FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Bend it like Beckham ..

Bend it like Beckham ..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rystal Dreamtime OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/leave-voting-sam-allardyce-bemoans-brexit-curbs-on-foreign-signings/05/01/?fbclid=IwAR1eWBR82na2g9k6GFD7IBD19mcJM99Ie_RznVDYfDWg_y67z2tbLA_5rj0#.X_R5e-tm7-c.facebook

Poor Big Sam .. even with his credentials to bend more rules then Uri Geller can knives and forks ! He seems to have hit a snag ... Oh well it’s not like your a stranger to relegation is it Sam , do you remember when you were relegated from England manager to on the Dole !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/leave-voting-sam-allardyce-bemoans-brexit-curbs-on-foreign-signings/05/01/?fbclid=IwAR1eWBR82na2g9k6GFD7IBD19mcJM99Ie_RznVDYfDWg_y67z2tbLA_5rj0#.X_R5e-tm7-c.facebook

Poor Big Sam .. even with his credentials to bend more rules then Uri Geller can knives and forks ! He seems to have hit a snag ... Oh well it’s not like your a stranger to relegation is it Sam , do you remember when you were relegated from England manager to on the Dole ! "

Lower standards going forward english clubs less relevant (apart from arsenal) less money from euro competions, govt may have to sprinkle some of that 350m on football

horsham

I do just wonder though if as an effect of this , the lack of Europeans in the premiership , Sky sports will start to pull the plug and promote a other European league .. Because that’s what happened wasn't it . TV put the money in , the premiership flourished .. Players like Ronaldo came got paid loads , paid tons of tax , cause Sky knew they could screen it back in Portugal and everyone would watch ..

I don’t know , I’m not clever enough to understand it all .. I do know though that there’s a few leagues that would love to get their hands on a bit of premiership money

Don't seem to have a problem signing Brazilians, let's see more South American flair

horsham

"Don't seem to have a problem signing Brazilians, let's see more South American flair "

Absolutely love Brazilian flair .. great players . However footballers will only go to where other top footballers go . Like in any sport you need to play against the best to be considered the best .

I remember in the late eighties early 90s that Italy was the place to go , Gazza at lazio .. Liniker did Italy as well I think .. Division one just couldn’t compete with the money .. Seems a shame to lose all that hard work that lifted the premiership above the other European leagues ..

"Don't seem to have a problem signing Brazilians, let's see more South American flair

Absolutely love Brazilian flair .. great players . However footballers will only go to where other top footballers go . Like in any sport you need to play against the best to be considered the best .

I remember in the late eighties early 90s that Italy was the place to go , Gazza at lazio .. Liniker did Italy as well I think .. Division one just couldn’t compete with the money .. Seems a shame to lose all that hard work that lifted the premiership above the other European leagues .. "

Was that before the Maastricht Treaty? And formation of the EU?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Fat Sam is the master of excuses.

These rules DO NOT stop the transfer in of EU players, just the mediocre ones! And believe me, English football is full of them, meaning that English youth players cannot flourish.

Our game will be better for it. The national side will be better for it.

"Fat Sam is the master of excuses.

These rules DO NOT stop the transfer in of EU players, just the mediocre ones! And believe me, English football is full of them, meaning that English youth players cannot flourish.

Our game will be better for it. The national side will be better for it.

"

horsham

"Don't seem to have a problem signing Brazilians, let's see more South American flair

I remember in the late eighties early 90s that Italy was the place to go , Gazza at lazio .. Liniker did Italy as well I think .. Division one just couldn’t compete with the money .. Seems a shame to lose all that hard work that lifted the premiership above the other European leagues ..

Was that before the Maastricht Treaty? And formation of the EU? "

I’m trying to think when Maastricht was signed ? I can’t remember if it was before 92 election or after , I think it was after .. I will have to go and have a google

However I understand what your getting at , and you may be right .. but it’s not me saying there’s trouble signing European players now it’s Big Sam .. and you would think he would know ..

Me personally I’ve never signed a football player in my life so I wouldn’t know ...

Have you signed many football players ?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

English football was a lot better when we had the "two foreigner" rule.

