FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brussels runs out of money

Brussels runs out of money

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

All quite sad really, would be good if Europe could perform better then we could export to them as well. Looks like we will do increasing trade with the rest of the world instead for a few years:

“The loss of the UK's financial power has sparked an economic crisis inside the EU, according to one leading European political expert. Robert Oulds, who is the director of the Bruges Group, said that Brexit had blown a huge hole through EU finances and Brussels may not survive another economic crisis. Britain's departure has already left a £65billion (€75bn) hole in the EU budget.”

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This was copied and pasted from the Daily Express website.

A new low.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Take the sum needed and divide by 27, and ask them to pay up.

However, they won't do that.

"This was copied and pasted from the Daily Express website.

A new low."

Shocking . His credibility rating has plummeted like the pound did after the EU referendum

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

A new low."

Makes a change from the mail

Its been said before but if Brexit is such a success.

You cant help thinking why they are still obsessed about eurpe

A new low.

Shocking . His credibility rating has plummeted like the pound did after the EU referendum "

I've enjoyed his micro currency fluctuation celebrations.

But copy and pasting from the daily express, who quote Robert Oulds from the Bruges Group is a new low.

-700 credibility points.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

A new low."

Any more newspapers people cant read? its usually the mail and the sun i will add the express to that list.

Pretty soon the guardian will be the only news source allowed on here.

It may have been reported in the Express but there are direct quotes there. And it wasn't an Express interview.

You guys really need to do better.

A new low.

"

Because Brexit can only be a ‘success’ if the EU fails

So does the EU have an upcoming financial crisis or not?

A new low.Any more newspapers people cant read? its usually the mail and the sun i will add the express to that list.

Pretty soon the guardian will be the only news source allowed on here. "

Read whatever you like.

People who copy and paste from the Mail/Express/Beano are inviting questions.

Surely it's important to understand your information sources, and the agenda of the publications? Or should be blindly believe anything we read?

"It may have been reported in the Express but there are direct quotes there. And it wasn't an Express interview.

You guys really need to do better."

Quoting Robert Oulds though. Which is like quoting Ronald McDonald on vegan food and pretending it's fact.

liverpool

"It may have been reported in the Express but there are direct quotes there. And it wasn't an Express interview.

Can I ask you a question

Brexit is done now isnt it?

Done and dusted..sunny uplands etc

So genuine question..why do you think so many people are utterly obsessed with the eu?

Thet swore blind they didnt want to see the eu collapse but nearly every day there are various stories, invariably in the nail and Express sbout the eu imploding

Why do you think that is?

A new low.Any more newspapers people cant read? its usually the mail and the sun i will add the express to that list.

Read whatever you like.

Surely it's important to understand your information sources, and the agenda of the publications? Or should be blindly believe anything we read?"

No offence but don’t compare the brilliance of the Beano with the Mail and Express.

near ipswich

Read whatever you like.

Surely it's important to understand your information sources, and the agenda of the publications? Or should be blindly believe anything we read?"

Surely the people who issue the statements are the important source if they are direct quotes nothing more.

liverpool

A new low.

Because Brexit can only be a ‘success’ if the EU fails"

Seems that way

Or they are somehow not confident in what they voted for.

Quoting Robert Oulds though. Which is like quoting Ronald McDonald on vegan food and pretending it's fact. "

You're 'complaint' wasn't that Oulds was quoted, it was about the Express being the new low.

Can I ask you a question

So genuine question..why do you think so many people are utterly obsessed with the eu?

Thet swore blind they didnt want to see the eu collapse but nearly every day there are various stories, invariably in the nail and Express sbout the eu imploding

Why do you think that is?"

This will be the standard answers

It’s news

Aren’t we allowed to talk about the EU

Can I ask you a question

Why do you think that is?"

You can ask a question, yes. Not three though

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

liverpool

Can I ask you a question

You can ask a question, yes. Not three though "

Just the last one will do.

I'm genuinely curious.

They got what they wanted

Shouldnt they be focusing on the uk?

Instead any tiny problem the eu has is pounced upon.

Sounds like insecurity to me.

Quoting Robert Oulds though. Which is like quoting Ronald McDonald on vegan food and pretending it's fact.

You're 'complaint' wasn't that Oulds was quoted, it was about the Express being the new low."

Yes. Look at who their quoting. How reliable is Robert Oulds, how does his fit the agenda of this news paper?

You're 'complaint' wasn't that Oulds was quoted, it was about the Express being the new low.

Yes. Look at who their quoting. How reliable is Robert Oulds, how does his fit the agenda of this news paper?

"

Is the EU facing a financial crisis?

Can I ask you a question

I'm genuinely curious.

Sounds like insecurity to me."

I wouldn't even begin to claim I think I know why those papers print those stories.

Is it any different to any other world news that we're shown?

near ipswich

Quoting Robert Oulds though. Which is like quoting Ronald McDonald on vegan food and pretending it's fact. "

I take it you dont rate the guy then? I personally had never heard of him before today, what has he said before to make you post that statement.

westerham

"So does the EU have an upcoming financial crisis or not? "

Sadly I have predicted a financial crisis for the EU yes. The tottering tower of corruption can only stay standing for so long.

