FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Government Corruption

Government Corruption

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irldn OP   Couple  over a year ago

Brighton

Gonna start listing things I come across about this shower. This today (not my words but sums up my sentiments)...

Just when you think you've seen it all. 'Boris Johnson is to strip the Electoral Commission of the power to prosecute law-breaking'. Government claims it...'wastes public money'

So they can break the law with no accountability whatsoever or have I misunderstood this.

People believe there were controls on a govts behaviour .. that there was a law that restricted totalitarianism, checks & balances on the use of public finances etc but that came from a sense of restraint in previous govts. This lot have no restraint!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Gonna start listing things I come across about this shower. This today (not my words but sums up my sentiments)...

Just when you think you've seen it all. 'Boris Johnson is to strip the Electoral Commission of the power to prosecute law-breaking'. Government claims it...'wastes public money'

So they can break the law with no accountability whatsoever or have I misunderstood this.

People believe there were controls on a govts behaviour .. that there was a law that restricted totalitarianism, checks & balances on the use of public finances etc but that came from a sense of restraint in previous govts. This lot have no restraint!"

Unfortunately you will get the usuals suspects coming on here defending this,

Brighton

And this...

Dido Harding has just applied to be the next CEO of NHSEngland

Dido Harding whose husband John Penrose MP is a member of the 1828 group who called for NHS to be scrapped in favour of private medical insurance.

The very same John Penrose MP who is the Prime Minister's Anti-Corruption Champion.

Yes they will be out in force aaying

But all politicians are the same

Or some similar bullsh*t !

"Yes they will be out in force aaying

Or some similar bullsh*t !"

Lack of proper opposition, apparently

Lack of proper opposition, apparently "

Comrade Corbyn no doubt will be raised at some point

Comrade Corbyn no doubt will be raised at some point "

The EU?

Covid?

The EU?

Covid?

"

NHS

Miners ?

The EU?

Covid?

NHS

Miners ?"

Footballers taking the knee

Enid Blyton ‘banned’

The EU?

Covid?

NHS

Miners ?

Footballers taking the knee

Enid Blyton ‘banned’

"

Bloody Wokes

Martin Luther King

William Wallace

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Or some similar bullsh*t !"

Have a look at that shit that gove got pulled up for

It barely.made any of the papers

By *ilkysmooth123Man  over a year ago

nr sedbergh

I see you guys are all wanking together again

Have a look at that shit that gove got pulled up for

It barely.made any of the papers"

Yup Gove the little Fug Smucker !

liverpool

"I see you guys are all wanking together again "

And people complain about the level of political analysis on here

I am looking forward to the inevitable mental gymnastics of certain Tory defenders...

Said Cummings as he watched yet another

Tory Cabinet Meeting .

Place your bets.

Will we see deflection? Whataboutism? Is it somehow all the fault of Labour?

Or perhaps we will learn there's really nothing wrong with Johnson stripping the electoral commission of the power to prosecute law breaking. And maybe it's a complete coincidence that this is happening after the commission probed Johnson's flat refurb.

liverpool

"Place your bets.

Will we see deflection? Whataboutism? Is it somehow all the fault of Labour?

Or perhaps we will learn there's really nothing wrong with Johnson stripping the electoral commission of the power to prosecute law breaking. And maybe it's a complete coincidence that this is happening after the commission probed Johnson's flat refurb."

Or just ignore it completely and start threads about the dastardly eu wanting to honour a deal we agreed to.

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 19/06/21 08:29:16]

Brighton

Reposting as contains banned word...

Not my words again but...

“[Crime and policing minister] kit malthouse is telling untruths to the public.

This government cannot help itself.

The collapse in [sexual attacks] prosecutions is a direct result of this government’s refusal to fund criminal justice.”

By *inlingerie1Woman  over a year ago

N.Yorkshire

"Reposting as contains banned word...

Not my words again but...

“[Crime and policing minister] kit malthouse is telling untruths to the public.

This government cannot help itself.

The collapse in [sexual attacks] prosecutions is a direct result of this government’s refusal to fund criminal justice.”"

The CPS has been making questionable decisions for so long, its not even worth reporting many crimes.

By *inlingerie1Woman  over a year ago

N.Yorkshire

"And this...

Dido Harding has just applied to be the next CEO of NHSEngland

Dido Harding whose husband John Penrose MP is a member of the 1828 group who called for NHS to be scrapped in favour of private medical insurance.

The very same John Penrose MP who is the Prime Minister's Anti-Corruption Champion."

Not surprised. I have many similar experiences when I worked in public procurement. Good practice projects always undermined by a MP/senior staff meeting... all the evidence/work stalled then never materialising into a strategy going forward. Long wins don't sell elections. Priority suddenly redirected at something else. The political machine rolls on.

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"Gonna start listing things I come across about this shower. This today (not my words but sums up my sentiments)...

People believe there were controls on a govts behaviour .. that there was a law that restricted totalitarianism, checks & balances on the use of public finances etc but that came from a sense of restraint in previous govts. This lot have no restraint!"

Conservatives are corrupt , Labour are corrupt, they all are. There isn't a slither of daylight between our traitor elites and throw on tip of that all big tech and company's like cola, amazon , the BBC and all the rest

The sooner people realise this the better

For some strange reason people think Labour will "sort" their problems... they won't as they are as filthy as Boris and his elk.

liverpool

People believe there were controls on a govts behaviour .. that there was a law that restricted totalitarianism, checks & balances on the use of public finances etc but that came from a sense of restraint in previous govts. This lot have no restraint!

Conservatives are corrupt , Labour are corrupt, they all are. There isn't a slither of daylight between our traitor elites and throw on tip of that all big tech and company's like cola, amazon , the BBC and all the rest

For some strange reason people think Labour will "sort" their problems... they won't as they are as filthy as Boris and his elk. "

No they aren't.

Brighton

Another...

“Property tycoon John Bloor (Bloor Homes) gave £150,000 to the Conservatives, 48 hours after the government approved a housing scheme by his firm, it has emerged.”

For some strange reason people think Labour will "sort" their problems... they won't as they are as filthy as Boris and his elk.

No they aren't. "

Not even Close to being the same .

Brighton

For some strange reason people think Labour will "sort" their problems... they won't as they are as filthy as Boris and his elk. "

Simply not true!

Of course in history there have been corrupt politicians in all parties but this current lot of opportunistic thieving murderous corrupt morally bankrupt pseudo Conservatives have taken it to such an absurd level it almost feels like bad fiction!

[Removed by poster at 19/06/21 14:05:11]

"Another...

“Property tycoon John Bloor (Bloor Homes) gave £150,000 to the Conservatives, 48 hours after the government approved a housing scheme by his firm, it has emerged.”"

Horrible bunch of people !!!

Great thread

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Another...

“Property tycoon John Bloor (Bloor Homes) gave £150,000 to the Conservatives, 48 hours after the government approved a housing scheme by his firm, it has emerged.”"

The go ahead was given by the planning inspectorate, their role is to settle appeals by anyone who has a planning application refused, either side can appeal to the high court if they believe plsnning law has not been followed, in this case the government merely rubber stamped it, bit of a bummer when you get fact checked and you're wrong isn't it.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

so the government over-ruled a local authority by approving/rubber stamping a property development application after it was initially rejected and the developer paid the tory party £150 grand 2 days later. the facts show contrary to the fab far-righty cartels narrative that the bung amounts to more tory party corruption.

liverpool

Was this like that jenrick one?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Another...

“Property tycoon John Bloor (Bloor Homes) gave £150,000 to the Conservatives, 48 hours after the government approved a housing scheme by his firm, it has emerged.”

The go ahead was given by the planning inspectorate, their role is to settle appeals by anyone who has a planning application refused, either side can appeal to the high court if they believe plsnning law has not been followed, in this case the government merely rubber stamped it, bit of a bummer when you get fact checked and you're wrong isn't it."

Thats exactly what happened. And no, Robert Jenrick wasn't involved.

bournemouth

"so the government over-ruled a local authority by approving/rubber stamping a property development application after it was initially rejected and the developer paid the tory party £150 grand 2 days later. the facts show contrary to the fab far-righty cartels narrative that the bung amounts to more tory party corruption. "

Perhaps if you understood the planning system it might help.

