FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > eu vnuk law to be removed

eu vnuk law to be removed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

The government plan to scrap vnuk motor insurance law which will save British drivers a hike in insurance more good news.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Hmm, they will find another way to extort driver's.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I have to say this was shoddy legislation from the EU started with good intentions but badly drawn up. It started over a farmer injuring someone with his tractor and not being insured so the injured guy got nothing.

The draft started to include ride on lawnmowers in your own garden FFS. It’s all over public liability risks due to us and our European cousins becoming like America a litigation lead society.

I suspect this insurance will arrive but in a better drafted format from our own insurance companies. We all pay extra to cover uninsured drivers so this is the same principal.

So it’s something we weren’t paying and are still not paying just yet so carry on guys. The premiums will increase just not due to a law brought in to protect the innocent it will be to Lloyds not wanting to pay for the litigation.

near ipswich

You always suspect a lot dont you.It was a stupid law, lawn mowers, mobility scooters, golf buggies to name a few.Just the eu trying to control more of peoples lives and making them pay for the privilege.

Manchester

"You always suspect a lot dont you.It was a stupid law, lawn mowers, mobility scooters, golf buggies to name a few.Just the eu trying to control more of peoples lives and making them pay for the privilege. "

Actually it was covering people who were hurt by uninsured machines but don’t let that get in the way of your bias view of the EU.

I agreed it was badly written.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

This is the saga of Slovenian farm worker Damijan Vnuk who was knocked off his ladder by a tractor....

Manchester

"This is the saga of Slovenian farm worker Damijan Vnuk who was knocked off his ladder by a tractor...."

Yes true that’s how it started

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"You always suspect a lot dont you.It was a stupid law, lawn mowers, mobility scooters, golf buggies to name a few.Just the eu trying to control more of peoples lives and making them pay for the privilege. "

His "suspecting" seems to far outweigh your supposed knowledge on most matters regarding anything EU or Brexit related.

Your so paranoid, it's quite sad / amusing/

near ipswich

It seems that scrapping this eu legislation will save the average uk motorist £50 a year in premiums.A brexit bonus.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"It seems that scrapping this eu legislation will save the average uk motorist £50 a year in premiums.A brexit bonus. "

You can use the extra cash to pay your higher food bills

near ipswich

"It seems that scrapping this eu legislation will save the average uk motorist £50 a year in premiums.A brexit bonus.

You can use the extra cash to pay your higher food bills "

I always shop locally for meat, fish and veg so doubt i will be paying more than usual mate but thanks for your concern.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"It seems that scrapping this eu legislation will save the average uk motorist £50 a year in premiums.A brexit bonus.

You can use the extra cash to pay your higher food bills "

what higher food bills not like a remainer to go overboard lol

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Am I reading the report wrong? It describes the background, the transference to UK law and the options as well as macro impact. But I didn’t see anywhere that the Govt have changed anything at all. Could somebody help me out?

near ipswich

"Am I reading the report wrong? It describes the background, the transference to UK law and the options as well as macro impact. But I didn’t see anywhere that the Govt have changed anything at all. Could somebody help me out?"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-plan-to-scrap-eu-law-ensuring-british-drivers-avoid-50-a-year-insurance-hike

Chudleigh

"Am I reading the report wrong? It describes the background, the transference to UK law and the options as well as macro impact. But I didn’t see anywhere that the Govt have changed anything at all. Could somebody help me out?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-plan-to-scrap-eu-law-ensuring-british-drivers-avoid-50-a-year-insurance-hike"

Thanks for that, I note the operative word ‘may’ is used on the Govt website. Lets celebrate if they deliver I mean when has this Govt ever over promised...

“Government announces plan to scrap EU law, ensuring British drivers avoid £50 a year insurance hike

Controversial EU Vnuk motor insurance law may be removed from British law.”

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Never herd of it but would most of the not come under the person's public liability insurance.

And I think I could do more damage with a chain saw then a mower.

near ipswich

"Am I reading the report wrong? It describes the background, the transference to UK law and the options as well as macro impact. But I didn’t see anywhere that the Govt have changed anything at all. Could somebody help me out?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-plan-to-scrap-eu-law-ensuring-british-drivers-avoid-50-a-year-insurance-hike

Thanks for that, I note the operative word ‘may’ is used on the Govt website. Lets celebrate if they deliver I mean when has this Govt ever over promised...

“Government announces plan to scrap EU law, ensuring British drivers avoid £50 a year insurance hike

Controversial EU Vnuk motor insurance law may be removed from British law.” "

Actually it says plan too not may, two totally different things, but im sure more stuff will get done quicker when parliament gets to sit again instead of this virtual parliament they have at the mo.

Chudleigh

Controversial EU Vnuk motor insurance law may be removed from British law.” Actually it says plan too not may, two totally different things, but im sure more stuff will get done quicker when parliament gets to sit again instead of this virtual parliament they have at the mo."

...i quoted their words.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"The government plan to scrap vnuk motor insurance law which will save British drivers a hike in insurance more good news. "

Can't say I have heard of it but sounds good news to me

Chudleigh

"The government plan to scrap vnuk motor insurance law which will save British drivers a hike in insurance more good news.

Can't say I have heard of it but sounds good news to me"

Every little helps, but as they say it ‘may’ be enacted into British Law, I’m not going to hold my breath

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

That insurance would have ruined all motorsports.

By *rystal DreamtimeTV/TS  over a year ago

horsham

"That insurance would have ruined all motorsports. "

“After extensive lobbying, a crucial vote in January 2019 by an EU Parliamentary committee went in favour of motorsport by excluding motorsport from the amended wording of the MID. This was subsequently approved by the European Parliament. “

Whilst I agree any new legislation that may effect motorsport is always a worrying time for competitors , your post fails to mention that it was not a forgone conclusion that it would be implemented . Like many things which the EU deal with it always fills people with dread when the wheels start turning . However that’s what we pay our governing body’s to lobby on our behalf and that is exactly what the FIM have done ..

Nothing was yet set in stone as far as Motorsport was concerned .

» Add a new message to this topic