What is your point?"

That we wouldn't have been allowed to do this if we were members of the EU

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Brexit

What is your point?

That we wouldn't have been allowed to do this if we were members of the EU"

I’ll think you’ll find we could, but chose not to. Its one of the features about people’s beliefs on the EU. We could have applied our own rules but never did. Ifour MEPs hadn’t played such silly buggers, we could have had our cake & eaten it. Now we aren’t even getting crumbs.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Brexit

What is your point?

I’ll think you’ll find we could, but chose not to. Its one of the features about people’s beliefs on the EU. We could have applied our own rules but never did. Ifour MEPs hadn’t played such silly buggers, we could have had our cake & eaten it. Now we aren’t even getting crumbs. "

I think you'll find we couldn't. One local authority in Kent tried to get it banned but was overruled by the High Court who said it was against EU trade rules.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

It's only a ban on exports for live animals destined for slaughter.

"It's only a ban on exports for live animals destined for slaughter. "

Ye and I'm not a farmer but I would imagine that animals transported for slaughter would not be treated as well as animals transported for sale? But the point I'm trying to make is that we are now free to make our own rules

By *eeler4uCouple  over a year ago

Stirlingshire

Pedigree animals for breeding still aloud but more health checks and paperwork involved.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I saw somewhere that they were moaning that 10,000 stray dogs in Rumania wont beable to be adopted in the uk.Now im a massive dog lover but haven't we got enough dogs that need homes already?

bournemouth

"I saw somewhere that they were moaning that 10,000 stray dogs in Rumania wont beable to be adopted in the uk.Now im a massive dog lover but haven't we got enough dogs that need homes already? "

Good job too we know three people who have had them, they just arent suitable for rehoming here, they are used to running wild not being shut in houses or walked on leads.

bournemouth

"It's only a ban on exports for live animals destined for slaughter.

Ye and I'm not a farmer but I would imagine that animals transported for slaughter would not be treated as well as animals transported for sale? But the point I'm trying to make is that we are now free to make our own rules "

Always the odd bad apple but the rules are very strict and if animals are found to have bruises or markings from bring hit they will be severely discounted as bruised meat cant be sold, however I would not be happy for my animals to be hauled hundreds of miles for no good reason, I would never let mine go into the halal or kosher market due to the lack of decent stunning before death

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Brexit

What is your point?

I’ll think you’ll find we could, but chose not to. Its one of the features about people’s beliefs on the EU. We could have applied our own rules but never did. Ifour MEPs hadn’t played such silly buggers, we could have had our cake & eaten it. Now we aren’t even getting crumbs.

I think you'll find we couldn't. One local authority in Kent tried to get it banned but was overruled by the High Court who said it was against EU trade rules. "

No needto worry the ukonly produces 70 % of the meat eaten here

Didnt you see Tom Kerridge on question time last night .

30% shortage of meat means more dead fish to consume .

"Brexit

What is your point?

I think you'll find we couldn't. One local authority in Kent tried to get it banned but was overruled by the High Court who said it was against EU trade rules.

30% shortage of meat means more dead fish to consume ."

You're missing the point.

So anyway, you're all for the transportation of live animals across borders to slaughter? Fair enough.

But where the UK leads the EU follows...... eventually

near ipswich

"Brexit

What is your point?

30% shortage of meat means more dead fish to consume ."

Thats why the Australian deal will be done very soon they have plenty especially now they have fallen out with china and a sea of good wine so the french can keep theirs too.

Chudleigh

"Brexit

What is your point?

I think you'll find we couldn't. One local authority in Kent tried to get it banned but was overruled by the High Court who said it was against EU trade rules. "

If the UK Govt had decided on the rules then we could. A Council is always going to lose against National rules. We just chose not to make that choice...

"Brexit

What is your point?

If the UK Govt had decided on the rules then we could. A Council is always going to lose against National rules. We just chose not to make that choice... "

You obviously don't understand do you. Nevermind

near ipswich

"Brexit

What is your point?

