FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The George Floyd Murder Trial

The George Floyd Murder Trial

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

One thing I never understood when those 4 or 5 policemen were kneeling on him - why didn’t they just cuff his hands behind his back and leave him be? Why did they need the combined weight of 4 or 5 guys pressing down on him? He just needed to be restrained.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

"One thing I never understood when those 4 or 5 policemen were kneeling on him - why didn’t they just cuff his hands behind his back and leave him be? Why did they need the combined weight of 4 or 5 guys pressing down on him? He just needed to be restrained."

I dont think anybody will ever understand why, there is no justification for what those officers did.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

To me why the expensive trial the evidence is there.It is simple to life in prison the police guy for murder and 30 yeas for his collegues for assisting him.

There is nothing for his defence to argue.more money for lawyers and TV companies.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"To me why the expensive trial the evidence is there.It is simple to life in prison the police guy for murder and 30 yeas for his collegues for assisting him.

There is nothing for his defence to argue.more money for lawyers and TV companies."

I agree,

"To me why the expensive trial the evidence is there.It is simple to life in prison the police guy for murder and 30 yeas for his collegues for assisting him.

There is nothing for his defence to argue.more money for lawyers and TV companies."

In this system who would decide if someone goes on trial or who goes straight to prison for life without any process, review of the evidence etc?

And who would decide on the sentence?

There is nothing for his defence to argue.more money for lawyers and TV companies.

In this system who would decide if someone goes on trial or who goes straight to prison for life without any process, review of the evidence etc?

And who would decide on the sentence?"

Judge Judy,

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

And who would decide on the sentence?"

judge dredd

By *rRightlyMan  over a year ago

Near Brexit dreamer

The officer will probably get some years just because of political pressure. Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner. The knee on the neck part wasnt banned at that time at it was common practise. Criminals saying they cant breathe or other shit is very common and the officers learned to ignore it. Most of the time they are just bullshit, but this time it was real

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"The officer will probably get some years just because of political pressure. Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner. The knee on the neck part wasnt banned at that time at it was common practise. Criminals saying they cant breathe or other shit is very common and the officers learned to ignore it. Most of the time they are just bullshit, but this time it was real"

Daily mail editorial?

Near Brexit dreamer

"The officer will probably get some years just because of political pressure. Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner. The knee on the neck part wasnt banned at that time at it was common practise. Criminals saying they cant breathe or other shit is very common and the officers learned to ignore it. Most of the time they are just bullshit, but this time it was real

Daily mail editorial?"

Never read daily mail in my life. It just logic conclusion, not based on emotions

liverpool

"The officer will probably get some years just because of political pressure. Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner. The knee on the neck part wasnt banned at that time at it was common practise. Criminals saying they cant breathe or other shit is very common and the officers learned to ignore it. Most of the time they are just bullshit, but this time it was real

Daily mail editorial?

Never read daily mail in my life. It just logic conclusion, not based on emotions"

Obviously

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner. "

So you agree he is guilty

Near Brexit dreamer

"Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner.

So you agree he is guilty"

Guilty to lose his job? Of course

To get a prison sentence? Most likely not, only for political reasons

Leeds

Was he negligent to refuse permission for the fire fighter to give him medical treatment when he didn't have a pulse ?

"The officer will probably get some years just because of political pressure. Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner. The knee on the neck part wasnt banned at that time at it was common practise. Criminals saying they cant breathe or other shit is very common and the officers learned to ignore it. Most of the time they are just bullshit, but this time it was real"

Well said

There’s also been some mention of the medical evidence and cause of death being of interest and it not being a straightforward suffocation etc

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t though

They’ll be the usual riots if he’s not guilty or the sentence isn’t enough or if found guilty do the police then have to just walk away from anyone who resists

Near Brexit dreamer

Well said

There’s also been some mention of the medical evidence and cause of death being of interest and it not being a straightforward suffocation etc

They’ll be the usual riots if he’s not guilty or the sentence isn’t enough or if found guilty do the police then have to just walk away from anyone who resists "

There will be riots anyway, no matter the sentence. BLM cant miss "100% discount sale" for the local shops

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have a feeling that the trial will not end the way people think it will.

Well said

They’ll be the usual riots if he’s not guilty or the sentence isn’t enough or if found guilty do the police then have to just walk away from anyone who resists

There will be riots anyway, no matter the sentence. BLM cant miss "100% discount sale" for the local shops "

This is definitely the main issue.

Meanwhile the police should be allowed to execute non-white people at will?

