who vote conservative that puzzle me. They probably think that by voting Tory, they look middle class! "

Think that's where the appeal to patriotism comes in.see Brexit.

liverpool

But that’s just me.

-Matt

We’re all different, it’s not about bank balance it’s about being able to do things I want to do. I don’t believe I should be penalised because I choose to work longer hours."

You are earning more money.

You think every single person should pay the same amount of tax?

Bristol

Agreed.

People who do well and who vote Tory don’t really bother me. It’s the ones who get shafted by them but who vote conservative that puzzle me. They probably think that by voting Tory, they look middle class!

Think that's where the appeal to patriotism comes in.see Brexit."

Yep and that is something that Starmer seems to have understood. Labour will have to be seen as more patriotic than it has been recently.

ROMFORD

Agreed.

Yep and that is something that Starmer seems to have understood. Labour will have to be seen as more patriotic than it has been recently. "

To be seen more patriotic or actually become more patriotic?

Agreed.

Yep and that is something that Starmer seems to have understood. Labour will have to be seen as more patriotic than it has been recently.

To be seen more patriotic or actually become more patriotic?"

Well people see Johnson and co. as patriotic despite them running the country into the ground (and to the point of breakup), so I’m not sure it matters.

liverpool

Agreed.

To be seen more patriotic or actually become more patriotic?

Well people see Johnson and co. as patriotic despite them running the country into the ground (and to the point of breakup), so I’m not sure it matters."

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 19:58:12]

Bristol

Agreed.

To be seen more patriotic or actually become more patriotic?"

It’s all about pretending this day. When you see where the Tories are taking this country and how much damage they are inflicting to the UK, I don’t think they are showing much patriotism. Bullshit, yes, Patriotism, no.

Uxbridge

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left."

You'd like to think he was centre left, he was further left and not very center at all, if he had genuinely been centre left he would not have lost as many votes as he did. Saying we don't know what Starmer stands for yet is odd given he's had the leadership 5 months already. I'd expect him.to have had some ideas by now.

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

You'd like to think he was centre left, he was further left and not very center at all, if he had genuinely been centre left he would not have lost as many votes as he did. Saying we don't know what Starmer stands for yet is odd given he's had the leadership 5 months already. I'd expect him.to have had some ideas by now."

Corbyn himself is personally quite far left - however Labour’s policies under Corbyn were what would be considered in progressive nations like those in Scandinavia as ‘moderate’

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

You'd like to think he was centre left, he was further left and not very center at all, if he had genuinely been centre left he would not have lost as many votes as he did. Saying we don't know what Starmer stands for yet is odd given he's had the leadership 5 months already. I'd expect him.to have had some ideas by now."

What were his far left policies?

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

You'd like to think he was centre left, he was further left and not very center at all, if he had genuinely been centre left he would not have lost as many votes as he did. Saying we don't know what Starmer stands for yet is odd given he's had the leadership 5 months already. I'd expect him.to have had some ideas by now.

Corbyn himself is personally quite far left - however Labour’s policies under Corbyn were what would be considered in progressive nations like those in Scandinavia as ‘moderate’"

Here they were considered marxist.

Uxbridge

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

What were his far left policies?"

1.He proposed to introduce “inclusive ownership funds”, which would seize 10 per cent of the shares in every big company in the UK and hand them to workers over a decade.

2.No public sector bosses will be allowed to earn more than 20 times their lowest-paid worker.

3. The introduction of a 32hr working week.

I could go on.

cheshunt

But that’s just me.

-Matt

We’re all different, it’s not about bank balance it’s about being able to do things I want to do. I don’t believe I should be penalised because I choose to work longer hours.

You think every single person should pay the same amount of tax?"

No I don’t believe everyone should pay the same amount of tax, my salary is high due to the amount of hours I work, If I worked 40hrs p/w and earned the same money I’d have no problem in paying the higher rate.

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

1.He proposed to introduce “inclusive ownership funds”, which would seize 10 per cent of the shares in every big company in the UK and hand them to workers over a decade.

2.No public sector bosses will be allowed to earn more than 20 times their lowest-paid worker.

I could go on.

