FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Britain begs EU for chilled meats ?

Britain begs EU for chilled meats ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57518980

The UK has asked the EU to extend a grace period for chilled meats until the end of September.

Exports of chilled meats from GB to NI are due to be banned at the end of June under the terms of the NI Protocol.

The Protocol is the part of the Brexit deal which keeps NI in the EU single market for goods.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Im hoping this one annoys Boat boy the most

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

When we all eat bugs we won't need meats

Embrace the change... eat bugs

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Im hoping this one annoys Boat boy the most

"

Why are you trying to annoy people on here? It is supposed to be a forum for discussions and this childish behaviour is exactly the reason i spend so little time on here, grow up.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Why are you trying to annoy people on here? It is supposed to be a forum for discussions and this childish behaviour is exactly the reason i spend so little time on here, grow up. "

I have to agree. Scattergun sarcasm and insults, coupled with childish name-calling, lends nothing to sensible debate.

The enjoyment is waning, and thats from someone who has been here far too many years!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Why are you trying to annoy people on here? It is supposed to be a forum for discussions and this childish behaviour is exactly the reason i spend so little time on here, grow up.

I have to agree. Scattergun sarcasm and insults, coupled with childish name-calling, lends nothing to sensible debate.

The enjoyment is waning, and thats from someone who has been here far too many years! "

Its what people with empty lives do

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

Very sad attitude, this is meant to be a place to have a discussion not annoy people.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You guys have all been here long enough to know that it's unusual for any real debate to be had round here anymore.

It was a school playground, it's now turned into a nursery playground

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

"

A little pathetic

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I don’t care if Boris is annoyed and he probably won’t be as he doesn’t give a stuff.

The manufacturers and retailers however have every right to be annoyed.

Boris’ deal yet again shown to not be fit for purpose. He threatened during questions this week to take unilateral action. The guy is a nightmare. He negotiated this and signed up for it and now can’t run backwards fast enough. He blames EU intransigence yet he agreed to the deal as it was written!!!

Interesting how Cummings mentioned Boris wants to quit after the next election to earn some money and have fun.

I’m sure those businesses which are struggling due to his deal are delighted for him.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"

Mate you're using a blunderbuss against a Challenger Tank.

But do let us know when you're available to receive serious replies on your threads

By *ilkysmooth123Man  over a year ago

nr sedbergh

"

You need to step down as the leader of your crew.Give lionel a go.Or the other one.

Grantham

There is a radical way around the NI problem.

Make everything imported into Ireland check free, and then make the checks outward, when products enter the EU.

This is just the inverse of whats happening at the moment, and as the EU are so keen on checks, then give the problem to them. After all, there's no sectarianism in Rotterdam or Antwerp.

near ipswich

One in five checks on the whole of the eu boarders are made in NI if that doesn't tell you something about the eu you must be blind. How much stuff comes into the eu through Rotterdam for instance from outside the eu let alone the rest of the eu ? and yet they concentrate their checks on NI.

Manchester

"There is a radical way around the NI problem.

Make everything imported into Ireland check free, and then make the checks outward, when products enter the EU.

This is just the inverse of whats happening at the moment, and as the EU are so keen on checks, then give the problem to them. After all, there's no sectarianism in Rotterdam or Antwerp.

"

Interesting concept but can’t see the republic being too keen. They didn’t vote for more red tape we did! Anyway I thought Brexit was about taking control of our borders with the EU, not the other way around ? Interesting how it’s worked out though!! “There will be no border between northern Ireland and the mainland.’ I can her him ringing that out loudly!! Yet another cast iron promise made from paper mache!! Or was he just basically lying ?

Manchester

"One in five checks on the whole of the eu boarders are made in NI if that doesn't tell you something about the eu you must be blind. How much stuff comes into the eu through Rotterdam for instance from outside the eu let alone the rest of the eu ? and yet they concentrate their checks on NI. "

Most of what goes through Rotterdam is not for the Netherlands . It travels under T1 unless cleared in NL . The goods are checked by other country’s customs. The statistics don’t show the picture clearly . It’s not a simple comparison

near ipswich

A trusted trader should suffice, eg sainsbury,s and asda have no outlets in the republic so as long as they have a sticker on the packaging it should not be a problem but of course thats too simple and does not suit the eu mandate.

