FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit deal done

Brexit deal done

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Brexit deal done: Trade agreement finally struck between UK and EU

Sky News has been told MPs could be recalled on 30 December to approve the last-minute Brexit agreement.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-deal-done-trade-agreement-finally-struck-between-uk-and-eu-12149904

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good news just in time for Xmas

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Good news just in time for Xmas "

In record time to. Started of by being told it would take 7 years as the BBC just reminded me and in reality took 9 months

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Now we can set about dismantling the awful United Kingdom. Cannae wait.

"Now we can set about dismantling the awful United Kingdom. Cannae wait. "

Strange. There's never been a better time to stay

[Removed by poster at 24/12/20 15:57:50]

And 'as promised' before the New Year too.

UK minister Gove says UK will get EU trade deal by end of 2020

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Happy days now to sort the covid out in the new year.

near ipswich

sits back and waits for the negativity.

"sits back and waits for the negativity. "

They have to get up off the floor first lol.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Brexit deal done: Trade agreement finally struck between UK and EU

Sky News has been told MPs could be recalled on 30 December to approve the last-minute Brexit agreement.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-deal-done-trade-agreement-finally-struck-between-uk-and-eu-12149904"

Good news. Even better, the French have just shown, in no uncertain terms, what they'll do if the UK doesn't live up to its commitments.

I know, this time, they closed their borders to prevent a highly virulent mutant form of Covid 19 from escaping its breeding ground in the Brexit loving, Tory voting heartland of the SE of England; but they can do it for any reason they feel provoked by.

They are French, after all.

near ipswich

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-deal-done-trade-agreement-finally-struck-between-uk-and-eu-12149904

Good news. Even better, the French have just shown, in no uncertain terms, what they'll do if the UK doesn't live up to its commitments.

I know, this time, they closed their borders to prevent a highly virulent mutant form of Covid 19 from escaping its breeding ground in the Brexit loving, Tory voting heartland of the SE of England; but they can do it for any reason they feel provoked by.

They are French, after all. "

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I think Boris has done well with the way he negotiated on the basis of being prepared to walk away if the deal wasn't good enough. Something that Theresa May never looked like meaning. I think he will announce early in January that his work is done and he is resigning. He can't afford to be prime minister, the pay is awful and he has ex wives and children to support.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Bookmarks thread

Of French descent and having lived there over many years. The French are probably the most 'politically reactive' people in Europe.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I'm living in France now and so I will be interested to see how it is reported in French news tonight, and how the French fisherman respond.

"Good news just in time for Xmas

In record time to. Started of by being told it would take 7 years as the BBC just reminded me and in reality took 9 months"

2016 to 2020 took longer than 9 months.

They originally said it would take about five years. It took four and a half.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Great news and it's what the UK needs and if we've gave ground on fishing so be it because the the whole picture has to be taken into account and not risk everything on something as insignificant as fish

I know the devil will be in the details but it's a massive improvement on no deal.

Well done Boris

Preston

In record time to. Started of by being told it would take 7 years as the BBC just reminded me and in reality took 9 months"

If this deal is very similar to what we had before then there was no reason for it to take years.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Although I voted remain I am pleased a trade deal has been agreed.Only time will tell if it is a good trade deal and if leaving the EU was the right thing to do.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Let’s see how this level playing field works out

Preston

"Happy days now to sort the covid out in the new year. "

Indeed, no distractions now and hopefully we can stick a pin in this Brexit bonanza we've had for over 4 years now and concentrate on fixing our public health issues and damage to our economy from Covid.

"Let’s see how this level playing field works out "

When you say level, who exactly are we on a level with?

Just got to keep Scotland happy

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

Not going to boo or cheer it until I see the costings.

It obviously won't be as strong financially as we had as a member but let's hope it's a least worst as could be for in the circumstances!

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

They can but all they managed to do was upset there own people and of course the arbiter is no longer the European court

milton keynes

In record time to. Started of by being told it would take 7 years as the BBC just reminded me and in reality took 9 months

They originally said it would take about five years. It took four and a half."

Wrong . The trade negotiations only started this year after we formally left the EU. This is the EU rules that they would not start negotiating while we were still a member

Wrong . The trade negotiations only started this year after we formally left the EU. This is the EU rules that they would not start negotiating while we were still a member"

Why did they waste all that time?

milton keynes

Wrong . The trade negotiations only started this year after we formally left the EU. This is the EU rules that they would not start negotiating while we were still a member

Why did they waste all that time?"

Thought 9 months was pretty good going myself

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It’s better than no deal which is ok, but we have to wait for the final figures and how this new reality is going to affect us all in the long run.

I am happy that it stopped the far right from making this country some xenophobic paradise.

So the deal is a massive two fingers up at Farage and the hard Brexit dogs.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I'm living in France now and so I will be interested to see how it is reported in French news tonight, and how the French fisherman respond. "

Indeed! If the french fishermen don’t like the deal it may yet not get signed off by the french parliament...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Happy days now to sort the covid out in the new year. "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If this deal is very similar to what we had before then there was no reason for it to take years. "

I hate to be the grinch... but it’s not in many many ways.....