If a local authority refuse an application then the applicant can appeal to the planning inspectorate to overturn that decision, the inspectors are often ex planning officers or solicitors who have been involved in planning law. The appeal process revolves around two main things, does the application meet national planning policies, secondly did the council judge the application against the right policies and give equal weight to both sides of the argument, thirdly did the council prejudice its decision during the process, the inspector then decides, it at this stage has absolutely nothing to do with the government, they arent involved, if either side disagrees with the inspectors decision then either side can appeal to the high court but only on a point of law and how the inspector made their decision, again the government is not involved, the only time it gets involved is on major things like hs2 or very large projects where the inspector decides any decision is of national importance. A small build such as this isnt. The government can call in any application if they wish, they didnt here.

If you look up any application decision made by a planning inspector they are very detailed and carefully worded to avoid legal challenge

Robert Jenrick's department were responsible for over-ruling ledbury council's decision to deny planning consent, for which the tory party received £150,000 from the property developer concerned ... and somehow robert jenrick wasn't involved? erm!

the conservative and unionist party ... the best politicians money can buy

Grantham

"Robert Jenrick's department were responsible for over-ruling ledbury council's decision to deny planning consent, for which the tory party received £150,000 from the property developer concerned ... and somehow robert jenrick wasn't involved? erm!"

The decision was taken by Housing Minister, Robert Crick.

Sorry the facts don't fit your narrative!

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

Several years ago, in a former life I took a job working for a sports National Governing Body as a National coach. Zero hours basis & very limited work hours.

On applying for the job I had to make clear I understood the 'Nolan Principles' and how they might apply to the role.

https://www.good-governance.org.uk/publications/insights/the-nolan-principles

"Introduced in 1995 by the UK government, Committee on Standards in Public Life, these important values are enshrined in codes of conduct across the public sector, from schools and government departments to hospitals"

The principles:

Selflessness: Holders of public office should act solely in terms of the public interest.

Integrity: Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence them in their work. They should not act or take decisions in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family, or their friends. They must declare and resolve any interests and relationships.

Objectivity: Holders of public office must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias.

Accountability: Holders of public office are accountable to the public for their decisions and actions and must submit themselves to the scrutiny necessary to ensure this.

Openness: Holders of public office should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner. Information should not be withheld from the public unless there are clear and lawful reasons for so doing.

Honesty: Holders of public office should be truthful.

Leadership: Holders of public office should exhibit these principles in their own behaviour. They should actively promote and robustly support the principles and be willing to challenge poor behaviour wherever it occurs.

Hands up those who think Boris has been on that course....?

Ah well, the Tories will still win the next election.

bournemouth

"Robert Jenrick's department were responsible for over-ruling ledbury council's decision to deny planning consent, for which the tory party received £150,000 from the property developer concerned ... and somehow robert jenrick wasn't involved? erm!"

The planning inspectorate made the decision not the government. Completely separate

Brighton

"Robert Jenrick's department were responsible for over-ruling ledbury council's decision to deny planning consent, for which the tory party received £150,000 from the property developer concerned ... and somehow robert jenrick wasn't involved? erm!

The planning inspectorate made the decision not the government. Completely separate "

I can tell you now with 100% certainty that Minister’s offices interfere with departmental and local decisions all the time!

Nobody in their right mind would accept that the £150k donation 2 days later was purely coincidence!

By *ilkysmooth123Man  over a year ago

nr sedbergh

"I see you guys are all wanking together again

Tory Cabinet Meeting ."

Another one of your fantasy stories? Its the way you tell em!!

"I see you guys are all wanking together again

Tory Cabinet Meeting .

Another one of your fantasy stories? Its the way you tell em!! "

Well you were the one complaining about

being in the wanking group !

Jealousy gets you nowhere , so run along

back to whatever fantasy youve got in your own head

"Robert Jenrick's department were responsible for over-ruling ledbury council's decision to deny planning consent, for which the tory party received £150,000 from the property developer concerned ... and somehow robert jenrick wasn't involved? erm!

The planning inspectorate made the decision not the government. Completely separate

I can tell you now with 100% certainty that Minister’s offices interfere with departmental and local decisions all the time!

Nobody in their right mind would accept that the £150k donation 2 days later was purely coincidence! "

Absolutely .

Like the other bloke dropping a £500k bonus to the

Story party & getting his little favour returned.

Brighton

Not my words but once again sums up the sentiment...

“Millions for substandard PPE I can get from a mate”

“Here’s a big pile of cash”

“£37bn on track and trace we’re going to run on excel”

“Take my money”

“Big yacht”

“Here’s 200 million pounds”

“Educate our kids”

“I can’t just say yes to everyone who comes knocking”

"Not my words but once again sums up the sentiment...

“Millions for substandard PPE I can get from a mate”

“Here’s a big pile of cash”

“£37bn on track and trace we’re going to run on excel”

“Take my money”

“Big yacht”

“Here’s 200 million pounds”

“Educate our kids”

“I can’t just say yes to everyone who comes knocking”"

Post of the Day .

Brighton

Bercow: "Today’s Conservative party is “reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic”.

liverpool

"Bercow: "Today’s Conservative party is “reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic”."

Sometimes?

"Bercow: "Today’s Conservative party is “reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic”.

Sometimes?"

I thi k they are trying to say that

xenephobia is a Tory Trait .

I might be mistaken though .

By *eekendsCouple  over a year ago

Darlington

all the papers and the bbc are very tory biased they make up stories continually to support this most corrupt govt, as they are run by a small coven and are not genuine press, which would be screaming from the rooftops about how ministers can even be found guilty in court of lawbreaking and still remain in power,

Lat week was a typical news story the G7 is on and lots of corruption and stories about useless ministers and covid crimes and the BBC show on the ten oclock news a two minute clip of DORIS stripping off on a beach and swimming in the sea and the his princess running down the sand to greet him and walking off hand in hand, it would make anyone who has lost someone to covid sick to the teeth

Labour will always be the party that

receives biased News coverage .

The Story Party are allowed to run

Rough shod in this country

Brighton

"Labour will always be the party that

Rough shod in this country "

More astounding is that more people cannot see that bias (or at least cannot admit to themselves).

The people who do most well out of the Tory party are the extremely wealthy.

The media is owned or controlled by the extremely wealthy.

Hmmm not rocket science is it!

liverpool

"all the papers and the bbc are very tory biased they make up stories continually to support this most corrupt govt, as they are run by a small coven and are not genuine press, which would be screaming from the rooftops about how ministers can even be found guilty in court of lawbreaking and still remain in power,

Lat week was a typical news story the G7 is on and lots of corruption and stories about useless ministers and covid crimes and the BBC show on the ten oclock news a two minute clip of DORIS stripping off on a beach and swimming in the sea and the his princess running down the sand to greet him and walking off hand in hand, it would make anyone who has lost someone to covid sick to the teeth"

When the anti semtism story broke ,there was literally weeks of headlines and it's still referenced today.

When the Islamaphobia report was released it received a fee passing headlines and in the BBC was behind a story about some royal sprog being given a name.

Thats the difference.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

More astounding is that more people cannot see that bias (or at least cannot admit to themselves).

Hmmm not rocket science is it! "

Of course people can see the bias.there is a reason the torys have held power much more than the labour party has and thats because the u.k is mainly a conservitive country.last time labour were in charge is because they went soft tory and they may win again if the y go towards the right again,if not then the lib dems have more chance than labour,and before i get accused of being a tory like usually happens i support none of them i just giving an opinion of someone who aint a cheer leader for any of them

Of course people can see the bias.there is a reason the torys have held power much more than the labour party has and thats because the u.k is mainly a conservitive country.last time labour were in charge is because they went soft tory and they may win again if the y go towards the right again,if not then the lib dems have more chance than labour,and before i get accused of being a tory like usually happens i support none of them i just giving an opinion of someone who aint a cheer leader for any of them"

It's the standard line round here. If you don't absolutely froth at the mouth at the thought of anything Tory then you must be a Tory

It's all good though because I live in a Tory constituency which make me a 'wealthy, entitled wanker' so I can live happily in the knowledge that I can have a wank with 50 notes wrapped round my cock

By *andm300Man  over a year ago

guildford

This thread is not helping with my authority issues ???????

