FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Johnny Mercer sticks the knife in...

Johnny Mercer sticks the knife in...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Three tours in Afghanistan and a man with impeccable credentials is asked to leave the Government.

His subsequent description of the inner workings of this Government is one of chaos, confusion and lying.

Some will say, “tell us something we don’t already know,” whilst others might say “never believe a serviceman who has seen active duty.”

What say you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm curious why some say never trust a serviceman who's seen active duty

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m in the tell us something we don’t know camp.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Three tours in Afghanistan and a man with impeccable credentials is asked to leave the Government.

His subsequent description of the inner workings of this Government is one of chaos, confusion and lying.

Some will say, “tell us something we don’t already know,” whilst others might say “never believe a serviceman who has seen active duty.”

What say you? "

In the quote I saw he lumped all of Westminster in the same cesspit, which I would agree with, it's ironic he has left due to ex servicemen being prosecuted for killings during the troubles when only yesterday there were people celebrating the conviction of a policeman in the USA for killing on duty.

"Three tours in Afghanistan and a man with impeccable credentials is asked to leave the Government.

What say you?

In the quote I saw he lumped all of Westminster in the same cesspit, which I would agree with, it's ironic he has left due to ex servicemen being prosecuted for killings during the troubles when only yesterday there were people celebrating the conviction of a policeman in the USA for killing on duty."

Why is it ironic ?

bournemouth

What say you?

In the quote I saw he lumped all of Westminster in the same cesspit, which I would agree with, it's ironic he has left due to ex servicemen being prosecuted for killings during the troubles when only yesterday there were people celebrating the conviction of a policeman in the USA for killing on duty.

Why is it ironic ? "

Because we get people here who supported the US prosecution and yet will criticise the(tory) government for prosecuting the soldiers, personally I think these soldiers shouldn't be chased

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Although I believe him about this, let's remind ourselves he's a bit of a chancer himself -

He was caught up in some complicated wheeze in 2019 where he was being paid 85k? to promote some dodgy savings scheme that collapsed, and

He said in 2019 "I've never known a straight woman who didn't fancy me"

Mmmm

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

Because we get people here who supported the US prosecution and yet will criticise the(tory) government for prosecuting the soldiers, personally I think these soldiers shouldn't be chased"

I celebrated a racist murderer cop getting convicted, I wouldn’t celebrate soldiers getting convicted of a crime they didn’t commit

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

Because we get people here who supported the US prosecution and yet will criticise the(tory) government for prosecuting the soldiers, personally I think these soldiers shouldn't be chased

I celebrated a racist murderer cop getting convicted, I wouldn’t celebrate soldiers getting convicted of a crime they didn’t commit "

I hope you have prove of Derek Chauvin being racist.

Otherwise we should stick to a police officer murdered a suspect.

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

I celebrated a racist murderer cop getting convicted, I wouldn’t celebrate soldiers getting convicted of a crime they didn’t commit

Otherwise we should stick to a police officer murdered a suspect. "

*proof

"Although I believe him about this, let's remind ourselves he's a bit of a chancer himself -

He was caught up in some complicated wheeze in 2019 where he was being paid 85k? to promote some dodgy savings scheme that collapsed, and

He said in 2019 "I've never known a straight woman who didn't fancy me"

Mmmm"

That sounds like it would endear him to the current government, not estrange him.

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

*proof"

Are you still upset that he got convicted of murderer? What sort of proof do you need?

westerham

Indeed, Where's the evidence of racism?

"Indeed, Where's the evidence of racism? "

Ok, I will retract my racism comment as it has obviously triggered you both. Chauvin is a murderer, and I was happy when he was found guilty

westerham

"Indeed, Where's the evidence of racism?

Ok, I will retract my racism comment as it has obviously triggered you both. Chauvin is a murderer, and I was happy when he was found guilty "

Lazy stereotyping lazily dismissed as being triggered, when it was merely a request for accuracy, sad

"Indeed, Where's the evidence of racism?

