FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Vaccine. Countries. Internal Politics . . .

Vaccine. Countries. Internal Politics . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

This is 10 days old but a good round-up.

All is not smelling of roses in many European countries. By comparison the UK is doing quite well.

BTW this is NOT me talking about the EU - I am talking about problems in other European countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55575756

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I'm not sure having arguably one of the worst death rates in the world constitutes as quite well.

The vaccine roll out is going well..time will tell if the 12 week gap is effective or not.

When it's all over some serious questions have to be asked and he cant bluster his way out if it.

Though I suspect Hancock will be hung out to dry.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

of course there will scrutiny after its over thats how you learn for the future.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s seems everyone is getting something wrong. Apart from NZ Israel and some Asian countries and even then people will pick something apart.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I'm not sure having arguably one of the worst death rates in the world constitutes as quite well.

The vaccine roll out is going well..time will tell if the 12 week gap is effective or not.

When it's all over some serious questions have to be asked and he cant bluster his way out if it.

"

exactly that Lionel arguably one of the worst not every country are counting any deaths who have had covid in last 28 days tho

liverpool

"I'm not sure having arguably one of the worst death rates in the world constitutes as quite well.

exactly that Lionel arguably one of the worst not every country are counting any deaths who have had covid in last 28 days tho "

One of the worst in the world is nothing to be proud about.

Nearly 105,000 dead.

North Bucks

We absolutely need to critically think why the death rate was so bad.

What factors politically,socially and formulaically were at fault.

near ipswich

exactly that Lionel arguably one of the worst not every country are counting any deaths who have had covid in last 28 days tho

Nearly 105,000 dead."

Who,s proud of it? you keep going on about it so i will ask again why do you think that is?

liverpool

Nearly 105,000 dead.Who,s proud of it? you keep going on about it so i will ask again why do you think that is?"

I apologise for going on about having one of the worst death rates in the world

Why?

We didn't take it serous at the begging

The care home catastrophe

Because we acted slow.

We often ignore scientific advice or at least act too late

We lack decisiveness

Poor leadership

Half arsed lockdown

People breaking rules

Not a great cocktail.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yet again another thread has been hijacked I see.

Why can't we just stick to the subject?

The article isn't about the amount of deaths or death rate but about vaccine rollout.

liverpool

Apparently the vaccine is nothing to do with people catching covid.

Who would have thought it?

"Apparently the vaccine is nothing to do with people catching covid.

Who would have thought it?"

The thread is regarding the article.

This is your usual tact. Regardless of what the thread is about you'll come in and tell people the governement are shit, the daily mail is full of lies, the death toll is too high and Brexit is the end of the world.

Either stick to the topic or go create threads pertaining to whatever it is you wanna speak about.

Just out of curiosity, how many people have died of the flu this winter? Anyone know?

liverpool

"Just out of curiosity, how many people have died of the flu this winter? Anyone know? "

Dunno?

My guess is lower than normal.. why?

Now that the UK is going it alone - why are you comparing the vaccine rollout to other countries?

Keeping to your thread - you don't want to look at any other stats yet you want to compare the rollout.

"Just out of curiosity, how many people have died of the flu this winter? Anyone know?

Dunno?

My guess is lower than normal.. why?"

What, and they put it down as covid you mean?

"Now that the UK is going it alone - why are you comparing the vaccine rollout to other countries?

Keeping to your thread - you don't want to look at any other stats yet you want to compare the rollout."

I haven't compared anything but don't you think threads should be kept to the topic?

If we wanna speak about other stats then we can create threads regarding those stats

liverpool

"Just out of curiosity, how many people have died of the flu this winter? Anyone know?

Dunno?

What, and they put it down as covid you mean? "

No

Possibly with social distancing, masks etc flu rates would have gone I thought

"Now that the UK is going it alone - why are you comparing the vaccine rollout to other countries?

Keeping to your thread - you don't want to look at any other stats yet you want to compare the rollout."

Exactly

Dunno?

What, and they put it down as covid you mean?

No

Possibly with social distancing, masks etc flu rates would have gone I thought "

liverpool

They dont want to look at the death rate for obvious reasons

They can use the vaccine as a tool to beat the eu.

But obvs not mentioning the likes of isarel.

Win.win.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I just want to see the vaccine delivered as quickly as possible so the other statistic doesn't get any worse than where it is at the moment.