Brighton

Of course people can see the bias.there is a reason the torys have held power much more than the labour party has and thats because the u.k is mainly a conservitive country.last time labour were in charge is because they went soft tory and they may win again if the y go towards the right again,if not then the lib dems have more chance than labour,and before i get accused of being a tory like usually happens i support none of them i just giving an opinion of someone who aint a cheer leader for any of them"

On paper I am a Tory voter due to my income bracket etc. However, personally I believe in a fairer more equitable society (not Labour and Corbyn/momentum were a disaster as I would also be scathing of full on socialism).

I do not consider this current govt to be Conservatives. Thatcher would be turning in her grave. This lot are a bunch of opportunistic morally bankrupt thieves who are being driven by the ERG.

Yes England (more so than UK) tends to be conservative (note small “c”) but a lot of that is driven by this belief that they can lift themselves up a touch by getting the scraps from the ultra wealthy’s table.

liverpool

Of course people can see the bias.there is a reason the torys have held power much more than the labour party has and thats because the u.k is mainly a conservitive country.last time labour were in charge is because they went soft tory and they may win again if the y go towards the right again,if not then the lib dems have more chance than labour,and before i get accused of being a tory like usually happens i support none of them i just giving an opinion of someone who aint a cheer leader for any of them

On paper I am a Tory voter due to my income bracket etc. However, personally I believe in a fairer more equitable society (not Labour and Corbyn/momentum were a disaster as I would also be scathing of full on socialism).

I do not consider this current govt to be Conservatives. Thatcher would be turning in her grave. This lot are a bunch of opportunistic morally bankrupt thieves who are being driven by the ERG.

Yes England (more so than UK) tends to be conservative (note small “c”) but a lot of that is driven by this belief that they can lift themselves up a touch by getting the scraps from the ultra wealthy’s table."

I'd argue labour policies under corbyn were slightly left of centre.

Certainly nothing radical and lots of them, made perfect sense.

Free broadband, increased nationalisation,those at the top paying a little more tax etc.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

No they aren't. "

Yep they are… as long as Labour have criminals like Ian Lavery in senior positions the parties are identically corrupt.

liverpool

No they aren't.

Yep they are… as long as Labour have criminals like Ian Lavery in senior positions the parties are identically corrupt."

Picking out 1 person doesnt make the whole party corrupt.

westerham

No they aren't.

Yep they are… as long as Labour have criminals like Ian Lavery in senior positions the parties are identically corrupt.

Picking out 1 person doesnt make the whole party corrupt."

Peter Hain, Fiona Onasaya, Eric Joyce, Chippy Tits Joe, Too many Union expenses scandals to list, etc etc etc

Brighton

No they aren't.

Yep they are… as long as Labour have criminals like Ian Lavery in senior positions the parties are identically corrupt."

Hey feel free to start a thread focused on Labour corruption. We can keep a tally on the number of items/issues that are current

liverpool

No they aren't.

Picking out 1 person doesnt make the whole party corrupt.

Peter Hain, Fiona Onasaya, Eric Joyce, Chippy Tits Joe, Too many Union expenses scandals to list, etc etc etc "

And what's happened to those people?

liverpool

What did Peter hain do?

Brighton

Yes England (more so than UK) tends to be conservative (note small “c”) but a lot of that is driven by this belief that they can lift themselves up a touch by getting the scraps from the ultra wealthy’s table.

Free broadband, increased nationalisation,those at the top paying a little more tax etc."

The ridiculed free broadband does now seem rather prescient!

Sure a lot of those policies were centre left rather than far left. However, just as the ERG have hijacked the Conservatives pushing them towards more extremism, I believe Momentum would have exerted pressure to swing further left once in power.

liverpool

Free broadband, increased nationalisation,those at the top paying a little more tax etc.

The ridiculed free broadband does now seem rather prescient!

Sure a lot of those policies were centre left rather than far left. However, just as the ERG have hijacked the Conservatives pushing them towards more extremism, I believe Momentum would have exerted pressure to swing further left once in power."

I dont know..the last time we had a left wing gmnt in this country the welfare state was built.

bournemouth

Make your mind up guys, some are claiming boris is using labour policies of spend spend spend and others saying the erg are driving it to the hard right.

Brighton

"Make your mind up guys, some are claiming boris is using labour policies of spend spend spend and others saying the erg are driving it to the hard right."

I don’t have to make up my mind. I am clear that this current executive is corrupt. The evidence is mounting daily. Personally I couldn’t care if they were right, left, up or down. - they are a bunch of morally bankrupt opportunists that are enriching themselves and their cronies at our expense. They have proven to be completely inept at anything that does not present them with an opportunity to monetise and create profits for themselves and their cronies. And it is us, you and I, who are bankrolling it. Disgusting!

Lol

Well said

Need to get a life outside the realms of fantasy

liverpool

Irony really is a foreign concept in here

westerham

"What did Peter hain do?"

Cash for honours and arranged an honour someone not to stand in an election.

Power corrupts, and in the few places where labour has power, they are corrupt - Croydon council bankruptcy and the enormous payoffs for failure.

Union scandals are ongoing, Unite fighting ageism case about who is allowed to stand for election.

Unite also facing legal challenges after more than half of female staff have reported bullying and harassment.

liverpool

"What did Peter hain do?

Cash for honours and arranged an honour someone not to stand in an election.

Power corrupts, and in the few places where labour has power, they are corrupt - Croydon council bankruptcy and the enormous payoffs for failure.

Union scandals are ongoing, Unite fighting ageism case about who is allowed to stand for election.

Unite also facing legal challenges after more than half of female staff have reported bullying and harassment.

"

So cash for honours,the same as with Alex and his crew are doing on a daily basis.

Chippy tips is currently facing legal action

The labour mp you mentioned got banged up.

How many Tories have faced similar consequences?

liverpool

And do you have a link for these 50% of sexual harassment claims?

westerham

"And do you have a link for these 50% of sexual harassment claims?"

From the Guardian:

“More than half the female officers in Britain’s biggest union claim to have been bullied or sexually harassed by fellow officials or members in their workplaces, a leaked internal study has found.

The report about the treatment and working conditions of female representatives at Unite also concluded that a quarter of employed officers believe allegations of bullying were not handled well by the union when they were reported.

Titled Women Officers in Unite, the report cited an official who said she felt increasingly isolated at work because of male officials talking among themselves. “I have to sit among colleagues who refer to our secretaries as the girls … [They] think it is correct to refer to black people as coloured, talk about chairmen, refer to women as a piece of skirt,” one female officer said“

liverpool

"And do you have a link for these 50% of sexual harassment claims?

From the Guardian:

“More than half the female officers in Britain’s biggest union claim to have been bullied or sexually harassed by fellow officials or members in their workplaces, a leaked internal study has found.

The report about the treatment and working conditions of female representatives at Unite also concluded that a quarter of employed officers believe allegations of bullying were not handled well by the union when they were reported.

Titled Women Officers in Unite, the report cited an official who said she felt increasingly isolated at work because of male officials talking among themselves. “I have to sit among colleagues who refer to our secretaries as the girls … [They] think it is correct to refer to black people as coloured, talk about chairmen, refer to women as a piece of skirt,” one female officer said“"

I'm confused

Brighton

Folks FEEL FREE TO START YOUR OWN “Labour corruption” thread. Purpose of THIS thread is to list out the corruption at play in our current Government.

WHATABOUTISM IS NOT AN EXCUSE OR JUSTIFICATION FOR THEIR ACTIONS.

Thanks!

westerham

"Folks FEEL FREE TO START YOUR OWN “Labour corruption” thread. Purpose of THIS thread is to list out the corruption at play in our current Government.

Thanks! "

Its a reply to your OP:

“ but that came from a sense of restraint in previous govts. This lot have no restraint!”

And there wasn’t any restraint in previous governments as I have brilliantly demonstrated.

And surely you don’t want to be responsible for a weak thread that’s just an echo chamber…..

