FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Scotland to give NHS staff at least 4% pay rise

Scotland to give NHS staff at least 4% pay rise

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eparrain1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stone

It is the most generous in UK. Do all NHF GB staff deserve such a recognition for the unbelievable selfless job they did and still do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It is the most generous in UK. Do all NHF GB staff deserve such a recognition for the unbelievable selfless job they did and still do?"

Well done Scotland,

Stone

"It is the most generous in UK. Do all NHF GB staff deserve such a recognition for the unbelievable selfless job they did and still do?"

NHS sorry

Last month it was a 1% interim increase until they managed to sort out the deal. Now it's 4-5.4% just 6 weeks before an election.

Well played Mrs, very well played

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

[Removed by poster at 25/03/21 08:12:16]

Grantham

Imagine if the Conservatives had announced this just a few days before an election purdah period!

Lets see if other Scottish public sector workers now also push for 4%.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Got to admire the style.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Last month it was a 1% interim increase until they managed to sort out the deal. Now it's 4-5.4% just 6 weeks before an election.

Well played Mrs, very well played "

If it was election year here,do you think the nurses would be getting 1%?

"Last month it was a 1% interim increase until they managed to sort out the deal. Now it's 4-5.4% just 6 weeks before an election.

If it was election year here,do you think the nurses would be getting 1%?"

I have no idea, I also don't care too much for your question as it's moot. It's not Election year.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Very generous yes

With other people's money

liverpool

I have no idea, I also don't care too much for your question as it's moot. It's not Election year."

It was a simple question

You wont answer it because you know the answer.

I have no idea, I also don't care too much for your question as it's moot. It's not Election year.

It was a simple question

You wont answer it because you know the answer."

I won't answer because this is about the Scottish NHS which is devolved and has nothing to do with England.

"It is the most generous in UK. Do all NHF GB staff deserve such a recognition for the unbelievable selfless job they did and still do?

Very generous yes

With other people's money"

I am happy to pay

liverpool

It was a simple question

I won't answer because this is about the Scottish NHS which is devolved and has nothing to do with England.

"

Course it isnt.

Nurses in Scotland getting a pay rise is an absolutely different topic from nurses not getting a pay rise in Englland

"Imagine if the Conservatives had announced this just a few days before an election purdah period!

Lets see if other Scottish public sector workers now also push for 4%."

Do they deserve the 4 % rise?

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

Nurses in Scotland getting a pay rise is an absolutely different topic from nurses not getting a pay rise in Englland "

If you quit with your hate for 5 mins you'll see it's 2 separate Governments offering 2 separate pay rises.

Why weren't you up in arms last month when the Scottish Government said it would be 1% in the interim?

westerham

"Imagine if the Conservatives had announced this just a few days before an election purdah period!

Do they deserve the 4 % rise? "

Do all of the 1.4 million workers in the NHS, including the "change managers" and "social media engagers" deserve a 4% job-for-life pay rise?

liverpool

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

Nurses in Scotland getting a pay rise is an absolutely different topic from nurses not getting a pay rise in Englland

If you quit with your hate for 5 mins you'll see it's 2 separate Governments offering 2 separate pay rises.

Why weren't you up in arms last month when the Scottish Government said it would be 1% in the interim?"

Asking a simple question = hate.

I've asked a question

You womt answer because you know what the answer is.

That's all that needs to be said.

Do all of the 1.4 million workers in the NHS, including the "change managers" and "social media engagers" deserve a 4% job-for-life pay rise? "

Answer the original question

liverpool

Do all of the 1.4 million workers in the NHS, including the "change managers" and "social media engagers" deserve a 4% job-for-life pay rise? "

Do people often get not for life pay rises?

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

Why weren't you up in arms last month when the Scottish Government said it would be 1% in the interim?

I've asked a question

That's all that needs to be said."

I don't know the answer. Neither do you, whatever you think the answer is only your thoughts.

The question has nothing to do with the topic yet you want to compare the 2 in a classic case of whataboutery = hate.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"It is the most generous in UK. Do all NHF GB staff deserve such a recognition for the unbelievable selfless job they did and still do?

Very generous yes

It’s almost like being a Tory isn’t it Spend our money on there friends very liberally But not on the Nurses...

Stone

Very generous yes

It’s almost like being a Tory isn’t it Spend our money on there friends very liberally But not on the Nurses..."

