FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit and workers rights.

Brexit and workers rights.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

The uk has one of the best workers rights records in the world, but with brexit the workers rights could change where workers could lose paid holiday and force them to work longer, why ould they want to change it? That is why a union is more important to have than ever before.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"The uk has one of the best workers rights records in the world, but with brexit the workers rights could change where workers could lose paid holiday and force them to work longer, why ould they want to change it? That is why a union is more important to have than ever before.

"

The opitimum word there is "could".

There are no proposals at all on the table yet.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 18/01/21 07:57:53]

liverpool

"The uk has one of the best workers rights records in the world, but with brexit the workers rights could change where workers could lose paid holiday and force them to work longer, why ould they want to change it? That is why a union is more important to have than ever before.

"

A report has been seen by the ft.

But because it hasn't happened yet, there is apparently nothing to worry about.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Just ask yourself this if we have one of the best workers rights records in the world and could have had lowered standards while in the eu to the same as some eu countries why would they go through all that crap for the last 4 1/2 years just to lower them now?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. "

Is it a benefit for us that the government can now remove workers rights if they want to?

The likes of Tim Martin certainly believe so.

near ipswich

Is it a benefit for us that the government can now remove workers rights if they want to?

The likes of Tim Martin certainly believe so."

As i was told so many times they could have when in the eu ,the uk has much higher standards on workers rights than most of the eu so why would they as they could have anyway.

You cant have it both ways telling leavers they had these rights to lower standards in debates on here and now tell them because we are out they will.

The likes of Tim Martin certainly believe so.As i was told so many times they could have when in the eu ,the uk has much higher standards on workers rights than most of the eu so why would they as they could have anyway.

You cant have it both ways telling leavers they had these rights to lower standards in debates on here and now tell them because we are out they will. "

Who told you this, is there anywhere we can look this up.

Because if you look up say, the Employment Rights Act 1996, it aligns largely with the EU.

liverpool

The likes of Tim Martin certainly believe so."

It's like trying to argue with members of a cult

It's like trying to argue with members of a cult "

It is reminiscent of the Black Knight scene from the Holy Grail sometimes.

near ipswich

It's like trying to argue with members of a cult "

Insults will get you no where lionel.If they could do it while in the eu why didnt they? just try using a bit of common sense instead of your total paranoia of tories.

near ipswich

It is reminiscent of the Black Knight scene from the Holy Grail sometimes. "

So you h ave no credible reason either then i thought not

It is reminiscent of the Black Knight scene from the Holy Grail sometimes. So you h ave no credible reason either then i thought not "

I asked you for some information.

liverpool

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/workers-rights-and-the-new-eu-withdrawal-agreement-bill/

near ipswich

It is reminiscent of the Black Knight scene from the Holy Grail sometimes. So you h ave no credible reason either then i thought not

I asked you for some information."

What information?

near ipswich

"https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/workers-rights-and-the-new-eu-withdrawal-agreement-bill/"
great lionel did you read it? the uk could already reduce workers rights to the level set by the eu as i said why didnt they?

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. "

Yes, that is the word, what I dont get is why they even think in that way cos it is important to have happy workers working for the country and not to make it worse for them.

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. Yes, that is the word, what I dont get is why they even think in that way cos it is important to have happy workers working for the country and not to make it worse for them."

With brexit it would be also easier for them to change the workers rights too.

A report has been seen by the ft.

But because it hasn't happened yet, there is apparently nothing to worry about."

Yes, that is what they so call say too about it.

liverpool

It's like trying to argue with members of a cult Insults will get you no where lionel.If they could do it while in the eu why didnt they? just try using a bit of common sense instead of your total paranoia of tories."

As a result the uk cannot currently reduce these rights,below the minimum level, set by eu law..but they can choose to increase them

near ipswich

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. Yes, that is the word, what I dont get is why they even think in that way cos it is important to have happy workers working for the country and not to make it worse for them."

Very true shag we are not in the dark ages anymore stuffing kids up chimneys and working in the mills 20 hours a day although some on here would have you believe the tories want to go back to those days. The majority of companies realize by giving their workers better working conditions ,flexibilty, pay, holidays etc they actually get the best workers, more productive and a happier workforce leading to higher profits.Some on here just live in the past.

near ipswich

It's like trying to argue with members of a cult Insults will get you no where lionel.If they could do it while in the eu why didnt they? just try using a bit of common sense instead of your total paranoia of tories.

As a result the uk cannot currently reduce these rights,below the minimum level, set by eu law..but they can choose to increase them

"

yes but as the uk rights are alot higher than most of the eu why didnt they reduce them to the minimum level before?

By *ssexbloke72Man  over a year ago

Poplar

Lionel is extremely worried that his hours on Fab whilst at work will be reduced fron 7 hours a day to 6.!

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"Lionel is extremely worried that his hours on Fab whilst at work will be reduced fron 7 hours a day to 6.! "

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

Post referendum debates with acquaintances highlighted quite a deep rooted disdain of workers rights in some cases .. Admittedly it was mostly from self employed ( I’m self employed and work with all manor of different trades , on the tools if you like )

The classic for me personally was a argument made by a leaver , On the rights of a woman employee to take maternity leave and still be able to return to work . His ( to me ) unbelievable quote was “ My mate runs a business, and the secretary keeps getting pregnant , she does it on purpose cause she knows he can’t sack her and she still gets paid ! “ He made this comment even though his own wife had benefited greatly from this legislation which in turn has benefitted him .

For some any legislation that is seen as a benefit including workers rights is also seen as some type of lazy bastard taking handouts .. ..

I suspect there will be quite a few changes to workplace legislation..

near ipswich

"Post referendum debates with acquaintances highlighted quite a deep rooted disdain of workers rights in some cases .. Admittedly it was mostly from self employed ( I’m self employed and work with all manor of different trades , on the tools if you like )

The classic for me personally was a argument made by a leaver , On the rights of a woman employee to take maternity leave and still be able to return to work . His ( to me ) unbelievable quote was “ My mate runs a business, and the secretary keeps getting pregnant , she does it on purpose cause she knows he can’t sack her and she still gets paid ! “ He made this comment even though his own wife had benefited greatly from this legislation which in turn has benefitted him .