Near Brexit dreamer

Well said

There will be riots anyway, no matter the sentence. BLM cant miss "100% discount sale" for the local shops

Cant Beat a bit of casual racism on a Thursday "

Not too fussed about racism or racist jokes, but it seems you are racist as hell? You see colour everythere? If i would say antifa is rioting, its not racist? But then BLM is rioting it is automatically racism? Love the this crazy logic , it is so funny

liverpool

Well said

Cant Beat a bit of casual racism on a Thursday

Not too fussed about racism or racist jokes, but it seems you are racist as hell? You see colour everythere? If i would say antifa is rioting, its not racist? But then BLM is rioting it is automatically racism? Love the this crazy logic , it is so funny"

I am racist.. and what are you basing that on exactly?

Near Brexit dreamer

Well said

Not too fussed about racism or racist jokes, but it seems you are racist as hell? You see colour everythere? If i would say antifa is rioting, its not racist? But then BLM is rioting it is automatically racism? Love the this crazy logic , it is so funny

I am racist.. and what are you basing that on exactly?"

You see colour problem and there isnt one? Hopefully you dont judge people by the colour of their skin? Like white people are racists, black people are angels and whoever says something bad about BLM are automatically racists?

liverpool

Well said

You see colour problem and there isnt one? Hopefully you dont judge people by the colour of their skin? Like white people are racists, black people are angels and whoever says something bad about BLM are automatically racists? "

Well as I didnt actually say any of that,you are probally onto something there.

Crack on.

Near Brexit dreamer

Well said

You see colour problem and there isnt one? Hopefully you dont judge people by the colour of their skin? Like white people are racists, black people are angels and whoever says something bad about BLM are automatically racists?

Crack on."

Look at your post. I mentioned BLM rioting and your next post is that it is racism. Why you connect BLM criticism with racism?

liverpool

Well said

Crack on.

Look at your post. I mentioned BLM rioting and your next post is that it is racism. Why you connect BLM criticism with racism?

"

You said the only reason they riot is to loot shops.

Near Brexit dreamer

Well said

Crack on.

You said the only reason they riot is to loot shops."

Yeah, how is it racist? You see BLM through the colour of their skin, i see them as a group of different people, lots of them are white. But only you see their colour.

A lil bit racist, ehh?

liverpool

Well said

Crack on.

Yeah, how is it racist? You see BLM through the colour of their skin, i see them as a group of different people, lots of them are white. But only you see their colour.

A lil bit racist, ehh? "

Course it is

Well said

Crack on.

A lil bit racist, ehh? "

It's genuinely interesting to see the power of the right wing media in action.

A man was killed by a policeman kneeling on his neck until he suffocated to death, and this chap has been convinced that BLM are only interested in looting shops.

Near Brexit dreamer

Well said

Crack on.

A lil bit racist, ehh?

Course it is"

Glad you admit it, please try to be less racist in the future

liverpool

Well said

Crack on.

A lil bit racist, ehh?

It's genuinely interesting to see the power of the right wing media in action.

A man was killed by a policeman kneeling on his neck until he suffocated to death, and this chap has been convinced that BLM are only interested in looting shops.

"

And calls other people racist.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"One thing I never understood when those 4 or 5 policemen were kneeling on him - why didn’t they just cuff his hands behind his back and leave him be? Why did they need the combined weight of 4 or 5 guys pressing down on him? He just needed to be restrained."

Can you do me a favour.....

Please dont call it the George Floyd trial.... please call it the Derek Chauvin murder trial

George Floyd is not the one on the stand, Derek Chauvin is

Newcastle and Gateshead

So many things of “wrong” here......

1) if the excessive force played a part in his death, then under Minnesota law he is guilty of murder.... thanks for playing!

2) knees on necks has never been part of police practice...

3) if you looked at the police body cam footage released yesterday.... the four policemen at the scene were so scared during the entire situation that after they handcuffed him, they actually put their guns away! Oh.... wait....

Newcastle and Gateshead

Because the defence are arguing that the knee of neck played no part in his death, his general health condition was why he died...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I have a feeling that the trial will not end the way people think it will. "

Most black people think we know which way it will go..... a policeman as never been found guilty in the line of duty of killing a black man.... and it only takes 1 of the 14 jurors for him to get off

I am interested in seeing the defence try to say dont believe your eyes.... because for the most part the prosecution’s witnesses so far have been fantastic

Leeds

"

Please dont call it the George Floyd trial.... please call it the Derek Chauvin murder trial

George Floyd is not the one on the stand, Derek Chauvin is"

Very well said

"I have a feeling that the trial will not end the way people think it will.

Most black people think we know which way it will go..... a policeman as never been found guilty in the line of duty of killing a black man.... and it only takes 1 of the 14 jurors for him to get off

I am interested in seeing the defence try to say dont believe your eyes.... because for the most part the prosecution’s witnesses so far have been fantastic"

I want him prosecuted. But one of the key witnesses pleaded the 5th. That is not good.

