FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > UK Farmers profits up, Europe struggles

UK Farmers profits up, Europe struggles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

Looks like we might have to bail out Europe, while we power ahead:

"In a speech at the National Farmers’ Union, Environment Secretary George Eustice said that farmers were now benefiting from increased confidence because of leaving the European Union, with profits up in many sectors and lamb and beef prices at ten-year highs.

He went on to list the many benefits he believed would follow from leaving the EU, pointing to the UK’s self-sufficiency in food production increasing for the first time since 2014."

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"Looks like we might have to bail out Europe, while we power ahead:

"In a speech at the National Farmers’ Union, Environment Secretary George Eustice said that farmers were now benefiting from increased confidence because of leaving the European Union, with profits up in many sectors and lamb and beef prices at ten-year highs.

He went on to list the many benefits he believed would follow from leaving the EU, pointing to the UK’s self-sufficiency in food production increasing for the first time since 2014.""

Government minister praises government policy, wow.

westerham

Great news though dont you agree

Thornaby

"Great news though dont you agree "

no way of knowing if it's accurate as it's simply spin

By *leyxxxMan  over a year ago

Southampton/London/Bristol

I would wait for next few months and see what hard data says about farming, economy.

westerham

"Great news though dont you agree

"

Seems to be accurate from my research yes. Future looking rosy yeah?

Thornaby

Seems to be accurate from my research yes. Future looking rosy yeah? "

I'll park it in the same space as "world leading track and trace"

By *leyxxxMan  over a year ago

Southampton/London/Bristol

From my research self sufficiency is due to problems in ports, which caused prices to go up.

Great success.

westerham

"From my research self sufficiency is due to problems in ports, which caused prices to go up.

Great success. "

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Gray remoaner twilight...

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Seems to be accurate from my research yes. Future looking rosy yeah? "

Do some more research Chris

The summing up response by the chairman for the NFU said in a dismissive tone “so basically a work in progress but no results or answers as yet” hardly a ringing endorsement. .

Interestingly the minister was also heckled which is unheard of from the NFU and the Liza truss accused of making a speech that didn’t actually say anything apart from how wonderful her deals in tne Far East are.

Thornaby

"From my research self sufficiency is due to problems in ports, which caused prices to go up.

Great success.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Gray remoaner twilight... "

Cheers for the quote, did you get it at the same time as the poster of a kitten on a twig with the legend "hang on in there?"

Manchester

Great success. "

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!!

westerham

Seems to be accurate from my research yes. Future looking rosy yeah?

Do some more research Chris

The summing up response by the chairman for the NFU said in a dismissive tone “so basically a work in progress but no results or answers as yet” hardly a ringing endorsement. .

Interestingly the minister was also heckled which is unheard of from the NFU and the Liza truss accused of making a speech that didn’t actually say anything apart from how wonderful her deals in tne Far East are. "

Blimey, NFU chairman sounds exactly like a certain fab remoaner. Or did you just make that up?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! "

So farm labourers are earning more since brexit surely you must be pleased for them?

westerham

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! So farm labourers are earning more since brexit surely you must be pleased for them?"

Play fair stick with the easier questions, no need to make remoaners heads spin....

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Market Analysts the one for this Market reads:

"Current market situation Prices GB finished lamb prices were strong for the majority of 2020, with prices well above the five-year average for most of the year. The GB liveweight NSL SQQ was at the highest level in at least five years from late June onwards, with prices almost consistently above 200p/kg. Domestic demand has been strong, with retail and takeaway growth more than compensating for lost eating-out opportunities and some decline in French demand. The trend so far is showing it likely to continue late in 2021"

Should have added

"UK sheep outlook January 2021"

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! "

from you who thinks low wages arnt good for people

thornaby

Great success.

Gray remoaner twilight...

Cheers for the quote, did you get it at the same time as the poster of a kitten on a twig with the legend "hang on in there?""

like I said on an earlier post never a positive word for the U.K. feel so sorry for some people must live in a world of gloom lol

Manchester

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! So farm labourers are earning more since brexit surely you must be pleased for them?"

