FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Life will be very hard post Brexit

Life will be very hard post Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

....for our European friends, with a third of their budget gone and Brussels infighting.

What can we do to help them? Particularly their unemployed youngsters? Positive suggestions please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I'll donate them my golden unicorn

And they can have some magic beans from boris

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why help let's get are own youth and jobless up and working before we worry about other countries.

"....for our European friends, with a third of their budget gone and Brussels infighting.

What can we do to help them? Particularly their unemployed youngsters? Positive suggestions please "

I’ll play it gently because some people are getting all emotional. Before you help the Germans, the Greeks etc... you may want to look at our own fishermen who don’t seem to be too happy. When you’ve finished, you may want to help the British businesses who deal with the EU and who are told to set shop on the continent.

westerham

"....for our European friends, with a third of their budget gone and Brussels infighting.

What can we do to help them? Particularly their unemployed youngsters? Positive suggestions please

I’ll play it gently because some people are getting all emotional. Before you help the Germans, the Greeks etc... you may want to look at our own fishermen who don’t seem to be too happy. When you’ve finished, you may want to help the British businesses who deal with the EU and who are told to set shop on the continent. "

We are bouncing back, including the fisherman, now we are free of the Brussels yoke.

But I’m worried about our European friends future, just looks like turmoil, riots etc. at the moment.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I’ll play it gently because some people are getting all emotional. Before you help the Germans, the Greeks etc... you may want to look at our own fishermen who don’t seem to be too happy. When you’ve finished, you may want to help the British businesses who deal with the EU and who are told to set shop on the continent.

We are bouncing back, including the fisherman, now we are free of the Brussels yoke.

But I’m worried about our European friends future, just looks like turmoil, riots etc. at the moment."

27 Trade Deals signed. Including the continuance of the EU trade deal that we had before.

And many more at various stages of negotiation.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 13:40:12]

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 13:45:59]

But I’m worried about our European friends future, just looks like turmoil, riots etc. at the moment."

There are a few dinghies ashore in Dover. If you want to offer them your help it’s time to put your money where your generous heart is.

"

There are a few dinghies ashore in Dover. If you want to offer them your help it’s time to put your money where your generous heart is.

"

More nonsense sarcasm.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/21 13:44:50]

"

More nonsense sarcasm."

Funny how you didn’t spot that the topic itself is sarcastic. As if the op was generally interested in helping whoever. Maybe you should address his sarcasm.

westerham

"

More nonsense sarcasm.

Funny how you didn’t spot that the topic itself is sarcastic. As if the op was generally interested in helping whoever. Maybe you should address his sarcasm. "

Not at all, you don’t want to see it, but we can see that in Europe a crisis is brewing. I have no interest in seeing Brussels collapse if we can help, including with military support to stop rioting, we should.

"

More nonsense sarcasm.

Funny how you didn’t spot that the topic itself is sarcastic. As if the op was generally interested in helping whoever. Maybe you should address his sarcasm.

Not at all, you don’t want to see it, but we can see that in Europe a crisis is brewing. I have no interest in seeing Brussels collapse if we can help, including with military support to stop rioting, we should."

Don’t feed...

Another thread?

What happened to the partying over the value of the pound against the Euro?

"Another thread?

What happened to the partying over the value of the pound against the Euro?"

The lack of resilience in today’s society saddens me. When stuck, create another topic.

westerham

"Another thread?

What happened to the partying over the value of the pound against the Euro?"

Two too many tough questions for remoaners today?

"Another thread?

Two too many tough questions for remoaners today? "

I'm unaware of any questions you've asked.

Do you realise that every single time you use a slur to describe people with different views to yours, the legitimacy of your points are diminished?

Or is that your point, are you just here to troll?

westerham

"Another thread?

Do you realise that every single time you use a slur to describe people with different views to yours, the legitimacy of your points are diminished?

Or is that your point, are you just here to troll?"

I look forward to you turning over a new leaf and condemning every remainer who posts some variant spelling of Brexiter.

In the meantime, what hope can you offer the young people of Europe?

liverpool

"

More nonsense sarcasm.

Not at all, you don’t want to see it, but we can see that in Europe a crisis is brewing. I have no interest in seeing Brussels collapse if we can help, including with military support to stop rioting, we should."

"Another thread?

Or is that your point, are you just here to troll?

I look forward to you turning over a new leaf and condemning every remainer who posts some variant spelling of Brexiter.

In the meantime, what hope can you offer the young people of Europe?"

