FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Kill the Bill

Kill the Bill

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Only one reason these maniacs turn up..

A punch-up.. and I am not talking about the police ..

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Only one reason these maniacs turn up..

A punch-up.. and I am not talking about the police .."

Those darn protesters keep smashing their faces against the police shields.

Chelmsford

Those darn protesters keep smashing their faces against the police shields."

Police brutality at its worst... These people need to get a focus in life.. they are the dregs of the dregs

Police brutality at its worst... These people need to get a focus in life.. they are the dregs of the dregs "

The majority of people who turn up are peacefully protesting what the believe is a bill to take away our freedoms.

Chelmsford

Police brutality at its worst... These people need to get a focus in life.. they are the dregs of the dregs

The majority of people who turn up are peacefully protesting what the believe is a bill to take away our freedoms."

Yeah right..

Chelmsford

100 peaceful protesters arrested in London today..

Yeah right

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

The hijacking of protests by others is starting to undermine the reasons behind the protests! The silent majority are starting to think the causes are all manufactured as an excuse to clash with police....CATS HAVE RIGHTS lol

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"100 peaceful protesters arrested in London today..

Yeah right "

Really

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

One of the women arrested yesterday at the "peaceful" protest, was in possession of a knife.

Chelmsford

"One of the women arrested yesterday at the "peaceful" protest, was in possession of a knife. "

Yep and they moan when women are cuffed.. they could easily stab a police man ..

Notts

"One of the women arrested yesterday at the "peaceful" protest, was in possession of a knife. "

That's because of crime! Women aren't safe! I am joking.... but it ain't funny! Women should be allowed to stab people... jeez that's another protest lol

Chelmsford

And that's why the police don't take chances.. male female .. they all could have a knife..

"And that's why the police don't take chances.. male female .. they all could have a knife..

"

Good point. All people should all be cuffed and licked up. Protesters, non-protestors. All of them could have a knife.

Chelmsford

"And that's why the police don't take chances.. male female .. they all could have a knife..

Good point. All people should all be cuffed and licked up. Protesters, non-protestors. All of them could have a knife."

Everyone arrested should be cuffed..

Good point. All people should all be cuffed and licked up. Protesters, non-protestors. All of them could have a knife.

Everyone arrested should be cuffed.. "

Everyone protesting should be arrested and cuffed?

Chelmsford

Everyone protesting should be arrested and cuffed?"

If you prefer..

I say everyone arrested should be cuffed ..

Notts

Everyone protesting should be arrested and cuffed?"

Everyone protesting with a knife should be arrested and cuffed... everyone protesting about people carrying knives shouldn't unless they are carrying one while protesting about it !

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

We live in the rich western world where people are taking seriously for campaigning for things things like "free WFi is a human right, amd shit like this

3quaters of the world live in poverty, the population is exploding, there is going to be a real reckoning with the poor south confronting the rich north, how will the rich do godder hiprocites react to the loss of their prevegelies paying for eguality will be interesting,

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Some people really do love the taste of boot, don't they.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

is it all police officers being brutal or just the majority racist, homphobic, mysonginist, terrorist police officers being brutal?

Don't think you will find any Counter Terrorism police on the front line of public order policing..completely different units..and a very offensive comment mate btw...

"Don't think you will find any Counter Terrorism police on the front line of public order policing..completely different units..and a very offensive comment mate btw..."

no, just the officers who are members of proscribed terroist groups then

Chelmsford

"Don't think you will find any Counter Terrorism police on the front line of public order policing..completely different units..and a very offensive comment mate btw...

no, just the officers who are members of proscribed terroist groups then"

That will be one then....

No actually..work for a charity helping people in crisis..just don't hold stereotypical views..we three are all white males..therefore we must all be sexist and racist if you follow that that method

Chelmsford

If brains were dynamite then this anarchist mob would not have enough to blow their hats off...

I have seen them up close and ugly many many times.. Class War and all that..

If we ever get water cannon in this country I just hope they put some shampoo in the water.. the great unwashed ..

All rebels without a cause ..

"If brains were dynamite then this anarchist mob would not have enough to blow their hats off...

If we ever get water cannon in this country I just hope they put some shampoo in the water.. the great unwashed ..

All rebels without a cause .."

Why do you feel the need to ridicule people who want to protest for what they think is an important cause?

Chelmsford

"If brains were dynamite then this anarchist mob would not have enough to blow their hats off...

Why do you feel the need to ridicule people who want to protest for what they think is an important cause?"

Protest is fine.. rioting is not.. Protest is lawful.. rioting is not..

Why do you feel the need to ridicule people who want to protest for what they think is an important cause?

Protest is fine.. rioting is not.. Protest is lawful.. rioting is not.."

Yes! Now we're getting somewhere.

Maybe you could consider not lumping all protestors into the same bracket as the rioters?

If you paused for a moment, you'd see that the vast majority of people protested peacefully and went home. A small number stayed on and there was trouble.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"Don't think you will find any Counter Terrorism police on the front line of public order policing..completely different units..and a very offensive comment mate btw..."