I’m definitely not delighted that costs are going up just as was predicted by the remainers and their project fear campaign . Struggling to see the lowering of prices with our new global deal??

Farmers a bit pissed at more expensive costs making them less competitive on exports but again yes let’s spin this into a good story.

Scottish seed potato farmers don’t need to worry they can just go home and wait for the super new deals to work.

Oh wait U.K. worker agency making a killing out of desperate farmers yes that’s a positive. Rubbing their hands with glee. The Eastern European labour came here to make money and that’s what they did. If they weren’t happy they wouldn’t have come.

Anyway let’s stick to your point about the positive conference I’m curious about your blatantly wrong interpretation. Seems you have been at the learning how to spin book again. Maybe you call it selective reporting

Who knew I would be researching sheepies today . . .

"In the week ending 13 February, the GB deadweight OSL SQQ rose by nearly 13p to average 593.3p/kg. Prices continue to run well above the five-year average and are 71p higher when compared to the same week last year. Despite reports of difficulties in exporting, demand for lambs here and for carcases on the continent is reported to be strong, against a tight supply-side picture. Without an erosion in demand, prices could continue to receive support for some weeks."

France Down -11.1

EU 27 Down -3.1

Manchester

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! from you who thinks low wages arnt good for people "

If the labourer got it I would be happy but sadly the agency still pay the same but charge more to their clients . But don’t let it spoilt the positive eh.

near ipswich

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! from you who thinks low wages arnt good for people

If the labourer got it I would be happy but sadly the agency still pay the same but charge more to their clients . But don’t let it spoilt the positive eh. "

I didnt realise all farm workers were agency.

thornaby

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! So farm labourers are earning more since brexit surely you must be pleased for them?

I’m definitely not delighted that costs are going up just as was predicted by the remainers and their project fear campaign . Struggling to see the lowering of prices with our new global deal??

Farmers a bit pissed at more expensive costs making them less competitive on exports but again yes let’s spin this into a good story.

Scottish seed potato farmers don’t need to worry they can just go home and wait for the super new deals to work.

Oh wait U.K. worker agency making a killing out of desperate farmers yes that’s a positive. Rubbing their hands with glee. The Eastern European labour came here to make money and that’s what they did. If they weren’t happy they wouldn’t have come.

Anyway let’s stick to your point about the positive conference I’m curious about your blatantly wrong interpretation. Seems you have been at the learning how to spin book again. Maybe you call it selective reporting "

I cpouldnt care less if the farmers have to increase wages in my book low paid workers getting paid more Is a good thing wages have been pushed back for to long maybe your not arsed about the people at the bottom of the pile btw it was you who said farmers labour costs have risen

Manchester

"Who knew I would be researching sheepies today . . .

"In the week ending 13 February, the GB deadweight OSL SQQ rose by nearly 13p to average 593.3p/kg. Prices continue to run well above the five-year average and are 71p higher when compared to the same week last year. Despite reports of difficulties in exporting, demand for lambs here and for carcases on the continent is reported to be strong, against a tight supply-side picture. Without an erosion in demand, prices could continue to receive support for some weeks."

France Down -11.1

EU 27 Down -3.1

"

This is great news for farmers. Don’t forget to deduct their export costs ! That kind of blows the increase sadly.

Not sure how it’s relevant to increase labour costs for picking though ?

I’m pretty sure shep the dog has always been able cope without an influx of European labour .

Maybe the sheep are remainer activists and causing trouble in the top field !

Manchester

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! So farm labourers are earning more since brexit surely you must be pleased for them?

Anyway let’s stick to your point about the positive conference I’m curious about your blatantly wrong interpretation. Seems you have been at the learning how to spin book again. Maybe you call it selective reporting I cpouldnt care less if the farmers have to increase wages in my book low paid workers getting paid more Is a good thing wages have been pushed back for to long maybe your not arsed about the people at the bottom of the pile btw it was you who said farmers labour costs have risen "

Foxy you’re getting upset and missing the point.

