FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > United Nations World Happiness Report 2021

United Nations World Happiness Report 2021

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Top ten happiest countries in the world...

10 - Austria

9 - New Zealand

8 - Norway

7 - Germany

6 - Sweden

5 - Netherlands

4 - Switzerland

3 - Denmark

2 - Iceland

1 - Finland

Ireland were 13th, whilst the U.K. was 18th. France was 20th and Spain was 24th.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Top ten happiest countries in the world...

10 - Austria

9 - New Zealand

8 - Norway

7 - Germany

6 - Sweden

5 - Netherlands

4 - Switzerland

3 - Denmark

2 - Iceland

1 - Finland

Ireland were 13th, whilst the U.K. was 18th. France was 20th and Spain was 24th."

Doesn’t Finland have a high suicide rate?

Working in Iceland for a short time I agree they are happy and completely bonkers!!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Poor old Spain.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Poor old Spain."

It’s understandable when you see the Brits arriving at the airport on holiday!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Big fault spain must have been all ex pats moaning it's to hot and they can't get a good cuppa

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Poor old Spain.

It’s understandable when you see the Brits arriving at the airport on holiday!! "

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Looking at all the moaning on this site which is meant to be a happy place it's a wonder we arent last.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Looking at all the moaning on this site which is meant to be a happy place it's a wonder we arent last."

"Looking at all the moaning on this site which is meant to be a happy place it's a wonder we arent last."

That's right. Stamp out out any dissent.

We should all be compliant automatons.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Surprised Nepal hasn’t made it into the top 10. My partners there a lot and says they’re the most upbeat people hes ever met

liverpool

Was reading some report about Denmark where they have free healthcare,a fair welfare system,free tuition fees and there they sit one of the happiest nations on the planet.

Offer to that the great British public and They have a rant about left wing nonsense and vote in a gmnt who will happily see kids go hungry.

You truly get the leaders you deserve.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Surprised Nepal hasn’t made it into the top 10. My partners there a lot and says they’re the most upbeat people hes ever met "

You could say that they are on top of the world.

At the peak of their game.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

With all the problems in the world has not the UN got better things to do all day exept waste more tax payers money from around the world.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

[Removed by poster at 26/03/21 22:24:58]

upton wirral

milton keynes

"Was reading some report about Denmark where they have free healthcare,a fair welfare system,free tuition fees and there they sit one of the happiest nations on the planet.

Offer to that the great British public and They have a rant about left wing nonsense and vote in a gmnt who will happily see kids go hungry.

You truly get the leaders you deserve."

That's very impressive indeed to have so many things free. Are you sure they are free, seems to good to be true

near ipswich

"Was reading some report about Denmark where they have free healthcare,a fair welfare system,free tuition fees and there they sit one of the happiest nations on the planet.

That's very impressive indeed to have so many things free. Are you sure they are free, seems to good to be true"

yes they all come of the free tree.It seems people working and paying taxes is actually a waste of time because you can get everything for FREEEEEE

liverpool

That's very impressive indeed to have so many things free. Are you sure they are free, seems to good to be true"

Had an ex who's family was from Norway who said a similar thing but I believe tax is a lot higher over there,so not sure about free.

I don't think it's a surprise that a few of those countries however are fairly progressive .

liverpool

Imagine actually celebrating other countries being more happy than you.

Tories.

Gotta love em

upton wirral

That's very impressive indeed to have so many things free. Are you sure they are free, seems to good to be true

Had an ex who's family was from Norway who said a similar thing but I believe tax is a lot higher over there,so not sure about free.

I don't think it's a surprise that a few of those countries however are fairly progressive ."

Denmark just banned Astra Zenica vaccine very progressive ha ha

liverpool

I don't think it's a surprise that a few of those countries however are fairly progressive .Denmark just banned Astra Zenica vaccine very progressive ha ha"

Erm...ok.

liverpool

According to fact check they have £33 an hr minimum wage free university,health and child care and one of the best welfare systems in europe.

So I think we have every right to snigger at them

milton keynes

I don't think it's a surprise that a few of those countries however are fairly progressive ."

