FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > good to see the uk helping brits abroad

good to see the uk helping brits abroad

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

The British government has allocated a further one million euros for eight organisations across Europe who have been helping Britons with residency applications made under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement from the EU.

In Andalucía, IOM is working for the British government as part of the UK Nationals Support Fund to help more vulnerable residents apply for residency status. Age in Spain, and Babelia also cover different parts of Spain.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The British government has allocated a further one million euros for eight organisations across Europe who have been helping Britons with residency applications made under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement from the EU.

In Andalucía, IOM is working for the British government as part of the UK Nationals Support Fund to help more vulnerable residents apply for residency status. Age in Spain, and Babelia also cover different parts of Spain."

Why do they need help with their applications?

near ipswich

"The British government has allocated a further one million euros for eight organisations across Europe who have been helping Britons with residency applications made under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement from the EU.

In Andalucía, IOM is working for the British government as part of the UK Nationals Support Fund to help more vulnerable residents apply for residency status. Age in Spain, and Babelia also cover different parts of Spain.

Why do they need help with their applications? "

Well i think age in Spain assisting might give you a clue.DOH

Why do they need help with their applications? Well i think age in Spain assisting might give you a clue.DOH "

I thought it was an easy process, just a bit of paper work , seems like a waste of tax payers money

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Fuck em they have had years to sort there shit out.only reason theynot already apply for there recidencia is cause they been there years living below the radar.if they been thereas long as is being said they should of been spanish residents for years only reason they aint is because they didnt wana pay into the spanish system

near ipswich

Why do they need help with their applications? Well i think age in Spain assisting might give you a clue.DOH

I thought it was an easy process, just a bit of paper work , seems like a waste of tax payers money "

You obviously have never lived in spain if you think its one piece of paper.

Why do they need help with their applications? Well i think age in Spain assisting might give you a clue.DOH

I thought it was an easy process, just a bit of paper work , seems like a waste of tax payers money You obviously have never lived in spain if you think its one piece of paper. "

Is it more or less difficult than it was before Brexit? It is a waste of tax payers money ,

In Andalucía, IOM is working for the British government as part of the UK Nationals Support Fund to help more vulnerable residents apply for residency status. Age in Spain, and Babelia also cover different parts of Spain."

Another brexit related cost. Still £8 mil is peanuts compared to the rest we've flushed down the bog in the name of some misleading slogans.

near ipswich

I thought it was an easy process, just a bit of paper work , seems like a waste of tax payers money You obviously have never lived in spain if you think its one piece of paper.

Is it more or less difficult than it was before Brexit? It is a waste of tax payers money , "

Now the other day there were people saying the government had sold ex pats down the river they couldn't get their papers for residency and here is a prime example of the government actually putting money in to help them achieve that.The thread got full up of other rubbish as usual so i decided to start another.

Now i know you will argue against anything the government does even if it is good news so there really is no point in discussing it with you.

I appreciate you think its a waste of money but im sure the people its helping dont.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

I agree with Festival, They’ve had years to do it, it’s not like it’s a massive process. We have friends who decided to follow their dream AFTER the Brexit vote & move to Italy.

A year of searching for the right house/area, a year to get it ready & move. They just celebrated their first year out their & residency/citizenship was a piece of pee.

I thought it was an easy process, just a bit of paper work , seems like a waste of tax payers money You obviously have never lived in spain if you think its one piece of paper.

Is it more or less difficult than it was before Brexit? It is a waste of tax payers money , Now the other day there were people saying the government had sold ex pats down the river they couldn't get their papers for residency and here is a prime example of the government actually putting money in to help them achieve that.The thread got full up of other rubbish as usual so i decided to start another.

Now i know you will argue against anything the government does even if it is good news so there really is no point in discussing it with you.

I appreciate you think its a waste of money but im sure the people its helping dont. "

Waste of tax payers money,

"

Now i know you will argue against anything the government does even if it is good news so there really is no point in discussing it with you."

Obviously I don't read all your posts. But you do defend everything the government ever does or says.

So if you want to level these kind of suggestions at others. You could consider that on the forums, you're the exact same. Albeit from the opposing side of the fence.

"

Obviously I don't read all your posts. But you do defend everything the government ever does or says.