Brighton

"Folks FEEL FREE TO START YOUR OWN “Labour corruption” thread. Purpose of THIS thread is to list out the corruption at play in our current Government.

Thanks!

Its a reply to your OP:

“ but that came from a sense of restraint in previous govts. This lot have no restraint!”

And there wasn’t any restraint in previous governments as I have brilliantly demonstrated.

And surely you don’t want to be responsible for a weak thread that’s just an echo chamber….."

Echo chamber no. Discussion about the corruption of our current Govt yes. Whataboutism by way of justification of the actions of our current govt no. There are NO EXCUSES FOR CORRUPTION REGARDLESS OF COLOUR OF YOUR FLAG.

Brighton

The Conservatives want to gag residents from objecting to oversized developments in their own street so they can reward developers for a massive increase in donations to their party #Ridge @SkyNews

Brighton

Bercow: "Johnson has only a nodding acquaintance with the truth in a leap year."

owing to fab rules with links, here are some of the appeal result document cut and pasted as regards the secretary of state for housing communities and local government robert jenrick...

Dear SirTOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990 – SECTION 78APPEAL MADE BY BLOOR HOMES WESTERNLAND NORTH OF VIADUCT, ADJACENT TO ORCHARD BUSINESS PARK, LEDBURY APPLICATION REF: 1715321. I am directed by the Secretary of State to say that consideration has been given to the report of Lesley Coffey BA Hons BTP MRTPI, who held a public local inquiry starting on 13 July 2020 into your client’s appeal against the decision of Herefordshire Council to refuse your client’s application for outline planning permission for a mixed use development including the erection of up to 625 new homes (including affordable housing), up to 2.9 hectares of B1 employment land, a canal corridor, public open space (including a linear park), access, drainage and ground modelling works and other associated works, in accordance with LPA reference 171532, dated 22 June 2018. The proposal is for outline planning permission with all matters reserved for future consideration with the exception of access. Only the means of access into the site is sought as part of this outline application, not the internal site access arrangements (i.e. they do not formally form part of the application). Vehicular access is proposed off the Bromyard Road.2. On 26 March 2020, this appeal was recovered for the Secretary of State's determination, in pursuance of section 79 of, and paragraph 3 of Schedule 6 to, the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.Inspector’s recommendation and summary of the decision3. The Inspector recommended that the appeal be allowed, and planning permission granted subject to conditions. 4. For the reasons given below, the Secretary of State agrees with the Inspector’sconclusions and agrees with her recommendation. He has decided to allow the appeal and grant planning permission. A copy of the Inspector’s report (IR) is enclosed. All references to paragraph numbers, unless otherwise stated, are to that report.....

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

This decision was made by the Secretary of State and signed on his behalf

so in conclusion, the fab far-righty cartel's continuous attempts to bend facts to suit their narrative is yet again exposed as lies.

bournemouth

"owing to fab rules with links, here are some of the appeal result document cut and pasted as regards the secretary of state for housing communities and local government robert jenrick...

Dear SirTOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990 – SECTION 78APPEAL MADE BY BLOOR HOMES WESTERNLAND NORTH OF VIADUCT, ADJACENT TO ORCHARD BUSINESS PARK, LEDBURY APPLICATION REF: 1715321. I am directed by the Secretary of State to say that consideration has been given to the report of Lesley Coffey BA Hons BTP MRTPI, who held a public local inquiry starting on 13 July 2020 into your client’s appeal against the decision of Herefordshire Council to refuse your client’s application for outline planning permission for a mixed use development including the erection of up to 625 new homes (including affordable housing), up to 2.9 hectares of B1 employment land, a canal corridor, public open space (including a linear park), access, drainage and ground modelling works and other associated works, in accordance with LPA reference 171532, dated 22 June 2018. The proposal is for outline planning permission with all matters reserved for future consideration with the exception of access. Only the means of access into the site is sought as part of this outline application, not the internal site access arrangements (i.e. they do not formally form part of the application). Vehicular access is proposed off the Bromyard Road.2. On 26 March 2020, this appeal was recovered for the Secretary of State's determination, in pursuance of section 79 of, and paragraph 3 of Schedule 6 to, the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.Inspector’s recommendation and summary of the decision3. The Inspector recommended that the appeal be allowed, and planning permission granted subject to conditions. 4. For the reasons given below, the Secretary of State agrees with the Inspector’sconclusions and agrees with her recommendation. He has decided to allow the appeal and grant planning permission. A copy of the Inspector’s report (IR) is enclosed. All references to paragraph numbers, unless otherwise stated, are to that report.....

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

so in conclusion, the fab far-righty cartel's continuous attempts to bend facts to suit their narrative is yet again exposed as lies.

"

Oh dear did you miss the bit about the inspector making the decision and the sec of state agreeing. It's the legal way it's done, how many planning appeals have you been involved in ? Obviously none or you would know its the inspectors decisions .time to stopdigging

Brighton

Will say again...

Nobody in their right mind would accept that the £150k donation 2 days later was purely coincidence!

liverpool

"Bercow: "Johnson has only a nodding acquaintance with the truth in a leap year.""

"owing to fab rules with links, here are some of the appeal result document cut and pasted as regards the secretary of state for housing communities and local government robert jenrick...

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

Oh dear did you miss the bit about the inspector making the decision and the sec of state agreeing. It's the legal way it's done, how many planning appeals have you been involved in ? Obviously none or you would know its the inspectors decisions .time to stopdigging "

"This decision was made by the Secretary of State and signed on his behalf"

quite simply in black and white ... you should stop now and go read the document in it's entirety as i have done before you quite simply embarrass yourself and your far-righty cartel any further.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Quite right this is bad indeed. Corruption is corruption regardless of who is doing it and we need safeguards increased not slashed. Hopefully this will be reversed in the future

westerham

Thanks!

Its a reply to your OP:

And surely you don’t want to be responsible for a weak thread that’s just an echo chamber…..

Echo chamber no. Discussion about the corruption of our current Govt yes. Whataboutism by way of justification of the actions of our current govt no. There are NO EXCUSES FOR CORRUPTION REGARDLESS OF COLOUR OF YOUR FLAG. "

Be honest you don’t really want a “discussion” do you.

A more interesting direction for the thread to take would be removing party discussion entirely and considering why power often corrupts, giving examples where power doesn’t corrupt, and conclude how to achieve universal untouchable officialdom.

Brighton

Thanks!

Its a reply to your OP:

Echo chamber no. Discussion about the corruption of our current Govt yes. Whataboutism by way of justification of the actions of our current govt no. There are NO EXCUSES FOR CORRUPTION REGARDLESS OF COLOUR OF YOUR FLAG.

A more interesting direction for the thread to take would be removing party discussion entirely and considering why power often corrupts, giving examples where power doesn’t corrupt, and conclude how to achieve universal untouchable officialdom. "

On the contrary a “discussion” is good but justification via whataboutism isn’t good.

You’ll note I have not once defended any Labour (or other) person. My focus is squarely on our current Govt. That is because they, not the opposition, are in a position to determine policy and legislation and steal from your and my pocket.

Can guarantee you if Labour (or whoever) were in power and doing what is happening now, I would be calling them out too!

liverpool

Thanks!

Its a reply to your OP:

A more interesting direction for the thread to take would be removing party discussion entirely and considering why power often corrupts, giving examples where power doesn’t corrupt, and conclude how to achieve universal untouchable officialdom.

On the contrary a “discussion” is good but justification via whataboutism isn’t good.

You’ll note I have not once defended any Labour (or other) person. My focus is squarely on our current Govt. That is because they, not the opposition, are in a position to determine policy and legislation and steal from your and my pocket.

Can guarantee you if Labour (or whoever) were in power and doing what is happening now, I would be calling them out too!"

Its their usual deflection technique.

Look at the amersham thread..half the responses were about labour.

The..there are all at it..is another example.

The fact is millions of people are quite happy for Tories to literally steal money if them and give it to their mates.

now Ayman Asfari, one of the tory partys main cash donors, is accused of huge and continuous corruption and payoffs stretching back over decades. moralists would question why the tory party continue to take 'dirty' and 'laundered' cash bungs from these criminals, especially so since tory corruption has been headline news for so long now. extremists will no doubt continue defend the indefensible.

westerham

Thanks!

