FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Another 9.6 billion lost to EU corruption

Another 9.6 billion lost to EU corruption

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking serious taxpayer money lost:

“Several industry EU lobby groups are about to be entrusted again with the privilege of co-deciding how €9.6bn of public EU research funding (10 percent of the EU's total research budget 2021-2027) should be used - in research areas as essential as healthcare, transportation, energy, biomass-based manufacturing processes or IT infrastructures.

Previous experiences have shown, however, that this enables the corporate capture of EU research policy and funds, at the expense of the public interest.

A new analysis by Corporate Europe Observatory shows that the European Commission is proposing to member states to expand the highly-problematic model of EU "Joint Undertakings" - that is, very large industry-driven public-private research partnerships (PPPs) introduced in 2014, in the EU's new research funding programme Horizon Europe (2021-2027).”

Thank God we are out of this nonsense.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking serious taxpayer money lost:

“Several industry EU lobby groups are about to be entrusted again with the privilege of co-deciding how €9.6bn of public EU research funding (10 percent of the EU's total research budget 2021-2027) should be used - in research areas as essential as healthcare, transportation, energy, biomass-based manufacturing processes or IT infrastructures.

Previous experiences have shown, however, that this enables the corporate capture of EU research policy and funds, at the expense of the public interest.

A new analysis by Corporate Europe Observatory shows that the European Commission is proposing to member states to expand the highly-problematic model of EU "Joint Undertakings" - that is, very large industry-driven public-private research partnerships (PPPs) introduced in 2014, in the EU's new research funding programme Horizon Europe (2021-2027).”

Thank God we are out of this nonsense."

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Yes, thank god we have boris the bridge building, IT consulting spaffer. Honest Bob in housing and Matt and his mate from the pub sorting our PPE. I hope that Spanish businessman is enjoying our 21 million.

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"Previous experiences have shown, however, that this enables the corporate capture of EU research policy and funds, at the expense of the public interest"

Examples please?

westerham

"Yes, thank god we have boris the bridge building, IT consulting spaffer. Honest Bob in housing and Matt and his mate from the pub sorting our PPE. I hope that Spanish businessman is enjoying our 21 million."

We have a gentleman's agreement not to use whataboutery in here.

By *rRightlyMan  over a year ago

Near Brexit dreamer

"Yes, thank god we have boris the bridge building, IT consulting spaffer. Honest Bob in housing and Matt and his mate from the pub sorting our PPE. I hope that Spanish businessman is enjoying our 21 million.

We have a gentleman's agreement not to use whataboutery in here. "

Will you stop using those drugs, they are not good for you

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking serious taxpayer money lost:

Thank God we are out of this nonsense."

Chris, we are still paying the EU £370,000 an hour, they would like to thank you personally for your contribution

westerham

Chris, we are still paying the EU £370,000 an hour, they would like to thank you personally for your contribution "

Although you've repeated that claim quite a few times I'm still unclear how it supports your arguments

Chris, we are still paying the EU £370,000 an hour, they would like to thank you personally for your contribution

Although you've repeated that claim quite a few times I'm still unclear how it supports your arguments "

It doesn’t support anything, it is a fact . The EU big wigs appreciate you paying for their lobster and champagne, they claim it tastes much better when it’s free

[Removed by poster at 13/04/21 16:03:41]

Although you've repeated that claim quite a few times I'm still unclear how it supports your arguments

It doesn’t support anything, it is a fact . The EU big wigs appreciate you paying for their lobster and champagne, they claim it tastes much better when it’s free "

I'm probably gonna regret this but could you please show me calculations of how you get that factual figure.

I'm pretty sure it's more than you suggest 

Remember just earlier there was a thread about FACTS 

It doesn’t support anything, it is a fact . The EU big wigs appreciate you paying for their lobster and champagne, they claim it tastes much better when it’s free

I'm probably gonna regret this but could you please show me calculations of how you get that factual figure.

Remember just earlier there was a thread about FACTS  "

Have you heard of google ?

Have you heard of google ? "

I have. I have a different figure based on 18b over 5 years which is the present amount stated

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Have you heard of google ? "

Out of pure curiosity I did Google it but I cant find anywhere that states that figure, nothing on ONS website or OBR either, where did you find it?

Out of pure curiosity I did Google it but I cant find anywhere that states that figure, nothing on ONS website or OBR either, where did you find it?"