Chelmsford

Maybe you could consider not lumping all protestors into the same bracket as the rioters?

If you paused for a moment, you'd see that the vast majority of people protested peacefully and went home. A small number stayed on and there was trouble."

Exactly.. The peaceful protesters had their day in the sun and went home.. the Class War morons stay for. Punchup ... Then always claim police brutality..

And the Chief of Police I am sure has better things to to with his officers...

If you paused for a moment, you'd see that the vast majority of people protested peacefully and went home. A small number stayed on and there was trouble.

Exactly.. The peaceful protesters had their day in the sun and went home.. the Class War morons stay for. Punchup ... Then always claim police brutality..

And the Chief of Police I am sure has better things to to with his officers... "

10 police officers guarding a statue, is that necessary?

Chelmsford

10 police officers guarding a statue, is that necessary? "

How many would it have taken to stop those people taking down the Bristol statue?

5 ? 20? You name the figure..

How many would it have taken to stop those people taking down the Bristol statue?

5 ? 20? You name the figure.."

Who cares, it is a statue .

Chelmsford

Who cares, it is a statue . "

Sums up an attitude ..

Some might share it, many will not,..

But then again, why not vandalise them for the 5 minutes of fame and sod anyone else in society that values them...

Sums up an attitude ..

But then again, why not vandalise them for the 5 minutes of fame and sod anyone else in society that values them... "

Why don’t they use the police elsewhere , I am sure they have better things to do? How many statues do are there in the vicinity of the protest ?

"Who cares, it is a statue . "

bristol agrees ... the plinthe rightly remains vacant of racist staues despite robert jenrick's attempts to 'make britain racist again'

Chelmsford

Sums up an attitude ..

But then again, why not vandalise them for the 5 minutes of fame and sod anyone else in society that values them...

Why don’t they use the police elsewhere , I am sure they have better things to do? How many statues do are there in the vicinity of the protest ? "

I didn't bring up statues.. someone asked why there were ten police guarding it..

I asked how many you think should be deployed to guard it.. justifying the removal of a Bristol statue is one thing.

Doing do with an angry mob is quite another..

Does anyone seriously suggest that we have mob rule.. ?

The anarchists yes,Class War definitly yes..

Does anyone seriously condone rioting and violence?

Or are peaceful means better ?

Sums up an attitude ..

Why don’t they use the police elsewhere , I am sure they have better things to do? How many statues do are there in the vicinity of the protest ?

I didn't bring up statues.. someone asked why there were ten police guarding it..

I asked how many you think should be deployed to guard it.. justifying the removal of a Bristol statue is one thing.

Or are peaceful means better ?"

Of course peaceful is better, I will ask again, why did they need over 10 police officers to guard one statue?

Chelmsford

Sums up an attitude ..

Of course peaceful is better, I will ask again, why did they need over 10 police officers to guard one statue? "

Well it takes one officer to arrest. Two minimum to lead away. If the protestor plays dead weight or struggles it could take four officers to lead them away. Within minutes your ten officers are down to zero. If it started with violence you need a good ten to stand any chance until reinforcement arrives..

Can I make it any simpler for you..

If your point is around whether they should be guarded at all and 'its only a statue' then refer to my earlier answer..

Let's put it another way.. Winston Churchill statue often targeted over the years and the Cenotaph. Do you think the Cenotaph should be vandalized. What about the new statue of Greta Thundberg? Nelson Mandela?

Please share your wisdom..

Sums up an attitude ..

Of course peaceful is better, I will ask again, why did they need over 10 police officers to guard one statue?

Well it takes one officer to arrest. Two minimum to lead away. If the protestor plays dead weight or struggles it could take four officers to lead them away. Within minutes your ten officers are down to zero. If it started with violence you need a good ten to stand any chance until reinforcement arrives..

Can I make it any simpler for you..

If your point is around whether they should be guarded at all and 'its only a statue' then refer to my earlier answer..

Let's put it another way.. Winston Churchill statue often targeted over the years and the Cenotaph. Do you think the Cenotaph should be vandalized. What about the new statue of Greta Thundberg? Nelson Mandela?

Please share your wisdom.. "

They are statues, who cares? If they are vandalised the people responsible should be prosecuted, how many statues do you think should be guarded by 10 police officers?

Chelmsford

The question is that the new statue of Greta cost a reported 24K to commission. I am sure that the university would be well pleased to have it damaged or thrown in the canal am sure the artist would be delighted. It may be only a statue but it's someone's property. Surely you don't condone criminal damage.

As for resourcing demonstrations then the person best placed to answer is the Chief of Police on the day..

"The question is that the new statue of Greta cost a reported 24K to commission. I am sure that the university would be well pleased to have it damaged or thrown in the canal am sure the artist would be delighted. It may be only a statue but it's someone's property. Surely you don't condone criminal damage.

As for resourcing demonstrations then the person best placed to answer is the Chief of Police on the day.."

I couldn’t care less how much the statue cost,

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

If history was told with more accuracy and less through rose-tinted spectacles then you wouldn't need to protect statues. Job done!