Yes I have heard tax there is high too and even things like a pint of beer is expensive. Unless everyone works for no wages and all supplies are donated from a mystery person then it's not free in Denmark or anywhere else. The services have to be paid for

"Surprised Nepal hasn’t made it into the top 10. My partners there a lot and says they’re the most upbeat people hes ever met

You could say that they are on top of the world.

At the peak of their game. "

Lol maybe it’s the lack of oxygen making them delirious

Honestly tho my partner loves them! Such a happy culture!

liverpool

I don't think it's a surprise that a few of those countries however are fairly progressive .

Yes I have heard tax there is high too and even things like a pint of beer is expensive. Unless everyone works for no wages and all supplies are donated from a mystery person then it's not free in Denmark or anywhere else. The services have to be paid for"

Yep I remember being told a pint was about a tenner and that was years ago.

However the wages are quite high.

Seems to work though

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes I have heard tax there is high too and even things like a pint of beer is expensive. Unless everyone works for no wages and all supplies are donated from a mystery person then it's not free in Denmark or anywhere else. The services have to be paid for

Seems to work though

"

I lived in Norway for just over a year back in the late 1980’s and it was (and I believe still as - as are all Skandi countries) a highly taxed country.

That said, the taxes were well spent in the country and this gave people a bigger social dimension than keeping as much of their earnings for themselves.

"Top ten happiest countries in the world...

10 - Austria

9 - New Zealand

8 - Norway

7 - Germany

6 - Sweden

5 - Netherlands

4 - Switzerland

3 - Denmark

2 - Iceland

1 - Finland

Ireland were 13th, whilst the U.K. was 18th. France was 20th and Spain was 24th."

Ireland is normally much higher , but the pubs are closed .

Vaccines were going to be put in the Pints & the whole of Ireland would have been vaccinated in a week , unfortunately this has been postponed.

liverpool

Seems to work though

I lived in Norway for just over a year back in the late 1980’s and it was (and I believe still as - as are all Skandi countries) a highly taxed country.

That said, the taxes were well spent in the country and this gave people a bigger social dimension than keeping as much of their earnings for themselves."

I dont think it's a coincidence that a lot of those countries are quite big on social democracy.

By *ax777Man  over a year ago

Not here

"According to fact check they have £33 an hr minimum wage free university,health and child care and one of the best welfare systems in europe.

"

Are you talking Denmark? They do not have an official minimum wage but from what I can see, minimum wages are around £12/£13 per hour.

milton keynes

Seems to work though

That said, the taxes were well spent in the country and this gave people a bigger social dimension than keeping as much of their earnings for themselves."

Very high taxes on earnings and purchased goods can give very good benefits especially if well spent like you say. I don't agree with the term free benefits / services though. The people still pay for these services just at a differ point. Clearly they prefer this so hats off to them

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Seems to work though

That said, the taxes were well spent in the country and this gave people a bigger social dimension than keeping as much of their earnings for themselves.

Very high taxes on earnings and purchased goods can give very good benefits especially if well spent like you say. I don't agree with the term free benefits / services though. The people still pay for these services just at a differ point. Clearly they prefer this so hats off to them"

At the end of the day it all comes down to quality of life, I worked in Norway a few times in the 90s and yes the Norwegians paid more for alcohol and smoking ect but the wages reflected that and the pay was far better than I could earn in the UK at the time. Norway looks after its people a lot better than the UK back then it was illegal to work more than 37 hours per week I think it was but this could be done in a sort of flexi way where they were allowed to do the equivalent of almost 2 weeks working hours in 1 week as long as they did not work any more than 6 days without a day off, some did this for around 5 weeks then had 5 weeks off which to my mind is a great system.

"With all the problems in the world has not the UN got better things to do all day exept waste more tax payers money from around the world.

"

Cheer up, stop moaning

liverpool

"According to fact check they have £33 an hr minimum wage free university,health and child care and one of the best welfare systems in europe.

Are you talking Denmark? They do not have an official minimum wage but from what I can see, minimum wages are around £12/£13 per hour."

