FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > SNP

SNP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As far as I see it the SNP in general has fucked up a lot and from what it sounds like there only focus is independence. Does nobody remember when we got independence the first time? We where in so much debt that england bought us out, what's to stop that from happening again??

The lost generation are blind, they think the Tories are to blame for everything but they aren't. It will take 35 years maybe more to fix the educational gap, that the SNP has put us in

Before we go for an independence referendum the Scottish government needs to fix Scotland first!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"As far as I see it the SNP in general has fucked up a lot and from what it sounds like there only focus is independence. Does nobody remember when we got independence the first time? We where in so much debt that england bought us out, what's to stop that from happening again??

The lost generation are blind, they think the Tories are to blame for everything but they aren't. It will take 35 years maybe more to fix the educational gap, that the SNP has put us in

Before we go for an independence referendum the Scottish government needs to fix Scotland first!!!"

Vote them out then

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"As far as I see it the SNP in general has fucked up a lot and from what it sounds like there only focus is independence. Does nobody remember when we got independence the first time? We where in so much debt that england bought us out, what's to stop that from happening again??

Before we go for an independence referendum the Scottish government needs to fix Scotland first!!!"

People blame the Torys for all their problems on here. It’s all consuming.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Try to convince other voters in Scotland of this.

At present all that does go wrong Sturgeon's get out is it is the fault of the Boris etc.

If you get independance that excuse will be gone.

If Scotland did go bust why should we bail you out you if you ask for poverty and dictatorship who are we to stop you?

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Willie Rennie makes stuff up. Trying to say equality in education will take 35 years.

35 years ago it was 1986.

What was Willie saying in 1986 about life in 2021?

Before we go for an independence referendum the Scottish government needs to fix Scotland first!!!

Vote them out then "

This ^

I’m all for Scotland being independent. Just not sure how independent you’d be under the SNP. They’re a bit loonyish to me.

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

Vote them out then

This ^

I’m all for Scotland being independent. Just not sure how independent you’d be under the SNP. They’re a bit loonyish to me. "

I'm Scottish and I'm not against independence, but I could never vote for the SNP version of it.

Tbh I think Sturgeon would shit herself and run a mile if the vote went their way.

Penicuik

The SNP wouldn’t exist in its current form post Indy. Other parties would emerge and maybe labour could then have a chance of pipping the tories to second spot

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"When we got independence the first time"

You really need to go read some history young man.

[Removed by poster at 25/03/21 21:34:07]

"

I did read my history. 1707, England agreed to help pay off Scotland's debts and both countries parliaments passed the acts of union to become one nation. Meaning England bought Scotland.

I think you need a lesson in history.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Oh no, not this again...... “ Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!”

Penicuik

I did read my history. 1707, England agreed to help pay off Scotland's debts and both countries parliaments passed the acts of union to become one nation. Meaning England bought Scotland.

"

A few Scottish MP’s voted to join the union.

Bought and sold for English gold as rabbie burns coined.

To suggest England bought scotland is bizarre.

The act of the union is a political one.

A few Scottish MP’s voted to join the union.

Bought and sold for English gold as rabbie burns coined.

To suggest England bought scotland is bizarre.

The act of the union is a political one. "

But still in summary and easy format. That is what happened. And as we know history has repeated itself in the past. And also what if the Scottish independence referendum has the same or a worse result than Brexit?

near Glasgow

"

Let me help you out "when we got independence the first time"

When did we get independence and from who or what ?

As for the debt you refer to, it wasnt Scotlands debt, it was the debt of an elite who were skint and doffed their cap and sold the rest of us down the river.

Penicuik

In summary the union a political one at that has only been since 1707

The mantra last referendum was a union of equals.

As much as it may feel like it England certainly doesn't own scotland.

Nevermind, I did not completely check my facts. I'm only human after all. But still Scotland is in no were near a healthy position to go for an independence referendum

Penicuik

"Nevermind, I did not completely check my facts. I'm only human after all. But still Scotland is in no were near a healthy position to go for an independence referendum"

Scotland is awash with natural wealth.

Fun fact, there is more fresh water in Loch Ness than there’s is in England and Wales combined.

"

My thoughts too!

If you don't like the thought of scotland being independent well the uk is a big place so you can go wherever you want and live under the most extreme right wing country and government since the nazis,im sure after a while youl realise you were wrong and be back to an independent free scotland

If you don't like the thought of scotland being independent well the uk is a big place so you can go wherever you want and live under the most extreme right wing country and government since the nazis,im sure after a while youl realise you were wrong and be back to an independent free scotland "

Lol

You sure about that?

If you don't like the thought of scotland being independent well the uk is a big place so you can go wherever you want and live under the most extreme right wing country and government since the nazis,im sure after a while youl realise you were wrong and be back to an independent free scotland

Lol

You sure about that? "

I'm 1000% sure

Lol

You sure about that?

