FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > EU trading bloc

EU trading bloc

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can anyone tell me why the European trading bloc needs a parliament, a commission, a council of ministers and five presidents? And why said Parliament has to move from Brussels to Strasbourg once a month?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Can anyone tell me why the European trading bloc needs a parliament, a commission, a council of ministers and five presidents? And why said Parliament has to move from Brussels to Strasbourg once a month? "

Maybe there has always been more to the EU than just trading. Is that really news to you?

It’s a shame to spend so much time talking about the EU and knowing this.

The first purpose of European collaboration was to create peace in Europe. This was more important than trade. I guess that’s also news to you.

Why has my local football club a chairman, a secretary and a guy in charge of the finances?

Bristol

The troll has found another key question to keep us busy for two hours. Give him another 60 minutes to find something else.

Why is Britain an island?

"Can anyone tell me why the European trading bloc needs a parliament, a commission, a council of ministers and five presidents? And why said Parliament has to move from Brussels to Strasbourg once a month?

Maybe there has always been more to the EU than just trading. Is that really news to you?

The first purpose of European collaboration was to create peace in Europe. This was more important than trade. I guess that’s also news to you.

Why has my local football club a chairman, a secretary and a guy in charge of the finances? "

So once peace was created, through NATO and nuclear weapons as much as anything else, what is the point of all that now?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

because its not just a trading block its a political dream of some and sounds better than the mafia.

"because its not just a trading block its a political dream of some and sounds better than the mafia. "

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Can anyone tell me why the European trading bloc needs a parliament, a commission, a council of ministers and five presidents? And why said Parliament has to move from Brussels to Strasbourg once a month? "

Great questions

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why are you bothered? The UK has left the EU, you seem a bit obsessed

"Can anyone tell me why the European trading bloc needs a parliament, a commission, a council of ministers and five presidents? And why said Parliament has to move from Brussels to Strasbourg once a month?

Why are you bothered? The UK has left the EU, you seem a bit obsessed "

Because the answers make me laugh

Why are you bothered? The UK has left the EU, you seem a bit obsessed

Because the answers make me laugh "

Really? Let it go, we have left, this obsession isn’t healthy

Bristol

Why has my local football club a chairman, a secretary and a guy in charge of the finances?

So once peace was created, through NATO and nuclear weapons as much as anything else, what is the point of all that now? "

You tell me as you know it all but as far as I know I’ve never heard anyone from the EU saying that the idea was to create a federal country. Thinking that it is true is your own dream and the one of the Daily Mail that has been banging on the same idea for 40 years. As far as I know, when I go to Italy, people speak Italian to me and they tell me they’re Italian. Carry on the project brainwash.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 13:16:24]

near ipswich

"because its not just a trading block its a political dream of some and sounds better than the mafia.

"

It sounds very similar to me some blokes in suits turn up ask for money every week and say you can keep trading but only if you keep paying and buying off people they have done deals with.

So once peace was created, through NATO and nuclear weapons as much as anything else, what is the point of all that now?

You tell me as you know it all but as far as I know I’ve never heard anyone from the EU saying that the idea was to create a federal country. Thinking that it is true is your own dream and the one of the Daily Mail that has been banging on the same idea for 40 years. As far as I know, when I go to Italy, people speak Italian to me and they tell me they’re Italian. Carry on the project brainwash. "

The Daily Mail campaigned to join and remain in the EU 40 years ago

"because its not just a trading block its a political dream of some and sounds better than the mafia.

It sounds very similar to me some blokes in suits turn up ask for money every week and say you can keep trading but only if you keep paying and buying off people they have done deals with. "

Bristol

You tell me as you know it all but as far as I know I’ve never heard anyone from the EU saying that the idea was to create a federal country. Thinking that it is true is your own dream and the one of the Daily Mail that has been banging on the same idea for 40 years. As far as I know, when I go to Italy, people speak Italian to me and they tell me they’re Italian. Carry on the project brainwash.

The Daily Mail campaigned to join and remain in the EU 40 years ago "

It sounds very similar to me some blokes in suits turn up ask for money every week and say you can keep trading but only if you keep paying and buying off people they have done deals with. "

And they are the largest trading bloc in the world, seems to work

"

Just Google it if you don't believe me

Your post shows you don't understand how the eu works.

It is sad

near ipswich

It sounds very similar to me some blokes in suits turn up ask for money every week and say you can keep trading but only if you keep paying and buying off people they have done deals with.

"

I forgot the bit where they keep squeezing your profits until you end up buying more from them than you are selling.

near ipswich

It is sad"

explain it then why do they spend millions every year moving to strasbourg for a week once a month go on educate us.

Bristol

Just Google it if you don't believe me "

Of course it did, winner! At the time the U.K. was already a laughing stock and desperately needed to be part of the EEC because it was on its knees. We even had to be bailed out by the IMF. The French told us to fuck of twice because they knew that BrITAIN would be a pain the ass. Time proved them right. The EU gave us the tax rebate, let us not join the EU, let us not join Schengen but it was never enough. This time they are holding us by the balls and they are telling us to get list. We will get more fish, that’s it. Get your plate ready.

It is sadexplain it then why do they spend millions every year moving to strasbourg for a week once a month go on educate us."

Strasbourg is a nice place, I like it there

Bristol

It is sadexplain it then why do they spend millions every year moving to strasbourg for a week once a month go on educate us.

Strasbourg is a nice place, I like it there "

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines!

It is sadexplain it then why do they spend millions every year moving to strasbourg for a week once a month go on educate us.

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines! "

Exactly, who wouldn’t want to go there

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines! "

So that's why they go once a month?

Bristol

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines!

Exactly, who wouldn’t want to go there "

The brexiters would rather go to Margate to puke their mix of candy floss with Fosters.

Just Google it if you don't believe me

Of course it did, winner! At the time the U.K. was already a laughing stock and desperately needed to be part of the EEC because it was on its knees. We even had to be bailed out by the IMF. The French told us to fuck of twice because they knew that BrITAIN would be a pain the ass. Time proved them right. The EU gave us the tax rebate, let us not join the EU, let us not join Schengen but it was never enough. This time they are holding us by the balls and they are telling us to get list. We will get more fish, that’s it. Get your plate ready. "

They told u to fuck off twice? But you said it was all about creating peace

So that's why they go once a month? "

Yeah, it’s a beautiful city, you should go there, you might like it

near ipswich

Strasbourg is a nice place, I like it there "

yeah so do the mep,s and president,s every month staying in nice hotels and living it up on expenses whats not to like unless you are a tax payer and paying for it.

Bristol

So that's why they go once a month?

Yeah, it’s a beautiful city, you should go there, you might like it "

He’s already planned his Easter break. Margate, Southend, Weston super Mare, Blackpool and a grand finale in Wigan. What’s not to like?

Strasbourg is a nice place, I like it there yeah so do the mep,s and president,s every month staying in nice hotels and living it up on expenses whats not to like unless you are a tax payer and paying for it. "

Yeah, they do have some very nice hotels

Bristol

Strasbourg is a nice place, I like it there yeah so do the mep,s and president,s every month staying in nice hotels and living it up on expenses whats not to like unless you are a tax payer and paying for it. "

How much of your money goes to the unelected peers of the House of Lords and our lovely royals family?

near ipswich

sauerkraut??? strasbourg is in france you international traveler.

