FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > amy coney barrett

amy coney barrett

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nicecoupleX OP   Couple  over a year ago

Hitch

Cant get her on running sex trains on d*unken girls or other imaginary sex crimes so what will the far left attack her on?

Naybe as she goes to church as of course that triggers the progressives.

;)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Hitch

Looking forward to seeing her in place very soon

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Cant get her on running sex trains on d*unken girls or other imaginary sex crimes so what will the far left attack her on?

;)"

Serously

Have you tried therapy?

Hitch

"Cant get her on running sex trains on d*unken girls or other imaginary sex crimes so what will the far left attack her on?

;)

Serously

Have you tried therapy?"

Yes I have, prior to it I voted Labour.

liverpool

;)

Serously

Have you tried therapy?

Yes I have, prior to it I voted Labour. "

So it clearly failed.

Hitch

;)

Serously

Have you tried therapy?

Yes I have, prior to it I voted Labour.

So it clearly failed."

Triggered much?

Imagine how you will feel when she's confirmed lol, bless your heart

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see... here is the trick and the kicker, kamala harris is on senate judiciary

if the dems are smart at the senate confirmation hearing, every single democrat will cede their time to harris.... and what harris can basically do is turn it into a infomercial to talk about healthcare (the ACA), voting rights, Row, even same sex marriage..

and just to top it off maybe get to the recuse herself in any trump election nonsense...

harris can use it as a tool to get progressives who don't like biden to get out the votes on positions they feel will now be under threat! the republicans won't be able to do that!

they wont go after barratt personally, they will go after her positions and the public words she has said....

Hitch

"see... here is the trick and the kicker, kamala harris is on senate judiciary

if the dems are smart at the senate confirmation hearing, every single democrat will cede their time to harris.... and what harris can basically do is turn it into a infomercial to talk about healthcare (the ACA), voting rights, Row, even same sex marriage..

and just to top it off maybe get to the recuse herself in any trump election nonsense...

harris can use it as a tool to get progressives who don't like biden to get out the votes on positions they feel will now be under threat! the republicans won't be able to do that!

they wont go after barratt personally, they will go after her positions and the public words she has said...."

A lot of ifs

But she will still pass

Done

Newcastle and Gateshead

they wont go after barratt personally, they will go after her positions and the public words she has said....

A lot of ifs

But she will still pass

Done "

oh i zero doubt it will pass.... but 2 whole days of national tv coverage of the potential VP basically laying out what is likely to be lost.... especially healthcare, voting rights and equality rights, is going to be huge

do you know the phrase, losing the battle but winning the war....

if biden win the presidency and the senate... you know retribution is coming! and very easy ways to make sure the republicans cant pull "stunts" like this again

Hitch

A lot of ifs

But she will still pass

Done

oh i zero doubt it will pass.... but 2 whole days of national tv coverage of the potential VP basically laying out what is likely to be lost.... especially healthcare, voting rights and equality rights, is going to be huge

if biden win the presidency and the senate... you know retribution is coming! and very easy ways to make sure the republicans cant pull "stunts" like this again"

Stunts like following the constitution ?

And the war is already playing out in blm / progressives / antifa murdering, burning and destroying cities across America, which have been encouraged by Democrats

And _abio , after your lies in the Breonna Taylor case you have lost a lot of respect and credibility.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

i can think of a few easy ones straight away....

statehood for DC and Puerto rico (add another 4 seats in the senate.... both are heavily democratic!) that would probably put control of that out of the republican reach for a while! (i take that back... thats not actually that controversial since they have representation in the house... but you know republicans would hate it!!!)

then we can also talk about expanding the pool of SCOTUS judges..... pick ya number! 11? 13? 15 maybe!

those two are the easiest ones i can though of that would punish the republicans for being hypocrites

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

;)"

going to church does not trigger anybody.

the ability to change laws in favour of very conservative christian values might trigger some.

I really don't understand why you think people of religion are infallible against the sins they preach about.

I'm neither left/right or your made up antifa shite that you keep peddling.

By *otPrinceHarryMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

There was evidence that Kavanaugh was unsuitably for the post, so this was investigated.