For some any legislation that is seen as a benefit including workers rights is also seen as some type of lazy bastard taking handouts .. ..

"

one persons comment im sure like myself you are embarrassed by some of the comments on here from people with similar goals that does not mean everyone has the same attitude.

I still want to know why people think that rights will be lowered now we are out .when they could have been anyway

"Post referendum debates with acquaintances highlighted quite a deep rooted disdain of workers rights in some cases .. Admittedly it was mostly from self employed ( I’m self employed and work with all manor of different trades , on the tools if you like )

one persons comment im sure like myself you are embarrassed by some of the comments on here from people with similar goals that does not mean everyone has the same attitude.

I still want to know why people think that rights will be lowered now we are out .when they could have been anyway "

"As i was told so many times they could have when in the eu ,the uk has much higher standards on workers rights than most of the eu so why would they as they could have anyway."

Your argument is based off something you heard from mysterious sources. Then you belittle someone for telling you something they heard from someone.

[Removed by poster at 18/01/21 10:07:21]

near ipswich

I still want to know why people think that rights will be lowered now we are out .when they could have been anyway

"As i was told so many times they could have when in the eu ,the uk has much higher standards on workers rights than most of the eu so why would they as they could have anyway."

Your argument is based off something you heard from mysterious sources. Then you belittle someone for telling you something they heard from someone. "

I was told by remainers such as yourself just go to the link lionel posted if you want the law.

i will give you just one example the eu says you may have 14 weeks maternity pay, the uk is 52 weeks why did the uk not reduce it to 14 weeks ?there was nothing stopping them but they might now.

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. Yes, that is the word, what I dont get is why they even think in that way cos it is important to have happy workers working for the country and not to make it worse for them.Very true shag we are not in the dark ages anymore stuffing kids up chimneys and working in the mills 20 hours a day although some on here would have you believe the tories want to go back to those days. The majority of companies realize by giving their workers better working conditions ,flexibilty, pay, holidays etc they actually get the best workers, more productive and a happier workforce leading to higher profits.Some on here just live in the past."

Yes, but why do the torys even think of changing it?

horsham

I still want to know why people think that rights will be lowered now we are out .when they could have been anyway "

One persons comment that I highlighted yes , However he wasn’t / isn’t alone amongst my peers .. I find my self rather in minority at my place of work ..

A lot of it is born from the ill conceived idea that it’s just “ their hard earned income that pays for benefits .. whatever they may be .

As an analogy perhaps to why things may change now we are out of the EU , “ one does not let rip with a great big fart at the diner party table , one usually waits till one is alone before letting the stink out “

near ipswich

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. Yes, that is the word, what I dont get is why they even think in that way cos it is important to have happy workers working for the country and not to make it worse for them.Very true shag we are not in the dark ages anymore stuffing kids up chimneys and working in the mills 20 hours a day although some on here would have you believe the tories want to go back to those days. The majority of companies realize by giving their workers better working conditions ,flexibilty, pay, holidays etc they actually get the best workers, more productive and a happier workforce leading to higher profits.Some on here just live in the past.Yes, but why do the torys even think of changing it?"

I would think the minister responsible is doing his job and looking at everything thats his or her job it doesn't have to be worse it could be better. They do have to get elected again and its the working man who elects them.

near ipswich

One persons comment that I highlighted yes , However he wasn’t / isn’t alone amongst my peers .. I find my self rather in minority at my place of work ..

A lot of it is born from the ill conceived idea that it’s just “ their hard earned income that pays for benefits .. whatever they may be .

As an analogy perhaps to why things may change now we are out of the EU , “ one does not let rip with a great big fart at the diner party table , one usually waits till one is alone before letting the stink out “ "

but it wouldn't have been a stink would it if it was the eu,s own stink ? no one would notice if that was the norm.

"

Guaranteed lowering of rights it's the only way we can try to compete now, and also there are still a great many chimneys in stately homes mostly owned by wealthy tories

near ipswich

Guaranteed lowering of rights it's the only way we can try to compete now, and also there are still a great many chimneys in stately homes mostly owned by wealthy tories "

I wondered when we were going to hear from the expert on everything.

what rights are they going to lower so that we can compete? im interested to know.

horsham

As an analogy perhaps to why things may change now we are out of the EU , “ one does not let rip with a great big fart at the diner party table , one usually waits till one is alone before letting the stink out “ but it wouldn't have been a stink would it if it was the eu,s own stink ? no one would notice if that was the norm. "

Thing is we “ were “ the EU .. one should not dismiss the vast contribution that the UK made towards the development and shape of the European project .. As a nation with our history of diplomacy and legislation we drew up much of what was considered the European way .. For example it was the UK whom after the fall of the Soviet Union pushed almost single handily for the expansion to include former Soviet Union countries whom may other wise have fallen into disarray .

Given that we were contributors to EU legislation it’s rather embarrassing do you not think to be instrumental in laying down rules and then state we are not going to abide by such rules .. perhaps even arrogant ? .

liverpool

It's like trying to argue with members of a cult Insults will get you no where lionel.If they could do it while in the eu why didnt they? just try using a bit of common sense instead of your total paranoia of tories.

yes but as the uk rights are alot higher than most of the eu why didnt they reduce them to the minimum level before?"

Can you provide a link showing us in what ways we have a lot higher than most other eu countries?

liverpool

https://fullfact.org/news/does-uk-have-toughest-laws-strikes-developed-world/

liverpool

https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/articles/which-european-countries-have-the-best-workers-rights

Not here

"https://fullfact.org/news/does-uk-have-toughest-laws-strikes-developed-world/"

Must be break time Lionel?

What does that article say?

near ipswich

yes but as the uk rights are alot higher than most of the eu why didnt they reduce them to the minimum level before?

Can you provide a link showing us in what ways we have a lot higher than most other eu countries?"

Try maternity rights for one,paid annual leave only france have more days .Try looking for yourself as i dont have a specific link.

near ipswich

"https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/articles/which-european-countries-have-the-best-workers-rights

"

a great link thanks its what ive been saying all along.

liverpool

Can you provide a link showing us in what ways we have a lot higher than most other eu countries?Try maternity rights for one,paid annual leave only france have more days .Try looking for yourself as i dont have a specific link."