Chelmsford

"The question is that the new statue of Greta cost a reported 24K to commission. I am sure that the university would be well pleased to have it damaged or thrown in the canal am sure the artist would be delighted. It may be only a statue but it's someone's property. Surely you don't condone criminal damage.

As for resourcing demonstrations then the person best placed to answer is the Chief of Police on the day..

I couldn’t care less how much the statue cost,"

Well to be fair it's not your money so why would you?

Maybe you have a motor worth 24K. I am sure there are people who would not care if that was trashed. But I may be old fashioned. I respect other people's property. To wantonly destroy statues is simply vandalism or do you condone that.

Maybe you have a motor worth 24K. I am sure there are people who would not care if that was trashed. But I may be old fashioned. I respect other people's property. To wantonly destroy statues is simply vandalism or do you condone that. "

I would expect 10 police officers to guard my car.

yet oddly the karl marx grave being repeatedly attacked and defaced for decades doesn't cause gammon outrage

Maybe you have a motor worth 24K. I am sure there are people who would not care if that was trashed. But I may be old fashioned. I respect other people's property. To wantonly destroy statues is simply vandalism or do you condone that.

I would expect 10 police officers to guard my car. "

Wouldn’t

"yet oddly the karl marx grave being repeatedly attacked and defaced for decades doesn't cause gammon outrage "

Or Jewish & Muslim graves, I guess they aren’t important either

"yet oddly the karl marx grave being repeatedly attacked and defaced for decades doesn't cause gammon outrage

Or Jewish & Muslim graves, I guess they aren’t important either "

i suppose we ask too much for people to prefer to find stephen lawrence's murderer than to gaol someone who put a piece of green grass on winston's bonce

Chelmsford

"yet oddly the karl marx grave being repeatedly attacked and defaced for decades doesn't cause gammon outrage

Or Jewish & Muslim graves, I guess they aren’t important either "

Do you have a hierarchy of monuments that you feel that some deserve protection and some not. My simple question to you is this. Do you condone criminal damage and violence to achieve political means ?

Chelmsford

Or is this just anti police rhetoric?

Do you have a hierarchy of monuments that you feel that some deserve protection and some not. My simple question to you is this. Do you condone criminal damage and violence to achieve political means ?"

They should all be treated the same, do you agree?

"Or is this just anti police rhetoric?"

Is this just anti protesters rhetoric?

Chelmsford

"Or is this just anti police rhetoric?

Is this just anti protesters rhetoric? "

Well I am on record as supporting peaceful protest and against violent protest.

You seem reluctant to take the same stance as is your right and people may draw conclusions from that. I won't bore you with my knowledge of police tactics but I was heavily involved in peaceful protest through the late 80s and was never arrested once. I can say that the police treated us with respect and us them. Rent a mob would turn up then .. same old faces, same hatred..

What I can say to you is this.. has it even occurred to you that Police Commanders station their officers at visible points like statues so that they are visible to other police units and use them as RV points so they can muster when they are needed to be deployed somewhere else..

No. Probably not ?

You seem reluctant to take the same stance as is your right and people may draw conclusions from that. I won't bore you with my knowledge of police tactics but I was heavily involved in peaceful protest through the late 80s and was never arrested once. I can say that the police treated us with respect and us them. Rent a mob would turn up then .. same old faces, same hatred..

What I can say to you is this.. has it even occurred to you that Police Commanders station their officers at visible points like statues so that they are visible to other police units and use them as RV points so they can muster when they are needed to be deployed somewhere else..

No. Probably not ?

"

Over 10 officers guarding 1 statue, necessary or not?

Chelmsford

No. Probably not ?

Over 10 officers guarding 1 statue, necessary or not? "

Well that depends on many factors that neither of us a privy too. It will be the Police decision to look at the threat, the risk assessment, the intelligence and the dynamics of what unfolds during the protest. Now if the police intelligence suggests that those 'protestors' turning up refuse to condone criminal damage and violence then I guess he may just put more than one on s statue previously targeted.. but then.. I am no expert..

Think of me as a gifted amateur..

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Do you have a hierarchy of monuments that you feel that some deserve protection and some not. My simple question to you is this. Do you condone criminal damage and violence to achieve political means ?

They should all be treated the same, do you agree? "

when you say they should be treated the same do you mean they should all be attacked or none should be attacked?

No. Probably not ?

Well that depends on many factors that neither of us a privy too. It will be the Police decision to look at the threat, the risk assessment, the intelligence and the dynamics of what unfolds during the protest. Now if the police intelligence suggests that those 'protestors' turning up refuse to condone criminal damage and violence then I guess he may just put more than one on s statue previously targeted.. but then.. I am no expert..

Think of me as a gifted amateur.."

You're wasting your time on this one

Chelmsford

No. Probably not ?

You're wasting your time on this one "

You mean..

With this one..

I never subscribe to the ACAB brigade..

They can never even justify their hatred..

They just do..

Oh well, we are all different.. Vivre La Difference..

I don't hate anybody..

Only walnuts .. I do hate those buggers...

No. Probably not ?