By *unnyPairCouple  over a year ago

Seminole

I think we all agree that no matter the outcome, it would be really nice to see protests conducted peacefully. I really don’t think the destruction of property is warranted in protest. I certainly don’t believe looting helps to send the message concentrated by the protest.

I think all those cops don’t and never did deserve to be in those positions of responsibility, and I think that there needs to be better methods in place to deal with situations like this one was before they took him to the ground.

"I think we all agree that no matter the outcome, it would be really nice to see protests conducted peacefully. I really don’t think the destruction of property is warranted in protest. I certainly don’t believe looting helps to send the message concentrated by the protest.

I think all those cops don’t and never did deserve to be in those positions of responsibility, and I think that there needs to be better methods in place to deal with situations like this one was before they took him to the ground. "

Why focus on the protests?

Surely that's just a distraction from the main story here.

Seminole

Not a reporter, not focused on anything really.

Near Brexit dreamer

God, I love how everyone is so fixated on race

Keep the race bait strong

Newcastle and Gateshead

"God, I love how everyone is so fixated on race

Keep the race bait strong "

So.... wilful ignorance or deliberate obtuseness ..... hmmmmmmm

Near Brexit dreamer

So.... wilful ignorance or deliberate obtuseness ..... hmmmmmmm"

I live in a country where there arent that much racism, people here do not care about it. But at least it is fun to watch you cry about it all the time

It looks like the problem continue to grow and it is being peddled by people who pretend to be against racism, but sees race everythere

I live in a country where there arent that much racism, people here do not care about it. But at least it is fun to watch you cry about it all the time

It looks like the problem continue to grow and it is being peddled by people who pretend to be against racism, but sees race everythere"

Which country do you live in?

Near Brexit dreamer

It looks like the problem continue to grow and it is being peddled by people who pretend to be against racism, but sees race everythere

Which country do you live in? "

Non of your business. It is just 99.9 % white

Non of your business. It is just 99.9 % white"

Ah sorry, I was taking you seriously, I hadn’t realised you were making things up

Newcastle and Gateshead

It looks like the problem continue to grow and it is being peddled by people who pretend to be against racism, but sees race everythere"

Which country do you live in.... as it isn’t like that in the UK (For open transparency.... i knew Stephen lawrence)

Near Brexit dreamer

Ah sorry, I was taking you seriously, I hadn’t realised you were making things up "

making things about what? all i was talking about this race thing in USA

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I agree, "

We agree wow you see allways common ground great

Ah sorry, I was taking you seriously, I hadn’t realised you were making things up

making things about what? all i was talking about this race thing in USA"

Like I said, your making things up you don’t live in a country that is 99.9 % white?

I agree, We agree wow you see allways common ground great "

True, I am not sure it will happen again but it is a start

Newcastle and Gateshead

Non of your business. It is just 99.9 % white"

Actually... out of interest, why was “what country do you live in?” Not a fair and valid question to ask........ you were the one who stated you live in a country with not much racism....

Near Brexit dreamer

Like I said, your making things up you don’t live in a country that is 99.9 % white? "

You can think whatever you want, like I care

Like I said, your making things up you don’t live in a country that is 99.9 % white?

You can think whatever you want, like I care "

Ok Mr rightly, I shall continue thinking your making things up until proved otherwise,

North Bucks

You have referenced your county by name before I’m not going to reveal it on here. But is it really 99.9% white?

"You have referenced your county by name before I’m not going to reveal it on here. But is it really 99.9% white?

"

He lives in ‘near Brexit dreamer’ East Midlands .

North Bucks

"You have referenced your county by name before I’m not going to reveal it on here. But is it really 99.9% white?

He lives in ‘near Brexit dreamer’ East Midlands . "

He has referenced which country he comes from before I’m sure of it. Not my place to reveal if he’s reluctant. Checking Google he may be correct about the stats.

Near Brexit dreamer

"

How the hell should I know, we dont count black people here and there are no statistics regarding this. But I have seen a black person like 2 years ago, so there are definitely some here

How the hell should I know, we dont count black people here and there are no statistics regarding this. But I have seen a black person like 2 years ago, so there are definitely some here"

For someone who doesn't like people referencing "race", you sure do comment on ethnicity an awful lot.

Near Brexit dreamer

How the hell should I know, we dont count black people here and there are no statistics regarding this. But I have seen a black person like 2 years ago, so there are definitely some here

For someone who doesn't like people referencing "race", you sure do comment on ethnicity an awful lot."

Yeah , its a funny topic.

For someone who doesn't like people referencing "race", you sure do comment on ethnicity an awful lot.

Yeah , its a funny topic. "

Why is it funny?

Near Brexit dreamer

Why is it funny? "

The funny part is there you try to fight racism but you are making it worse by the day

Why is it funny?