There weren't such doubts over Gorsuch, so there was no such hearing.

I realise that ad hominems are the preferred tactic of Drumpf, but I think the moderate right (as the rest of the world sees the Dems) will instead focus on Mitch's astonishing hypocrisy.

;)"

Have a day off, your obsession is becoming creepy

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A lot of ifs

But she will still pass

Done

if biden win the presidency and the senate... you know retribution is coming! and very easy ways to make sure the republicans cant pull "stunts" like this again

And the war is already playing out in blm / progressives / antifa murdering, burning and destroying cities across America, which have been encouraged by Democrats

And _abio , after your lies in the Breonna Taylor case you have lost a lot of respect and credibility.

"

The restrictive, anti-democracy moves come from the Republicans. The concept of turning back women's rights, restricing abortion options more than they have already done, making it nearly impossible for many women. Turning a progressive country towards the places that restrict citizens, their choices and increasing polarisation amongst society. Somewhat to keep the more extreme Christian voters voting for them, desperately using any trick to hold on to their power, status and money.

"Looking forward to seeing her in place very soon "

What are your views on abortion, women's rights, same sex marriage?

I don't think it really matters, a judge's personal opinions and beliefs are not meant to come into play when defining legal law.

"I don't think it really matters, a judge's personal opinions and beliefs are not meant to come into play when defining legal law.

"

I'm sure she won't let her views affect the things she does. Who in this world ever lets their views affect anything?

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

On her known views ....She is a woman who will swiftly close the doors to freedoms so hard won by her predecessor. Setting womens rights back decades,A step back to less enlightened times i am afraid.

"I don't think it really matters, a judge's personal opinions and beliefs are not meant to come into play when defining legal law.

I'm sure she won't let her views affect the things she does. Who in this world ever lets their views affect anything?"

No different than a liberal judge should apply their own liberal bias then.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

I'm sure she won't let her views affect the things she does. Who in this world ever lets their views affect anything?

No different than a liberal judge should apply their own liberal bias then."

Of course not, that's how that particular game is played. Hence why this is such an important thing.

Eh? Are you now claiming a person's views can actually affect the things they do? This might be the quickest Uturn in history.

To work properly the judiciary should be independent of the executive, much as it is in the UK, for now at least.

The judiciary in the US is not independent of the executive and cannot be relied upon to make fair unbiased decisions, because it is partisan.

If the supreme court was evenly balanced perhaps that wouldn't matter too much, but many Republican senators are keen to remove hard won rights such as legal abortion.

Having a Republican bias in the supreme court allows them to do just that, against the wishes of most Americans, and especially American women, because it effectively removes their choice over what they do with their own bodies.

If the Republicans do manage to retain control of the Senate and get this through, it's not going to end well for them, because women are no longer prepared to be doormats for men. They no longer live in the 1950s like the Lindsay Grahams and Mitch McConnells of this world.

Difficult times ahead for the USA.

liverpool

What is liberal bias exactly?

What is liberal bias exactly?"

Not jailing people based on skin colour etc.

Not jailing people based on skin colour etc."

Or shooting them too, perhaps.

liverpool

Not jailing people based on skin colour etc."

What is liberal bias exactly?"

Applying liberalism, I'd have thought that an obvious answer for an experienced man like yourself

Eh? Are you now claiming a person's views can actually affect the things they do? This might be the quickest Uturn in history."

No I was showing your own hypocrisy, you can have your opinionated judges but the other side can't.

Personally I don't think judges allow there bias, they apply the law as they see it, hence why I said I don't think it matters

;)"

You know there are other ways to get attention apart from trolling people on the internet, right?

liverpool

What is liberal bias exactly?.

Applying liberalism, I'd have thought that an obvious answer for an experienced man like yourself "

Doesnt liberalism mean being fair?

Eh? Are you now claiming a person's views can actually affect the things they do? This might be the quickest Uturn in history..

No I was showing your own hypocrisy, you can have your opinionated judges but the other side can't.