I'm 1000% sure"

Rum came out of my nose

Thank you for the entertainment

Lol

You sure about that?

I'm 1000% sure

Rum came out of my nose

Thank you for the entertainment "

Your welcome,as you never really gave much to the debate, enjoy your rum and maybe take time to educate yourself in scottish politics before you maybe make an arse of yourself again

Lol

You sure about that?

I'm 1000% sure

Rum came out of my nose

Your welcome,as you never really gave much to the debate, enjoy your rum and maybe take time to educate yourself in scottish politics before you maybe make an arse of yourself again "

The gift that keeps on giving hahahahaha

I’m dying at the ‘most extreme right wing country and government since the Nazis’ line. I don’t need to know Scottish politics to know utter bullshit when I step in it

Lol

You sure about that?

I'm 1000% sure

Rum came out of my nose

Your welcome,as you never really gave much to the debate, enjoy your rum and maybe take time to educate yourself in scottish politics before you maybe make an arse of yourself again

I’m dying at the ‘most extreme right wing country and government since the Nazis’ line. I don’t need to know Scottish politics to know utter bullshit when I step in it "

Yip just another little englander who just believes everything the nazi tories tell them but im sure youl find out the hard way,our countries will go our separate ways soon,good luck living in a right wing nazi country

Lol

You sure about that?

I'm 1000% sure

Rum came out of my nose

I’m dying at the ‘most extreme right wing country and government since the Nazis’ line. I don’t need to know Scottish politics to know utter bullshit when I step in it

Yip just another little englander who just believes everything the nazi tories tell them but im sure youl find out the hard way,our countries will go our separate ways soon,good luck living in a right wing nazi country "

Clearly not read a thing I’ve posted before but I expect no less from an SNP Boomer tbh. But the very best of luck with Humza ‘Adolf’ Yusuf and his hate crime bill. The irony in you calling any other union government ‘nazi’ is phenomenal, but still entertaining. I’m sure Scotland will shower itself in glory again some day soon, just without folk like yourself dragging them down into the mire.

Lol

You sure about that?

I'm 1000% sure

Rum came out of my nose

Yip just another little englander who just believes everything the nazi tories tell them but im sure youl find out the hard way,our countries will go our separate ways soon,good luck living in a right wing nazi country

Clearly not read a thing I’ve posted before but I expect no less from an SNP Boomer tbh. But the very best of luck with Humza ‘Adolf’ Yusuf and his hate crime bill. The irony in you calling any other union government ‘nazi’ is phenomenal, but still entertaining. I’m sure Scotland will shower itself in glory again some day soon, just without folk like yourself dragging them down into the mire. "

Aye just you stick to your right wing nazi tories and im sure us up in in scotland will be just fine once we are independent

Lol

You sure about that?

I'm 1000% sure

Rum came out of my nose

Clearly not read a thing I’ve posted before but I expect no less from an SNP Boomer tbh. But the very best of luck with Humza ‘Adolf’ Yusuf and his hate crime bill. The irony in you calling any other union government ‘nazi’ is phenomenal, but still entertaining. I’m sure Scotland will shower itself in glory again some day soon, just without folk like yourself dragging them down into the mire.

Aye just you stick to your right wing nazi tories and im sure us up in in scotland will be just fine once we are independent "

The levels of miseducation in this thread is awfully worrying. Please don’t vote if you don’t understand what is going on politically

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

I'd happily vote independence for Scotland just to get rid of the Scottish football results

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I'd happily vote independence for Scotland just to get rid of the Scottish football results "

Many say that the quickest route to Scottish Independence, is to give the English a chance to vote on it.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Many say that the quickest route to Scottish Independence, is to give the English a chance to vote on it. "

Indeed. It would very likely work. In November 2019, 41% of Leave voters felt that an independent Scotland was a price worth paying for Brexit.

However, as we know, your masters would never agree to such an English vote.

As I've said plenty of times before, they fear the loss of one third of the UK landmass, all the territorial water surrounding it - and a place to park their strategic nuclear deterrent.

For the small amount extra, per head, that's spent up here - they're never going to give up on such a bargain willingly.

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

The levels of miseducation in this thread is awfully worrying. Please don’t vote if you don’t understand what is going on politically "

I'm sure you will come across many politicians from all parties in the sewers 9n your new job

History revision- England bought Scotland from a handful of Scottish Lords who’d lost money on the Darien Scheme, which had been thwarted by the English, among other things, and had failed. The Scottish people were enraged on the whole but had no say in the matter. The country wasn’t bankrupt but the nobles were poorer.

It’s people have a vote now so the two issues are not comparable in any way, shape or form.

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

Back to the original post. Surely after independence, the SNP would have to adapt to a new situation and change. I suspect Labour which was historically very strong in Scotland would bounce back.

For a start who ever the new government is they will have to do a crash course in governance economics!