"

So you think workers having shares in the company they work for, a more fairer pay system in the public sector and a shorter working week Is 'far left'?

Seriously?

liverpool

But that’s just me.

-Matt

No I don’t believe everyone should pay the same amount of tax, my salary is high due to the amount of hours I work, If I worked 40hrs p/w and earned the same money I’d have no problem in paying the higher rate. "

You work longer hours you get paid more?

I really dont see your argument.

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

So you think workers having shares in the company they work for, a more fairer pay system in the public sector and a shorter working week Is 'far left'?

Seriously?"

This country is so far right that yes, they seriously believe things like that are ‘far left’

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

Seriously?

This country is so far right that yes, they seriously believe things like that are ‘far left’ "

A shorter working week..far left.

Jesus christ.

Presumably we should all be doing 80 hour weeks with no breaks.

Uxbridge

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

Seriously?

This country is so far right that yes, they seriously believe things like that are ‘far left’

Jesus christ.

Presumably we should all be doing 80 hour weeks with no breaks."

I never said anything about doing 80 hours you are being ridiculous, that that was your suggestion.

Restricting the working week to 32Hrs max would be a far left policy. Also points 1 and 2 are far left. They are certainly not centrist or right leaning.

Try addressing the point rather than swinging to the ridiculous by bringing in an extreme point that was never made

Give me some examples of the UK being far right.

cheshunt

But that’s just me.

-Matt

No I don’t believe everyone should pay the same amount of tax, my salary is high due to the amount of hours I work, If I worked 40hrs p/w and earned the same money I’d have no problem in paying the higher rate.

I really dont see your argument. "

So because I work harder I should pay more tax, ok

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

Seriously?

Jesus christ.

I never said anything about doing 80 hours you are being ridiculous, that that was your suggestion.

Restricting the working week to 32Hrs max would be a far left policy. Also points 1 and 2 are far left. They are certainly not centrist or right leaning.

Try addressing the point rather than swinging to the ridiculous by bringing in an extreme point that was never made

Give me some examples of the UK being far right."

Is the working time directive ‘far left’, then?

Uxbridge

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

Seriously?

Jesus christ.

Is the working time directive ‘far left’, then?"

Don't change the subject, give me some examples of the UK being far right.

The working time directive is nonsense, every single company I have worked for since it was introduced have made me sign a disclaimer saying I am happy to work more off needed. It's not worth the paper it's written on and it isn't 32 hrs so your point is irrelevant.

Please do tell me how the UK is far right rather than deflecting.

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

Seriously?

Jesus christ.

Go home immigration vans. Govt. action/inaction over grenfell. Voter restriction attempts. Media/Govt. collusion. Tim Montgomerie and his desire to forge relationships with Orban’s Hungary. An MP courting Poland to vote down the EU’s Brexit agreement in an attempt to force ‘no deal’

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

Seriously?

Jesus christ.

Is the working time directive ‘far left’, then?

Don't change the subject, give me some examples of the UK being far right.

The working time directive is nonsense, every single company I have worked for since it was introduced have made me sign a disclaimer saying I am happy to work more off needed. It's not worth the paper it's written on and it isn't 32 hrs so your point is irrelevant.

Please do tell me how the UK is far right rather than deflecting."

If you’ve been forced to sign it, your companies have broken employment law. I presume you informed them of that?

But that’s just me.

-Matt

So because I work harder I should pay more tax, ok "

Yeah, are you being forced to work long hours?

Uxbridge

The companies being Hammersmith Council, Hillingdon council among them, every single company I have worked for since it's introduction.I'm guessing you work for local gov

You stated that the UK is far right, please expand or it is clear to me that you are not worth speaking with as you seem to answer a question with a question. We are not taking about the working time directive, that is a tool you have employed to change the subject while you make sweeping statents you can't back up. You asked me to give examples of far left policies, it would seem the electorate agreed that his manifesto was indeed too far left. Even Starmer has said he wishes to bring the party back to the centre but you try to pretend that Corbyn was not too left for the electorate.