If the UK Govt had decided on the rules then we could. A Council is always going to lose against National rules. We just chose not to make that choice... "

The uk gov is deciding on the rules now so we can.

Can I just ask, why would we want to stop the export of live animals for slaughter.

I'm one of the green enviro lot, but not at the expense of people's income and livelyhood.

So what exactly are those farmers who might loose out on husbandry trade, and the haulliers who specifically do this sort of thing going to do?

A poor population doesn't have the means or mental energy to invest time on making ecologically sustainable consumer choices.

"Brexit

What is your point?

This is actually something we could not do in the EU, I'm saying this as a pro-EU person, at least according to a quick search online.

That said, why you'd want to hurt your farming industry this way without a clear plan escapes me.

Oh, I know, it's because until Johnson's capitulation on some issues last week, the Industry Groups and the Civil Service we're expecting a no deal or slightly better, an Australian arrangement;

Under this modellers and private sector groups are projecting the UK cannot feed itself as of Jan 2021. Aka, food shortages.

So this is the plan, reduce our exports because otherwise our options are destroy our agri economy with cheap imports, or make the average man and woman poorer at the end of the month due to food price hikes.

Where will the animals be slaughtered?

"Can I just ask, why would we want to stop the export of live animals for slaughter.

I'm one of the green enviro lot, but not at the expense of people's income and livelyhood.

So what exactly are those farmers who might loose out on husbandry trade, and the haulliers who specifically do this sort of thing going to do?

A poor population doesn't have the means or mental energy to invest time on making ecologically sustainable consumer choices."

Why? Because it is cruel maybe? And the sums of money involved aren't that great. Why are several other EU countries trying to stop live export out of the EU and trying to limit journey times inside the EU? Why? Because it's inhumane and cruel. And why can't they stop it? Because you have to get 27 countries to back it. And what are the chances of that

bournemouth

"Can I just ask, why would we want to stop the export of live animals for slaughter.

A poor population doesn't have the means or mental energy to invest time on making ecologically sustainable consumer choices."

The reason animals are exported live is because of stupid labelling rules, its mainly sheep that this affects as the French love our lamb but want to buy french lamb so french supermarkets will buy uk lamb as they can label it french lamb once it's been in france for a short time and killed there. France is generally too hot and dry to produce quality lamb in the amount they buy. If there is a no deal brexit it wont make a lot of difference to trade as lamb has a very high tariff so trade will change a lot.

The Arab countries are huge buyers of Australian and NZ lamb and they are shipped to the middle east which is wrong in my view.

By *lliedomMan  over a year ago

Chester

One EU nation can’t put in rules unilaterally that stop other nations from trading freely. If we put in higher standards we would restrict EU trade and therefore be challenged. So setting a higher standard without Brexit would have been challenging- as would changing farming subsidies to encourage more environmentally farming.

We can have better standards- and keep out stuff made with a lower standard- because of Brexit

Chudleigh

"Brexit

What is your point?

If the UK Govt had decided on the rules then we could. A Council is always going to lose against National rules. We just chose not to make that choice...

You obviously don't understand do you. Nevermind "

Kent Council doesn’t decide. You don’t understand. The UK could have, but chosen not to, even when they could... Now you claim because of Brexit we can apply the rule we always could have done. Thisis part of the reason why people fell for Brexit lies. We could make our own rules even in the EU, they just had to be more rigorous and not less. Do you understand now?

near ipswich

"Brexit

What is your point?

Kent Council doesn’t decide. You don’t understand. The UK could have, but chosen not to, even when they could... Now you claim because of Brexit we can apply the rule we always could have done. Thisis part of the reason why people fell for Brexit lies. We could make our own rules even in the EU, they just had to be more rigorous and not less. Do you understand now? "

This is what the judge said.

