FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > One Britain one nation

One Britain one nation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionelhutz OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/education-chiefs-back-campaign-for-school-kids-to-sing-patriotic-one-britain-one-nation-anthem-12339491

Crying 'ere

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/education-chiefs-back-campaign-for-school-kids-to-sing-patriotic-one-britain-one-nation-anthem-12339491

Crying 'ere"

Omg, cringeworthy

liverpool

"https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/education-chiefs-back-campaign-for-school-kids-to-sing-patriotic-one-britain-one-nation-anthem-12339491

Crying 'ere

Omg, cringeworthy "

I think I lasted about 5 seconds on the video

Maybe they should encourage the kids to join some sort of natinal club?

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Crying 'ere

Omg, cringeworthy

Maybe they should encourage the kids to join some sort of natinal club?"

Is it a Bafoon Boris idea.

liverpool

Crying 'ere

Omg, cringeworthy

Is it a Bafoon Boris idea. "

Of course..another master stroke

Crying 'ere

Omg, cringeworthy

Is it a Bafoon Boris idea. "

Probably, tbf, some of his die hard fans will love it

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

That'll not be being sung in Scotland

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Would have thought the woke crew would love that

I’m assuming you all prefer the stirring themes of Dambusters, Hornpipe and Rule Britannia

I hear the next song will be this one praising Johnson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37KQu64RY4

liverpool

Maybe they could do ding dong on Thatchers anniversary?

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Just listened to this song, what load of crap.

liverpool

"Just listened to this song, what load of crap. "

How dare you?

Sutely its stirs the soul?

Apparently they have got the likes of Giles blandwith and norman tebbit backing it.

It gets better and better

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

definitely a crap song but im sure Kash Singh had his heart in the right place trying to get children to have pride in their nation and shared values. Much better than those people trying to cause diversity.

[Removed by poster at 23/06/21 21:03:21]

"Maybe they could do ding dong on Thatchers anniversary?"

I always do that as a mark of respect

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"definitely a crap song but im sure Kash Singh had his heart in the right place trying to get children to have pride in their nation and shared values. Much better than those people trying to cause diversity. "
kids to have pride in there country there’s ppl on here who probably teach there own kids the opposite lol

liverpool

"Maybe they could do ding dong on Thatchers anniversary?

I always do that as a mark of respect

"

near ipswich

"definitely a crap song but im sure Kash Singh had his heart in the right place trying to get children to have pride in their nation and shared values. Much better than those people trying to cause diversity. kids to have pride in there country there’s ppl on here who probably teach there own kids the opposite lol"
Exactly my thoughts by the lack of replies about children having shared values and pride in their nation. There are some on here who are proud of having no pride in the nation so im sure they must teach their children that too and wont be happy schools doing it.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"definitely a crap song but im sure Kash Singh had his heart in the right place trying to get children to have pride in their nation and shared values. Much better than those people trying to cause diversity. kids to have pride in there country there’s ppl on here who probably teach there own kids the opposite lolExactly my thoughts by the lack of replies about children having shared values and pride in their nation. There are some on here who are proud of having no pride in the nation so im sure they must teach their children that too and wont be happy schools doing it."

I agree but problem is I feel many are put off for fear of being branded as some sort of extremist or racist if they show pride in their nation.

near ipswich

"definitely a crap song but im sure Kash Singh had his heart in the right place trying to get children to have pride in their nation and shared values. Much better than those people trying to cause diversity. kids to have pride in there country there’s ppl on here who probably teach there own kids the opposite lolExactly my thoughts by the lack of replies about children having shared values and pride in their nation. There are some on here who are proud of having no pride in the nation so im sure they must teach their children that too and wont be happy schools doing it.

I agree but problem is I feel many are put off for fear of being branded as some sort of extremist or racist if they show pride in their nation. "

I think you have hit the nail on the head there mate.

liverpool

"definitely a crap song but im sure Kash Singh had his heart in the right place trying to get children to have pride in their nation and shared values. Much better than those people trying to cause diversity. kids to have pride in there country there’s ppl on here who probably teach there own kids the opposite lolExactly my thoughts by the lack of replies about children having shared values and pride in their nation. There are some on here who are proud of having no pride in the nation so im sure they must teach their children that too and wont be happy schools doing it.

