FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Look over there ... budget!

Look over there ... budget!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBirminghamWeekend OP   Man  over a year ago

here

Meanwhile in Eu/U.K. Northern Ireland land ... U.K. decides to unilaterally extend the grace period on goods to NI

Guess who doesn’t like this ....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Would this be the EU?

The same EU that wants extra time to ratify the Trade Deal? Apparently the 4300 translation staff they have in Brussels, isn't enough to get their end sorted!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Meanwhile in Eu/U.K. Northern Ireland land ... U.K. decides to unilaterally extend the grace period on goods to NI

Guess who doesn’t like this ...."

Why are they doing that ?

here

"Meanwhile in Eu/U.K. Northern Ireland land ... U.K. decides to unilaterally extend the grace period on goods to NI

Why are they doing that ? "

They think we are doing that thing we didn’t do the first time ....

Ps given the state of affairs with the ch***s, you might want to encourage this extended grace period

Ps given the state of affairs with the ch***s, you might want to encourage this extended grace period "

But why now? Yes, that might help my situation

here

Ps given the state of affairs with the ch***s, you might want to encourage this extended grace period

But why now? Yes, that might help my situation "

I don’t know ... to be fair it’s probably not going to end up being an actual story as big boy Frostie is involved and is sorting out the situation

There’s a read out of a call between Eu and U.K. and would appear it might be another case of the Eu being a little trigger happy

(Haven’t read all the detail as I’m slowly filling myself with a single malt )

But why now? Yes, that might help my situation "

The spokesperson said Lord Frost underlined the extension was needed for "operational reasons" and such measures were "well precedented in other international trade arrangements, and that they were entirely consistent with our intention to discharge our obligations under the Protocol in good faith".

Something to do with the Digital Assistance Scheme

I don’t know ... to be fair it’s probably not going to end up being an actual story as big boy Frostie is involved and is sorting out the situation

There’s a read out of a call between Eu and U.K. and would appear it might be another case of the Eu being a little trigger happy

(Haven’t read all the detail as I’m slowly filling myself with a single malt )"

I see, as long as we don’t break international law everything will be ok

here

I see, as long as we don’t break international law everything will be ok "

Probably ... then again I’m quite happy with my Lagavulin

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/03/supermarkets-may-get-more-time-to-adapt-to-northern-ireland-trading-rules-brexit

I see, as long as we don’t break international law everything will be ok

Probably ... then again I’m quite happy with my Lagavulin "

Very nice

liverpool

Obvs our resident brexiteers will be going into fits of rage,as we saw how upset they got,when the eu threatened to break international law.

"Obvs our resident brexiteers will be going into fits of rage,as we saw how upset they got,when the eu threatened to break international law."

Isn't it amazing how you can twist things

The EU wanted to close the border, we want to keep it open for a period.

There's quite a difference.

And this wouldn't actually be needed if the EU agreed to an extension whilst talks continue

"Obvs our resident brexiteers will be going into fits of rage,as we saw how upset they got,when the eu threatened to break international law.

And this wouldn't actually be needed if the EU agreed to an extension whilst talks continue "

Why do we need an extension? I thought everything was signed and sealed, great deal etc

liverpool

"Obvs our resident brexiteers will be going into fits of rage,as we saw how upset they got,when the eu threatened to break international law.

And this wouldn't actually be needed if the EU agreed to an extension whilst talks continue "

Hang on..I thought Brexit was 'done'?

Is that what he promised to do over and over and over?

liverpool

We want out..we get out..and it's still the EU's fault

You genuinly couldn't make this up

And this wouldn't actually be needed if the EU agreed to an extension whilst talks continue

Is that what he promised to do over and over and over?"

I thought exactly the same, seems strange that they need an extension period for more talks

Is that what he promised to do over and over and over?"

The grace period was granted to get the systems needed in place. That obviously wasn't a long enough period so we're asking for a bit longer.

Should we have fucked the EU off out of British waters or should we have given them time to relinquish their share?