Remember this deal basically only covers trade, trade accounts for 20% of the uk economy...

It doesn’t cover services....

Basically the tories sacrificed a lot of things in this deal... I think it is interesting that the uk put out a fact sheet showing things they won.... the eu have put out a sheet showing all the things they lost...

The first time a trade deal has actually increased paper work, increased time, potential delays and costs...... plus a border down the Irish Sea to boot.....

Preston

If this deal is very similar to what we had before then there was no reason for it to take years.

Remember this deal basically only covers trade, trade accounts for 20% of the uk economy...

Basically the tories sacrificed a lot of things in this deal... I think it is interesting that the uk put out a fact sheet showing things they won.... the eu have put out a sheet showing all the things they lost...

The first time a trade deal has actually increased paper work, increased time, potential delays and costs...... plus a border down the Irish Sea to boot....."

You're most probably correct but the way I'm looking at it is we were on course of getting 2 enforced options for dinner

1: Our most hated imaginable dinner

Or

2: A plate of cold dog shit

I'm taking being forced with option 1 as a win lol

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Brexit deal done: Trade agreement finally struck between UK and EU "

To be clear, it is in every sense a trade reduction agreement.

That said, I am pleased that this chapter is now closed because the future will be all about realigning ourselves with our near neighbours, small step, by small step.

As for Boris Johnson’s statement about “winning independence,” that was a telling insight into his childlike naivety. The grown ups in the EU must wonder what kind of fantasist they have been dealing with.

I urge you to once again go back to Barniers graphic from December 2016 where he pointed out accurately where the U.K. could be according to our red lines and insistences. Four years later - we are exactly where he said we would be with the red lines and demands of Brexit Britain.

By *ice_chocolateMan  over a year ago

Bilston

Good news just in time for Xmas

The first time a trade deal has actually increased paper work, increased time, potential delays and costs...... plus a border down the Irish Sea to boot....

I bet in a few years you can not find a single person in the UK that voted for Brexit. Even Boris and Nigel will deny voting for Brexit because of the pain to come from the effect.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The first time a trade deal has actually increased paper work, increased time, potential delays and costs...... plus a border down the Irish Sea to boot....

I bet in a few years you can not find a single person in the UK that voted for Brexit. Even Boris and Nigel will deny voting for Brexit because of the pain to come from the effect."

it is a trade reduction agreement

Preston

I bet in a few years you can not find a single person in the UK that voted for Brexit. Even Boris and Nigel will deny voting for Brexit because of the pain to come from the effect.

it is a trade reduction agreement "

Trade reduction and self imposing sanctions

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Trade reduction and self imposing sanctions "

Have you read the deal? Which sanctions?

near ipswich

Why did they waste all that time?"

Because the eu wanted to make it as hard as possible for the uk,they were hoping the remainers would get their way and the uk would stay its not rocket science.The uk wanted the trade talks to take place simultaneously with the withdrawal agreement the eu refused point blank.

milton keynes

Why did they waste all that time?Because the eu wanted to make it as hard as possible for the uk,they were hoping the remainers would get their way and the uk would stay its not rocket science.The uk wanted the trade talks to take place simultaneously with the withdrawal agreement the eu refused point blank. "

Not sure where I saw it but seem to recall the other week the likes of Mandelson saying they now regret trying to delay and overturn the vote to leave

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Why did they waste all that time?Because the eu wanted to make it as hard as possible for the uk,they were hoping the remainers would get their way and the uk would stay its not rocket science.The uk wanted the trade talks to take place simultaneously with the withdrawal agreement the eu refused point blank.

Not sure where I saw it but seem to recall the other week the likes of Mandelson saying they now regret trying to delay and overturn the vote to leave"

So you might of seen something, but not sure who said it, or where it was reported. Do you work for the Daily Heil?

milton keynes

Why did they waste all that time?Because the eu wanted to make it as hard as possible for the uk,they were hoping the remainers would get their way and the uk would stay its not rocket science.The uk wanted the trade talks to take place simultaneously with the withdrawal agreement the eu refused point blank.

Not sure where I saw it but seem to recall the other week the likes of Mandelson saying they now regret trying to delay and overturn the vote to leave

So you might of seen something, but not sure who said it, or where it was reported. Do you work for the Daily Heil?"

No I do not work in any media. It would have been either BBC or sky as they are the 2 main channels I watch. The fact I can't recall when and where does not exclude me from posting on here so please stop the insults

Thornaby

So you might of seen something, but not sure who said it, or where it was reported. Do you work for the Daily Heil?

No I do not work in any media. It would have been either BBC or sky as they are the 2 main channels I watch. The fact I can't recall when and where does not exclude me from posting on here so please stop the insults"

Neither "BBC" or "Sky" are a channel.

My point still stands. There's zero evidence for your claim.

milton keynes

No I do not work in any media. It would have been either BBC or sky as they are the 2 main channels I watch. The fact I can't recall when and where does not exclude me from posting on here so please stop the insults

My point still stands. There's zero evidence for your claim."

As I pointed out I can't recall where I saw it in my post. Does this mean I can't post about it.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

My point still stands. There's zero evidence for your claim."