You're wasting your time on this one

You mean..

With this one..

I never subscribe to the ACAB brigade..

They can never even justify their hatred..

They just do..

Oh well, we are all different.. Vivre La Difference..

I don't hate anybody..

Only walnuts .. I do hate those buggers..."

So do you stand by the original statement?

Or do you now agree that the majority are peacefully protesting then going home?

Chelmsford

I will say again.. the vast majority are peaceful and protest responsibly . Happy Days.. the Rent a Mob turn up and want a ruck... Sad days when that happens.. some of the peaceful ones sadly get sucked in . The real agitators, the generals if you like, lead from the back, stir up the troops and are rarely touched.. job done for them..

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

So it seems we agree that people should have thecright to peacefully protest. Surely then we don’t need this Bill to increase Police powers to stop peaceful protest? Or am I missing something?

when you say they should be treated the same do you mean they should all be attacked or none should be attacked?"

They should have the same police protection

northeast

Do you have a hierarchy of monuments that you feel that some deserve protection and some not. My simple question to you is this. Do you condone criminal damage and violence to achieve political means ?"

"So it seems we agree that people should have thecright to peacefully protest. Surely then we don’t need this Bill to increase Police powers to stop peaceful protest? Or am I missing something?"

Violent protest, destruction of property etc is already illegal.

The new bill makes it illegal to make noise and get in the way. IE to protests. So effectively the police can arrest anyone protesting, whenever they wish to.

Plus it gives more protections to statues than it does to humans.

milton keynes

when you say they should be treated the same do you mean they should all be attacked or none should be attacked?

They should have the same police protection "

so is attacking all statues ok? (so they are treated the same)

Chudleigh

"So it seems we agree that people should have thecright to peacefully protest. Surely then we don’t need this Bill to increase Police powers to stop peaceful protest? Or am I missing something?

The new bill makes it illegal to make noise and get in the way. IE to protests. So effectively the police can arrest anyone protesting, whenever they wish to.

Plus it gives more protections to statues than it does to humans."

I understand all this, so it seems we don’t need this Bill. It would be nice if the Police didn’t arrest Journalists and Protest Observers - I mean we might start to look like a despotic Police State otherwise...

Chelmsford

Well I agree with many of the points. We perhaps need to look at the different clauses of the Bill rather than the Bill in its entirety if you actually want to discuss this rationally. I have not read the entire content and remember that it is MPs seeking to bring this in and not the police. The clause that limits noise for example, I do not agree with. Protests and noise do go hand in hand. How will it be monitored. If ten thousand people march in a procession to Hyde Park and one section are a brass band then not sure how enforceable it is. If it outside a private address then I would say that there is already effective remedy in place such as Conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace or a breach of the peace. The penalty for vandalising statues and monuments seems ultra harsh. But you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. It won't get through the Lord's without amendments. But my points have nothing to do with the Bill. My points were against criminal damage and violence

Chelmsford

"So it seems we agree that people should have thecright to peacefully protest. Surely then we don’t need this Bill to increase Police powers to stop peaceful protest? Or am I missing something?

I understand all this, so it seems we don’t need this Bill. It would be nice if the Police didn’t arrest Journalists and Protest Observers - I mean we might start to look like a despotic Police State otherwise..."

An interesting point. Journalists and observers must obey the law and just because someone is there in a yellow jacket means nothing. Many Incidents are encouraged by some rogue journalists to get the video and print they want.

so is attacking all statues ok? (so they are treated the same)"

Nope, all statues should be treated the same, do you agree?

Do you have a hierarchy of monuments that you feel that some deserve protection and some not. My simple question to you is this. Do you condone criminal damage and violence to achieve political means ? "

What are the thumbs up for? It was a question not an answer

milton keynes

Nope, all statues should be treated the same, do you agree? "

so your against people attacking statues now? before that did not seem the case

Chelmsford

so your against people attacking statues now? before that did not seem the case"

I can paraphrase.. smash up all of the statues because I don't care but leave my motor alone or words to that effect !

Chelmsford

And if you can't put ten cops on every statue in the land then why bother....

so your against people attacking statues now? before that did not seem the case"

Always have been against vandalism, it is a shame that some memorial, graves and statues don’t seem to be as important as others

"And if you can't put ten cops on every statue in the land then why bother.... "

Was it necessary? Could those 10 officers be better used elsewhere?

"And if you can't put ten cops on every statue in the land then why bother.... "

What about humans, should the police consider protecting people as well as inanimate objects?

so your against people attacking statues now? before that did not seem the case

I can paraphrase.. smash up all of the statues because I don't care but leave my motor alone or words to that effect !"

You should learn how to read, it might help you understand what I have been saying .

Chelmsford

Or not saying as the case maybe.. !

"Or not saying as the case maybe.. !"

Just read it, it’s not difficult .

Chelmsford

"Or not saying as the case maybe.. !

Just read it, it’s not difficult . "

Please facilitate my ignorance and difficulty to grasp facts..

Once and for all.. do you condone violent protest against the police and criminal damage to property including statues? Do you reject violence and disorder ?