Personally I don't think judges allow there bias, they apply the law as they see it, hence why I said I don't think it matters"

Many Judges have shown their bias over the years, even in the UK, where the judiciary is independent. If you honestly believe that the supreme court in the USA won't be biased towards the Republicans, then you are being somewhat naive. That is precisely the reason that they are so keen to fill the vacant seat before the election. If Trump loses, Biden gets to pick, and he won't be picking a Republican, that's for certain.

Eh? Are you now claiming a person's views can actually affect the things they do? This might be the quickest Uturn in history..

Personally I don't think judges allow there bias, they apply the law as they see it, hence why I said I don't think it matters

Many Judges have shown their bias over the years, even in the UK, where the judiciary is independent. If you honestly believe that the supreme court in the USA won't be biased towards the Republicans, then you are being somewhat naive. That is precisely the reason that they are so keen to fill the vacant seat before the election. If Trump loses, Biden gets to pick, and he won't be picking a Republican, that's for certain."

Well if you think like you do them obviously the republicans don't want your liberal judge and will everything to stop you getting what you want just like you'll do everything to stop them getting what they want.

Your only argument is one of morality and there only argument is one of morality.

What is liberal bias exactly?.

Applying liberalism, I'd have thought that an obvious answer for an experienced man like yourself

Doesnt liberalism mean being fair?"

Hell no

Personally I don't think judges allow there bias, they apply the law as they see it, hence why I said I don't think it matters"

Double eh?

You did an abrupt Uturn from implying a judge's views didn't matter when doing their job to hinting a liberal judge's views would affect their job.

And now you're calling me a hyporite when all I did was point out the fact a judge's views will affect the way they do their job. I said nothing about left, right or anything like that.

("Hypocrite" typo)

Many Judges have shown their bias over the years, even in the UK, where the judiciary is independent. If you honestly believe that the supreme court in the USA won't be biased towards the Republicans, then you are being somewhat naive. That is precisely the reason that they are so keen to fill the vacant seat before the election. If Trump loses, Biden gets to pick, and he won't be picking a Republican, that's for certain..

Well if you think like you do them obviously the republicans don't want your liberal judge and will everything to stop you getting what you want just like you'll do everything to stop them getting what they want.

Your only argument is one of morality and there only argument is one of morality. "

That doesn't even make sense. I think you're trolling tbh.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

Absolutely

A lot of ifs

But she will still pass

Done

The restrictive, anti-democracy moves come from the Republicans. The concept of turning back women's rights, restricing abortion options more than they have already done, making it nearly impossible for many women. Turning a progressive country towards the places that restrict citizens, their choices and increasing polarisation amongst society. Somewhat to keep the more extreme Christian voters voting for them, desperately using any trick to hold on to their power, status and money. "

Belpre

"

i can think of a few easy ones straight away....

statehood for DC and Puerto rico (add another 4 seats in the senate.... both are heavily democratic!) that would probably put control of

that out of the republican reach for a while! (i

take that back... thats not actually that

controversial since they have representation in

the house... but you know republicans would hate

it!!!)

then we can also talk about expanding the pool of SCOTUS judges..... pick ya number! 11? 13? 15 maybe!

those two are the easiest ones i can though of that would punish the republicans for being hypocrites"

Yes they can ; )

And, yes it would lol ; )

I hope they do it all ; )

Belpre

"

It always does though doesn't it !

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Was an interesting day yesterday. I love watching the live feeds of these type of hearings. I find it fascinating.

When she was asked to show her notes and held up a blank notepad was quite impressive to be honest.

Hitch

I cant stand the republicans, a bit like the Conservatives here - they are part of the sane crooked lying system, but boy oh boy the Democrats are disgusting

As I said before, the tory want to and are destroying the UK

Labour , hold my beer

Same in America

"I cant stand the republicans, a bit like the Conservatives here - they are part of the sane crooked lying system, but boy oh boy the Democrats are disgusting

As I said before, the tory want to and are destroying the UK

Labour , hold my beer

Same in America

"

I would agree with most of this.

There was one politician here who offered some meaningful change. But the press hounded and destroyed him specifically because he represented something other than more of the same.