Both Peter Mandleson and Guardian jouralist Owen Jones, both recently wrote about the part of hard remainers in the last few years.

liverpool

Both Peter Mandleson and Guardian jouralist Owen Jones, both recently wrote about the part of hard remainers in the last few years.

"

I think they were only saying it with the hindsight of what a shit show it turned out

to be.

I think they were arguing that it would have been easier to perhaps get a better deal earlier on.

It is however much better to say in hindsight.

If Brexit does turn out to be ..not fantastic..The people responsible are the people who pushed for it and the people who voted for it.

liverpool

"

Abd an not sure what a 'hard'renainer is tbh.

Grantham

The Owen Jones Guardian article was on Dec 7th, and is readily available online.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I think they were only saying it with the hindsight of what a shit show it turned out

to be.

I think they were arguing that it would have been easier to perhaps get a better deal earlier on.

It is however much better to say in hindsight.

If Brexit does turn out to be ..not fantastic..The people responsible are the people who pushed for it and the people who voted for it."

"fantastic" means different things to different people. Some, many i believe think just getting out of the EU is fantastic, with nothing else required

Thornaby

"The Owen Jones Guardian article was on Dec 7th, and is readily available online. "

Just read it. It's not exactly saying brexit is great is it? His argument appears to be:

"We could have had Mays deal"

From memory the people who killed that were ERG.

So no, we couldn't have has Mays deal.

"The Owen Jones Guardian article was on Dec 7th, and is readily available online.

Just read it. It's not exactly saying brexit is great is it? His argument appears to be:

So no, we couldn't have has Mays deal."

From memory if Labour had backed it we could have

westerham

"The Owen Jones Guardian article was on Dec 7th, and is readily available online.

So no, we couldn't have has Mays deal."

Most of the time I think Owen Jones hasn’t got much to say but insists on saying it loudly anyway, he desperately wants to be part of the debate - he even had a chummy convo with Peter Hitchens recently.

However I think that article is quite a fair summary really of how the remainers messed up tactically.

As to pros and cons of hard / soft brexit, Norway, or remain, it’s not mentioned in that article anyway. Owen will be sitting on the fence for a while yet.

milton keynes

"The Owen Jones Guardian article was on Dec 7th, and is readily available online. "

Thank you I thought it was reported fairly recently. It must be what was mentioned on the news.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

The fishing industry felt betrayed over the deal and they are not happy about it.

"The fishing industry felt betrayed over the deal and they are not happy about it."

They join anyone with a brain.

Preston

Have you read the deal? Which sanctions?"

Economic sanctions are commercial and financial penalties applied by one or more countries on another but I'm our case Brexit does it to ourselves.

milton keynes

Economic sanctions are commercial and financial penalties applied by one or more countries on another but I'm our case Brexit does it to ourselves. "

The ability to impose sanctions / tariffs straight away was what the EU wanted but did not get. Instead independent international arbitration that works both ways was the outcome

Preston

Economic sanctions are commercial and financial penalties applied by one or more countries on another but I'm our case Brexit does it to ourselves.

The ability to impose sanctions / tariffs straight away was what the EU wanted but did not get. Instead independent international arbitration that works both ways was the outcome"

You're confusing 2 totally different topics mate

Preston

Brexit in it's self is a self IMPOSING / inflicting of economic sanctions on the UK.

Preston

Jesus, caps alert lol

milton keynes

"Brexit in it's self is a self IMPOSING / inflicting of economic sanctions on the UK. "

My apologies if I have misunderstood you. What sanctions are you referring to

near ipswich

At the moment the uk is still dependent on trade with the eu as they made it impossible in the withdrawal agreement for the uk to go it alone before the transition period ended.This was to have a stronger hand in future trade talks.from the 1st jan the uk can go out in the big wide world find cheaper goods and be less reliant on the eu,as time goes by we will only be buying things from them that we cant get cheaper else where and so tariffs wont be a big problem.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"At the moment the uk is still dependent on trade with the eu as they made it impossible in the withdrawal agreement for the uk to go it alone before the transition period ended.This was to have a stronger hand in future trade talks.from the 1st jan the uk can go out in the big wide world find cheaper goods and be less reliant on the eu,as time goes by we will only be buying things from them that we cant get cheaper else where and so tariffs wont be a big problem. "

Hi Costa

So you don’t mind Far Eastern labourer being paid $2 a day to make your t shirts?

The EU sets standards internally for a reason. To try to stop exploitation. Yes they aren’t brilliant at it I’ll agree but the Far Eastern governments including China condone exploitation.

Look how much slave labour has been discovered making cheap clothes for the U.K. market.

We should stop buying this crap and maybe pay a bit more for something that will last.

I’m a guilty as everyone else as I’ve bought thousands of Chinese goods over the years I’m sure, but now I do try to avoid them. It’s bloody hard but we must stop this way of working.

We’re making the Chinese elite richer and ourselves poorer.

I think we will regret giving the Chinese the wealth to beat us down.

The French have managed to reduce their imports from low cost low pay countries to 25% . They are actively encouraging buy French. Their economy stays at the top table due to their loyal buying internally such as cars etc.