The funny part is there you try to fight racism but you are making it worse by the day "

Really? And this is coming from someone who lives in a county that is 99.9 % white in the East Midlands of the UK? Do you live in Narnia?

I agree, "

Me too. The video is absolutely horrible. I don't want to ever see it or the likes of ever again

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

"One thing I never understood when those 4 or 5 policemen were kneeling on him - why didn’t they just cuff his hands behind his back and leave him be? Why did they need the combined weight of 4 or 5 guys pressing down on him? He just needed to be restrained.

George Floyd is not the one on the stand, Derek Chauvin is"

I agree. My bad.

I am watching this trial and I still have no idea why all the weight of 4/5 Policemen was put on the guy after his hands were handcuffed behind his back?

It literally makes no sense other than wanting to suffocate him - as they did. They were all culpable - not just the guy who knelt on his neck, all of them,

Newcastle and Gateshead

"One thing I never understood when those 4 or 5 policemen were kneeling on him - why didn’t they just cuff his hands behind his back and leave him be? Why did they need the combined weight of 4 or 5 guys pressing down on him? He just needed to be restrained.

I agree. My bad.

I am watching this trial and I still have no idea why all the weight of 4/5 Policemen was put on the guy after his hands were handcuffed behind his back?

It literally makes no sense other than wanting to suffocate him - as they did. They were all culpable - not just the guy who knelt on his neck, all of them,"

I think what you’ll find is that the other 3 have taken plea deals on lesser charges to then speak against Chauvin.... otherwise it makes no sense to not have all the trials running together as it would bias any other event....

I agree. My bad.

It literally makes no sense other than wanting to suffocate him - as they did. They were all culpable - not just the guy who knelt on his neck, all of them,

I think what you’ll find is that the other 3 have taken plea deals on lesser charges to then speak against Chauvin.... otherwise it makes no sense to not have all the trials running together as it would bias any other event...."

Only issue I see is for the defense is his friend not testifying. He could negate the defense issue because if the drugs were a issue.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

There was no need to have him on his belly for more than the time it took to handcuff him, less than 1 minute, period.

That officer wanted to make him suffer because he was grinding his knee in to hit the right place to make him suffer, that's plainly seen on the video. What his reasons were to inflict suffering on that man I have no idea, but it was definitely on purpose. I've had the training, so I knew it was intentional when I seen the video. That officer had an agenda, he just took it way to far before he knew what he had done.

Nearly everything they did during that arrest was done improperly, and the police department, the lawyers, and the judge already know this. They are just trying to limit the damage at this point.

The officer is most definitely guilty of causing his death. I don't believe he tried to kill him intentionally, but he did make him severly suffer

intentionally, making it very hard to breath and limiting blood flow to the right side of his brain, which did cause his death. I'm very surprised he survived as long as he did, because I can put a young healthy man of his size, with no drugs in his system, in that same situation, but with only one other officer to keep him from rolling over, and I doubt if that man could survive any longer than he did, and possibly not as long as he did.

The human body isn't designed to take the amount of force that was used on that man. It was completely unnecessary, and it ended in a tragedy, that those officers should be accountable for, because any one of those other officers could have stopped it at anytime, but they didn't. They failed their duty as police officers to serve and to protect. To protect, also means to protect anyone from harm, or protect the life of anyone, even if they are dangerous guilty of a serious crime.

If the people don't see that officer made fully accountable for this terrible crime, which he should be, and receive serious time in prison, then the people will find their own satisfaction,

and that's just the way it is. Unaccountability for police officers crimes always leads to unlawful acts by some people, to help satisfy their anger, and to show their utter rage against injustice.

That's just a historical fact that been repeated time and time again.

So, be prepared if he doesn't get serious time !!!

"There was no need to have him on his belly for more than the time it took to handcuff him, less than 1 minute, period.

That officer wanted to make him suffer because he was grinding his knee in to hit the right place to make him suffer, that's plainly seen on the video. What his reasons were to inflict suffering on that man I have no idea, but it was definitely on purpose. I've had the training, so I knew it was intentional when I seen the video. That officer had an agenda, he just took it way to far before he knew what he had done.

Nearly everything they did during that arrest was done improperly, and the police department, the lawyers, and the judge already know this. They are just trying to limit the damage at this point.

The officer is most definitely guilty of causing his death. I don't believe he tried to kill him intentionally, but he did make him severly suffer

intentionally, making it very hard to breath and limiting blood flow to the right side of his brain, which did cause his death. I'm very surprised he survived as long as he did, because I can put a young healthy man of his size, with no drugs in his system, in that same situation, but with only one other officer to keep him from rolling over, and I doubt if that man could survive any longer than he did, and possibly not as long as he did.