The judge said the ban was a "disproportionate decision reached in haste" without receiving separate legal advice.

He said the move had breached a fundamental element of the rules governing free trade in the EU.

Check out the BBC website, the UK could not do as you say as it would have been in breach of EU law regarding the rules of free movement and trade within the EU single market.

My post above is in reply to _ethnmelv by the way.

"Brexit

What is your point?

Kent Council doesn’t decide. You don’t understand. The UK could have, but chosen not to, even when they could... Now you claim because of Brexit we can apply the rule we always could have done. Thisis part of the reason why people fell for Brexit lies. We could make our own rules even in the EU, they just had to be more rigorous and not less. Do you understand now? "

You have obviously fallen for remain lies or just don't understand. Once a country has signed up to EU laws/rules they cannot unilaterally pull out of them no matter what their government wants to do. And could you explain how you make the banning of something, like the transport of animals for slaughter for example, more rigorous?

Chudleigh

"Brexit

What is your point?

Kent Council doesn’t decide. You don’t understand. The UK could have, but chosen not to, even when they could... Now you claim because of Brexit we can apply the rule we always could have done. Thisis part of the reason why people fell for Brexit lies. We could make our own rules even in the EU, they just had to be more rigorous and not less. Do you understand now?

You have obviously fallen for remain lies or just don't understand. Once a country has signed up to EU laws/rules they cannot unilaterally pull out of them no matter what their government wants to do. And could you explain how you make the banning of something, like the transport of animals for slaughter for example, more rigorous? "

It isn’t about pulling out of them, it is applying them properly. It would have been perfectly reasonable for the UK Govt to apply stricter animal welfare rules. The fact that Kent lost a case shows only that Counties cannot make national rules.

"Brexit

What is your point?

You have obviously fallen for remain lies or just don't understand. Once a country has signed up to EU laws/rules they cannot unilaterally pull out of them no matter what their government wants to do. And could you explain how you make the banning of something, like the transport of animals for slaughter for example, more rigorous?

It isn’t about pulling out of them, it is applying them properly. It would have been perfectly reasonable for the UK Govt to apply stricter animal welfare rules. The fact that Kent lost a case shows only that Counties cannot make national rules. "

No, it shows that the government knew that bringing a case would be a waste of time and money. Are you not listening to everyone else on this thread either?

Chudleigh

Exporting Live Animals

The EU puts a number of restrictions on exporting live animals for slaughter or further fattening, such as ensuring adequate space, and providing food, water and rest, which all EU countries have to abide by. They were implemented in the UK in 2007.

Member countries are entitled to take stricter measures, if they wish - the EU welfare standards are a minimum all countries have to follow.

If the UK wanted to put further restrictions on live animal exports, it could do so while it is still in the EU.

But if it wanted to fully ban them, it would not be allowed to do so under the current EU single market rules.

Anything else youneed to know? (Source BBC talking to Michael Gove).

near ipswich

"Exporting Live Animals

The EU puts a number of restrictions on exporting live animals for slaughter or further fattening, such as ensuring adequate space, and providing food, water and rest, which all EU countries have to abide by. They were implemented in the UK in 2007.

Member countries are entitled to take stricter measures, if they wish - the EU welfare standards are a minimum all countries have to follow.

If the UK wanted to put further restrictions on live animal exports, it could do so while it is still in the EU.

But if it wanted to fully ban them, it would not be allowed to do so under the current EU single market rules.

Anything else youneed to know? (Source BBC talking to Michael Gove)."

Finally you agree that the uk could not ban the transport of live animals while in the eu.

This is what the thread has been about glad you finally agree.

"Exporting Live Animals

No thank you, you have just confirmed what I've been saying all along

"Exporting Live Animals

Finally you agree then.

Chudleigh

"Exporting Live Animals

Finally you agree then."

....you do know that it isn’t allowed under WTO rules either? So no change with Brexit

"Brexit

What is your point?