Brexit is supposed to Lower prices. How can it if costs go up?

On exports

To add to the labour costs there’s customs, vets, increased transport it goes on.

If they can’t sell abroad because they are too expensive they have to sell in the U.K. creating over supply like the shellfish boys and with over supply comes lower prices resulting lower wages than before, or in some cases bankruptcy .

Once the weak are out of the game that leaves the big companies to set prices and we all lose.

Economics is a messy business

thornaby

Pmsl lagging am I upset I’m over moon low paid wages are rising mate I’m all for that thought you where

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He went on to list the many benefits he believed would follow from leaving the EU, pointing to the UK’s self-sufficiency in food production increasing for the first time since 2014.""

Obsessed

near ipswich

well there goes the discussions for today what shift you on tomorrow fab?

"well there goes the discussions for today what shift you on tomorrow fab?"

"well there goes the discussions for today what shift you on tomorrow fab?"

Not sure, I didn’t realise I wielded such power and influence on here

near ipswich

you dont you just lower the tone mate you have posted the same word on three threads a tad childish dont you think?

"

Obsessed "

With saying this.

"you dont you just lower the tone mate you have posted the same word on three threads a tad childish dont you think?"

Not at all, I am childish but lobster Chris is a beacon of maturity? My replies reflect the quality of the thread . I will take note of your feedback and will strive to elaborate on one word responses in the future

Manchester

"Pmsl lagging am I upset I’m over moon low paid wages are rising mate I’m all for that thought you where "

I am and if it was purely a domestic market I would be happy . Sadly we will be importing cheaper food from places with lower standards which will undercut our farmers.

The USA being a prime target for our government.

The EU protected our food supply from low quality imports.

Manchester

Great success.

Some farmers (reporting from the NFU) requiring Labour have reported 50% increases in labour costs since 2016. Sunny uplands here we go!! from you who thinks low wages arnt good for people

If the labourer got it I would be happy but sadly the agency still pay the same but charge more to their clients . But don’t let it spoilt the positive eh. I didnt realise all farm workers were agency."

No you’re right the farmer rings Traian and Marius and another 50 guys he’s knows in Bucharest and says fancy a few hours next week?

westerham

"you dont you just lower the tone mate you have posted the same word on three threads a tad childish dont you think?

Not at all, I am childish but lobster Chris is a beacon of maturity? My replies reflect the quality of the thread . I will take note of your feedback and will strive to elaborate on one word responses in the future "

You're just upset the pound went upto 1.17 today

"you dont you just lower the tone mate you have posted the same word on three threads a tad childish dont you think?

Not at all, I am childish but lobster Chris is a beacon of maturity? My replies reflect the quality of the thread . I will take note of your feedback and will strive to elaborate on one word responses in the future

You're just upset the pound went upto 1.17 today "

Why would I be upset Chris? I stand to benefit from this as much as you do, I am looking forward to it getting back to pre referendum levels . Just checked it’s 1.16, what is the yearly average

thornaby

"Pmsl lagging am I upset I’m over moon low paid wages are rising mate I’m all for that thought you where

I am and if it was purely a domestic market I would be happy . Sadly we will be importing cheaper food from places with lower standards which will undercut our farmers.

The EU protected our food supply from low quality imports. "

so if they indercut them will they have to lower wages then ? I thought we had a minimum wage in the U.K.

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 24/02/21 17:30:23]

Manchester

"Pmsl lagging am I upset I’m over moon low paid wages are rising mate I’m all for that thought you where

The EU protected our food supply from low quality imports. so if they indercut them will they have to lower wages then ? I thought we had a minimum wage in the U.K. "

Typo responding to wrong person

You said you were happy labour costs were going up and I said yes that’s good if it was the worker getting the money.

His wage wasn’t going up and if it did then with cheaper imports it will go down again ( to the minimum)

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I do try to shop local from local suppliers. But was this also about Christmas when more people are happy to pay more for quality food instead of mass produced cheaper supplies.

thornaby

The EU protected our food supply from low quality imports. so if they indercut them will they have to lower wages then ? I thought we had a minimum wage in the U.K.