Why? Surely I can address people who made slurs towards me without trawling through every thread on fab looking to condemn anyone who says anything mean to anyone else.

Why are you asking me what hope I can bring to the young people of Europe? That seems bizarre.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It’s also xenophobic passions and glee thinking about the misery of others....

You know that phrase “the grass isn’t always greener”..... yeah..... that!

I am so tempted to say little englander.... but you are trolling such a fine line.... I really have quite worked out why you go about this with such Pravda like purpose

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

What can we do to help them? Particularly their unemployed youngsters? Positive suggestions please "

Can I ask if we paid gross in £20B and the total budget in 2019 was £168B . How do you get to a third?? Oh and don’t miss out we’re still paying for a few years yet! With no benefit whatsoever.

A fact released this week 16% unemployment for our 18-30 year olds in U.K. right now (ref BBC) so maybe worry about our fucking mess before taking the piss about anyone else’s. We are expected to be able to get back to our 2019 GDP by 2023/24 or later due to our economy being harder hit than the rest of Europe so far with Covid on top of Brexit . (Source mixed bag of analysts in FT )

We’re going to need that bus oh wait no that was just unicorn bullshit that some people actually believed. Amazing

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

maybe ask covax to start in europe 1st.

"maybe ask covax to start in europe 1st. "

Maybe they should swap vaccines for coffins for us?

near ipswich

"maybe ask covax to start in europe 1st.

Maybe they should swap vaccines for coffins for us? "

I dont want to sound callous like you but if they don't start getting their finger out and vaccinating people they are going to need them themselves. The number of infections are rising rapidly unfortunately for everyone.

Maybe they should swap vaccines for coffins for us? I dont want to sound callous like you but if they don't start getting their finger out and vaccinating people they are going to need them themselves. The number of infections are rising rapidly unfortunately for everyone. "

I almost sense a bit of joy in some people here to see that they are having issues with vaccinations over there. I find this far more callous to be honest.

It looks like we’re doing well here with vaccinations at the mo which is good news. I wouldn’t boast too much about it because we were clearly the country that needed it the most and the most quickly. And I wouldn’t put it past the gvt to mess it up again. So far that’s the only thing that has gone well for them..

Yet all you do is compare and then be sarcastic.

near ipswich

Maybe they should swap vaccines for coffins for us? I dont want to sound callous like you but if they don't start getting their finger out and vaccinating people they are going to need them themselves. The number of infections are rising rapidly unfortunately for everyone.

I almost sense a bit of joy in some people here to see that they are having issues with vaccinations over there. I find this far more callous to be honest.

It looks like we’re doing well here with vaccinations at the mo which is good news. I wouldn’t boast too much about it because we were clearly the country that needed it the most and the most quickly. And I wouldn’t put it past the gvt to mess it up again. So far that’s the only thing that has gone well for them..

"

so nothing new then a positive followed very quickly by a negative its not good for your mental health.

"Yet all you do is compare and then be sarcastic. "

I’m not sure who you’re referring to but you clearly have a problem with sarcasm. Sarcasm is not illegal you know. People have got different ways to express themselves. Some feel they need 300 smileys per post, some make silly jokes, some about sarcastic. That’s life.

near ipswich

we have seen a few of them come and go on here over the past 6 months or so.

Maybe they should swap vaccines for coffins for us? I dont want to sound callous like you but if they don't start getting their finger out and vaccinating people they are going to need them themselves. The number of infections are rising rapidly unfortunately for everyone.

so nothing new then a positive followed very quickly by a negative its not good for your mental health. "

Oh dear!

"Yet all you do is compare and then be sarcastic.

I’m not sure who you’re referring to but you clearly have a problem with sarcasm. Sarcasm is not illegal you know. People have got different ways to express themselves. Some feel they need 300 smileys per post, some make silly jokes, some about sarcastic. That’s life. "

And lends not an ounce of weight to what is written.

"Yet all you do is compare and then be sarcastic.

I’m not sure who you’re referring to but you clearly have a problem with sarcasm. Sarcasm is not illegal you know. People have got different ways to express themselves. Some feel they need 300 smileys per post, some make silly jokes, some about sarcastic. That’s life.

