FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Come on Manchester where r u

Come on Manchester where r u

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

Where’s all our Mancunian friends gone today? Normally they’re well up for a good roistering bit of debate?

Don’t tell me it’s all over, France capitulated, Brexit done, struggling to find anything to moan about?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

[Removed by poster at 24/12/20 18:17:43]

here

It’s Christmas Eve...

Sing a few carols, have a glass of sherry, hang up your stockings

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Think Burnhams capitulated.

Eventually realised Westminster had our best intentions at heart all along instead of hammering a death nail into our ex covid stricken numbers. Now Andys all 'we will fully accept tier 4 is likely in the New Year' after hiding his head in his arse.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Think Burnhams capitulated.

Eventually realised Westminster had our best intentions at heart all along instead of hammering a death nail into our ex covid stricken numbers. Now Andys all 'we will fully accept tier 4 is likely in the New Year' after hiding his head in his arse. "

Laughable

yumsville

"Think Burnhams capitulated.

Eventually realised Westminster had our best intentions at heart all along instead of hammering a death nail into our ex covid stricken numbers. Now Andys all 'we will fully accept tier 4 is likely in the New Year' after hiding his head in his arse.

Laughable"

Isn't it.

liverpool

One of the worst death rates in Europe,widespread corruption and incompetence on an industrial scale

God knows what it would be like if they had our worst interests at heart.

yumsville

"One of the worst death rates in Europe,widespread corruption and incompetence on an industrial scale

God knows what it would be like if they had our worst interests at heart."

... And there's Burnham the champion of the drink and hotel industry as if he's turning sober or had shares in booking. He's shut up some some since a vaccine announcement.

He put his ego (and lives) above the pandemic, only to realise the rest of country is in the same or stricter tiers and aren't whinging.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The OP in this thread sums up a brexiteer. You accept the sound bite “deal done” without seeing a single word of the deal.

Just shows how little understanding you have of anything.

Ursula von de Leyen quite openly hinted we are exposed and probably going to be left behind as there are three major commercial power bases , China , USA and EU where as the U.K. is now alone .

Ive only seen sound bites of the capitulation on fishing “ taking our waters back” lol . Banning seed potato exports from Scotland. We have agreed to follow EU rules or face tariffs . Following own way FFS ha ha .

We have new customs costs, VAT issues 50 times more paperwork for exports and imports .

Are these just the good bits? I’ve got to read it yet so won’t make anyone to upset by making false claims.

But so far this sovereignty which you keep going on about doesn’t put food on any tables and the principal sandwich of us not being in the biggest club is empty!

But enjoy your Brexit in name only as it’s not looking anything like what you were promised thankfully, we didn’t press the complete self destruct “no deal” button but that’s not a win it’s just a relief .

I’ve yet to see anyone say how it’s helped our economy or will help our economy with any facts!

Oh and just one minor thing , 80% of our economy is in services which have not been included so no bank passports .

Yes they are continuing to talk but 80% not included in the deal.

Just a laughing stock sadly. The EU must be gobsmacked by our stupidity.

I really hope I’m wrong but it’s not looking great .

Boris & Co are spinning like Catherine wheels here.

Have a good New Year everyone .

here

Hope everyone is having a chilled Boxing Day, turkey left overs, the last of the Christmas pud and a little wine ...

Perfect

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Indeed can't beat a good bottle of red

No sour grapes in this house

liverpool

"The OP in this thread sums up a brexiteer. You accept the sound bite “deal done” without seeing a single word of the deal.

Ursula von de Leyen quite openly hinted we are exposed and probably going to be left behind as there are three major commercial power bases , China , USA and EU where as the U.K. is now alone .

Ive only seen sound bites of the capitulation on fishing “ taking our waters back” lol . Banning seed potato exports from Scotland. We have agreed to follow EU rules or face tariffs . Following own way FFS ha ha .

We have new customs costs, VAT issues 50 times more paperwork for exports and imports .

Are these just the good bits? I’ve got to read it yet so won’t make anyone to upset by making false claims.

But so far this sovereignty which you keep going on about doesn’t put food on any tables and the principal sandwich of us not being in the biggest club is empty!

But enjoy your Brexit in name only as it’s not looking anything like what you were promised thankfully, we didn’t press the complete self destruct “no deal” button but that’s not a win it’s just a relief .

I’ve yet to see anyone say how it’s helped our economy or will help our economy with any facts!

Oh and just one minor thing , 80% of our economy is in services which have not been included so no bank passports .

"

They were on here minutes after the press conference crowing about it

Just leave them to their delusions

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The OP in this thread sums up a brexiteer. You accept the sound bite “deal done” without seeing a single word of the deal.

"

Keep reading mate.