Its a reply to your OP:

Can guarantee you if Labour (or whoever) were in power and doing what is happening now, I would be calling them out too!"

It’s not a discussion, it’s just pissing and moaning and it’s… boring.

How many names has Grant Schapps got & why ?

Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath Sebastian Fox

Who lied to the Queen ?

Bodge or Weasel Fogg ?

Hancocks sister made how much money from the pandemic ?

Just to bring tory sleaze back to the fore

Brighton

Thanks!

Its a reply to your OP:

Can guarantee you if Labour (or whoever) were in power and doing what is happening now, I would be calling them out too!

It’s not a discussion, it’s just pissing and moaning and it’s… boring. "

Feel free to ignore but please can you private message me your bank account details and credit card details. You clearly do not mind being stolen from (that is a joke BTW)

bournemouth

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

Oh dear did you miss the bit about the inspector making the decision and the sec of state agreeing. It's the legal way it's done, how many planning appeals have you been involved in ? Obviously none or you would know its the inspectors decisions .time to stopdigging

quite simply in black and white ... you should stop now and go read the document in it's entirety as i have done before you quite simply embarrass yourself and your far-righty cartel any further.

"

The only person embarrassing themselves is you, inspectors are employed by the planning inspectorate to act on behalf of the minister and hmg, they act in his name. Once again how many planning appeals have you been involved in ? We were involved in a three day public inquiry and we kicked the local councils arse, time for you to stop digging

Thanks!

Its a reply to your OP:

It’s not a discussion, it’s just pissing and moaning and it’s… boring.

Feel free to ignore but please can you private message me your bank account details and credit card details. You clearly do not mind being stolen from (that is a joke BTW)"

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

The only person embarrassing themselves is you, inspectors are employed by the planning inspectorate to act on behalf of the minister and hmg, they act in his name. Once again how many planning appeals have you been involved in ? We were involved in a three day public inquiry and we kicked the local councils arse, time for you to stop digging "

your bending of truth to fit your narrative is utterly sickening to those of us with morals.

bournemouth

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

The only person embarrassing themselves is you, inspectors are employed by the planning inspectorate to act on behalf of the minister and hmg, they act in his name. Once again how many planning appeals have you been involved in ? We were involved in a three day public inquiry and we kicked the local councils arse, time for you to stop digging

your bending of truth to fit your narrative is utterly sickening to those of us with morals."

What bending of the truth ? You plainly doubt understand the planning appeal process.

Brighton

Dido Harding: “End the NHS reliance on foreigners”

The NHS has had a multicultural workforce since its inception without which it wouldn't exist today. Nearly 87k Drs in the NHS are from overseas. The cost of replacing them with UK-trained Drs will cost ~£42bn regardless of fact that NHS is so enriched by diversity

liverpool

"Dido Harding: “End the NHS reliance on foreigners”

The NHS has had a multicultural workforce since its inception without which it wouldn't exist today. Nearly 87k Drs in the NHS are from overseas. The cost of replacing them with UK-trained Drs will cost ~£42bn regardless of fact that NHS is so enriched by diversity"

Jesus christ

I bet those drs and nurses who have worked here all their lives feel valued

They are truly despicable.

bournemouth

The NHS has had a multicultural workforce since its inception without which it wouldn't exist today. Nearly 87k Drs in the NHS are from overseas. The cost of replacing them with UK-trained Drs will cost ~£42bn regardless of fact that NHS is so enriched by diversity

Jesus christ

I bet those drs and nurses who have worked here all their lives feel valued

They are truly despicable."

Did she say that we would be sending a single doctor or nurse home, or did she say we should recruit and train more uk doctors, nurses and other medical staff ?

westerham

The NHS has had a multicultural workforce since its inception without which it wouldn't exist today. Nearly 87k Drs in the NHS are from overseas. The cost of replacing them with UK-trained Drs will cost ~£42bn regardless of fact that NHS is so enriched by diversity"

Not according to fullfact:

“In March 2019, 28% of doctors in English hospital and community health services were foreign nationals. 119,000 doctors work in the NHS, so 33,000, not 87,000.

Ridiculous claims damage credibility.

liverpool

“In March 2019, 28% of doctors in English hospital and community health services were foreign nationals. 119,000 doctors work in the NHS, so 33,000, not 87,000.

Ridiculous claims damage credibility."

Your point being?

Your point being?"

The point being that the poster vastly inflated the figures to make it more appealing.

Just use the correct information and the point being made will be so much more credible.

Do you really not understand that?

liverpool

Your point being?

The point being that the poster vastly inflated the figures to make it more appealing.

Just use the correct information and the point being made will be so much more credible.

Do you really not understand that?"

And that makes that horrendous statement ok does it?

liverpool

The full fact I read.said that drs are not technically employed by the nhs

westerham

Your point being?

And that makes that horrendous statement ok does it?"

Exaggerating by a factor of three changes the argument yes.

And calls into doubt other claims that posters who are economical with the actualite make

liverpool

Your point being?

And calls into doubt other claims that posters who are economical with the actualite make "

Changes the argument in.what way?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

Oh dear did you miss the bit about the inspector making the decision and the sec of state agreeing. It's the legal way it's done, how many planning appeals have you been involved in ? Obviously none or you would know its the inspectors decisions .time to stopdigging "

Extract from the parliamentary library below on procedure. Published in 2019.

The Secretary of State has powers in England to "call-in" a planning application and "recover" a planning appeal, to determine it himself. This briefing examines those powers.

“The Secretary of State has the power to take the decision-making power on a planning application out of the hands of the local planning authority (LPA) by calling it in for his own determination. This can be done at any time during the planning application process, up to the point at which the LPA makes the decision.

The power to call-in planning applications is very general and the Secretary of State can call-in an application for any reason. In practice, very few applications are called-in every year. They normally relate to planning applications raising issues of national significance.

If a planning application is called-in, there will be a public inquiry chaired by a planning inspector, or lawyer, who will make a recommendation to the Secretary of State”. THIS BIT NEXT -“The Secretary of State can reject these recommendations if he wishes and will genuinely take the final decision.”

liverpool

#teamjackal

Brighton

Your point being?

And calls into doubt other claims that posters who are economical with the actualite make "

Nah I’m just quoting other people. If that number is wrong then the person I quoted was wrong. I didn’t bother checking as they are normally reliable. A doctor in the NHS BTW.

Brighton

P.S. can you fact check against UK not England as not a like-for-like comparison. Thanks

westerham

"P.S. can you fact check against UK not England as not a like-for-like comparison. Thanks"

I’m not doing fact checking for you, no.

As an acknowledged intellectual, I read forum opinions and quotes, and ask myself, does that sound credible.

Does it sound reasonable, and if it seems fishy I will often check. And I’m usually correct.

Very true, they're all as corrupt as each other.

bournemouth

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

The Secretary of State has powers in England to "call-in" a planning application and "recover" a planning appeal, to determine it himself. This briefing examines those powers.

“The Secretary of State has the power to take the decision-making power on a planning application out of the hands of the local planning authority (LPA) by calling it in for his own determination. This can be done at any time during the planning application process, up to the point at which the LPA makes the decision.

The power to call-in planning applications is very general and the Secretary of State can call-in an application for any reason. In practice, very few applications are called-in every year. They normally relate to planning applications raising issues of national significance.

If a planning application is called-in, there will be a public inquiry chaired by a planning inspector, or lawyer, who will make a recommendation to the Secretary of State”. THIS BIT NEXT -“The Secretary of State can reject these recommendations if he wishes and will genuinely take the final decision.”

"

They can do as I said but rarely do, the jentick case was indeed one they did, the case about bloor homes was not.

bournemouth

Your point being?

And that makes that horrendous statement ok does it?"

What horrendous statement ? She said we would recruit more doctors and nurses from the UK surely that is a good thing it gives well paid jobs to young british kids,once again did she say a single foreign nhs worker would be sent home ? Did she say the uk was not grateful for the work they do ? Of course you once again will avoid giving a straight answer.only you could turn the creation of good long term secure jobs into a negative

Manchester

I believe “most” MPs are self serving greedy egotists and whilst not corrupt in the legal sense they are using the system and that system is an insult to the hard working tax payer. The fact that in 2009 a number of recommendations to change the expenses , allowances, house swapping etc were published by Sir Christopher Kelly and as yet they have not been acted on shows the self interest of our MP’s.