The distant hope is that as Brussels collapses, a new order is established in Europe that can learn from Brexit and become strong and good customers of our new Empire.

"

I don't care too much for the paper or the commenter but make your mind up what it is you have a problem with.

"So does the EU have an upcoming financial crisis or not?

Sadly I have predicted a financial crisis for the EU yes. The tottering tower of corruption can only stay standing for so long.

The distant hope is that as Brussels collapses, a new order is established in Europe that can learn from Brexit and become strong and good customers of our new Empire."

Epic, I keep forgetting your not being serious, top notch trolling

liverpool

Can I ask you a question

I'm genuinely curious.

I wouldn't even begin to claim I think I know why those papers print those stories.

Is it any different to any other world news that we're shown?"

I guess if you have been reading the daily mail for the last 30 years,blaming the eu for everything in the world is 2nd Nature.

The distant hope is that as Brussels collapses, a new order is established in Europe that can learn from Brexit and become strong and good customers of our new Empire."

I think we should allow Spain, Greece and Italy to become a part of our Empire though and not just customers

Can I ask you a question

I'm genuinely curious.

Is it any different to any other world news that we're shown?

I guess if you have been reading the daily mail for the last 30 years,blaming the eu for everything in the world is 2nd Nature."

Where have you seen anyone blaming the EU for world problems?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The distant hope is that as Brussels collapses, a new order is established in Europe that can learn from Brexit and become strong and good customers of our new Empire.

I think we should allow Spain, Greece and Italy to become a part of our Empire though and not just customers "

The Empire was created by taking land not an invite!

Chris wants empire but think we may need a few more gunboats. Also will we be paying off the debt a hundred years later like the sl4ve trade when we back track? TUI and JET2 will be minted with all the compensation.

liverpool

Quite ironic that remainers are branded as remoaners but its the leavers who cant stop whinging about an institution we have left.

"Quite ironic that remainers are branded as remoaners but its the leavers who cant stop whinging about an institution we have left."

It is sad to see. After 45 years of struggles, hardship and of wanting to leave the EU I would have hoped that they could have found some peace and comfort in their final years . Tragic

All this talk of the Empire and taking land etc.

Chris has said he wants a New Empire using Soft Power. This is a quite different concept to what was before

"Quite ironic that remainers are branded as remoaners but its the leavers who cant stop whinging about an institution we have left."

Not whinging at all. Just pointing out why leaving a failing organisation was the right thing to do

liverpool

"Quite ironic that remainers are branded as remoaners but its the leavers who cant stop whinging about an institution we have left.

It is sad to see. After 45 years of struggles, hardship and of wanting to leave the EU I would have hoped that they could have found some peace and comfort in their final years . Tragic "

I know.

My heart goes out to them

They were told all our problems would be over once we left,and I think the penny Is slowly dropping.

"Quite ironic that remainers are branded as remoaners but its the leavers who cant stop whinging about an institution we have left.

It is sad to see. After 45 years of struggles, hardship and of wanting to leave the EU I would have hoped that they could have found some peace and comfort in their final years . Tragic

I know.

My heart goes out to them

They were told all our problems would be over once we left,and I think the penny Is slowly dropping."

So sad. Imagine living such a terrible life for all those years and then getting your dream come true and not being able to enjoy it.

Manchester

Is the EU facing a financial crisis? "

Just like us the contributors are reeling from Covid and the drop in GDP which is related to payments. I’m sure all countries are feeling the Covid squeeze.

So down true but not as down as us. We’re the leaders in dropped GDP . The Netherlands and Germany will be ok though as they’ve got our tax revenues from the money moved due to Brexit. Oh and we’ve haven’t stopped paying into the EU for a few years yet so I’m sure they are sleeping just fine. Bit like paying finance on a car someone else drives.

Express spinning selective facts again now there’s a surprise.

Just like us the contributors are reeling from Covid and the drop in GDP which is related to payments. I’m sure all countries are feeling the Covid squeeze.

So down true but not as down as us. We’re the leaders in dropped GDP . The Netherlands and Germany will be ok though as they’ve got our tax revenues from the money moved due to Brexit. Oh and we’ve haven’t stopped paying into the EU for a few years yet so I’m sure they are sleeping just fine. Bit like paying finance on a car someone else drives.

"

We are paying them £340,000 an hour

"

I thought it had already been explained how countries measured GDP differently?

The UK is poised to bounce back far faster than the rest of the EU post covid. And even without covid the EU was facing a financial crisis anyway, nothing to do with our contributions, though that doesn't help

We are paying them £340,000 an hour "

Now where's that tired emoji??

Manchester

"All this talk of the Empire and taking land etc.

Chris has said he wants a New Empire using Soft Power. This is a quite different concept to what was before "

Taking over another country is taking over another country so what’s your point?

Would you be happy if China continue to grow their investments and eventually own everything in the U.K. ? The EU is a cuddly toy in comparison.

Chris has said he wants a New Empire using Soft Power. This is a quite different concept to what was before

Taking over another country is taking over another country so what’s your point?

Would you be happy if China continue to grow their investments and eventually own everything in the U.K. ? The EU is a cuddly toy in comparison. "

In politics, soft power is the ability to attract and co-opt, rather than coerce. In other words, soft power involves shaping the preferences of others through appeal and attraction.