And lends not an ounce of weight to what is written. "

I’d disagree. You seem to struggle to respond to posts not going your way so you focus on the form instead of the content but that’s not a problem. It’s an old tactics. You tend to be among the ones who post the sane smiley twenty times in some posts. It doesn’t add much weight to anything. And as said before you have failed to spot the most sarcastic part of this thread which is the topic itself. Probably because it is from one of your Brexit pals.

westerham

"maybe ask covax to start in europe 1st. "

There’s going to be a case fairly soon for us to run our own vaccine program in Europe

Manchester

There’s going to be a case fairly soon for us to run our own vaccine program in Europe"

Let’s hope you don’t do the counting as you still haven’t explained the third comment??

westerham

There’s going to be a case fairly soon for us to run our own vaccine program in Europe

Let’s hope you don’t do the counting as you still haven’t explained the third comment?? "

You are deliberately confusing the gross budget, as you well know we were the second biggest net contributor, and the result of Brexit is a third of their net contribution has gone:

https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/

Manchester

Let’s hope you don’t do the counting as you still haven’t explained the third comment??

You are deliberately confusing the gross budget, as you well know we were the second biggest net contributor, and the result of Brexit is a third of their net contribution has gone:

https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/"

Full fact says your wrong and we contribute 13% . We have consistently been the third biggest contributor so maybe that’s where you’re getting the third from.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-one-biggest-contributors-eu-budget/

So how can we fix our 16% youth unemployment ?

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

The government advising companies to set up Europe has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit. It is to do with what is happening globally in July.

near ipswich

Full fact says your wrong and we contribute 13% . We have consistently been the third biggest contributor so maybe that’s where you’re getting the third from.

So how can we fix our 16% youth unemployment ? "

Get through the pandemic thats how or are you trying to blame brexit for the unemployment?

So how can we fix our 16% youth unemployment ? Get through the pandemic thats how or are you trying to blame brexit for the unemployment?"

Do you mean a bit like the tories keep blaming Labour about the financial crash in 2008 twelve years later to justify austerity?

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

You're very quick to criticise the behaviour of the dreaded Remoaners on this forum.

What do your think of the OP and his repeated, very obvious topics started purely to try and wind people up? All good because you're on the same side?

Manchester

No, you are trolling, as you know.

This is a serious thread designed to help out our European friends so please can you stick to the topic, thanks "

A serious thread full facts is a pretty serious reference.

I’m sticking rigidly to your OP topics.

You started with the EU has lost a third of their budget so given we are the third largest contributor you claim is mathematically impossible.

You claim you’re worried about youth unemployment which is a very serious 16% in the U.K.

so please feel free to explain your serious approach to our very serious problem ? Or don’t you care about the high rate of youth unemployment in the U.K. ?

I’m beginning to think you were just joshing and you knew full well we’re in a big pile of shit ourselves and deflecting to others who other than having less vaccines aren’t really in need of help from us. Not sure given our record debt levels we are in any position to help anyone anyway! Yes I think we’re winning on that league table though eh. Serious enough.

Please don’t make false claims on facts or we won’t take you seriously when your proven wrong and we will suspect you’re trolling. Something given your record you would never do.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Nothing the EU is trying to fuck us well we are out and unless they grow up and stop acting like bullies we should do sod all to help them

westerham

This is a serious thread designed to help out our European friends so please can you stick to the topic, thanks

You started with the EU has lost a third of their budget so given we are the third largest contributor you claim is mathematically impossible.

You claim you’re worried about youth unemployment which is a very serious 16% in the U.K.

so please feel free to explain your serious approach to our very serious problem ? Or don’t you care about the high rate of youth unemployment in the U.K. ?

I’m beginning to think you were just joshing and you knew full well we’re in a big pile of shit ourselves and deflecting to others who other than having less vaccines aren’t really in need of help from us. Not sure given our record debt levels we are in any position to help anyone anyway! Yes I think we’re winning on that league table though eh. Serious enough.

Please don’t make false claims on facts or we won’t take you seriously when your proven wrong and we will suspect you’re trolling. Something given your record you would never do.

"

Please click on the link I gave you. We were the SECOND biggest net contributor, as you know. Your credibility with me is reduced when you feel you are entitled to your own facts.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

So many of the threads just become pointless nonsense, even words become I'm sure some people just put anything at the end of all the threads just to keep visible

"So many of the threads just become pointless nonsense, even words become I'm sure some people just put anything at the end of all the threads just to keep visible "

Sure, may as well. These brexit threads are all the exact same.

Manchester

This is a serious thread designed to help out our European friends so please can you stick to the topic, thanks

Please click on the link I gave you. We were the SECOND biggest net contributor, as you know. Your credibility with me is reduced when you feel you are entitled to your own facts. "

Your original post clearly stated a third which is 33% even in your link it’s not even close at around 20% so you are incorrect. In full facts it’s stated at 13% so whichever link you chose you are wrong. Or is this another 10 million houses with solar panels post when the figure was 1.2 million.?