I have provided a link

In 8 areas the only 1 we come out joint top is 1.(pay)

We also have 1 of the most restrictive union legislation on the continent.

liverpool

"https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/articles/which-european-countries-have-the-best-workers-rights

a great link thanks its what ive been saying all along. "

liverpool

According to an internstonsl survey the 5 best countries that cater to workers rights are as follows

Austria

Belgium

Denmark

Germany

Finland

Guaranteed lowering of rights it's the only way we can try to compete now, and also there are still a great many chimneys in stately homes mostly owned by wealthy tories I wondered when we were going to hear from the expert on everything.

what rights are they going to lower so that we can compete? im interested to know."

Doh. Now that we're at a massive competitive advantage thanks to brexit, even Dyson

and ratcliffe have set up in Singapore and france there are only two ways to go, the Tories taxing the rich, lol, or lowering standards for everyone else, is there anything that would lead u to believe the Tories will tax their rich buddies.

Poplar

Can you provide a link showing us in what ways we have a lot higher than most other eu countries?Try maternity rights for one,paid annual leave only france have more days .Try looking for yourself as i dont have a specific link.

I have provided a link

We also have 1 of the most restrictive union legislation on the continent. "

As a life long union member I have no problem with the current union legislation.

You keep mentioning this Lionel what is YOUR actual problem with it?

I'm interested to know so please state your problem?

liverpool

Can you provide a link showing us in what ways we have a lot higher than most other eu countries?Try maternity rights for one,paid annual leave only france have more days .Try looking for yourself as i dont have a specific link.

I have provided a link

As a life long union member I have no problem with the current union legislation.

I'm interested to know so please state your problem?"

You think having some of the most restrictive union legislation in Europe is fine?

Poplar

I have provided a link

I'm interested to know so please state your problem?

You think having some of the most restrictive union legislation in Europe is fine?"

Stop deflecting from what I asked you.

What is YOUR problem with the current legislation?

liverpool

That at least 50%of eligible people must vote

That at least 40%of people must vote for strike action.

Not here

"https://fullfact.org/news/does-uk-have-toughest-laws-strikes-developed-world/

What does that article say?"

Clearly Lionel hasn’t read the article, he’s just resorted to his friend Google to search out headlines.

Had he read the article, he would have discovered it is dated 8 September 2011, just after 13 years of a Labour Goverment.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

You said it better than most EU countries in fact so this false fear being put about by remoaners is pathetic they are so like Trump fans sad buggers

liverpool

Clearly Lionel hasn’t read the article, he’s just resorted to his friend Google to search out headlines.

Had he read the article, he would have discovered it is dated 8 September 2011, just after 13 years of a Labour Goverment."

Try having a read of the trade union act

Poplar

"That at least 50%of eligible people must vote

That at least 40%of people must vote for strike action. "

What is wrong with at least 50% of people must vote?

It's a much better system than having a few members in a car park showing their hands to go on strike and taking the entire workforce out who never had a say in the decision.

liverpool

Had he read the article, he would have discovered it is dated 8 September 2011, just after 13 years of a Labour Goverment."

And?

liverpool

"That at least 50%of eligible people must vote

That at least 40%of people must vote for strike action.

What is wrong with at least 50% of people must vote?

It's a much better system than having a few members in a car park showing their hands to go on strike and taking the entire workforce out who never had a say in the decision.

"

Do they use that criteria in any other elections?

Not here

Had he read the article, he would have discovered it is dated 8 September 2011, just after 13 years of a Labour Goverment.

And?"

So what was the point you were making?

liverpool

And?

So what was the point you were making?"

I said we had the most restrictive trade union legislation in eurpe..made worst by the trade union act in 2016

You brought up Tony Blair's gmnt

I was wondering if you had a point?

Not here

And?

I said we had the most restrictive trade union legislation in eurpe..made worst by the trade union act in 2016

I was wondering if you had a point?"

You referred everyone to an article from 2011. Still waiting for your point.

liverpool

And?

You referred everyone to an article from 2011. Still waiting for your point."

I'm assuming you can read?

My point is we have some of the worst union legislation is Europe.

Made worst In 2016

Do you need me to draw you a picture?

Not here

And?

Made worst In 2016

Do you need me to draw you a picture?"

I can read, it’s obviously you that has difficulty in that department.

What was being debated is whether existing employment laws will be diluted now the UK has left the EU.

You then posted a link to an article which has a headline ‘ Does the UK have the toughest laws on strikes in the developed world, which was dated 2011 and was based upon an earlier article dated 2007.

Did you read the conclusion?

liverpool

And?

Made worst In 2016

What was being debated is whether existing employment laws will be diluted now the UK has left the EU.

You then posted a link to an article which has a headline ‘ Does the UK have the toughest laws on strikes in the developed world, which was dated 2011 and was based upon an earlier article dated 2007.

Did you read the conclusion? "

A good case can be made that the uk that the uk strike regulations are amongst the toughest amongst advanced European countries.

Made stricter in 2016

Not here

And?

Made worst In 2016

A good case can be made that the uk that the uk strike regulations are amongst the toughest amongst advanced European countries.

Made stricter in 2016

"

So to justify that argument, you refer us to an article that was written after 10 years of a Labour Government. Thanks for the clarity.

liverpool

And?

Made worst In 2016

Made stricter in 2016

So to justify that argument, you refer us to an article that was written after 10 years of a Labour Government. Thanks for the clarity."

Again..before I lose the will to live..and?

Not here

And?

Made worst In 2016

Made stricter in 2016

So to justify that argument, you refer us to an article that was written after 10 years of a Labour Government. Thanks for the clarity.

Again..before I lose the will to live..and?"

It must be lunch hour now?

What got you creaming your pants was that you are trying to prove that things will get worse under a Tory government now that we have left the EU and to try and enhance your argument you provided a link which you claim states the UK has the toughest union laws( read the conclusion) The irony being that the original article was written in 2007 after 10 years of a Labour government. Even your tiny brain must see the irony?

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. Yes, that is the word, what I dont get is why they even think in that way cos it is important to have happy workers working for the country and not to make it worse for them.Very true shag we are not in the dark ages anymore stuffing kids up chimneys and working in the mills 20 hours a day although some on here would have you believe the tories want to go back to those days. The majority of companies realize by giving their workers better working conditions ,flexibilty, pay, holidays etc they actually get the best workers, more productive and a happier workforce leading to higher profits.Some on here just live in the past."