Ultimately the success of one affects the sadness of the other

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Keeping to your thread - you don't want to look at any other stats yet you want to compare the rollout.

Win.win."

Death rate comparisons are only valid, if everyone uses the same way of recording those figures.

Vaccination comparisons are easier, as its a simple way of counting. Needle in arm equals one vaccination.

"

Perhaps if you read the word VACCINES in my post you will stick to the subject.

Win.win."

I haven't at any point said I wouldn't look at other data. I said create a thread for it so we can keep threads on point.

If you want to mention Israel then by all means do, providing it's on topic.

Because it's my post and I can compare what the hell I like.

Because it's my post and I can compare what the hell I like."

Haha, it isn’t ‘your post’ anyone can comment

Haha, it isn’t ‘your post’ anyone can comment "

Red again. What you just wrote has nothing to do with anything anyone else said.

Haha, it isn’t ‘your post’ anyone can comment

Red again. What you just wrote has nothing to do with anything anyone else said."

Red again?

Please stick to the OP. If you want to go off-topic please do that in your own post.

Meanwhile:

Vaccine. Countries. Internal Politics . . .

Anti-Vaxxer? "I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this to you"

This is 10 days old but a good round-up.

All is not smelling of roses in many European countries. By comparison the UK is doing quite well.

BTW this is NOT me talking about the EU - I am talking about problems in other European countries.

thornaby

"Just out of curiosity, how many people have died of the flu this winter? Anyone know? "
probsbly no one cancer deaths down dementia alzimers flu and god knows what else almost every death now is put down to covid in a few yrs time the true number will be put

liverpool

Because it's my post and I can compare what the hell I like."

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The biggest problem is supply at present and that applies to almost every country. Yes there's a lot of countries with teething problems in regards of their vaccination roll out but insufficient supply is eventually the key issue. UK tries to overcome the supply problem with the 12weeks gap, it has yet to be seen if that gamble pays off. Those comparisons are bit too premature imo but if it makes you feel better the UK gets the badge of no 1 in Europe.... so far.

liverpool

Apparently the gap in the 2 jabs in isreal is about 2 weeks and the infection rate is tiny.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

a statistics guy on radio said the deaths are tricky to record, example, there was a low number of flu deaths, meaning plenty of easy targets for covid to take out. It sounds awful but those near the edge get picked off by whatever is around... the guy was saying we wont clearly see how many deaths covid is truly responsible for, for a few years. when you can take the averages either side and compare the spike.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

How many countries do you think have been honest about the death figures then ?

thornaby

"How many countries do you think have been honest about the death figures then ?"
just ours

liverpool

"How many countries do you think have been honest about the death figures then ?just ours "

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

They're all honest, just different ways of measurement.

Truly gobsmacking the EU is trying to impose conditions on a company that produces a vaccine they have not even approved yet. How the hell do they think they will do that when they may not even approve or use that version of the vaccine, just makes the Eurocrats look stupid, so nothing new.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"They're all honest, just different ways of measurement.

Truly gobsmacking the EU is trying to impose conditions on a company that produces a vaccine they have not even approved yet. How the hell do they think they will do that when they may not even approve or use that version of the vaccine, just makes the Eurocrats look stupid, so nothing new.

"

when i heard that they hadnt approved the vaccine, hadnt ordered said vaccine in numbers, that hungary has ordered theirs from russia, that germany has done a private side deal on top of eu allocation .... it all started to sound like a massive smoke screen... which to be fair, if you only hear one side, works!

Bristol

"How many countries do you think have been honest about the death figures then ?just ours "

More than likely

Bristol

when i heard that they hadnt approved the vaccine, hadnt ordered said vaccine in numbers, that hungary has ordered theirs from russia, that germany has done a private side deal on top of eu allocation .... it all started to sound like a massive smoke screen... which to be fair, if you only hear one side, works! "

It the part of the company this is now within the EU it seems the U.K. branch is not having supply problems.

But I suppose the EU will see it as a conspiracy

Grantham

when i heard that they hadnt approved the vaccine, hadnt ordered said vaccine in numbers, that hungary has ordered theirs from russia, that germany has done a private side deal on top of eu allocation .... it all started to sound like a massive smoke screen... which to be fair, if you only hear one side, works!

It the part of the company this is now within the EU it seems the U.K. branch is not having supply problems.