The human body isn't designed to take the amount of force that was used on that man. It was completely unnecessary, and it ended in a tragedy, that those officers should be accountable for, because any one of those other officers could have stopped it at anytime, but they didn't. They failed their duty as police officers to serve and to protect. To protect, also means to protect anyone from harm, or protect the life of anyone, even if they are dangerous guilty of a serious crime.

If the people don't see that officer made fully accountable for this terrible crime, which he should be, and receive serious time in prison, then the people will find their own satisfaction,

and that's just the way it is. Unaccountability for police officers crimes always leads to unlawful acts by some people, to help satisfy their anger, and to show their utter rage against injustice.

That's just a historical fact that been repeated time and time again.

So, be prepared if he doesn't get serious time !!!

"

Seminole

No doubt that the guy shouldn’t have died from what should have been a simple arrest. I’ll never agree that the destruction and further death incited in the aftermath was necessary, and I’m just hoping that towns and cities can keep it together following this verdict.

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

If the verdict is appropriate, and the officer serves serious prison time, there won't be much trouble, if the verdict isn't appropriate, then they better be expecting serious trouble, because people are fed up with crooked cops not being held accountable for their actions. if people can't get satisfaction in the courts legally, they will get it on the streets illegally until things get changed. That's just the simple truth of the matter. If you hurt enough people, pretty soon they start hurting back with a vengeance to make a statement.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"If the verdict is appropriate, and the officer serves serious prison time, there won't be much trouble, if the verdict isn't appropriate, then they better be expecting serious trouble, because people are fed up with crooked cops not being held accountable for their actions. if people can't get satisfaction in the courts legally, they will get it on the streets illegally until things get changed. That's just the simple truth of the matter. If you hurt enough people, pretty soon they start hurting back with a vengeance to make a statement."

Nothing like pre judging the outcome, perhaps we should all wait for the jury to decide after hearing all the evidence, after all in a civilised society that is how guilt or not guilty is decided, either that or we just go kangaroo court.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Nothing like pre judging the outcome, perhaps we should all wait for the jury to decide after hearing all the evidence, after all in a civilised society that is how guilt or not guilty is decided, either that or we just go kangaroo court. "

The problem in this case is that the defence are trying to tell you that your eyes are not seeing what your eyes are seeing..... and no amount of cams we have seen so far have said we didn’t see what we are seeing.....

The defence are trying to say that it wasn’t the knee to his neck that killed him... it was his other conditions, and the knee to the neck just happened to be incidental, because he would have died at that point regardless....

The defence have to turn this into a trial on George floyd rather than derek Chauvin... floyd can’t answer, and there is zero chance that Chauvin will take the stand

"

The defence are trying to say that it wasn’t the knee to his neck that killed him... it was his other conditions, and the knee to the neck just happened to be incidental, because he would have died at that point regardless....

"

I've been watching it live on CNN when possible. Defence worked hard to prevent the patrol sergeant discussing his 'use of force review'. As you say, they are taking the jury down the pre existing health and lifestyle route. Rather than the actions of the defendant and officers.

I haven't viewed post mortem or toxicology evidence, have I missed that or is it still to be introduced?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I've been watching it live on CNN when possible. Defence worked hard to prevent the patrol sergeant discussing his 'use of force review'. As you say, they are taking the jury down the pre existing health and lifestyle route. Rather than the actions of the defendant and officers.

I haven't viewed post mortem or toxicology evidence, have I missed that or is it still to be introduced?"

Still to be introduced... There have been 2 different official post-mortems done.... one by the state, one by the family.... both of them rule the cause of death as a homicide

bournemouth

"Nothing like pre judging the outcome, perhaps we should all wait for the jury to decide after hearing all the evidence, after all in a civilised society that is how guilt or not guilty is decided, either that or we just go kangaroo court.

The problem in this case is that the defence are trying to tell you that your eyes are not seeing what your eyes are seeing..... and no amount of cams we have seen so far have said we didn’t see what we are seeing.....

The defence have to turn this into a trial on George floyd rather than derek Chauvin... floyd can’t answer, and there is zero chance that Chauvin will take the stand

"

But that is the whole point, people can see what happened but there is a whole load of more evidence needed to show what caused the death, the circumstances that led to the policeman kneeling on his neck etc etc. If after a fair trial he is found guilty then the court should decide on the sentence, too many are just seeing the footage and making their decision on that.

If a child was run down by a car doing 40 miles an hour in a 30 zone and it was captured on cctv, people would scream for the driver to be punished, however it could be the driver had had a heart attack or the car had a fault whereby the driver couldnt control it etc and so the driver was not at fault, if you just went on the video evidence a miscarriage of justice might well occur.

If the copper is guilty then punish him but on all the evidence not just part of it.