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"All quite sad really, would be good if Europe could perform better then we could export to them as well. Looks like we will do increasing trade with the rest of the world instead for a few years:

“The loss of the UK's financial power has sparked an economic crisis inside the EU, according to one leading European political expert. Robert Oulds, who is the director of the Bruges Group, said that Brexit had blown a huge hole through EU finances and Brussels may not survive another economic crisis. Britain's departure has already left a £65billion (€75bn) hole in the EU budget.”"

" Brussels runs out of money"

Then I'd suggest Belgium looks at how they fund the regional municipalities.

As for the body of your post then it makes no sense at all compared to your thread title.

Confusion reigns strong with you

Now where's that tired emoji??"

Actually, we have just paid them £28,000 in the last 5 minutes

Quoting Robert Oulds though. Which is like quoting Ronald McDonald on vegan food and pretending it's fact. I take it you dont rate the guy then? I personally had never heard of him before today, what has he said before to make you post that statement."

Feel free to Google him and the Bruges group and make up your own mind if they're a credible, unbias source of information.

Manchester

I thought it had already been explained how countries measured GDP differently?

The UK is poised to bounce back far faster than the rest of the EU post covid. And even without covid the EU was facing a financial crisis anyway, nothing to do with our contributions, though that doesn't help "

So 27 countries are deceiving us with GDP calculations?

Our own government agree we will grow quicker but having fallen further it will be from a lower beginning so still not catch up overall.

Every Brexit scenario published by the U.K. government shows a loss for the U.K. and we will be worse off. What are you trying to celebrate?

Also remember GDP isn’t profit it’s turnover. So like the Japanese deal our turnover with Japan will increase marginally but the profit so wealth will go more towards Japan as a result. So Japan better off whereas we just turn over more.

Actually, we have just paid them £28,000 in the last 5 minutes "

You're figures are wrong

You're figures are wrong "

Are they ?

westerham

I think we should allow Spain, Greece and Italy to become a part of our Empire though and not just customers "

If we consider the number of Spanish Greek and Italian youngsters who have fled to The UK for a job, they kind of already are.

Manchester

Would you be happy if China continue to grow their investments and eventually own everything in the U.K. ? The EU is a cuddly toy in comparison.

In politics, soft power is the ability to attract and co-opt, rather than coerce. In other words, soft power involves shaping the preferences of others through appeal and attraction."

So you’re happy with the China model ok you run with that as a good thing.

If it’s preferable trading that’s what we did in the EU. Strange how things turn out. We didn’t have any gunboats rocking up to join the EU.

Let’s see how much we can softly coerce the Chinese and Americans as that’s what I keep being told is our target market. Remember we have 45% of our market to find if the EU is going to go up in a puff of smoke next week .

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"

I'm genuinely curious.

Sounds like insecurity to me."

There's nothing positive that's happening because of Brexit for leavers to boast about so leavers only have the option left of picking out problems within the EU to justify their reason for voting to leave because they've shit & bust massively on their main points of Brexit.

near ipswich

Quoting Robert Oulds though. Which is like quoting Ronald McDonald on vegan food and pretending it's fact. I take it you dont rate the guy then? I personally had never heard of him before today, what has he said before to make you post that statement.

Feel free to Google him and the Bruges group and make up your own mind if they're a credible, unbias source of information."

yeah i know just wanted to know why you were comparing him to ronald mc donald.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

A new low."

In politics, soft power is the ability to attract and co-opt, rather than coerce. In other words, soft power involves shaping the preferences of others through appeal and attraction.

If it’s preferable trading that’s what we did in the EU. Strange how things turn out. We didn’t have any gunboats rocking up to join the EU.

Let’s see how much we can softly coerce the Chinese and Americans as that’s what I keep being told is our target market. Remember we have 45% of our market to find if the EU is going to go up in a puff of smoke next week .

"

I never once said I was happy with the China model. I was merely pointing out that Chris has never said he wants an Empire through hard power, in fact, he says the complete opposite.

westerham

You're figures are wrong

Are they ? "

You keep quoting these “paying in” figures as if they are either true or that they even support your remoaner argument. Baffling.

Cold, hard reality is hurtling towards Brussels like Barnier to the whisky cabinet, and they really are gonna need the UK and the IMF to prop them up.

You're figures are wrong

Are they ?

You keep quoting these “paying in” figures as if they are either true or that they even support your remoaner argument. Baffling.

Cold, hard reality is hurtling towards Brussels like Barnier to the whisky cabinet, and they really are gonna need the UK and the IMF to prop them up.

"

£340,000 an hour Chris

"

That market would still be there and would be even stronger without the incompetent protectionist EU commission running things

I never once said I was happy with the China model. I was merely pointing out that Chris has never said he wants an Empire through hard power, in fact, he says the complete opposite."

This plan to reinstate the British Empire is a little light on details.

Could you guys elaborate on what you're advocating here?

Maybe that will alleviate some of the negative responses to this proposal.

I never once said I was happy with the China model. I was merely pointing out that Chris has never said he wants an Empire through hard power, in fact, he says the complete opposite.

Maybe that will alleviate some of the negative responses to this proposal."