According to fact check the minimum wage is €20 an hr but it lacks a federally mandated minimum wage however trade unions work to ensure it stays at around the €20 euro mark.

Grantham

Hows Denmark getting on with their migrants these days? Is that policy deemed progressive.

And to put a modicum of context in here, the population of Denmark is less than 6 million.

Are you talking Denmark? They do not have an official minimum wage but from what I can see, minimum wages are around £12/£13 per hour.

According to fact check the minimum wage is €20 an hr but it lacks a federally mandated minimum wage however trade unions work to ensure it stays at around the €20 euro mark."

You are right the Danish do earn quite well. They are also taxed very well.

For a worker earning £25k, they will be taxed at 33.5%. The average person though is taxed at nearly 50%.

I wouldn't exactly call all of those things free. Point of use is maybe 'free' but it's paid for through deductions from salary.

liverpool

Hows Denmark getting on with their migrants these days? Is that policy deemed progressive.

And to put a modicum of context in here, the population of Denmark is less than 6 million. "

I dont know but I do know that a lot of the scandi countires are quite liberal in terms of crime and punishment, so I'm guessing that is termed as progressive.

liverpool

According to fact check the minimum wage is €20 an hr but it lacks a federally mandated minimum wage however trade unions work to ensure it stays at around the €20 euro mark.

For a worker earning £25k, they will be taxed at 33.5%. The average person though is taxed at nearly 50%.

I wouldn't exactly call all of those things free. Point of use is maybe 'free' but it's paid for through deductions from salary."

Using that rationale,the nhs isnt 'free'.

The point is ,is it a conoinicedence that many of the happiest countries,have policies aim to reduce the gap between rich and poor or is there another reason?

Not here

According to fact check the minimum wage is €20 an hr but it lacks a federally mandated minimum wage however trade unions work to ensure it stays at around the €20 euro mark."

Is that a different fact-check to the one you quoted as stating that the minimum wage was £33 per hour?

Again, as I said, it does not have an statutory minimum wage but according to several articles that I have looked at, minimum salaries are around 110 DKK per hour, which is about £12/£13 per hour.

liverpool

Is that a different fact-check to the one you quoted as stating that the minimum wage was £33 per hour?

Again, as I said, it does not have an statutory minimum wage but according to several articles that I have looked at, minimum salaries are around 110 DKK per hour, which is about £12/£13 per hour."

I'd put the link up but I'm not getting a ban

So do you have an actual point?

Grantham

From what I've read, the Danes take the highly paid jobs, leaving the lower paid jobs to other citizens of the EU.

liverpool

"From what I've read, the Danes take the highly paid jobs, leaving the lower paid jobs to other citizens of the EU. "

Are Finland and Iceland in the eu?

Grantham

"From what I've read, the Danes take the highly paid jobs, leaving the lower paid jobs to other citizens of the EU.

Are Finland and Iceland in the eu?"

I'm not sure what your point is there?

I was reading up on Denmark. Many Danes are in the highly paid professional job, leaving the lower paid jobs to other EU citizens. I have no figures on how many Icelandic and Finnish people work in Denmark.

Not here

Again, as I said, it does not have an statutory minimum wage but according to several articles that I have looked at, minimum salaries are around 110 DKK per hour, which is about £12/£13 per hour.

So do you have an actual point?"

Yeah, that your initial post was nonsense.

I wouldn't exactly call all of those things free. Point of use is maybe 'free' but it's paid for through deductions from salary.

The point is ,is it a conoinicedence that many of the happiest countries,have policies aim to reduce the gap between rich and poor or is there another reason?"

The NHS isn't free. We pay for it through taxes.

Even if you are currently on benefits, you have contributed through taxes when you were working.

Nothing in life is free

The point is ,is it a conoinicedence that many of the happiest countries,have policies aim to reduce the gap between rich and poor or is there another reason?

The NHS isn't free. We pay for it through taxes.

Even if you are currently on benefits, you have contributed through taxes when you were working.

Nothing in life is free "

The best things in life are free

liverpool

Yeah, that your initial post was nonsense."