I agree but problem is I feel many are put off for fear of being branded as some sort of extremist or racist if they show pride in their nation. "

What exactly are you basing that on?

liverpool

Maybe it should be compulsory to have portraits of akex in our front rooms and we can all join in?

milton keynes

I agree but problem is I feel many are put off for fear of being branded as some sort of extremist or racist if they show pride in their nation.

"

Personal experience mainly though reading some of these forums does not help though I guess it could be argued I don't have to read them

liverpool

Personal experience mainly though reading some of these forums does not help though I guess it could be argued I don't have to read them"

So no actual quantifiable evidence?

Boozers up and down the country are decked out in England flags..I dont see anyone calling them racist.

milton keynes

Personal experience mainly though reading some of these forums does not help though I guess it could be argued I don't have to read them

Boozers up and down the country are decked out in England flags..I dont see anyone calling them racist."

My first post said the words ' I feel' and second post said personal experience. In other words its my opinion based on personal experiences. Hope its ok to say my opinion .

liverpool

Boozers up and down the country are decked out in England flags..I dont see anyone calling them racist.

My first post said the words ' I feel' and second post said personal experience. In other words its my opinion based on personal experiences. Hope its ok to say my opinion ."

I never said it wasmt but I've seen precious little examples of anyone being called a racist for being patriotic ..however it will be interesting to see the reaction to schools who dont comply with an act you would normally associate with North Korea.

near ipswich

My first post said the words ' I feel' and second post said personal experience. In other words its my opinion based on personal experiences. Hope its ok to say my opinion .

I never said it wasmt but I've seen precious little examples of anyone being called a racist for being patriotic ..however it will be interesting to see the reaction to schools who dont comply with an act you would normally associate with North Korea."

Has it been made compulsory in schools then?

liverpool

Wales have told them where to go and the Scottish kids are in holiday when it starts.

I also camt see it going down too well in catholic schools in Ni

Brilliant

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"definitely a crap song but im sure Kash Singh had his heart in the right place trying to get children to have pride in their nation and shared values. Much better than those people trying to cause diversity. kids to have pride in there country there’s ppl on here who probably teach there own kids the opposite lolExactly my thoughts by the lack of replies about children having shared values and pride in their nation. There are some on here who are proud of having no pride in the nation so im sure they must teach their children that too and wont be happy schools doing it."

I think it’s a deeper problem. Yes we should teach kids to be proud of the U.K. but also that it’s their country to be an active part of. It’s not just history.

We don’t teach kids about litter, or pollution or to be proud of their local areas. We don’t teach them how to fill in forms at a basic level. . It’s not just about the flag and some irrelevant out of date song it’s about being part of a society. So respecting the laws and having respect for each other and by default the police and legal system. The shame of benefit fraud or benefit lifestyle choice should be an embarrassment to avoid not something to be proud of. Equally tax avoidance should be publicly shamed at the rich end of society.

But to do all this we need a fairer society which gives equal opportunity to all but is also contributed to fairly by all.

Education should have out total investment and support.

Your parents income should not restrict your chances in life. Also our elitism and privilege regarding the class system holds so many young talented people back.

Fuck me, even the flag-waving, bile-spewing Express hates this Hitler Youth style ditty. We are through the looking glass, people...

liverpool

"Fuck me, even the flag-waving, bile-spewing Express hates this Hitler Youth style ditty. We are through the looking glass, people..."

I cant believe that!

"Wales have told them where to go and the Scottish kids are in holiday when it starts.

Brilliant

"

I hadnt even thought about

Wals Scotland & Catholic schools in NI .

Great Point very well made.

"Fuck me, even the flag-waving, bile-spewing Express hates this Hitler Youth style ditty. We are through the looking glass, people...

I cant believe that!"