Who is advocating it? Chris speaks of it but actually he speaks of it much less than those opposing it

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

to start with the foreign office will be re-named the east india company

Manchester

That market would still be there and would be even stronger without the incompetent protectionist EU commission running things "

So they are doing better than us and they are the incompetent ones . Interesting reasoning.

Who is advocating it? Chris speaks of it but actually he speaks of it much less than those opposing it "

Because his idea is low on details, and he never elaborates on how he wants to achieve this, what this return to the empire means, or why he thinks it's a good idea.

Why would anyone throw this out there so much, if you don't want to talk about it?

Who is advocating it? Chris speaks of it but actually he speaks of it much less than those opposing it

Because his idea is low on details, and he never elaborates on how he wants to achieve this, what this return to the empire means, or why he thinks it's a good idea.

Why would anyone throw this out there so much, if you don't want to talk about it? "

Well that's a question for him isn't it.

Who is advocating it other than Chris?

Why would anyone throw this out there so much, if you don't want to talk about it?

Who is advocating it other than Chris?"

Few people seemed supportive.

I don't know. I'm just asking a few basic level questions.

That market would still be there and would be even stronger without the incompetent protectionist EU commission running things

So they are doing better than us and they are the incompetent ones . Interesting reasoning. "

Err, no they are not. Did you miss the vaccine 'fiasco'? Have you never seen unemployment levels across the EU?

I don't know. I'm just asking a few basic level questions."

You're the one who said 'you guys'. Surely you must know who you were directing that at

You're the one who said 'you guys'. Surely you must know who you were directing that at "

I'll leave that open to anyone who has been supportive of this idea to return to the days of the Empire.

You're the one who said 'you guys'. Surely you must know who you were directing that at

I'll leave that open to anyone who has been supportive of this idea to return to the days of the Empire."

Thought as much

westerham

Why would anyone throw this out there so much, if you don't want to talk about it? "

There will be many cornerstones to the New British Empire.

For a start, the Brexit Festival will be accessible to all the countries of the world, particularly to the Europeans, so they can admire, appreciate and be educated in the British Spirit and Way of Life - a life of relentless “can do” and positivity.

An inclusive society where all are welcome to use the British template of modesty, institution and history to further their own ambitions.

For a start, the Brexit Festival will be accessible to all the countries of the world, particularly to the Europeans, so they can admire, appreciate and be educated in the British Spirit and Way of Life - a life of relentless “can do” and positivity.

An inclusive society where all are welcome to use the British template of modesty, institution and history to further their own ambitions."

Where are they hosting the ‘Brexit Festival ‘ ?

An inclusive society where all are welcome to use the British template of modesty, institution and history to further their own ambitions."

Anything else? Because it doesn't sound like an empire so far.

A crap festival that only leave voters are welcome at, and a divided society for the world to look at.

Manchester

So thousands of years of European culture and success is beneath our own! Interesting. I know you’ve been to Germany once . Have you been anywhere else? I wonder because your apparent ignorance in your statement of the so called lesser countries seems to show a complete lack of knowledge on European success and culture.

An inclusive society where all are welcome to use the British template of modesty, institution and history to further their own ambitions.

A crap festival that only leave voters are welcome at, and a divided society for the world to look at. "

Only divided in the minds of people who have refused to accept the result of the referendum and post about it online. I don't find any divisions in the real world and day to day life and neither I imagine do the 5 million EU citizens who have chosen to make this UK society their home

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"All quite sad really, would be good if Europe could perform better then we could export to them as well. Looks like we will do increasing trade with the rest of the world instead for a few years:

“The loss of the UK's financial power has sparked an economic crisis inside the EU, according to one leading European political expert. Robert Oulds, who is the director of the Bruges Group, said that Brexit had blown a huge hole through EU finances and Brussels may not survive another economic crisis. Britain's departure has already left a £65billion (€75bn) hole in the EU budget.”"

Europe was heading for bankrupsy anyway that is why it was so important we got out.

They EU structure is expensive cumbersome and ineficient.It is a crazy structure that cannot survive long term

liverpool

“The loss of the UK's financial power has sparked an economic crisis inside the EU, according to one leading European political expert. Robert Oulds, who is the director of the Bruges Group, said that Brexit had blown a huge hole through EU finances and Brussels may not survive another economic crisis. Britain's departure has already left a £65billion (€75bn) hole in the EU budget.”Europe was heading for bankrupsy anyway that is why it was so important we got out.

They EU structure is expensive cumbersome and ineficient.It is a crazy structure that cannot survive long term"

Yep it's only be going for nearly 5 decades .

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

I would be more interested in if the story is true or not. What paper ect that reports it does not bother me.

“The loss of the UK's financial power has sparked an economic crisis inside the EU, according to one leading European political expert. Robert Oulds, who is the director of the Bruges Group, said that Brexit had blown a huge hole through EU finances and Brussels may not survive another economic crisis. Britain's departure has already left a £65billion (€75bn) hole in the EU budget.”Europe was heading for bankrupsy anyway that is why it was so important we got out.

They EU structure is expensive cumbersome and ineficient.It is a crazy structure that cannot survive long term

"

liverpool

Didnt we join the eec in 1973?

