FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Swiss referendum rejects cutting ties with the eu

Swiss referendum rejects cutting ties with the eu

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichiebig OP   Man  over a year ago

nenagh

Big disappointment for the right wing press, like the Express, who were predicting that the swiss would be as stupid as the English and cut ties with there main trading partner

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

The end of the EU that we were promised 5 years ago hasn’t happened yet. The Swiss aren’t quite as stupid as our gammon steaks.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’ve always thought the Swiss were rather a sensible country. Albeit immersed in murky money like us.

However 38% voting against free movement with the EU would be a concern in my opinion. Given it was essentially a “taking back control of our borders” campaign. Where have we heard that before?

38% was indeed a surprise and has the potential to be built on.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Switzerland is landlocked in the middle of Europe,and one of the best countries in Europe by NOT being in the EU

Of course they have ties with but not members as we should be,They have thrived by NOT joining

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Switzerland is landlocked in the middle of Europe,and one of the best countries in Europe by NOT being in the EU

Of course they have ties with but not members as we should be,They have thrived by NOT joining"

Not our problem, let switzerland do switzerland.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

A sensible nation not like here, voted for the right thing.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"A sensible nation not like here, voted for the right thing. "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A sensible nation not like here, voted for the right thing. "

You voted for Brexit

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Switzerland is not a member of the EU but just a trading partner.

I think this highlights an important fact, if the EEC was still about and the UK were just trading partners I doubt very much the UK would have had a referendum in the first place.

By *ichiebig OP   Man  over a year ago

nenagh

"Switzerland is not a member of the EU but just a trading partner.

I think this highlights an important fact, if the EEC was still about and the UK were just trading partners I doubt very much the UK would have had a referendum in the first place."

Get that, but all the world has moved on since the EEC 40/50 odd years ago, unfortunately for you guys, you have not moved on, you are only looking at some romantic past,and the truth is there is no future in the past

I think this highlights an important fact, if the EEC was still about and the UK were just trading partners I doubt very much the UK would have had a referendum in the first place.

Get that, but all the world has moved on since the EEC 40/50 odd years ago, unfortunately for you guys, you have not moved on, you are only looking at some romantic past,and the truth is there is no future in the past "

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Get that, but all the world has moved on since the EEC 40/50 odd years ago, unfortunately for you guys, you have not moved on, you are only looking at some romantic past,and the truth is there is no future in the past "

brexit is moveing on tho lol

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Get that, but all the world has moved on since the EEC 40/50 odd years ago, unfortunately for you guys, you have not moved on, you are only looking at some romantic past,and the truth is there is no future in the past brexit is moveing on tho lol"

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Switzerland is landlocked in the middle of Europe,and one of the best countries in Europe by NOT being in the EU

Of course they have ties with but not members as we should be,They have thrived by NOT joining"

They agreed to free movement because banking was dwindling and they needed to trade with the EU.

They saw it as an opportunity to have a better economy not a negative.

Get that, but all the world has moved on since the EEC 40/50 odd years ago, unfortunately for you guys, you have not moved on, you are only looking at some romantic past,and the truth is there is no future in the past brexit is moveing on tho lol"

This is something to be proud of for the UK. I feel sorry for people like you

Lol less consumer protection

Lol worse human rights

Lol worse workers rights

Lol worse food standards

Lol import duty

Lol companies moving to mainland Europe from the UK

Lol less opportunities for UK citizens

Lol no trade deal

Lol breaking up of the nations

Lol diminishing respect for the UK

Lol anything to own the remainers. It's all so funny hahaha dont care if its for the worse, those lefties and remainers are frothing by the mouth that's all that matters hahahaha. RULE BRITANNIA

By *efrenchguyMan  over a year ago

London

"I’ve always thought the Swiss were rather a sensible country. Albeit immersed in murky money like us.

However 38% voting against free movement with the EU would be a concern in my opinion. Given it was essentially a “taking back control of our borders” campaign. Where have we heard that before?

38% was indeed a surprise and has the potential to be built on. "

They had a similar referendum in 2014, in which the isolationist option got 50.33%.

This time round, Freedom of Movement wins by 62%, which would make it an overwhelming+10% victory.

Brexit and the abysmal handling of it has massively promoted the rationale for the European Union in continental Europe.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"I’ve always thought the Swiss were rather a sensible country. Albeit immersed in murky money like us.

38% was indeed a surprise and has the potential to be built on.

They had a similar referendum in 2014, in which the isolationist option got 50.33%.

This time round, Freedom of Movement wins by 62%, which would make it an overwhelming+10% victory.

Brexit and the abysmal handling of it has massively promoted the rationale for the European Union in continental Europe."

Ah ok. So a reversal so to speak

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 30/09/20 09:50:53]

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Of course they have ties with but not members as we should be,They have thrived by NOT joining

Not our problem, let switzerland do switzerland."

Or you could ignore grown up discussions like this and the other "green arrowed" to threads

» Add a new message to this topic