Bristol

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines! sauerkraut??? strasbourg is in france you international traveler. "

Poor sod. The speciality of Alsace is sauerkraut.

near ipswich

Strasbourg is a nice place, I like it there yeah so do the mep,s and president,s every month staying in nice hotels and living it up on expenses whats not to like unless you are a tax payer and paying for it.

How much of your money goes to the unelected peers of the House of Lords and our lovely royals family? "

true and ive made my point on the HOL plenty of times but that doesnt justify having a whole lot more if thats your argument.

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines! sauerkraut??? strasbourg is in france you international traveler.

Poor sod. The speciality of Alsace is sauerkraut. "

Don’t be to hard on Costa, if a place doesn’t have a Wetherspoons he won’t go

near ipswich

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines! sauerkraut??? strasbourg is in france you international traveler.

Poor sod. The speciality of Alsace is sauerkraut. "

why not put choucroute then if thats what you ment.

Bristol

Poor sod. The speciality of Alsace is sauerkraut. why not put choucroute then if thats what you ment. "

It’s the same thing, guignol.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It is sadexplain it then why do they spend millions every year moving to strasbourg for a week once a month go on educate us."

This goes back a few decades. Whilst it was agreed that Brussels was going to be the EU HQ, the French didn't want the Belgians to have all the influence and all the benefits, and insisted on a parallel establishment, which ended up in Strasbourg.

Bristol

Poor sod. The speciality of Alsace is sauerkraut. why not put choucroute then if thats what you ment. "

Maybe because we speak English and because the English for choucroute is sauerkraut.

near ipswich

Poor sod. The speciality of Alsace is sauerkraut. why not put choucroute then if thats what you ment.

It’s the same thing, guignol. "

yeah to make it easy for your mates i guess.

near ipswich

This goes back a few decades. Whilst it was agreed that Brussels was going to be the EU HQ, the French didn't want the Belgians to have all the influence and all the benefits, and insisted on a parallel establishment, which ended up in Strasbourg. "

exactly the french branch of the mafia didnt want to miss out on a slice of the pie.

This goes back a few decades. Whilst it was agreed that Brussels was going to be the EU HQ, the French didn't want the Belgians to have all the influence and all the benefits, and insisted on a parallel establishment, which ended up in Strasbourg. exactly the french branch of the mafia didnt want to miss out on a slice of the pie. "

Tarte

near ipswich

This goes back a few decades. Whilst it was agreed that Brussels was going to be the EU HQ, the French didn't want the Belgians to have all the influence and all the benefits, and insisted on a parallel establishment, which ended up in Strasbourg. exactly the french branch of the mafia didnt want to miss out on a slice of the pie.

Tarte "

merci.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:08:55]

Bristol

This goes back a few decades. Whilst it was agreed that Brussels was going to be the EU HQ, the French didn't want the Belgians to have all the influence and all the benefits, and insisted on a parallel establishment, which ended up in Strasbourg. exactly the french branch of the mafia didnt want to miss out on a slice of the pie.

Tarte merci. "

Your french is impressive guys. Nice to see that you’re staying away from verbs. Continuez comme ça, vous nous faites vraiment rire.

near ipswich

While the poor UK managed to make its little voice heard, so left. That’s what knitters do. Apparently we’re going to boss the Americans and the Chinese as well as the EU from outside. Bring it on! Popcorn is ready. "

why dont you just make shit up to make you feel happy,dont know who you've been talking to or watching but ive never seen anything like that.

Bristol

This goes back a few decades. Whilst it was agreed that Brussels was going to be the EU HQ, the French didn't want the Belgians to have all the influence and all the benefits, and insisted on a parallel establishment, which ended up in Strasbourg. exactly the french branch of the mafia didnt want to miss out on a slice of the pie. "

While the poor UK didn’t manage to make its little voice heard, so left. That’s what kwitters do. Apparently we’re going to boss the Americans and the Chinese as well as the EU from outside. Bring it on! Popcorn is ready.

[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:05:57]

near ipswich

"[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:05:57]"
its a gerund mate.

Bristol

While the poor UK managed to make its little voice heard, so left. That’s what knitters do. Apparently we’re going to boss the Americans and the Chinese as well as the EU from outside. Bring it on! Popcorn is ready. why dont you just make shit up to make you feel happy,dont know who you've been talking to or watching but ive never seen anything like that. "

Well it is pretty clear that the UK never managed to make its presence felt and the EU has always been led by the French and the Germans. That’s why we left. If we’d managed to make the EU be the way we wanted it to be, you wouldn’t have felt the need to whinge and leave, full stop. I know it’s tough to admit but if the UK had been the dominating voice in the EU, we wouldn’t have left.

Bristol

"[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:05:57]its a gerund mate. "

The guy who can’t spell ‘it’s’ is explaining to me what a gerund is. You should charge us for the entertainment you are providing.

"[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:05:57]its a gerund mate. "

sorry, I removed it, thought I was being a bit petty on the garçon

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:16:26]

Bristol

"[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:05:57]its a gerund mate.

sorry, I removed it, thought I was being a bit petty on the garçon "

T’es toujours aussi con ou tu te forces?

Come back once you have found your favourite translation website.

near ipswich

The guy who can’t spell ‘it’s’ is explaining to me what a gerund is. You should charge us for the entertainment you are providing. "

Blimey mate you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel now its a chat forum not an A level English test.But not an unusual response from someone who really doesn't have anything else.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:20:27]

Bristol

The guy who can’t spell ‘it’s’ is explaining to me what a gerund is. You should charge us for the entertainment you are providing. Blimey mate you're scrapping the bottom of the barrel now its a chat forum not an A level English test.But not an unusual response from someone who really doesn't have anything else. "

It’s true that your posts have been very high calibre for the past fifteen minutes, haven’t they?

Not sure what’s A level about the use of it’s but carry on having fun with your gerund. It’s never too late to learn the English for sauerkraut either.

near ipswich

"[Removed by poster at 22/11/20 14:20:27]"
why the delete did you miss a comma out

sorry, I removed it, thought I was being a bit petty on the garçon

T’es toujours aussi con ou tu te forces?

Come back once you have found your favourite translation website."

I don't have one and who would want to speak French anyway? I prefer Spanish it's more widely used outside of Europe

near ipswich

right its been fun things to do before the rugby,adios.

"right its been fun things to do before the rugby,adios."

Good thinking, be back later to see if there are any answers to the original post but I doubt it

Bristol

Let’s go back to this:

Well it is pretty clear that the UK never managed to make its presence felt and the EU has always been led by the French and the Germans. That’s why we left. If we’d managed to make the EU be the way we wanted it to be, you wouldn’t have felt the need to whinge and leave, full stop. I know it’s tough to admit but if the UK had been the dominating voice in the EU, we wouldn’t have left.