Hitch

I was just watching back some of the questions

This one from a woman senator

"Have you ever sexually assaulted anyone in any way"

They just can't help themselves

I guess having 7 kids she didn't even flinch as well used to talking to children

Hitch

Apparently now (since 2 days ago)

Using the term "Sexual Preference" is now insulting , homophobic, transphobic to the LGBTQ+shared community ?

Is this a real thing? #HonkHonk

"Apparently now (since 2 days ago)

Using the term "Sexual Preference" is now insulting , homophobic, transphobic to the LGBTQ+shared community ?

Is this a real thing? #HonkHonk "

Did you just sit on a goose?

Anyway, you're being hugely disingenuous here. The problem with "sexual preference" in certain contexts is it implies people choose to be, for example, gay. Can you really not see how toxic and offensive that is?

That old "it's a sexual preference" argument leads to the bad old days where people were sent to be deprogrammed of things like gay. It takes us back to the bad old days where such things were seen as mental illness or even criminal.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

She held up really well to be fair. If she does as she says and applies the law above her beliefs no issues.

Hitch

"She held up really well to be fair. If she does as she says and applies the law above her beliefs no issues. "

Sbe wouldn't have been my pick but she has come across as extremely intelligent and her recall is second to none. A very smart lady indeed and clearly qualified.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Let’s hope we don’t get the right wing catholic judge urge over here.

Sex outside a marriage is no no for Catholic’s so you’re all fucked literally on this site.

Well it’s frowned upon unless your a priest of course!

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't think anyone was suggesting it was right.

Glasgow

"I cant stand the republicans

"

We're not surprised, Qanon all over!

"Let’s hope we don’t get the right wing catholic judge urge over here.

Sex outside a marriage is no no for Catholic’s so you’re all fucked literally on this site.

Well it’s frowned upon unless your a priest of course! "

Church of England is Not Catholic !!

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

Judges at the level of the Supreme Court interpret the law and determine case law to set precedents for how the law should be applied in particular circumstances. From that perspective her personal views will come into play - hence why you have conservative or more liberal leaning judges.

Manchester

Church of England is Not Catholic !!"

Err yes and did I mention Church of England?

Vicars are allowed to have sex

Vicars are allowed to have sex "

No you mentioned Catholics

Big difference between Them & the other christian types.

Come on you should know this stuff

Glasgow

"

Come on you should know this stuff"

Isn't Amy Coney Barrett a hardcore Catholic?

Manchester

Vicars are allowed to have sex

Come on you should know this stuff"

So we don’t have Catholic’s in the UK?

My point was the irony of people supporting a judge who follows a religion which has a main rule of no extra marital sex. This support is on a swingers site. Just found that very funny.

"

Isn't Amy Coney Barrett a hardcore Catholic?"

So your against Muslim judges then?

"

So your against Muslim judges then?"

I can't speak for that person. But religion and matters of law and of the state would absolutely be separated.

"

I can't speak for that person. But religion and matters of law and of the state would absolutely be separated."

Funnily enough that's what I wrote weeks back yet many on here said I was fundamentally wrong and people's beliefs effect there judgement.

So I'll ask again do they also think we should stop Muslim judges, politicians, should khan quit, should Patel.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

I can't speak for that person. But religion and matters of law and of the state would absolutely be separated.

Funnily enough that's what I wrote weeks back yet many on here said I was fundamentally wrong and people's beliefs effect there judgement.

So I'll ask again do they also think we should stop Muslim judges, politicians, should khan quit, should Patel.

"

No, you are interpreting that wrong.

People (be they judges, MPs, etc.) can have whatever belief they wish. However, that belief should not be allowed to intrude into their public rulings, law making etc.

That's quite different to say we shouldn't allow muslim/catholic/etc judges/MPs

Manchester

"

"

I personally believe “most” judges are unbiased whatever their religion. My concern is that a politician is allowed to appoint a judge. That in itself can lead to bias in the justice system.

Senior judges should review any appointments and if there’s a hint of bias they should be denied their seat.

Glasgow

"

So your against Muslim judges then?"