I’m very happy for you if that’s your experience. Sadly, many people find that they are dispensable and there are other people waiting for their jobs so either they are put up with it or are sink

liverpool

And?

Made worst In 2016

Made stricter in 2016

What got you creaming your pants was that you are trying to prove that things will get worse under a Tory government now that we have left the EU and to try and enhance your argument you provided a link which you claim states the UK has the toughest union laws( read the conclusion) The irony being that the original article was written in 2007 after 10 years of a Labour government. Even your tiny brain must see the irony?

"

Sigh

I'll try one last time then please go and bore someone else to death.

The point was made we had some of the best working conditions in europe.

I pointed out that we had the most restrictive trade union practices in europe.The fact that this came after labour were in power(I'm presuming you have heard of Tony Blair?try reading up on clause 4)is irrelevant.

These restrictions were made worse in the 2016 trade union act.

It's really not quantum physics.

As for things getting worse try reading the story several news outlets including the ft were running last week.

Not here

And?

Made worst In 2016

Made stricter in 2016

Sigh

I pointed out that we had the most restrictive trade union practices in europe.The fact that this came after labour were in power(I'm presuming you have heard of Tony Blair?try reading up on clause 4)is irrelevant.

As for things getting worse try reading the story several news outlets including the ft were running last week."

I keep forgetting I’m dealing with someone of limited intelligence. Keep an eye on that clock Lionel.

liverpool

There are no proposals at all on the table yet. Yes, that is the word, what I dont get is why they even think in that way cos it is important to have happy workers working for the country and not to make it worse for them.Very true shag we are not in the dark ages anymore stuffing kids up chimneys and working in the mills 20 hours a day although some on here would have you believe the tories want to go back to those days. The majority of companies realize by giving their workers better working conditions ,flexibilty, pay, holidays etc they actually get the best workers, more productive and a happier workforce leading to higher profits.Some on here just live in the past.

I’m very happy for you if that’s your experience. Sadly, many people find that they are dispensable and there are other people waiting for their jobs so either they are put up with it or are sink"

Even if the story about workers rights is proved to be true,less holidays etc, will be spun as some sort of victory as we are no longer under the yoke of the eu.

liverpool

And?

Made worst In 2016

Made stricter in 2016

Sigh

As for things getting worse try reading the story several news outlets including the ft were running last week.

I keep forgetting I’m dealing with someone of limited intelligence. Keep an eye on that clock Lionel."

And I'm done.

Thanks for another soul destroying debate

Not here

And?

Made worst In 2016

Made stricter in 2016

Sigh

I keep forgetting I’m dealing with someone of limited intelligence. Keep an eye on that clock Lionel.

And I'm done.

Thanks for another soul destroying debate "

You’re welcome, My little one trick pony

Poplar

Your whole argument on trade unions appears to be thet 50% of the trade union branch have to vote in a ballot.

As a trade union member this is a benifet. It means every branch member receives a ballot paper with the exact reason why the branch is proposing industrial action.

You have the option of voting for or against the proposed again or not returning the ballot at all.

What ever your choice is the fact is you had the choice in the first place.

I can only surmise Lionel you are either not or never have been in a trade union or have never have been on strike as a trade union member.

liverpool

"Your whole argument on trade unions appears to be thet 50% of the trade union branch have to vote in a ballot.

As a trade union member this is a benifet. It means every branch member receives a ballot paper with the exact reason why the branch is proposing industrial action.

You have the option of voting for or against the proposed again or not returning the ballot at all.

What ever your choice is the fact is you had the choice in the first place.

I can only surmise Lionel you are either not or never have been in a trade union or have never have been on strike as a trade union member.

"

Wrong on both counts I'm afraid.

Also been a rep.

liverpool

Why does the turnout have to be 50%when this doesnt apply to general elections say?

Poplar

"Why does the turnout have to be 50%when this doesnt apply to general elections say?"

Why shouldn't it be 50% when we are talking about your job and personal income.

Do you honestly believe it was better when you could stand in a car park and ask for a show of hands and take out the entire workforce?

As Mr Corbyn would say the current way is now 'better for the many not just the few'.

liverpool

"Why does the turnout have to be 50%when this doesnt apply to general elections say?

Do you honestly believe it was better when you could stand in a car park and ask for a show of hands and take out the entire workforce?

As Mr Corbyn would say the current way is now 'better for the many not just the few'.

"

Why do you keep repeating about the car park?

Of course not.

I just found it a bot strange that you need a big turnout to go on strike ,than you do,to elect people to run the country.

Poplar

"Why does the turnout have to be 50%when this doesnt apply to general elections say?

Of course not.

I just found it a bot strange that you need a big turnout to go on strike ,than you do,to elect people to run the country. "

You know as well as I do a GE and a union vote is two different issues.

However a GE everyone registered gets the chance to vote just like unions members do now.

If we were to have a two party only system maybe the winning party would get a bigger turnout. But you can not compare the current system against a yes/no trade union ballot.

As for car parks, I mention it because I have lived it when voting in trade union ballots.

liverpool

Of course not.

I just found it a bot strange that you need a big turnout to go on strike ,than you do,to elect people to run the country.

You know as well as I do a GE and a union vote is two different issues.

However a GE everyone registered gets the chance to vote just like unions members do now.

If we were to have a two party only system maybe the winning party would get a bigger turnout. But you can not compare the current system against a yes/no trade union ballot.

As for car parks, I mention it because I have lived it when voting in trade union ballots."

I'm not talking about how you vote, but the turnout threshold.

This does not apply to any other election and is.much stricter than lots of other European countries,where they dont have to give notice.

I remember there were calls for tories that rep work should be done in your own time.

Let's be honest..if they could ban trade unuins,they would do like a shot.

At least be honest.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

This was published on the run up to the trade deal.

Concern over the potential unravelling of our existing framework of employment rights largely revolves around the importance of establishing ‘a floor of rights’ and setting minimum standards in ensuring a degree of workplace equity, protecting the most vulnerable and challenging the reliance of the UK economy on low paid and low skilled work. 