You guys know what, for all your banter not one of you has answered the original question, no more than any of you did on a previous thread on the subject, why is this I wonder??? Why can't one of you explain why its necessary to move the EU parliament about constantly? Why can't one of you explain why we need a EU parliament, commission, president etc when other trading blocks around the world don't? Do any of you have the answers or just bluster and bullshit?

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"right its been fun things to do before the rugby,adios."

Hope your shouting for the Scots

Lots of angry and confused brexiteers here.

And who said the right wing press don't have all the power.

"right its been fun things to do before the rugby,adios.

Good thinking, be back later to see if there are any answers to the original post but I doubt it "

I gave you an answer, Strasbourg is a beautiful city, if you get the chance you should go. I am sure the EU love going there, who wouldn’t? I am still not sure why it bothers you, we have left the EU and what they decide to do is none of our concern

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"You guys know what, for all your banter not one of you has answered the original question, no more than any of you did on a previous thread on the subject, why is this I wonder??? Why can't one of you explain why its necessary to move the EU parliament about constantly? Why can't one of you explain why we need a EU parliament, commission, president etc when other trading blocks around the world don't? Do any of you have the answers or just bluster and bullshit?"

Not just me then that's trying to see the answer here. Closest we have is it is a nice place. Im sure it is but does not answer the question

No it doesn't answer the question at all mate, they obviously don't know the answer so waffle instead.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

sounds fucking amazing great place to party lol cathedral as sold it for me lmfao

near ipswich

Beautiful city. Great place to eat sauerkraut! Amazing cathedral and great white wines! sounds fucking amazing great place to party lol cathedral as sold it for me lmfao"

Of course its amazing a business class ticket plus a fixed allowance for sundries and a flat rate e323 a day whats not to like.

milton keynes

"No it doesn't answer the question at all mate, they obviously don't know the answer so waffle instead."

I thought not. Here's an idea if the politicians like the city so much just go and visit it in their spare time. Maybe have their holidays in it.

"No it doesn't answer the question at all mate, they obviously don't know the answer so waffle instead.

I thought not. Here's an idea if the politicians like the city so much just go and visit it in their spare time. Maybe have their holidays in it."

Why are you bothered? We have left the EU, maybe you should worry about all the Tory friends who are getting huge contracts for PPE and track and trace .

"You guys know what, for all your banter not one of you has answered the original question, no more than any of you did on a previous thread on the subject, why is this I wonder??? Why can't one of you explain why its necessary to move the EU parliament about constantly? Why can't one of you explain why we need a EU parliament, commission, president etc when other trading blocks around the world don't? Do any of you have the answers or just bluster and bullshit?

Not just me then that's trying to see the answer here. Closest we have is it is a nice place. Im sure it is but does not answer the question"

Tbh I haven’t got a clue why they go to Strasbourg every month, just like I haven’t got a clue why we have and pay for the House of Lords or why close friends of the Tories are get billions for PPE contracts and track and trace, it is all a mystery

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"You guys know what, for all your banter not one of you has answered the original question, no more than any of you did on a previous thread on the subject, why is this I wonder??? Why can't one of you explain why its necessary to move the EU parliament about constantly? Why can't one of you explain why we need a EU parliament, commission, president etc when other trading blocks around the world don't? Do any of you have the answers or just bluster and bullshit?

Not just me then that's trying to see the answer here. Closest we have is it is a nice place. Im sure it is but does not answer the question"

It is a bit silly and inefficient that the EU parliament moves.

Thing is, remainers never claimed the EU was perfect. What organisation or government is?

The point is that on balance being in the EU is more sensible than being out.

The moving of EU parliament is an incredibly small issue compared with the damage Brexit is likely going to do to jobs, the economy, security, etc

Not just me then that's trying to see the answer here. Closest we have is it is a nice place. Im sure it is but does not answer the question

Thing is, remainers never claimed the EU was perfect. What organisation or government is?

The moving of EU parliament is an incredibly small issue compared with the damage Brexit is likely going to do to jobs, the economy, security, etc"

What do they need that parliament for? The presidents? The council? The commission? What is wrong with countries making their own laws and making their own trade deals. Which other bloc needs a parliament?

near ipswich

people are always asking why others wanted to leave the eu, when certain things are pointed out to them all of a sudden why are you bothered what the eu is doing, you couldn't make it up.

"people are always asking why others wanted to leave the eu, when certain things are pointed out to them all of a sudden why are you bothered what the eu is doing, you couldn't make it up. "

So the latest justification for leaving, is that some brexiteers don't understand the EU, and how it works?

And we thought the bottom of the barrel had been scraped already.

Good hustle.

near ipswich

"people are always asking why others wanted to leave the eu, when certain things are pointed out to them all of a sudden why are you bothered what the eu is doing, you couldn't make it up.

So the latest justification for leaving, is that some brexiteers don't understand the EU, and how it works?

Good hustle. "

You seem to have got it wrong they know exactly how it works and want out.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Because there are some fantastic restaurants in Strasbourg and they need a change of choice.

"people are always asking why others wanted to leave the eu, when certain things are pointed out to them all of a sudden why are you bothered what the eu is doing, you couldn't make it up.

Good hustle. You seem to have got it wrong they know exactly how it works and want out. "

Then why do they keep posting questions here demonstrating their lack of understanding on the EU?

near ipswich

Good hustle. You seem to have got it wrong they know exactly how it works and want out.

Then why do they keep posting questions here demonstrating their lack of understanding on the EU?"

Its not a lack of understanding is it ? its trying to understand the justification for it which still doesnt seem to be answered.

Good hustle. You seem to have got it wrong they know exactly how it works and want out.

Then why do they keep posting questions here demonstrating their lack of understanding on the EU?"

We understand it. We're waiting for answers from remainers to see how much they understand

I understand very well how the EU works, including the veto systems work which many on here clearly dont by there responses at times. The reason none of them can answer is because there is no need for this to happen and it is not necessary at all it is just a waste money, and they know it hence the deflection in the thread. The answer to the other question of why is it that the EU has a parliament, a commission and a president etc is because its required purely for its political agenda, if it was a pure trading alliance they would not be required. In any trade alliance or agreement there are always standards and rules that all parties agree to abide by but they don't require a parliament, commission or a president to do so. Those on here that defend and believe in the EU and all its institutions should at least be honest about it or admit they don't know why instead of all the crap that plays out in every thread on the subject.

near ipswich

"I understand very well how the EU works, including the veto systems work which many on here clearly dont by there responses at times. The reason none of them can answer is because there is no need for this to happen and it is not necessary at all it is just a waste money, and they know it hence the deflection in the thread. The answer to the other question of why is it that the EU has a parliament, a commission and a president etc is because its required purely for its political agenda, if it was a pure trading alliance they would not be required. In any trade alliance or agreement there are always standards and rules that all parties agree to abide by but they don't require a parliament, commission or a president to do so. Those on here that defend and believe in the EU and all its institutions should at least be honest about it or admit they don't know why instead of all the crap that plays out in every thread on the subject."
well put.