You stated a third, not the league table position and not the amount just A THIRD OF THEIR BUDGET.

Read your original post if you doubt me . “ for our European friends, with a third of their budget gone“ So you claim is incorrect and we can use both links to say we agree on that!

Also as I mentioned we’re still paying for a few years yet so they haven’t lost anything yet. With banking funds moving and the latest advice for U.K. firms to register in the EU I think their GDPs will more than cover it with the same payment percentages. You seem to want our European friends to suffer to claim some obscure fantasy of victory. Very strange behaviour. I think you may have a long wait for that victory and you should put more effort into fixing our internal problems rather than worrying about the EU they will be fine without you fretting.

Manchester

So how can we fix our 16% youth unemployment ? Get through the pandemic thats how or are you trying to blame brexit for the unemployment?"

It was 12% before Covid which is twice that of Germany and around 1.5%ahead of France .

Ratio wise we are just 15-20% ahead of Spain the worst affected country .

So no I’m blaming shit government as it’s going to be years before we can see the true effect of Brexit in the numbers. Youth unemployment was rising before Covid according to the parliamentary library.

Debating aside Costa I actually think the government do need to address this as it’s not good for our future whatever party you support.

So how can we fix our 16% youth unemployment ? Get through the pandemic thats how or are you trying to blame brexit for the unemployment?

It was 12% before Covid which is twice that of Germany and around 1.5%ahead of France .

So no I’m blaming shit government as it’s going to be years before we can see the true effect of Brexit in the numbers. Youth unemployment was rising before Covid according to the parliamentary library.

Debating aside Costa I actually think the government do need to address this as it’s not good for our future whatever party you support. "

Of course youth unemployment was rising in the UK. With net migration of 200-300,000 EVERY YEAR from the EU, what did you expect?

near ipswich

So how can we fix our 16% youth unemployment ? Get through the pandemic thats how or are you trying to blame brexit for the unemployment?

Debating aside Costa I actually think the government do need to address this as it’s not good for our future whatever party you support. "

Ratio wise we are just 15-20% ahead of Spain the worst affected country .What does this even mean? Spain has a youth unemployment rate of over 31%

In 2019 the uk 11.3% spain 32.8%

yes from 2018 to 2019 it rose .9 of one percent if you care to go back to 2016 it fell by 1.62%

trying to give the impression that this is down to brexit is just wrong.

Of course it needs to be addressed but in case you havent noticed 100,000,s of people are losing their jobs due to this pandemic not just in the uk but most of the world and the sooner we can get out of it the sooner they will be addressed.

Manchester

Debating aside Costa I actually think the government do need to address this as it’s not good for our future whatever party you support.

Ratio wise we are just 15-20% ahead of Spain the worst affected country .What does this even mean? Spain has a youth unemployment rate of over 31%

yes from 2018 to 2019 it rose .9 of one percent if you care to go back to 2016 it fell by 1.62%

Of course it needs to be addressed but in case you havent noticed 100,000,s of people are losing their jobs due to this pandemic not just in the uk but most of the world and the sooner we can get out of it the sooner they will be addressed."

Firstly I haven’t mentioned Brexit in the case of Youth unemployment at all . You did. In my response i don’t claim it was Brexit and secondly said it would be years before any of those figures could be allocated to Brexit.

In regards to ratio it’s the level of unemployment calculated equally taking into account each countries education system and their counting system as they all differ. We keep pointing the finger at how bad everyone is but if you apply the same counting standards the gaps are nowhere near as great as claimed in the tabloids.

Here’s a link to an article which explains it better than me. It proves don’t always believe the headline.

https://www.independent.co.uk/infact/france-youth-unemployment-oecd-a7752816.html

Manchester

Of course youth unemployment was rising in the UK. With net migration of 200-300,000 EVERY YEAR from the EU, what did you expect? "

Look at the unemployment rate of immigrants in the last 10 years. Your statement is bollocks.

near ipswich

Of course it needs to be addressed but in case you havent noticed 100,000,s of people are losing their jobs due to this pandemic not just in the uk but most of the world and the sooner we can get out of it the sooner they will be addressed.

Firstly I haven’t mentioned Brexit in the case of Youth unemployment at all . You did. In my response i don’t claim it was Brexit and secondly said it would be years before any of those figures could be allocated to Brexit.