Why was it nonsense?

Not here

Why was it nonsense?"

Because you claimed that according to fact check, Denmark’s minimum wage was £33 per hour!

liverpool

Why was it nonsense?

Because you claimed that according to fact check, Denmark’s minimum wage was £33 per hour! "

So just to clarify.denmark is high on the list of happiest countires in the world

I posited a theory that this may be due to a whole host of reasons including a high minimum wage.

Yet according to you, this is all nonsense as you have found that the minimum wage is slightly different.

Therefore you must have an entirely different theory as to why Danes are so happy

I'm all ears.

Not here

Why was it nonsense?

Because you claimed that according to fact check, Denmark’s minimum wage was £33 per hour!

So just to clarify.denmark is high on the list of happiest countires in the world

I posited a theory that this may be due to a whole host of reasons including a high minimum wage.

Yet according to you, this is all nonsense as you have found that the minimum wage is slightly different.

Therefore you must have an entirely different theory as to why Danes are so happy

I'm all ears."

Nope, try and read and then comprehend what others write. I’ve made no comment on anything else other than the fact you were talking out of your rear end by stating that the minimum wage was £33 per hour, which by the way is nearly 3 times the actual figure, never mind ‘slightly different’

So, will you admit you were talking absolutely tosh in stating that the fact checked minimum wage in Denmark is £33 per hour.

I’m all ears too! ??

liverpool

Why was it nonsense?

I'm all ears.

Nope, try and read and then comprehend what others write. I’ve made no comment on anything else other than the fact you were talking out of your rear end by stating that the minimum wage was £33 per hour, which by the way is nearly 3 times the actual figure, never mind ‘slightly different’

So, will you admit you were talking absolutely tosh in stating that the fact checked minimum wage in Denmark is £33 per hour.

I’m all ears too! ??"

I'm confused

You said my argument was nonesense.. can I just clarify what you meant to say was you have found evidence which disputes 1 part of the thesis I have provided?

Is that correct?

Not here

Why was it nonsense?

I'm all ears.

I’m all ears too! ??

I'm confused

You said my argument was nonesense.. can I just clarify what you meant to say was you have found evidence which disputes 1 part of the thesis I have provided?

Is that correct?"

You confuse easily but I make allowances.

I said the figure of £33 per hour was nonsense, do you understand that?

Now, will you admit that that figure was nonsense?

liverpool

Why was it nonsense?

I'm all ears.

I’m all ears too! ??

I'm confused

Is that correct?

Now, will you admit that that figure was nonsense? "

Can I give you a little tip mate?

When you make a post..could you at least try to have a point?

The whole debate is around why those countries are the happiest yet you have succeeded in drowning it in tedium by comparing the minimum wage in denmark.

Which has added literally nothing to do the debate.

I'll glad put my source for the information which seemed to be an anerican fact based site, but as I said a previously, I dont want to get a ban

Good luck in future

Not here

Why was it nonsense?

I'm all ears.

I’m all ears too! ??

I'm confused

Is that correct?

Now, will you admit that that figure was nonsense?

Can I give you a little tip mate?

When you make a post..could you at least try to have a point?

The whole debate is around why those countries are the happiest yet you have succeeded in drowning it in tedium by comparing the minimum wage in denmark.

Which has added literally nothing to do the debate.

I'll glad put my source for the information which seemed to be an anerican fact based site, but as I said a previously, I dont want to get a ban

Good luck in future

"

Here’s a tip to you too mate. If you’re making statements which you claim are fact checked, make sure you are not talking out of your rear end as it makes you look stupid when you are shown to be wrong. It makes you look even more stupid when you try and wriggle out of admitting that your wrong, when the whole post is there for all to see.

As I said earlier, the point of my post was to show that once again, you were talking nonsense in making wholly unsubstantiated and incorrect claims.