The stance taken by government has important implications for the ability of the UK economy to compete with its EU counterparts. More specifically it suggests that providing a robust framework of individual employment rights and also encouraging the development of collective forms of employee representation are central to increasing employee engagement and consequently productivity.

In simple terms, current employment rights for British workers can be categorised into three types. The first are purely national measures with no EU influence or intervention and upon which Brexit will have no direct effect, such as the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage. The second were brought in as a result of EU directives, including equal treatment for agency workers, limits on working time and rights around information and consultation. The third, and perhaps most complex, are those where British law has been amended, extended and underpinned by EU measures.

What happens to these and other rights remains, of course, to be seen, and once the Brexit process is underway, simply unravelling the fabric of British employment law, deciding which strands to retain and which to repeal, will then take up substantial amounts of Parliamentary time. And much will depend on the stance taken by the Brexit negotiators.

If Britain seeks some form of continuing trade relationship with the EU, then it might be necessary to retain some, if not all, of the rights and protections required by the EU. However, there is a growing consensus that at least some employment rights will be weakened.

There are also strong indications as to the rights which are most at risk, with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development suggesting that the coming years will see “a tinkering with specific areas which have been less popular with UK employers”. Therefore it seems we are likely to see the erosion of rights related to: working time and paid holidays; agency workers; protection against some forms of discrimination; health and safety; and collective consultation on issues such as redundancy.

Earlier this month a tory backbencher has asked if we can do away with workers rights, so you never know what might be round the corner.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Can you provide a link showing us in what ways we have a lot higher than most other eu countries?Try maternity rights for one,paid annual leave only france have more days .Try looking for yourself as i dont have a specific link."

UK holiday 28 days, EU 20 days

UK have minimum wage law, EU no minimum law

UK maternity leave 52 weeks, EU 14 weeks

All could have been reduced to EU standards but were not.

liverpool

Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Denmark 90%of your salary for 104 weeks

UK £82 a week for 26 weeks

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

UK £82 a week for 26 weeks"

Lionel, lionel, lionel.

Finland Paternity leave is 18 days (granted still more than the UK). It then switches to the same as the UK. Parental leave where the mother has to give up leave so the father can take extra.

Come on man, you're better than this

I didn't look at the others

liverpool

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Lionel, lionel, lionel.

Finland Paternity leave is 18 days (granted still more than the UK). It then switches to the same as the UK. Parental leave where the mother has to give up leave so the father can take extra.

I didn't look at the others "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-51384614

liverpool

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Lionel, lionel, lionel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-51384614"

And Sweden's is even higher

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Looks like it’s swings and roundabouts to be honest. No standardised approach with some (including aspects of the Uk) being better than others.

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Lionel, lionel, lionel.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-51384614"

https://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=1109&langId=en&intPageId=4514

This is a better link, being that its official.

BTW, I don't dispute that some EU countries would have better rights than us. But cherry picking certain rights from the bloc as a whole doesn't tell the whole story

liverpool

"Looks like it’s swings and roundabouts to be honest. No standardised approach with some (including aspects of the Uk) being better than others.

"

So perhaps people shouldnt say we are amongst the best in europe ,and not expect to be called out.

North Bucks

"Looks like it’s swings and roundabouts to be honest. No standardised approach with some (including aspects of the Uk) being better than others.

So perhaps people shouldnt say we are amongst the best in europe ,and not expect to be called out.

"

I think “among”is a fair comment certainly not the very best. Where do you think we stand?

liverpool

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Lionel, lionel, lionel.

BTW, I don't dispute that some EU countries would have better rights than us. But cherry picking certain rights from the bloc as a whole doesn't tell the whole story"

Neither does cherry picking other ones where we are,at best,level with other countries, to prove we are somehow the best.

When we are clearly not.

milton keynes

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

UK £82 a week for 26 weeks"

Thank you. So lots of different situations going on. If they wanted to reduce them a bit would the EU stop them. I'm not saying they are considering it but if they really wanted to what would be the response

liverpool

I think “among”is a fair comment certainly not the very best. Where do you think we stand?

"

In that link in about 8 areas we could out joint top in annual leave,with about 6 other countries.

Every other area,other counties, denmark most notably, seem to be in top.

We arent the worst.. bit we aremt the best.

liverpool

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Thank you. So lots of different situations going on. If they wanted to reduce them a bit would the EU stop them. I'm not saying they are considering it but if they really wanted to what would be the response"

Do you think the ft are making up that story then?

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Lionel, lionel, lionel.

BTW, I don't dispute that some EU countries would have better rights than us. But cherry picking certain rights from the bloc as a whole doesn't tell the whole story

Neither does cherry picking other ones where we are,at best,level with other countries, to prove we are somehow the best.

When we are clearly not."

I never picked any countries to compare. I also said Finland where still ahead of us on Paternity leave.

I will agree though, comparing certain policies with other countries, youbwill always find some are better at certain things and other better at other things.

milton keynes

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Thank you. So lots of different situations going on. If they wanted to reduce them a bit would the EU stop them. I'm not saying they are considering it but if they really wanted to what would be the response

Do you think the ft are making up that story then?"

I was not comparing to any countries but to the EU. So could these countries reduce these benefits without problems from the EU

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

I was not comparing to any countries but to the EU. So could these countries reduce these benefits without problems from the EU"

Technically they could because the EU have set minimums of which most countries are above.

That doesn't mean they wouldn't find internal challenges though

liverpool

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

I was not comparing to any countries but to the EU. So could these countries reduce these benefits without problems from the EU"

They have a minimum level however southern italy for example is a completely different environment to say southern England, so I'm not sure how that's possible.

I remember reading someone where 1 of the aims of the eu was to level up the poorest areas,which is why parts if this country qualified for objective 1 funding.

near ipswich

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

I was not comparing to any countries but to the EU. So could these countries reduce these benefits without problems from the EU

They have a minimum level however southern italy for example is a completely different environment to say southern England, so I'm not sure how that's possible.

I remember reading someone where 1 of the aims of the eu was to level up the poorest areas,which is why parts if this country qualified for objective 1 funding."

The impossible dream.

milton keynes

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

Technically they could because the EU have set minimums of which most countries are above.