But I suppose the EU will see it as a conspiracy "

The AstraZeneca vaccine is produced in Europe by pharma company Novasep, in their Belgian facility south of Brussels.

I believe that their first production batch had to be destroyed, due to not meeting the right standard.

Bristol

The AstraZeneca vaccine is produced in Europe by pharma company Novasep, in their Belgian facility south of Brussels.

I believe that their first production batch had to be destroyed, due to not meeting the right standard.

"

If that is so then surely the EU must be aware of this

Grantham

If that is so then surely the EU must be aware of this "

They are. Whilst AZ is an Anglo-Swedish company, its headquartered in London, and thats the direction of EU anger is pointing.

Bristol

If that is so then surely the EU must be aware of this

They are. Whilst AZ is an Anglo-Swedish company, its headquartered in London, and thats the direction of EU anger is pointing. "

So this is just the EU grandstanding over something that is beyond the company’s control then ?

Because they would not have been happy with substandard product

"This is 10 days old but a good round-up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55575756"

Amazing how some people are suddenly fascinated by European countries here. Since when do the brexiters give a toss about internal German or Spanish politics? Better late than never. This topic is probably a coincidence.

Anyway, let’s stick to they topic. You have to laugh when the OP is telling us that this country is in a good place compared to its neighbours.

It’s not as if we had the highest number of deaths in Europe. Maybe the OP thinks Germany has.

It’s not as if this country was so divided between remainers vs brexiters to the point that any issue is seen through the remainers/ leavers prism, with 48% hating the guts of the other half. Nono, OP, the Greeks are not tearing each other apart line this.

It’s not as if we had Scotland had majority of people who would vote to leave the UK and break the Union if there was a referendum now. Maybe the OP thinks that Sicily wants to leave Italy.

It’s not as UNICEF had to feed some of our children. The OP probably thinks that they also feed Portuguese kids. I’m afraid not.

It’s not as we had the biggest gap between the richest and the poorest. Not it’s not Belgium.

It’s not as if we were isolated with foes such as China, Russia, an unpredictable country like the US and our new found enemy that we have threatened with our navy. The French haven’t done this.

It’s as if our citizens found themselves had to pay unexpected custom or VAT charges when buying things from a neighbouring country. No, OP, the Poles don’t have the same surprise when buying Swedish stuff.

It’s not as we had a right wing movement trying to kill the media that doesn’t float its boat like Channel or the BBC. No, OP, the Spanish television broadcaster is not constantly attacked by the cheerleaders of its gvt.

It’s not as if we had to rely on a professional footballer to remind our PM that some kids are staring in this country during the hols. No, OP, I’m not aware of Austrian football players having to do this.

It’s not if we had the lowest statutory sock pay in Europe to the point that people can’t afford to isolate. No, OP, there’s no such problem in Luxembourg.

It’s not as if we had become so insecure that we had to wank because the US president phoned our Bojo first. No, OP, I don’t think the other countries give a toss about whether he rand them first, second, third or fourth. It tells everything you need about how strong we feel about ourselves!

Buy hey, what do you expect from the cheerleaders of a self-proclaimed world beating country! I’m going to self-proclaim the best poster of the universe. It’ll probably mean it’s true!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55575756"

Amazing how some people are suddenly fascinated by European countries here. Since when do the brexiters give a toss about internal German or Spanish politics? Better late than never. This topic is probably a coincidence.

Anyway, let’s stick to they topic. You have to laugh when the OP is telling us that this country is in a good place compared to its neighbours.

It’s not as if we had the highest number of deaths in Europe. Maybe the OP thinks Germany has.

It’s not as if this country was so divided between remainers vs brexiters to the point that any issue is seen through the remainers/ leavers prism, with 48% hating the guts of the other half. Nono, OP, the Greeks are not tearing each other apart line this.

It’s not as if we had Scotland had a majority of people who would vote to leave the UK and break the Union if there was a referendum now. Maybe the OP thinks that Sicily wants to leave Italy.

It’s not as if UNICEF had to feed some of our children. The OP probably thinks that they also feed Portuguese kids. I’m afraid not.

It’s not as if we had the biggest gap between the richest and the poorest. Not it’s not Belgium.

It’s not as if we were isolated with foes such as China, Russia, an unpredictable country like the US and our new found enemy, France and the EU that we have threatened with our navy. The French haven’t done this.