We should all drive Jags, Nissans and Toyotas. But unlike the French the profits in the U.K. car industry go to India and Japan. So where do we start?

near ipswich

"At the moment the uk is still dependent on trade with the eu as they made it impossible in the withdrawal agreement for the uk to go it alone before the transition period ended.This was to have a stronger hand in future trade talks.from the 1st jan the uk can go out in the big wide world find cheaper goods and be less reliant on the eu,as time goes by we will only be buying things from them that we cant get cheaper else where and so tariffs wont be a big problem.

Hi Costa

So you don’t mind Far Eastern labourer being paid $2 a day to make your t shirts?

The EU sets standards internally for a reason. To try to stop exploitation. Yes they aren’t brilliant at it I’ll agree but the Far Eastern governments including China condone exploitation.

Look how much slave labour has been discovered making cheap clothes for the U.K. market.

We should stop buying this crap and maybe pay a bit more for something that will last.

I’m a guilty as everyone else as I’ve bought thousands of Chinese goods over the years I’m sure, but now I do try to avoid them. It’s bloody hard but we must stop this way of working.

The French have managed to reduce their imports from low cost low pay countries to 25% . They are actively encouraging buy French. Their economy stays at the top table due to their loyal buying internally such as cars etc.

We should all drive Jags, Nissans and Toyotas. But unlike the French the profits in the U.K. car industry go to India and Japan. So where do we start?

"

im sure even when we were in the eu the shirts were still made outside by cheap labour,i was really referring to food.Being totally reliant on the eu due to their protectionist laws it is going to take a bit of time to break free starting from scratch on the 1st.but i can see in the near future buyers for the big supermarkets going further afield for produce,why buy french apples or spanish lettuce and tomatoes when you can get them cheaper else where? Once these markets are established the eu will have less hold over the uk.

Manchester

"At the moment the uk is still dependent on trade with the eu as they made it impossible in the withdrawal agreement for the uk to go it alone before the transition period ended.This was to have a stronger hand in future trade talks.from the 1st jan the uk can go out in the big wide world find cheaper goods and be less reliant on the eu,as time goes by we will only be buying things from them that we cant get cheaper else where and so tariffs wont be a big problem.

Hi Costa

im sure even when we were in the eu the shirts were still made outside by cheap labour,i was really referring to food.Being totally reliant on the eu due to their protectionist laws it is going to take a bit of time to break free starting from scratch on the 1st.but i can see in the near future buyers for the big supermarkets going further afield for produce,why buy french apples or spanish lettuce and tomatoes when you can get them cheaper else where? Once these markets are established the eu will have less hold over the uk."

It’s a big ask to get those logistics to work and be cheaper.

Too far away and the food has to be frozen defeating the object.

Tesco’s and co. know how to screw down prices so pretty sure they would have tried this already.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

They ostensibly stopped for Covid all the while allowing their & the rest of mainland Europe’s exports to us to ship.

In the event of any industrial action that wouldn’t happen.

The likes of Tesco etc make supermarket chains in Europe look like Apoo’s kwiki-mart in the Simpsons.

You don’t deliver, they don’t pay.

Wonder how that would pan out for the French with Europe’s Farmers & hauliers including of course their own.

S

near ipswich

Hi Costa

im sure even when we were in the eu the shirts were still made outside by cheap labour,i was really referring to food.Being totally reliant on the eu due to their protectionist laws it is going to take a bit of time to break free starting from scratch on the 1st.but i can see in the near future buyers for the big supermarkets going further afield for produce,why buy french apples or spanish lettuce and tomatoes when you can get them cheaper else where? Once these markets are established the eu will have less hold over the uk.

Tesco’s and co. know how to screw down prices so pretty sure they would have tried this already.

"

They couldnt before due to the eu they put tariffs on stuff that they produce to stop anyone buying them.As for frozen do you know how fresh your produce is i suggest you look into it.The eu does buy produce from the likes of s africa egypt etc when their stuff is out of season how do you think we get the likes of advocados etc all year round.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Just been on bbc news London has had the biggest investment than any other city in the world in the last 12 months just a bit of positive news don’t you think lol

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 28/12/20 18:50:48]

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

SNP (2016-2020): no deal will be catastrophic

SNP (14/12/20): any deal is better than no deal

U.K./EU (24/12/20): we have a deal!

SNP (27/12/20): we will vote against a deal

Manchester

Hi Costa

They couldnt before due to the eu they put tariffs on stuff that they produce to stop anyone buying them.As for frozen do you know how fresh your produce is i suggest you look into it.The eu does buy produce from the likes of s africa egypt etc when their stuff is out of season how do you think we get the likes of advocados etc all year round. "

Of course we buy stuff out of season but it’s already probably as cheap as it’s going to get was my point.

Regarding avocados. They used to be mostly airfreighted into the EU and U.K. Maersk have developed restricted air system refrigerated boxes to try to support the industry. It in effect uses similar technology to our own supermarkets and super chills the fruit whilst stopping airflow but doesn’t freeze it.

That’s why when you buy from the supermarket it looks good but goes bad quickly. Also why they can claim fresh not frozen.