Not sure of your point, I was clarifying something raised by a previous poster who appeared unclear why Catholics we're being mentioned.

Glasgow

"

"

Why are you limiting the scope of your question to Muslims?

"

People (be they judges, MPs, etc.) can have whatever belief they wish. However, that belief should not be allowed to intrude into their public rulings, law making etc.

That's quite different to say we shouldn't allow muslim/catholic/etc judges/MPs"

That's exactly what I said at the start of this thread but was told by some that I'm flat out wrong and that a person's beliefs affect judgment, hence why I brought up Muslims beliefs and suddenly they climbed down from that opinion?.

"

That's exactly what I said at the start of this thread but was told by some that I'm flat out wrong and that a person's beliefs affect judgment, hence why I brought up Muslims beliefs and suddenly they climbed down from that opinion?. "

But how many muslims do you reckon are on the supreme court? In fact, how many muslims do you reckon have ever been on the supreme court?

I'll give you a clue. It's between zero and one.

"

That's exactly what I said at the start of this thread but was told by some that I'm flat out wrong and that a person's beliefs affect judgment, hence why I brought up Muslims beliefs and suddenly they climbed down from that opinion?.

But how many muslims do you reckon are on the supreme court? In fact, how many muslims do you reckon have ever been on the supreme court?

I'll give you a clue. It's between zero and one."

That's a completely different question.

It's hardly a stronghold of Muslim population is it?.

How many Christians are judges in Pakistan or Iran or Malaysia, either way it's a irrelevant to the point I was making.

"

How many Christians are judges in Pakistan or Iran or Malaysia, either way it's a irrelevant to the point I was making.

"

I simply asked a question.

Another question: how many atheists are on the supreme court? And how many atheists have ever been on ths supreme court? I'll give you a clue here, too. This answer is also between zero and one.

Well she's in now so time will tell

"

I simply asked a question.

Another question: how many atheists are on the supreme court? And how many atheists have ever been on ths supreme court? I'll give you a clue here, too. This answer is also between zero and one."

So all of the democrat supreme court judges are god botherers then? How come thats not a problem but for acb it is a point of contention?

I just asked some questions. You don't have to answer them. Stay mellow.

"I just asked some questions. You don't have to answer them. Stay mellow."

Why would i answer when you already have?

I'm just pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy apparent in the lefts criticisms of acb.

"I just asked some questions. You don't have to answer them. Stay mellow.

I'm just pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy apparent in the lefts criticisms of acb."

You do love to scream hypocrisy all the time. Have you considered getting the word tattooed on your forehead? It might be quite the conversation starter.

I'm just pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy apparent in the lefts criticisms of acb.

You do love to scream hypocrisy all the time. Have you considered getting the word tattooed on your forehead? It might be quite the conversation starter."

Thats because hypocrisy is rife and goes unchallenged. Dont do it and i wont be able to point it out will I?

You do love to scream hypocrisy all the time. Have you considered getting the word tattooed on your forehead? It might be quite the conversation starter.

Thats because hypocrisy is rife and goes unchallenged. Dont do it and i wont be able to point it out will I?"

Gooooo on. Get that tattoo. You'd love it. People will literally stop you on the street and ask about your "hypocrisy". Then you can angrily reply. You'd be living your dream.

Thats because hypocrisy is rife and goes unchallenged. Dont do it and i wont be able to point it out will I?

Gooooo on. Get that tattoo. You'd love it. People will literally stop you on the street and ask about your "hypocrisy". Then you can angrily reply. You'd be living your dream."

Its not my hypocrisy though....

Gooooo on. Get that tattoo. You'd love it. People will literally stop you on the street and ask about your "hypocrisy". Then you can angrily reply. You'd be living your dream.

Its not my hypocrisy though.... "

If it's on your forehead, it will be! Do it! You'll love it!

Manchester

I’m concerned that if a judge believes the nonsense of eternal life or 40 virgins waiting for them after death then they are not best suited to work through a tough legal issue.

If they believe in such fairytales then they will easily believe any case put to them without reasonable or in fact any sign proof.

Isn’t it supposed to be blind justice not blind faith?

» Add a new message to this topic