Everything takes time and agreement.

I'm off to chat to my teenager about economic now, I'm sure I'll get more sense from her.

liverpool

I thought exactly the same, seems strange that they need an extension period for more talks "

Well apparently when he won the election on "getting brexit done 'he forgot to mention an unspecified grace period which we all knew about apparently.

Even though this means breaking international law which they were all creaming themselves over a few weeks ago.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I can give an example of this shower of shit.

We have for a few years helped an associated company based in Belfast ship containers out of Belfast to Portugal.

We now have switched to using Dublin based hauliers to collect the container loads ex Belfast and ship out through Dublin as it’s easier and cheaper due to Brexit.

What a fucking amazing deal this shower have struck. It’s easier to ship from another country. Amazing but true.

The grace period was granted to get the systems needed in place. That obviously wasn't a long enough period so we're asking for a bit longer.

Should we have fucked the EU off out of British waters or should we have given them time to relinquish their share?

I'm off to chat to my teenager about economic now, I'm sure I'll get more sense from her."

You might want to educate Boris as well, I don’t think he knows what he signed up for

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm off to chat to my teenager about economic now, I'm sure I'll get more sense from her."

If it’s not ready don’t impose any rules then.

The pain is felt by business today because it’s a half baked plan.

How hard is it to wrap your head around it.

The system isn't ready and they've asked for more time. The EU refuse to give more time.

Should we just make the people of NI starve instead?

You still refuse to see that this kind of thing is 'well precedented in other international trade arrangements'

"How hard is it to wrap your head around it.

The system isn't ready and they've asked for more time. The EU refuse to give more time.

You still refuse to see that this kind of thing is 'well precedented in other international trade arrangements'"

Starve? Sounds like project fear to me, no one is going to starve

You still refuse to see that this kind of thing is 'well precedented in other international trade arrangements'

Starve? Sounds like project fear to me, no one is going to starve "

I'm astounded that so many people who didn't want a border are now in favour of shutting down those talks and having the border.

Let's do that. I'm sure you'll all be screaming when the reports of food and medicine shortages come out

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Why do we need an extension? I thought everything was signed and sealed, great deal etc "

But its not is it? we have given the eu more time to ratify ,it could all go tits up if the mep,s dont do their masters bidding and pass it but we all know that wont happen even if they dont like it.

liverpool

You still refuse to see that this kind of thing is 'well precedented in other international trade arrangements'"

You continually seem to miss the salient point that we were told in no uncertain terms the deal was done.Unless I'm very much mistaken all those 'we did it headlines, said nothing about.. well actually we need more time.

They spent 2 years trying to sort it out.

Boris johnson won that because enough people believe that imbecilic 3 word slogan.

Dress it up anyway you like but brexit wasnt done.

And the fact that the eu are still getting the blame shows that any rational debate on here is a pipe dream.

You continually seem to miss the salient point that we were told in no uncertain terms the deal was done.Unless I'm very much mistaken all those 'we did it headlines, said nothing about.. well actually we need more time.

Boris johnson won that because enough people believe that imbecilic 3 word slogan.

And the fact that the eu are still getting the blame shows that any rational debate on here is a pipe dream."

If you truly believed the deal was done then I think you're further gone than even I imagined.

The last 2 months have shown that any final agreement is far from done.

However, if you really did believe that, why are you only now having a pop about this particular aspect. I mean, it's not like it's been a secret that it's in place

liverpool

And the fact that the eu are still getting the blame shows that any rational debate on here is a pipe dream.

If you truly believed the deal was done then I think you're further gone than even I imagined.

However, if you really did believe that, why are you only now having a pop about this particular aspect. I mean, it's not like it's been a secret that it's in place "

So when he said he would get Brexit done he was lying.. is that essentially what you are saying?

However, if you really did believe that, why are you only now having a pop about this particular aspect. I mean, it's not like it's been a secret that it's in place

So when he said he would get Brexit done he was lying.. is that essentially what you are saying?"