These food industries are already in full flow so not sure where we are going to get cheaper from?

If the EU produce stuff like oranges maybe imports from other countries but again the costs to import from the likes of South Africa are high compared to Spain.

"Just been on bbc news London has had the biggest investment than any other city in the world in the last 12 months just a bit of positive news don’t you think lol"

How is this possible?

Good news

Manchester

"Just been on bbc news London has had the biggest investment than any other city in the world in the last 12 months just a bit of positive news don’t you think lol"

Share the link that sounds positive?

thornaby

"Just been on bbc news London has had the biggest investment than any other city in the world in the last 12 months just a bit of positive news don’t you think lol

"

bbc 1 news

Manchester

"Just been on bbc news London has had the biggest investment than any other city in the world in the last 12 months just a bit of positive news don’t you think lol

bbc 1 news "

Is this the cultural investment ranking?

As it’s the worlds most international city it does draw investment in restaurants theatres etc and hopefully that will continue.

Let’s hope It continues.

thornaby

bbc 1 news

As it’s the worlds most international city it does draw investment in restaurants theatres etc and hopefully that will continue.

Let’s hope It continues. "

im not to sure mate I only caught the arse end of it the guy seemed pretty confident tho

bbc 1 news

Let’s hope It continues. im not to sure mate I only caught the arse end of it the guy seemed pretty confident tho "

I saw the arse end of a programme on BBC 1 the other day that seemed to confirm the existence of Santa.

Didn't think of posting it on here till I saw the above!

bbc 1 news

Let’s hope It continues. im not to sure mate I only caught the arse end of it the guy seemed pretty confident tho "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020

Just watched all of BBC news at 6, it's not on there! can you point me to the min if I've somehow missed it?

thornaby

bbc 1 news

Let’s hope It continues. im not to sure mate I only caught the arse end of it the guy seemed pretty confident tho

Just watched all of BBC news at 6, it's not on there! can you point me to the min if I've somehow missed it?"

you can’t find it ffs it’s ok bud you can just say I made it up nothing better to do with my time next time I wach it I’ll write the times down just for you eh incase your struggling lol

bbc 1 news

Let’s hope It continues. im not to sure mate I only caught the arse end of it the guy seemed pretty confident tho

Just watched all of BBC news at 6, it's not on there! can you point me to the min if I've somehow missed it? you can’t find it ffs it’s ok bud you can just say I made it up nothing better to do with my time next time I wach it I’ll write the times down just for you eh incase your struggling lol"

It's not there!

milton keynes

bbc 1 news "

Good news and if what jackel says is correct amazing given what's happened this year to the hospitality and entertainment sector

bbc 1 news

Just watched all of BBC news at 6, it's not on there! can you point me to the min if I've somehow missed it? you can’t find it ffs it’s ok bud you can just say I made it up nothing better to do with my time next time I wach it I’ll write the times down just for you eh incase your struggling lol

It's not there!"

Anyone's free to watch the link!

thornaby

bbc 1 news

Good news and if what jackel says is correct amazing given what's happened this year to the hospitality and entertainment sector"

according to the loon above it wasn’t in the news tnite I must of dreamed it all up lol

bbc 1 news

Good news and if what jackel says is correct amazing given what's happened this year to the hospitality and entertainment sector"

We still haven't established if this report was real as it doesn't appear to be on the BBC 6 a clock news on the I player link I provided above and the person that pointed it out "can't be bothered" to find it which would be pretty easy to do in my eyes.

bbc 1 news

Good news and if what jackel says is correct amazing given what's happened this year to the hospitality and entertainment sectoraccording to the loon above it wasn’t in the news tnite I must of dreamed it all up lol "

BBC 6 O clock news....Show me where it is: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020

thornaby

bbc 1 news

Good news and if what jackel says is correct amazing given what's happened this year to the hospitality and entertainment sector

We still haven't established if this report was real as it doesn't appear to be on the BBC 6 a clock news on the I player link I provided above and the person that pointed it out "can't be bothered" to find it which would be pretty easy to do in my eyes."

mate just keep calling me a lier it’s ok I know it was in the news I’m sure ole ty ppl in here will of seen it the fact you can’t find it does t bother me one bit because iv got a life

bbc 1 news

We still haven't established if this report was real as it doesn't appear to be on the BBC 6 a clock news on the I player link I provided above and the person that pointed it out "can't be bothered" to find it which would be pretty easy to do in my eyes.mate just keep calling me a lier it’s ok I know it was in the news I’m sure ole ty ppl in here will of seen it the fact you can’t find it does t bother me one bit because iv got a life "

I'm giving you the chance to show me where it is : https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020

What min? that's tonight's 6 o clock news that you referenced: Where is it?

thornaby

bbc 1 news

We still haven't established if this report was real as it doesn't appear to be on the BBC 6 a clock news on the I player link I provided above and the person that pointed it out "can't be bothered" to find it which would be pretty easy to do in my eyes.mate just keep calling me a lier it’s ok I know it was in the news I’m sure ole ty ppl in here will of seen it the fact you can’t find it does t bother me one bit because iv got a life