I strongly believe this government to be the most sleazy bunch of grifters I’ve ever seen. The old boys and friends network operating in such an immoral way is disgraceful.

This coupled with the total control of our parliament by central party offices in London leads me to fear we actually, in reality, no longer have a true democracy.

liverpool

Very true, they're all as corrupt as each other."

No they are not.

liverpool

"I believe “most” MPs are self serving greedy egotists and whilst not corrupt in the legal sense they are using the system and that system is an insult to the hard working tax payer. The fact that in 2009 a number of recommendations to change the expenses , allowances, house swapping etc were published by Sir Christopher Kelly and as yet they have not been acted on shows the self interest of our MP’s.

I strongly believe this government to be the most sleazy bunch of grifters I’ve ever seen. The old boys and friends network operating in such an immoral way is disgraceful.

This coupled with the total control of our parliament by central party offices in London leads me to fear we actually, in reality, no longer have a true democracy. "

When dennis skinner was an mp,he wldnt even use the subsidized canteen,he used to bring his own dinner in.

This 'they are all as bad as each other "argument is the usual Tory trick of excusing whatever borderline criminal behaviur of the gmnt,by predictable whataboutery.

If they were all bas as each other,we would get a different gmnt every 5 years.

I've said it a million times.

It simply doesn't matter how long the gmnt will sink, their acolytes will applaud them and the sheep will repeat.. yeah but corbyn/abbott

You will never penetrate that level of fanaticism

Brighton

"P.S. can you fact check against UK not England as not a like-for-like comparison. Thanks

As an acknowledged intellectual, I read forum opinions and quotes, and ask myself, does that sound credible.

Does it sound reasonable, and if it seems fishy I will often check. And I’m usually correct."

So FullFact (your source) says this...

“We can’t know the proportion of foreign clinical staff in the NHS for certain, because we only have data on this from the NHS in England.”

So they don’t know.

An article in the Independent in 2019 says this...

“The health service is heavily reliant on staff from overseas.

In total, around 139,000 of the 1.2 million NHS employees are foreign nationals – equating to one in eight (12.5 per cent).

Of these, around 62,000 – or 5.6 per cent of all employees - come from EU countries. 45,000 come from Asia, and 21,000 are from African countries.

Among doctors, the proportion of non-British NHS staff is much higher: 26 per cent are foreign nationals.

12 per cent of NHS doctors come from Asia, with two-thirds of this group being either Indian or Pakistani. 10 per cent are from EU countries – most commonly Ireland. A further 3 per cent come from African nations.“

And then the person I quoted is referencing a table in a document (the source is the BMA) that states this...

“Of the 252,319 Doctors on the UK medical register in 2019:

164,525 trained in the UK.

22,280 trained in EEA countries.

64,514 trained outside the EEA.”

So clearly not a consistent figure but the BMA is a primary source and FullFact is not!

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/dido-hardings-nhs-chief-executive-test-and-trace-1062603/amp

She seems the ideal candidate to solve all the NHS problems

bournemouth

"P.S. can you fact check against UK not England as not a like-for-like comparison. Thanks

Does it sound reasonable, and if it seems fishy I will often check. And I’m usually correct.

“We can’t know the proportion of foreign clinical staff in the NHS for certain, because we only have data on this from the NHS in England.”

So they don’t know.

In total, around 139,000 of the 1.2 million NHS employees are foreign nationals – equating to one in eight (12.5 per cent).

Of these, around 62,000 – or 5.6 per cent of all employees - come from EU countries. 45,000 come from Asia, and 21,000 are from African countries.

Among doctors, the proportion of non-British NHS staff is much higher: 26 per cent are foreign nationals.

12 per cent of NHS doctors come from Asia, with two-thirds of this group being either Indian or Pakistani. 10 per cent are from EU countries – most commonly Ireland. A further 3 per cent come from African nations.“

And then the person I quoted is referencing a table in a document (the source is the BMA) that states this...

So clearly not a consistent figure but the BMA is a primary source and FullFact is not!

"

I'm sure you fo agree that having more british doctors and nurses is good.

bournemouth

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/dido-hardings-nhs-chief-executive-test-and-trace-1062603/amp

She seems the ideal candidate to solve all the NHS problems "

Oh look not answering the question, what a surprise.

Brighton

So they don’t know.

I'm sure you fo agree that having more british doctors and nurses is good."

Don’t think anyone is saying otherwise. The key point is the time and cost AND even more importantly the desire by British people to become Doctors!

The split reflects the demand/need for Doctors in UK and the fact that the demand can only be filled with foreign Doctors. There just aren’t enough Brits training to be Doctors (I have no idea why).

So where will that magic Doctor Tree get planted? Next to the magic Money Tree?

bournemouth

So they don’t know.

Don’t think anyone is saying otherwise. The key point is the time and cost AND even more importantly the desire by British people to become Doctors!

The split reflects the demand/need for Doctors in UK and the fact that the demand can only be filled with foreign Doctors. There just aren’t enough Brits training to be Doctors (I have no idea why).

So where will that magic Doctor Tree get planted? Next to the magic Money Tree?"

Lily is he said it was a horrendous statement.

I agree it wont be easy, we definitely need to encourage nurse training by paying them during their courses,

Grantham

Yours faithfully

Andrew Lynch

They can do as I said but rarely do, the jentick case was indeed one they did, the case about bloor homes was not."

The Ledbury development went through the whole and proper process.

After the Independent Inspector ruled in favour of Bloor, Herefordshire CC decided not to take it to appeal. Ledbury Town Council, despite advice, took it to appeal and lost, resulting in a six figure sum in expenses and fees.

The final decision was taken by Housing Minister, Christopher Pincher MP. That is a matter listed in Hansard. It could be he got involved, as Robert Jenrick has interests in Herefordshire.

The Chesham and Amersham by-election had brought the whole planning process into the spotlight. Its very hard to stop a legal planning application, as the need for housing normally outweighs any objections.

Brighton

*saying I have no idea why I can put forward a supposition (can’t support it though)...

1) Being a Doctor is a vocation so you REALLY need to want to be a Doctor.

2) You MUST work in the NHS to be a Doctor in the UK, so even if your goal is lucrative private practice, a % of your time must be spent supporting the NHS.

3) If you had the intellectual capability to be a doctor but could see how the NHS is treated by the Govt (remember the Junior Doctor strike, GPs pension issue etc), faced 7 years training and 70hr weeks, contact with disease and suffering, inadequate PPE etc in return for a not particularly good salary OR go into another sector/job offering handsome rewards sooner for less work/effort...hmmmm

Brighton

So they don’t know.

I agree it wont be easy, we definitely need to encourage nurse training by paying them during their courses, "

And nicely back on topic - didn’t the Tory Gov’t remove grant status for nursing?

Manchester

So they don’t know.

I agree it wont be easy, we definitely need to encourage nurse training by paying them during their courses, "

I agree financial incentive is the way forwards but also if they qualify at the tax payers expense and then emigrate then they pay it back proportionately. Say a 10 year spread and it reduces 10% per year straight line. Otherwise we are funding health workers for other countries to benefit..

So they don’t know.

I agree it wont be easy, we definitely need to encourage nurse training by paying them during their courses,

I agree financial incentive is the way forwards but also if they qualify at the tax payers expense and then emigrate then they pay it back proportionately. Say a 10 year spread and it reduces 10% per year straight line. Otherwise we are funding health workers for other countries to benefit.. "

I believe we need circa 50k nurses (obviously there's others we need too). By my estimation that's £2.5b to train those that we need.

That's not a lot of money providing as you say the NHS get the benefit.

The UK has that money, regardless of what ministers tell us.

The issue is in where does it stop. If the taxpayer pays for one profession then others will soon jump on saying 'what about us'

Brighton

If all nurses looked like Shorter then we would certainly get an influx of eager bi/gay female and male recruits

Hey I know this is the Politics forum but it is still a swinger site!!!!