Trying to put words in my mouth again Lionel?

liverpool

So when he said he would get Brexit done he was lying.. is that essentially what you are saying?

Trying to put words in my mouth again Lionel? "

Nope a simple question.

You know Brexit wasnt going to get 'done '

I know brexit was going to get done.

Anyway with half a brain knew Brexit wasnt going to be done.

But enough people believed it for him to win an election.

Funny I havent heard him say that phrase for a while

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

we were told this was why johnson had firm and imoveable deadlines regarding the date where any deal was to be agreed. that was june 15th.

we lost count of the u-turns johnson made on the 'absolute deadlines' in the weeks and months following.

he ended up sealing his 'oven ready deal' over six months later.

turned out his marvellous world beating deal is still frozen when he dished it up

here

"The European Commission announced it would seek a “technical,” two-month extension to the period allowed for ratification of the agreement."

Is there any difference with this request from the EU in February, and a "technical" extension to the grace period, to allow more time to implement the systems and checks for goods moving between uk and NI?

near ipswich

""The European Commission announced it would seek a “technical,” two-month extension to the period allowed for ratification of the agreement."

Is there any difference with this request from the EU in February, and a "technical" extension to the grace period, to allow more time to implement the systems and checks for goods moving between uk and NI?"

Only if you are very bias there is.

here

""The European Commission announced it would seek a “technical,” two-month extension to the period allowed for ratification of the agreement."

Is there any difference with this request from the EU in February, and a "technical" extension to the grace period, to allow more time to implement the systems and checks for goods moving between uk and NI?Only if you are very bias there is. "

Slightly unsure why HMG have needed to take such a hard line on it as from what I have read the Irish government were already lobbying the EU for the extension to happen.

near ipswich

Is there any difference with this request from the EU in February, and a "technical" extension to the grace period, to allow more time to implement the systems and checks for goods moving between uk and NI?Only if you are very bias there is.

Slightly unsure why HMG have needed to take such a hard line on it as from what I have read the Irish government were already lobbying the EU for the extension to happen.

"

I dont think the Irish voice counts for much in the eu anymore a good example was when they changed from speaking English in parliament because no one out of the 27 spoke it until the Irish piped up we do oh yeah i forgot about you

northeast

Is there any difference with this request from the EU in February, and a "technical" extension to the grace period, to allow more time to implement the systems and checks for goods moving between uk and NI?Only if you are very bias there is. "

liverpool

Bias obviously doesn't mean mentioning the EU in every single thread under the sun and refusing to criticise the gmnt on any occasion in over a year.

Levels.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Bias obviously doesn't mean mentioning the EU in every single thread under the sun and refusing to criticise the gmnt on any occasion in over a year.

Levels."

ffs Lionel you are the only person who mentioned the eh on the other thread called would you lol

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Bias obviously doesn't mean mentioning the EU in every single thread under the sun and refusing to criticise the gmnt on any occasion in over a year.

Levels."

Says you mentioning the EU in a post entitled 'Would you meet someone from another political spectrum'

Oh and 'Boris' in every single thread otherwise.

liverpool

Levels.

Says you mentioning the EU in a post entitled 'Would you meet someone from another political spectrum'

Oh and 'Boris' in every single thread otherwise."

I mention the pm a lot in the politics forum?

God what was I thinking ?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Levels.

God what was I thinking ?"

so is it only you who can mention the eu then as you pull people for it yet you do it more than anyone else mate lol

liverpool

Levels.

God what was I thinking ?so is it only you who can mention the eu then as you pull people for it yet you do it more than anyone else mate lol"

Do I start threads on the eu every day?

It's a simple question

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Is there any difference with this request from the EU in February, and a "technical" extension to the grace period, to allow more time to implement the systems and checks for goods moving between uk and NI?"

northeast

Levels.

God what was I thinking ?so is it only you who can mention the eu then as you pull people for it yet you do it more than anyone else mate lol"

Levels.

Oh and 'Boris' in every single thread otherwise."

» Add a new message to this topic