"Didnt we join the eec in 1973?"

The EEC is not the EU though. Hence the whole argument to leave

"Didnt we join the eec in 1973?"

Yes. Not the EU. The people weren't given a say on EU membership. You can blame the Tories for that

liverpool

"Didnt we join the eec in 1973?

The EEC is not the EU though. Hence the whole argument to leave "

But it was a precusor to the eu was it not?

Manchester

They EU structure is expensive cumbersome and ineficient.It is a crazy structure that cannot survive long term"

Have you looked at our fabulous government set up lately? The EU is a positive bargain compared to our money squandering incompetent bunch.

liverpool

Why was there not a referendum in 93?

"Why was there not a referendum in 93?"

Because the Tories knew the people would vote against it. Even the Labour Party voted against the Maastricht Treaty

"Didnt we join the eec in 1973?

The EEC is not the EU though. Hence the whole argument to leave

But it was a precusor to the eu was it not?

"

The EU was created with the Maastricht treaty. So in effect the EEC was not a precursor as it changed with that agreement.

Maybe you should check the definition of precursor

liverpool

"Why was there not a referendum in 93?

Because the Tories knew the people would vote against it. Even the Labour Party voted against the Maastricht Treaty"

How did they know the people would vote against it?

westerham

A crap festival that only leave voters are welcome at, and a divided society for the world to look at. "

Anything else you say? Tons of things, but as I’ve never seen you make a positive post about anything, we both know it would be pointless to expound further with you.

Because the Tories knew the people would vote against it. Even the Labour Party voted against the Maastricht Treaty

How did they know the people would vote against it?"

Mind readers

How did they know the people would vote against it?"

Because the majority of people aren't rich or stupid. And the Tories got kicked out at the next election for signing us up to it. That and because Blair promised to hold a referendum on it if elected, which of course he reneged on

liverpool

Because the majority of people aren't rich or stupid. And the Tories got kicked out at the next election for signing us up to it. That and because Blair promised to hold a referendum on it if elected, which of course he reneged on"

The tories got kicked out because people were sick of years of tory rule.

Fuck all to do with europe

Because the majority of people aren't rich or stupid. And the Tories got kicked out at the next election for signing us up to it. That and because Blair promised to hold a referendum on it if elected, which of course he reneged on

"

Are you sure about that?

Do you actually claim to know why people voted?

liverpool

Are you sure about that?

Do you actually claim to know why people voted?"

Was the no 1 labour manifesto of the 1997 election to leave the eu?

liverpool

When labour came to power Tony blaor was seen as the most pro European pm since Edward heath and new labour was committed to the eu

Source oxford academic.

Are you sure about that?

Was the no 1 labour manifesto of the 1997 election to leave the eu?"

Did the Tories take us into the EU and were all about Europe? They paid the price for that. Labour didn't even need a manifesto

Are you sure about that?

Was the no 1 labour manifesto of the 1997 election to leave the eu?"

No. Did it need to be?

liverpool

Are you sure about that?

Did the Tories take us into the EU and were all about Europe? They paid the price for that. Labour didn't even need a manifesto "

Did labour win.the 97 election on the basis of talking us out of Europe?

Yes or no?

liverpool

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?"

The claim was made that the tories lost the election because we were in europe.

Logic dictates therefore that labour won the election on Tue basis of taking is out

"When labour came to power Tony blaor was seen as the most pro European pm since Edward heath and new labour was committed to the eu

Source oxford academic."

Pmsl

Have you never heard of John Major? You've surely posted that for a laugh? Tony Blair only became an MP in the first place because of his campaigns in the North East against the Eec

liverpool

"When labour came to power Tony blaor was seen as the most pro European pm since Edward heath and new labour was committed to the eu

Source oxford academic.

Pmsl

Have you never heard of John Major? You've surely posted that for a laugh? Tony Blair only became an MP in the first place because of his campaigns in the North East against the Eec "

So new labour were anti eu?

Source oxford academic.

Pmsl

Have you never heard of John Major? You've surely posted that for a laugh? Tony Blair only became an MP in the first place because of his campaigns in the North East against the Eec

So new labour were anti eu?"

No, they were wankers who went back on their word and principles once they got into power

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

Logic dictates therefore that labour won the election on Tue basis of taking is out"

The claim was made that Blair promised a referendum

liverpool

Source oxford academic.

Pmsl

No, they were wankers who went back on their word and principles once they got into power "

Source oxford academic.

Pmsl

No, they were wankers who went back on their word and principles once they got into power

"

I'm sure you've even described new labour as Tories yourself

liverpool

Source oxford academic.

Pmsl

I'm sure you've even described new labour as Tories yourself "

I'm not defending new labour.

Im saying the argument that the reason the tories were kicked out of power in 97 was because of europe is bollocks.

The 97 manifesto barely mentions europe aoart from saying not being at the table would be disastrous

No one was arsed about eueope in 97 apart from the daily mail readership.

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

Logic dictates therefore that labour won the election on Tue basis of taking is out

The claim was made that Blair promised a referendum"

Why did he get re-elected twice then ?

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

Why did he get re-elected twice then ? "

How would I know? I've said time and time again I don't claim to know why people cast their votes

Source oxford academic.