FFs you cant even take a guide dog to NI without the paperwork now even though it has been pointed out to then that the uk has not had one case of rabies since 1922 which was imported from europe.

Grantham

"There is a radical way around the NI problem.

Interesting concept but can’t see the republic being too keen. They didn’t vote for more red tape we did! Anyway I thought Brexit was about taking control of our borders with the EU, not the other way around ? Interesting how it’s worked out though!! “There will be no border between northern Ireland and the mainland.’ I can her him ringing that out loudly!! Yet another cast iron promise made from paper mache!! Or was he just basically lying ? "

Yes, the problem is the bad agreement drawn up by politicians, instead of business!

But we are in the here and now. Of course, Eire won't be happy but would they be happy if we now said "no deal", and went to WTO?

near ipswich

"One in five checks on the whole of the eu boarders are made in NI if that doesn't tell you something about the eu you must be blind. How much stuff comes into the eu through Rotterdam for instance from outside the eu let alone the rest of the eu ? and yet they concentrate their checks on NI.

Most of what goes through Rotterdam is not for the Netherlands . It travels under T1 unless cleared in NL . The goods are checked by other country’s customs. The statistics don’t show the picture clearly . It’s not a simple comparison "

I was using that as an example it does not retract from the fact that one in five checks of imports to the whole of the eu are at this moment taking place in NI.Doesnt that tell you anything?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

My memory must be failing me as I'm sure I remember a few months ago,alex,the daily mail (we did it)and its sheep like followers celebrating what a great deal it was and lording it over the sceptics

In a completely shocking development it turns out this isnt the case,however never fear,its still all the eus fault.

Brilliant.

near ipswich

"My memory must be failing me as I'm sure I remember a few months ago,alex,the daily mail (we did it)and its sheep like followers celebrating what a great deal it was and lording it over the sceptics

In a completely shocking development it turns out this isnt the case,however never fear,its still all the eus fault.

Brilliant."

Tell me this lionel without all your political bias why would the eu checks be 1 in 5 of all imports to the eu be in NI? bearing in mind no food standard rules have changed in the last 6 months and are exactly the same as before.

Just answer the question i dont want any whataboutery why do you think that is?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57518980

The UK has asked the EU to extend a grace period for chilled meats until the end of September.

Exports of chilled meats from GB to NI are due to be banned at the end of June under the terms of the NI Protocol.

The Protocol is the part of the Brexit deal which keeps NI in the EU single market for goods.

"

but you said begs the eu wtf

Manchester

"A trusted trader should suffice, eg sainsbury,s and asda have no outlets in the republic so as long as they have a sticker on the packaging it should not be a problem but of course thats too simple and does not suit the eu mandate.

FFs you cant even take a guide dog to NI without the paperwork now even though it has been pointed out to then that the uk has not had one case of rabies since 1922 which was imported from europe. "

Each country runs their own checks

Speak to Ireland not the EU.

We have issues with polish customs checking absolutely everything. Certain German routes waved past other stop and check.

We wanted all this shit remember rather than push back on federalism while a member. Farage could have done more to change the EU rather than just taking the money and saying we need to leave. No plan just bigoted rhetoric.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"A trusted trader should suffice, eg sainsbury,s and asda have no outlets in the republic so as long as they have a sticker on the packaging it should not be a problem but of course thats too simple and does not suit the eu mandate.

FFs you cant even take a guide dog to NI without the paperwork now even though it has been pointed out to then that the uk has not had one case of rabies since 1922 which was imported from europe.

We have issues with polish customs checking absolutely everything. Certain German routes waved past other stop and check.

We wanted all this shit remember rather than push back on federalism while a member. Farage could have done more to change the EU rather than just taking the money and saying we need to leave. No plan just bigoted rhetoric. "

So you're just saying the countries run by Brussels are a shambles of non cooperation and jobsworths.