"I understand very well how the EU works, including the veto systems work which many on here clearly dont by there responses at times. The reason none of them can answer is because there is no need for this to happen and it is not necessary at all it is just a waste money, and they know it hence the deflection in the thread. The answer to the other question of why is it that the EU has a parliament, a commission and a president etc is because its required purely for its political agenda, if it was a pure trading alliance they would not be required. In any trade alliance or agreement there are always standards and rules that all parties agree to abide by but they don't require a parliament, commission or a president to do so. Those on here that defend and believe in the EU and all its institutions should at least be honest about it or admit they don't know why instead of all the crap that plays out in every thread on the subject."

milton keynes

Lots of good information, well put and just as important all done without insulting people

Then why do they keep posting questions here demonstrating their lack of understanding on the EU?Its not a lack of understanding is it ? its trying to understand the justification for it which still doesnt seem to be answered."

There is no justification, they don’t need to go to Strasbourg every month and it seems like a waste of money . A lot of very large organisations tend to waste a lot of money , now we have left the EU maybe it would make more sense for the leave voters to concentrate on the amount of money wasted in the UK.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

“… I haven’t got a clue why they go to Strasbourg every month”

Because, being on the France-Germany border, and having been fought over so many times, MEPs from every Member State meet there as a constant reminder that it’s better to talk than to fight. On the other hand, the Commission being in Brussels it’s appropriate for the MEPs to hold their Committee meetings there so if that if they have any problems with the Commission’s proposals they can call its representatives over the road to explain themselves. And is it better to have a full complement of cooks, cleaners and support staff in both places, or to transfer them from Brussels to where they’re needed once a month in Strasbourg? Easy to call it a “Travelling Circus” and spout costs, but in fact it makes economic sense.

“… pretty clear that the UK never managed to make its presence felt and the EU has always been led by the French and the Germans”

SIMPLY NOT TRUE! When the UK MEPs stuck together and fought for British interests they were king-makers and king-breakers. In the 1982 election it was a “done deal” that they would vote for the German Egon Klepsch as President of the European Parliament in return for a Brit being appointed Chairman of the Agriculture Committee (probably the most important Committee at that time, remember the CAP?). His arrogance - he snubbed an invitation to come to London - cost him dearly, enough Young Turks voted against him for chaos to ensue, and an unkown Piet Dankert (who? Exactly) crept in, as much to his surprise as anybody's. Since then, I do agree that the UK’s MEPs became ineffective and worried only about themselves and the media (I won’t even mention the BREXIT ones who didn’t even bother to attend Committee meetings, God forbid they should actually do some work), and allowed their power to slip away from them. And now we are where we are…

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

There was talk that the EU Parliament would move from Strasbourg to Brussels, in exchange for the European Medicines Agency moving from London to Strasbourg.

This didn't happen, and Amsterdam was chosen instead, much to the annoyance of the more Eastern member states.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"because its not just a trading block its a political dream of some and sounds better than the mafia. "

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Demonstrating in two sentences why uneducated British people voted for Brexit.

milton keynes

"“… I haven’t got a clue why they go to Strasbourg every month”

Because, being on the France-Germany border, and having been fought over so many times, MEPs from every Member State meet there as a constant reminder that it’s better to talk than to fight. On the other hand, the Commission being in Brussels it’s appropriate for the MEPs to hold their Committee meetings there so if that if they have any problems with the Commission’s proposals they can call its representatives over the road to explain themselves. And is it better to have a full complement of cooks, cleaners and support staff in both places, or to transfer them from Brussels to where they’re needed once a month in Strasbourg? Easy to call it a “Travelling Circus” and spout costs, but in fact it makes economic sense.

“… pretty clear that the UK never managed to make its presence felt and the EU has always been led by the French and the Germans”

SIMPLY NOT TRUE! When the UK MEPs stuck together and fought for British interests they were king-makers and king-breakers. In the 1982 election it was a “done deal” that they would vote for the German Egon Klepsch as President of the European Parliament in return for a Brit being appointed Chairman of the Agriculture Committee (probably the most important Committee at that time, remember the CAP?). His arrogance - he snubbed an invitation to come to London - cost him dearly, enough Young Turks voted against him for chaos to ensue, and an unkown Piet Dankert (who? Exactly) crept in, as much to his surprise as anybody's. Since then, I do agree that the UK’s MEPs became ineffective and worried only about themselves and the media (I won’t even mention the BREXIT ones who didn’t even bother to attend Committee meetings, God forbid they should actually do some work), and allowed their power to slip away from them. And now we are where we are…

"

So the only way they can remind themselves of the horrors of war is to move a whole lot of stuff over there and then back again?. If it is why not just leave it there.

Demonstrating in two sentences why uneducated British people voted for Brexit."

So, could you educate us then please?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Demonstrating in two sentences why uneducated British people voted for Brexit."

atleast you never called us all racists like yr past rants from a few yrs back lol

near ipswich

"“… I haven’t got a clue why they go to Strasbourg every month”

So the only way they can remind themselves of the horrors of war is to move a whole lot of stuff over there and then back again?. If it is why not just leave it there."

i know it made me laugh too.

So, could you educate us then please? "

Two things.

1. It's too late, we've left, the damage has been done.

2. The EU is not a secretive organisation like from a bond movie. All the information is out there and freely available for you. Your own research is a better bet than asking randomers on a swinging site to educate you.

Two things.

2. The EU is not a secretive organisation like from a bond movie. All the information is out there and freely available for you. Your own research is a better bet than asking randomers on a swinging site to educate you.

"

That would be a no then

Two things.

That would be a no then"

Correct. I am unwilling to attempt to educate anyone who is willfully ignorant.

near ipswich

Two things.

That would be a no then

Correct. I am unwilling to attempt to educate anyone who is willfully ignorant."

Or cant.

Two things.

That would be a no then

Correct. I am unwilling to attempt to educate anyone who is willfully ignorant."

I understand very well how the EU works, including the veto systems work which many on here clearly dont by there responses at times. The reason none of them can answer is because there is no need for this to happen and it is not necessary at all it is just a waste money, and they know it hence the deflection in the thread. The answer to the other question of why is it that the EU has a parliament, a commission and a president etc is because its required purely for its political agenda, if it was a pure trading alliance they would not be required. In any trade alliance or agreement there are always standards and rules that all parties agree to abide by but they don't require a parliament, commission or a president to do so. Those on here that defend and believe in the EU and all its institutions should at least be honest about it or admit they don't know why instead of all the crap that plays out in every thread on the subject. I posted this last night, i am not uneducated in the EU at all and there is no justification for the movement of the parliament or the need to have one other than the reasons in my previous post if you know different then tell me and link your source of information.

Two things.

That would be a no then

I understand very well how the EU works, including the veto systems work which many on here clearly dont by there responses at times. The reason none of them can answer is because there is no need for this to happen and it is not necessary at all it is just a waste money, and they know it hence the deflection in the thread. The answer to the other question of why is it that the EU has a parliament, a commission and a president etc is because its required purely for its political agenda, if it was a pure trading alliance they would not be required. In any trade alliance or agreement there are always standards and rules that all parties agree to abide by but they don't require a parliament, commission or a president to do so. Those on here that defend and believe in the EU and all its institutions should at least be honest about it or admit they don't know why instead of all the crap that plays out in every thread on the subject. I posted this last night, i am not uneducated in the EU at all and there is no justification for the movement of the parliament or the need to have one other than the reasons in my previous post if you know different then tell me and link your source of information. "

I agree , and have already said that, my question would be this, why do you care? We have left the EU yet some leave voters still seem obsessed with them , why? Is it ok that the UK wastes millions every year on unnecessary bureaucracy ?