In regards to ratio it’s the level of unemployment calculated equally taking into account each countries education system and their counting system as they all differ. We keep pointing the finger at how bad everyone is but if you apply the same counting standards the gaps are nowhere near as great as claimed in the tabloids.

Here’s a link to an article which explains it better than me. It proves don’t always believe the headline.

https://www.independent.co.uk/infact/france-youth-unemployment-oecd-a7752816.html"

Its a shame people dont take these things into account when quoting the death figures.

Yes i can see that using a different system to counting could bring up a different result isn't that what all governments do but it doesnt change the fact that these kids dont have jobs.

Manchester

https://www.independent.co.uk/infact/france-youth-unemployment-oecd-a7752816.htmlIts a shame people dont take these things into account when quoting the death figures.

Yes i can see that using a different system to counting could bring up a different result isn't that what all governments do but it doesnt change the fact that these kids dont have jobs.

"

Yes which is why I said debating aside it’s something we need to address as the future will be shitty for a lot of people regardless of Brexit or Covid.

I wasn’t trying to make a Brexit point over the figures I was saying it’s a bad number.

I haven’t looked at how they count the Covid deaths so can’t comment and I’m not interested in the league tables I just think the governments first purpose is to keep people safe. This they have failed on miserably in my option. As an island we should have done much better. Whether it’s 60,000 or 100000 it’s still a lot of tragedies .

liverpool

Of course youth unemployment was rising in the UK. With net migration of 200-300,000 EVERY YEAR from the EU, what did you expect? "

Is there anything that cant be blamed on The EU?

Of course youth unemployment was rising in the UK. With net migration of 200-300,000 EVERY YEAR from the EU, what did you expect?

"

Corbyn?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Isn’t this called a ‘Dead Cat Bounce’? But obviously in the case of the Fishermen you just made up the recovery

liverpool

Corbyn?"

Dont be silly

westerham

"

I havent yet been able to prove their involvement in the Kennedy assassination, but I've not given up yet.

Look at the unemployment rate of immigrants in the last 10 years. Your statement is bollocks. "

Doh, you've just reinforced my point

westerham

Please click on the link I gave you. We were the SECOND biggest net contributor, as you know. Your credibility with me is reduced when you feel you are entitled to your own facts.

Your original post clearly stated a third which is 33% even in your link it’s not even close at around 20% so you are incorrect. In full facts it’s stated at 13% so whichever link you chose you are wrong. Or is this another 10 million houses with solar panels post when the figure was 1.2 million.?

You stated a third, not the league table position and not the amount just A THIRD OF THEIR BUDGET.

Read your original post if you doubt me . “ for our European friends, with a third of their budget gone“ So you claim is incorrect and we can use both links to say we agree on that!

Also as I mentioned we’re still paying for a few years yet so they haven’t lost anything yet. With banking funds moving and the latest advice for U.K. firms to register in the EU I think their GDPs will more than cover it with the same payment percentages. You seem to want our European friends to suffer to claim some obscure fantasy of victory. Very strange behaviour. I think you may have a long wait for that victory and you should put more effort into fixing our internal problems rather than worrying about the EU they will be fine without you fretting. "

No, it is a third of their budget that has gone.

I think I understand the problem, which is that you don't understand the difference between gross and net? That's not unusual tbh, apparently after quite a few years in business successfully, even Richard Branson had to have the difference explained to him.

Manchester

Also as I mentioned we’re still paying for a few years yet so they haven’t lost anything yet. With banking funds moving and the latest advice for U.K. firms to register in the EU I think their GDPs will more than cover it with the same payment percentages. You seem to want our European friends to suffer to claim some obscure fantasy of victory. Very strange behaviour. I think you may have a long wait for that victory and you should put more effort into fixing our internal problems rather than worrying about the EU they will be fine without you fretting.

I think I understand the problem, which is that you don't understand the difference between gross and net? That's not unusual tbh, apparently after quite a few years in business successfully, even Richard Branson had to have the difference explained to him. "

Just repeating your claim does’t make it correct please show me the maths you’ve used?

westerham

I think I understand the problem, which is that you don't understand the difference between gross and net? That's not unusual tbh, apparently after quite a few years in business successfully, even Richard Branson had to have the difference explained to him.

Just repeating your claim does’t make it correct please show me the maths you’ve used?

"

OK I will play along, see next post:

westerham

Firstly, do you agree that if I give you ten quid, and you immediately give me back four, that I have in reality given you six quid?

Do you agree that the "ten" is irrelevant, yes?