Leeds

"

If a child was run down by a car doing 40 miles an hour in a 30 zone and it was captured on cctv, people would scream for the driver to be punished, however it could be the driver had had a heart attack or the car had a fault whereby the driver couldnt control it etc and so the driver was not at fault, if you just went on the video evidence a miscarriage of justice might well occur.

"

How can kneeling on someone's neck for nine minutes 40 seconds be accidental ?

bournemouth

"

How can kneeling on someone's neck for nine minutes 40 seconds be accidental ?"

Did I say it was accidental? Did I say the car accident was accidental? Are you medically qualified to know cause of death from a clip on TV have you seen the whole clip from start to finish ? Have you seen all the evidence from both prosecution and defence ?

The clip makes it look bad without doubt and IF the jury find him guilty on ALL of the evidence then he deserves the punishment the judge will hand down, if we are going to dish out justice on the basis of a clip seen on tv without a fair trial then we are on a very slippery slope to kangaroo courts and lynch mobs.

By *assage_noirMan  over a year ago

1The Angel

At times its best to ignore certain things said on this platform as a blackman.

Have anyone in here done mma and temporarily have a knee or leg on your neck with pressure for over 3 minutes.

Also as mention it has never been legal to put knee on neck in that state.

Also mention of kangaroo court, no one wants that and as mentioned many maybe short by outcome, very possible and the rule of law is not always fair for all.

Anyone another cop dead in Washington dc.

"At times its best to ignore certain things said on this platform as a blackman.

Have anyone in here done mma and temporarily have a knee or leg on your neck with pressure for over 3 minutes.

Also mention of kangaroo court, no one wants that and as mentioned many maybe short by outcome, very possible and the rule of law is not always fair for all.

Anyone another cop dead in Washington dc. "

Never ignore if you have something to say. That's the point of forums. The law will apply there is no way even with other evidence. You are right a neck hold you black out in half the time.

I just have a question witout offending anyone! Why murderers such as that cop get only 30 years or whatever? Why shudnt he get death penalty? Life for life isnt equal justice?

"I just have a question witout offending anyone! Why murderers such as that cop get only 30 years or whatever? Why shudnt he get death penalty? Life for life isnt equal justice?"

Death penalty for murder?

There are strong arguments against it.

There are estimates that over 4% of people executed are found to be innocent after the execution.

There are of course moral objections. Based around the right to take a human life, and the concept of retribution being more important than punishment.

Countries that have the death penalty have problems extraditing people from countries that don't have capital punishment.

I'm sure someone will give you more reasons.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Only thing what he did wrong was excessive force and not checking on him sooner.

So you agree he is guilty

Guilty to lose his job? Of course

To get a prison sentence? Most likely not, only for political reasons"

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or not, but I'll assume you are.

1. Reasonable and protportionate restraint is justified if a detainee is a physical risk to himself, the public or the officers arresting him.

2. Floyd had been restrained and handcuffed, therefore the use of force against him whilst prone was unnecessary.

3. The police refused medical assistance from a member of the public who was an Emergency Medicine Technician.

4. Kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes is effectively a summary execution.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

So many things of “wrong” here......

1) if the excessive force played a part in his death, then under Minnesota law he is guilty of murder.... thanks for playing!

2) knees on necks has never been part of police practice...

3) if you looked at the police body cam footage released yesterday.... the four policemen at the scene were so scared during the entire situation that after they handcuffed him, they actually put their guns away! Oh.... wait...."

If there’s only one thing that should get him found guilty if murder it should be the refusal to allow the firefighter to give him aid after he was told he couldn’t feel a pulse.

There’s your murder right there.

S

Because someone handcuffed even to the rear can still be a threat. And it does take several people to restrain one uncompliant subject safely ie minimising the risk of injury to the officers and lowering the overall force required by said officers to keep control of a subject.

As for the argument that the evidence is ‘already there’ for a murder charge and complicit charges for the other officers....no. There’s due process and everyone has a right to a fair trial. Fact of the matter is there are things in this case that need explaining. From the phone footage that went round the world it looks like a straight up murder. From witness evidence and the bodycams of other officers, there’s more nuance required to get a fair and just answer.

Personally I think it will result in a manslaughter charge for Chauvin and then we’ll see a surge of violent protest that’ll likely take off over here.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"At times its best to ignore certain things said on this platform as a blackman.

Anyone another cop dead in Washington dc. "

Like the balance in view, yes think police are trained to kneel on them (but not on neck, i dont think), they will have a whole load of rules, can anyone imagine a fire fighter letting you use their ladder! They cant or in deep shit.... I used to be in a job and we were told never to say sorry, as that meant we were culpable! And having had a fight with someone on drugs, it is amazing how much extra it gives them! Dont think the crowd helped, just added threat factor, kneel on ground and let people stand round you and see how you feel.... Im not favoring cop, there is a case to answer but think its for the jury who get to know all the facts and not just vid clips

Because someone handcuffed even to the rear can still be a threat. And it does take several people to restrain one uncompliant subject safely ie minimising the risk of injury to the officers and lowering the overall force required by said officers to keep control of a subject.