It’s as if our citizens found themselves having to pay unexpected custom or VAT charges when buying things from a neighbouring country. No, OP, the Poles don’t have the same surprise when buying Swedish stuff.

It’s not as if we had a right wing movement trying to kill the media that doesn’t float its boat like Channel 4 news or the BBC. No, OP, the Spanish television broadcaster is not constantly attacked by the cheerleaders of its gvt.

It’s not as if we had to rely on a professional footballer to remind our PM that some kids are staring in this country during the hols. No, OP, I’m not aware of Austrian football players having to do this.

It’s not as if we had the lowest statutory sock pay in Europe to the point that people can’t afford to isolate. No, OP, there’s no such problem in Luxembourg.

It’s not as if we had become so insecure that we had to wank because the US president phoned our Bojo first. No, OP, I don’t think the other countries give a toss about whether he rand them first, second, third or fourth. It tells everything you need about how strong we feel about ourselves!

Buy hey, what do you expect from the cheerleaders of a self-proclaimed world beating country! I’m going to self-proclaim the best poster of the univ

Sorry for posting twice. Too late to delete the first one that had a few typos.

liverpool

It’s not as if we had Scotland had a majority of people who would vote to leave the UK and break the Union if there was a referendum now. Maybe the OP thinks that Sicily wants to leave Italy.

It’s not as if UNICEF had to feed some of our children. The OP probably thinks that they also feed Portuguese kids. I’m afraid not.

It’s not as if we had the biggest gap between the richest and the poorest. Not it’s not Belgium.

It’s not as if we were isolated with foes such as China, Russia, an unpredictable country like the US and our new found enemy, France and the EU that we have threatened with our navy. The French haven’t done this.

It’s as if our citizens found themselves having to pay unexpected custom or VAT charges when buying things from a neighbouring country. No, OP, the Poles don’t have the same surprise when buying Swedish stuff.

It’s not as if we had a right wing movement trying to kill the media that doesn’t float its boat like Channel 4 news or the BBC. No, OP, the Spanish television broadcaster is not constantly attacked by the cheerleaders of its gvt.

It’s not as if we had the lowest statutory sock pay in Europe to the point that people can’t afford to isolate. No, OP, there’s no such problem in Luxembourg.

Buy hey, what do you expect from the cheerleaders of a self-proclaimed world beating country! I’m going to self-proclaim the best poster of the univ"

Said in another thread.

It suits them to compare us to other countries when it puts us in a good light.

The pace of the rollout has been a success but that's not good enough.Boris stated we have vaccinated more than all of Europe combined so suddenly its a competition.

Yet in terms of the death rate, apparently it doesnt make sense to compare us to other countries.(demographics etc)

Funnily enough we did every day until we began to overtake everyone.

Then it was quietly dropped.

Personally I think we just need to see how this vaccine roll out 1st..and hope this 12 week gap doesn't cause any problems.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"of course there will scrutiny after its over thats how you learn for the future."

That would be the scrutiny of lockdown #1 to learn how to do better for lockdown #2, #3, #4, #5? Or does "after its over" only start when there's nobody left to take any responsibility, when they've all moved on to lucrative board memberships, big pension payouts, or simply gone to live on sunny islands with all the money they've embezzeled from the tax payers?

You know when the best time is for scrutiny? Today. Every day. Every single day learning from yesterday, last week, last month, last year.

Grantham

Buy hey, what do you expect from the cheerleaders of a self-proclaimed world beating country! I’m going to self-proclaim the best poster of the univ

Said in another thread.

It suits them to compare us to other countries when it puts us in a good light.

The pace of the rollout has been a success but that's not good enough.Boris stated we have vaccinated more than all of Europe combined so suddenly its a competition.

Yet in terms of the death rate, apparently it doesnt make sense to compare us to other countries.(demographics etc)

Funnily enough we did every day until we began to overtake everyone.

Then it was quietly dropped.

Personally I think we just need to see how this vaccine roll out 1st..and hope this 12 week gap doesn't cause any problems. "

The UK media demanded the vaccination figures, asking for regular press briefings.

I believe these figures are to be broken down even further very soon. (region, age, ethnicity etc)

Grantham

"

Further to this post, a Dutch pharma is also producing the AZ vaccine. This is Halix, based in Leiden.