I'm giving you the chance to show me where it is : https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020

What min? that's tonight's 6 o clock news that you referenced: Where is it?"

you arnt giving me anything mate get a grip just keep telling me I’m full of shit it’s ok like I said I’m sure someone will pop on amd tell you I’m not

liverpool

Tbf if any city in this country needs investment its london.

bbc 1 news

We still haven't established if this report was real as it doesn't appear to be on the BBC 6 a clock news on the I player link I provided above and the person that pointed it out "can't be bothered" to find it which would be pretty easy to do in my eyes.mate just keep calling me a lier it’s ok I know it was in the news I’m sure ole ty ppl in here will of seen it the fact you can’t find it does t bother me one bit because iv got a life

What min? that's tonight's 6 o clock news that you referenced: Where is it?you arnt giving me anything mate get a grip just keep telling me I’m full of shit it’s ok like I said I’m sure someone will pop on amd tell you I’m not "

Look, it's so easy to prove me wrong, just identify where it is on the 6 o clock BBC news that you referenced earlier:https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020

I'll have egg all over my face!

thornaby

"Tbf if any city in this country needs investment its london."
lionel I’d rather yr city got investment anyday

thornaby

bbc 1 news

What min? that's tonight's 6 o clock news that you referenced: Where is it?you arnt giving me anything mate get a grip just keep telling me I’m full of shit it’s ok like I said I’m sure someone will pop on amd tell you I’m not

Look, it's so easy to prove me wrong, just identify where it is on the 6 o clock BBC news that you referenced earlier:https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020

I'll have egg all over my face!"

I could t care if you had spunk on yr face just keep calling me a liar

bbc 1 news

What min? that's tonight's 6 o clock news that you referenced: Where is it?you arnt giving me anything mate get a grip just keep telling me I’m full of shit it’s ok like I said I’m sure someone will pop on amd tell you I’m not

I'll have egg all over my face! I could t care if you had spunk on yr face just keep calling me a liar "

Very easy to prove me wrong:

thornaby

bbc 1 news

I'll have egg all over my face! I could t care if you had spunk on yr face just keep calling me a liar

"

been on here for a while now anyone who’s seen me on here will know I don’t make shit up or a bullshitter if that’s what you think I am great trust me when I say this I don’t give a fuck lol

bbc 1 news

I'll have egg all over my face! I could t care if you had spunk on yr face just keep calling me a liar

been on here for a while now anyone who’s seen me on here will know I don’t make shit up or a bullshitter if that’s what you think I am great trust me when I say this I don’t give a fuck lol"

Lol that is funny, I tell you what would be more convincing, if you could back it up by pointing out where on the 22:15 mins of news it is????

thornaby

bbc 1 news

been on here for a while now anyone who’s seen me on here will know I don’t make shit up or a bullshitter if that’s what you think I am great trust me when I say this I don’t give a fuck lol

Lol that is funny, I tell you what would be more convincing, if you could back it up by pointing out where on the 22:15 mins of news it is????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020"

I could t tell you maybe wasn’t in the up later but it’s ok keep calling me a liar people on here know me better than that tho that’s all that matters to me

bbc 1 news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020 I could t tell you maybe wasn’t in the up later but it’s ok keep calling me a liar people on here know me better than that tho that’s all that matters to me "

I'm struggling to understand what you are saying? Is it on the 6 O clock news on iplayer? Because I can't see it and despite your outrage at being called a liar, you can't point to it either even when I provide you the link on iplayer!

Simple, point it out.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

bbc 1 news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020 I could t tell you maybe wasn’t in the up later but it’s ok keep calling me a liar people on here know me better than that tho that’s all that matters to me

I'm struggling to understand what you are saying? Is it on the 6 O clock news on iplayer? Because I can't see it and despite your outrage at being called a liar, you can't point to it either even when I provide you the link on iplayer!

Simple, point it out."

I’m not bothering to look it the man said BBC newsLondon, so local news, that’s regional & on a 6.30pm do your links point to it or the main news?

S

Grantham

London is second to San Francisco for inward investment during 2020, certainly in the Finanicial/Techical sector.

The top 24 financial institutions in the City, have increased headcount during 2020.

Positive signs that London is still fighting its corner.

thornaby

bbc 1 news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qqtm/bbc-news-at-six-28122020 I could t tell you maybe wasn’t in the up later but it’s ok keep calling me a liar people on here know me better than that tho that’s all that matters to me

Simple, point it out.

I’m not bothering to look it the man said BBC newsLondon, so local news, that’s regional & on a 6.30pm do your links point to it or the main news?

S"

thank you it may of been that as I have the stick I get the London local news on aswell

liverpool

"London is second to San Francisco for inward investment during 2020, certainly in the Finanicial/Techical sector.

The top 24 financial institutions in the City, have increased headcount during 2020.

Positive signs that London is still fighting its corner. "

Well it's good know the really important sectors of society are thriving.

"London is second to San Francisco for inward investment during 2020, certainly in the Finanicial/Techical sector.

Well it's good know the really important sectors of society are thriving."