They ran a "story" about parents condemning it. We're in topsy turvy world if a song is too mad and jingoistic for the Express.

All I can say is wtf

liverpool

"Fuck me, even the flag-waving, bile-spewing Express hates this Hitler Youth style ditty. We are through the looking glass, people...

I cant believe that!

They ran a "story" about parents condemning it. We're in topsy turvy world if a song is too mad and jingoistic for the Express."

I see the problem. The song just needs to add in a verse about Brexit. Then the Express may be won around.

I suggest something like:

Bold Brexit. Sunlit uplands.

Bold Brexit. Sunlit u-u-uplands.

"Wales have told them where to go and the Scottish kids are in holiday when it starts.

Brilliant

"

And Northern Ireland isn't in Britain.

What thoughts go through the "brain" of Gavin Williamson,trying to push this onto all schools in all four nations?

liverpool

Brilliant

What thoughts go through the "brain" of Gavin Williamson,trying to push this onto all schools in all four nations?"

You couldmt make it up

Apparently the reforms he has planned are horrendous

Brilliant

What thoughts go through the "brain" of Gavin Williamson,trying to push this onto all schools in all four nations?"

Maybe this is the 1st step to The UK government

Letting go of Northern Ireland ?

Brilliant

What thoughts go through the "brain" of Gavin Williamson,trying to push this onto all schools in all four nations?

"

The 1st step was the UK gov fucking Northern Ireland with their Brexit deal.

Brilliant

The 1st step was the UK gov fucking Northern Ireland with their Brexit deal."

I think the UK govs 1st step in f*cking Nirthern Ireland

happened Long before that , but i get the point you make .

Brilliant

happened Long before that , but i get the point you make ."

Hard to argue with your point either.

Brilliant

Hard to argue with your point either."

Its just a shame those who won a vote 5 years ago

are incapable of seeing what theat vote meant to

the Union & its real fragility .

Still

F*ck Em !

Brilliant

Still

F*ck Em !"

B-b-but they knew what they were voting for (supposedly)

PS they're gonna be pissed at you when they wake up and see you said a naughty word. The people who dismiss others as woke and lefty and snowflakes can be remarkably snowflaky.

Quick. Wave a flag and sing a shit song. They'll leave you alone if you do that.

Brilliant

Still

F*ck Em !

B-b-but they knew what they were voting for (supposedly)

PS they're gonna be pissed at you when they wake up and see you said a naughty word. The people who dismiss others as woke and lefty and snowflakes can be remarkably snowflaky."

Its remarkable how Snow-Flakey they get

"Quick. Wave a flag and sing a shit song. They'll leave you alone if you do that."

How about a good old Labour Party Conference song

Like Jerusalem & flag just to spite them ?

"Quick. Wave a flag and sing a shit song. They'll leave you alone if you do that.

"

Dear God. They'll tar and feather you.

"Quick. Wave a flag and sing a shit song. They'll leave you alone if you do that.

Dear God. They'll tar and feather you."

I doubt they are kinky enough

near ipswich

Its laughable that people can get so triggered by a patriotic song written by 7 to 9 year olds in Bradford.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Its laughable that people can get so triggered by a patriotic song written by 7 to 9 year olds in Bradford. "

part of a campaign celebrating uk diversity, set up by a retired police officer Kash Singh, who came to the UK when he was 6. Campaign’s a big success in West Yorkshire.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Seems a very trivial issue to get upset about.

Hope everyone’s going to be ok.

liverpool

A country where nigel Farage's view are seen as acceptable,where the gmnt has a major issue with Islamabaphobia and where the home secretary advocated sticking migrants in an island in the Atlantic, wants to celebrate diversity

Unsurpsrongly the usual suspects have no problem with kids being "encouraged 'to sing patriotic songs.

Shocked I tells ya.

liverpool

"Seems a very trivial issue to get upset about.

Hope everyone’s going to be ok. "

If its trivial why have the welsh gmnt completely refused to do it?