So if you want to level these kind of suggestions at others. You could consider that on the forums, you're the exact same. Albeit from the opposing side of the fence. "

This

West Wales

"I agree with Festival, They’ve had years to do it, it’s not like it’s a massive process. We have friends who decided to follow their dream AFTER the Brexit vote & move to Italy.

A year of searching for the right house/area, a year to get it ready & move. They just celebrated their first year out there & residency/citizenship was a piece of pee."

That’s better

Thinking that overall it’s probably cheaper to help them stay than have them come home. Ones that pee me off a bit are the ones who live abroad for 30-40 years get ill then come “Home” for the NHS.

Really? it’s not been your home for forty sodding years! Use the services of the country you live in.

S

near ipswich

"

So if you want to level these kind of suggestions at others. You could consider that on the forums, you're the exact same. Albeit from the opposing side of the fence. "

When i consider that they have done something wrong i will certainly let you know.Up to now im happy the way they are going.

borehamwood

"I agree with Festival, They’ve had years to do it, it’s not like it’s a massive process. We have friends who decided to follow their dream AFTER the Brexit vote & move to Italy.

A year of searching for the right house/area, a year to get it ready & move. They just celebrated their first year out their & residency/citizenship was a piece of pee."

I lived there 2 1/2 years my bruv was there 7 another mate and his mrs and kids still live there and all of us were flying below the radar as were most people we knew.me and my brother knew we were never gona stay forever so didnt see any point our other mate went legal after his last kid was born there.christ most others i know went legal as soon as it was obvious brexit was happening.those who still qint lega out there aint legal for a reason

"

So if you want to level these kind of suggestions at others. You could consider that on the forums, you're the exact same. Albeit from the opposing side of the fence. When i consider that they have done something wrong i will certainly let you know.Up to now im happy the way they are going. "

Indeed.

I don't want to derail your thread about more Brexit related costs to the UK.

So back to the OP.

near ipswich

A year of searching for the right house/area, a year to get it ready & move. They just celebrated their first year out their & residency/citizenship was a piece of pee.

I lived there 2 1/2 years my bruv was there 7 another mate and his mrs and kids still live there and all of us were flying below the radar as were most people we knew.me and my brother knew we were never gona stay forever so didnt see any point our other mate went legal after his last kid was born there.christ most others i know went legal as soon as it was obvious brexit was happening.those who still qint lega out there aint legal for a reason"

Same experience here mate everyone was under the radar until brexit they then all applied for their papers.

But there is also many old people who have lived out there years still dont speak the language and haven't a clue how to do anything.

borehamwood

I lived there 2 1/2 years my bruv was there 7 another mate and his mrs and kids still live there and all of us were flying below the radar as were most people we knew.me and my brother knew we were never gona stay forever so didnt see any point our other mate went legal after his last kid was born there.christ most others i know went legal as soon as it was obvious brexit was happening.those who still qint lega out there aint legal for a reasonSame experience here mate everyone was under the radar until brexit they then all applied for their papers.

But there is also many old people who have lived out there years still dont speak the language and haven't a clue how to do anything."

Tough shit as far as im concerned they been there years yet never became a resident never learnt the language.christ i was only there a few years and even i could hop on a bus and tell the driver in spanish where i wanted to go and knew enough to be able to go shopping in supersol and not the rip off spar shop just because they spoke english.theres only one reason they never went legal they like popping back to use the nhs.there a bit like the self employed who moan that there getting way less on furlough than they actually earn because they dodged tax for years.is great when there living the life without the responsibility not so great when it finnaly bites em on the arse

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Such a caring attitude being demonstrated by some on this thread as even the Brexit supporters divide themselves.

OP is a Brexiter and is quite rightly in my opinion supporting the Governments efforts to help the ExPats who are struggling with residency applications across Europe.

Other Brexiters demonstrating their “fuck you I had my vote and I don’t give a shit about you” attitude.

Still it probably won’t be long until owning a place in the sun will only be for the very well off as red tape, hassle, inconvenience and cost will put off the John and Mary, retirees from suburban Sheffield types from even bothering.

It’s definitely a Brexit win to keep the ordinary folk in their place and inconvenience their dreams of retiring in the sun.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"

He - and his kind, for he is not alone - is the UK equivalent of the N.Korean news lady. His blind, unquestioning loyalty to his masters is pitiful.