Two things.

That would be a no then

I understand very well how the EU works, including the veto systems work which many on here clearly dont by there responses at times. The reason none of them can answer is because there is no need for this to happen and it is not necessary at all it is just a waste money, and they know it hence the deflection in the thread. The answer to the other question of why is it that the EU has a parliament, a commission and a president etc is because its required purely for its political agenda, if it was a pure trading alliance they would not be required. In any trade alliance or agreement there are always standards and rules that all parties agree to abide by but they don't require a parliament, commission or a president to do so. Those on here that defend and believe in the EU and all its institutions should at least be honest about it or admit they don't know why instead of all the crap that plays out in every thread on the subject. I posted this last night, i am not uneducated in the EU at all and there is no justification for the movement of the parliament or the need to have one other than the reasons in my previous post if you know different then tell me and link your source of information.

I agree , and have already said that, my question would be this, why do you care? We have left the EU yet some leave voters still seem obsessed with them , why? Is it ok that the UK wastes millions every year on unnecessary bureaucracy ?"

Yes you have but some others on here are still making accusations of others being uneducated and playing games instead of answering the question. To answer your question I am not bothered about the EU at all, but I dint think its right that some people on here shut others down and start insulting other posters just because they have a different piont of view. I also don't agree with how this government and previous ones for many years have wasted money hand over fist, the house of Lords is the best example of our over bloated system that costs ridiculous amounts of money for nothing, but that was not what this thread was about, its deflection from the subject, if you want to talk about the UK and its waste that is a different subject and maybe someone if they wish to debate it should start a thread to do so.

Two things.

That would be a no then

I understand very well how the EU works, including the veto systems work which many on here clearly dont by there responses at times. The reason none of them can answer is because there is no need for this to happen and it is not necessary at all it is just a waste money, and they know it hence the deflection in the thread. The answer to the other question of why is it that the EU has a parliament, a commission and a president etc is because its required purely for its political agenda, if it was a pure trading alliance they would not be required. In any trade alliance or agreement there are always standards and rules that all parties agree to abide by but they don't require a parliament, commission or a president to do so. Those on here that defend and believe in the EU and all its institutions should at least be honest about it or admit they don't know why instead of all the crap that plays out in every thread on the subject. I posted this last night, i am not uneducated in the EU at all and there is no justification for the movement of the parliament or the need to have one other than the reasons in my previous post if you know different then tell me and link your source of information. "

I was replying to the other guy who keeps asking how the EU works.

The suggestion that we should ruin the UK so that we're not involved in whatever EU political agenda that's worrying you, is a very poor pro-brexit argument.

I should point out that pro-remain isn't the same as pro-EU. It's simply pragmatic, remaining would have been better for the people of the UK, and we would have retained a seat at the decision making table.

As has been mentioned a billion times before. It's done. The rich elites won, the rest of us are left arguing about how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Two things.

That would be a no then

I agree , and have already said that, my question would be this, why do you care? We have left the EU yet some leave voters still seem obsessed with them , why? Is it ok that the UK wastes millions every year on unnecessary bureaucracy ?

Yes you have but some others on here are still making accusations of others being uneducated and playing games instead of answering the question. To answer your question I am not bothered about the EU at all, but I dint think its right that some people on here shut others down and start insulting other posters just because they have a different piont of view. I also don't agree with how this government and previous ones for many years have wasted money hand over fist, the house of Lords is the best example of our over bloated system that costs ridiculous amounts of money for nothing, but that was not what this thread was about, its deflection from the subject, if you want to talk about the UK and its waste that is a different subject and maybe someone if they wish to debate it should start a thread to do so."

True, the EU has many faults and having 2 parliaments is certainly one of them, just like having the House of Lords is a waste of money as-well . Unfortunately ‘some’ leave voters will only be content and feel vindicated if the EU fails, their obsession with this isn’t healthy

Two things.

That would be a no then

The suggestion that we should ruin the UK so that we're not involved in whatever EU political agenda that's worrying you, is a very poor pro-brexit argument.

I should point out that pro-remain isn't the same as pro-EU. It's simply pragmatic, remaining would have been better for the people of the UK, and we would have retained a seat at the decision making table.

As has been mentioned a billion times before. It's done. The rich elites won, the rest of us are left arguing about how ridiculous the whole thing is."

No, I am not asking HOW the EU works I know that. I am asking WHY the political institutions are needed?

Two things.

That would be a no then

Yes you have but some others on here are still making accusations of others being uneducated and playing games instead of answering the question. To answer your question I am not bothered about the EU at all, but I dint think its right that some people on here shut others down and start insulting other posters just because they have a different piont of view. I also don't agree with how this government and previous ones for many years have wasted money hand over fist, the house of Lords is the best example of our over bloated system that costs ridiculous amounts of money for nothing, but that was not what this thread was about, its deflection from the subject, if you want to talk about the UK and its waste that is a different subject and maybe someone if they wish to debate it should start a thread to do so.

True, the EU has many faults and having 2 parliaments is certainly one of them, just like having the House of Lords is a waste of money as-well . Unfortunately ‘some’ leave voters will only be content and feel vindicated if the EU fails, their obsession with this isn’t healthy "

Yes I agree there are some, but if it did fail the damage to the world economy would hurt us and many other countries considerably, so to wish for it to fold is pretty silly in my book.

Two things.

That would be a no then

As has been mentioned a billion times before. It's done. The rich elites won, the rest of us are left arguing about how ridiculous the whole thing is.

No, I am not asking HOW the EU works I know that. I am asking WHY the political institutions are needed?"

Every time I look on here you're asking some fundamentally basic questions about the EU.

All of which you could find out with some research.

Two things.

That would be a no then

True, the EU has many faults and having 2 parliaments is certainly one of them, just like having the House of Lords is a waste of money as-well . Unfortunately ‘some’ leave voters will only be content and feel vindicated if the EU fails, their obsession with this isn’t healthy

Yes I agree there are some, but if it did fail the damage to the world economy would hurt us and many other countries considerably, so to wish for it to fold is pretty silly in my book."

I would not like to see the EU as such to fail, I would simply like to see the end of the political project/agenda and all the associated waste and for it to become/return to being purely a trading bloc and with the freedom for countries to make their own deals around the world. This would benefit EU countries and the world as a whole

Two things.

That would be a no then

No, I am not asking HOW the EU works I know that. I am asking WHY the political institutions are needed?

Every time I look on here you're asking some fundamentally basic questions about the EU.

All of which you could find out with some research. "

I have obviously done a lot more research than you because you have answered nothing yet

Two things.

That would be a no then

As has been mentioned a billion times before. It's done. The rich elites won, the rest of us are left arguing about how ridiculous the whole thing is."