Ok, I will retract my racism comment as it has obviously triggered you both. Chauvin is a murderer, and I was happy when he was found guilty

Lazy stereotyping lazily dismissed as being triggered, when it was merely a request for accuracy, sad"

Stereotyping?

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

*proof

Are you still upset that he got convicted of murderer? What sort of proof do you need? "

Upset? I publicly said I was happy with the jurors decision.

I'm just not sure where racism comes into it. A police officer murdered a suspect. End of.

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

*proof

Are you still upset that he got convicted of murderer? What sort of proof do you need?

I'm just not sure where racism comes into it. A police officer murdered a suspect. End of."

My mistake, you were upset that I called him a racist

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

*proof

I'm just not sure where racism comes into it. A police officer murdered a suspect. End of.

My mistake, you were upset that I called him a racist "

Your mistake is labelling people racist without proof. If you have proof, I'll back you on it.

You can think I'm upset all you like but you're always wide of the mark

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

*proof

My mistake, you were upset that I called him a racist

Your mistake is labelling people racist without proof. If you have proof, I'll back you on it.

You can think I'm upset all you like but you're always wide of the mark "

I sincerely apologise to you for calling Chauvin a racist,

westerham

What say you? "

As I say, actually less than impeccable credentials

bournemouth

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

I celebrated a racist murderer cop getting convicted, I wouldn’t celebrate soldiers getting convicted of a crime they didn’t commit "

How do you know if they have or have not committed a crime the issue is over whether they should be investigated and if reasonable charged ?

You cant have it both ways.

As for being racist Chauvin was married to an Asian.

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

How do you know if they have or have not committed a crime the issue is over whether they should be investigated and if reasonable charged ?

As for being racist Chauvin was married to an Asian."

Have you just seriously suggested that Chavin can’t be racist because he is married to an Asian? Wow, that is some statement

bournemouth

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

Have you just seriously suggested that Chavin can’t be racist because he is married to an Asian? Wow, that is some statement "

Nice swerve, not answering the first point, of course he MIGHT not like some races but as you have already admitted there was no claim by the prosecution he was racist.

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

Have you just seriously suggested that Chavin can’t be racist because he is married to an Asian? Wow, that is some statement

Nice swerve, not answering the first point, of course he MIGHT not like some races but as you have already admitted there was no claim by the prosecution he was racist. "

‘As for being racist Chauvin was married to an Asian’

Why did you mention he was married to an Asian?

bournemouth

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

Nice swerve, not answering the first point, of course he MIGHT not like some races but as you have already admitted there was no claim by the prosecution he was racist.

‘As for being racist Chauvin was married to an Asian’

Why did you mention he was married to an Asian? "

Oh dear another one who doesnt answer questions when caught our.

North West

How the fuck has this thread drifted into talking about Chauvin? Fuck him ...

“Johnny Mercer has launched an extraordinary attack on Boris Johnson’s government, describing it as a “cesspit” and “the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in”.... “ the MP also accused ministers of being “cowards”... “ This is the most distrustful, awful environment I’ve ever worked in, in government. Almost nobody tells the truth.”

Nothing to do with fuckwit thug, Chauvin.

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

Because we get people here who supported the US prosecution and yet will criticise the(tory) government for prosecuting the soldiers, personally I think these soldiers shouldn't be chased"

I agree. Especially when ira suspects of attacks were given letters of immunity!

North West

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

I agree. Especially when ira suspects of attacks were given letters of immunity! "

Was that not part of the overall peace process though?

The British Army was actively deployed in N Ireland for far too long and “some” soldiers did a disservice to the Army, to their Regiment and to themselves.

Cold-blooded murder and conspiracy to murder/mutilate is not something that any professionally trained soldier should be accused of. Like the Police, they should be beyond reproach.

Of course terrorists committed atrocities- that is what they do voluntarily. A professional soldier should be better than that.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

I would believe a serving soldier over most people

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"I would believe a serving soldier over most people "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I like the cut of his job to coin a phrase, I would trust him till he let me down but he is head and shoulders above the majority of his ex cabinet colleagues when it comes to integrity and respect..