Section 6 - Financial Services

57. The Agreement includes provisions on cross-border trade in financial services and investment that will secure continued market access. The Agreement provides protections that will ensure that our regulatory and supervisory authorities will be able to act to ensure financial stability, market integrity and protect investors and consumers.

Seems all your predictions over road haulage were wrong too.

106. The Agreement ensures continued market access rights for UK and EU road haulage operators. Operators will continue to be able to move goods to, from and through each other’s territories with no permit requirements, and make additional movements within each other’s territories, with limits on the number of permitted movements.

Just a couple of things you have been scarmongering over the last few months.

Ive yet to see any convincing arguments that this is not good deal for both the eu and uk ,as ive always said they need us too and think the deal refects that.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

So you havent read it but know its shit,

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 26/12/20 21:03:08]

Manchester

Keep reading mate.

57. The Agreement includes provisions on cross-border trade in financial services and investment that will secure continued market access. The Agreement provides protections that will ensure that our regulatory and supervisory authorities will be able to act to ensure financial stability, market integrity and protect investors and consumers.

106. The Agreement ensures continued market access rights for UK and EU road haulage operators. Operators will continue to be able to move goods to, from and through each other’s territories with no permit requirements, and make additional movements within each other’s territories, with limits on the number of permitted movements.

Ive yet to see any convincing arguments that this is not good deal for both the eu and uk ,as ive always said they need us too and think the deal refects that."

A deal is better than no deal but not better than being a member. The governments own figures state this.

I haven’t read the agreement as I said but will regarding finance . From the reports in the media it’s in a holding pattern with the EU allowing a grace period.

To quote Boris re financial agreements

“It’s not as much as we would have hoped”

Quoted.

“From Jan. 1, U.K.-based financial institutions lose automatic access to the EU’s single market. To serve customers in the EU next year, U.K.-based institutions will have to be granted equivalence rights, under which the EU “allows” them to conduct certain financial activities. Equivalence rights can be withdrawn at short notice. So far the EU has granted “temporary equivalence rights” to British clearinghouses, which operate between buyers and sellers in trades and pledge to complete the deal even if one side reneges. London has much of this financial plumbing, which manages trillions of dollars of derivatives contracts every day”.

So not a done deal and like the others the details will be less beneficial than being a member .

Regarding permits read all my posts and all relate to a no deal scenario regarding permits. I actually do know how it works. And if you look at the fine print I believe our hauliers now have restricted cabotage rights so are limited in how much work they can do on the continent. Another win.

European hauliers are restricted in the U.K. but they have another 27 countries to freely trade with so much better off than our hauliers.

We also still have increased costs re customs and bureaucracy but you never refer to this ??

Still can’t see any financial winning or taking back out fishing waters.. I think the average U.K. worker is going to be left behind. The rich elite are going to be fine.

Costa you’re definitely no idiot so why do you keep believing the total bullshit.

For example in his own words “£100million for the new Turing scheme to send 35000 students abroad.”

Now I can cut costs but fuck me if those students can get an education including travel and accommodation for £2857 each per year it will be a Brexit miracle. It’s just more bullshit like the 40 hospitals and 50k nurses .

He knew all these numbers weren’t true.

Only rich kids will be going on those courses.

Boris was sacked for lying and yet you blindly follow . He has been caught so often he thinks he’s invincible and his followers will believe any shit he spouts.

Nothing to do with Brexit but he should be called to account by how many times he lies.

It’s not good for our democracy to let this happen from our PM whatever the colour of his tie.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Keep reading mate.

Ive yet to see any convincing arguments that this is not good deal for both the eu and uk ,as ive always said they need us too and think the deal refects that.

A deal is better than no deal but not better than being a member. The governments own figures state this.

I haven’t read the agreement as I said but will regarding finance . From the reports in the media it’s in a holding pattern with the EU allowing a grace period.

Quoted.

“From Jan. 1, U.K.-based financial institutions lose automatic access to the EU’s single market. To serve customers in the EU next year, U.K.-based institutions will have to be granted equivalence rights, under which the EU “allows” them to conduct certain financial activities. Equivalence rights can be withdrawn at short notice. So far the EU has granted “temporary equivalence rights” to British clearinghouses, which operate between buyers and sellers in trades and pledge to complete the deal even if one side reneges. London has much of this financial plumbing, which manages trillions of dollars of derivatives contracts every day”.

So not a done deal and like the others the details will be less beneficial than being a member .

Regarding permits read all my posts and all relate to a no deal scenario regarding permits. I actually do know how it works. And if you look at the fine print I believe our hauliers now have restricted cabotage rights so are limited in how much work they can do on the continent. Another win.