I was not making an argument for brexit, I had my reasons for how I voted and I have shared them before, yes its done as you say, I dont agree with your piont of view that we should have stayed and tried to influence the shape of the EU in future, my reason being we have been trying to do so for years with no success, and over the years our influence has reduced in percentage terms as i am sure you know, the EU has its political agenda and its not going to sway from that clearly, but that's my opinion, to which I am as entitled to have as you. Also I think the other guy was asking you why the eu needed to move its parliament etc NOT how it worked.

London

The moving of EU parliament is an incredibly small issue compared with the damage Brexit is likely going to do to jobs, the economy, security, etc

What do they need that parliament for? The presidents? The council? The commission? What is wrong with countries making their own laws and making their own trade deals. Which other bloc needs a parliament? "

Again, yes, the EU has a lot of bureaucracy. Again, that doesn't mean that we are better off out than in. Can you wrap your head around the idea that no one is saying the EU is perfect?

As to why a trading block has a parliament, its because the EU is more than just a trading block! Shocking news! It's also about security, environmental issues, reducing conflict, raising living standards, etc etc.

I recommend a website called Google where you can and type in questions like yours and find detailed answers, much more detailed than you'll get from some people on a swinging website forum.

Shocking news! Every EU country already has a parliament/government to deal with those things

London

"Shocking news! Every EU country already has a parliament/government to deal with those things "

Very often more can be achieved if countries work together, and formalising and structuring that helps a lot.

This is incredibly basic stuff.

London

If you fundamentally don't want the UK to be a part of collaborations like the EU, regardless of the benefits, just argue that point.

Endlessly asking loaded questions is incredibly tiresome.

"Shocking news! Every EU country already has a parliament/government to deal with those things

Very often more can be achieved if countries work together, and formalising and structuring that helps a lot.

This is incredibly basic stuff. "

They can work together without a separate parliament, as happens all around the world. That is basic stuff

near ipswich

"If you fundamentally don't want the UK to be a part of collaborations like the EU, regardless of the benefits, just argue that point.

Endlessly asking loaded questions is incredibly tiresome. "

To be fair the thread was started to ask why people thought there needed to be an eu parliament.You can always skip the thread.

By *hilledOutGuy1Man  over a year ago

Not far away

"The troll has found another key question to keep us busy for two hours. Give him another 60 minutes to find something else.

Why is Britain an island? "

that's rich coming from you

"Shocking news! Every EU country already has a parliament/government to deal with those things

They can work together without a separate parliament, as happens all around the world. That is basic stuff "

So you want people to work together. But for it not to be called a parliament. If they just renamed it, would that help?

"If you fundamentally don't want the UK to be a part of collaborations like the EU, regardless of the benefits, just argue that point.

Endlessly asking loaded questions is incredibly tiresome. "

This is why I lose interest in these discussions. Endless barely relevent questions which are designed to some how prove that Brexit is a good idea.

99% of the questions could be answered if the person went to the EU website. They have a section called "about the EU", it's very easy to find.

They can work together without a separate parliament, as happens all around the world. That is basic stuff

So you want people to work together. But for it not to be called a parliament. If they just renamed it, would that help?"

Maybe you should learn what the word parliament means before asking silly questions.

But I think countries can work together and do deals together without 751 people sat around talking bollocks all day and trousering over £100,000 a year each plus expenses if that helps

So you want people to work together. But for it not to be called a parliament. If they just renamed it, would that help?

Maybe you should learn what the word parliament means before asking silly questions.

But I think countries can work together and do deals together without 751 people sat around talking bollocks all day and trousering over £100,000 a year each plus expenses if that helps

"

I enjoyed this. The supreme silly question askerer suggesting I was asking a silly question.

A good metaphor for the state of the country.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Just my 2 pence worth and I don’t care if you disagree. I’m just sharing

The moving parliament is a historic anomaly intended to share the initial benefit between countries of a much smaller EU.

It is as everyone agrees out of date and wastes €106m a year.

All the leading candidates to replace Junkers have said they intended to do away with the practice if they are elected. So it’s taken 40 years to start to get rid. Progress.

We are a few hundred years into the House of Lords and no sign of that changing so can hardly point any fingers. No progress. And the EU didn’t stop us from changing It.

As for a political reason to have a parliament. The reason is fairness and driven by democratic process. If say Romania wanted to make cheap unsafe cars and sell them in the U.K. we would say no you labour costs and safely are substandard . If we then wanted to sell our cars to Romania they can say fuck you they are too shiny.

The parliament sets rules and a fair basis so we all adhere to similar standards whilst overseeing any disagreements and producers can be held to account if they don’ abide by the rules.

The parliament makes the arguments and different viewpoints come together to agree a common goal. So progress is made on trade.

Bad ideas and bias proposals are usually exposed and voted down.

No one country wants the EU to have total control so we were in a club of 28 who all agreed that. There was no conspiracy.

The EU turned their guns on Ryanair because they were refusing to pay the EU agreed compensation to travellers.

I personally benefitted from a jet two flight being refunded.

If each country went at this alone we wouldn’t have a chance because the airlines lobby would be much stronger in both Ireland and the U.K. which are their bases.

The EU says pay up or don’t bother flying to any EU country as we will impound your planes.

It’s the sheer might of the EU which does in fact protect us. The vested interests of a company are watered down if they are abusive to the customer.

Our consumer rights have increased dramatically due to the EU and yes we may have done it eventually ourselves but being honest I doubt it.

Look how long we were asking for roaming charges to be dropped . The EU said it’s dropping and it did.

There’s a list of these but I won’t bore you.

I personally think individuals benefit far more than then realise from the EU.

Feel free to rant about democracy but if we look the system in the U.K. it is definitely not a shinning light when it comes to the representation of its people whichever side of the fence you sit.

At least the EU is a welcome all to the party if you meet the rules for joining.

It’s probably a lot more democratically a representation of the people it works for than our parliament has ever been.

It’s not a two party debate.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

"Just my 2 pence worth and I don’t care if you disagree. I’m just sharing

The moving parliament is a historic anomaly intended to share the initial benefit between countries of a much smaller EU.

All the leading candidates to replace Junkers have said they intended to do away with the practice if they are elected. So it’s taken 40 years to start to get rid. Progress.

We are a few hundred years into the House of Lords and no sign of that changing so can hardly point any fingers. No progress. And the EU didn’t stop us from changing It.

As for a political reason to have a parliament. The reason is fairness and driven by democratic process. If say Romania wanted to make cheap unsafe cars and sell them in the U.K. we would say no you labour costs and safely are substandard . If we then wanted to sell our cars to Romania they can say fuck you they are too shiny.

The parliament sets rules and a fair basis so we all adhere to similar standards whilst overseeing any disagreements and producers can be held to account if they don’ abide by the rules.

The parliament makes the arguments and different viewpoints come together to agree a common goal. So progress is made on trade.

No one country wants the EU to have total control so we were in a club of 28 who all agreed that. There was no conspiracy.

The EU turned their guns on Ryanair because they were refusing to pay the EU agreed compensation to travellers.

If each country went at this alone we wouldn’t have a chance because the airlines lobby would be much stronger in both Ireland and the U.K. which are their bases.

The EU says pay up or don’t bother flying to any EU country as we will impound your planes.

It’s the sheer might of the EU which does in fact protect us. The vested interests of a company are watered down if they are abusive to the customer.