Correct

Where are we going to be without finance and technology?

liverpool

Correct

Where are we going to be without finance and technology? "

Exactly..society would probally have crumbled without stockbrokers these last 10 months.

Thank our lucky stars.

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

Presumably you know that the fabulous deal that Official Saviour Johnson has done does NOT include a 80% of UK trade, given it omits any mention of services industries? I mean, you DO know this, don't you?

Correct

Exactly..society would probally have crumbled without stockbrokers these last 10 months.

Thank our lucky stars."

Correct. But don't forget the science and technology that has helped to treat and cure people too

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

Take a trip to the Post Office. Have a look at the £:Euro exchange rate. It's near parity. In 1990 one Euro was worth less than 70p.

Presumably you know that the fabulous deal that Official Saviour Johnson has done does NOT include a 80% of UK trade, given it omits any mention of services industries? I mean, you DO know this, don't you?

"

Services are very rarely part of a trade deal. They will be resolved separately. You DO know this don't you?

Take a trip to the Post Office. Have a look at the £:Euro exchange rate. It's near parity. In 1990 one Euro was worth less than 70p.

"

What’s the average over the last 10 years? 20 years?

liverpool

Correct

Thank our lucky stars.

Correct. But don't forget the science and technology that has helped to treat and cure people too "

Have science and technology moved into the financial sector now?

Why wasnt I told?

Correct

Thank our lucky stars.

Correct. But don't forget the science and technology that has helped to treat and cure people too

Have science and technology moved into the financial sector now?

Why wasnt I told?"

Read the start of the post

Manchester

70,000 job losers in London this year so far with in excess of 100000 next year according to city hall statistics.

Where are you getting the rosy view from?

The statistics you refer to outgunning San Fransisco are I believe cultural development investment.

Theatres bars etc in which London has lead for years. .

milton keynes

bbc 1 news

Simple, point it out.

Sthank you it may of been that as I have the stick I get the London local news on aswell "

I would not worry about it. I had the same the other day when I mentioned a story on the BBC about Mandelson saying he regretted trying to overturn the referendum. Even though I pointed out I could not remember exactly when I saw it it was prove it, prove it, prove it. When another poster kindly proved it by showing several very recent articles it all of a sudden went quiet

Grantham

70,000 job losers in London this year so far with in excess of 100000 next year according to city hall statistics.

The statistics you refer to outgunning San Fransisco are I believe cultural development investment.

Theatres bars etc in which London has lead for years. . "

London and Partners Press release of 16th. October.

Grantham

London and Partners Press release of 16th. October. "

Financial Times, 12th December but widely quoted elsewhere.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Now we can set about dismantling the awful United Kingdom. Cannae wait.

Strange. There's never been a better time to stay "

Medication time...

westerham

"

Almost as bad as the exchange rate was in December 2008, 1.02 Euros to the pound. WHEN WE WERE IN EUROPE.

"Now we can set about dismantling the awful United Kingdom. Cannae wait.

Strange. There's never been a better time to stay

Medication time..."

So now you trade freely with the rest of the UK, you're part of the free trade agreement with the EU and as part of the UK better deals for your goods can be struck with the rest of the world. What more do you want? Why would you throw all that away? When reality sinks in, the chance of Scotland voting for independence is zero

Manchester

Almost as bad as the exchange rate was in December 2008, 1.02 Euros to the pound. WHEN WE WERE IN EUROPE."

Yes because we fared worse in that crash so the pound dropped further than the euro due to our banking being so exposed . Nothing but the U.K. falling not the EU’s fault.

America’s fault actually

Almost as bad as the exchange rate was in December 2008, 1.02 Euros to the pound. WHEN WE WERE IN EUROPE.

Yes because we fared worse in that crash so the pound dropped further than the euro due to our banking being so exposed . Nothing but the U.K. falling not the EU’s fault.

America’s fault actually "

What, are you saying that factors other than Brexit can affect the value of the pound? Blimey

westerham

America’s fault actually "

So when we needed the EU’s help, they weren’t there for us? Right, got ya.

Manchester

Financial Times, 12th December but widely quoted elsewhere. "

Just read the whole article and yes uk based banks have increased head counts whereas the foreign based banks have reduced . A few thousand positive .

Don’t forget to quote some more of the article

“The fund sector’s hiring spree — which has also been “replicated in the EU” — coincided with the rapid growth of the investment industry globally and increased regulatory requirements in the UK.”

So increased red tape needs more heads.

“In the EU, the fragmentation of business between Paris, Frankfurt, Dublin, Amsterdam, Luxembourg and other centres makes it harder for any one to rival the cluster of services and skills in London but finance bosses generally believe that the EU will attract more jobs over the long term.”

Or

“ Senior industry figures say that the ultimate cost to the City could be much higher depending on the final outcome of Brexit negotiations, and the potential for the EU to develop as a financial centre.”

So now on to the 70,000 loss across the city as a whole including those outside the top 24?

City hall’s numbers due in great part to Covid are pushing 350k losses next year . Of which 100k they are claiming will be down to Brexit.

So in future if you’re going to quote let’s see the full article not the good passage in isolation.

That article is not saying the jobs are due to Brexit but to global red tape .