Chelmsford

It's not difficult ??

Chudleigh

I understand all this, so it seems we don’t need this Bill. It would be nice if the Police didn’t arrest Journalists and Protest Observers - I mean we might start to look like a despotic Police State otherwise...

An interesting point. Journalists and observers must obey the law and just because someone is there in a yellow jacket means nothing. Many Incidents are encouraged by some rogue journalists to get the video and print they want.

"

Well I believe the Police should obey the law also, do you agree with that? Not all journalists are provocateurs, so report whatvthey see - innocent until proven guilty I believe are our rules - your suggestion is closer to a Police State.

Chelmsford

Well I believe the Police should obey the law also, do you agree with that? Not all journalists are provocateurs, so report whatvthey see - innocent until proven guilty I believe are our rules - your suggestion is closer to a Police State."

Au contraire ..

The rule of law applies to all regardless of position, status, occupation, colour, race or creed..

Chudleigh

Well I believe the Police should obey the law also, do you agree with that? Not all journalists are provocateurs, so report whatvthey see - innocent until proven guilty I believe are our rules - your suggestion is closer to a Police State.

Au contraire ..

The rule of law applies to all regardless of position, status, occupation, colour, race or creed.. "

Innocent until proven guilty applies even more. The Police do not & should not have the right to arrest the Press for just being there - Police State...

Chelmsford

Well I believe the Police should obey the law also, do you agree with that? Not all journalists are provocateurs, so report whatvthey see - innocent until proven guilty I believe are our rules - your suggestion is closer to a Police State."

Not all.. but the ones who incite incidents for gain, tap phones of celebrities and missing children... Not a lot of time for them to be honest but a free press is at the heart of a free democracy..

Good with the bad do to speak..

Chelmsford

Au contraire ..

The rule of law applies to all regardless of position, status, occupation, colour, race or creed..

Innocent until proven guilty applies even more. The Police do not & should not have the right to arrest the Press for just being there - Police State..."

Any evidence for your presumption.. detail please

Once and for all.. do you condone violent protest against the police and criminal damage to property including statues? Do you reject violence and disorder ?

"

Yes, I condone violence and vandalism, do you condone heavy handed and unnecessary force by the police against protestors

Chelmsford

And let's be clear.. any officer suspected of illegal force or wrongdoing will be held to account.. let's not pre judge

Chelmsford

Yes, I condone violence and vandalism, do you condone heavy handed and unnecessary force by the police against protestors "

Well your position is clear.. if you know what condone means..

You approve of violence and criminal damage... you do not believe in peaceful protest.. you are ambivalent to defacing statues and monuments unless it's your BMW..

I do not judge you as a human but others will on here I am sure.. I prefer to go back to my sharks and octopus threads.. good night Sir..

Sleep well..

My apologies if I have misinterpreted your position or beliefs ..

"And let's be clear.. any officer suspected of illegal force or wrongdoing will be held to account.. let's not pre judge "

I admire your confidence in the system.

Many do not share your confidence.

"And let's be clear.. any officer suspected of illegal force or wrongdoing will be held to account.. let's not pre judge "

And any protestor suspected of vandalism and violence will be held to account, let’s not prejudge

Chelmsford

"And let's be clear.. any officer suspected of illegal force or wrongdoing will be held to account.. let's not pre judge

Many do not share your confidence."

Its the only system we have..

Better than violent disorder don't you think..

Or another who does respect peaceful protest, the rule of law and due process..

Yes, I condone violence and vandalism, do you condone heavy handed and unnecessary force by the police against protestors

Well your position is clear.. if you know what condone means..

You approve of violence and criminal damage... you do not believe in peaceful protest.. you are ambivalent to defacing statues and monuments unless it's your BMW..

I do not judge you as a human but others will on here I am sure.. I prefer to go back to my sharks and octopus threads.. good night Sir..

Sleep well..

My apologies if I have misinterpreted your position or beliefs ..

"

Again, you either can’t read or have decided to ignore what i have written,

Chelmsford

"And let's be clear.. any officer suspected of illegal force or wrongdoing will be held to account.. let's not pre judge

And any protestor suspected of vandalism and violence will be held to account, let’s not prejudge "

Absolutely.. you have stated your position to condone violence and criminal damage.. I no longer wish to converse with you so begone..

Many do not share your confidence.

Its the only system we have..

Better than violent disorder don't you think..

Or another who does respect peaceful protest, the rule of law and due process.. "

I just suggested that some people have less confidence that any police who used inappropriate force will face any consequences.

And any protestor suspected of vandalism and violence will be held to account, let’s not prejudge

Absolutely.. you have stated your position to condone violence and criminal damage.. I no longer wish to converse with you so begone..

"

Seeya

Chelmsford

Let's be clear.. police and protesters alike should be held to account under the rule of law..

Now.. these bloody sharks..

Chelmsford

Sometimes it takes a while to flush them out but flush them out I will...

Morons

Notts

"

think most people come to the same conclusion

northeast

think most people come to the same conclusion "

"Let's be clear.. police and protesters alike should be held to account under the rule of law..