Our consumer rights have increased dramatically due to the EU and yes we may have done it eventually ourselves but being honest I doubt it.

Look how long we were asking for roaming charges to be dropped . The EU said it’s dropping and it did.

Feel free to rant about democracy but if we look the system in the U.K. it is definitely not a shinning light when it comes to the representation of its people whichever side of the fence you sit.

At least the EU is a welcome all to the party if you meet the rules for joining.

It’s probably a lot more democratically a representation of the people it works for than our parliament has ever been.

Well said all of this is very true.

"

near ipswich

"

We are a few hundred years into the House of Lords and no sign of that changing so can hardly point any fingers. No progress. And the EU didn’t stop us from changing It

First the eu cannot stop this because France have a veto and its written that it needs 100% agreement so that will never change.

second its nothing like the lords they do not move lock ,stock and barrel to scotland for example every month.

This already happens under WTO you dont need a parliament for that trading standards do that job.

ditto countries have there own parliament which do that.

As for the other stuff air travel roaming charges these would have come about by competition anyway so no need to pay billions for that to come about.

'The European Parliament is ridiculous, very ridiculous'

Jean Claude Juncker 2017

Manchester

We are a few hundred years into the House of Lords and no sign of that changing so can hardly point any fingers. No progress. And the EU didn’t stop us from changing It

First the eu cannot stop this because France have a veto and its written that it needs 100% agreement so that will never change.

second its nothing like the lords they do not move lock ,stock and barrel to scotland for example every month.

This already happens under WTO you dont need a parliament for that trading standards do that job.

As for the other stuff air travel roaming charges these would have come about by competition anyway so no need to pay billions for that to come about."

France have intimated they are will to let it go and so are Luxembourg. Where £12m is spent annually

The lords has been identified as a waste of the U.K. taxpayers money for a lot longer and costs more per head to everyone in tne U.K. so is far more urgent. But it won’t happen as I said. The two party state likes the status quo and a nice retirement earner.

WTO sets out to encourage and agree to standards it does not have set regulations to adhere to in their article 20.

The standards are encouraged to be equitable to each country’s trade so we would have 27 different agreements to sell into the EU so that would be fun for manufacturers. Sorry mate wrong plug!!

WTO focuses on desirable agreements between two states so you match the domestic market you’re selling in to avoid unfair advantage not multi country.

Interestingly the biggest U.K. providers Vodafone and O2 fought for years against getting rid of roaming charges so go figure how we would get around that on our own!

As for the other stuff air travel roaming charges these would have come about by competition anyway so no need to pay billions for that to come about.

France have intimated they are will to let it go and so are Luxembourg. Where £12m is spent annually

The lords has been identified as a waste of the U.K. taxpayers money for a lot longer and costs more per head to everyone in tne U.K. so is far more urgent. But it won’t happen as I said. The two party state likes the status quo and a nice retirement earner.

WTO sets out to encourage and agree to standards it does not have set regulations to adhere to in their article 20.

The standards are encouraged to be equitable to each country’s trade so we would have 27 different agreements to sell into the EU so that would be fun for manufacturers. Sorry mate wrong plug!!

WTO focuses on desirable agreements between two states so you match the domestic market you’re selling in to avoid unfair advantage not multi country.

Interestingly the biggest U.K. providers Vodafone and O2 fought for years against getting rid of roaming charges so go figure how we would get around that on our own! "

Well most of the stuff in my house seems to come from China and the far East. How long have they sat in the EU parliament. And as for roaming charges, didn't they just increase domestic charges to compensate, thereby affecting the poorest users?

Manchester

Interestingly the biggest U.K. providers Vodafone and O2 fought for years against getting rid of roaming charges so go figure how we would get around that on our own!

Well most of the stuff in my house seems to come from China and the far East. How long have they sat in the EU parliament. And as for roaming charges, didn't they just increase domestic charges to compensate, thereby affecting the poorest users? "

Good for you supporting extremely low paid and in some cases slave workers in the Far East. I think we possible make the same stuff in Europe including the U.K. but you’re pro British so I’m sure you looked to support the U.K. first if possible.

The EU has set quality standards which enable China to supply all markets under the same umbrella of agreements helping exports to and imports from the EU

That’s why there are creating their own version in Asia as it works for business so well.

I don’t see many low earning phone users paying hundreds of pounds a month to replace the roaming costs so provide evidence on that one please .

Of course the phone companies spread their profits but suspect it will be the middle users which is most of us to level it out. Nothing wrong there then. Also I suspect they recorded a drop in profits but can’t prove that either.

near ipswich

Interestingly the biggest U.K. providers Vodafone and O2 fought for years against getting rid of roaming charges so go figure how we would get around that on our own! "

Yeah right if you believe that about France you have been eu brainwashed for too long.

the lords i would love them to be cut to about 50 but if your argument is we have the lords so its not a problem the eu wasting money i dont buy that either.

As i said countries have trading standards if they dont meet the requirement they dont get to sell in that country.You are getting this mixed up with protectionist agenda of the eu to justify their wages.

Vodaphone and 02 of course didnt want to get rid of roaming charges but someone would have come along and done it and they would have had to follow suit or lose business its called market competition i thought you may have known all about that as an international buisnessman.

Well most of the stuff in my house seems to come from China and the far East. How long have they sat in the EU parliament. And as for roaming charges, didn't they just increase domestic charges to compensate, thereby affecting the poorest users? "

Domestic charges didn't change.

Do you genuinely not understand how lower Labour costs in China lead to an excess of Chinese made products on the UK market?

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-so-many-products-made-in-China

Well most of the stuff in my house seems to come from China and the far East. How long have they sat in the EU parliament. And as for roaming charges, didn't they just increase domestic charges to compensate, thereby affecting the poorest users?

Do you genuinely not understand how lower Labour costs in China lead to an excess of Chinese made products on the UK market?

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-so-many-products-made-in-China"

Did their profits fall?

You mean UK and EU don't you? And where was the phone made you're using?

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-so-many-products-made-in-China

Did their profits fall?

You mean UK and EU don't you? And where was the phone made you're using? "

Probably yes their profits fell. But to be honest, I don't care, so have never looked into it.

UK and EU what?

My phone says it was manufactured in India. Is this a "win" for brexit?

Manchester

Interestingly the biggest U.K. providers Vodafone and O2 fought for years against getting rid of roaming charges so go figure how we would get around that on our own! Yeah right if you believe that about France you have been eu brainwashed for too long.

the lords i would love them to be cut to about 50 but if your argument is we have the lords so its not a problem the eu wasting money i dont buy that either.

As i said countries have trading standards if they dont meet the requirement they dont get to sell in that country.You are getting this mixed up with protectionist agenda of the eu to justify their wages.

Vodaphone and 02 of course didnt want to get rid of roaming charges but someone would have come along and done it and they would have had to follow suit or lose business its called market competition i thought you may have known all about that as an international buisnessman. "

Again with the personal sarcasm.

If you can’t debate your argument in a grown up way the don’t bother.

If your jealous the don’t be I worked fucking hard and built my my businesses from scratch with help from ordinary everyday workers i met along the way.