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

People blame the Torys for all their problems on here. It’s all consuming.

"

It may be because they’ve been in charge for 11 years and made a complete mess of things - just a wild guess - Austerity, Brexit, Covid. Not a great track record really (especially as they ignored Project Cygnus, so Covid sits with them)

Who else should we blame!?

Let me think about what will be offered up:

Austerity was Labours fault & if not that, then the Libs

Brexit was the EUs fault

Covid was everyone else’s fault, nobody could have done better...

The Oppositions was rubbish, so they let the Tory’s get away with it

...have I missed anything?

near Glasgow

"Back to the original post. Surely after independence, the SNP would have to adapt to a new situation and change. I suspect Labour which was historically very strong in Scotland would bounce back.

For a start who ever the new government is they will have to do a crash course in governance economics! "

This is always on the cards for the SNP in an independent Scotland, I would expect to see new parties, social democrat, christian democrat etc formed by groups within the current crop.

As for labour, they are simply toxic up here now and it would take a clear out and rebuild from the ground up, the tories greens and libs will be about the same.

Potentially a political landscape of 3 or 4 parties polling in the region of 20-25% each and a group of smaller parties.

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Back to the original post. Surely after independence, the SNP would have to adapt to a new situation and change. I suspect Labour which was historically very strong in Scotland would bounce back.

For a start who ever the new government is they will have to do a crash course in governance economics!

This is always on the cards for the SNP in an independent Scotland, I would expect to see new parties, social democrat, christian democrat etc formed by groups within the current crop.

As for labour, they are simply toxic up here now and it would take a clear out and rebuild from the ground up, the tories greens and libs will be about the same.

Potentially a political landscape of 3 or 4 parties polling in the region of 20-25% each and a group of smaller parties."

Don’t think any of us are hundreds of years old therefore remembering 1st time around would be a tad hard.

There are other parties emerging for independence, at the mo SNP are the strongest vehicle to get over the threshold. Once it is achieved vote for whoever

For a start who ever the new government is they will have to do a crash course in governance economics! "

Labour are dead in Scotland

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Well there’s something called a ballot box, instead of moaning about the problems save your disdain and vote.

By *alhamCoupleCouple  over a year ago

London

Labour are dead in Scotland "

In the short term, yes. At some point Scottish Labour are going to have to seriously confront the issue of Scotland’s right to chose, with all the debate and difficulty that may cause. It is possible that Mr Sarwar will need to go the way of other Labour leaders since 2014, but the constitutional issue cannot be avoided. Having said that, I think Scottish Labour after independence has the potential to do very well, with a more “Old Labour” policy bent.

It is a socialist country, in the main, thanks to the industrial belt. Major industry has died and old values are no longer held as strongly but the country has a left-leaning heart. How that translates to Labour votes will be interesting to watch.

By *ccasionalfun999Couple  over a year ago

Angus

In the event of Scottish independence happening there would require to be an election. For those that support independence but not the SNP there’s your opportunity!

here

With a vote for all those who would be entitled to Scottish nationality.

By *bw for fun againCouple  over a year ago

wishaw

I've read most posts on here god most sound like primary children. Let Scotland have there say the tories lied before and good god don't anyone tell me there sneaky clean. How anyone in Scotland can vote for tory is beyond me it's simple your either a millionar or a idiot so do me a favour check your bank balance tomorrow xxx love my English friends xx

Only the people living in Scotland will be entitled to vote whether to stay in the UK or not, and that is how it should be.

Seems to me a lot of the Scots remember being lied to by both Labour and the Conservatives and see both parties as an irrelevance.

When Johnson can’t ever remember the leader of the Conservative Party in Scotland and then calls him by his constituency- Moray Ross- it delineates just how much it matters to him.

One minute Johnson is coming north to help the party cause in the elections, the next he is not. Simply put, he is toxic.

here

Just think of all those Scots born folks out there not being allowed to vote on independence ....

#votesforallscots

Why? If you don’t live in the country, don’t pay taxes in it and aren’t involved day to day with its services, why would you presume you could vote for its future?

here

Why would an independent Scotland provide Scottish nationality to someone not living there?

The clue is in the question. Because they are living there.

Nationality is a different concept in Scotland than in England. Why would you assume to influence a country you don’t live in?

here

birth right .....

I'd like to vote in indy2.0 if it ever happens. As a UK citizen with Glasgow on my birth certificate I feel it's my right to vote.

Tough lol

"Tough lol"

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Why? If you don’t live in the country, don’t pay taxes in it and aren’t involved day to day with its services, why would you presume you could vote for its future?"

Yet lots on here were up in arms when people who had been living abroad for years wernt allowed to vote in the brexit vote

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I thought the general clue was in the full reading of the acronym 'SNP' Scottish National Party.

I mean really . . . Would anyone really expect anything other than 'Independence' with a moniker like that?

» Add a new message to this topic