FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > At last

At last

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Some good news

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/08/uk-government-loses-legal-battle-transparency-orwellian-unit

Quite why they have to be taken to court ,to be transparent ,is anyones guess.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/06/21 23:27:41]

"Some good news

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/08/uk-government-loses-legal-battle-transparency-orwellian-unit

Quite why they have to be taken to court ,to be transparent ,is anyones guess."

Got a better link Lad ,

Its not too clear .

liverpool

"Some good news

Quite why they have to be taken to court ,to be transparent ,is anyones guess.

Got a better link Lad ,

Its not too clear ."

Womt it open?

It will be on that open democracy.org site

I doubt the likes of the mail will be running with it

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

- “George, look at that, Boris has lost some legal battle to prevent the release of documents about Keith Harris and Orville unit that is accused of obstructing the release of material requested by the public under the Freedom of Information Act.”

- “Oh! Never heard of it dear - as long as it doesn’t mess up our holiday plans and we can take of these bloody face masks I’ll be happy “

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Things starting to be uncovered all over it seems

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/09/covid-contract-for-firm-run-by-cummings-friends-was-unlawful-judge-rules

Illegal actions and bullying of anyone who questions.. who are these people in government?? Dictatorship behaviour.

Also

Turns out Boris knew the protocol for Northern Ireland was not fit for purpose according to senior Tory Gavin Barwell.

Get Brexit done and we’ll worry about the detail later.

Self image above all else in this case.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

the stalinists in No.10 just keep on rolling along

liverpool

"Things starting to be uncovered all over it seems

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/09/covid-contract-for-firm-run-by-cummings-friends-was-unlawful-judge-rules

Illegal actions and bullying of anyone who questions.. who are these people in government?? Dictatorship behaviour.

Also

Turns out Boris knew the protocol for Northern Ireland was not fit for purpose according to senior Tory Gavin Barwell.

"

What a difference it makes when they are investigated by someone actually impartial.

What I dont get is why is there not already in place a an independent watch ,to prevent this type of thing?

Why should someone have to raise money,to get to the truth in court.

Strangely enough I remember a member of the Alex knitting circle being highly critical of the good law project, who have raised it.

Who would have thought it?

Manchester

Also

What a difference it makes when they are investigated by someone actually impartial.

What I dont get is why is there not already in place a an independent watch ,to prevent this type of thing?

Strangely enough I remember a member of the Alex knitting circle being highly critical of the good law project, who have raised it.

Who would have thought it?"

They tried to out fund them to stop the case .

liverpool

Also

Who would have thought it?

"

This is a gmnt who describe lawyers representing immigrants as do.gooders.

And a big chunk of the population Cheer them.on all the way

"

"

The government has defended the cases determinedly, initially trying but failing to have them thrown out, then refusing to limit its costs. That has put the GLP, a not-for-profit organisation that raises money through crowdfunding to support its stated mission to “use the law to protect the interests of the public”, at severe financial risk if it loses and has to pay the government’s costs.

In February, the Government Legal Department notified the GLP that its costs for defending the challenge to the Public First award could reach £600,000, more than the value of the contract.

the GLP have yet to apply to the court for legal costs to be claimed from the government. the government's refusal to limit costs could have indeed backfired in an extremely costly manner.

Manchester

"

The government has defended the cases determinedly, initially trying but failing to have them thrown out, then refusing to limit its costs. That has put the GLP, a not-for-profit organisation that raises money through crowdfunding to support its stated mission to “use the law to protect the interests of the public”, at severe financial risk if it loses and has to pay the government’s costs.

In February, the Government Legal Department notified the GLP that its costs for defending the challenge to the Public First award could reach £600,000, more than the value of the contract.

the GLP have yet to apply to the court for legal costs to be claimed from the government. the government's refusal to limit costs could have indeed backfired in an extremely costly manner."

Just as well they won’t be paying .. it will fall to the taxpayer as usual.

Let’s suggest a Tory backer can have a peerage if they cough the full amount!! Oh silly that would never happen!

Where are the Blue Voters to defend them ?

