FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > This week

This week

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

We have learned boris has no case to answer regarding the Jennifer accuri case,the police did absolutely nothing wrong by pinning women to the floor and we dont have a problem with racism in this country.

Well apart from in the labour party between 2017 and 2019.

Yayyy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

If only this simple but I do believe we have made great progress as a nation over the last 30 years have noticed a big change.

Sadly the problem seems more on the internet than in the real world and is a minority

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Context is everything

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

The report into Institutional Racism in the UK, was quite literally a ‘Whitewash’.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"The report into Institutional Racism in the UK, was quite literally a ‘Whitewash’.

"

Well the black chairman didn’t come up with a sufficiently woke answer, so he had to go.

Chudleigh

"The report into Institutional Racism in the UK, was quite literally a ‘Whitewash’.

Well the black chairman didn’t come up with a sufficiently woke answer, so he had to go. "

I’m sorry, but does your sentence mean something?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Well the black chairman didn’t come up with a sufficiently woke answer, so he had to go.

I’m sorry, but does your sentence mean something? "

Yes the wrong answer was delivered by the inquiry according to some.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m sorry, but does your sentence mean something? "

I'll translate.

"The black chairman" = "proof of the integrity of the report, in the eyes of simplistic daily mail readers".

"didn’t come up with a sufficiently woke answer, so he had to go." = "wasnt alert to social injustice and racism enough, so had to go".

I'm not saying it makes any more sense when translated.

Why have admin removed several comments from different people on this thread?

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

I'll translate.

"The black chairman" = "proof of the integrity of the report, in the eyes of simplistic daily mail readers".

"didn’t come up with a sufficiently woke answer, so he had to go." = "wasnt alert to social injustice and racism enough, so had to go".

"

It does and this is why we continue you to have issues with Racism. Governments constantly trying to act like we don't have issues to deal with.

"Why have admin removed several comments from different people on this thread? "

Because it’s a subject they’d rather not be discussed here.

bournemouth

I'll translate.

It does and this is why we continue you to have issues with Racism. Governments constantly trying to act like we don't have issues to deal with."

Humans are tribal we will always be suspicious of strangers that will never change

Chudleigh

I'll translate.

It does and this is why we continue you to have issues with Racism. Governments constantly trying to act like we don't have issues to deal with.

Humans are tribal we will always be suspicious of strangers that will never change"

I disagree with what you are suggesting. White Americans, Whire Canadians, White S Africans, White Australians and White New Zealanders rarely suffer racism even when the are clearly strangers. This is deeper than being suspicious of strangers.

I'll translate.

Humans are tribal we will always be suspicious of strangers that will never change"

Sure, some people are like that. Others are interested in people with different life experiences and like to make friends with a diverse group of people.

bournemouth

I'll translate.

Humans are tribal we will always be suspicious of strangers that will never change

Sure, some people are like that. Others are interested in people with different life experiences and like to make friends with a diverse group of people."

Yes many are interested in different cultures etc. But on their terms, when it's not people are suspicious, it's nothing to do with race it's a natural defensive reaction, it can be caused by those from a different political persuasion or those who support a different team, anything that is different from what you know can cause the reaction.

I'll translate.

I disagree with what you are suggesting. White Americans, Whire Canadians, White S Africans, White Australians and White New Zealanders rarely suffer racism even when the are clearly strangers. This is deeper than being suspicious of strangers."

I’d disagree with this although the only personal experience is with NZ. It’s not so much a suspicion of strangers, it’s a dislike or sometimes hatred of anyone not of your creed or belief system. Whites can be racist to whites, blacks to blacks, Asian to Asian and everything in between.

Chudleigh

I'll translate.

I disagree with what you are suggesting. White Americans, Whire Canadians, White S Africans, White Australians and White New Zealanders rarely suffer racism even when the are clearly strangers. This is deeper than being suspicious of strangers.

I’d disagree with this although the only personal experience is with NZ. It’s not so much a suspicion of strangers, it’s a dislike or sometimes hatred of anyone not of your creed or belief system. Whites can be racist to whites, blacks to blacks, Asian to Asian and everything in between."

My point is that ‘we’ tend to be less worried about ‘strangers’ of our own colour. Why that worry should exist in this day and age, I just don’t know. In my experiemce of life & visiting 50+ countries, I have virtually always found ‘strangers’ to be helpful, charming & kind. So I don’t buy the ‘strangers’ bit, it feels like a cop out to me

I agree with that.

» Add a new message to this topic