Now.. these bloody sharks.. "

Adders?

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

If this goes through we won’t be too far from Putin’s Russia where only state sanctioned ‘protests’ are allowed.

think most people come to the same conclusion "

Yes, I condone violence and vandalism, do you condone heavy handed and unnecessary force by the police against protestors "

You actually condone violence and vandalism whilst shouting that the police do not have the right to use force?

I think this is the funniest thing I've seen you write on here, and there's been a few whoppers

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Really?

You actually condone violence and vandalism whilst shouting that the police do not have the right to use force?

I think this is the funniest thing I've seen you write on here, and there's been a few whoppers "

Where did I say that they can’t use force? I think you need to join Tom in learning how to read

Really? "

Really?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I think this is the funniest thing I've seen you write on here, and there's been a few whoppers

Where did I say that they can’t use force? I think you need to join Tom in learning how to read "

When you say condone do you really mean condemn?

Where did I say that they can’t use force? I think you need to join Tom in learning how to read "

You haven't said it in this thread but if you wish I will go and fetch it for you

Where did I say that they can’t use force? I think you need to join Tom in learning how to read

When you say condone do you really mean condemn? "

Yes I did, it was a school boy error

You haven't said it in this thread but if you wish I

will go and fetch it for you "

Yeah, got for it, have a search

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Yes I did, it was a school boy error "

Perhaps not be so quick to have a go at people’s reading skills.

We are all subject to human error after all.

will go and fetch it for you

Yeah, got for it, have a search "

I guess there's no need to now as you've suddenly changed your stance

Yes I did, it was a school boy error

Perhaps not be so quick to have a go at people’s reading skills.

We are all subject to human error after all. "

We are, have a look at the thread though, it seems that the word condone has been misused a few times .

I guess there's no need to now as you've suddenly changed your stance "

I made an error in which I have acknowledged, I am sure you can find examples on other threads though ??

I made an error in which I have acknowledged, I am sure you can find examples on other threads though ?? "

Some may see it as acknowledged, some may see it as changing your stance to suit

I made an error in which I have acknowledged, I am sure you can find examples on other threads though ??

Some may see it as acknowledged, some may see it as changing your stance to suit "

Your a mind reader? Have a look , see if you can find any evidence that I have changed my stance on other threads. When you don’t I will accept your apology

Some may see it as acknowledged, some may see it as changing your stance to suit

Your a mind reader? Have a look , see if you can find any evidence that I have changed my stance on other threads. When you don’t I will accept your apology "

I'm speaking about this thread. You've gone from condone to condemn.

Why would I need to read your mind when I can read your words?

Your a mind reader? Have a look , see if you can find any evidence that I have changed my stance on other threads. When you don’t I will accept your apology

Why would I need to read your mind when I can read your words?"

I have acknowledged I made a error, do you accept that ?

I have acknowledged I made a error, do you accept that ? "

Why would I need to accept it? Doea it matter that much to you?

I have acknowledged I made a error, do you accept that ?

Why would I need to accept it? Doea it matter that much to you?"

Nope, I couldn’t care less

Chelmsford

Is there an old proverb about a drowning man clutching at straws...

Chelmsford

This has all the hallmarks of a Monty Python sketch...

"Is there an old proverb about a drowning man clutching at straws... "

No , there is this proverb ‘there are no mistakes, only lessons ‘

Chelmsford

And some to attend them and actually take in what's been said..

I think there are two types of tears here..

The first are the Tears of a Clown and the second are Crocodile Tears..

As Piers Morgan said about Markle..

Don't believe a word of what comes out of your mouth..

Chelmsford

"Is there an old proverb about a drowning man clutching at straws...

No , there is this proverb ‘there are no mistakes, only lessons ‘ "

So I have taught you a lesson.. here endeth that lesson..

Only the first one is free ..

The man who never makes mistakes always takes orders from one who does

Chelmsford

"The man who never makes mistakes always takes orders from one who does "

I give forgiveness to a man who makes one mistake or even two or three but read back this whole thread and the truth is as bare as a badgers arse.. the octopus makes more sense.. you cannot recover your position .. let others be your judge not me.. All I have done is expose a twisted ideology ... The rule of law applies to all.. the law of stupidity I reserve for you..

Mistakes are our teachers, they help us learn

Chelmsford

"Mistakes are our teachers, they help us learn "

And you have do much to learn.. nobody is buying into it tho.. you stated your case repeatedly and often..

Buyee...

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new

Chelmsford

There was an old game called, Pin the Tail on the Donkey...

Perhaps unfair to Donkeys but we have one here...

An innocent mistake guvnor..

I think not..

Caught Out, Bowled Out and every Umpire in the land calls you out.. you Condone violent Protest, Vandalising statues and now trying damage limitation.. best you toddle off dear boy.. credibility is hard earned and easily lost..

Chelmsford

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new "

In the words of Ronan Keating..

You say it best when you say nothing at all...

Right back to my sharks ...

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Chelmsford

Well then I accept your apology fella..

Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life

Chelmsford

Well poodle off now with your tail between your legs...stay humble ...

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Chudleigh

The Police should be held to a higher standard than the ordinary person. They know the laws and the consequence of mis applying the law better than we do. Should they transgress, they should feel the full weight of the law.

Chelmsford

"The Police should be held to a higher standard than the ordinary person. They know the laws and the consequence of mis applying the law better than we do. Should they transgress, they should feel the full weight of the law. "

They are..

Chudleigh

"The Police should be held to a higher standard than the ordinary person. They know the laws and the consequence of mis applying the law better than we do. Should they transgress, they should feel the full weight of the law.

They are.. "

Really...

Chelmsford

"The Police should be held to a higher standard than the ordinary person. They know the laws and the consequence of mis applying the law better than we do. Should they transgress, they should feel the full weight of the law.

They are..

Really..."

Yes they can be sacked just for breaching the police code of ethics on integrity.. happens all the time ..

They then get put on a register that means they can't join another police force.. even if they have not committy a criminal offence they can be sacked

Chudleigh

They are..

Really...

Yes they can be sacked just for breaching the police code of ethics on integrity.. happens all the time ..

They then get put on a register that means they can't join another police force.. even if they have not committy a criminal offence they can be sacked "

How often does this happen, it seems that Policemen can resign and avoid being punished- seems quite wrong.

Chelmsford

They are..

Really...

They then get put on a register that means they can't join another police force.. even if they have not committy a criminal offence they can be sacked

How often does this happen, it seems that Policemen can resign and avoid being punished- seems quite wrong."

Those days are long gone.. if they are charged with gross misconduct then the press can attend the disciplinary process.. they can report on it.. sure they can resign but then mostly found guilty in their absence.. pension deducted etc etc.. any more questions I can help with or dispel a few myths..

In Scotland if a policeman is charged with a criminal offence then it's classed as an aggravated offence and the sentence often 'harsher' than if he were a member of the public.

Anything else you would like to ask ?

Chelmsford

They are..

Really...

How often does this happen, it seems that Policemen can resign and avoid being punished- seems quite wrong.

Those days are long gone.. if they are charged with gross misconduct then the press can attend the disciplinary process.. they can report on it.. sure they can resign but then mostly found guilty in their absence.. pension deducted etc etc.. any more questions I can help with or dispel a few myths..

In Scotland if a policeman is charged with a criminal offence then it's classed as an aggravated offence and the sentence often 'harsher' than if he were a member of the public.

Anything else you would like to ask ?"

Of course if it's criminal they face the courts. Years ago they would lose their whole pension for an offence such as drink driving.. that changed after a judgement because you are then also punishing the spouse who is innocent and has pension rights after the death of the police officer.. they can now lose a percentage..

Does that help ?

Chelmsford

Of course this was brought in after those lying scumbags at Hillsborough did their dirty deeds.. but brought in because of it..

Chelmsford

Anything else I can help with ?

Guess not...

Not always the answer people like to hear...

northeast

"There was an old game called, Pin the Tail on the Donkey...

I think not..

Caught Out, Bowled Out and every Umpire in the land calls you out.. you Condone violent Protest, Vandalising statues and now trying damage limitation.. best you toddle off dear boy.. credibility is hard earned and easily lost.. "

"There was an old game called, Pin the Tail on the Donkey...

I think not..

Caught Out, Bowled Out and every Umpire in the land calls you out.. you Condone violent Protest, Vandalising statues and now trying damage limitation.. best you toddle off dear boy.. credibility is hard earned and easily lost.. "

Chudleigh

The legitimacy of government has never been founded on the silence of its people. Muted protests, curbed by growing police powers, are anathema to both democracy and freedom. If the UK is to avoid a descent into narrow nationalism and repression, it needs to strengthen human rights, not diminish them. Here, history is a lesson. Protests have been vital to achieving change. If society is to make progress on issues such as violence against women, racism, poverty and the climate crisis, we must defend the rights of peaceful protesters.

Written by Kirsty Brimelow, a QC and barrister at Doughty Street Chambers

If you want to read more of her article https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/05/government-freedom-expression-police-crime-bill-legislation-uk?

Chelmsford

"The legitimacy of government has never been founded on the silence of its people. Muted protests, curbed by growing police powers, are anathema to both democracy and freedom. If the UK is to avoid a descent into narrow nationalism and repression, it needs to strengthen human rights, not diminish them. Here, history is a lesson. Protests have been vital to achieving change. If society is to make progress on issues such as violence against women, racism, poverty and the climate crisis, we must defend the rights of peaceful protesters.

If you want to read more of her article https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/05/government-freedom-expression-police-crime-bill-legislation-uk?"

Nail on the head.. peaceful protesters he says..

Chudleigh

"The legitimacy of government has never been founded on the silence of its people. Muted protests, curbed by growing police powers, are anathema to both democracy and freedom. If the UK is to avoid a descent into narrow nationalism and repression, it needs to strengthen human rights, not diminish them. Here, history is a lesson. Protests have been vital to achieving change. If society is to make progress on issues such as violence against women, racism, poverty and the climate crisis, we must defend the rights of peaceful protesters.

