FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > hong kong citizens

hong kong citizens

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

Good to see the government are going to help the poorest coming over on BNO visa,s even though they have no recourse to public funds. A government getting their priorities right helping people who truly need to escape a Chinese regime who punish people just because they protest.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Good to see the government are going to help the poorest coming over on BNO visa,s even though they have no recourse to public funds. A government getting their priorities right helping people who truly need to escape a Chinese regime who punish people just because they protest. "

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest.

near ipswich

"Good to see the government are going to help the poorest coming over on BNO visa,s even though they have no recourse to public funds. A government getting their priorities right helping people who truly need to escape a Chinese regime who punish people just because they protest.

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest."

you keep believing that mate there is nothing in the bill that stops PEACEFUL protest.

"Good to see the government are going to help the poorest coming over on BNO visa,s even though they have no recourse to public funds. A government getting their priorities right helping people who truly need to escape a Chinese regime who punish people just because they protest.

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest. you keep believing that mate there is nothing in the bill that stops PEACEFUL protest."

Nothing to do with "belief" read the details for yourself if you like, it's public knowledge.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I agree with letting Hong Kong residence to relocate in the UK. Not all Hong Kong residence are Chinese origin some are of British origin and other nationales live there as permanents at present and if they stay will be subject to the brutal Chinese Government Communist regime.

That whole area from North Korea to Burma/Myanmar is a total mess due to Communism. Plus Russia are dabbling in there too.

They are obvious liars and fail to acknowledge the rest of the worlds view of their atrocious actions.

I make sure I don`t buy anything online/offline from China and I would advise people not to buy anything from there too.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest."

Cynical with no understanding of the bill in question,have you heard of covid?

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest.Cynical with no understanding of the bill in question,have you heard of covid?"

This bill is unrelated to covid.

near ipswich

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest.Cynical with no understanding of the bill in question,have you heard of covid?

"

What part of the bill are you so worried about? please enlighten me.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest.Cynical with no understanding of the bill in question,have you heard of covid?

"

It is

What part of the bill are you so worried about? please enlighten me."

The elements that can get you arrested for being a "public nuisance" or for causing "annoyance", making too much noise. Etc.

Just gives the police powers to attest anyone protesting at anytime they like.

Making noise and being a nuisance is what happens at protests. That's what protests are.

You're allowed to not give a shit. But I don't know why you laugh at people who do care.

*arrest

near ipswich

The elements that can get you arrested for being a "public nuisance" or for causing "annoyance", making too much noise. Etc.

Making noise and being a nuisance is what happens at protests. That's what protests are.

You're allowed to not give a shit. But I don't know why you laugh at people who do care."

So what about the rights of people going about their everyday life ? camping out on westminster bridge for days stopping people quick access to st thomas hospital is ok, climbing on train roofs,blocking roads stopping people earning a living.

Police already have the power over noise the bill will now cover static protests and so it should people have a right to sleep.

It does not give the police the right to arrest anyone just for protesting i suggest you go back and re read it.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Still good news about Hong Kong citizens though.

near ipswich

"Still good news about Hong Kong citizens though. "
deffo, funny how some like to detract from news that doesn't suit their agenda.

Who would have thought that a government that has been accused of nationalism and against immigration would be so generous.

You're allowed to not give a shit. But I don't know why you laugh at people who do care.So what about the rights of people going about their everyday life ? camping out on westminster bridge for days stopping people quick access to st thomas hospital is ok, climbing on train roofs,blocking roads stopping people earning a living.

Police already have the power over noise the bill will now cover static protests and so it should people have a right to sleep.

It does not give the police the right to arrest anyone just for protesting i suggest you go back and re read it."

Well so that's what protests do. Cause disruption. So if you want a country where people who want to go about their daily lives uninterrupted by protests. So what is your comment for in the OP about China not allowing people to protest?

And I agree. There are already sufficient laws against noise, and against violent destructive protests. So this new bill introduces more power for the police.

I know you support the government 100% in every policy. But for those of us who wish to retain the right to express dissent. This is an important issue.

near ipswich

You're allowed to not give a shit. But I don't know why you laugh at people who do care.So what about the rights of people going about their everyday life ? camping out on westminster bridge for days stopping people quick access to st thomas hospital is ok, climbing on train roofs,blocking roads stopping people earning a living.

It does not give the police the right to arrest anyone just for protesting i suggest you go back and re read it.

Well so that's what protests do. Cause disruption. So if you want a country where people who want to go about their daily lives uninterrupted by protests. So what is your comment for in the OP about China not allowing people to protest?

And I agree. There are already sufficient laws against noise, and against violent destructive protests. So this new bill introduces more power for the police.