Seeong as its ,you know,shpoosed to celebrate one nation?

near ipswich

"A country where nigel Farage's view are seen as acceptable,where the gmnt has a major issue with Islamabaphobia and where the home secretary advocated sticking migrants in an island in the Atlantic, wants to celebrate diversity

Unsurpsrongly the usual suspects have no problem with kids being "encouraged 'to sing patriotic songs.

Shocked I tells ya."

Dont you agree with children from different cultures being encouraged to unite and to drive out diversity then?

North Bucks

Seeong as its ,you know,shpoosed to celebrate one nation?"

It’s refusal has hardly cause a stir apart from the people who get outraged over such things.

It’s trivial. The world will still turn and the story will sink without a trace in a couple of weeks.

liverpool

It’s refusal has hardly cause a stir apart from the people who get outraged over such things.

It’s trivial. The world will still turn and the story will sink without a trace in a couple of weeks.

"

So hang on..the gmnt wants to celebrate one nation and one part of that nation has completely refused, whilst another will not be taking part..trivial or not doesmt that sort of mean the idea is slightly flawed?

North Bucks

So hang on..the gmnt wants to celebrate one nation and one part of that nation has completely refused, whilst another will not be taking part..trivial or not doesmt that sort of mean the idea is slightly flawed?"

Calm down you are getting all upset over me saying it’s trivial and offering no comment on the Governments plans to celebrate.

Like a lot of things the government says and does it won’t come off.

liverpool

I also find it interesting how people decide what is trivial or not.

Issues over the prime ministers finances.

Trivial.

Widespread islsmaphabophoa in the gmnt.

Trivial

Billions going missing in.ppe contracts

Trivial

Kids being encouraged to song patriotic songs.

Trivial

Allegations of anti semitism in the labour party

What.

Hold the front page...

Priceless

liverpool

So hang on..the gmnt wants to celebrate one nation and one part of that nation has completely refused, whilst another will not be taking part..trivial or not doesmt that sort of mean the idea is slightly flawed?

Calm down you are getting all upset over me saying it’s trivial and offering no comment on the Governments plans to celebrate.

Like a lot of things the government says and does it won’t come off. "

Who is getting upset?

Oh I'm sorry.. is this something else it's not worth discussing because sky told us?

North Bucks

"I also find it interesting how people decide what is trivial or not.

Issues over the prime ministers finances.

Trivial.

Widespread islsmaphabophoa in the gmnt.

Trivial

Billions going missing in.ppe contracts

Trivial

Kids being encouraged to song patriotic songs.

Trivial

Allegations of anti semitism in the labour party

What.

Hold the front page...

Priceless "

Good job I only said the song was a trivial issue then.

North Bucks

Who is getting upset?

Oh I'm sorry.. is this something else it's not worth discussing because sky told us?"

Sky? Only Sky channels I watch are Sky Atlantic and sky sports.

And where did I say it wasn’t worth discussing. Calm down and stop misquoting again.

near ipswich

So hang on..the gmnt wants to celebrate one nation and one part of that nation has completely refused, whilst another will not be taking part..trivial or not doesmt that sort of mean the idea is slightly flawed?"

The government said that it supports the broad aim of the day but does not endorse any specific material.

It seems you jumped on the bandwagon of believing this is a government led thing when in fact it has been conceived by an immigrant from India who wants to give children like himself a since of pride and unity in the country.

Now if the government had said they did not support the broad aim of the project you would be calling them racist and rightly so,why are you so against the concept of this ?

liverpool

Who is getting upset?

Oh I'm sorry.. is this something else it's not worth discussing because sky told us?

And where did I say it wasn’t worth discussing. Calm down and stop misquoting again."

You said it was a trivial issue.

I just find it interesting what you deem trivial and what you deem important.

North Bucks

Who is getting upset?

And where did I say it wasn’t worth discussing. Calm down and stop misquoting again.

I just find it interesting what you deem trivial and what you deem important."

Most of the fucks since Brexit and Covid important.

A song. The issue is trivial.

There you go.

North Bucks

Who is getting upset?