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4107107001

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

That's very impressive indeed to have so many things free. Are you sure they are free, seems to good to be true yes they all come of the free tree.It seems people working and paying taxes is actually a waste of time because you can get everything for FREEEEEE "

Lols

But its free

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Starting to see why we are 18th by this thread alone.

liverpool

Another observation

Those who are in the "yeah everything is going well camp'seem to be most cynical about other countries getting things right.

Perish the thought they cant bear the thought of other countires being successful.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Another observation

Those who are in the "yeah everything is going well camp'seem to be most cynical about other countries getting things right.

Perish the thought they cant bear the thought of other countires being successful."

Personally I like to see other countries doing well as it has a knock on effect. It's also interesting to see what can be learnt from them and if it will work here if they have a similar set up to us

liverpool

"Another observation

Perish the thought they cant bear the thought of other countires being successful.

Personally I like to see other countries doing well as it has a knock on effect. It's also interesting to see what can be learnt from them and if it will work here if they have a similar set up to us"

I agree

I thought people would look at what they do and see if we can do it here.

Instead there are jibes and cynicism.

Most noticeably from the people who womt have a bad word said about the uk.

We always miserable in the US

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Poor old Spain.

It’s understandable when you see the Brits arriving at the airport on holiday!! "

a true patriot blame your own country for Spain’s unhappiness wonder how happy they would be if the nasty brits went elsewhere eh lol

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Another observation

Personally I like to see other countries doing well as it has a knock on effect. It's also interesting to see what can be learnt from them and if it will work here if they have a similar set up to us

I agree

I thought people would look at what they do and see if we can do it here.

Instead there are jibes and cynicism.

Most noticeably from the people who womt have a bad word said about the uk."

you won’t say a good word about the U.K. so shhhhh lol

milton keynes

The point is ,is it a conoinicedence that many of the happiest countries,have policies aim to reduce the gap between rich and poor or is there another reason?"

Of course the NHS is not free. It's paid for by all of us all the time we earn and spend money

liverpool

Of course the NHS is not free. It's paid for by all of us all the time we earn and spend money"

The point was..that in places like denmark..they have free child care etc..this was then pointed out it wasnt technically "free'

liverpool

Perhaps over there ,they dont label anyone who gets some help from the state as a scrounger?

Of course the NHS is not free. It's paid for by all of us all the time we earn and spend money"

And it (quite rightly ) provides the same service to all without being based on the amount you ‘pay’ .

milton keynes

Of course the NHS is not free. It's paid for by all of us all the time we earn and spend money

The point was..that in places like denmark..they have free child care etc..this was then pointed out it wasnt technically "free'"

its not free so why call it free is what I do not get. The example of places like Denmark highlight this. Greater taxes give greater benifits but do not make them free. You pay for them via your tax rather than to a nursary for example

liverpool

The point was..that in places like denmark..they have free child care etc..this was then pointed out it wasnt technically "free'

its not free so why call it free is what I do not get. The example of places like Denmark highlight this. Greater taxes give greater benifits but do not make them free. You pay for them via your tax rather than to a nursary for example"

So what you are saying is..having stuff like free child care is not really a plus point because technically it's not free?

milton keynes

its not free so why call it free is what I do not get. The example of places like Denmark highlight this. Greater taxes give greater benifits but do not make them free. You pay for them via your tax rather than to a nursary for example

So what you are saying is..having stuff like free child care is not really a plus point because technically it's not free?"

Not what I said at all. I said its not free so in my opinion to call it free is not correct

So what you are saying is..having stuff like free child care is not really a plus point because technically it's not free?"

We have 'free' childcare in this country too.

At no point did I hear anyone say these things weren't plus points. Just that they aren't 'free'

Get a grip of yourself man, it's not nice to see.

So what you are saying is..having stuff like free child care is not really a plus point because technically it's not free?

Not what I said at all. I said its not free so in my opinion to call it free is not correct"

Healthcare is free to those who people can’t work , it is also cheaper (than private healthcare) to those on low earnings .

liverpool

Not what I said at all. I said its not free so in my opinion to call it free is not correct"

So the next time someone praises the nhs or the vaccine, we are free to say,well it's not actually free?

And again that's not really the point,what is it that those countries have in common,which names it such a good place to live?