Eastleigh

Be careful using figures, if the 300,000 were employed here then it reduces our unemployment percentage overall.

Eastleigh

We might have been the largest, 2nd or 3rd contributor, but that sum may only be 1/10th the overall contributed to the pot.

Being the 3rd largest contributor does not mean we contributed a third of the money to the pot. The sum of the other 27 states far exceeds what we contributed. What is given back in subsidy is different again.

westerham

"We might have been the largest, 2nd or 3rd contributor, but that sum may only be 1/10th the overall contributed to the pot.

Being the 3rd largest contributor does not mean we contributed a third of the money to the pot. The sum of the other 27 states far exceeds what we contributed. What is given back in subsidy is different again.

"

Don't be sucked in by the trolls, I never said we were the third biggest contributor.

We were the second biggest net contributor, which added up to a third of all the net contributions to the EU budget as was shown in my link above and is on the BBC website as well.

Manchester

"Firstly, do you agree that if I give you ten quid, and you immediately give me back four, that I have in reality given you six quid?

Do you agree that the "ten" is irrelevant, yes? "

You don’t need to play along like this

You just need to show me the eu total net figure and then allocate this to the 10 countries who all net contribute clearly showing how the U.K. accounts for a third . We’ve moved on from gross at your request.

Your figure on your own link puts it at 20% which is about right if you manually add it up from the figures on your link. ( Other links are available )

Manchester

"We might have been the largest, 2nd or 3rd contributor, but that sum may only be 1/10th the overall contributed to the pot.

"

There were are 10 net contributors.

The biggest Germany

Second is or France depending on year.

Second highest as a percentage of GDP is The Netherlands . So yes they haven’t lost a third of their budget in any way you’re correct .

westerham

"Firstly, do you agree that if I give you ten quid, and you immediately give me back four, that I have in reality given you six quid?

You just need to show me the eu total net figure and then allocate this to the 10 countries who all net contribute clearly showing how the U.K. accounts for a third . We’ve moved on from gross at your request.

Your figure on your own link puts it at 20% which is about right if you manually add it up from the figures on your link. ( Other links are available )"

And yet, fourteen hours ago, when I told you exactly the same thing, you replied:

"Full fact says your wrong and we contribute 13% . We have consistently been the third biggest contributor so maybe that’s where you’re getting the third from"

So you're now upto admitting at least 20% anyway. Give it another 14 hours you'll realise it's a third.

Manchester

Don't be sucked in by the trolls, I never said we were the third biggest contributor.

We were the second biggest net contributor, which added up to a third of all the net contributions to the EU budget as was shown in my link above and is on the BBC website as well. "

On the BBC’s we contribute net £7.5B and the total net is £50B how do you get to a third?

It’s nonsense

Your link is 20%

Then BBC is 15%

Manchester

Your figure on your own link puts it at 20% which is about right if you manually add it up from the figures on your link. ( Other links are available )

And yet, fourteen hours ago, when I told you exactly the same thing, you replied:

"Full fact says your wrong and we contribute 13% . We have consistently been the third biggest contributor so maybe that’s where you’re getting the third from"

So you're now upto admitting at least 20% anyway. Give it another 14 hours you'll realise it's a third. "

Like I said I took your link to compare apples with apples so not cheating in anyway and it’s reached 20%

You are wrong and no matter how you blame trolls try to evade answering the maths you can’t avoid being wrong.

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

No one going for. 33 m% except you .

I’ll go with your link cos I’m generous but remember never quite full fact on here again if you think they are lying.

westerham

So you're now upto admitting at least 20% anyway. Give it another 14 hours you'll realise it's a third.

Like I said I took your link to compare apples with apples so not cheating in anyway and it’s reached 20%

You are wrong and no matter how you blame trolls try to evade answering the maths you can’t avoid being wrong.

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

I’ll go with your link cos I’m generous but remember never quite full fact on here again if you think they are lying.

"

You haven't given me a fullfact link to check but based on your patchy track record I'm gonna hazard a guess you've misunderstood or misquoted part of one of their pages.

Manchester

Obviously a typo

Never “quote” Full Fact if you think they are lying.

Manchester

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

You haven't given me a fullfact link to check but based on your patchy track record I'm gonna hazard a guess you've misunderstood or misquoted part of one of their pages. "

They have as search function so you can tailor it to your desired need .

Anyway show me the maths as your BBC ref got it to 15% and giving you credit for your link it’s 20%

So I’m happy to use your link.

I want to know how you calculate your number up to 33% but you won’t show me !