As for the argument that the evidence is ‘already there’ for a murder charge and complicit charges for the other officers....no. There’s due process and everyone has a right to a fair trial. Fact of the matter is there are things in this case that need explaining. From the phone footage that went round the world it looks like a straight up murder. From witness evidence and the bodycams of other officers, there’s more nuance required to get a fair and just answer.

Personally I think it will result in a manslaughter charge for Chauvin and then we’ll see a surge of violent protest that’ll likely take off over here. "

Most people are already talking more about how the protests will turn violent, than the case itself.

The right wing media has done its job exceptionally well here with a couple of years of focus on protests and riots instead of looking at the issues that cause people to want to protest.

Personally I think it will result in a manslaughter charge for Chauvin and then we’ll see a surge of violent protest that’ll likely take off over here.

Most people are already talking more about how the protests will turn violent, than the case itself.

The right wing media has done its job exceptionally well here with a couple of years of focus on protests and riots instead of looking at the issues that cause people to want to protest."

Just a thought but perhaps they dont want to see more innocent lives lost and more business’s destroyed like last time

The right wing media has done its job exceptionally well here with a couple of years of focus on protests and riots instead of looking at the issues that cause people to want to protest."

Nothing wrong being prepared for a verdict. That is for the jury to decide. Not media.

Notts

why would people think a jury is so wrong that they need to riot? seriously?

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

So many people when being arrested say they cant breath...or they are being hurt. If they didnt struggle and resist they wouldnt need to be sat on/restrained. Its a difficult call for an officer when a large percentage of the time the offender being arrested complains...crying wolf clouds and must affect the judgement of any officer. When faced with these decisions and type of people everyday it must be difficult to distinguish between genuine complaints and wingers....

I guess if you are not compliant to an officers requests you run the risk of being hurt...especially if under the influence of drugs or drink when your inhibitions are relaxed...a difficult call for officers i feel.

I’d rather people just allowed due process to take its course and deal with the result appropriately. Protest is fine. Violence is not. We were all so quick to condemn the violence at the capitol, why not the other way?

The right wing media has done its job exceptionally well here with a couple of years of focus on protests and riots instead of looking at the issues that cause people to want to protest.

I’d rather people just allowed due process to take its course and deal with the result appropriately. Protest is fine. Violence is not. We were all so quick to condemn the violence at the capitol, why not the other way? "

True technically if there is a riot it usurping democracy in progress.

"So many people when being arrested say they cant breath...or they are being hurt. If they didnt struggle and resist they wouldnt need to be sat on/restrained. Its a difficult call for an officer when a large percentage of the time the offender being arrested complains...crying wolf clouds and must affect the judgement of any officer. When faced with these decisions and type of people everyday it must be difficult to distinguish between genuine complaints and wingers....

I guess if you are not compliant to an officers requests you run the risk of being hurt...especially if under the influence of drugs or drink when your inhibitions are relaxed...a difficult call for officers i feel.

"

They’re trained to deal with positional asphyxia so ‘should’ be able to recognise when their physical restraint is killing someone. Just one of many factors the jury is going to have to consider.

The fentanyl in his body being four times the considered lethal dose along with meth didn’t help. Like I’ve already said there’s a lot more to this case than the original video. I’m following it pretty closely and the prosecution had a really bad day yesterday. I’d be surprised by a charge of murder from what’s been heard so far.

Obviously because even if evidence exists, defendants have the right to legal defense. That's how the justice system works.

"

why would people think a jury is so wrong that they need to riot? seriously? "

Because the protests and riots are politically motivated by professional seditious organisations like BLM, that's why. Always be suspicious when a tragedy is being used to gain power.

"So many people when being arrested say they cant breath...or they are being hurt. If they didnt struggle and resist they wouldnt need to be sat on/restrained. Its a difficult call for an officer when a large percentage of the time the offender being arrested complains...crying wolf clouds and must affect the judgement of any officer. When faced with these decisions and type of people everyday it must be difficult to distinguish between genuine complaints and wingers....

They’re trained to deal with positional asphyxia so ‘should’ be able to recognise when their physical restraint is killing someone. Just one of many factors the jury is going to have to consider.

The fentanyl in his body being four times the considered lethal dose along with meth didn’t help. Like I’ve already said there’s a lot more to this case than the original video. I’m following it pretty closely and the prosecution had a really bad day yesterday. I’d be surprised by a charge of murder from what’s been heard so far. "

2nd degree murder or voulantary manslaughter. 1 of the 2 is going to be the outcome.