I'm waiting..... Please do give examples of why the UK is far right

"The companies being Hammersmith Council, Hillingdon council among them, every single company I have worked for since it's introduction.I'm guessing you work for local gov

You stated that the UK is far right, please expand or it is clear to me that you are not worth speaking with as you seem to answer a question with a question. We are not taking about the working time directive, that is a tool you have employed to change the subject while you make sweeping statents you can't back up. You asked me to give examples of far left policies, it would seem the electorate agreed that his manifesto was indeed too far left. Even Starmer has said he wishes to bring the party back to the centre but you try to pretend that Corbyn was not too left for the electorate.

I'm waiting..... Please do give examples of why the UK is far right "

The UK isn’t far right but we currently have a right winged government

Uxbridge

"The companies being Hammersmith Council, Hillingdon council among them, every single company I have worked for since it's introduction.I'm guessing you work for local gov

The UK isn’t far right but we currently have a right winged government "

No we currently do not. We have a Conservative government which is providing wages for people during the Corona situation and subscribes to critical race theory and identity politics. These are not the actions of a right wing government.

liverpool

S

Definitely this !

Corbyn was centre left.

I could go on.

Seriously?

Jesus christ.

Here are some far left examples.

The state taking ownership of every single business.

Transferring wealth from the rich to the poor

Saying someone who earns 20 times more than someone else more than enough is not even remotely left wing.

Nor is having workers as shareholders.

I never said far right but I'd say their immigration polices,austerity,sanctions against benefit claimants,appeal to patriotism, increasing privatisation, selling off everything..are all examples of right of centre policies.

liverpool

But that’s just me.

-Matt

Are you saying you work harder than everyone else?

You realise some people have 2 jobs or more just to stay afloat?

No we currently do not. We have a Conservative government which is providing wages for people during the Corona situation and subscribes to critical race theory and identity politics. These are not the actions of a right wing government. "

No we don’t, this current Tory government are right winged.

liverpool

The examples of far left policies were utter nonsense.

Can you provide some genuine ones.

I work in the private sector, your radar isn’t very good at all.

The U.K. is increasingly right wing, and has a creeping far right problem (as does the US and much of europe). Johnson’s govt. is populist and has actively courted far right groups (including standing MP’s like Rees-Mogg and Daniel Kawczynski. This govt. jewel in the crown - Brexit, is a far right project started by UKIP and courted by people like Britain first and Yaxley-Lennon.

Deportations, hostility to minorities, attacking homeless and traveller communities, cheered on by loyalist followers without a care for their actions.

You may not think the U.K. is far right, but then you think that increasing workers rights is far left.

Uxbridge

No we currently do not. We have a Conservative government which is providing wages for people during the Corona situation and subscribes to critical race theory and identity politics. These are not the actions of a right wing government.

No we don’t, this current Tory government are right winged. "

Give me some current examples of their right wing policies. Simply stating they are right winged does not mean they are. Please give some examples.

liverpool

Banning journalists who dont toe the party line,doing nothing to address the grieving gap between rich and poor,doing nothing to address an increasing mortality rate in the north,widespread homeless,priority given to public school children in the recent exam scandal,constant references to the dunkirk spirit in regards Brexit,stigmismting certain sections of the population, camerons 'strivers not skivers'

We could literally be here all night

"Banning journalists who dont toe the party line,doing nothing to address the grieving gap between rich and poor,doing nothing to address an increasing mortality rate in the north,widespread homeless,priority given to public school children in the recent exam scandal,constant references to the dunkirk spirit in regards Brexit,stigmismting certain sections of the population, camerons 'strivers not skivers'

We could literally be here all night "

Exactly, how can someone label labour under corbyn as ‘far left’ then not recognise the current government is right wing is bonkers

Uxbridge

The U.K. is increasingly right wing, and has a creeping far right problem (as does the US and much of europe). Johnson’s govt. is populist and has actively courted far right groups (including standing MP’s like Rees-Mogg and Daniel Kawczynski. This govt. jewel in the crown - Brexit, is a far right project started by UKIP and courted by people like Britain first and Yaxley-Lennon.

Deportations, hostility to minorities, attacking homeless and traveller communities, cheered on by loyalist followers without a care for their actions.

You may not think the U.K. is far right, but then you think that increasing workers rights is far left. "

Restricting us to 32 hrs a week is not increasing workers rights it is crashing the economy, hence why even labour supporters deserted Corbyn in the election.