Shall we agree you haven’t quite understood the maths and assumed as we are the second or third biggest contributor that’s were the confusion came in. .

I’ll leave it there as it’s getting boring for everyone.

westerham

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

You haven't given me a fullfact link to check but based on your patchy track record I'm gonna hazard a guess you've misunderstood or misquoted part of one of their pages.

Anyway show me the maths as your BBC ref got it to 15% and giving you credit for your link it’s 20%

Shall we agree you haven’t quite understood the maths and assumed as we are the second or third biggest contributor that’s were the confusion came in. .

"

I assure you I'm not bored these are huge and important questions for Brussels now as their hospitality budget is drained.

I can foresee us being brought in as peacekeepers in the near future.

Manchester

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

I assure you I'm not bored these are huge and important questions for Brussels now as their hospitality budget is drained.

I can foresee us being brought in as peacekeepers in the near future. "

Are you drinking early?

They’ve got our £7-10B tax revenue from bank funds then our divorce bill then their growth in GDP and their economies leases affected by Covid than our and so like I said you’re fretting.

You mustn’t worry.

Btw have you seen the state of our armed forces lately?

I think the Papal guard would give us a run for our money at the min.

Manchester

Less affected another typo sorry.

near ipswich

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

Are you drinking early?

They’ve got our £7-10B tax revenue from bank funds then our divorce bill then their growth in GDP and their economies leases affected by Covid than our and so like I said you’re fretting.

You mustn’t worry.

"

Do they have 2 new carriers too then.

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 28/01/21 16:43:51]

Manchester

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

Are you drinking early?

You mustn’t worry.

Do they have 2 new carriers too then. "

The navy cannot put a single carrier battle group together because they don’t have the engineers without taking crew from other ships. The planes on board until recently have been American. We embarrassingly had just six when the ship was paired with a us Nimitz class carrying 70. They put American helicopters on the deck to look busy.

The one and only BSG fleet support capable of really supporting the group Fort Victoria is out of action in 2022 due to a refit so again we have to pair up with other navy’s to supply our carriers. The three new RFA ships are at least three years late. Next best target 2026.

The navy are offering large bonus payments to keep engineers and trying to attract those back who have left. So leave as a grunt and come back as a killick or petty officer. That’s not good for quality

Did you know we still have more admirals than ships still on the payroll.

Shortages of parts for helicopters means the cannibalise others to keep some flying. The merlins are having reliability issues all on there own after taking over from the sea kings.

Three of our latest d class destroyers didn’t go to see for two years due to lack of crew. We only have six.

As we are becoming independent and claiming global strength it’s not looking great is it. Like most things in life we aren’t strong enough to go it alone with any serious adversary.

I know the Forces waste money and would recommend cutting the top brass and re inventing their purchasing regimes.

Like the NHS it’s not run as well as it could be.

Just to end I am very proud of our armed forces and the men and women who serve. I don’t think they are paid or treated anywhere near as well as they should be. The housing they are given is sometimes just above squat level.

Again it’s mismanagement not the soldiers or crews or support staff. We should as a nation hold them in much higher regard.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

Are you drinking early?

You mustn’t worry.

The navy cannot put a single carrier battle group together because they don’t have the engineers without taking crew from other ships. The planes on board until recently have been American. We embarrassingly had just six when the ship was paired with a us Nimitz class carrying 70. They put American helicopters on the deck to look busy.

The one and only BSG fleet support capable of really supporting the group Fort Victoria is out of action in 2022 due to a refit so again we have to pair up with other navy’s to supply our carriers. The three new RFA ships are at least three years late. Next best target 2026.

The navy are offering large bonus payments to keep engineers and trying to attract those back who have left. So leave as a grunt and come back as a killick or petty officer. That’s not good for quality

Shortages of parts for helicopters means the cannibalise others to keep some flying. The merlins are having reliability issues all on there own after taking over from the sea kings.

Three of our latest d class destroyers didn’t go to see for two years due to lack of crew. We only have six.

As we are becoming independent and claiming global strength it’s not looking great is it. Like most things in life we aren’t strong enough to go it alone with any serious adversary.

I know the Forces waste money and would recommend cutting the top brass and re inventing their purchasing regimes.

Just to end I am very proud of our armed forces and the men and women who serve. I don’t think they are paid or treated anywhere near as well as they should be. The housing they are given is sometimes just above squat level.