That doesn't mean they wouldn't find internal challenges though"

If they stay within the rules yes they can. They can even reduce to the minimum if they choose though of course they may have the voters on their backs.

near ipswich

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

If they stay within the rules yes they can. They can even reduce to the minimum if they choose though of course they may have the voters on their backs. "

This is what i have been saying all along the uk could have reduced workers rights to the eu minimum while still in so why didnt they and why would they now ? Still not got an answer to that one just the usual diversions.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

See this is the problem, we’ve become so lackadaisical when it comes to the erosion of our rights due to the mediocre government in charge.

Regardless of the shit they do it’s just accepted and move on. It’s like most Tory voters are quite submissive, and like to be whipped and asking daddy Boris they want more.

Reduced worker rights? Yes daddy Boris

Shit trade deal? Yes daddy Boris

Crap Covid response? Yes Daddy Boris

These Tory voters so meek and weak.

liverpool

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

If they stay within the rules yes they can. They can even reduce to the minimum if they choose though of course they may have the voters on their backs. This is what i have been saying all along the uk could have reduced workers rights to the eu minimum while still in so why didnt they and why would they now ? Still not got an answer to that one just the usual diversions. "

You said we had the best rights In Europe.

You were clearly proven wrong.

near ipswich

"See this is the problem, we’ve become so lackadaisical when it comes to the erosion of our rights due to the mediocre government in charge.

Regardless of the shit they do it’s just accepted and move on. It’s like most Tory voters are quite submissive, and like to be whipped and asking daddy Boris they want more.

"

what workers rights have been reduced im interested to know?

covid i think everyone is having problems with that what would you have done different?

near ipswich

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

If they stay within the rules yes they can. They can even reduce to the minimum if they choose though of course they may have the voters on their backs. This is what i have been saying all along the uk could have reduced workers rights to the eu minimum while still in so why didnt they and why would they now ? Still not got an answer to that one just the usual diversions.

You were clearly proven wrong."

No the op said that i think i said ask yourself IF we have the best,anyway you can go back and read it so dont go mis quoting me to avoid answering the question yet again.

liverpool

Unless you have a full list of every single right and every single country,its impossible to measure.

In terms of annual we rank alongside Germany,the scani countries.

In terms of paternity leave,unemployment benefit etc we are no where near the top.

I'm still waiting for an answer as to why a respected right wing broadsheet,would make a false story about the gmnt

North Bucks

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

If they stay within the rules yes they can. They can even reduce to the minimum if they choose though of course they may have the voters on their backs. This is what i have been saying all along the uk could have reduced workers rights to the eu minimum while still in so why didnt they and why would they now ? Still not got an answer to that one just the usual diversions.

You were clearly proven wrong.No the op said that i think i said ask yourself IF we have the best,anyway you can go back and read it so dont go mis quoting me to avoid answering the question yet again."

Lionel misquoting people? No surely not

liverpool

"Paternity leave

Finland 45 days

UK 14

Sick leave

Holland 104 weeks

UK 28.

Unemployment benefit

You were clearly proven wrong.No the op said that i think i said ask yourself IF we have the best,anyway you can go back and read it so dont go mis quoting me to avoid answering the question yet again."

Exact words..as the uk has a lot higher rates than most EU countries

near ipswich

"Unless you have a full list of every single right and every single country,its impossible to measure.

In terms of annual we rank alongside Germany,the scani countries.

In terms of paternity leave,unemployment benefit etc we are no where near the top.

I'm still waiting for an answer as to why a respected right wing broadsheet,would make a false story about the gmnt "

i have no idea ive not read it dont know who said it and not seen anything to say its gov policy.All ive seen is the usual suspects working themselves into a frenzy about something they have in their heads that COULD happen.Like so many times on here trucks not allowed to drive in the eu,planes not allowed to fly in eu airspace etc etc etc all in peoples heads who cant accept we have left.

Thank goodness the pubs are closed.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"See this is the problem, we’ve become so lackadaisical when it comes to the erosion of our rights due to the mediocre government in charge.

covid i think everyone is having problems with that what would you have done different?"

I think it’s better for you to find out for yourself, instead of me clouding your judgement.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

The likes of Tim Martin certainly believe so.As i was told so many times they could have when in the eu ,the uk has much higher standards on workers rights than most of the eu so why would they as they could have anyway.

You cant have it both ways telling leavers they had these rights to lower standards in debates on here and now tell them because we are out they will. "

I’m sorry, but the UK does not have much higher standards on workers rights than most of the EU! That is complete & utter bollox. Spain, France, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark and Sweden at the very leadt are way stronger in championing workers rights - I had staff in these countries & by a long way the UK was easier to deal with...

near ipswich

covid i think everyone is having problems with that what would you have done different?

I think it’s better for you to find out for yourself, instead of me clouding your judgement.

"

So none then and you you dont know would have done,how would you telling me cloud my judgement ?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Kwasi Kwarteng has said his dept.is reviewing workers right, of course they won't water them down.....

liverpool

"Kwasi Kwarteng has said his dept.is reviewing workers right, of course they won't water them down....."

This should be fun

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Kwasi Kwarteng has said his dept.is reviewing workers right, of course they won't water them down.....

This should be fun"

but that’s what he said they won’t water them down amd if or until they do this is just another moan thread agaiiiiin

"Kwasi Kwarteng has said his dept.is reviewing workers right, of course they won't water them down.....

This should be funbut that’s what he said they won’t water them down amd if or until they do this is just another moan thread agaiiiiin "

I think you're missing the point. People are unhappy that the Tories (notorious for fucking over working class people), now have the option of fucking over working class people.

They might not, but they might.

Poplar

This should be funbut that’s what he said they won’t water them down amd if or until they do this is just another moan thread agaiiiiin

I think you're missing the point. People are unhappy that the Tories (notorious for fucking over working class people), now have the option of fucking over working class people.

"

Interesting, that will be the same working class people who voted in huge numbers to vote the Conservative party into government.

This should be funbut that’s what he said they won’t water them down amd if or until they do this is just another moan thread agaiiiiin

Interesting, that will be the same working class people who voted in huge numbers to vote the Conservative party into government."

The right wing media is all powerful.