Pmsl

Im saying the argument that the reason the tories were kicked out of power in 97 was because of europe is bollocks.

The 97 manifesto barely mentions europe aoart from saying not being at the table would be disastrous

No one was arsed about eueope in 97 apart from the daily mail readership. "

So why did Blair say he would hold a referendum if elected?

Nobody was arsed about Europe then?

Just because you don't remember discussions around the Euro etc doesn't mean nobody else was interested

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

How would I know? I've said time and time again I don't claim to know why people cast their votes"

Exactly,

northeast

A crap festival that only leave voters are welcome at, and a divided society for the world to look at.

Anything else you say? Tons of things, but as I’ve never seen you make a positive post about anything, we both know it would be pointless to expound further with you. "

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

How would I know? I've said time and time again I don't claim to know why people cast their votes

Exactly, "

What are you on about?

liverpool

Source oxford academic.

Pmsl

No one was arsed about eueope in 97 apart from the daily mail readership.

So why did Blair say he would hold a referendum if elected?

Nobody was arsed about Europe then?

Just because you don't remember discussions around the Euro etc doesn't mean nobody else was interested "

Probably something to do with the fact that his manifesto was pro eu

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

Exactly,

What are you on about? "

Nobody knows for certain why people voted for labour in the 1997 GE? Those who state it was because Blair promised a referendum are guessing , don’t you agree?

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

Exactly,

What are you on about?

Nobody knows for certain why people voted for labour in the 1997 GE? Those who state it was because Blair promised a referendum are guessing , don’t you agree? "

Yes I agree. I never said anything to the contrary

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

Exactly,

What are you on about?

Nobody knows for certain why people voted for labour in the 1997 GE? Those who state it was because Blair promised a referendum are guessing , don’t you agree?

Yes I agree. I never said anything to the contrary"

Does this theory also apply to the 2016 EU referendum?

Are you sure about that?

No. Did it need to be?

Exactly,

What are you on about?

Yes I agree. I never said anything to the contrary

Does this theory also apply to the 2016 EU referendum? "

The theory applies to almost anything. Unless someone explicitly tells you a reason for them doing something then you don't know.

Far too many people making assumptions and thinking they know what other people are doing, why they are doing it or what they're thinking.

liverpool

I'm sure someone will explain to me the connection between the PM in 1997 and a referendum some 20 years later.

I'm sure Pitt the younger was quite anti European too.

Was it his responsibility too?

P.S if Europe wasn't an issue, why did Blair also promise a referendum on the EU constitution in 2004? And didn't Cameron promise to hold a referendum if he got into power? And what happened?

liverpool

"P.S if Europe wasn't an issue, why did Blair also promise a referendum on the EU constitution in 2004? And didn't Cameron promise to hold a referendum if he got into power? And what happened? "

For the 2nd time.

By the fact that it was barely mentioned in the manifesto and when it was, it was seen as a positive, is a bit of a give away.

"P.S if Europe wasn't an issue, why did Blair also promise a referendum on the EU constitution in 2004? And didn't Cameron promise to hold a referendum if he got into power? And what happened?

For the 2nd time.

By the fact that it was barely mentioned in the manifesto and when it was, it was seen as a positive, is a bit of a give away."

I don't understand what you're saying there but the outcome was that after 23 years of pissin about and denying a democratic vote the people finally got what they wanted and we left the EU

Let’s face it, all news is from Newsquest- newspapers copy and paste according to their readership remit. Newspapers feed their readers. Don’t expect truth from any of them, even broadsheets.

Anything else you say? Tons of things, but as I’ve never seen you make a positive post about anything, we both know it would be pointless to expound further with you. "

Your two strongest points are weak, have nothing to do with an empire, and don't really make sense. So I should imagine your next tier answers would be interesting to hear.

westerham

Anything else you say? Tons of things, but as I’ve never seen you make a positive post about anything, we both know it would be pointless to expound further with you.

Your two strongest points are weak, have nothing to do with an empire, and don't really make sense. So I should imagine your next tier answers would be interesting to hear. "

Yep proves my point, superb

Your two strongest points are weak, have nothing to do with an empire, and don't really make sense. So I should imagine your next tier answers would be interesting to hear.

Yep proves my point, superb "

So we're still non-the-wiser what you want to return to the days of the empire for, how you suggest we do it, and why that would be a good thing.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

when the union collapses in a couple of years time and the celtic nations have moved on to pastures new, england will be left like the d*unk at the bar pestering people, with lines like washed up boxer terry malloy in Waterfront, "You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

As today the number of single vaccinations administered in the U.K. passes the notable figure of 17.4 million perhaps this is an opportune moment to say “thank you” to all those who have made it possible.

liverpool

Well done to the NHS and all involved

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

A new low."

Then fancy it being on a news source that most other new agencies pay to get their news from.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-budget-idUKKBN20D2V0

Shocking indeed. - Not.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"As today the number of single vaccinations administered in the U.K. passes the notable figure of 17.4 million perhaps this is an opportune moment to say “thank you” to all those who have made it possible.

"

Well done to the Gmnt! For taking an early punt on securing those vaccines.

Also the 12 week gamble.

Long May she reign.

A new low.