Love it

liverpool

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

I've asked a question

I don't know the answer. Neither do you, whatever you think the answer is only your thoughts.

The question has nothing to do with the topic yet you want to compare the 2 in a classic case of whataboutery = hate."

Lols

So expecting the gmnt to be accountable has now from being left wing to hatred.

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

I've asked a question

The question has nothing to do with the topic yet you want to compare the 2 in a classic case of whataboutery = hate."

Whataboutery = hate??

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

I've asked a question

The question has nothing to do with the topic yet you want to compare the 2 in a classic case of whataboutery = hate.

Lols

"

It has nothing to do with the topic. We've already had the England rise debate. If you'd like another then start a thread

westerham

Very generous yes

It’s almost like being a Tory isn’t it Spend our money on there friends very liberally But not on the Nurses..."

I'm not a Tory so yokes on you

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

I've asked a question

Lols

It has nothing to do with the topic. We've already had the England rise debate. If you'd like another then start a thread"

That isn’t how it works on here. I will refer you to the Merkel thread,

Stone

Very generous yes

It’s almost like being a Tory isn’t it Spend our money on there friends very liberally But not on the Nurses...

I'm not a Tory so yokes on you "

Really?

westerham

Do all of the 1.4 million workers in the NHS, including the "change managers" and "social media engagers" deserve a 4% job-for-life pay rise?

Answer the original question "

Do all public sector workers deserve a 4% pay rise?

Bahahahaha you're trolling now

Fuck no is the answer

Some are massively underpaid. Some are massively, massively overpaid.

Fuck no is the answer

Some are massively underpaid. Some are massively, massively overpaid. "

Still not answered the question

liverpool

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

I've asked a question

Lols

It has nothing to do with the topic. We've already had the England rise debate. If you'd like another then start a thread"

We aremt talking about Gambia here..we are talking about pay rises for 2 countitees for the same occupation who are part of the same union.

And according to you, its a completely different topic.

We all know if it was election year they wouldnt have made such an unpopular decision.

Which makes all the we cant afford it arguments null and void.

But you knew that.

westerham

Fuck no is the answer

Still not answered the question "

How is:

"fuck no"

Not a clear and concise answer? Don't know how I can express it any clearer?

N O

No

Nicht

Non

Niet

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

I've asked a question

Lols

It has nothing to do with the topic. We've already had the England rise debate. If you'd like another then start a thread

We aremt talking about Gambia here..we are talking about pay rises for 2 countitees for the same occupation who are part of the same union.

We all know if it was election year they wouldnt have made such an unpopular decision.

But you knew that."

2 separate countries with 2 separate governments. If you want to start the comparison go and look at other unions and tell me they are all equal.

I have never said we can't afford it. However, seeing as Scottish NHS spending is devolved, maybe they can.

Why did they announce a 1% rise only last month and then up it this month right before the election?

You seem to be a bit confused

Fuck no is the answer

How is:

"fuck no"

N O

No

Nicht

Non

Niet

"

Unlucky, because they are getting a 4 % pay rise, Maybe you can start a protest become a leafleter (whatever that is) or contact your local MP

to complain, or is that too much effort

westerham

Very generous yes

Really? "

I consider myself most closely aligned to the Whigs

westerham

Fuck no is the answer

How is:

"fuck no"

N O

No

Nicht

Non

Niet

Unlucky, because they are getting a 4 % pay rise, Maybe you can start a protest become a leafleter (whatever that is) or contact your local MP

to complain, or is that too much effort "

For Scotland? I've said many times many of us have zero interest in Scottish internecine political thuggery.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Why does every thread on this forum get twisted around and end up being about Boris or what's happening in England?

It's always the same usual suspects that twist it.

Can they not just talk about the subject matter?

Come on people talk about the OP and leave you hate of the government out of it for a change.

Fuck no is the answer

How is:

"fuck no"

N O

No

Nicht

Non

Niet

For Scotland? I've said many times many of us have zero interest in Scottish internecine political thuggery. "

Your paying for it

"Why does every thread on this forum get twisted around and end up being about Boris or what's happening in England?

It's always the same usual suspects that twist it.

Can they not just talk about the subject matter?

Come on people talk about the OP and leave you hate of the government out of it for a change."

I will refer you to the Merkel thread,

Very generous yes

Really?

I consider myself most closely aligned to the Whigs "

The Whigs ceased operations in 1859

westerham

Very generous yes

Really?