Not what I said at all. I said its not free so in my opinion to call it free is not correct

Healthcare is free to those who people can’t work , it is also cheaper (than private healthcare) to those on low earnings . "

Healthcare is free to everyone at point of use.

Don't you think benefits are worked out with a portion going to healthcare, childcare etc?

Maybe if we didn't have all those 'free' services the people who need to claim benefits could actually get a bit more.

Everyone pays, not just workers.

Healthcare is free to those who people can’t work , it is also cheaper (than private healthcare) to those on low earnings .

Don't you think benefits are worked out with a portion going to healthcare, childcare etc?

Maybe if we didn't have all those 'free' services the people who need to claim benefits could actually get a bit more.

Everyone pays, not just workers."

It’s free for students who don’t work as well.

It’s free for students who don’t work as well. "

Yes it is but I see you're trying to be facetious as per. Students are in full time education. They're parents along with everyone else has paid into the system. Not to mention the fact that they will pay in at some point.

The point is that the NHS is paid for by all of us, somewhere, somehow. As a collective.

I'm gonna leave it there now as no doubt next you'll tell me that it's free for someone else who has 'never paid in'

milton keynes

Healthcare is free to those who people can’t work , it is also cheaper (than private healthcare) to those on low earnings . "

indeed it is, but does not make it free. Someone has to pay hence why its not free. Also working is not the only way we pay tax. Many purchases are also taxed

milton keynes

So the next time someone praises the nhs or the vaccine, we are free to say,well it's not actually free?

And again that's not really the point,what is it that those countries have in common,which names it such a good place to live?"

State funded not free

liverpool

And again that's not really the point,what is it that those countries have in common,which names it such a good place to live?

State funded not free"

Not really answering my question?

indeed it is, but does not make it free. Someone has to pay hence why its not free. Also working is not the only way we pay tax. Many purchases are also taxed"

It is free to the people who can’t work but I know what your saying,

Yes it is but I see you're trying to be facetious as per. Students are in full time education. They're parents along with everyone else has paid into the system. Not to mention the fact that they will pay in at some point.

The point is that the NHS is paid for by all of us, somewhere, somehow. As a collective.

I'm gonna leave it there now as no doubt next you'll tell me that it's free for someone else who has 'never paid in'"

I agree, it is paid for by all and is equally shared with all .

milton keynes

State funded not free

Not really answering my question?"

I was pointing out the things you claim to be free are not free. They are state funded. As the state gets money from tax we all pay for it. At no point have I said its a bad thing. I quite like the Denmark set up but I am not going to kid myself into thinking they get these things for free

milton keynes

I'm gonna leave it there now as no doubt next you'll tell me that it's free for someone else who has 'never paid in'

I agree, it is paid for by all and is equally shared with all . "

much prefer it to places like America on paper at least. never lived there or even visited but does not sound a great system

near ipswich

It seems we are happy now than when we were in the EU so that's a positive we have gone from 21st up to 18th things can only get better.

"It seems we are happy now than when we were in the EU so that's a positive we have gone from 21st up to 18th things can only get better. "

The UK dropped from 13th to 18th from 2019 to 2020.

Brexit effect or mishandling of covid, or both maybe.

Not here

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4107107001"

You really should learn to read Lionel.

First of all, the article states a figure of US$20 per hour, not 20 Euros but on further reading, it says that in 2020, minimum wages hovered around US$16.60 per hour (£12) according to one survey and that minimum-wage.org states the minimum wage as being US$18 per hour (£13), which are exactly the figures I quoted to you.

So thank you for confirming that my figures were correct and that you were talking nonsense.

liverpool

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4107107001

First of all, the article states a figure of US$20 per hour, not 20 Euros but on further reading, it says that in 2020, minimum wages hovered around US$16.60 per hour (£12) according to one survey and that minimum-wage.org states the minimum wage as being US$18 per hour (£13), which are exactly the figures I quoted to you.

