FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boris

Boris

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ethnmelv OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

“He is a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffoon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgement. He is an international stain on our reputation. He is a lonely, selfish, ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot.’”

Sir Alan Duncan was the prime minister’s deputy when he was foreign secretary.

Now I don’t personally now Boris, but this was my impression anyway. Nice to see it confirmed so clearly

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"“He is a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffoon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgement. He is an international stain on our reputation. He is a lonely, selfish, ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot.’”

Sir Alan Duncan was the prime minister’s deputy when he was foreign secretary

Now I don’t personally now Boris, but this was my impression anyway. Nice to see it confirmed so clearly "

I haven’t seen or heard that quote before OP but I personally have very little faith in any of the politicians presently in the house. I am grateful for the fact that Corbyn never made PM but that fact does not mean that the bunch in charge now are much more capable. I suspect that Keir would have struggled just as much as Boris in dealing with the unprecedented crisis of covid. Boris is not a Trump by any stretch of the imagination but is still reliant on personality instead of statesmanship. He loves himself and the idea of being in charge but doesn’t have the prerequisite skills to hold this office.

By *loughing the landMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

"“He is a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffoon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgement. He is an international stain on our reputation. He is a lonely, selfish, ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot.’”

Now I don’t personally now Boris, but this was my impression anyway. Nice to see it confirmed so clearly "

. Whilst everyone has an opinion the one that counts is the result that is returned on election day. ( and consequently the opinion of the electorate ).

We can assume that Sir Alan Duncan needed to spice things up a bit in order to increase sales of his book .

Not many people can speak six different languages. Boris is a man of many skills who can mix with everyone , hence his popularity with the electorate. In recent months the Conservative lead over Labour has widened substantially.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Now I don’t personally now Boris, but this was my impression anyway. Nice to see it confirmed so clearly . Whilst everyone has an opinion the one that counts is the result that is returned on election day. ( and consequently the opinion of the electorate ).

We can assume that Sir Alan Duncan needed to spice things up a bit in order to increase sales of his book .

Not many people can speak six different languages. Boris is a man of many skills who can mix with everyone , hence his popularity with the electorate. In recent months the Conservative lead over Labour has widened substantially. "

Didn’t day Boris on anyone ballot paper that I remember??

Manchester

Now I don’t personally now Boris, but this was my impression anyway. Nice to see it confirmed so clearly . Whilst everyone has an opinion the one that counts is the result that is returned on election day. ( and consequently the opinion of the electorate ).

Not many people can speak six different languages. Boris is a man of many skills who can mix with everyone , hence his popularity with the electorate. In recent months the Conservative lead over Labour has widened substantially. "

I forgot to mention . An ex girlfriend could speak five languages but other than that and poetry wasn’t the brightest spark in the box. Didn’t have a clue about politics or the economy.. I must admit seriously good looking though. After I got to really know her better and realised who she wasn’t the attraction waned.

Boris uses language quotes to throw people of guard as you can’t respond to a Latin saying and it’s usually meaningless.

My money is on him being the lying buffoon he appears to be.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Said by a very jealous man who did not make it to number one.He also slagged off the previous PM's just a nasty little man who failed to be PM all he says is pathetic.I am surprised at the mail for printing this sad crap,would have expected it more in the Sunday people or such like

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

It's true he did say that. He also has said similar about Teresa may and David Cameron. I wonder what his political allegiance is?

Also he has a book to sell.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Don't think the British public knew that they were voting for a Buffoon. All they heard from him was get Brexit done and what a f--- up he has made of that.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Not many people can speak six different languages. Boris is a man of many skills who can mix with everyone , hence his popularity with the electorate. In recent months the Conservative lead over Labour has widened substantially.