Thank God we're out

near ipswich

We wanted all this shit remember rather than push back on federalism while a member. Farage could have done more to change the EU rather than just taking the money and saying we need to leave. No plan just bigoted rhetoric. "

I dont think its Ireland doing the checks in NI its the eu if it was lord frost would be talking to them instead and it would be sorted as Ireland wants it sorted too they have the most to lose if they go to WTO rules.

Manchester

Read a report in The Grocer today and we can start expecting items to be missing off shelves due to manufacturers cutting back on food lines. There is a chronic shortage of Labour in the food harvesting, processing and logistics industry according to their contributors. .

Major meat processor mentions a 10% shortage of staff. Deliveries are being cancelled . Due to the holiday season coming it’s going to get worse.

English jobs for English workers ?? Well the jobs are there where are the workers??

The visa restrictions are putting foreign workers off .

It’s all going swimmingly. Oh wait that’s the flood of immigrants since we can’t man the borders properly due to staff shortages.

near ipswich

"Read a report in The Grocer today and we can start expecting items to be missing off shelves due to manufacturers cutting back on food lines. There is a chronic shortage of Labour in the food harvesting, processing and logistics industry according to their contributors. .

Major meat processor mentions a 10% shortage of staff. Deliveries are being cancelled . Due to the holiday season coming it’s going to get worse.

English jobs for English workers ?? Well the jobs are there where are the workers??

It’s all going swimmingly. Oh wait that’s the flood of immigrants since we can’t man the borders properly due to staff shortages.

"

Has any of that any relevance at all to the NI protocol which we are talking about?

Manchester

We wanted all this shit remember rather than push back on federalism while a member. Farage could have done more to change the EU rather than just taking the money and saying we need to leave. No plan just bigoted rhetoric.

So you're just saying the countries run by Brussels are a shambles of non cooperation and jobsworths.

Thank God we're out "

Each country runs its own border checks nothing to do with Brussels running anything.

Twist it how you like Chris you support this mess 100% so feel free to bathe in that glory of success. Erm didn’t leavers claim we’d check the borders and yet here we are six months later with no border checks?? So even without the EU in control as you put it we can’t keep up with our European friends as we’re not ready. Are we winning in the race for being incompetent there?? Looks like it to me. Shambolic is a good word to describe this mess. No border controls until at least 2022. Winner winner TV dinner !!

Still excited to find out where that £350m is being spent!!

Manchester

"Read a report in The Grocer today and we can start expecting items to be missing off shelves due to manufacturers cutting back on food lines. There is a chronic shortage of Labour in the food harvesting, processing and logistics industry according to their contributors. .

Has any of that any relevance at all to the NI protocol which we are talking about?"

Export and import of “chilled meats” mentioned in OP, into and out of the EU. The food production companies are being hit by both the protocol and the new regulators. Logistics will lose patience soon and hike up prices again or just avoid NI .

Manufacturers will limit supply to sustainable viable routes. If they have to chose then why bother with NI .

Enough relevance for you??

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Leave my Salchichon alone please.

near ipswich

Has any of that any relevance at all to the NI protocol which we are talking about?

Export and import of “chilled meats” mentioned in OP, into and out of the EU. The food production companies are being hit by both the protocol and the new regulators. Logistics will lose patience soon and hike up prices again or just avoid NI .

Manufacturers will limit supply to sustainable viable routes. If they have to chose then why bother with NI .

"

so back on track so are you still taking the stance that its not the eu and its Ireland doing all these un necessary checks?

Manchester

so back on track so are you still taking the stance that its not the eu and its Ireland doing all these un necessary checks? "

I’m dating the rules are to enforce random checks.

The U.K. have given up mostly as no staff.

The Republic are free to do as many or as few as they like just like us.

The rules once protected us from dodgy food so now we complain that it protects the members of the EU.

The can stop every truck if they want or wave all through. It’s their choice. ( not sure of legal ruling on this numbers to check if I’m honest)

We are finding with our shipments each country has variations.

Northern Spain happy days move on. Southern Spain ( we hate you fucking Brits) stop and wait.

Manchester

"Leave my Salchichon alone please. "

Looks delicious

near ipswich

so back on track so are you still taking the stance that its not the eu and its Ireland doing all these un necessary checks?

The rules once protected us from dodgy food so now we complain that it protects the members of the EU.