The CEO of AZ has reiterated that the EU bound vaccines are not going elsewhere, and points to the fact that the UK placed orders 3 months before the EU.

near ipswich

Further to this post, a Dutch pharma is also producing the AZ vaccine. This is Halix, based in Leiden.

The CEO of AZ has reiterated that the EU bound vaccines are not going elsewhere, and points to the fact that the UK placed orders 3 months before the EU. "

Exactly this he also pointed out that all vaccines are the same price whomever they sell to.He also said that he was confident his contract with the eu would stand up in court as it was worded as in principle as they had signed a contract with the uk 3 months earlier and could not guarantee the eu,s numbers due to that commitment.

here

The CEO of AZ has reiterated that the EU bound vaccines are not going elsewhere, and points to the fact that the UK placed orders 3 months before the EU. Exactly this he also pointed out that all vaccines are the same price whomever they sell to.He also said that he was confident his contract with the eu would stand up in court as it was worded as in principle as they had signed a contract with the uk 3 months earlier and could not guarantee the eu,s numbers due to that commitment. "

The full interview with Pascal Soirot is quite revealing on a number of points.

Buy hey, what do you expect from the cheerleaders of a self-proclaimed world beating country! I’m going to self-proclaim the best poster of the univ"

Yet another gasket blowing conspiracist .

Yet another gasket blowing conspiracist . "

You’ll have to tell me where I mention a conspiracy? Have you had your breakfast yet? It helps and makes it easier to understand posts.

You tell us that the U.K. is in a better place than the other countries. I’ve given you a list of crappy things we are dealing with here. Where the hell did I mention a conspiracy? Are you in dreamland?

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 13:29:25]

What a shame to create such an altruistic thread about our neighbours and not to answer the people who rebuke your arguments. What’s the point?

By the way if we are doing so much better than our European neighbours, why has nobody else broken away yet? No sign of a referendum, no sign of revolt against Brussels, what’s going on?

near ipswich

Yet another rises from the ashes like a phoenix.

thornaby

"Yet another rises from the ashes like a phoenix. "
is he who I think he is Costa lol

near ipswich

probably

thornaby

"probably "
aw ffs lol

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

What ever happened to Mr Right?

here

"probably "

"What ever happened to Mr Right?"

Can't find him anywhere!?!

We seek him here, we seek him there . ..

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

"What ever happened to Mr Right?

We seek him here, we seek him there . .."

He's seen the light and will return as wrong!

near ipswich

We seek him here, we seek him there . .."

he has been back since then under yet another name but that soon disappeared too.You dont have to look to hard.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

We seek him here, we seek him there . ..he has been back since then under yet another name but that soon disappeared too.You dont have to look to hard. "

You don't. But he's still wrong!

near ipswich

We seek him here, we seek him there . ..he has been back since then under yet another name but that soon disappeared too.You dont have to look to hard.

You don't. But he's still wrong! "

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Someone mention the French Navy, ohh, that member of NATO that was a member but did not contribute its forces for years, Germany, whose troops only recently now operate outside their border.

I lost all faith in that crap EU organisation when they introduced the legislation to ban 2 stroke engines. It would stop polluting bikes in cities, what they forgot was that most chainsaws used the 2 stroke engine. Two months before it was due to become law they dropped it as they would not be able to cut firewood.

An organisation that still to this day allows France to vet all imports, a French company cannot buy cheaper outside France if the part can be made with subsidies in France, that includes buying from other EU member states.

EU is a great idea, but badly organised, hardly a union with 27 different governments with their own agenda's.

near ipswich

"Someone mention the French Navy, ohh, that member of NATO that was a member but did not contribute its forces for years, Germany, whose troops only recently now operate outside their border.

I lost all faith in that crap EU organisation when they introduced the legislation to ban 2 stroke engines. It would stop polluting bikes in cities, what they forgot was that most chainsaws used the 2 stroke engine. Two months before it was due to become law they dropped it as they would not be able to cut firewood.

An organisation that still to this day allows France to vet all imports, a French company cannot buy cheaper outside France if the part can be made with subsidies in France, that includes buying from other EU member states.

EU is a great idea, but badly organised, hardly a union with 27 different governments with their own agenda's. "

Totally agree they dont seem to think things through ,they have now lost a 5 year legal battle with dyson over energy labelling on vacuum cleaners which could cost the 200 million euros.

near ipswich

Correction i should have said they won the case in 2018 and are now seeking 200 million compensation in court.