Just read the whole article and yes uk based banks have increased head counts whereas the foreign based banks have reduced . A few thousand positive .

“The fund sector’s hiring spree — which has also been “replicated in the EU” — coincided with the rapid growth of the investment industry globally and increased regulatory requirements in the UK.”

“In the EU, the fragmentation of business between Paris, Frankfurt, Dublin, Amsterdam, Luxembourg and other centres makes it harder for any one to rival the cluster of services and skills in London but finance bosses generally believe that the EU will attract more jobs over the long term.”

Or

“ Senior industry figures say that the ultimate cost to the City could be much higher depending on the final outcome of Brexit negotiations, and the potential for the EU to develop as a financial centre.”

So now on to the 70,000 loss across the city as a whole including those outside the top 24?

City hall’s numbers due in great part to Covid are pushing 350k losses next year . Of which 100k they are claiming will be down to Brexit.

So in future if you’re going to quote let’s see the full article not the good passage in isolation.

"

So are they happy with the outcome of the Brexit negotiations?

Grantham

Or

"

People can draw their own conclusions and do their own research. I'm not posting links or articles, as my one and only forum ban was for doing exactly that!

It was obvious years ago that EU money held in London would have to move away. The EU regulations demanded it, and thats whats happened. What hasn't happened is the "financial armageddon" predicted by many.

A few years ago, there was a bloke on here from Dublin. He crowed at every opportunity, that Dublin would replace London as the European financial hub. I argued against that viewpoint. Well, thats not happened, and he's long gone.

I said at the time that London would continue to thrive. Its still thriving, and the Chancellor, along with the City, is keen to attract more business here. We will make it attractive to list here, and do business here.

The biggest threat to financial jobs is the rise of AI. This will have a greater impact on the City than Brexit. We need to be ready for it.

thornaby

bbc 1 news

Simple, point it out.

Sthank you it may of been that as I have the stick I get the London local news on aswell

I would not worry about it. I had the same the other day when I mentioned a story on the BBC about Mandelson saying he regretted trying to overturn the referendum. Even though I pointed out I could not remember exactly when I saw it it was prove it, prove it, prove it. When another poster kindly proved it by showing several very recent articles it all of a sudden went quiet"

it’s always the same where’s the link prove it and like you say then he goes quiet he’s just a knobhead unfortunately he’s not alone tho lol

Manchester

Or

So are they happy with the outcome of the Brexit negotiations? "

I don’t think they can be happy or unhappy as there is no outcome yet. Don’t you agree?

Or

So are they happy with the outcome of the Brexit negotiations?

I don’t think they can be happy or unhappy as there is no outcome yet. Don’t you agree? "

No, the outcome of the Brexit negotiations was that the UK completed the largest free trade agreement in history. Don't you agree?

Manchester

Or

People can draw their own conclusions and do their own research. I'm not posting links or articles, as my one and only forum ban was for doing exactly that!

It was obvious years ago that EU money held in London would have to move away. The EU regulations demanded it, and thats whats happened. What hasn't happened is the "financial armageddon" predicted by many.

A few years ago, there was a bloke on here from Dublin. He crowed at every opportunity, that Dublin would replace London as the European financial hub. I argued against that viewpoint. Well, thats not happened, and he's long gone.

I said at the time that London would continue to thrive. Its still thriving, and the Chancellor, along with the City, is keen to attract more business here. We will make it attractive to list here, and do business here.

The biggest threat to financial jobs is the rise of AI. This will have a greater impact on the City than Brexit. We need to be ready for it. "

Are you talking about AI investment software ?

I read about a company that had invested through a formula driven computer programme but they were keeping quiet about the value it returned .

I’ve not seen anything since so not sure if that progressed or not.

I also read recently that today algorithms were probably deciding if you get a bank loan or not and eventually due to ever more complicated systems the computers will be making all the difficult decisions in governments trade strategy because we can’t cope or deal with the complicated detail.

Grantham

Or

The biggest threat to financial jobs is the rise of AI. This will have a greater impact on the City than Brexit. We need to be ready for it.

I read about a company that had invested through a formula driven computer programme but they were keeping quiet about the value it returned .

I also read recently that today algorithms were probably deciding if you get a bank loan or not and eventually due to ever more complicated systems the computers will be making all the difficult decisions in governments trade strategy because we can’t cope or deal with the complicated detail.

"

Something like that. It was a few months ago that I was reading up on it. But the warnings were there. And AI doesn't need acres of expensive real estate, or thousands of expensive workers.

westerham

Or

"

Yes, you do seem somewhat unable to cope with detail

Manchester

Or

Something like that. It was a few months ago that I was reading up on it. But the warnings were there. And AI doesn't need acres of expensive real estate, or thousands of expensive workers. "

Yes I’ve read Yuval Noah Harrari’s theory on this and it’s fucking scary how many jobs will go globally. We are starting to see it with driverless cars . Soon taxi drivers will be obsolete in major cities .

Humans are too nervous but the more we get familiar the more we will allow computers to take over.

We all love knowing the autopilot on a plane is working and can fly the plane but still like a guy in a cap sitting there .

» Add a new message to this topic