Again it’s mismanagement not the soldiers or crews or support staff. We should as a nation hold them in much higher regard."

not having a pop mate but tbh honest last few days you don’t come across as very proud you basically just said our navy are shite I’m sure if any or them read yr post it wouldn’t boost there moral but I do agree they are so under paid and under appreciated by the government

Manchester

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

Are you drinking early?

You mustn’t worry.

Again it’s mismanagement not the soldiers or crews or support staff. We should as a nation hold them in much higher regard. not having a pop mate but tbh honest last few days you don’t come across as very proud you basically just said our navy are shite I’m sure if any or them read yr post it wouldn’t boost there moral but I do agree they are so under paid and under appreciated by the government "

Last few days are about Brexit and haven’t mentioned navy.

I have a lot of close family in the navy ( family tradition) so know very well how shite it’s run.

Under investment and shit management has made our navy weaker than planned.

The men and women in our armed forces deserve better from our MOD look how long they’ve been squabbling over the carriers planes! And it’s Whitehall fucking up the new ships.

I only read about the army and airforce so just news comments.

Btw in case someone jumps on me I know we have other RFA ships it’s just the fort class are better suited. No idea why I’ve just been told that by navy people who should know.

near ipswich

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

Are you drinking early?

You mustn’t worry.

Again it’s mismanagement not the soldiers or crews or support staff. We should as a nation hold them in much higher regard. not having a pop mate but tbh honest last few days you don’t come across as very proud you basically just said our navy are shite I’m sure if any or them read yr post it wouldn’t boost there moral but I do agree they are so under paid and under appreciated by the government "

You took the words right out of my mouth i love my country but everything is shit thats why i wanted to stay in the eu they do so much better.

All i ask was does the papal guard have 2 aircraft carriers and get a whole lot of stuff that to be honest i cant even be bothered to fact check .

Manchester

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

Are you drinking early?

You mustn’t worry.

Again it’s mismanagement not the soldiers or crews or support staff. We should as a nation hold them in much higher regard. not having a pop mate but tbh honest last few days you don’t come across as very proud you basically just said our navy are shite I’m sure if any or them read yr post it wouldn’t boost there moral but I do agree they are so under paid and under appreciated by the government You took the words right out of my mouth i love my country but everything is shit thats why i wanted to stay in the eu they do so much better.

All i ask was does the papal guard have 2 aircraft carriers and get a whole lot of stuff that to be honest i cant even be bothered to fact check ."

I refer to my earlier answer on taking words out of your mouth and please point out where I mentioned the EU in relation to the post. I was only referring to how weak we are militarily. Don’t jump to your own conclusions. Note the comment “serious adversary.”

We are independent of Europe now and the government claiming global strength. I’m talking bombs and guns you’re obviously still on about the Eu not me.

You don’t need to fact check. I’m sad to admit it’s true.

I’ve never been an advocate of a European force. We have NATO and that’s enough. Unless China gets aggressive why would we need another alliance?. Suspect we’ll need Russia’s help then anyway looking at the USA meltdown.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

So

Your link 20%

Full fact 13 %

BBC 15%

Are you drinking early?

You mustn’t worry.

Again it’s mismanagement not the soldiers or crews or support staff. We should as a nation hold them in much higher regard. not having a pop mate but tbh honest last few days you don’t come across as very proud you basically just said our navy are shite I’m sure if any or them read yr post it wouldn’t boost there moral but I do agree they are so under paid and under appreciated by the government You took the words right out of my mouth i love my country but everything is shit thats why i wanted to stay in the eu they do so much better.

All i ask was does the papal guard have 2 aircraft carriers and get a whole lot of stuff that to be honest i cant even be bothered to fact check .

I refer to my earlier answer on taking words out of your mouth and please point out where I mentioned the EU in relation to the post. I was only referring to how weak we are militarily. Don’t jump to your own conclusions. Note the comment “serious adversary.”

We are independent of Europe now and the government claiming global strength. I’m talking bombs and guns you’re obviously still on about the Eu not me.

You don’t need to fact check. I’m sad to admit it’s true.

I’ve never been an advocate of a European force. We have NATO and that’s enough. Unless China gets aggressive why would we need another alliance?. Suspect we’ll need Russia’s help then anyway looking at the USA meltdown. "

like you said more admirals than ships it’s a joke iv got massive respect for all the forces it needs huge investment but the ppl at the top need trimming down and I think China getting aggressive is a matter of when not if but I don’t think Russia will be the ones to turn to did you see there carrier passing down the channel a few yrs back I was expecting to see nellson stood at the front of it it’s older than the water it was in lol

» Add a new message to this topic