Before everyone jumps on my back.

"Someone mention the French Navy, ohh, that member of NATO that was a member but did not contribute its forces for years, Germany, whose troops only recently now operate outside their border.

EU is a great idea, but badly organised, hardly a union with 27 different governments with their own agenda's. Totally agree they dont seem to think things through ,they have now lost a 5 year legal battle with dyson over energy labelling on vacuum cleaners which could cost the 200 million euros. "

I can’t help myself laughing when I see the mess our country is in how arrogant and patronising some people are. It’s not as if our country had messed everything up, hasn’t managed to procure enough PPE, has not been able to close its borders in time etc... Good job the tories are their own!

Fascinating how some people are very perceptive when looking across the channel to spot other countries’ mistakes but are completely incapable of seeing the shitshow served by our own world champions. Lol. You couldn’t make it up.

Because the EU have messed up the vaccination thing, some people here feel they can draw conclusions out of one or two stories. Just for the record, can anybody tell me how many u turns our world beating rock stars have achieved in the past ten months? No doubt it is a sign of a well oiled and performant machine.

The EU mess up everything, thank f_ck we're out

liverpool

EU is a great idea, but badly organised, hardly a union with 27 different governments with their own agenda's. Totally agree they dont seem to think things through ,they have now lost a 5 year legal battle with dyson over energy labelling on vacuum cleaners which could cost the 200 million euros.

I can’t help myself laughing when I see the mess our country is in how arrogant and patronising some people are. It’s not as if our country had messed everything up, hasn’t managed to procure enough PPE, has not been able to close its borders in time etc... Good job the tories are their own!

Fascinating how some people are very perceptive when looking across the channel to spot other countries’ mistakes but are completely incapable of seeing the shitshow served by our own world champions. Lol. You couldn’t make it up.

Because the EU have messed up the vaccination thing, some people here feel they can draw conclusions out of one or two stories. Just for the record, can anybody tell me how many u turns our world beating rock stars have achieved in the past ten months? No doubt it is a sign of a well oiled and performant machine. "

You would think having one of the worst death rates in the world would make us a little more humble?

EU is a great idea, but badly organised, hardly a union with 27 different governments with their own agenda's. "

I don’t know how much the French have used their Navy planes etc.. but it might also be because they don’t automatically say ‘how high’ when the US ask them to jump. They don’t automatically copulate with the Americans like us. I seem to remember that they told the Americans to get lost in Iraq when we went into poodle mode.

EU is a great idea, but badly organised, hardly a union with 27 different governments with their own agenda's. Totally agree they dont seem to think things through ,they have now lost a 5 year legal battle with dyson over energy labelling on vacuum cleaners which could cost the 200 million euros.

Because the EU have messed up the vaccination thing, some people here feel they can draw conclusions out of one or two stories. Just for the record, can anybody tell me how many u turns our world beating rock stars have achieved in the past ten months? No doubt it is a sign of a well oiled and performant machine.

You would think having one of the worst death rates in the world would make us a little more humble?"

Hang on sir! Our 100 000 deaths have been perfectly well organised and magnificently arranged. It was smooth, plain sailing and the funerals were superbly planned. World beating...

liverpool

You would think having one of the worst death rates in the world would make us a little more humble?

Hang on sir! Our 100 000 deaths have been perfectly well organised and magnificently arranged. It was smooth, plain sailing and the funerals were superbly planned. World beating... "

Its truly incredible.

Finger pointing at Europe while we exceed over 100,000 deaths

I think Irony is truly lost in them.

North Bucks

Hang on sir! Our 100 000 deaths have been perfectly well organised and magnificently arranged. It was smooth, plain sailing and the funerals were superbly planned. World beating...

Its truly incredible.

I think Irony is truly lost in them."

So because we have that dreadful figure we can’t discuss anything else?

Its truly incredible.

"

Not sure that’s the idea but before giving other countries lessons, a bit of humility and housekeeping might be a good idea. ‘Do as I say but don’t as I do’ comes to mind. 100 000 deaths on an island should be pretty sobering. Not for everybody apparently.

North Bucks

Its truly incredible.