This thread is definitively one sided !!

liverpool

"Where are the Blue Voters to defend them ?

"

They are trying to figure out how they can blame labour.

"

Unfortunately i voted blue last time round against my better judgement. The thought of Corbyn as PM was too frightening to even think about for too long.

The reason no blues voters have popped their heads up is very simple, you can't defend the indefensible. In fact what the tories have done here is very similar to what Robert Maxwell used to do on a regular basis.

Manchester

Hard to defend the indefensible

In this case the obscene way with which this bunch abuse the office of our country’s government is obscene.

Any government that fights off scrutiny is not a democracy in action. We should all be concerned whatever your political leanings.

Manchester

Unfortunately i voted blue last time round against my better judgement. The thought of Corbyn as PM was too frightening to even think about for too long.

The reason no blues voters have popped their heads up is very simple, you can't defend the indefensible. In fact what the tories have done here is very similar to what Robert Maxwell used to do on a regular basis."

Donald trump for years didn’t pay bills and fought off smaller creditors by threatening legal action which most could afford to risk!!

Boris and co are cut from similar cloth . Disgusting and an embarrassment to our historic great nation.

liverpool

"Hard to defend the indefensible

In this case the obscene way with which this bunch abuse the office of our country’s government is obscene.

Any government that fights off scrutiny is not a democracy in action. We should all be concerned whatever your political leanings.

"

It's even easier to just ignore it

Look at how many replies the islomaapobia report got ,compared to the mulititude of antl semitic threads about the labour party.

it's stalinism without the use of ice picks

liverpool

Epic levels of whatabouttery in the virus forum

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Epic levels of whatabouttery in the virus forum"
That must be your favourite word

liverpool

"Epic levels of whatabouttery in the virus forum That must be your favourite word "

Quite

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I believe that outside of the SW1 political bubble the result of this case will be of little consequence to George and Betty (see earlier post).

That's not a good level to be at, but considering everything else that's going on, who can blame folks for having their own priorities...

Manchester

I feel we area one party state at the min which is a worry.

"I feel we area one party state at the min which is a worry. "

the anouncement of the latest tory gerrymander compounds this

The reason no blues voters have popped their heads up is very simple, you can't defend the indefensible. In fact what the tories have done here is very similar to what Robert Maxwell used to do on a regular basis.

Donald trump for years didn’t pay bills and fought off smaller creditors by threatening legal action which most could afford to risk!!

Boris and co are cut from similar cloth . Disgusting and an embarrassment to our historic great nation.

"

For Trump, he has actually been doing it for all his adult life. Murdock is another cut from the same cloth as well.

They are trying to figure out how they can blame labour."

Look at how many replies the islomaapobia report got ,compared to the mulititude of antl semitic threads about the labour party. "

I noticed that too

liverpool

Look at how many replies the islomaapobia report got ,compared to the mulititude of antl semitic threads about the labour party.

I noticed that too "

Without derailing the thread,the picture was reflected in the media.

2 very similar stories.. one generated weeks if not months of headlines and gave labour a tag they cant shake, the other barely made it past a day.

And people say why dont we have an effective opposition?

I noticed that too

Without derailing the thread,the picture was reflected in the media.

2 very similar stories.. one generated weeks if not months of headlines and gave labour a tag they cant shake, the other barely made it past a day.

And people say why dont we have an effective opposition?"

Yup

But they will still try & tell us differently .

What i like most is that while they read this

I know they will be calling me angry names .

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"

Well I vote Tory mainly but always do consider others. I also agree with the bad feeling over this so would not seek to defend it. Just because a person votes for a party does not mean they agree with everything that they do

Ok we can let you say it means you dont

agree with everything they do .

Problem is it gives them the Power to

do whatever tehy want & the Tory party has never been

About doing things for the people .

Its only ever been about what they can get for

Themselves there families & there friends .

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Ok we can let you say it means you dont

Themselves there families & there friends ."

thanks for letting me. Truly honoured

"Ok we can let you say it means you dont

Themselves there families & there friends .

thanks for letting me. Truly honoured"

Letting you what ?

» Add a new message to this topic