The can stop every truck if they want or wave all through. It’s their choice. ( not sure of legal ruling on this numbers to check if I’m honest)

Northern Spain happy days move on. Southern Spain ( we hate you fucking Brits) stop and wait. "

The uk are taking a pragmatic view, nothing has changed as yet all, the rules are still the same so why would they just to disrupt things unlike the eu who im sure some still think like macron and if they make it hard enough the uk "will be begging to rejoin after a year".Once they get their head around that wont happen im sure they will start thinking of the damage they are doing to their citizens.

I feel such a warm Glow that

The Captain & his boat crew seemed

To get so upset with my posts .

#getbrexitdone

Manchester

Northern Spain happy days move on. Southern Spain ( we hate you fucking Brits) stop and wait. The uk are taking a pragmatic view, nothing has changed as yet all, the rules are still the same so why would they just to disrupt things unlike the eu who im sure some still think like macron and if they make it hard enough the uk "will be begging to rejoin after a year".Once they get their head around that wont happen im sure they will start thinking of the damage they are doing to their citizens."

So if you cancel your Netflix subscription but you want to watch films will your argument be that Netflix should be more pragmatic and let you watch some films!!

Boris signed us up for this and it’s a contract which we accepted being pragmatic is just irrelevant . We either agreed the process and deal or we didn’t it’s not a vague agreement open to interpretation it’s written and it what we wanted isn’t it!

Wanting to be pragmatic on a problem

Is fine but this is an international agreement which Boris signed. We can’t be picky and say actually I want you to be pragmatic as I don’t like that bit!!

It’s a deal which we aren’t abiding by.

We rely on imports and international trade with the EU . Over 40% of our exports.

If trade is stopped we lose 40% each country in the EU will lose a fraction of that . I know who will give in first !!

Northern Spain happy days move on. Southern Spain ( we hate you fucking Brits) stop and wait. The uk are taking a pragmatic view, nothing has changed as yet all, the rules are still the same so why would they just to disrupt things unlike the eu who im sure some still think like macron and if they make it hard enough the uk "will be begging to rejoin after a year".Once they get their head around that wont happen im sure they will start thinking of the damage they are doing to their citizens.

So if you cancel your Netflix subscription but you want to watch films will your argument be that Netflix should be more pragmatic and let you watch some films!!

Boris signed us up for this and it’s a contract which we accepted being pragmatic is just irrelevant . We either agreed the process and deal or we didn’t it’s not a vague agreement open to interpretation it’s written and it what we wanted isn’t it!

Is fine but this is an international agreement which Boris signed. We can’t be picky and say actually I want you to be pragmatic as I don’t like that bit!!

We rely on imports and international trade with the EU . Over 40% of our exports.

If trade is stopped we lose 40% each country in the EU will lose a fraction of that . I know who will give in first !! "

Bery well put .

Post of the day for me

near ipswich

Northern Spain happy days move on. Southern Spain ( we hate you fucking Brits) stop and wait. The uk are taking a pragmatic view, nothing has changed as yet all, the rules are still the same so why would they just to disrupt things unlike the eu who im sure some still think like macron and if they make it hard enough the uk "will be begging to rejoin after a year".Once they get their head around that wont happen im sure they will start thinking of the damage they are doing to their citizens.

If trade is stopped we lose 40% each country in the EU will lose a fraction of that . I know who will give in first !! "

Nothing like a netflix subscription as you well know and trade with the eu will not stop either however much to try to scaremonger just like all the jobs going to be lost by the new ferry routes that you predicted along with countless other things.Its to do with respecting the GF agreement which is a unique situation and relies on goodwill from both sides.I was happy to see that macron was sent a copy so he can swat up on it.