30% shortage of meat means more dead fish to consume .Thats why the Australian deal will be done very soon they have plenty especially now they have fallen out with china and a sea of good wine so the french can keep theirs too. "

Damn think how much cheaper it will be to transport

Wine from Australia instead of france .

"Exporting Live Animals

Finally you agree then.

....you do know that it isn’t allowed under WTO rules either? So no change with Brexit "

Yes I know it still is unfortunately as its a abhorrent practice that is not needed and just causes undue stress to the animal. The original post was about the EU though and not WTO rules. People in this country have been campaigning against it for years now and hopefully will continue to do so in my opinion, I also hope that maybe the WTO can be made to drop the practice too in time. To me this issue is not just about brexit and the EU and all that bollocks, its about what is humane.

"Brexit

What is your point?

30% shortage of meat means more dead fish to consume .Thats why the Australian deal will be done very soon they have plenty especially now they have fallen out with china and a sea of good wine so the french can keep theirs too.

Damn think how much cheaper it will be to transport

Wine from Australia instead of france .

"

My favourite comes from Chile, it's cheaper and better than French

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

You can get pretty much everything from other countries that you can get from the 27

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

I should add that transporting live animals for slaughter should have been outlawed years ago it’s barbaric and unethical and totally unnecessary

I’m a meat eater but animals should not be stressed any more than is absolutely necessary

"I should add that transporting live animals for slaughter should have been outlawed years ago it’s barbaric and unethical and totally unnecessary

I’m a meat eater but animals should not be stressed any more than is absolutely necessary "

I agree, when do you think the UK will ban this?

near ipswich

"I should add that transporting live animals for slaughter should have been outlawed years ago it’s barbaric and unethical and totally unnecessary

I’m a meat eater but animals should not be stressed any more than is absolutely necessary

I agree, when do you think the UK will ban this? "

Depends

Environment Secretary George Eustice said the ban could be in force by the end of 2021 in a post-Brexit break from EU trade rules.

The RSPCA welcomed the move, saying it would be "a landmark achievement for animal welfare".

But the National Farmers Union is calling for improvements to export rules, rather than an outright ban.

The government is launching an eight-week consultation on the plan - which includes measures to cut the amount of time animals spend in trucks within the UK.

A package of reforms is then expected to come to Parliament next summer.

I agree, when do you think the UK will ban this? Depends

Environment Secretary George Eustice said the ban could be in force by the end of 2021 in a post-Brexit break from EU trade rules.

The RSPCA welcomed the move, saying it would be "a landmark achievement for animal welfare".

But the National Farmers Union is calling for improvements to export rules, rather than an outright ban.

The government is launching an eight-week consultation on the plan - which includes measures to cut the amount of time animals spend in trucks within the UK.

A package of reforms is then expected to come to Parliament next summer."

Won't go through, the Farmers Union will point out a hard brexit will damage UK farming, farmers are often bread and butter Tory voters, the Tories won't have the mettle to to damage farming anymore which is a strong part of our economy, a d they won't be willing to push farmers away.

near ipswich

I agree, when do you think the UK will ban this? Depends

A package of reforms is then expected to come to Parliament next summer.

Won't go through, the Farmers Union will point out a hard brexit will damage UK farming, farmers are often bread and butter Tory voters, the Tories won't have the mettle to to damage farming anymore which is a strong part of our economy, a d they won't be willing to push farmers away."

Ok if you say so.

Chudleigh

So Brexit hasn’t helped in any way. Another example of Brexit being crap...

near ipswich

"So Brexit hasn’t helped in any way. Another example of Brexit being crap... "
You still dont seem to have grasped that the uk could not ban the transport of live animals abroad while in the eu.

Chudleigh

"So Brexit hasn’t helped in any way. Another example of Brexit being crap... You still dont seem to have grasped that the uk could not ban the transport of live animals abroad while in the eu.