Poplar

Interesting, that will be the same working class people who voted in huge numbers to vote the Conservative party into government.

The right wing media is all powerful. "

Yeah ok just keep believing that.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"

im missing no point it’s a mite thread that’s it the guy said they whernt watering them down and ppl are going nuts like yeself just because we are out the eu and they can yr actually moaning over something that asnt happened and may not or don’t you see that are you missing the point

near ipswich

"

You must lay in bed at night wondering what to worry about next that probably wont happen.

im missing no point it’s a mite thread that’s it the guy said they whernt watering them down and ppl are going nuts like yeself just because we are out the eu and they can yr actually moaning over something that asnt happened and may not or don’t you see that are you missing the point "

I don't know what your point is.

But seems a bad idea to maybe reduce our workers rights.

Would it be a good idea to make it legal to punch grannies in the face? Most people probably aren't going to do it anyway.

liverpool

This should be funbut that’s what he said they won’t water them down amd if or until they do this is just another moan thread agaiiiiin "

What exactly do you think.will.happen?

near ipswich

What exactly do you think.will.happen?"

Why not wait and see? things dont just happen thats what we have a parliament for.You and a few others just seem to look for stuff to make you miserable with no justification at all.

What exactly do you think.will.happen?Why not wait and see? things dont just happen thats what we have a parliament for.You and a few others just seem to look for stuff to make you miserable with no justification at all. "

Why is waiting and seeing if workers rights will be reduced better than workers rights not being reduced?

liverpool

What exactly do you think.will.happen?Why not wait and see? things dont just happen thats what we have a parliament for.You and a few others just seem to look for stuff to make you miserable with no justification at all. "

As I recall..you were saying there was no evidence anything was going to happen.

You blindly refused to believe the story in the ft.

Now the actual head of dept has said there will be changes.

What are you going if and when and there are changes?

And I'll ask the question again

What do you think will happen?

Poplar

What exactly do you think.will.happen?Why not wait and see? things dont just happen thats what we have a parliament for.You and a few others just seem to look for stuff to make you miserable with no justification at all.

Why is waiting and seeing if workers rights will be reduced better than workers rights not being reduced?

"

They haven't been reduced though have they!

liverpool

What exactly do you think.will.happen?Why not wait and see? things dont just happen thats what we have a parliament for.You and a few others just seem to look for stuff to make you miserable with no justification at all.

"

It actually borders on cultish behaviour.

A report has said there will be changes.

The head of the dept has said there will be changes.

And it's still not enough.

Utterly breathtaking

Poplar

As I recall..you were saying there was no evidence anything was going to happen.

What do you think will happen?"

He has not said there will be changes. That is you making stuff up AGAIN.!

liverpool

They haven't been reduced though have they!"

When a boss said there will be changes

How many times are they positive exactly?

near ipswich

I have no idea i dont work for the dep of w and p do you?

I haven't seen anything the head of the dept has said can you send me a link?

Poplar

It actually borders on cultish behaviour.

A report has said there will be changes.

The head of the dept has said there will be changes.

And it's still not enough.

Utterly breathtaking "

Whats breathtaking is you keep on making stuff up.

liverpool

He has not said there will be changes. That is you making stuff up AGAIN.!"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/19/business-secretary-confirms-post-brexit-review-uk-workers-rights

Poplar

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/19/business-secretary-confirms-post-brexit-review-uk-workers-rights"

"We are absolutely looking at safeguarding employment rights. I know there’s been stories in the newspapers that there’s going to be some sort of bonfire of rights. This could not be further from the truth.”

What was said in the above link.

North Bucks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/19/business-secretary-confirms-post-brexit-review-uk-workers-rights"

What changes for the worse are mentioned? It’s mentioned several times they won’t make negative ones.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/19/business-secretary-confirms-post-brexit-review-uk-workers-rights

"We are absolutely looking at safeguarding employment rights. I know there’s been stories in the newspapers that there’s going to be some sort of bonfire of rights. This could not be further from the truth.”

What was said in the above link."

Does he say there will be changes?

Yes or no?

near ipswich

They haven't been reduced though have they!

When a boss said there will be changes

How many times are they positive exactly?"

so a boss has said there will be changes? and you automatically think they will be negative to be honest im not surprised i doubt if you have ever had a positive thought in your life going by your posts on here.

Poplar

Yes or no?"

We are absolutely looking at safeguarding employment rights. I know there’s been stories in the newspapers that there’s going to be some sort of bonfire of rights. This could not be further from the truth.”

He said the above.

liverpool

What changes for the worse are mentioned? It’s mentioned several times they won’t make negative ones. "

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Who has recently wrote essays on reduced workers rights

Has announced there will be changes

And you seriously think these will be positive?

near ipswich

i just get a 404 error on that link.

liverpool

Yes or no?

We are absolutely looking at safeguarding employment rights. I know there’s been stories in the newspapers that there’s going to be some sort of bonfire of rights. This could not be further from the truth.”

He said the above."

I'll ask the question once more

Did you say he would make changes,m

Yes or no?

liverpool

"i just get a 404 error on that link. "

Works for me

North Bucks

What changes for the worse are mentioned? It’s mentioned several times they won’t make negative ones.

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

And you seriously think these will be positive?"

I am asking about the article not what you think would happen. It’s surreal that you bring up the article and then won’t discuss it.

Not sure I said anything about positive stop misquoting.

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

I am asking about the article not what you think would happen. It’s surreal that you bring up the article and then won’t discuss it.

Not sure I said anything about positive stop misquoting. "

Do you think politicians tell the truth 100%of the time.?

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Not sure I said anything about positive stop misquoting. "

You said they womt make negative changes

Therefore you.must assume they must be positive ones?

North Bucks

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Do you think politicians tell the truth 100%of the time.?"

This is now surreal we seem to have moved on several leaps in the discussion.

So we not discussing the article then and have moved onto you diverting.

Standard.

North Bucks

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Therefore you.must assume they must be positive ones?"

I don’t assume anything. Here we go again.

There is no mention of negative changes in the article.

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Therefore you.must assume they must be positive ones?

I don’t assume anything. Here we go again.

There is no mention of negative changes in the article.