So thank you for confirming that my figures were correct and that you were talking nonsense. "

Perhaps you should do your own thread on the Danish minimum wage...I'm sure everyone would be utterly fascinated

Not here

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4107107001

So thank you for confirming that my figures were correct and that you were talking nonsense.

Perhaps you should do your own thread on the Danish minimum wage...I'm sure everyone would be utterly fascinated

"

Well it would be more accurate than the rubbish you post

liverpool

And I'm sure it would be absolutely riveting

"It seems we are happy now than when we were in the EU so that's a positive we have gone from 21st up to 18th things can only get better.

Brexit effect or mishandling of covid, or both maybe."

Ah, not so much ‘winning ‘

Not here

"And I'm sure it would be absolutely riveting "

As is the rubbish you post

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"... to put a modicum of context in here, the population of Denmark is less than 6 million. "

This is a fair point. The more people you've got, the more miserable, moaning bastards you've got.

Which makes Germany's appearance in the Top 10 no mean feat.

Have they really got so much more to be happy about than the British? LOL

liverpool

"And I'm sure it would be absolutely riveting

As is the rubbish you post"

Indeed

Thank you once again for wonderful contribution.

You have once again turned an interesting thread into something that could put someone in a coma

Well done.

liverpool

So has anyone any actual suggestions as to why they are so happy?

Not here

Indeed

You have once again turned an interesting thread into something that could put someone in a coma

Well done."

As I said before, I make allowances for you Lionel.

I read the post from the Liverpudlian couple re the Liverpool Social and the socially inept member that they met there.

liverpool

Indeed

Well done.

I read the post from the Liverpudlian couple re the Liverpool Social and the socially inept member that they met there. "

Its touching you take such a keen interest in me but I've never been to a liverpool social

Sorry to disappoint.

Not here

Indeed

Well done.

I read the post from the Liverpudlian couple re the Liverpool Social and the socially inept member that they met there.

Its touching you take such a keen interest in me but I've never been to a liverpool social

Sorry to disappoint."

near ipswich

"It seems we are happy now than when we were in the EU so that's a positive we have gone from 21st up to 18th things can only get better.

Brexit effect or mishandling of covid, or both maybe."

Im not surprised by that to be honest but the point is the country is happier now than when we were in the eu.

Brexit effect or mishandling of covid, or both maybe.Im not surprised by that to be honest but the point is the country is happier now than when we were in the eu. "

It isn’t ,

near ipswich

Brexit effect or mishandling of covid, or both maybe.Im not surprised by that to be honest but the point is the country is happier now than when we were in the eu.

It isn’t , "

But it is in 2015 we were 21st now 18th maths not your strong point?

Brexit effect or mishandling of covid, or both maybe.Im not surprised by that to be honest but the point is the country is happier now than when we were in the eu.

It isn’t , But it is in 2015 we were 21st now 18th maths not your strong point?"

When did we leave the EU?

2018 , 13th

2019, 15th reading not your strong point

near ipswich

It isn’t , But it is in 2015 we were 21st now 18th maths not your strong point?

2018 , 13th

2019, 15th reading not your strong point "

when were we last in the eu before the referendum?

2018 , 13th

2019, 15th reading not your strong point when were we last in the eu before the referendum?"

I will ask again, when did we leave the EU?

near ipswich

2018 , 13th

2019, 15th reading not your strong point when were we last in the eu before the referendum?

I will ask again, when did we leave the EU? "

I will ak you when did we know we were leaving.

It isn’t , But it is in 2015 we were 21st now 18th maths not your strong point?"

So you're arguing that the false hope given to people by brexit gave a bump. Then the reality of brexit, the division it caused, has dropped us down again?

near ipswich

So you're arguing that the false hope given to people by brexit gave a bump. Then the reality of brexit, the division it caused, has dropped us down again?"

No my argument is that the uk became happier after we decided to leave and my guess is its gone up not due to brexit but covid.

2020 21st

2019 15th

2018 19th

2017 19th

2016 23rd.

Apart from covid year where no one has been happy we were rising up the happiness table after the referendum,the figures are there for you.