European hauliers are restricted in the U.K. but they have another 27 countries to freely trade with so much better off than our hauliers.

We also still have increased costs re customs and bureaucracy but you never refer to this ??

Still can’t see any financial winning or taking back out fishing waters.. I think the average U.K. worker is going to be left behind. The rich elite are going to be fine.

Costa you’re definitely no idiot so why do you keep believing the total bullshit.

For example in his own words “£100million for the new Turing scheme to send 35000 students abroad.”

Now I can cut costs but fuck me if those students can get an education including travel and accommodation for £2857 each per year it will be a Brexit miracle. It’s just more bullshit like the 40 hospitals and 50k nurses .

Boris was sacked for lying and yet you blindly follow . He has been caught so often he thinks he’s invincible and his followers will believe any shit he spouts.

Nothing to do with Brexit but he should be called to account by how many times he lies.

It’s not good for our democracy to let this happen from our PM whatever the colour of his tie.

"

so you haven't read it then says it all really.

liverpool

Fishermen dont seem happy

Manchester

So you havent read it but know its shit, "

Can you read??

Read my post if you can! I’m response to the Op positive wonderful world. France capitulating etc .

I’ve openly said I’ve only seen sound bites like everyone else on here including the OP.

The less than taking control of all our fishing being reported and still am yet to see any reported benefits!

Surely if we had won something the facts would be printed in every paper boldly?

It’s a deal which is better than no deal but that’s not a win is it if we held all the cards we would hold all the wins.

I’ve also only read this in the FT that car producers will not get away with them parts content as they are today. So unless we change supply chains the investment for exporting cars will reduce according to the manufacturers.

We haven’t stepped forwards only backwards since 2016.

Manchester

Keep reading mate.

Quoted.

so you haven't read it then says it all really. "

Answer my points in detail if you have Costs I will be happy to see you prove the claims of your wonderful new world.

Slating me for not reading it when I’m pretty sure you haven’t read all 2000 pages is just a low base argument not worthy of you.

Manchester

Here’s the points again fo you to answer

Point 1

So worse than before in English !

Point 2

Quoted.

Point 3

Point 4

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

Not according to Paige 780 of the deal section C:

“15. The arrangement should set out the terms under which it can be reviewed or revoked, and the effects of any revision or revocation. Consideration may also be given to the inclusion of provisions concerning the effects of any recognition previously accorded.

SECTION C: Economic value of an envisaged arrangement

16. Pursuant to Article SERVIN 5.13(2) [Professional qualifications], joint recommendations shall be supported by an evidence-based assessment of the economic value of an envisaged arrangement. This may consist of an evaluation of the economic benefits that an arrangement is expected to bring to the economies of both Parties. Such an assessment may assist the Partnership Council when developing and adopting an arrangement.

17. Aspects such as the existing level of market openness, industry needs, market trends and developments, client expectations and requirements and business opportunities would constitute useful elements.

18. The evaluation is not required to be a full and detailed economic analysis, but should provide an explanation of the interest of the profession in, and the expected benefits for the Parties ensuing from, the adoption of an arrangement.“

Page 831:

“Each Party or, in the case of the Union, each Member State shall publish the information on the terms and conditions of employment, in accordance with national law and/or practice, without undue delay and in a transparent manner, on a single official national website, including the constituent elements of remuneration as referred to in Article 4(2) and all the terms and conditions of employment in accordance with Article 4(1).

Each Party or, in the case of the Union, each Member State shall ensure that the information provided on the single official national website is accurate and up to date.

2. Each Party or, in the case of the Union, each Member State shall take the appropriate measures to ensure that the information mentioned in paragraph 1 is made generally available free of charge in a clear, transparent, comprehensive and easily accessible way at a distance and by electronic means, in formats and in accordance with web accessibility standards that ensure access to persons with disabilities and to ensure that competent national bodies are in a position to carry out their tasks effectively.

3. Where, in accordance with national law, traditions and practice, including respect for the autonomy of social partners, the terms and conditions of employment referred to in Article 4 are laid down in collective agreements in accordance with Article 4(1), each Party or, in the case of the Union, each Member State shall ensure that those terms and conditions are made available in an accessible and transparent way to service providers from the other Party and to posted drivers, and shall seek the involvement of the social partners in that respect. The relevant information should, in particular, cover the different minimum rates of pay and their constituent elements, the method used to calculate the remuneration due and, where relevant, the qualifying criteria for classification in the different wage categories.

4. Where, contrary to paragraph 1, the information on the single official national website does not indicate which terms and conditions of employment are to be applied, that circumstance shall be taken into account in accordance with national law and/or practice in determining penalties in the event of infringements to this Section, to the extent necessary to ensure the proportionality of those penalties.”

» Add a new message to this topic