FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > National Trust Woke Rubbish

National Trust Woke Rubbish

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

Ridiculous denigration of our Glorious Empire:

“The National Trust has come under fire for encouraging children to write poems critical of the British Empire while on school trips.

The poems were written as part of the trust's Colonial Countryside project, which saw primary school pupils given tours of country houses.

They were then invited to write verses about the former owners of the homes and their connections to the British Empire.

According to the Times, one student wrote: 'Stolen by the English; a freedom sword, a stolen freedom sword.'

In another case, a child wrote a poem about Lord Curzon, viceroy of India from 1899 to 1905.

It read: 'He thinks he's strong, trying to take over India.'

The National Trust had been accused of 'wokeism,' after it published a report into 93 historic houses' links to the people trade last September.

Hilary McGrady, the trust's director general, insisted she was not woke, but accepted the timing of the report's publication was 'not brilliant in the middle of trying to deal with Covid and everything else'.“

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

These threads are pathetic.

We all know how susceptible to this kind of horse shit you are.

If you're really so against anti-racists. What's the real root of this issue?

westerham

"These threads are pathetic.

If you're really so against anti-racists. What's the real root of this issue?"

Is this another one of your "not reading it because it's not true" ie doesn't fit my prejudices replies?

Is this another one of your "not reading it because it's not true" ie doesn't fit my prejudices replies? "

I've read it.

The national trust invited kids to write about history. One or two wrote about something that happened.

You and some others got upset because apparently you can't have a balanced view of history.

And for some reason you've suggested that this is an attack of racists freedom to be racist. I'm not sure why you bring this into every thread. But you do.

"To me if true the National Trust is guilty of treason and perverting history the people responsible are terrorists

Treason?

Yes, egregious betrayal of God's own country "

That isn’t treason, try again

westerham

Is this another one of your "not reading it because it's not true" ie doesn't fit my prejudices replies?

I've read it.

The national trust invited kids to write about history. One or two wrote about something that happened.

You and some others got upset because apparently you can't have a balanced view of history.

And for some reason you've suggested that this is an attack of racists freedom to be racist. I'm not sure why you bring this into every thread. But you do."

You don't think writing "he thinks he's strong, trying to take over India" is completely moronic?

If a child of mine wrote something so imbecilic I'd be displeased and question their parentage.

Yet we have National Institutions promoting this rot.

I've read it.

And for some reason you've suggested that this is an attack of racists freedom to be racist. I'm not sure why you bring this into every thread. But you do.

You don't think writing "he thinks he's strong, trying to take over India" is completely moronic?

If a child of mine wrote something so imbecilic I'd be displeased and question their parentage.

Yet we have National Institutions promoting this rot. "

What's this got to do with your problem with non-racists.

I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't an act, and that you are genuinely afraid of people who aren't race hate enthusiasts. And that you genuinely are as confused about Brexit as you make out to be.

Blimey, had been giving you the benefit of the doubt all this time.

I've read it.

Yet we have National Institutions promoting this rot. "

Has this turned into a critique of a child's poetry skills... christ

westerham

I've read it.

Has this turned into a critique of a child's poetry skills... christ"

Critique of our rotten education system certainly

I've read it.

Critique of our rotten education system certainly "

Again, what does any of this have to do with your dislike or people who aren't racist?

"

Critique of our rotten education system certainly "

Because of the quality of the poem or the teaching of colonialism?

westerham

"

Because of the quality of the poem or the teaching of colonialism?"

Both are equally depressing to me

"

Both are equally depressing to me "

Hmmmm do me know the age of the child? Have you read the rest of the poem and not just judging it off that one line?

What should be taught in history?

westerham

"

Hmmmm do me know the age of the child? Have you read the rest of the poem and not just judging it off that one line?

What should be taught in history?"

Eight years old, and no, I can't stand to read the rest of that drivel.

The morality of the Glorious Empire should be taught in schools, particularly things like the West Africa Squadron.

"

The morality of the Glorious Empire should be taught in schools, particularly things like the West Africa Squadron. "

What's the argument in favour of teaching a heavily censored version of history like this?

westerham

"

The morality of the Glorious Empire should be taught in schools, particularly things like the West Africa Squadron.

What's the argument in favour of teaching a heavily censored version of history like this?"

Hang on let me check -

Nope I didn't say censor anything

[Removed by poster at 08/04/21 08:52:55]

"

What's the argument in favour of teaching a heavily censored version of history like this?

Hang on let me check -

Nope I didn't say censor anything "

You're suggesting teaching a heavily censored version of history.

"The morality of the Glorious Empire should be taught in schools, particularly things like the West Africa Squadron."

For example, how would you suggest teaching about the west Africa squadron without discussing Britain's prominent role in the transatlantic Sl.ave trade to provide context and background?

westerham

"

Hang on let me check -

"The morality of the Glorious Empire should be taught in schools, particularly things like the West Africa Squadron."

For example, how would you suggest teaching about the west Africa squadron without discussing Britain's prominent role in the transatlantic Sl.ave trade to provide context and background?

"

And..... Didn't say that either

"

Hang on let me check -

And..... Didn't say that either"

So what are you saying? Because I copied and pasted your exact words.

westerham

"

Hang on let me check -

So what are you saying? Because I copied and pasted your exact words."

Do you have a friend or colleague you could bounce your thoughts off before posting?

Maybe just get them to have a glance through and see if you've understood the posts you're replying to?

Ask them : are my prejudices causing me to misinterpret people's posts?

"

Hang on let me check -

Do you have a friend or colleague you could bounce your thoughts off before posting?

Maybe just get them to have a glance through and see if you've understood the posts you're replying to?

Ask them : are my prejudices causing me to misinterpret people's posts? "

Any chance of any kind of normal discussion without these cheap insults?

Why do you post things if you don't want any kind of discussion or back and forth?

westerham

"

Hang on let me check -

Why do you post things if you don't want any kind of discussion or back and forth?"

I've done an analysis of your posts this year and 84% of your first replies in a thread mention race, regardless of the subject matter.

As in this thread.

Surely you have other concerns?

"

Hang on let me check -

Why do you post things if you don't want any kind of discussion or back and forth?

I've done an analysis of your posts this year and 84% of your first replies in a thread mention race, regardless of the subject matter.

As in this thread.

Surely you have other concerns? "

What does this have to do with either.

A. The question I asked you about why you want to teach kids a heavily censored version of history

Or.

B. Why you threw out cheap insults instead of engaging in debate/conversation.

Just to remind you. You bring race into these threads. Not me.

"Woke: alert to injustice in society, especially racism".

[Removed by poster at 08/04/21 13:22:37]

I've read it.

Again, what does any of this have to do with your dislike or people who aren't racist?"

Alot these so called anti racists are the racists in reality

Bigotry of low expectations is a real thing