Don't think the British public knew that they were voting for a Buffoon. All they heard from him was get Brexit done and what a f--- up he has made of that. "

I think the electorate knew him well enough at the time of the election. He was not exactly an unknown person

Sir Alan Duncan was the prime minister’s deputy when he was foreign secretary

Now I don’t personally now Boris, but this was my impression anyway. Nice to see it confirmed so clearly

I haven’t seen or heard that quote before OP but I personally have very little faith in any of the politicians presently in the house. I am grateful for the fact that Corbyn never made PM but that fact does not mean that the bunch in charge now are much more capable. I suspect that Keir would have struggled just as much as Boris in dealing with the unprecedented crisis of covid. Boris is not a Trump by any stretch of the imagination but is still reliant on personality instead of statesmanship. He loves himself and the idea of being in charge but doesn’t have the prerequisite skills to hold this office."

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m not fooled by the buffoonery and clown act.

Chudleigh

It is very funny how some on hereleap to his defence, particularly pointing out supposed failings in others. Boris is a complete and utter buffoon, a liar and a failure - pretty much everything he touches turns to Pyrite

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"It is very funny how some on hereleap to his defence, particularly pointing out supposed failings in others. Boris is a complete and utter buffoon, a liar and a failure - pretty much everything he touches turns to Pyrite "

Don't see much leaping to his defence just some pointing out a few things(given its a forum). I just said the electorate knew Boris quite well long before the election

Were it just some nonentity that had called him, and I paraphrase- a lying, ignorant toad, I’d shrug it off. If it was only one person who’d worked with him, I’d shrug it off saying personality clash, maybe.

But when it is a description of the man by so,SO many people who have worked with him, employed or know him, it’s the truth.

Confirmation, if needed by the blind, is in his handling of himself, his idiocy in PMQ, his absolutely dreadful handling of COVID pandemic, the effect of policies he rules over and the dreadful reputation of the UK’s standing in the world.

Chudleigh

"Were it just some nonentity that had called him, and I paraphrase- a lying, ignorant toad, I’d shrug it off. If it was only one person who’d worked with him, I’d shrug it off saying personality clash, maybe.

But when it is a description of the man by so,SO many people who have worked with him, employed or know him, it’s the truth.

Confirmation, if needed by the blind, is in his handling of himself, his idiocy in PMQ, his absolutely dreadful handling of COVID pandemic, the effect of policies he rules over and the dreadful reputation of the UK’s standing in the world."

Sadly too many on hear are willing to put up with this. I imagine it will come as a shock to them all when they discover the ‘golden thread’ wasn’t real!

Althoughnit will then become our fault for not pointing out more clearly that Boris is a shabby Emperor with shabby new clothes.

You’ve seen him with clothes on? Wow- you must have got him on a good day when he wasn’t wearing his Emperor’s New Clothes!

Chudleigh

"You’ve seen him with clothes on? Wow- you must have got him on a good day when he wasn’t wearing his Emperor’s New Clothes!"

What a dreadful image!

Quite put me off my tea......for the next month!

upton wirral

Don't think the British public knew that they were voting for a Buffoon. All they heard from him was get Brexit done and what a f--- up he has made of that. "

Done it kept promise also promised vaccine success kept promise

upton wirral

"It is very funny how some on hereleap to his defence, particularly pointing out supposed failings in others. Boris is a complete and utter buffoon, a liar and a failure - pretty much everything he touches turns to Pyrite "
Tell truth on many things you just hate his success just jealous

Chudleigh

"It is very funny how some on hereleap to his defence, particularly pointing out supposed failings in others. Boris is a complete and utter buffoon, a liar and a failure - pretty much everything he touches turns to Pyrite Tell truth on many things you just hate his success just jealous"

Jealous of a complete twat, I don’t think so. Worried about how he is cocking up Britain, yes. I cannot think of a less competent leader

Chudleigh

"It is very funny how some on hereleap to his defence, particularly pointing out supposed failings in others. Boris is a complete and utter buffoon, a liar and a failure - pretty much everything he touches turns to Pyrite Tell truth on many things you just hate his success just jealous

Jealous of a complete twat, I don’t think so. Worried about how he is cocking up Britain, yes. I cannot think of a less competent leader "

Nobody disagreeing then

By *eparrain1Man  over a year ago

Stone

By *eparrain1Man  over a year ago

Stone

"Were it just some nonentity that had called him, and I paraphrase- a lying, ignorant toad, I’d shrug it off. If it was only one person who’d worked with him, I’d shrug it off saying personality clash, maybe.