Which is why so few of us take him any more seriously than we do her.

borehamwood

"Such a caring attitude being demonstrated by some on this thread as even the Brexit supporters divide themselves.

OP is a Brexiter and is quite rightly in my opinion supporting the Governments efforts to help the ExPats who are struggling with residency applications across Europe.

Other Brexiters demonstrating their “fuck you I had my vote and I don’t give a shit about you” attitude.

Still it probably won’t be long until owning a place in the sun will only be for the very well off as red tape, hassle, inconvenience and cost will put off the John and Mary, retirees from suburban Sheffield types from even bothering.

It’s definitely a Brexit win to keep the ordinary folk in their place and inconvenience their dreams of retiring in the sun."

Hope your not calling me a brexit voter.i done no such thing.my fuck em attitude comes from living there myself for a cpl of years and knowing why half these peeps aint already residents after living there for years on end.most i know who still live there started sorting there paperwork out as soon as it became apparent that brexit was happening.for those who didnt tough luck

near ipswich

"

So if you want to level these kind of suggestions at others. You could consider that on the forums, you're the exact same. Albeit from the opposing side of the fence.

He - and his kind, for he is not alone - is the UK equivalent of the N.Korean news lady. His blind, unquestioning loyalty to his masters is pitiful.

Which is why so few of us take him any more seriously than we do her."

Me and my kind I am neither blind or have unquestionable loyalty to anyone. If you would like to debate a subject im open for that but i never see you debate anything just throw in the odd random insult now and again like you are doing now.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

I understand people's frustration of ex pats not sorting out their paperwork long ago but I still think its good our government are helping out. Helping fellow brits is not a waste especially as we give lots away to non brits

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

A year of searching for the right house/area, a year to get it ready & move. They just celebrated their first year out their & residency/citizenship was a piece of pee."

It's a shame this post has got lost in all the usual vitriol.

West Wales

It's a shame this post has got lost in all the usual vitriol."

I do see some people’s grievances though, seems many didn’t do it before because putting it simply they wanted their cake & eat it.

S

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

It's a shame this post has got lost in all the usual vitriol."

This kind of success story will of course continue ad infinitum, it’s just that the demographic profile of those who will be able to do it will go up a notch or two.

I remember Michael Gove citing some article in a legal convention or something, stating to an audience that nothing will change.

Then it was parroted endlessly from 2016 - 2020.

I have friends who are out there, from 2016 onwards all British EEA citizens who registered with the authorities that they were out there were given notification that if Britain remained an EEA member, there would be minimal change. In the event that Britain left the EEA then there would be paperwork.

When Dec 2019 came along all were told the probability that the UK would leave the EEA had increased and that they should look up the relevant application schemes.

I could not care if a British citizen had been In Spain, Portugal, or Italy for 10 years.

If they didn't register with the local authorities, as we want polish and Romanian nationals to do, then they didn't get the info, that's their fault.

People refer to them as expats, they are not. That's an outdated term. They were EEA nationals, they are not third country nationals living illegally, or legally in a foreign country.

Quite frankly this just shows how either the government lied, or failed to deliver brexit as promised.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"I remember Michael Gove citing some article in a legal convention or something, stating to an audience that nothing will change.

I have friends who are out there, from 2016 onwards all British EEA citizens who registered with the authorities that they were out there were given notification that if Britain remained an EEA member, there would be minimal change. In the event that Britain left the EEA then there would be paperwork.

When Dec 2019 came along all were told the probability that the UK would leave the EEA had increased and that they should look up the relevant application schemes.

I could not care if a British citizen had been In Spain, Portugal, or Italy for 10 years.

If they didn't register with the local authorities, as we want polish and Romanian nationals to do, then they didn't get the info, that's their fault.

People refer to them as expats, they are not. That's an outdated term. They were EEA nationals, they are not third country nationals living illegally, or legally in a foreign country.

Quite frankly this just shows how either the government lied, or failed to deliver brexit as promised."

Definitely not what people voted for. Though some will claim that they did.

"I remember Michael Gove citing some article in a legal convention or something, stating to an audience that nothing will change.

Quite frankly this just shows how either the government lied, or failed to deliver brexit as promised.

Definitely not what people voted for. Though some will claim that they did. "

I mean if you voted Tory in 2019 they did. That's the only endorsement for this brexit - leave with or without a deal, in that vote, this scenario was always a risk.

» Add a new message to this topic