I see you jump immediately to racism and make the same mistake remainers make by tarring anyone who voted for Brexit as racist. Are you saying everyone who voted for Brexit is racist and far right? Not wanting to be part of a federal superstate where you cannot vote for the president or the commissioners is not racist. Explain where the UK current government is hostile to minorites? This is divisive leftist rhetoric with no basis in fact.

liverpool

You may not think the U.K. is far right, but then you think that increasing workers rights is far left.

Restricting us to 32 hrs a week is not increasing workers rights it is crashing the economy, hence why even labour supporters deserted Corbyn in the election.

I see you jump immediately to racism and make the same mistake remainers make by tarring anyone who voted for Brexit as racist. Are you saying everyone who voted for Brexit is racist and far right? Not wanting to be part of a federal superstate where you cannot vote for the president or the commissioners is not racist. Explain where the UK current government is hostile to minorites? This is divisive leftist rhetoric with no basis in fact. "

Labour voters deserted labour because they believed that Brexit bullshit .

I see you jump immediately to racism and make the same mistake remainers make by tarring anyone who voted for Brexit as racist. Are you saying everyone who voted for Brexit is racist and far right? Not wanting to be part of a federal superstate where you cannot vote for the president or the commissioners is not racist. Explain where the UK current government is hostile to minorites? This is divisive leftist rhetoric with no basis in fact. "

Brexit = racist - check.

Federal superstate - check

Unelected - check

Divisive leftist - check.

You’re a daily mail parody.

Did you elect Cummings? What about failed MP Zac Goldsmith with his recent peerage?

Not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist or far right but every racist and far right supporter voted for Brexit

liverpool

Explain where the uk is hostile to minorities?

Have you heard of a newspaper called the daily mail?or The sun?

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 27/09/20 21:47:22]

Bristol

I see you jump immediately to racism and make the same mistake remainers make by tarring anyone who voted for Brexit as racist. Are you saying everyone who voted for Brexit is racist and far right? Not wanting to be part of a federal superstate where you cannot vote for the president or the commissioners is not racist. Explain where the UK current government is hostile to minorites? This is divisive leftist rhetoric with no basis in fact.

"

True, although Labour had been losing voters in its strongholds for a long time. For the past 25 years their wins in their safe seats was dwindling all the time. The last election was the tipping point of something that had been coming for a long time.

liverpool

True, although Labour had been losing voters in its strongholds for a long time. For the past 25 years their wins in their safe seats was dwindling all the time. The last election was the tipping point of something that had been coming for a long time."

But that had been coming since new labour when they drifted to the right.

Uxbridge

"

No they deserted labour because their manifesto was too far left, un-costed and they went against public opinion on Brexit and misjudged the mood of the nation badly. Worst defeat since 1935. Your opinion on Brexit was the minority one in the referendum, the European elections and the general election. The three biggest opportunities for the public to record their approval or disapproval of the parties manifestos. Unfortunately more people who vtook the time to vote consider that Brexit is not bullshit so you lost.

milton keynes

But that’s just me.

-Matt

I assume your grievance is that although you know working harder and longer increases your earnings and therefore tax you don't want the rate of tax to increase as your trying to do the right thing. In effect every pound earned for these extra hours is worth less because of the proposed extra tax

No they deserted labour because their manifesto was too far left, un-costed and they went against public opinion on Brexit and misjudged the mood of the nation badly. Worst defeat since 1935. Your opinion on Brexit was the minority one in the referendum, the European elections and the general election. The three biggest opportunities for the public to record their approval or disapproval of the parties manifestos. Unfortunately more people who vtook the time to vote consider that Brexit is not bullshit so you lost. "

What percentage of voter turn out voted for the conservatives in the last election?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No I am so pleased I voted Tory as things would have been a hell of a lot worse under Corbyn

Uxbridge

No they deserted labour because their manifesto was too far left, un-costed and they went against public opinion on Brexit and misjudged the mood of the nation badly. Worst defeat since 1935. Your opinion on Brexit was the minority one in the referendum, the European elections and the general election. The three biggest opportunities for the public to record their approval or disapproval of the parties manifestos. Unfortunately more people who vtook the time to vote consider that Brexit is not bullshit so you lost.