Not sure that’s the idea but before giving other countries lessons, a bit of humility and housekeeping might be a good idea. ‘Do as I say but don’t as I do’ comes to mind. 100 000 deaths on an island should be pretty sobering. Not for everybody apparently. "

It is sobering and it’s known. I am not saying it’s you as you appear relatively new to the forums. But I think certain people use that number to deflect and derail threads when they are not to their liking. Which is utterly shameful.

liverpool

Its truly incredible.

"

Discuss all you like

But if you cant see the irony in pointin out the incompetence of other countries ,whilst ignoring that...

liverpool

Quoting the death figure whilst discussing the pandemic is diverting now

North Bucks

Its truly incredible.

Discuss all you like

But if you cant see the irony in pointin out the incompetence of other countries ,whilst ignoring that..."

Perhaps you should ask the Fab admin for them to add a forum sticky for you with a list of the things you like caveated.

Let’s face it there would be a lot.

liverpool

Its truly incredible.

Discuss all you like

But if you cant see the irony in pointin out the incompetence of other countries ,whilst ignoring that...

Perhaps you should ask the Fab admin for them to add a forum sticky for you with a list of the things you like caveated.

Let’s face it there would be a lot.

"

Good idea

liverpool

Its truly incredible.

Not sure that’s the idea but before giving other countries lessons, a bit of humility and housekeeping might be a good idea. ‘Do as I say but don’t as I do’ comes to mind. 100 000 deaths on an island should be pretty sobering. Not for everybody apparently. "

There is a huge degree of schadenfreude over the whole thing

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 22:03:05]

Its truly incredible.

Not sure that’s the idea but before giving other countries lessons, a bit of humility and housekeeping might be a good idea. ‘Do as I say but don’t as I do’ comes to mind. 100 000 deaths on an island should be pretty sobering. Not for everybody apparently.

There is a huge degree of schadenfreude over the whole thing "

This desire to see the EU implodes or struggle in anyway is quite pathetic. Anything to justify their project unicorns. So much insecurity in these people.

I 5hink the most laughable one was a week ago when somebody almost had an orgasm here because Biden had phone bojo first. I mean, you have to be desperate but every little helps I guess.

liverpool

Its truly incredible.

This desire to see the EU implodes or struggle in anyway is quite pathetic. Anything to justify their project unicorns. So much insecurity in these people.

I 5hink the most laughable one was a week ago when somebody almost had an orgasm here because Biden had phone bojo first. I mean, you have to be desperate but every little helps I guess."

The thing I dont get is they got their way...sunny uplands etc

Brexit is done and dusted yet they are obsessed with it and are hoping it's going to implode when it's looking more likely the union will.

Let them get on with it,if it keeps them happy.

Its truly incredible.

I 5hink the most laughable one was a week ago when somebody almost had an orgasm here because Biden had phone bojo first. I mean, you have to be desperate but every little helps I guess.

Brexit is done and dusted yet they are obsessed with it and are hoping it's going to implode when it's looking more likely the union will.

Let them get on with it,if it keeps them happy."

I may be wrong but I think the union is only getting stronger. Even Le Pen in France doesn’t want frexit apparently and according to the polls I have read her and there the EU has become much more popular since our referendum.

liverpool

Its truly incredible.

I may be wrong but I think the union is only getting stronger. Even Le Pen in France doesn’t want frexit apparently and according to the polls I have read her and there the EU has become much more popular since our referendum.

"

Time will tell..it will either make them stronger or weaken it.I know several countries are keen on joining it

My guess is they will keep an eye on us and see how we fare.

thornaby

Its truly incredible.

Time will tell..it will either make them stronger or weaken it.I know several countries are keen on joining it

My guess is they will keep an eye on us and see how we fare."

without the U.K. it will be weaker but time will tell if it gets stronger like bet it it will take time it’s all new this ya know lol

I think that with the rise of China and other countries being more and more competitive European people will probably see safety in numbers and I would agree with that sentiment. There is no doubt that facing this more and more uncertain world within a group of 27 countries seems to make more sense than being on its own even if the loony on the other side of the pond has gone.

thornaby

"I think that with the rise of China and other countries being more and more competitive European people will probably see safety in numbers and I would agree with that sentiment. There is no doubt that facing this more and more uncertain world within a group of 27 countries seems to make more sense than being on its own even if the loony on the other side of the pond has gone. "
nice very patriotic of ya buddy bet yr a blast down ya local

» Add a new message to this topic