"

I got that bit. We could have applied better rules, but we didn’t. Now the interesting thing is we could have applied better rules under EU than WTO - so what point do you have? Do you not care about animals?

near ipswich

"So Brexit hasn’t helped in any way. Another example of Brexit being crap... You still dont seem to have grasped that the uk could not ban the transport of live animals abroad while in the eu.

I got that bit. We could have applied better rules, but we didn’t. Now the interesting thing is we could have applied better rules under EU than WTO - so what point do you have? Do you not care about animals?"

We could not ban sending live animals abroad due to the free trade agreement the rules in the eu are for all countries equally.If the uk banned the shipping of live animals farmers in the uk could take them to the eu court and say they are being treated differently to the rest of the eu and would have won.

now we have left we can ban the shipping of live animals abroad full stop.So yes i do care about the welfare of animals a bit more than the eu it seems.

The wto doesnt even come into it as once its banned in the uk nobody will be able to do it anyway.

Chudleigh

I got that bit. We could have applied better rules, but we didn’t. Now the interesting thing is we could have applied better rules under EU than WTO - so what point do you have? Do you not care about animals?We could not ban sending live animals abroad due to the free trade agreement the rules in the eu are for all countries equally.If the uk banned the shipping of live animals farmers in the uk could take them to the eu court and say they are being treated differently to the rest of the eu and would have won.

now we have left we can ban the shipping of live animals abroad full stop.So yes i do care about the welfare of animals a bit more than the eu it seems.

The wto doesnt even come into it as once its banned in the uk nobody will be able to do it anyway.

"

Chudleigh

I got that bit. We could have applied better rules, but we didn’t. Now the interesting thing is we could have applied better rules under EU than WTO - so what point do you have? Do you not care about animals?We could not ban sending live animals abroad due to the free trade agreement the rules in the eu are for all countries equally.If the uk banned the shipping of live animals farmers in the uk could take them to the eu court and say they are being treated differently to the rest of the eu and would have won.

"

Under WTO we cannot ban export of live animals, so leaving the EU doesn’t help in any way...

near ipswich

Under WTO we cannot ban export of live animals, so leaving the EU doesn’t help in any way... "

What are you on about? you choose to trade under wto on what you want to trade if your country bans trading live animals you cant full stop.

you really need to look at how it works.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Quite funny seeing Brexiters pretending they care about animal rights.

Also worth noting this ban doesn't apply to poultry, which make up the vast majority of live animal exports.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Quite funny seeing Brexiters pretending they care about animal rights.

Also worth noting this ban doesn't apply to poultry, which make up the vast majority of live animal exports. "

They have to cling to something

I never knew fishing was such a massive industry

Chudleigh

Also worth noting this ban doesn't apply to poultry, which make up the vast majority of live animal exports.

I never knew fishing was such a massive industry "

Ok, so I’m a Remainer & the rules suggest Brexit is shit & this is my fault... you are mad! ??

liverpool

Ok, so I’m a Remainer & the rules suggest Brexit is shit & this is my fault... you are mad! ??"

Eh?

That's another 2 missing or ignoring the point

near ipswich

Also worth noting this ban doesn't apply to poultry, which make up the vast majority of live animal exports. "

So what all brexiteers dont care about animal welfare now? get a grip mate and have a think about things before you post them,i suppose we are all secret devil worshipers too?

bournemouth

That's because most poultry exported are day old chicks

That's because most poultry exported are day old chicks "

And that’s ok?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

And that’s ok? "

Can't see too much of anything getting across the channel to France anyway.

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

Can't see too much of anything getting across the channel to France anyway."

Do you think trade will just stop?

Fishing?? What’s that got to do with live animal exports..??

near ipswich

Fishing?? What’s that got to do with live animal exports..?? .

"

maybe he thinks fish are animals.

the wetlands

And that’s ok?