And I don't support the Tories..

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

I agree. Especially when ira suspects of attacks were given letters of immunity!

The British Army was actively deployed in N Ireland for far too long and “some” soldiers did a disservice to the Army, to their Regiment and to themselves.

Cold-blooded murder and conspiracy to murder/mutilate is not something that any professionally trained soldier should be accused of. Like the Police, they should be beyond reproach.

Of course terrorists committed atrocities- that is what they do voluntarily. A professional soldier should be better than that."

David Cameron had some sort of investigation into the letters of immunity given to ira members so could have been an oversight rather than sn agreed condition. Yes your right, some didn't uphold the standards of their regiments, but in my opinion any investigation into misconduct has bren done sd fsr ad I'm aware so i think letters of immunity all round would be appropriate

bournemouth

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

Of course terrorists committed atrocities- that is what they do voluntarily. A professional soldier should be better than that.

David Cameron had some sort of investigation into the letters of immunity given to ira members so could have been an oversight rather than sn agreed condition. Yes your right, some didn't uphold the standards of their regiments, but in my opinion any investigation into misconduct has bren done sd fsr ad I'm aware so i think letters of immunity all round would be appropriate "

Yes I agree, its double standards otherwise,

in Lancashire

Where there to be the knowledge that Immunities will be granted to service personnel it would give the green light to some albeit a minority that the international conventions and laws we have signed up to as a nation mean nothing..

Therein lies a massive risk where Abu graib, Me Lai become accepted and that is wrong..

We had the yellow card in the six counties, it was what we were guided by and largely it was adhered to despite the fact we were at odds with others who played by very little rules..

If you lower yourself to the standards of such people then they have won part of what they want ...

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Where there to be the knowledge that Immunities will be granted to service personnel it would give the green light to some albeit a minority that the international conventions and laws we have signed up to as a nation mean nothing..

Therein lies a massive risk where Abu graib, Me Lai become accepted and that is wrong..

We had the yellow card in the six counties, it was what we were guided by and largely it was adhered to despite the fact we were at odds with others who played by very little rules..

If you lower yourself to the standards of such people then they have won part of what they want ...

"

"Where there to be the knowledge that Immunities will be granted to service personnel it would give the green light to some albeit a minority that the international conventions and laws we have signed up to as a nation mean nothing..

"

I meant immunity for past conflict in Northern Ireland. Surely the incidents like bloody Sunday have been investigated and those involved / found to be guilty will have been delt with by now. Granting immunity for "the troubles" on both sides would draw a line under it and hopefully move on.

bournemouth

A crime is a crime, if you forgive one side in order to stop the killing, which in my view is unpalatable but necessary to achieve peace,

then you have to forgive everyone.

By *loughing the landMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

. I do not think that race even enters the equation. Floyd was arrested for using forged bank notes . It is difficult to see any possible correlation between being arrested for fraud and racism.

The officer concerned had to restrain Floyd and made decisions on what was best known to him at the time . We can all make the right decisions with the benefit of hindsight .

On the day in question the officer was simply carrying out his duties.

in Lancashire

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

I celebrated a racist murderer cop getting convicted, I wouldn’t celebrate soldiers getting convicted of a crime they didn’t commit . I do not think that race even enters the equation. Floyd was arrested for using forged bank notes . It is difficult to see any possible correlation between being arrested for fraud and racism.

The officer concerned had to restrain Floyd and made decisions on what was best known to him at the time . We can all make the right decisions with the benefit of hindsight .

On the day in question the officer was simply carrying out his duties. "

What are you on about ?

He was cuffed and on the floor, at that point the now convicted murderer chauvin went beyond his duties to the extent a person suspected of a minor offence (if he knew the note was forged) died..

Stop trying to make excuses or justify murder, your only shining a light into a dark part of your thinking process and it's not a good look ..