And the ones that did come had to have similar work permits back then.

horsham

"English football was a lot better when we had the "two foreigner" rule.

And the ones that did come had to have similar work permits back then. "

I wouldn’t dispute if it was better or worse really . It was not as lucrative back then though as far as I can remember , probably didn’t generate as much money ..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"English football was a lot better when we had the "two foreigner" rule.

And the ones that did come had to have similar work permits back then. "

I’m trying to think when Maastricht was signed ? I can’t remember if it was before 92 election or after , I think it was after .. I will have to go and have a google

However I understand what your getting at , and you may be right .. but it’s not me saying there’s trouble signing European players now it’s Big Sam .. and you would think he would know ..

Me personally I’ve never signed a football player in my life so I wouldn’t know ...

Have you signed many football players ? "

93 and what I'm saying is there wasn't a problem moving around before EU rules if the money was there and the money is now in the UK due to TV rights of SKY and BT and the games being sold all round the world, the top players will still come

horsham

93 and what I'm saying is there wasn't a problem moving around before EU rules if the money was there and the money is now in the UK due to TV rights of SKY and BT and the games being sold all round the world, the top players will still come "

Right well ok , You seem pretty positive .. probably just Big Sam making sure his excuse book is upto date ..

It’s been discussed on a few football forums I’m part of so I will be sure to pass on your optimism .. If you did have a link for that though it would be quite handy .. Thanks in advance

93 and what I'm saying is there wasn't a problem moving around before EU rules if the money was there and the money is now in the UK due to TV rights of SKY and BT and the games being sold all round the world, the top players will still come

Right well ok , You seem pretty positive .. probably just Big Sam making sure his excuse book is upto date ..

It’s been discussed on a few football forums I’m part of so I will be sure to pass on your optimism .. If you did have a link for that though it would be quite handy .. Thanks in advance "

Link to what? I can give you a link to the best forward line in the Premiership if you like? Ferminho, Salah and Mane, a Brazilian, Egyptian and Senegalese

horsham

It’s been discussed on a few football forums I’m part of so I will be sure to pass on your optimism .. If you did have a link for that though it would be quite handy .. Thanks in advance

Link to what? I can give you a link to the best forward line in the Premiership if you like? Ferminho, Salah and Mane, a Brazilian, Egyptian and Senegalese "

I wouldn’t dispute that’s a cracking front line . I love the game of football , I played right the way through school . Natural left footer and quick over 100mtrs so always got my game . Played as high as District till other things took my mind away from the game . One lad I played with signed Pro after leaving school . Never quite got the break though ..

I’m just conveying what’s in the news .. I truly hope football flourishes in this country

"https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/leave-voting-sam-allardyce-bemoans-brexit-curbs-on-foreign-signings/05/01/?fbclid=IwAR1eWBR82na2g9k6GFD7IBD19mcJM99Ie_RznVDYfDWg_y67z2tbLA_5rj0#.X_R5e-tm7-c.facebook

Poor Big Sam .. even with his credentials to bend more rules then Uri Geller can knives and forks ! He seems to have hit a snag ... Oh well it’s not like your a stranger to relegation is it Sam , do you remember when you were relegated from England manager to on the Dole ! "

Footballers aren't the type of people that brexit voters want to keep out.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Dont footballers just follow the money?

I've often read in the papers how some south American player or others transfer has been dependent on getting a work visa which always seems to come through, so I'm sure they will have mo problem getting European stars into the league.

Also I'm pretty sure all these players have agents and advisers who give them.the best advice on tax avoidance or reducing their tax liability.

horsham

"Dont footballers just follow the money?

I've often read in the papers how some south American player or others transfer has been dependent on getting a work visa which always seems to come through, so I'm sure they will have mo problem getting European stars into the league.

Also I'm pretty sure all these players have agents and advisers who give them.the best advice on tax avoidance or reducing their tax liability."

I suppose it depends on which papers you read ..

Big Sam says he has hit a snag .. Then again maybe we shouldn’t believe the word of a proven liar and a cheat

» Add a new message to this topic