Can't see too much of anything getting across the channel to France anyway.Do you think trade will just stop? "

Ask the French, they seem to think it will be difficult.

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

Can't see too much of anything getting across the channel to France anyway.Do you think trade will just stop?

Ask the French, they seem to think it will be difficult. "

What they wont want to sell us any of their goodies anymore?

bournemouth

And that’s ok? "

Lots are flown to the far east not only to europe. No business will allow them to die and they get better conditions than millions of humans live in in poor parts of the world.

[Removed by poster at 06/12/20 16:48:57]

And that’s ok?

Can't see too much of anything getting across the channel to France anyway.Do you think trade will just stop?

Ask the French, they seem to think it will be difficult. What they wont want to sell us any of their goodies anymore?"

The same argument David Davis and Liam Fox were using in 2016, obviously this has been abandoned by anyone with a semblance of reality when the EU didn't offer us a good deal, but feel free to keep chipping in.

liverpool

And that’s ok?

Ask the French, they seem to think it will be difficult. What they wont want to sell us any of their goodies anymore?

The same argument David Davis and Liam Fox were using in 2016, obviously this has been abandoned by anyone with a semblance of reality when the EU didn't offer us a good deal, but feel free to keep chipping in.

"

bournemouth

And that’s ok?

Ask the French, they seem to think it will be difficult. What they wont want to sell us any of their goodies anymore?

"

If they didnt care about the sales to the UK they would have walked away months ago.

It makes sense for both sides to agree a deal, the problem is political that is much harder to sort, I have always said it will go on till the very last minute, EU talks always do.

And that’s ok?

If they didnt care about the sales to the UK they would have walked away months ago.

It makes sense for both sides to agree a deal, the problem is political that is much harder to sort, I have always said it will go on till the very last minute, EU talks always do."

They care, but less than they do about the integrity of the single market and that's why the Brexit promises haven't come true and never will. If there's a deal it will be a bad one.

We are less than 30 days away, didn't David Davis say he'd be in Berlin doing a deal the day after the vote?

bournemouth

Exactly, they care more about the political project than the jobs of european workers.

I didnt realise that Berlin was the headquarters of the EU, are you saying that all the decisions of the EU are in fact taken by the Germans?

"Exactly, they care more about the political project than the jobs of european workers.

I didnt realise that Berlin was the headquarters of the EU, are you saying that all the decisions of the EU are in fact taken by the Germans?"

No, simply pointing out how ignorant and incompetent Davis was (look it up: tweet May 26, 2016) much like many of his fellow BREXITEERS that have been found out in the last 4 years.

liverpool

And that’s ok?

It makes sense for both sides to agree a deal, the problem is political that is much harder to sort, I have always said it will go on till the very last minute, EU talks always do.

They care, but less than they do about the integrity of the single market and that's why the Brexit promises haven't come true and never will. If there's a deal it will be a bad one.

We are less than 30 days away, didn't David Davis say he'd be in Berlin doing a deal the day after the vote?"

There was a tweet going round with all the quotes

They need us more than we need them, easiest deal In history etc.

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

"

so lets get this right do you think that trade will just stop with the eu if there is no deal,yes or no will do?

bournemouth

"Exactly, they care more about the political project than the jobs of european workers.

I didnt realise that Berlin was the headquarters of the EU, are you saying that all the decisions of the EU are in fact taken by the Germans?

No, simply pointing out how ignorant and incompetent Davis was (look it up: tweet May 26, 2016) much like many of his fellow BREXITEERS that have been found out in the last 4 years."

Thanks for the link, he didnt say HE would be going he said the first point of call for the uk negotiators would be Berlin, after all they have the most to lose from the eu countries. it is interesting how quiet merkel is atm.

near ipswich

No, simply pointing out how ignorant and incompetent Davis was (look it up: tweet May 26, 2016) much like many of his fellow BREXITEERS that have been found out in the last 4 years.