So you're arguing that the false hope given to people by brexit gave a bump. Then the reality of brexit, the division it caused, has dropped us down again?No my argument is that the uk became happier after we decided to leave and my guess is its gone up not due to brexit but covid.

2020 21st

2019 15th

2018 19th

2017 19th

2016 23rd.

Apart from covid year where no one has been happy we were rising up the happiness table after the referendum,the figures are there for you."

So your argument is based around our handling of covid being worse than other countries?

2018 , 13th

2019, 15th reading not your strong point when were we last in the eu before the referendum?

I will ask again, when did we leave the EU? I will ak you when did we know we were leaving."

We didn’t know when we were leaving until the end of 2019 and we didn’t know how we were leaving until the end of 2020 .

near ipswich

So you're arguing that the false hope given to people by brexit gave a bump. Then the reality of brexit, the division it caused, has dropped us down again?No my argument is that the uk became happier after we decided to leave and my guess is its gone up not due to brexit but covid.

2020 21st

2019 15th

2018 19th

2017 19th

2016 23rd.

Apart from covid year where no one has been happy we were rising up the happiness table after the referendum,the figures are there for you.

So your argument is based around our handling of covid being worse than other countries?

"

no thats not what i said at all i think some countries are more excepting of rules that are put in front of them than liberal UK.

There could be another reason though maybe eu countries are less happy than before because they will have to pay more into the eu.

2020 21st

2019 15th

2018 19th

2017 19th

2016 23rd.

no thats not what i said at all i think some countries are more excepting of rules that are put in front of them than liberal UK.

There could be another reason though maybe eu countries are less happy than before because they will have to pay more into the eu."

Which EU countries went down since 2019? Francs, Spain & Germany all went up

liverpool

Presumably none of the top 10 are in the eu?

"Presumably none of the top 10 are in the eu?"

Only 5 out of 10

near ipswich

Just a thought who got elected in 2019? maybe thats why there was a jump that year.

i will leave you with that for now, things to do.

"Just a thought who got elected in 2019? maybe thats why there was a jump that year.

i will leave you with that for now, things to do. "

We were 15th in 2019 & 18th in 2020, maths not your strong point

2020 21st

2019 15th

2018 19th

2017 19th

2016 23rd.

There could be another reason though maybe eu countries are less happy than before because they will have to pay more into the eu."

Ha. So literally brexit and the Tories are utterly infallible. Do nothing that would ever cause unhappiness?

Grantham

"... to put a modicum of context in here, the population of Denmark is less than 6 million.

This is a fair point. The more people you've got, the more miserable, moaning bastards you've got.

Have they really got so much more to be happy about than the British? LOL"

Germany is the odd one. The rest of the top ten have small populations, are pretty liberal, and are nice scenic countries.

Maybe Germany has that perfect balance between income, taxation, healthcare, education etc.

"

I can see one of the above 'facts' rightfully attracting a good laugh, i.e. the quoted "£33 an hr minimum wage"....!

According to what "fact check..."?

The 'D. Abbott easy reckoner'??

Not a great amount more than my own salary based on a £/hour rate, so not bad for a 'minimum wage' figure....... If it were true...!

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"... to put a modicum of context in here, the population of Denmark is less than 6 million.

Have they really got so much more to be happy about than the British? LOL

Germany is the odd one. The rest of the top ten have small populations, are pretty liberal, and are nice scenic countries.

Maybe Germany has that perfect balance between income, taxation, healthcare, education etc. "

Maybe they do. Your description of the others fits Scotland.

Clearly, we're doing something wrong.

You truly get the leaders you deserve."

It has a ‘can do’ attitude even although they are taxed about 50% but they are happy with that because they see the social benefits.

The UK has. a ‘you can do so I can get’ attitude and a class system that still thinks it’s worthwhile.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Maybe the countries in the top 10 actually have governments that work for the population instead of the corrupt lot we have whose main goal is finding ways to take what they can from the UK taxpayer to cart to the offshore accounts. Regardless of taxes at source ( UK is a very highly taxed country and not just from the wages ) those countries have a population that are happier than the UK regardless of anything else.

» Add a new message to this topic