"

So you believe what he is saying?

near ipswich

You recall wrong then mate i have just gone through all my posts on this thread nothing about not believing the story in the FT infact i said i didnt read it.So please stop lying about things im supposed to have said to fit your narrative.

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

"

No.

I'm asking do you believe what's in the article?

It's not diverting in the slightest

North Bucks

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

It's not diverting in the slightest "

I don’t think you need worry yourself unnecessarily about workers rights. It seems to be a well balanced article coming from the guardian so I would believe it.

What realistically do you think is going to be eroded?

liverpool

What do you think will happen?You recall wrong then mate i have just gone through all my posts on this thread nothing about not believing the story in the FT infact i said i didnt read it.So please stop lying about things im supposed to have said to fit your narrative. "

You have repeatedly said there will be no lowering of workers rights.

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I don’t think you need worry yourself unnecessarily about workers rights. It seems to be a well balanced article coming from the guardian so I would believe it.

What realistically do you think is going to be eroded? "

Another unanswered question

I'll try once more.

Do you believe what he has said,?

Yes or no.

North Bucks

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no."

Yes I believe what’s been said in the article. Shall we have a bet that your rights will not be eroded?

You seem to worry about stuff unecessarily Lionel me old mucker. Its bad for you.

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Yes I believe what’s been said in the article. Shall we have a bet that your rights will not be eroded?

You seem to worry about stuff unecessarily Lionel me old mucker. Its bad for you. "

So you believe workers rights will get better?

Sound

I disagree

So let's see what's happens when the truth is outed.

North Bucks

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

You seem to worry about stuff unecessarily Lionel me old mucker. Its bad for you.

Sound

I disagree

So let's see what's happens when the truth is outed."

I doubt there will be any fundamental changes for the worst or better.

I don’t think people will stand for it. I see a shift towards a whole new way of working post Covid.

What I do see is tax tax tax and more tax. That’s where the changes will be.

near ipswich

What do you think will happen?You recall wrong then mate i have just gone through all my posts on this thread nothing about not believing the story in the FT infact i said i didnt read it.So please stop lying about things im supposed to have said to fit your narrative.

You have repeatedly said there will be no lowering of workers rights."

I have said that yes as thats what i believe they do want to get elected again, i never blindly refused to believe the story in the FT you were lying when you posted that.

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Sound

I disagree

I don’t think people will stand for it. I see a shift towards a whole new way of working post Covid.

"

He has said there will be changes in his dept

Though I'm not sure how that works as its tue civil service so its country wide.

He says they wont be negative so logic dictates they will be positive?

Tax is nothing to do with working conditions.

I know for a fact they are on a collision course with the union.

North Bucks

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Sound

I disagree

Though I'm not sure how that works as its tue civil service so its country wide.

I know for a fact they are on a collision course with the union."

I’m well aware tax is not related to working conditions. I don’t see too many fundamental changes at once you see it’s bad for the electorate to stomach.

So I don’t think they will strip workers conditions as well as claw back money. Which let’s face it is the Tory way.

What are these facts that they are collision course with the unions?

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Sound

I disagree

I’m well aware tax is not related to working conditions. I don’t see too many fundamental changes at once you see it’s bad for the electorate to stomach.

So I don’t think they will strip workers conditions as well as claw back money. Which let’s face it is the Tory way.

What are these facts that they are collision course with the unions? "

They have collected signatories and started some low level action in respect of the pay freeze.

As soon as covid is over they will be balloting for strikes.

If rights are eroded..this certainly wont ease the waters.

Look at what's happened with civil servants heads and Patel and Cummings opinoms.

I suspect there is a collision on the way.

North Bucks

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Sound

I disagree

They have collected signatories and started some low level action in respect of the pay freeze.

Look at what's happened with civil servants heads and Patel and Cummings opinoms.

I suspect there is a collision on the way."

Interesting times we are heading in.

What union/area of work is this?

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Sound

I disagree

"

Civil service

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Sound

I disagree

Civil service "

Are they still working? My lad's been waiting for a passport since March

liverpool

This borders on surreal

A tory minister

Post Brexit

Standard.

No.

I'll try once more.

Yes or no.

Sound

I disagree

Civil service

Are they still working? My lad's been waiting for a passport since March "

I think the passport office had a Skeleton staff in as no one was supposed to be flying...think the rest got moved to a different dept

They haven't been reduced though have they!"

No one is saying they have been.

By *untwolancashireCouple  over a year ago

Preston/Lancaster

My union rep got everyone a wage increase the same as the minimum wage increase because it was fair & kept the £1 differential between skill sets that has existed since the start of minimum wage. He the went up & negotiated his own pay increase. Just my experience x

Grantham

The Goverment have confirmed that there will be no erosion of workers rights.

"The Goverment have confirmed that there will be no erosion of workers rights.

"

A government notorious for lying, lead by a PM notorious for lying, says everything will be fine.

Sorted.

A government notorious for lying, lead by a PM notorious for lying, says everything will be fine.

Sorted."

The planned review has been scrapped

Grantham

Sorted."

Since the Business Secretary, Kwarsi Kwarteng, made the statement in the HoC today, then its going to be pretty hard to get away with lying!

liverpool

Sorted."

Cynic

He has never once gone back on his wword.Its gospel...just ask the fishermen...or the people of cienwall. Or the people who believed the bus

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/27/review-of-uk-workers-rights-post-brexit-is-axed-in-sudden-u-turn

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/27/review-of-uk-workers-rights-post-brexit-is-axed-in-sudden-u-turn"

Oh shit, it's in the Guardian.

Must be true

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/27/review-of-uk-workers-rights-post-brexit-is-axed-in-sudden-u-turn

Must be true "

The article just tells you what Kwasi Kwarteng said in an ITV interview.

liverpool

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/27/review-of-uk-workers-rights-post-brexit-is-axed-in-sudden-u-turn

Must be true

The article just tells you what Kwasi Kwarteng said in an ITV interview.

"

We arent going to change workers rights.

Actually we are going to change workers rights.

Thinking about it,we arent.

Strong and stable

North Bucks

All that whining for nothing.

"All that whining for nothing. "

In fairness. Reducing workers rights is one of the main reasons for brexit.

Tim Martin didn't put his weight behind the leave campaign because he wanted to damage the fishing industry!