"If all nurses looked like Shorter then we would certainly get an influx of eager bi/gay female and male recruits

Hey I know this is the Politics forum but it is still a swinger site!!!!"

I think we can allow that one seeing as you're being nice

Shorter and MrsB the new poster girls for nursing recruitment?

Manchester

So they don’t know.

I agree financial incentive is the way forwards but also if they qualify at the tax payers expense and then emigrate then they pay it back proportionately. Say a 10 year spread and it reduces 10% per year straight line. Otherwise we are funding health workers for other countries to benefit..

I believe we need circa 50k nurses (obviously there's others we need too). By my estimation that's £2.5b to train those that we need.

The issue is in where does it stop. If the taxpayer pays for one profession then others will soon jump on saying 'what about us'"

Yes there is a danger you open floodgates but a government who can fight to stop extra food to hard up kids can cope with saying no to other professions I’m sure. I also think care workers should be included in this uplift in salaries . They are basically abused beyond belief and they do an amazing job.

So they don’t know.

The issue is in where does it stop. If the taxpayer pays for one profession then others will soon jump on saying 'what about us'

Yes there is a danger you open floodgates but a government who can fight to stop extra food to hard up kids can cope with saying no to other professions I’m sure. I also think care workers should be included in this uplift in salaries . They are basically abused beyond belief and they do an amazing job.

"

You are correct in saying they can just say no. And they would have no qualms about it.

Was just an initial thought that it would/could be the case.

Care worker pay is ridiculous, most of them work in the private sector though. And an awful lot of them on zero hours.

westerham

So they don’t know.

I'm sure you fo agree that having more british doctors and nurses is good."

You're making the mistake of equating the BMA with the NHS which it isn't, the BMA register will include private practice and other categories.

My quote from fullfact was accurate.

Brighton

And you are missing the point that Full Fact only have figures for England not UK and that ALL Doctors in the UK have to spend a % if their time supporting the NHS or cannot have private practice.

Still doesn’t change the point that BMA is a primary source.

Brighton

New one (admittedly not “corruption” but wanted to share)...

“Treasury officials are drawing up plans for a pensions tax raid this autumn to help pay for heightened public spending during the Covid19UK pandemic“

bournemouth

So they don’t know.

I agree financial incentive is the way forwards but also if they qualify at the tax payers expense and then emigrate then they pay it back proportionately. Say a 10 year spread and it reduces 10% per year straight line. Otherwise we are funding health workers for other countries to benefit.. "

I think that would be fair, lots of firms operate a clawback system for apprenticeships and training so cant see why it wouldn't work.

westerham

"New one (admittedly not “corruption” but wanted to share)...

“Treasury officials are drawing up plans for a pensions tax raid this autumn to help pay for heightened public spending during the Covid19UK pandemic“"

Eh? What's that got to do with price of fish? Or Brexit, or corruption, or whatever this thread is supposed to be about?

Brighton

“Treasury officials are drawing up plans for a pensions tax raid this autumn to help pay for heightened public spending during the Covid19UK pandemic“

Eh? What's that got to do with price of fish? Or Brexit, or corruption, or whatever this thread is supposed to be about? "

Come on “acknowledged intellectual” read the opening sentence (including the bit in brackets).

Brighton

And this...

“UK-based Petrofac accused of making payments over more than 15 years to secure contracts A multinational oil firm which was led by a major Conservative donor has been under investigation“

Brighton

Eh? What's that got to do with price of fish? Or Brexit, or corruption, or whatever this thread is supposed to be about?

Come on “acknowledged intellectual” read the opening sentence (including the bit in brackets). "

Saying that though the story here is surely along the lines of:

1) Govt spaffs our money to line pockets of cronies. So “treasury” a bit empty.

2) Govt refuses to close tax loopholes and offshoring to help support cronies meaning “treasury” not receiving money it should.

3) Tax the pensioners to help cover the spaffed up deficit!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"And this...

“UK-based Petrofac accused of making payments over more than 15 years to secure contracts A multinational oil firm which was led by a major Conservative donor has been under investigation“"

Bribery is likely acknowledged as highly positive by them, due to its familiarity.

Brighton

Not UK but still...

“Rishi Sunak is a shareholder in a restaurants business that funnelled investments through a letterbox company in the tax haven of Mauritius, in a structure that allow its backers to avoid taxes in India.”

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

- "Oh! George, says here, that Rishi Sunak is a shareholder in a restaurant business that funnelled investments through a letterbox company in the tax haven of Mauritius, in a structure that allows its backers to avoid taxes in India."

- "Jean, don't be daft, how did they get the food through a letterbox... anyway all I want to know is when we can take off these bloody masks and go on holiday"

Brighton

"- "Oh! George, says here, that Rishi Sunak is a shareholder in a restaurant business that funnelled investments through a letterbox company in the tax haven of Mauritius, in a structure that allows its backers to avoid taxes in India."

- "Jean, don't be daft, how did they get the food through a letterbox... anyway all I want to know is when we can take off these bloody masks and go on holiday"

"

you should post that here...

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1169887

No they are not."

Yes they are all corrupt and they get away with it because people like you are so easily fooled.

liverpool

No they are not.

Yes they are all corrupt and they get away with it because people like you are so easily fooled."

The irony.

No they are not.

Yes they are all corrupt and they get away with it because people like you are so easily fooled.

The irony."

Keep on trusting your politicians, they would never lie to you, honestly!

They rely on the easily manipulated.

liverpool

No they are not.

The irony.

They rely on the easily manipulated."

There are some I trust.

There are some I don't.

It's not rocket science.

Have you ever considered if they are all as bad as each other,1 party consistently gets into power?

westerham

No they are not.

The irony.

There are some I trust.

There are some I don't.

It's not rocket science.

Have you ever considered if they are all as bad as each other,1 party consistently gets into power?"

I don't think there are many voters confused about why Starmer is not getting into power lol.

No they are not.

The irony.

There are some I trust.

There are some I don't.

It's not rocket science.

Have you ever considered if they are all as bad as each other,1 party consistently gets into power?"

The reason the Tories keep getting into power is that there is no opposition. Labour have been useless, highly incompetent and totally untrustworthy.

But that doesn't mean your Tories are any good. They are still a bunch of lying, corrupt, self serving parasites.

Brighton

The reason the Tories keep getting in is because too many people have swallowed the myth of trickle down economics.

But you are right...the current Executive is full of self serving parasites!

liverpool

No they are not.

The irony.

There are some I trust.

There are some I don't.

It's not rocket science.

Have you ever considered if they are all as bad as each other,1 party consistently gets into power?

The reason the Tories keep getting into power is that there is no opposition. Labour have been useless, highly incompetent and totally untrustworthy.

But that doesn't mean your Tories are any good. They are still a bunch of lying, corrupt, self serving parasites."

That post couldn't be more contradictory if you tried.

Skimmed the thread. The excuses were pretty much as expected.

liverpool

"Skimmed the thread. The excuses were pretty much as expected. "

Tbf I havent heard the well you would do the same on their position one yet.

No they are not.

The irony.

There are some I trust.

There are some I don't.

It's not rocket science.

I don't think there are many voters confused about why Starmer is not getting into power lol."

Doesn't the opposition get into Power after a win at a General Election ?

As Starmer hasnt yet been leader during a General Election.

He wont be getting into power until there is a General Election & He wins .

You seem a Little confused at how Politics works Sir .

Brighton

Good Law Project is now able to reveal the names of six more companies awarded PPE contracts through the controversial’ VIP’ fast-track lane for associates of ministers and advisers. These six firms landed nearly half a billion pounds of public contracts – all without competition – and were uncovered in documents prised from Government in the course of our litigation:

Uniserve Limited is a logistics firm controlled by Iain Liddell. Prior to the pandemic, the firm had no experience in supplying PPE, yet the firm landed a staggering £300m+ in PPE contracts from the DHSC and an eye-watering £572m deal to provide freight services for the supply of PPE. The company shares the same address as Cabinet Minister Julia Lopez MP and is based in her constituency.

Draeger Safety UK Ltd which is a subsidiary of the Germany based Draeger AG, landed a direct award contract in July 2020 to supply FFP3 masks valued at £87m.