You said you were happy labour costs were going up and I said yes that’s good if it was the worker getting the money.

His wage wasn’t going up and if it did then with cheaper imports it will go down again ( to the minimum)

"

how do you know the worker isn’t getting the rise in wage how do you know that it’s the agency ? and let them enjoy a few more pounds in there pockets before it goes down then I can’t see your argument tbh

Manchester

The EU protected our food supply from low quality imports. so if they indercut them will they have to lower wages then ? I thought we had a minimum wage in the U.K.

how do you know the worker isn’t getting the rise in wage how do you know that it’s the agency ? and let them enjoy a few more pounds in there pockets before it goes down then I can’t see your argument tbh "

I know from second hand experience ie farmers I know.. I’m from Lincs remember.

The only agencies that pass on big numbers are those used when a nurse quits one week and then gets twice the rate the following week working through an agency doing the same job. But then the NHS is paying so that’s fine.

Gang masters and agencies are not controlled enough regarding percentages. Not all are bad so it’s not fair sweeping all into one.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The remoaners will be in tears love it

He went on to list the many benefits he believed would follow from leaving the EU, pointing to the UK’s self-sufficiency in food production increasing for the first time since 2014."The remoaners will be in tears love it"

Manchester

He went on to list the many benefits he believed would follow from leaving the EU, pointing to the UK’s self-sufficiency in food production increasing for the first time since 2014."The remoaners will be in tears love it"

It’s been debunked above so no tears .. night night .

By *appytoadsCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Me thinks you guys will be paying more for your lamb chops and steakes....

near ipswich

"Me thinks you guys will be paying more for your lamb chops and steakes...."
whats your reasoning for thinking that?

A Reminder . . .

France Down -11.1

EU 27 Down -3.1

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

how do you know the worker isn’t getting the rise in wage how do you know that it’s the agency ? and let them enjoy a few more pounds in there pockets before it goes down then I can’t see your argument tbh

The only agencies that pass on big numbers are those used when a nurse quits one week and then gets twice the rate the following week working through an agency doing the same job. But then the NHS is paying so that’s fine.

Gang masters and agencies are not controlled enough regarding percentages. Not all are bad so it’s not fair sweeping all into one.

"

Aggency Nurse

The wife about to go back on to the bank as agency do not pay holiday covid time off no garenty of work. But that will mean as a specialist nurse band 7 other trusts will not be able to book her. At the moment she will move to where needed around 7 to 8 hospitals but will now be booked to just 1.

How dose overtime at time and a 3rd I get time and a half or double time Or time of in lue. Serstantif staff get time and a 3rd and when on 50k you are then taxed more so staff just not doing it.

Manchester

Aggency Nurse

The wife about to go back on to the bank as agency do not pay holiday covid time off no garenty of work. But that will mean as a specialist nurse band 7 other trusts will not be able to book her. At the moment she will move to where needed around 7 to 8 hospitals but will now be booked to just 1.

How dose overtime at time and a 3rd I get time and a half or double time Or time of in lue. Serstantif staff get time and a 3rd and when on 50k you are then taxed more so staff just not doing it."

My sister in law is paid nearly three times her original rate.

So maybe it’s down to area and qualifications .

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Couldnt be arsed starting a new thread

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/18088305.brexit-fuelled-rising-costs-factor-mcbride-closure/

A big leave area

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-wales-51592564?__twitter_impression=true

#winning

Nothing to do with Brexit obvs..probally just a coincidence

No doubt simply posting these links is evidence of negativity and hating your country.

thornaby

"Couldnt be arsed starting a new thread

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/18088305.brexit-fuelled-rising-costs-factor-mcbride-closure/

A big leave area

#winning

No doubt simply posting these links is evidence of negativity and hating your country."

if all you’ve ever done is talk negatively about your country what do you expect people to think Lionel

liverpool

A big leave area

#winning

No doubt simply posting these links is evidence of negativity and hating your country.if all you’ve ever done is talk negatively about your country what do you expect people to think Lionel "