What percentage of voter turn out voted for the conservatives in the last election? "

Your question is irrelevant, enough to give them an eighty seat majority under the current system. Enough to give labour the worst defeat they had suffered since 1935 and cause them to ditch their leader.

What percentage of voter turn out voted for the conservatives in the last election?

Your question is irrelevant, enough to give them an eighty seat majority under the current system. Enough to give labour the worst defeat they had suffered since 1935 and cause them to ditch their leader."

It is relevant as it disproves the point you were making regarding Brexit support.

Uxbridge

"No I am so pleased I voted Tory as things would have been a hell of a lot worse under Corbyn"

I agree, I don't think the conservatives have got much right but in my opinion under Corbyn things would have been far worse. Given that the only thing I have to worry about when voting is my opinion and given that the alternative was Labour under Corbyn I am pleased I voted Conservative too

liverpool

No they deserted labour because their manifesto was too far left, un-costed and they went against public opinion on Brexit and misjudged the mood of the nation badly. Worst defeat since 1935. Your opinion on Brexit was the minority one in the referendum, the European elections and the general election. The three biggest opportunities for the public to record their approval or disapproval of the parties manifestos. Unfortunately more people who vtook the time to vote consider that Brexit is not bullshit so you lost. "

Their manifesto was costed.

More people voted for anti Brexit parties than Brexit ones.

35%of The country voted for Brexit.I know I'm not great at maths but hardly a minority.

Apart from that..spot on.

Uxbridge

Your question is irrelevant, enough to give them an eighty seat majority under the current system. Enough to give labour the worst defeat they had suffered since 1935 and cause them to ditch their leader.

It is relevant as it disproves the point you were making regarding Brexit support. "

No it is not relevant, only in your head. It disproves nothing.

liverpool

"No I am so pleased I voted Tory as things would have been a hell of a lot worse under Corbyn"

How?

Shorter working week?

It is relevant as it disproves the point you were making regarding Brexit support.

No it is not relevant, only in your head. It disproves nothing."

It proves you haven’t got a clue what your talking about, do you know what the words minority and majority mean

Uxbridge

"No I am so pleased I voted Tory as things would have been a hell of a lot worse under Corbyn

How?

Shorter working week?"

. His manifesto was ripped apart as an uncosted mess. Please just gracefully accept the county did not want him as their leader and concentrate on how Starmer can do better next time. He lost, these debates are pointless, he was handed their worst defeat since 1935.

liverpool

"No I am so pleased I voted Tory as things would have been a hell of a lot worse under Corbyn

I agree, I don't think the conservatives have got much right but in my opinion under Corbyn things would have been far worse. Given that the only thing I have to worry about when voting is my opinion and given that the alternative was Labour under Corbyn I am pleased I voted Conservative too"

I concur

We have widespread corruption,ineptitude,human rights out the window, press inintomstin ,judicial interference the most clueless pm in living memory and one of the worse death rates in europe.

So well done.

liverpool

How?

Shorter working week?. His manifesto was ripped apart as an uncosted mess. Please just gracefully accept the county did not want him as their leader and concentrate on how Starmer can do better next time. He lost, these debates are pointless, he was handed their worst defeat since 1935."

He got more votes than Miliband. Brown or Blairs 3rd election.

Please try to get at least something right.

ROMFORD

Didn't the Labour manifesto have reduce the working week to 4 days?

Uxbridge

No it is not relevant, only in your head. It disproves nothing.

It proves you haven’t got a clue what your talking about, do you know what the words minority and majority mean "

It proved nothing other than you won't accept reality. He lost, Brexit won, get over it and try not to repeat the same mistakes with Starmer.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I don’t regret people voted Tory, not at all, they got what they wanted, and now they are living the dream. We should be happy for them, and they should continue being happy for them.

cheshunt

But that’s just me.

-Matt

So because I work harder I should pay more tax, ok

Are you saying you work harder than everyone else?

You realise some people have 2 jobs or more just to stay afloat?"

No I’m not saying I work harder than other people, I’m lucky, there’s people who work same amount of hours i do and don’t earn as much.