Urathon Europe Limited, a Wiltshire based supplier of wheelchair accessories, was handed two contracts worth £74m to supply face masks. Correspondence released during our recent PPE hearing revealed the Urathon contracts were ‘escalated through VIP Channel’.

First Aid For Sport Limited, SanaClis, and Global United Trading and Sourcing PTE Ltd were awarded contracts from the DHSC worth a combined total of £28.6m.

The six companies revealed here are in addition to the six other ‘VIPs’ previously revealed by Good Law Project. In April we revealed documents showing P14 Medical, Luxe Lifestyle, and Meller Designs were fast-tracked down the ‘VIP’ route alongside Pestfix and Ayanda. P14 Medical, run by a Tory donor and ex-Tory councillor, was awarded £276m in PPE contracts. Meller Designs, run by another large Tory donor, David Meller, won more than £160m of PPE contracts. Luxe Lifestyle, a tiny recently-formed company with no staff and no experience in buying and selling PPE, was awarded a contract worth £26m after being referred to the VIP lane by an MP.

This followed our scoop last December that Government had handed PPE Medpro, a firm linked to an associate of a Conservative peer with mystery investors, £200m of PPE contracts via the ‘high-priority lane.’

It’s been months of battle to get here. Why is Government so determined to keep the names of VIPs hidden? At whose request did they get ushered through the VIP lane? Documents revealed during our High Court hearing last month show civil servants were “drowning” in referrals from politically connected individuals, which were “consuming bandwidth to progressing viable opportunities”.

The NAO says 47 companies received PPE contracts after being referred to the VIP lane. Our investigations and cases have so far revealed the names of 12 of those companies.

Manchester

"Good Law Project is now able to reveal the names of six more companies awarded PPE contracts through the controversial’ VIP’ fast-track lane for associates of ministers and advisers. These six firms landed nearly half a billion pounds of public contracts – all without competition – and were uncovered in documents prised from Government in the course of our litigation:

Uniserve Limited is a logistics firm controlled by Iain Liddell. Prior to the pandemic, the firm had no experience in supplying PPE, yet the firm landed a staggering £300m+ in PPE contracts from the DHSC and an eye-watering £572m deal to provide freight services for the supply of PPE. The company shares the same address as Cabinet Minister Julia Lopez MP and is based in her constituency.

Draeger Safety UK Ltd which is a subsidiary of the Germany based Draeger AG, landed a direct award contract in July 2020 to supply FFP3 masks valued at £87m.

Urathon Europe Limited, a Wiltshire based supplier of wheelchair accessories, was handed two contracts worth £74m to supply face masks. Correspondence released during our recent PPE hearing revealed the Urathon contracts were ‘escalated through VIP Channel’.

First Aid For Sport Limited, SanaClis, and Global United Trading and Sourcing PTE Ltd were awarded contracts from the DHSC worth a combined total of £28.6m.

The six companies revealed here are in addition to the six other ‘VIPs’ previously revealed by Good Law Project. In April we revealed documents showing P14 Medical, Luxe Lifestyle, and Meller Designs were fast-tracked down the ‘VIP’ route alongside Pestfix and Ayanda. P14 Medical, run by a Tory donor and ex-Tory councillor, was awarded £276m in PPE contracts. Meller Designs, run by another large Tory donor, David Meller, won more than £160m of PPE contracts. Luxe Lifestyle, a tiny recently-formed company with no staff and no experience in buying and selling PPE, was awarded a contract worth £26m after being referred to the VIP lane by an MP.

This followed our scoop last December that Government had handed PPE Medpro, a firm linked to an associate of a Conservative peer with mystery investors, £200m of PPE contracts via the ‘high-priority lane.’

It’s been months of battle to get here. Why is Government so determined to keep the names of VIPs hidden? At whose request did they get ushered through the VIP lane? Documents revealed during our High Court hearing last month show civil servants were “drowning” in referrals from politically connected individuals, which were “consuming bandwidth to progressing viable opportunities”.

The NAO says 47 companies received PPE contracts after being referred to the VIP lane. Our investigations and cases have so far revealed the names of 12 of those companies."

A sewer of a government.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Wank circle thread.... who's eating the soggy biscuit lol

westerham

No they are not.

The irony.

There are some I trust.

There are some I don't.

It's not rocket science.

I don't think there are many voters confused about why Starmer is not getting into power lol.

Doesn't the opposition get into Power after a win at a General Election ?

As Starmer hasnt yet been leader during a General Election.

He wont be getting into power until there is a General Election & He wins .

You seem a Little confused at how Politics works Sir ."

Bahahahaha

The view from the bunker

Brighton

"Wank circle thread.... who's eating the soggy biscuit lol

"

If you ask nicely we can save that for you?

Notts

If you ask nicely we can save that for you?"

What makes you think I eat biscuits! How very dare you lol but spunks low calories so go on then....

Brighton

What makes you think I eat biscuits! How very dare you lol but spunks low calories so go on then.... "

But they ARE hob knobs

Notts

What makes you think I eat biscuits! How very dare you lol but spunks low calories so go on then....

But they ARE hob knobs "

Hob knobs and garibaldies really get too much press, I prefer a wack-a-roon, like a macaroon but.....different ingredients lol

[Removed by poster at 21/06/21 23:23:14]

"Good Law Project is now able to reveal the names of six more companies awarded PPE contracts through the controversial’ VIP’ fast-track lane for associates of ministers and advisers. These six firms landed nearly half a billion pounds of public contracts – all without competition – and were uncovered in documents prised from Government in the course of our litigation:

The NAO says 47 companies received PPE contracts after being referred to the VIP lane. Our investigations and cases have so far revealed the names of 12 of those companies."

Were any of these where Hancocks Sister had Shares ?

westerham

John Berkow accused of bullying and making a deal for a peerage

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

"John Berkow accused of bullying and making a deal for a peerage

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?"

Hang on. I need to tick off 2 things on the list of excuses used by Tory defenders. Distraction. Tick. Whataboutism. Tick.

Bingo! I got a full row! What do I win?

westerham

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

Hang on. I need to tick off 2 things on the list of excuses used by Tory defenders. Distraction. Tick. Whataboutism. Tick.

Bingo! I got a full row! What do I win?"

I thought he’d make both sides happy

Awww I was hoping for a splendid prize

Brighton

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?"

Can’t stop yourself can you? Bercow is not in the Government (no bullying isn’t ok

Any thoughts on that PPE contract list? That’s corruption.

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

Can’t stop yourself can you? Bercow is not in the Government (no bullying isn’t ok

Any thoughts on that PPE contract list? That’s corruption."

Tory defenders don't seem to care about government corruption and lawrbreaking. If they did care, they wouldn't defend the Tories.

bournemouth

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

Any thoughts on that PPE contract list? That’s corruption."

If it is then why arent people being prosecuted? If they are and are found guilty then chuck them in clink.

Nepotism is not a crime

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

Tory defenders don't seem to care about government corruption and lawrbreaking. If they did care, they wouldn't defend the Tories."

They wont .

Its not in there Interests

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

If it is then why arent people being prosecuted? If they are and are found guilty then chuck them in clink.

Nepotism is not a crime "

Hancock was found to have broken the law. Gove was found to have broken the law. The government was found to have broken the law. I agree. Chuck em all in jail.

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

Nepotism is not a crime

Hancock was found to have broken the law. Gove was found to have broken the law. The government was found to have broken the law. I agree. Chuck em all in jail."

Rhys Mogg went to Balmoral & lied to the Queen , Boris told everyone he was still shaking hands .

bournemouth

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

Nepotism is not a crime

Hancock was found to have broken the law. Gove was found to have broken the law. The government was found to have broken the law. I agree. Chuck em all in jail."

Were any of those corruption ?

Brighton

Wait a moment

Oh he’s labour now

Not sure if it counts?

Nepotism is not a crime "

Actually when it comes to how govt spends OUR money there are strict procurement rules to precisely avoid nepotism. This govt used the Covid crisis to ignore the rules. They are being taken to court (and using our money to defend themselves).

Yup they were corrupt

Therefore it was Corruption .