Yep didmt see that coming

thornaby

A big leave area

#winning

No doubt simply posting these links is evidence of negativity and hating your country.if all you’ve ever done is talk negatively about your country what do you expect people to think Lionel

Yep didmt see that coming "

well howay man can you denie that almost every day for years most of your posts are negative towards your own country ?

liverpool

A big leave area

#winning

No doubt simply posting these links is evidence of negativity and hating your country.if all you’ve ever done is talk negatively about your country what do you expect people to think Lionel

Yep didmt see that coming well howay man can you denie that almost every day for years most of your posts are negative towards your own country ?"

I find it a bit strange that when someone posts about job gains,you are all over anyone who doesnt join in the big hurrah.

But in terms of job losses,you dont seem too be concerned.

You havemt even commentated on the actual story.

liverpool

A big leave area

#winning

Yep didmt see that coming well howay man can you denie that almost every day for years most of your posts are negative towards your own country ?"

So..if you post a link now to jobs going due to Brexit.

That is now unpatriotic?

Maybe we should ban anyone from posting such stories.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

[Removed by poster at 25/02/21 22:33:03]

Gloucestershire

He went on to list the many benefits he believed would follow from leaving the EU, pointing to the UK’s self-sufficiency in food production increasing for the first time since 2014."

Government minister praises government policy, wow."

Gloucestershire

"Great news though dont you agree "

Even better news tory government say they are bigger than Jesus!

thornaby

A big leave area

#winning

Yep didmt see that coming well howay man can you denie that almost every day for years most of your posts are negative towards your own country ?

I find it a bit strange that when someone posts about job gains,you are all over anyone who doesnt join in the big hurrah.

But in terms of job losses,you dont seem too be concerned.

You havemt even commentated on the actual story."

maybe I’m a positive person Lionel amd what story you o about now other side of that coin is I find it a bit strange that when someone posts about job loses you are all over it but when it’s jobs created your now where to be found see what I mean about negative mate

thornaby

A big leave area

#winning

Yep didmt see that coming well howay man can you denie that almost every day for years most of your posts are negative towards your own country ?

That is now unpatriotic?

Maybe we should ban anyone from posting such stories."

I think I said day after day for years most of everything you post is negative about yr country never mentioned a link I never read the links that’s why said what ya o about keep up mate lol

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunderlandecho.com/news/politics/council/sunderland-chief-demands-fair-share-of-post-brexit-cash-for-north-east-3144691%3famp

liverpool

A big leave area

#winning

That is now unpatriotic?

Maybe we should ban anyone from posting such stories.I think I said day after day for years most of everything you post is negative about yr country never mentioned a link I never read the links that’s why said what ya o about keep up mate lol"

Sound

thornaby

A big leave area

#winning

That is now unpatriotic?

Maybe we should ban anyone from posting such stories.I think I said day after day for years most of everything you post is negative about yr country never mentioned a link I never read the links that’s why said what ya o about keep up mate lol

Sound

"

so what is the link about then ffs lol

liverpool

So that's Sunderland added to the list of broken promises.cornwall,student scheme,fishermen,northern Ireland..its almost like he fibs occasionally.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunderlandecho.com/news/politics/council/sunderland-chief-demands-fair-share-of-post-brexit-cash-for-north-east-3144691%3famp

"

Sunderland have just had a new bridge from government funding ... what more do they want ?

thornaby

"So that's Sunderland added to the list of broken promises.cornwall,student scheme,fishermen,northern Ireland..its almost like he fibs occasionally. "
you no he’s a lying twat all politians do it all pms have done it am I shocked am I fuck

About time British farmers had a decent year. They’ve had it tough the last 10-20 years.

Surely it shouldn’t be a crime to earn money?

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"About time British farmers had a decent year. They’ve had it tough the last 10-20 years.

Surely it shouldn’t be a crime to earn money?"

they deserved it

» Add a new message to this topic