By *eerobCouple  over a year ago

solihull

The trouble is if the officer is convicted...there will be riots. If the officer is found guilty..there will be riots

"The trouble is if the officer is convicted...there will be riots. If the officer is found guilty..there will be riots"

And if there is what is the correct response. Optics are going to be a major issue. Police and national guard supression is going to be extremely hard

Glasgow

"

I'm sorry but detainees 'crying wolf' is a red herring.

If I put my knee to your neck I'm well aware that will eventually impair your ability to breathe.

If I maintain the pressure for nine minutes the intention is to kill you.

If you're in handcuffs, on the floor I know your ability to resist arrest is nullified..it isn't rocket science.

Glasgow

Just a thought but perhaps they dont want to see more innocent lives lost and more business’s destroyed like last time"

That's a quite naive view, do you honestly believe the media has an interest in the prevention of businesses being destroyed or lives being lost? What would they report on?

Notts

"

why would people think a jury is so wrong that they need to riot? seriously?

Because the protests and riots are politically motivated by professional seditious organisations like BLM, that's why. Always be suspicious when a tragedy is being used to gain power. "

thats my point, i cant see how anyone can say fuck the jury and actually justify it, they are going to say fuck the system, its rigged. Well they cant blame trump this time round so wheres it heading? civil war? it seems to be across world, people dont seem to know what they want from society!

Notts

yes they dont want police killing people! obviously before some arse says it!

Near Brexit dreamer

If I put my knee to your neck I'm well aware that will eventually impair your ability to breathe.

If you're in handcuffs, on the floor I know your ability to resist arrest is nullified..it isn't rocket science."

It seems it is rocket science for you

Do you think officer's intention was to kill the guy? Seriously? He just thought Im gonna kill this guy and ruin my life as there are so many people watching and filming? And you actually believe it was intentional murder?

If you're in handcuffs, on the floor I know your ability to resist arrest is nullified..it isn't rocket science.

Do you think officer's intention was to kill the guy? Seriously? He just thought Im gonna kill this guy and ruin my life as there are so many people watching and filming? And you actually believe it was intentional murder? "

More then likely the outcome going to be a manslaughter conviction.

Notts

just read up on manslaughter! involuntary manslaughter might fit, there are several grades of manslaughter.

But there could be a whole load of factors called on yet, if his back up had arrived quicker he wouldnt have been on floor for nine minutes... how did the officer know how long they would be?

I’d rather people just allowed due process to take its course and deal with the result appropriately. Protest is fine. Violence is not. We were all so quick to condemn the violence at the capitol, why not the other way? "

Yeah the trial just needs to go ahead uninfluenced by the media.

But look at some of the other replies on this thread. People have been convinced that BLM protestors are the only problem here. The media is powerful, and is used as a tool.

Glasgow

"

Do you think officer's intention was to kill the guy? Seriously? He just thought Im gonna kill this guy and ruin my life as there are so many people watching and filming? And you actually believe it was intentional murder? "

I think he was negligently reckless in his treatment of a detainee in his care.

In other words he didn't care if Lloyd lived or died because in his state of anger he lost all sense of reasoning.

Tell me, do you think that people who kill others in pub fights want to kill their victims? Probably not, but they still receive a conviction and go to jail.

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

This is going to cause apoplectic reactions but sadist and horrible c..t that chauvin obviously is I don't think he should be found guilt. Putting aside the emotionality of the case there is too much reasonable doubt as to the cause of death as the first autopsy found no sign of asphyxiation as cause of death and indicated a fatal amount of barbiturates in Floyd's system coupled with a heart condition as a contributory factor. Chauvin though reckless and continuing the hold for far longer than neccesary should be found guilty of manslaughter because of the obvious doubt over the cause of death. This though will not assuage the mob and I suspect the trial is a facade . He will be found guilty of murder.

Notts

"

Do you think officer's intention was to kill the guy? Seriously? He just thought Im gonna kill this guy and ruin my life as there are so many people watching and filming? And you actually believe it was intentional murder?

I think he was negligently reckless in his treatment of a detainee in his care.

In other words he didn't care if Lloyd lived or died because in his state of anger he lost all sense of reasoning.

Tell me, do you think that people who kill others in pub fights want to kill their victims? Probably not, but they still receive a conviction and go to jail."

it wasnt a fight, he had to arrest him if he wanted to or not because a crime had been committed, if no crime had happened no one would of been on floor, if he had just gotten in car it wouldnt have happened, if he didnt have drugs in system..... do we want police?

Did the officer use unreasonable force? did he break procedure?

did the crowd help or hinder?

Looks like we need a jury!