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

I celebrated a racist murderer cop getting convicted, I wouldn’t celebrate soldiers getting convicted of a crime they didn’t commit . I do not think that race even enters the equation. Floyd was arrested for using forged bank notes . It is difficult to see any possible correlation between being arrested for fraud and racism.

On the day in question the officer was simply carrying out his duties. "

He wasn’t ‘just carrying out his duties ‘ though, that is why he has been found guilty of murder .

By *loughing the landMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

What are you on about ?

He was cuffed and on the floor, at that point the now convicted murderer chauvin went beyond his duties to the extent a person suspected of a minor offence (if he knew the note was forged) died..

Stop trying to make excuses or justify murder, your only shining a light into a dark part of your thinking process and it's not a good look .."

Taking an objective review of the facts is hardly an attempt to justify murder . I prefer to attempt to treat each party fairly. As things stand judgement should be made on what the officer did at the time of the arrest , not based on the arm chair warriors who can make the right decision after the event.

I am confident that the officer in question did not go to work on the day in question with the intention of harming anyone and did the best he could on the day in rather difficult circumstances.

Most people avoid situations such as this by not committing crime .

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

What are you on about ?

Stop trying to make excuses or justify murder, your only shining a light into a dark part of your thinking process and it's not a good look .. Taking an objective review of the facts is hardly an attempt to justify murder . I prefer to attempt to treat each party fairly. As things stand judgement should be made on what the officer did at the time of the arrest , not based on the arm chair warriors who can make the right decision after the event.

I am confident that the officer in question did not go to work on the day in question with the intention of harming anyone and did the best he could on the day in rather difficult circumstances.

Most people avoid situations such as this by not committing crime . "

Are you for real? Do you know what premeditated means? There is absolutely no justification for the murder of George Floyd, you have a very sinister and worrying agenda

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"A crime is a crime, if you forgive one side in order to stop the killing, which in my view is unpalatable but necessary to achieve peace,

then you have to forgive everyone. "

Best comment in this thread.

To move on peacefully you have to give the same forgiveness to all involved.

Putting armed services into a conflict scenario requires a clear understanding that services are trained to kill - not police or maintain order, unless by the use of extreme force.

Each conflict scenario presents a different set of circumstance. Comparing Afghanistan, the gulf conflicts and Northern Ireland is impossible.

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

What are you on about ?

Stop trying to make excuses or justify murder, your only shining a light into a dark part of your thinking process and it's not a good look .. Taking an objective review of the facts is hardly an attempt to justify murder . I prefer to attempt to treat each party fairly. As things stand judgement should be made on what the officer did at the time of the arrest , not based on the arm chair warriors who can make the right decision after the event.

Did George Floyd know it was a forged note in the first place though?! Ive been unwittingly given dodgy notes and shop staff judt refused to take it..

As for Derek Chauvin; a piece of nasty shit who in my opinion, enjoyed bullying people. That bastard had 18 complaints against him and would have killed someone eventually.

in Lancashire

What say you?

Why is it ironic ?

What are you on about ?

You do talk some twaddle, pointing out to some ignoramus the facts as it seems they are desperate to find any excuse for a person being murdered has fek all to do with anything other than your own failure to accept the reality..

Not saying he went to work to murder someone, but he got it criminally wrong when he went beyond what he had been trained to do..

Crime is a factor in society, it's how it's dealt with at the point of contact..

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

What say you? "

I say Johnny's more than a little bit dim. If you read what he has to say and then consider he's a Tory MP who didn't realise his party was full of people with no integrity, who couldn't be trusted?

What a fucking thicko, might be a fair assessment.

He should have stuck to soldiering.

"

I say Johnny's more than a little bit dim. If you read what he has to say and then consider he's a Tory MP who didn't realise his party was full of people with no integrity, who couldn't be trusted?

What a fucking thicko, might be a fair assessment.

He should have stuck to soldiering."

Having no integrity is a prerequisite to being a Tory

» Add a new message to this topic