I know you support the government 100% in every policy. But for those of us who wish to retain the right to express dissent. This is an important issue."

You will find it allows you to do that.Yes organised disruption thats what protests are, people are informed where they will take place and can avoid the chaos if they choose to its inclusive and gives consideration to the whole population.

As for my op i repeat the bill is not stopping anyone protesting unlike china but gives the police more clarity and the general public a right to go about their everyday lives.

I know you support the government 100% in every policy. But for those of us who wish to retain the right to express dissent. This is an important issue.You will find it allows you to do that.Yes organised disruption thats what protests are, people are informed where they will take place and can avoid the chaos if they choose to its inclusive and gives consideration to the whole population.

As for my op i repeat the bill is not stopping anyone protesting unlike china but gives the police more clarity and the general public a right to go about their everyday lives."

Fair enough. But people are allowed to be concerned about the freedom to protest being less free.

near ipswich

I know you support the government 100% in every policy. But for those of us who wish to retain the right to express dissent. This is an important issue.You will find it allows you to do that.Yes organised disruption thats what protests are, people are informed where they will take place and can avoid the chaos if they choose to its inclusive and gives consideration to the whole population.

As for my op i repeat the bill is not stopping anyone protesting unlike china but gives the police more clarity and the general public a right to go about their everyday lives.

Fair enough. But people are allowed to be concerned about the freedom to protest being less free."

Are they being less free though? do you think its ok for example a protest outside a hospital making noise all night ? or people who choose to cover their ears and tear up written conditions handed to them by the police so that they are likely to evade conviction for breaching conditions on a protest as the prosecution have to prove that the person “knowingly fails to comply with a condition imposed”.

Fair enough. But people are allowed to be concerned about the freedom to protest being less free.Are they being less free though? do you think its ok for example a protest outside a hospital making noise all night ? or people who choose to cover their ears and tear up written conditions handed to them by the police so that they are likely to evade conviction for breaching conditions on a protest as the prosecution have to prove that the person “knowingly fails to comply with a condition imposed”. "

I think the police will use their new powers to arrest anyone they want, who is protesting peacefully.

So far as I’ve read of the policing bill the arbitrary powers come from the home sec directly and are not standalone public order powers for the police to exercise with impunity.

That said, as much I laugh at what a joke protests have become these days, it sticks in my throat the thought that a government can take away the right to protest on the thinnest of margins. And once it’s passed, they’ll never give that power up.

In any case, the Hong Kongese (is that right?) are still far better here than under three CCP. To make any analogy between the UK and the CCP seems a little harsh to me.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest. you keep believing that mate there is nothing in the bill that stops PEACEFUL protest.

Nothing to do with "belief" read the details for yourself if you like, it's public knowledge."

With you on this, who knew we could only protest wearing cotton wool slippers & with duck tape over our mouths - can’t make any noise and disrupt everyone. It is sad so many accept this erosion of our freedoms

"So far as I’ve read of the policing bill the arbitrary powers come from the home sec directly and are not standalone public order powers for the police to exercise with impunity.

That said, as much I laugh at what a joke protests have become these days, it sticks in my throat the thought that a government can take away the right to protest on the thinnest of margins. And once it’s passed, they’ll never give that power up.

In any case, the Hong Kongese (is that right?) are still far better here than under three CCP. To make any analogy between the UK and the CCP seems a little harsh to me. "

I've been across the border from HK to CCP several times. I'm familiar with what people from HK are afraid of.

I'm not comparing China's authority to the UK as a whole. I picked up on a specific point about freedom to protest made by someone who doesn't support freedom to protest in the UK.

The right to express political dissent is critical to a fair society. And this bill erodes this to an extent. Even if it's to a less extent than some of us believe it will be, then it's still not a good thing.

They're moving to a country that's just passing a bill that will allow the police to punish people just because they protest. you keep believing that mate there is nothing in the bill that stops PEACEFUL protest.

Nothing to do with "belief" read the details for yourself if you like, it's public knowledge.

With you on this, who knew we could only protest wearing cotton wool slippers & with duck tape over our mouths - can’t make any noise and disrupt everyone. It is sad so many accept this erosion of our freedoms "

It's largely down to apathy.

Even if I supported 100% of government policy, and didn't feel the need to protest, I would still want people to have the right to do so without these new restrictions.

"So far as I’ve read of the policing bill the arbitrary powers come from the home sec directly and are not standalone public order powers for the police to exercise with impunity.

In any case, the Hong Kongese (is that right?) are still far better here than under three CCP. To make any analogy between the UK and the CCP seems a little harsh to me.

I've been across the border from HK to CCP several times. I'm familiar with what people from HK are afraid of.

I'm not comparing China's authority to the UK as a whole. I picked up on a specific point about freedom to protest made by someone who doesn't support freedom to protest in the UK.