Confirmation, if needed by the blind, is in his handling of himself, his idiocy in PMQ, his absolutely dreadful handling of COVID pandemic, the effect of policies he rules over and the dreadful reputation of the UK’s standing in the world.

Sadly too many on hear are willing to put up with this. I imagine it will come as a shock to them all when they discover the ‘golden thread’ wasn’t real!

Althoughnit will then become our fault for not pointing out more clearly that Boris is a shabby Emperor with shabby new clothes. "

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"It is very funny how some on hereleap to his defence, particularly pointing out supposed failings in others. Boris is a complete and utter buffoon, a liar and a failure - pretty much everything he touches turns to Pyrite Tell truth on many things you just hate his success just jealous

Jealous of a complete twat, I don’t think so. Worried about how he is cocking up Britain, yes. I cannot think of a less competent leader "

And yet as far as I can see no one who is slating Boris has actually made a positive suggestion as to who a competent PM would be?

Come on, name someone else?

(and I'm not gonna accept Keir, he got in a right muddle six weeks ago at PMQs)

upton wirral

Can think of many

Chudleigh

Jealous of a complete twat, I don’t think so. Worried about how he is cocking up Britain, yes. I cannot think of a less competent leader Can think of many"

Any suggestions?

westerham

Jealous of a complete twat, I don’t think so. Worried about how he is cocking up Britain, yes. I cannot think of a less competent leader Can think of many

Any suggestions?"

Oh come on, that's too easy. McDonnell, Abbott, Clegg, Grayling etc etc etc there's millions

Chudleigh

Jealous of a complete twat, I don’t think so. Worried about how he is cocking up Britain, yes. I cannot think of a less competent leader Can think of many

Any suggestions?

Oh come on, that's too easy. McDonnell, Abbott, Clegg, Grayling etc etc etc there's millions "

Were any of them Prime Minister? - the question was about Leaders...

westerham

Any suggestions?

Oh come on, that's too easy. McDonnell, Abbott, Clegg, Grayling etc etc etc there's millions

Were any of them Prime Minister? - the question was about Leaders... "

Brown, May, Eden.

Interesting book by Anthony Seldon ranking all the Prime Ministers just come out, worth a read.

Chudleigh

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

Interesting book by Anthony Seldon ranking all the Prime Ministers just come out, worth a read. "

Where does Boris come? Nice to see you are now answering my point about Leadership. Interesting that all 3 of them had to deal with crises - Suez, Financial Crash and Brexit.

westerham

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

Interesting book by Anthony Seldon ranking all the Prime Ministers just come out, worth a read.

Where does Boris come? Nice to see you are now answering my point about Leadership. Interesting that all 3 of them had to deal with crises - Suez, Financial Crash and Brexit. "

You weren't specific about leading what, so I had to take a very educated guess. Seldon started the book after a 2016 lecture, so Boris isn't included, and he's not on any aggregate wiki lists yet, you'll have to wait.

Just to wind you up, the Thatch is consistently ranked top 3, by both public, academic and parliamentarian polls.

upton wirral

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

Where does Boris come? Nice to see you are now answering my point about Leadership. Interesting that all 3 of them had to deal with crises - Suez, Financial Crash and Brexit.

You weren't specific about leading what, so I had to take a very educated guess. Seldon started the book after a 2016 lecture, so Boris isn't included, and he's not on any aggregate wiki lists yet, you'll have to wait.

Just to wind you up, the Thatch is consistently ranked top 3, by both public, academic and parliamentarian polls. "

Not read it but my guess the top three in no particular order Thatcher,Churchill and Atlee

westerham

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

Just to wind you up, the Thatch is consistently ranked top 3, by both public, academic and parliamentarian polls. Not read it but my guess the top three in no particular order Thatcher,Churchill and Atlee"

Yep I think so, now we wait for one of the usual suspects to mention famine in India or some such.