If you want to read more of her article https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/05/government-freedom-expression-police-crime-bill-legislation-uk?

Nail on the head.. peaceful protesters he says.. "

Just for clarity Kirsty is a lady & not a man.

I’m glad you agree with everything she says

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

Those darn protesters keep smashing their faces against the police shields."

Really ....??

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Nail on the head.. peaceful protesters he says.. "

Yep don't think anyone has a problem with peaceful protests with the emphasis on peaceful

Chudleigh

Yep don't think anyone has a problem with peaceful protests with the emphasis on peaceful "

Who gets to decide what is peaceful? With the new Bill ‘wearing a loud shirt in a quiet neighbourhood’ counts if the Police want it to. I feel that they have been given way too much latitude on what now counts as a transfression.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Yep don't think anyone has a problem with peaceful protests with the emphasis on peaceful

Who gets to decide what is peaceful? With the new Bill ‘wearing a loud shirt in a quiet neighbourhood’ counts if the Police want it to. I feel that they have been given way too much latitude on what now counts as a transfression."

Wearing a loud shirt is against the rules? Not heard that before, maybe it's the fashion police that will patrol instead

Chudleigh

Who gets to decide what is peaceful? With the new Bill ‘wearing a loud shirt in a quiet neighbourhood’ counts if the Police want it to. I feel that they have been given way too much latitude on what now counts as a transfression.

Wearing a loud shirt is against the rules? Not heard that before, maybe it's the fashion police that will patrol instead"

Who Police’s the Police with this Bill? They have been given the freedom to stop any group of people they feel are ‘demonstrating’. This feels more like a Putin Law than a British one - who wants to live in a Police State...

Chelmsford

Are women safer in a police state ?

"Are women safer in a police state ? "

No. But statues are safer.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Do protests actually work anyway does anyone listen

Chelmsford

I think statues would be safer or you would be off to the gulag.. but would women ealkingby the streets feel safer knowing the police are strong and visible ..

"Do protests actually work anyway does anyone listen "

Some examples off the top of my head for changes that came as a result of protests, or where protests contributed to change.

Poll tax.

Abolition of Slav.ery.

Women having the vote.

People who don't own land having the vote.

The general strike in the 1840s

Kinder Scout mass trespass in 1932.

Protests have given us a lot.

"I think statues would be safer or you would be off to the gulag.. but would women ealkingby the streets feel safer knowing the police are strong and visible .. "

Are you suggesting a police state is a good idea?

Chelmsford

"I think statues would be safer or you would be off to the gulag.. but would women ealkingby the streets feel safer knowing the police are strong and visible ..

Are you suggesting a police state is a good idea?"

I asked a question. I did not make a statement...keep up.

"I think statues would be safer or you would be off to the gulag.. but would women ealkingby the streets feel safer knowing the police are strong and visible ..

Are you suggesting a police state is a good idea?

I asked a question. I did not make a statement...keep up."

You made a statement. I asked a question about your statement.

No need to be rude.

Chelmsford

Are women in a police state safer?

I don't know the answer but that was my question..

"Are women in a police state safer?

I don't know the answer but that was my question.."

And this was the statement you rudely told me was a question.

"I think statues would be safer or you would be off to the gulag.. but would women ealkingby the streets feel safer knowing the police are strong and visible .."

Chelmsford

Circles here.. night night

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Do protests actually work anyway does anyone listen

Some examples off the top of my head for changes that came as a result of protests, or where protests contributed to change.

Poll tax.

Abolition of Slav.ery.

Women having the vote.

Protests have given us a lot."

well poll tax was in my lifetime so I’ll give you that but may of been people just refused to pay it I should of asked as any worked in the last few decades lol

Who gets to decide what is peaceful? With the new Bill ‘wearing a loud shirt in a quiet neighbourhood’ counts if the Police want it to. I feel that they have been given way too much latitude on what now counts as a transfression."

The Home Secretary decides from what I’ve seen of it. Dead easy to attack police for enforcing laws your elected politicians have put in place.

Notts

What's wrong with the world, your not free if you can't attack the police and destroy stuff you don't own! That's what's wrong, why shouldn't I, its not my fault I have nothing better to do with my life, if the government gave me things I wouldn't be as angry!.... I never had a mummy!

Chudleigh

Poll tax.

Abolition of Slav.ery.

Women having the vote.

Protests have given us a lot."

Stop throwing facts in here & making the children look stupid

Notts

Poll tax.

Abolition of Slav.ery.

Women having the vote.

Stop throwing facts in here & making the children look stupid "

5 protests of note in over 200 years, whats that about 0.01%,

and what are children doing on a sex site, you best get off it lol bang bang bang

Poll tax.

Abolition of Slav.ery.

Women having the vote.

Stop throwing facts in here & making the children look stupid

5 protests of note in over 200 years, whats that about 0.01%,

and what are children doing on a sex site, you best get off it lol bang bang bang"

What a stupid comment. This is clearly a couple of examples off the top of my head. As stated.