There you go.

"

*fuck ups.

liverpool

Who is getting upset?

There you go.

"

Right

Good to know

near ipswich

no answer then?

milton keynes

So hang on..the gmnt wants to celebrate one nation and one part of that nation has completely refused, whilst another will not be taking part..trivial or not doesmt that sort of mean the idea is slightly flawed? The government said that it supports the broad aim of the day but does not endorse any specific material.

It seems you jumped on the bandwagon of believing this is a government led thing when in fact it has been conceived by an immigrant from India who wants to give children like himself a since of pride and unity in the country.

Now if the government had said they did not support the broad aim of the project you would be calling them racist and rightly so,why are you so against the concept of this ? "

[Removed by poster at 24/06/21 17:48:20]

Who is getting upset?

There you go.

"

Why is Boris making such a big deal of it

If its Trivial ?

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

So hang on..the gmnt wants to celebrate one nation and one part of that nation has completely refused, whilst another will not be taking part..trivial or not doesmt that sort of mean the idea is slightly flawed? The government said that it supports the broad aim of the day but does not endorse any specific material.

Now if the government had said they did not support the broad aim of the project you would be calling them racist and rightly so,why are you so against the concept of this ? "

liverpool

Who is getting upset?

There you go.

If its Trivial ?"

Apparently he doesn't endorse any specific material

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prime-minister-sings-up-for-mocked-patriotic-one-britain-one-nation-song-sjttgjflf

Another example of just making shit up

liverpool

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/one-britain-one-nation-boris-johnson-patriotism-b1871110.html%3famp

I think the interesting thing here is the 'encouraging'aspect.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I agree but problem is I feel many are put off for fear of being branded as some sort of extremist or racist if they show pride in their nation. I think you have hit the nail on the head there mate. "

so do I mate

Who is getting upset?

There you go.

If its Trivial ?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prime-minister-sings-up-for-mocked-patriotic-one-britain-one-nation-song-sjttgjflf

"

" Boris Johnson has praised a widely mocked song that the government wants children to sing on Friday, saying it celebrates fundamental British values."

near ipswich

Who is getting upset?

There you go.

If its Trivial ?

" Boris Johnson has praised a widely mocked song that the government wants children to sing on Friday, saying it celebrates fundamental British values."

"

What do you want him to do take the piss out of a song written by 7 to 9 year olds? that would give you a field day.

Who is getting upset?

There you go.

If its Trivial ?

What do you want him to do take the piss out of a song written by 7 to 9 year olds? that would give you a field day. "

He should have said

ahh How Sweet .

Then thats the end of the story .

North Bucks

All this fuss over a trivial song. Like Boris is going to get his way

What a pity the schools in the biggest region in Scotland broke up the day before. Sure there would have been a resounding echo if timing had been better…..

liverpool

"What a pity the schools in the biggest region in Scotland broke up the day before. Sure there would have been a resounding echo if timing had been better….."

Well, we all know how he keeps an eye on all things involving distraction. Maybe it was his turn to host the Old Boys Reunion and it simply slipped his mind

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"I agree but problem is I feel many are put off for fear of being branded as some sort of extremist or racist if they show pride in their nation. I think you have hit the nail on the head there mate. "

A fair point. I'm not branded a racist but the UK Government and its supporters like to portray me as an extremist because I'd rather that Scotland became independent.

It's odd, in what is considered to be a democracy, how exercising your freedom to disagree with the Government, can make you unpatriotic; particularly in the eyes of that Government.

It's a disease that those of a dictatorial persuasion - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Kim, Bin-Salman, Putin, Xi, etc - tend to suffer from; and it leads to citizens having no freedom to dissent for fear of imprisonment, or even execution.

So, you really ought to be worried when it starts to taint the thinking of leaders of countries that are supposed to be democracies.

Luckily, so far, things haven't gotten out of hand here; for all their flag waving, Boris and his kind do not represent the majority of UK voters.

Sadly, FPTP does allow him to try getting away with loads of daft shit.

» Add a new message to this topic