If trade is stopped we lose 40% each country in the EU will lose a fraction of that . I know who will give in first !! Nothing like a netflix subscription as you well know and trade with the eu will not stop either however much to try to scaremonger just like all the jobs going to be lost by the new ferry routes that you predicted along with countless other things.Its to do with respecting the GF agreement which is a unique situation and relies on goodwill from both sides.I was happy to see that macron was sent a copy so he can swat up on it."

https://mobile.twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1405532039831425033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1405532039831425033%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://www.ft.com/content/e0663ada-b8e8-40bf-aa85-da518712cfa8?segmentID=635a35f9-12b4-dbf5-9fe6-6b8e6ffb143e

Errr you were saying ?

near ipswich

If trade is stopped we lose 40% each country in the EU will lose a fraction of that . I know who will give in first !! Nothing like a netflix subscription as you well know and trade with the eu will not stop either however much to try to scaremonger just like all the jobs going to be lost by the new ferry routes that you predicted along with countless other things.Its to do with respecting the GF agreement which is a unique situation and relies on goodwill from both sides.I was happy to see that macron was sent a copy so he can swat up on it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1405532039831425033?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1405532039831425033%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

https://www.ft.com/content/e0663ada-b8e8-40bf-aa85-da518712cfa8?segmentID=635a35f9-12b4-dbf5-9fe6-6b8e6ffb143e

Errr you were saying ?"

What has that to do with the NI boarder?

Manchester

If trade is stopped we lose 40% each country in the EU will lose a fraction of that . I know who will give in first !! Nothing like a netflix subscription as you well know and trade with the eu will not stop either however much to try to scaremonger just like all the jobs going to be lost by the new ferry routes that you predicted along with countless other things.Its to do with respecting the GF agreement which is a unique situation and relies on goodwill from both sides.I was happy to see that macron was sent a copy so he can swat up on it."

Trade probably won’t stop I agree with you but Boris threatening this is just bollocks and he knows it!

The cost to export to Ireland is going up over and over again due Brexit costs and to a shortage of Irish trucks going home through the U.K. .

It’s affecting trade . Look up the details in trade magazines if you don’t believe me. I don’t care if you believe me or not.

The trailer operators shipping unaccompanied out of the U.K. to the continent are declining new routes . The lack of self drive traffic and worsening lack of drivers is causing problems at ports like Immingham and Felixstowe. Our major carriers are struggling to cope with existing work. They are not interested in delays to Ireland so don’t want that work either. They need the trucks moving not waiting.

Boris has to sort this but I don’t see how he can.

The customs Union was the only choice that worked but he dismissed that.

Now being pragmatic on that would have been a better approach instead he chose a belligerent attitude which has caused a total fuck up.

If trade is stopped we lose 40% each country in the EU will lose a fraction of that . I know who will give in first !! Nothing like a netflix subscription as you well know and trade with the eu will not stop either however much to try to scaremonger just like all the jobs going to be lost by the new ferry routes that you predicted along with countless other things.Its to do with respecting the GF agreement which is a unique situation and relies on goodwill from both sides.I was happy to see that macron was sent a copy so he can swat up on it.

Errr you were saying ?What has that to do with the NI boarder? "

Its to do with The uks boarder with the EU .

The UK no longer being in the EU

Jobs being cut because of the Brexit bonus

Scaremongering i think you said .

Brexit isnt just about the Lack of sausages

In the 6 counties .

Its about far far more than that .

near ipswich

Errr you were saying ?What has that to do with the NI boarder?

Its to do with The uks boarder with the EU .

The UK no longer being in the EU

Jobs being cut because of the Brexit bonus

Scaremongering i think you said .

Brexit isnt just about the Lack of sausages

In the 6 counties .

Its about far far more than that ."

Its either not enough workers one minute and now jobs being cut which is it?

It can be both you know .

It seems ypu cant understand

Simple facts

"It can be both you know .

It seems you cant understand

Simple facts "

Oops spelling correction & bump

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Well it’s not like they weren’t warned about a border down the Irish Sea…. Oh.. wait… they were!

Well it’s not like they weren’t warned about a border down the Irish Sea…. Oh.. wait… they were! "

Just the once was it ?

Or rather a few times ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We wanted all this shit remember rather than push back on federalism while a member. Farage could have done more to change the EU rather than just taking the money and saying we need to leave. No plan just bigoted rhetoric. I dont think its Ireland doing the checks in NI its the eu if it was lord frost would be talking to them instead and it would be sorted as Ireland wants it sorted too they have the most to lose if they go to WTO rules."

What exactly does Ireland lose out on exactly ?

» Add a new message to this topic