They didn’t seem to be upset or have a personal issue with my hard work paying off but you do.

Don’t let it eat you up.

You’re going to be so much better off with Brexit .

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 23/11/20 22:04:16]

Manchester

Interestingly the biggest U.K. providers Vodafone and O2 fought for years against getting rid of roaming charges so go figure how we would get around that on our own! Yeah right if you believe that about France you have been eu brainwashed for too long.

Vodaphone and 02 of course didnt want to get rid of roaming charges but someone would have come along and done it and they would have had to follow suit or lose business its called market competition i thought you may have known all about that as an international buisnessman. "

I omitted to answer your points. We can’t have you thinking what you’ve written is right. Or that I don’t care about your views ! But I won’t make it personal. I’m sure we would have a giggle away from Brexit.

You don’t believe the french will relent on a part of €106m but you believe Boris has an oven ready deal and we hold all the cards and a fucking red bus. Really??

The point was the lords are far more expensive to each person in this country but we don’t protest or threaten to leave the country as a result, it’s just part of what we want to change. Honestly ask yourself how many times you’ve seen any voices calling for change in the media. The EU is addressing the multiple sites. We’re not addressing the lords in any way shape it form.

Cameron mentioned it then nothing.

Protectionism in the EU for the citizens of Europe and there you have it because we won’t get that protection anymore. Our staggering loss.

If you look back at your recent history Vodafone and O2 have both been fined for operating a price cartel both in the U.K. and Europe.

Our government did nothing at all about this. It was the Dutch who pushed for reform not U.K. Government. Both companies we’re listed on the London stock exchange and lobbied the U.K. government. But that’s nothing to worry about is it.

Seeing as they controlled 90% of the mast network they also controlled other providers and therefore pricing.

Market forces will never naturally beat a cartel on this scale. The EU did and all consumers were better off as a result.

The EU then went after the chip manufacturers whose chips go into mobile phones. Amazingly the biggest voice complaining was Vodafone!

Kettle and Pot comes to mind.

near ipswich

Vodaphone and 02 of course didnt want to get rid of roaming charges but someone would have come along and done it and they would have had to follow suit or lose business its called market competition i thought you may have known all about that as an international buisnessman.

I omitted to answer your points. We can’t have you thinking what you’ve written is right. Or that I don’t care about your views ! But I won’t make it personal. I’m sure we would have a giggle away from Brexit.

You don’t believe the french will relent on a part of €106m but you believe Boris has an oven ready deal and we hold all the cards and a fucking red bus. Really??

The point was the lords are far more expensive to each person in this country but we don’t protest or threaten to leave the country as a result, it’s just part of what we want to change. Honestly ask yourself how many times you’ve seen any voices calling for change in the media. The EU is addressing the multiple sites. We’re not addressing the lords in any way shape it form.

Cameron mentioned it then nothing.

Protectionism in the EU for the citizens of Europe and there you have it because we won’t get that protection anymore. Our staggering loss.

If you look back at your recent history Vodafone and O2 have both been fined for operating a price cartel both in the U.K. and Europe.

Our government did nothing at all about this. It was the Dutch who pushed for reform not U.K. Government. Both companies we’re listed on the London stock exchange and lobbied the U.K. government. But that’s nothing to worry about is it.

Seeing as they controlled 90% of the mast network they also controlled other providers and therefore pricing.

Market forces will never naturally beat a cartel on this scale. The EU did and all consumers were better off as a result.

The EU then went after the chip manufacturers whose chips go into mobile phones. Amazingly the biggest voice complaining was Vodafone!

Kettle and Pot comes to mind.

"

who said i believed what was written on a bus you are assuming that the oven ready deal was referring to the withdrawal procedure.

How do you propose people leave their own country ? you are not making sense.

Obviously you dont believe in free market competition as someone always finds a way to undercut the big boys,easyjet and ryanair come to mind in the past and now they are big cartels facing competition from the likes of jet2 etc thats the way business works.

The only cartel i can see is the eu its self other countries seem to have trade agreements without having to have a political ideology and they seem to get along just fine.

On the roaming charges issue I think that the proliferation of WiFi has had a bigger impact than any EU dictat. Let's face it it's available on transport and in practically every bar and cafe and I for one rarely use roaming. So it was better for the companies to drop the prices and get something rather than nothing. Market forces

"On the roaming charges issue I think that the proliferation of WiFi has had a bigger impact than any EU dictat. Let's face it it's available on transport and in practically every bar and cafe and I for one rarely use roaming. So it was better for the companies to drop the prices and get something rather than nothing. Market forces "

So losing the guarantee of free roaming in the EU is a Brexit benefit because you personally prefer to use WiFi on a bus when you're on holiday?

I suppose it's as good as any reason to vote leave that I've seen.

"On the roaming charges issue I think that the proliferation of WiFi has had a bigger impact than any EU dictat. Let's face it it's available on transport and in practically every bar and cafe and I for one rarely use roaming. So it was better for the companies to drop the prices and get something rather than nothing. Market forces

So losing the guarantee of free roaming in the EU is a Brexit benefit because you personally prefer to use WiFi on a bus when you're on holiday?

I suppose it's as good as any reason to vote leave that I've seen."

It isn't free

"On the roaming charges issue I think that the proliferation of WiFi has had a bigger impact than any EU dictat. Let's face it it's available on transport and in practically every bar and cafe and I for one rarely use roaming. So it was better for the companies to drop the prices and get something rather than nothing. Market forces

It isn't free "

It was.

It isn't free

It was."

No it wasn't, it comes/came off your UK allowance that you pay/paid for and if exceeded you have to pay for more. Have you never been abroad?

It isn't free

It was.

No it wasn't, it comes/came off your UK allowance that you pay/paid for and if exceeded you have to pay for more. Have you never been abroad? "

Does you not understanding what roaming means, constitute another win for brexit?

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-telecoms/mobile-roaming-costs/index_en.htm

This will help.

I have been abroad. Is this a win or lose for your pro brexit arguments?

It isn't free

It was.

No it wasn't, it comes/came off your UK allowance that you pay/paid for and if exceeded you have to pay for more. Have you never been abroad?

Does you not understanding what roaming means, constitute another win for brexit?

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/internet-telecoms/mobile-roaming-costs/index_en.htm

This will help.

"

Do you not understand what the word additional means? And in the scheme of things this roaming business is neither here nor there, win lose brexit no brexit, whatever

It isn't free

It was.

This will help.

Do you not understand what the word additional means? And in the scheme of things this roaming business is neither here nor there, win lose brexit no brexit, whatever "

I'm familiar with the word "additional".

And I agree. Compared to all the damage done by brexit. Potentially losing free EU roaming is inconsequential to most people who don't own telecommunications companies.

near ipswich

It isn't free

It was.

This will help.

Do you not understand what the word additional means? And in the scheme of things this roaming business is neither here nor there, win lose brexit no brexit, whatever "

Well im glad you agree its neither here nor there it seems to some a reason to stay in the eu.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

I suppose it's as good as any reason to vote leave that I've seen."

So which companies are stopping EU roaming ? Most allow inclusive roaming in many countries just not the EU

» Add a new message to this topic