Thanks for the link, he didnt say HE would be going he said the first point of call for the uk negotiators would be Berlin, after all they have the most to lose from the eu countries. it is interesting how quiet merkel is atm."

Macron has probably got his cock down her throat he likes an old bird.

And that’s ok?

so lets get this right do you think that trade will just stop with the eu if there is no deal,yes or no will do? "

Your reply show's a naive almost child like simplification of the situation that I was trying to highlight in my original reply to you.

Of course there will be trade, but it'll be a worse situation. You are using the same argument people like Davis were using ages ago and have stopped using but instead of saying we'll get a good deal, you are simply saying that we'll still trade with them.

It's a bit like saying yeah but I'll still be able to breathe whilst having a serious illness.

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

so lets get this right do you think that trade will just stop with the eu if there is no deal,yes or no will do?

Your reply show's a naive almost child like simplification of the situation that I was trying to highlight in my original reply to you.

Of course there will be trade, but it'll be a worse situation. You are using the same argument people like Davis were using ages ago and have stopped using but instead of saying we'll get a good deal, you are simply saying that we'll still trade with them.

It's a bit like saying yeah but I'll still be able to breathe whilst having a serious illness."

Well it is quiet simple trade will still go on they will still want fish but because they prefer to play politics rather than think of the people it will cost the general public more.

By the way have you a twin brother in bristol?

Thanks for the link, he didnt say HE would be going he said the first point of call for the uk negotiators would be Berlin, after all they have the most to lose from the eu countries. it is interesting how quiet merkel is atm."

Priceless are you trying to point score after you clearly misread my original quote and accused me of claiming Berlin was the EU epicenter?

Your point on Davis' tweet doesn't really stand up either as he was made State for Exiting the European Union after the referendum.

And that’s ok?

It's a bit like saying yeah but I'll still be able to breathe whilst having a serious illness.Well it is quiet simple trade will still go on they will still want fish but because they prefer to play politics rather than think of the people it will cost the general public more.

By the way have you a twin brother in bristol? "

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Do you think the trading situation will be better or worse than now next year?

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

It's a bit like saying yeah but I'll still be able to breathe whilst having a serious illness.Well it is quiet simple trade will still go on they will still want fish but because they prefer to play politics rather than think of the people it will cost the general public more.

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Do you think the trading situation will be better or worse than now next year?"

I the same as you have no idea.

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Do you think the trading situation will be better or worse than now next year?I the same as you have no idea."

really? So you don't believe that leaving the single market or having a no deal will worsen trading? Have you had your head in the sand for the last 4 years?

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Do you think the trading situation will be better or worse than now next year?I the same as you have no idea.

really? So you don't believe that leaving the single market or having a no deal will worsen trading? Have you had your head in the sand for the last 4 years?"

I think with a trade surplus of £97 million a year they will still want to sell us their stuff dont you?

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Do you think the trading situation will be better or worse than now next year?I the same as you have no idea."

“EU membership has its advantages to deal with non-tariff measures that even the most comprehensive agreement cannot replicate. This offers important lessons to other regions trying to deal more effectively with such non-tariff measures,” said UNCTAD’s director of international trade, Pamela Coke-Hamilton

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Do you think the trading situation will be better or worse than now next year?I the same as you have no idea.

really? So you don't believe that leaving the single market or having a no deal will worsen trading? Have you had your head in the sand for the last 4 years?I think with a trade surplus of £97 million a year they will still want to sell us their stuff dont you?"

Please refer to my original reply to you, you just don't understand do you?

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

really? So you don't believe that leaving the single market or having a no deal will worsen trading? Have you had your head in the sand for the last 4 years?I think with a trade surplus of £97 million a year they will still want to sell us their stuff dont you?

Please refer to my original reply to you, you just don't understand do you? "

i understand perfectly why you changed your name?

