FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > UK not in top 20 Covid deaths

UK not in top 20 Covid deaths

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uliaChris OP   Couple  over a year ago

westerham

Hope Brussels can get its act together soon and save lives:

"UK falls out of 20 worst-hit countries for excess deaths thanks to vaccine rollout

The UK has a rolling rate of 183 excess fatalities per 100,000, according to analysis by the Economist , putting it at number 21 behind Italy (197). Excess deaths are calculated by taking fatalities from all causes since the pandemic first struck and comparing them with a historical average from recent years."

I'd say out if the top 20, its likely much better than that when there's informed comment this morning that countries like India may have underreported cases by a factor of ten.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

I see that the ONS has claimed that the UK's official figures have been overstated by 23%.

It means that Britain's position is 'better' than hitherto believed.

The question is why have we be fed false figures for so long?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes and covid is not the biggest killer in the UK anymore no doubt this will upset the Boris haters.

I hope Europe sorts it out as want holidays again in safety.

This country is amazing time more people realised this,not perfect but nowhere is.

We need to help places like India,South America and Africa before Europe as they cannot help themeselves.

Keep getting vaccinated and stay safe lets move forward

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

All countries are counting deaths differently so very difficult to compare. It would appear we are over the worse thankfully. Hope there are no nasty surprises to come

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Our "excess" deaths figure includes anyone where vivid gets a mention on death cert....like a friend's 87 yr old father who had terminal leukemia and was in hospital on "the pathway" with days to live. Because one patient in the ward had covid it was included on his death cert.... tho he was never tested! He died of lukemia....

Easy to manipulate figures to suit what you want to hear but..

UK - excess deaths 127,327

Italy - 117,997

Source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Two days ago

127,327 deaths too many.

Some people take solace and probably hope that other countries (in Europe) have more deaths so that the UK figures look better - very sad if this is the case.

Every death is a death too many.

Every death is a human being, someone's father, mother, son, daughter or loved one.

I am surprised that this was even posted and what has it to do with Politics?

Is this some way of getting one over the EU?

I look forward to when this pandemic is over.

Glad some people think that the UK has done so well - I personally do not.

Believe what figures suit your own agenda but remember, each death is a person and not just a number.

westerham

"Easy to manipulate figures to suit what you want to hear but..

UK - excess deaths 127,327

Italy - 117,997

Source - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Two days ago

127,327 deaths too many.

Some people take solace and probably hope that other countries (in Europe) have more deaths so that the UK figures look better - very sad if this is the case.

Every death is a death too many.

Every death is a human being, someone's father, mother, son, daughter or loved one.

I am surprised that this was even posted and what has it to do with Politics?

Is this some way of getting one over the EU?

I look forward to when this pandemic is over.

Glad some people think that the UK has done so well - I personally do not.

Believe what figures suit your own agenda but remember, each death is a person and not just a number."

It's more to do with there being a third wave in Europe that absolutely should have been avoided or at least lessened if Macron and Merkel had stopped making idiotic political points about excellent vaccines and got their act together.

Third wave - yes. Terrible according to the UK press.

Enjoyed my golf this morning and a few beers at the club with my buddies as normal.

Going for a trip in my motorcycle tomorrow and will grab some lunch at a restaurant I know (carryout only).

Vaccine rollout is at about 5,00,000 per day at the moment.

France ahead of vaccine targets as hit 12,000,000 a few weeks ago.

Vaccine passports likely to be rolled out in June (obviously not to be accepted by UK govt as these will be EU passports).

Excess deaths (same scale as previous post) just over 101,000 (which is terrible none the less).

Lovely weather.

Restaurants and cafes to fully open mid May.

3rd wave - haven't really noticed.

Glad to see that the UK is finally coming out of a lockdown - how long has it been?

Quite some time if I remember correctly...

Oh dear - World beating though..

Longest lockdown in Europe - well done.

...obviously the fault of the EU...

..and Macron and Merkel as they get the blame for anything that goes wrong in the UK.

As long as you lot are happy in your own little World ...

Can a mod please move this to virus section?

"Can a mod please move this to virus section?"

Exactly

westerham

"Third wave - yes. Terrible according to the UK press.

Enjoyed my golf this morning and a few beers at the club with my buddies as normal.

Going for a trip in my motorcycle tomorrow and will grab some lunch at a restaurant I know (carryout only).

Vaccine passports likely to be rolled out in June (obviously not to be accepted by UK govt as these will be EU passports).

Excess deaths (same scale as previous post) just over 101,000 (which is terrible none the less).

Lovely weather.

Glad to see that the UK is finally coming out of a lockdown - how long has it been?

..and Macron and Merkel as they get the blame for anything that goes wrong in the UK.

"

Sounds like you're the one trying to turn it into some sort of weird competition. And it's a political thread.

bournemouth

"Third wave - yes. Terrible according to the UK press.

Lovely weather.

"

According to world stats france had 12 million with at least one dose on 15 april and since have done 300,000 jabs a day.

Better than they were but still far too slow.

418,000 shots yesterday so slightly down on previous higher figures. First jabs have now almost reached 13m but the need for 2nd jabs is slowing them a little.

Latest actual figures - not UK press or fantasy

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"418,000 shots yesterday so slightly down on previous higher figures. First jabs have now almost reached 13m but the need for 2nd jabs is slowing them a little.

"

Dont mention shots they will be raising the white flag.

Well done France you have finally got your act together now lets hope you can get your deaths down and the virus under control.

Thank you.

Yes, France finally seems to be getting their act together.

The UK vaccine roll out has been tremendous and a shining example of what can be done but France is now getting there.

As I said previously, this should never have been under Politics and deaths are not something to be seen as some sort of competition by EU haters.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Thank you.

The UK vaccine roll out has been tremendous and a shining example of what can be done but France is now getting there.

As I said previously, this should never have been under Politics and deaths are not something to be seen as some sort of competition by EU haters.

"

Exactly any death is a tragedy and so the sooner they can get it under control the better in my book.Spain now seem to be doing a lot better with the roll out too now.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 22/04/21 17:09:31]

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Thank you.

"

“..... deaths are not something to be seen as some sort of competition by EU haters......”

————————-

That’s true. Every death is a tragedy, and should not be seen or used as a competition.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Thank you.

“..... deaths are not something to be seen as some sort of competition by EU haters......”

————————-

That’s true. Every death is a tragedy, and should not be seen or used as a competition. "

Absolutely, every one is a tragedy and should not be a competition. Sadly when the UK was in the grip of it some on here me started most posts by mentioning the UK rate and how much worse we were than some places in Europe

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Thank you.

————————-

That’s true. Every death is a tragedy, and should not be seen or used as a competition.

Absolutely, every one is a tragedy and should not be a competition. Sadly when the UK was in the grip of it some on here me started most posts by mentioning the UK rate and how much worse we were than some places in Europe"

bournemouth

"418,000 shots yesterday so slightly down on previous higher figures. First jabs have now almost reached 13m but the need for 2nd jabs is slowing them a little.

"

Read what I put, it's from the world stats site that records all the covid stats provided by every country, so not uk press or fantasy.

» Add a new message to this topic