Chudleigh

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

Just to wind you up, the Thatch is consistently ranked top 3, by both public, academic and parliamentarian polls. "

Thatch had many faults, but she was a magnitude more intelligent than Boris. She would not have ended up with the worst deal in history, the worst Cabinet in History and the biggest death rate in Europe.

I would take her over Boris any day

westerham

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

Just to wind you up, the Thatch is consistently ranked top 3, by both public, academic and parliamentarian polls.

Thatch had many faults, but she was a magnitude more intelligent than Boris. She would not have ended up with the worst deal in history, the worst Cabinet in History and the biggest death rate in Europe.

I would take her over Boris any day "

The deal is great, nothing Boris can do about the quality of MPs to choose from, and no one knows what the comparative death rate is.

And I still didn't vote for him.

Manchester

Jealous of a complete twat, I don’t think so. Worried about how he is cocking up Britain, yes. I cannot think of a less competent leader

And yet as far as I can see no one who is slating Boris has actually made a positive suggestion as to who a competent PM would be?

(and I'm not gonna accept Keir, he got in a right muddle six weeks ago at PMQs) "

Chris I love the PMQ reference that made me smile. I can’t can’t remember a PM being so soundly useless at every question time since they began.

It’s cringeworthy how Boris is either unable to answer a question because he doesn’t understand it, hadn’t read the brief or because he can’t remember which lie he made that it refers to!!

Starmer got slated for visiting the anti gay church so apologised .

May visited the same church as did Cameron in the past.

Boris visited last year and was slated but didn’t apologise as he doesn’t. The thing that confirmed the true idiot he is, was that he visited the church in 2009 and got criticised then, but had obviously forgotten!! Ha ha he’s a clown!!

Manchester

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

The deal is great, nothing Boris can do about the quality of MPs to choose from, and no one knows what the comparative death rate is.

And I still didn't vote for him. "

The deal is a disaster. It had shown no benefits after being planned for 5 years.

On choice of MPs you do know over 40% of Tory MPs are chosen and parachuted in by the Tory party head office!! As ye sow!!!

The death rate and total number are too high and I couldn’t give a toss where we are in rankings . The epidemic was badly handled and too many people died who didn’t need to.

Chudleigh

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

And I still didn't vote for him. "

I’m sure your Professors will tell you that Excess deaths is a good comparator (an organization, activity, etc. that is used to judge the performance of another similar organization or activity)

North Bucks

Bring back Maggie.

Never thought I would see the day she was compared favourably to someone on the forums.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The current state of the nation is symptomatic of electing a leader based on a ideological fantasies. As long as we vote for personality over competence and choose slogans over substance we will continue to lurch from one crisis to the next with no long term plan or strategy other than adherence to a political ideology.

I have felt for years that FPTP was nothing better than an elected dictatorship presented in a civilised way. Cleggy was wrong to allow Cameron to fudge the PR vote into an AV referendum that few people understood. Naturally, neither Labour, nor the Conservatives, nor any of their funders had any interest in funding a change to the voting system.

North Bucks

(and I'm not gonna accept Keir, he got in a right muddle six weeks ago at PMQs) "

Sir Kier is in a right old pickle. Has to apologise for his Church endorsement and now a Labour MP is basically trolling the party by endorsing the same church.

Labour is a bit of a shambles at the mo.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

The current state of the nation is symptomatic of electing a leader based on a ideological fantasies. As long as we vote for personality over competence and choose slogans over substance we will continue to lurch from one crisis to the next with no long term plan or strategy other than adherence to a political ideology.

I have felt for years that FPTP was nothing better than an elected dictatorship presented in a civilised way. Cleggy was wrong to allow Cameron to fudge the PR vote into an AV referendum that few people understood. Naturally, neither Labour, nor the Conservatives, nor any of their funders had any interest in funding a change to the voting system."

It's the media that concentrate on the personality of politicians so it's not surprising people vote for personalities not policies. The media are the ones who quote the soundbites so the politicians come up with them,

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 06/04/21 20:36:02]

westerham

Chris I love the PMQ reference that made me smile. I can’t can’t remember a PM being so soundly useless at every question time since they began.