The right to express political dissent is critical to a fair society. And this bill erodes this to an extent. Even if it's to a less extent than some of us believe it will be, then it's still not a good thing."

I agree to a point. I’m politically diverse but if I was to be labelled anything I’d be a small ‘L’ libertarian with utilitarian tendencies. Whilst I don’t see the bill as the end of freedom as we know it, I can see the potential long term ramifications and concerns about it. And as already stated, once a government has power, it’s always reluctant to give it up. Rationing was an example brought up by Lord Sumption this week.

The right to express political dissent is critical to a fair society. And this bill erodes this to an extent. Even if it's to a less extent than some of us believe it will be, then it's still not a good thing.

I agree to a point. I’m politically diverse but if I was to be labelled anything I’d be a small ‘L’ libertarian with utilitarian tendencies. Whilst I don’t see the bill as the end of freedom as we know it, I can see the potential long term ramifications and concerns about it. And as already stated, once a government has power, it’s always reluctant to give it up. Rationing was an example brought up by Lord Sumption this week. "

There is a debate to be had on how restrictive the new bill will make things. But in my view any restriction on things like being a nuisance etc, is a bad thing.

And I agree, once this is in place. It's here to stay. Much like the criminal justice act from 1994.

near ipswich

With you on this, who knew we could only protest wearing cotton wool slippers & with duck tape over our mouths - can’t make any noise and disrupt everyone. It is sad so many accept this erosion of our freedoms "

As per usual an over exaggeration and resembling nothing to the actual truth.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

People have the right to protest but why should they have the right to block roads and stop others from getting on with their daily lives ?

What about their rights ?

"People have the right to protest but why should they have the right to block roads and stop others from getting on with their daily lives ?

What about their rights ?"

In this scenario, can they not go around the protest?

Is the right to not have a slight detour, more important than the right to express political dissent?

near ipswich

"People have the right to protest but why should they have the right to block roads and stop others from getting on with their daily lives ?

Is the right to not have a slight detour, more important than the right to express political dissent?"

Sure thats what should happen and there is no problem with that but camping out on bridges for days on end or blocking roads with boats and gluing themselves to buses,trains and roads is not in my book.It deprives people of going about their daily lives and infringes on their civil liberties no one is saying dont protest just have a bit of consideration for those who are not and just want to earn a living.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Is the right to not have a slight detour, more important than the right to express political dissent?Sure thats what should happen and there is no problem with that but camping out on bridges for days on end or blocking roads with boats and gluing themselves to buses,trains and roads is not in my book.It deprives people of going about their daily lives and infringes on their civil liberties no one is saying dont protest just have a bit of consideration for those who are not and just want to earn a living. "

there not protesters tho they are totall nut jobs with nothing better to do in life like I said before I don’t see the point in protests they just don’t work they turn the public against them

near ipswich

Anyway back on track its good to see all those who were calling the government racist and anti immigration proved wrong yet again.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

With you on this, who knew we could only protest wearing cotton wool slippers & with duck tape over our mouths - can’t make any noise and disrupt everyone. It is sad so many accept this erosion of our freedoms As per usual an over exaggeration and resembling nothing to the actual truth. "

The other day someone on here said protesters can be arrested for wearing a loud shirt lol. Anyway good to hear the people oh HK are going to get support if they wish to come

Is the right to not have a slight detour, more important than the right to express political dissent?Sure thats what should happen and there is no problem with that but camping out on bridges for days on end or blocking roads with boats and gluing themselves to buses,trains and roads is not in my book.It deprives people of going about their daily lives and infringes on their civil liberties no one is saying dont protest just have a bit of consideration for those who are not and just want to earn a living. "

All that stuff is already illegal. And not addressed by the new legislation.

Is the right to not have a slight detour, more important than the right to express political dissent?Sure thats what should happen and there is no problem with that but camping out on bridges for days on end or blocking roads with boats and gluing themselves to buses,trains and roads is not in my book.It deprives people of going about their daily lives and infringes on their civil liberties no one is saying dont protest just have a bit of consideration for those who are not and just want to earn a living.

All that stuff is already illegal. And not addressed by the new legislation."

This is correct ^

Highway obstruction is actually one of the arrest necessities outlined in section 24 of PACE. It’s the easiest thing to lock folk up for at a protest. Problem comes when they glue themselves to stuff. Get a protestor removal team in and lock them up. It’s always been that way.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I think the commuters at canning town tube station had the right idea when dealing with the XR clowns who were trying to make them late for work

near ipswich

"I think the commuters at canning town tube station had the right idea when dealing with the XR clowns who were trying to make them late for work"
Yep dont fuck with east end boys .

» Add a new message to this topic