Did you find the yearly figure ?

I have. I have a different figure based on 18b over 5 years which is the present amount stated"

There is your answer, the rest is simple mathematics

Out of pure curiosity I did Google it but I cant find anywhere that states that figure, nothing on ONS website or OBR either, where did you find it?"

BBC. According to them they got their figures from OBR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51110096

wisbech

Out of pure curiosity I did Google it but I cant find anywhere that states that figure, nothing on ONS website or OBR either, where did you find it?

Did you find the yearly figure ? "

Yeah but it does not equate to 370k per hr.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51110096"

£3.6 billion a year?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

""Previous experiences have shown, however, that this enables the corporate capture of EU research policy and funds, at the expense of the public interest"

Examples please?"

He has just copied it verbatim from a news site without even crediting the source.

£3.6 billion a year? "

Yeah thats right

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right"

wisbech

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

"

Which is 410k per hr by my maths, so even worse than 370,000 per hour.

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

Which is 410k per hr by my maths, so even worse than 370,000 per hour."

That's also my calculation. But the amount is irrelevant. The 'fact' part is what I'm speaking of.

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

Which is 410k per hr by my maths, so even worse than 370,000 per hour."

Yeah, that is bad, you have to factor in the money that we receive back though, either way it is a lot of money

wisbech

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

That's also my calculation. But the amount is irrelevant. The 'fact' part is what I'm speaking of."

Was kind of what I was getting at too tbh.

wisbech

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

Yeah, that is bad, you have to factor in the money that we receive back though, either way it is a lot of money "

Yeah if you factor that in you cannot reach a definitive amount at all as some of money that is being payed back to UK can only be estimated. So in truth I guess the fact is no ones knows exactly how much it equates too on a hourly basis.

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

Yeah, that is bad, you have to factor in the money that we receive back though, either way it is a lot of money

Yeah if you factor that in you cannot reach a definitive amount at all as some of money that is being payed back to UK can only be estimated. So in truth I guess the fact is no ones knows exactly how much it equates too on a hourly basis."

Ok, from now on I will say between £370-410,000 an hour, I don’t want people on here getting upset about that lack off accuracy,

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

Yeah if you factor that in you cannot reach a definitive amount at all as some of money that is being payed back to UK can only be estimated. So in truth I guess the fact is no ones knows exactly how much it equates too on a hourly basis.

Ok, from now on I will say between £370-410,000 an hour, I don’t want people on here getting upset about that lack off accuracy, "

It's easy enough to say things are estimates.

It would be much easier than making up 'facts'

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

Ok, from now on I will say between £370-410,000 an hour, I don’t want people on here getting upset about that lack off accuracy,

It would be much easier than making up 'facts'"

I will use the average in future to stop you getting upset

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

I will use the average in future to stop you getting upset "

Average would be wrong too

I'm not upset, I just like to make sure that something presented as fact is actually fact, which in this case it isn't

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

I'm not upset, I just like to make sure that something presented as fact is actually fact, which in this case it isn't "

We pay the EU an estimate between £370-£410,000 an hour, fact. I hope that is ok

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

I'm not upset, I just like to make sure that something presented as fact is actually fact, which in this case it isn't

We pay the EU an estimate between £370-£410,000 an hour, fact. I hope that is ok "

I'm so happy you like to check with me that it's ok to post something

As you were

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

We pay the EU an estimate between £370-£410,000 an hour, fact. I hope that is ok

As you were "

I don’t like to see people getting upset, I am glad we have resolved your problem

westerham

""Previous experiences have shown, however, that this enables the corporate capture of EU research policy and funds, at the expense of the public interest"

Examples please?

He has just copied it verbatim from a news site without even crediting the source. "

That’s what the quotation marks are for, that’s your clue.

And no, we don’t generally quote websites directly , you wouldn’t want to see me banned would you?

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

As you were

I don’t like to see people getting upset, I am glad we have resolved your problem "

I've already told you I'm not upset.

I do have a problem with made up 'facts' though. I think it's a bit rich coming from someone who blames propaganda for Brexit

£3.6 billion a year?

Yeah thats right

As you were

I don’t like to see people getting upset, I am glad we have resolved your problem

I've already told you I'm not upset.

I do have a problem with made up 'facts' though. I think it's a bit rich coming from someone who blames propaganda for Brexit "

Your issue has been resolved, as you were

» Add a new message to this topic