[Removed by poster at 06/12/20 21:02:45]

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

really? So you don't believe that leaving the single market or having a no deal will worsen trading? Have you had your head in the sand for the last 4 years?I think with a trade surplus of £97 million a year they will still want to sell us their stuff dont you?

Please refer to my original reply to you, you just don't understand do you? i understand perfectly why you changed your name?"

Thing is you clearly don't you are using an argument that doesn't exist anymore, the EU chose the single market and not the UK. We are a month away and you are still acting like nothing has happened since 2016.

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Please refer to my original reply to you, you just don't understand do you? i understand perfectly why you changed your name?

Thing is you clearly don't you are using an argument that doesn't exist anymore, the EU chose the single market and not the UK. We are a month away and you are still acting like nothing has happened since 2016."

We are going round in circles here as is usual with you.If my argument doesnt exist then you must believe that we will not be trading with them next year.

bournemouth

Thanks for the link, he didnt say HE would be going he said the first point of call for the uk negotiators would be Berlin, after all they have the most to lose from the eu countries. it is interesting how quiet merkel is atm.

Priceless are you trying to point score after you clearly misread my original quote and accused me of claiming Berlin was the EU epicenter?

Your point on Davis' tweet doesn't really stand up either as he was made State for Exiting the European Union after the referendum."

When he made the tweet he wasnt in charge of us getting a deal.

Your point on Davis' tweet doesn't really stand up either as he was made State for Exiting the European Union after the referendum.

When he made the tweet he wasnt in charge of us getting a deal.

"

I though it was me who made the tweet from your original reply, anyway it still highlighted his ignorance...How did he do as Head of State for Exiting the European Union ?

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Please refer to my original reply to you, you just don't understand do you? i understand perfectly why you changed your name?

Thing is you clearly don't you are using an argument that doesn't exist anymore, the EU chose the single market and not the UK. We are a month away and you are still acting like nothing has happened since 2016.We are going round in circles here as is usual with you.If my argument doesnt exist then you must believe that we will not be trading with them next year. "

When have I said we wouldn't trade? It's you using that childish pointless argument, I'm pointing out trade will be hit by any type of BREXIT do you disagree?

Also who do you think I am?

near ipswich

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Thing is you clearly don't you are using an argument that doesn't exist anymore, the EU chose the single market and not the UK. We are a month away and you are still acting like nothing has happened since 2016.We are going round in circles here as is usual with you.If my argument doesnt exist then you must believe that we will not be trading with them next year.

When have I said we wouldn't trade? It's you using that childish pointless argument, I'm pointing out trade will be hit by any type of BREXIT do you disagree?

Also who do you think I am?"

you know who you are and so do i. what is going to happen to trade seeing you know so much enlighten me.

the wetlands

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Thing is you clearly don't you are using an argument that doesn't exist anymore, the EU chose the single market and not the UK. We are a month away and you are still acting like nothing has happened since 2016.We are going round in circles here as is usual with you.If my argument doesnt exist then you must believe that we will not be trading with them next year.

Also who do you think I am?you know who you are and so do i. what is going to happen to trade seeing you know so much enlighten me."

This was the first google result for trade change after brexit if it helps you .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/10/checks-on-eu-bound-goods-inevitable-gove-tells-business-leaders

And that’s ok?

Hahaha Fish...Classic.

Also who do you think I am?you know who you are and so do i. what is going to happen to trade seeing you know so much enlighten me."

Absolute plethora of studies and analysis some done by the government saying it'll be hit with a deal or no deal, the only analysis that painted it in a good light was by Patrick Minford (Economists for Brexit) and has since been discredited.

You can say you don't believe them but it'll become obvious soon, much like the lorry park in Kent, or even companies in NI saying they'll stop exporting to the mainland!

Sorry, that should say companies from the mainland exporting to NI*

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

made so on animal welfare grounds .... shame that successive governments have failed to implement a total ban on blood sports .... thousands out again today despite covid

» Add a new message to this topic