The Whigs ceased operations in 1859"

What does that tell you?

(actually there are still active Whig think tanks)

westerham

Fuck no is the answer

How is:

"fuck no"

N O

No

Nicht

Non

Niet

For Scotland? I've said many times many of us have zero interest in Scottish internecine political thuggery.

Your paying for it "

We can happily discuss Barnet in another thread

Grantham

Do they deserve the 4 % rise? "

That was upto the Independent Pay Body to decide. The same body that the Scottish Health Minister referred to, when awarding the interim 1% payrise, whilst awaiting its report.

If you are asking me personally, then its a yes and no answer. There are many that have gone over and above what can be reasonably expected of them. Others, less so.

But the award isn't targetted, so well done to them on getting such a good rise.

Fuck no is the answer

How is:

"fuck no"

N O

No

Nicht

Non

Niet

Your paying for it

We can happily discuss Barnet in another thread "

No thanks, this is about the Scottish NHS

Very generous yes

Really?

What does that tell you?

(actually there are still active Whig think tanks) "

It tells me that they have old fashioned ideas and policies that are irrelevant today. Why are ‘closely aligned ‘ to the Whigs?

westerham

Very generous yes

Really?

What does that tell you?

It tells me that they have old fashioned ideas and policies that are irrelevant today. Why are ‘closely aligned ‘ to the Whigs? "

Broadly defined as Liberal, belief in infrastructure, public/private cooperation, greater good, independence, small authoritarian state.

Very generous yes

Really?

What does that tell you?

It tells me that they have old fashioned ideas and policies that are irrelevant today. Why are ‘closely aligned ‘ to the Whigs?

Broadly defined as Liberal, belief in infrastructure, public/private cooperation, greater good, independence, small authoritarian state. "

Ceased operation in 1859

liverpool

It was a simple question

Course it isnt.

I've asked a question

Lols

But you knew that.

2 separate countries with 2 separate governments. If you want to start the comparison go and look at other unions and tell me they are all equal.

I have never said we can't afford it. However, seeing as Scottish NHS spending is devolved, maybe they can.

Why did they announce a 1% rise only last month and then up it this month right before the election?

You seem to be a bit confused "

I'm not confused in the slightest

Someone mentioned nicola bringing it in during election year.

I made the comparison to here.

The concept is exactly the same.

liverpool

As for whataboutery and threads getting twisted ,I've lost count of the number of threads about the virus which have contained the words jeremy corbyn and diane Abbott.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Election grabbing ploy and we pay for it we should refuse

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"As for whataboutery and threads getting twisted ,I've lost count of the number of threads about the virus which have contained the words jeremy corbyn and diane Abbott.

"

Language please

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Well done Scotland, "

Indeed.

Serves it's purpose at this point in time, but suspect it is a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul, or maybe even a case of using James' bonus to rob Peter to pay Paul

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Very generous yes

It's not other people's money. It's from our slice of the UK pie.

You don't want us spending "your" money; let us leave.

And I'd remind you that the whole UK - not just Scotland - is in massive debt and living on borrowed money.

It's all a question of priorities. You and your kind think extra flags and extra nukes are a great idea; we prefer to spend the money on something useful.

westerham

Very generous yes

And I'd remind you that the whole UK - not just Scotland - is in massive debt and living on borrowed money.

It's all a question of priorities. You and your kind think extra flags and extra nukes are a great idea; we prefer to spend the money on something useful."

Let you leave?

Lol you're free to leave but yee all dinnae wanna go and bottled it

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Very generous yes

I pay more tax and Im happy to pay it, massive public/private house building currently in full flow, more pennies to NHS workers, new schoold are just 3 of the things I see in Scotland that benefit my life. All paid for by higher taxes....and dont give me the Engkish taxpayer foots the bill pish.

I feel sorry for the ones in England trying to build a life, your masters are more interested in linning thier Eatonian off shore accounts.

God bless a higher tax regime spent on society

Well done Scotland,

Indeed.

Serves it's purpose at this point in time, but suspect it is a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul, or maybe even a case of using James' bonus to rob Peter to pay Paul

"

I would rather they robbed Peter to pay the NHS rather than Boris’s mates

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Very generous yes

Not those in the U.K. tax haven status though so all good ! Phew relief here .

westerham

Very generous yes

Not those in the U.K. tax haven status though so all good ! Phew relief here . "

Just the squeezed middle

liverpool

Very generous yes

Not those in the U.K. tax haven status though so all good ! Phew relief here .