It’s cringeworthy how Boris is either unable to answer a question because he doesn’t understand it, hadn’t read the brief or because he can’t remember which lie he made that it refers to!!

Starmer got slated for visiting the anti gay church so apologised .

May visited the same church as did Cameron in the past.

Boris visited last year and was slated but didn’t apologise as he doesn’t. The thing that confirmed the true idiot he is, was that he visited the church in 2009 and got criticised then, but had obviously forgotten!! Ha ha he’s a clown!!

"

No idea what all this Church stuff is about it’s gone over my head please explain?

westerham

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

And I still didn't vote for him.

I’m sure your Professors will tell you that Excess deaths is a good comparator (an organization, activity, etc. that is used to judge the performance of another similar organization or activity)"

Many other countries aren’t measuring excess deaths, I didn’t need a professor to tell me that

upton wirral

Any suggestions?

Brown, May, Eden.

I would take her over Boris any day "

Would take her over all the EU leaders she would have ate Merkel for breakfast

upton wirral

I have felt for years that FPTP was nothing better than an elected dictatorship presented in a civilised way. Cleggy was wrong to allow Cameron to fudge the PR vote into an AV referendum that few people understood. Naturally, neither Labour, nor the Conservatives, nor any of their funders had any interest in funding a change to the voting system.

It's the media that concentrate on the personality of politicians so it's not surprising people vote for personalities not policies. The media are the ones who quote the soundbites so the politicians come up with them, "

People here are obsessesed with personalities never policies etc

Chudleigh

It's the media that concentrate on the personality of politicians so it's not surprising people vote for personalities not policies. The media are the ones who quote the soundbites so the politicians come up with them, People here are obsessesed with personalities never policies etc"

You seem to be a Boris fanboy, what policy are you fond of?

Manchester

Sir Kier is in a right old pickle. Has to apologise for his Church endorsement and now a Labour MP is basically trolling the party by endorsing the same church.

Labour is a bit of a shambles at the mo. "

As mentioned Boris went back for more at the church so his pickle must have chillies in it!!

westerham

As mentioned Boris went back for more at the church so his pickle must have chillies in it!! "

Is someone gonna explain this church thing to me I feel I'm missing out

North Bucks

As mentioned Boris went back for more at the church so his pickle must have chillies in it!! "

You would have thought Labour would have learnt from Boris and his faux pas. But nope they see to stumble along in his wake.

North Bucks

As mentioned Boris went back for more at the church so his pickle must have chillies in it!!

Is someone gonna explain this church thing to me I feel I'm missing out "

Starmer endorsed a church that Boris has previously visited/endorsed.

The church is deemed “problematic” by some.

Starmer apologises.

Another Labour MP has now tweeted that the church do lovely work

And the cycle of UK politics and hand wringing continues.

westerham

Starmer apologises.

And the cycle of UK politics and hand wringing continues. "

Ah right got it cheers

Just on a quick read, presumably the problematic pastor doesn't own the church building?

I thought churches were generally open to all, we don't normally ponder the views of the priests?

Maybe I need to be more woke.

North Bucks

Starmer apologises.

And the cycle of UK politics and hand wringing continues.

Ah right got it cheers

Just on a quick read, presumably the problematic pastor doesn't own the church building?

I thought churches were generally open to all, we don't normally ponder the views of the priests?

Maybe I need to be more woke. "

If only all religions were subject to equal scrutiny on the way that people are treated.

Cancel religion.

Manchester

You would have thought Labour would have learnt from Boris and his faux pas. But nope they see to stumble along in his wake. "

I have to agree with that so good point well made

So the conclusion is we have a ruling class of idiots !!

North Bucks

You would have thought Labour would have learnt from Boris and his faux pas. But nope they see to stumble along in his wake.

I have to agree with that so good point well made

So the conclusion is we have a ruling class of idiots !! "

Couldn’t agree more. I just play my fiddle while it burns around me.

Embrace the chaos.

» Add a new message to this topic