Then fancy it being on a news source that most other new agencies pay to get their news from.

Shocking indeed. - Not."

Mmhmm

I was commenting on the OPs choice of news sources. It explains a lot.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

"

But the story is TRUE. DM or nay. And the story was what the OP posted after all.

Gruniad is too full of elitist and rich lefties that return their castles in the evening. Morning Star darlinks !!!

"Gruniad is too full of elitist and rich lefties that return their castles in the evening. Morning Star darlinks !!!"

Just say no kids

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

But the story is TRUE. DM or nay. And the story was what the OP posted after all."

I wouldn't bother wasting your time. Been there already today

"Gruniad is too full of elitist and rich lefties that return their castles in the evening. Morning Star darlinks !!!"

okay.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

But the story is TRUE. DM or nay. And the story was what the OP posted after all."

The story is true but it’s contents are bollocks

northeast

[Removed by poster at 21/02/21 17:54:09]

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

But the story is TRUE. DM or nay. And the story was what the OP posted after all.

The story is true but it’s contents are bollocks "

But you've already rubbished the type and the person who said it.

Are you now saying he didn't tell lies?

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

The story is about Robert Ould. The Express love him.

The story is, "Person who hates the EU says some stuff about the EU."

It's not even vaguely interesting. But the OP has some pretty out there ideas, so it's interesting to see he reads the Daily Mail and Express, which goes some way to explaining some of theit bizarre notions.

northeast

"As today the number of single vaccinations administered in the U.K. passes the notable figure of 17.4 million perhaps this is an opportune moment to say “thank you” to all those who have made it possible.

Also the 12 week gamble.

Long May she reign. "

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

The story is true but it’s contents are bollocks "

So. How can it be true but bollocks?

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Are you now saying he didn't tell lies?"

The type and the person who said it?

liverpool

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

The type and the person who said it? "

Was it another lowlife?

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

"

I shall rephrase. The story exists but it’s contents are bollocks, a bit like something from the stories and fantasies section on here

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

The type and the person who said it? "

My bad, it wasn't you. Apologies

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Was it another lowlife?"

Was it? I haven't called anyone a lowlife

liverpool

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Was it another lowlife?

Was it? I haven't called anyone a lowlife"

Dont think I said you did

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

Not in its present form

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Was it another lowlife?

Dont think I said you did"

You quoted my text so I would assume you're asking me if it was 'another lowlife'. Being that I haven't called anyone a lowlife, how can there possibly be 'another'?

Not in its present form"

27 years

liverpool

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Was it another lowlife?

You quoted my text so I would assume you're asking me if it was 'another lowlife'. Being that I haven't called anyone a lowlife, how can there possibly be 'another'?"

Nope it wasmt aimed at you.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Was it another lowlife?

You quoted my text so I would assume you're asking me if it was 'another lowlife'. Being that I haven't called anyone a lowlife, how can there possibly be 'another'?

Nope it wasmt aimed at you."

But you quoted my comment, hence the confusion.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

I shall rephrase. The story exists but it’s contents are bollocks, a bit like something from the stories and fantasies section on here "

So. Really it's just your opinion of the person who said it - not believing that they have it right? But not really the DM who got it wrong?

So. perhaps you could have just said - I don't believe the person who's story it is. Not 'a new low for posting it from the DM?

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

I shall rephrase. The story exists but it’s contents are bollocks, a bit like something from the stories and fantasies section on here

So. Really it's just your opinion of the person who said it - not believing that they have it right? But not really the DM who got it wrong?

So. perhaps you could have just said - I don't believe the person who's story it is. Not 'a new low for posting it from the DM?

"

It was the Daily Express ,

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

So when we had an opinion piece last week that was of an opposite stance albeit on a vaccine subject it was held up as gospel.

Weird.

Ah yes do as I say etc.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

It was the Daily Express , "

Wrong it was - Robert Oulds. The DM and several other news outlets reported what he said.

milton keynes

Also the 12 week gamble.

Long May she reign. "

Yes well done to all involved from top to bottom. Also as mentioned above the 12 gap seems to be the most effective.

milton keynes

Also the 12 week gamble.

Long May she reign. "

Yes well done to all involved from top to bottom. Also as mentioned above the 12 gap seems to be the most effective route

westerham

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Wrong it was - Robert Oulds. The DM and several other news outlets reported what he said."

Mind you it’s even worse than that. Rubbishing any and every source if it’s a story they don’t like, and not a single substantive response as to why Robert Oulds is wrong.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Wrong it was - Robert Oulds. The DM and several other news outlets reported what he said.

Mind you it’s even worse than that. Rubbishing any and every source if it’s a story they don’t like, and not a single substantive response as to why Robert Oulds is wrong."

Precisely.

It would be good to have discussion/debate on the Politics board for a change.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Mind you it’s even worse than that. Rubbishing any and every source if it’s a story they don’t like, and not a single substantive response as to why Robert Oulds is wrong."

Nothing to do with the source reporting something we don't like. It's about critical thinking, and understanding the agenda in which the story is published. And in this case the agenda of the person and organisation they're quoting.

The story itself is utterly inane. It's not worth debating.

The interesting point here is that you read and trust the Daily Express.