Just the squeezed middle "

The squeezed middle

Chudleigh

It is interesting how we can’t afford to do the right thing, but this Govt has been able to do the wrong thing with our money for years. People used to laugh at Corbyn & McDonald with their ‘magic money tree’, it looks like it does exist if you are a friend of a Tory MP, just not if you are one of the ‘downstairs’ workers...

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"It is interesting how we can’t afford to do the right thing, but this Govt has been able to do the wrong thing with our money for years. People used to laugh at Corbyn & McDonald with their ‘magic money tree’, it looks like it does exist if you are a friend of a Tory MP, just not if you are one of the ‘downstairs’ workers..."

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

Me being ever the cynic. It's amazing how the SNP government can find the money to provide a 4% pay rise so close to the Scottish elections.

I'm not saying the NHS staff don't deserve a rise but it sounds more like an attempted at bribing that section of the electorate for their votes.

Chudleigh

"Me being ever the cynic. It's amazing how the SNP government can find the money to provide a 4% pay rise so close to the Scottish elections.

I'm not saying the NHS staff don't deserve a rise but it sounds more like an attempted at bribing that section of the electorate for their votes.

"

Are you saying they shouldn’t offer it?

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"Me being ever the cynic. It's amazing how the SNP government can find the money to provide a 4% pay rise so close to the Scottish elections.

"

The negotiations started months ago. If the offer never came before midnight last night then electoral rules would forbid the scot govt offering anything till after the election.

"

Fair point but... SNP will get the majority anyway, rise or no rise so it's not really a bribe is it.

Fife/ Newcastle

Fair point but... SNP will get the majority anyway, rise or no rise so it's not really a bribe is it. "

I'm not sure your prediction will be right, but the majority of people will get what they vote for.

liverpool

"

What would happen if it was election year here?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

What would happen if it was election year here?"

You would burst a blood vessel Lionel

Fair point but... SNP will get the majority anyway, rise or no rise so it's not really a bribe is it.

I'm not sure your prediction will be right, but the majority of people will get what they vote for. "

See you may 7th and we can discuss outcomes lol

liverpool

What would happen if it was election year here?You would burst a blood vessel Lionel"

Yeah you could be onto something there

Fife/ Newcastle

I'm not sure your prediction will be right, but the majority of people will get what they vote for.

See you may 7th and we can discuss outcomes lol "

Tea coffee or wine?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Yeah this is soooooo much better than England vote snp lol please note this is not a bribe or inducement of any kind lol

Very generous yes

Whos money ?

Tea coffee or wine? "

Iced water pls

Fife/ Newcastle

Tea coffee or wine?

Iced water pls "

A woman with good taste

Tea coffee or wine?

Iced water pls

A woman with good taste "

Of course

Well done to the scottish government

Stone

Well done to the scottish government "

Ayr

Very generous yes

It's all a question of priorities. You and your kind think extra flags and extra nukes are a great idea; we prefer to spend the money on something useful.

Let you leave?

Lol you're free to leave but yee all dinnae wanna go and bottled it "

55% of us did - in 2014. Things have changed a lot since then. If over half of us still don't fancy it, then Boris has nothing to fear in allowing IndyRef2 to go ahead, does he?

Anyway, it's good you didn't contest my main point. Well done.

Ayr

Well done Scotland,

Indeed.

I would rather they robbed Peter to pay the NHS rather than Boris’s mates "

Indeed. Though, to be fair to Sunak, he has borrowed an enormous amount of money and spent it on trying to prevent the collapse of the economy via mass unemployment.

Which is exactly what any socialist CoE would have done - because it was the right thing to do.

Maybe they're learning? LOL

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Well done Scotland,

Indeed.

I would rather they robbed Peter to pay the NHS rather than Boris’s mates

Indeed. Though, to be fair to Sunak, he has borrowed an enormous amount of money and spent it on trying to prevent the collapse of the economy via mass unemployment.

Which is exactly what any socialist CoE would have done - because it was the right thing to do.

Maybe they're learning? LOL"

#SNPBarnettBribe

By *ilverfoxcoolMan  over a year ago

paisley

Yeah they have taken it away from businesses. If we weren’t in the Uk, they could never afford it. But hey let’s blame Westminster fir everything we fuck up

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

its not a bribe, honest

» Add a new message to this topic