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Mind you it’s even worse than that. Rubbishing any and every source if it’s a story they don’t like, and not a single substantive response as to why Robert Oulds is wrong.

Nothing to do with the source reporting something we don't like. It's about critical thinking, and understanding the agenda in which the story is published. And in this case the agenda of the person and organisation they're quoting.

The interesting point here is that you read and trust the Daily Express. "

I'm actually astonished that you care more for what newspaper someone reads than you are about the actual news.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Are you saying the story is false or that you don't like the fact its been reported? To you it may not be worth debating which of course is fine but to others they may want to debate it

westerham

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

Third biggest net contributor leaves the EU....

10 billion Euro hole in finances...

Equals inane? Just lol.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

A new low.

Shocking indeed. - Not.

Mmhmm

The interesting point here is that you read and trust the Daily Express.

Third biggest net contributor leaves the EU....

10 billion Euro hole in finances...

Equals inane? Just lol. "

I'm sure the other bid players will prop it up as it would like we got out just in time the likes of Grease is going to need help shit if we now have an extra deat is 400 billion due to covid I'm glad we are not thrown more money in the kitty.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Just to be clear, the EU Budget Cycle is for 7 years, so it would have cost the UK less than £10bn a year - interesting how low this is compared to the £18.2bn a year Boris claimed (£350m a week).

westerham

“The loss of the UK's financial power has sparked an economic crisis inside the EU, according to one leading European political expert. Robert Oulds, who is the director of the Bruges Group, said that Brexit had blown a huge hole through EU finances and Brussels may not survive another economic crisis. Britain's departure has already left a £65billion (€75bn) hole in the EU budget.”

Just to be clear, the EU Budget Cycle is for 7 years, so it would have cost the UK less than £10bn a year - interesting how low this is compared to the £18.2bn a year Boris claimed (£350m a week). "

In my experience, it’s usually remainers who struggle with the concept of gross and net contributions.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Just to be clear, the EU Budget Cycle is for 7 years, so it would have cost the UK less than £10bn a year - interesting how low this is compared to the £18.2bn a year Boris claimed (£350m a week). "

Yet bless him no Mps are good with numbers

Chudleigh

Just to be clear, the EU Budget Cycle is for 7 years, so it would have cost the UK less than £10bn a year - interesting how low this is compared to the £18.2bn a year Boris claimed (£350m a week).

In my experience, it’s usually remainers who struggle with the concept of gross and net contributions."

You didn’t mention which it was? But the facts are still the facts - Boris lied about an extra £350m a week for the NHS

near ipswich

In my experience, it’s usually remainers who struggle with the concept of gross and net contributions.

You didn’t mention which it was? But the facts are still the facts - Boris lied about an extra £350m a week for the NHS "

How much would it have cost the uk putting in to the eu covid recovery fund ? france reckons it will be 40 billion out of pocket.

Chudleigh

You didn’t mention which it was? But the facts are still the facts - Boris lied about an extra £350m a week for the NHS How much would it have cost the uk putting in to the eu covid recovery fund ? france reckons it will be 40 billion out of pocket."

I think we are a lot more than that out of pocket, I am continually astounded by the the ‘Emperors followers’ who still think he has beautiful clothes - Brexit is naked & ugly. Give up trying to pretend otherwise

near ipswich

You didn’t mention which it was? But the facts are still the facts - Boris lied about an extra £350m a week for the NHS How much would it have cost the uk putting in to the eu covid recovery fund ? france reckons it will be 40 billion out of pocket.

I think we are a lot more than that out of pocket, I am continually astounded by the the ‘Emperors followers’ who still think he has beautiful clothes - Brexit is naked & ugly. Give up trying to pretend otherwise "

So are they thats just the money they have to give to other eu countries that is on top of sorting their own shit out.

Chudleigh

You didn’t mention which it was? But the facts are still the facts - Boris lied about an extra £350m a week for the NHS How much would it have cost the uk putting in to the eu covid recovery fund ? france reckons it will be 40 billion out of pocket.

I think we are a lot more than that out of pocket, I am continually astounded by the the ‘Emperors followers’ who still think he has beautiful clothes - Brexit is naked & ugly. Give up trying to pretend otherwise So are they thats just the money they have to give to other eu countries that is on top of sorting their own shit out."

I’m pretty sure that with Covid and Brexit, we are a damn site worse off than if we had still been in the EU. I think ‘Track & Trace’ will end up costing £40bn, especially when Dido takes her cut

near ipswich

I think we are a lot more than that out of pocket, I am continually astounded by the the ‘Emperors followers’ who still think he has beautiful clothes - Brexit is naked & ugly. Give up trying to pretend otherwise So are they thats just the money they have to give to other eu countries that is on top of sorting their own shit out.

I’m pretty sure that with Covid and Brexit, we are a damn site worse off than if we had still been in the EU. I think ‘Track & Trace’ will end up costing £40bn, especially when Dido takes her cut "

As i said before that is the money they have to give to other countries they still have their track and trace to pay for along with all the other help they are dishing out.Or are you saying that the uk is a lot more generous in helping out their citizens?

Chudleigh

You didn’t mention which it was? But the facts are still the facts - Boris lied about an extra £350m a week for the NHS "

...just answering you OP.