FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tories trying to privatise Channel 4. Again.

Tories trying to privatise Channel 4. Again.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The Tories are trying to privatise Channel 4 again. This time, given their majority, they'll likely get their way.

Channel 4 recently made the foolish mistake of actually asking Johnson real questions at the G7. And certain Tories are still pissed off at them for the time the Channel replaced Johnson with a melting ice sculpture at a climate debate when Johnson couldn't be bothered to turn up.

And yet, the line Tories are pushing is that they simply have to privatise C4 so it will gain the money to compete with the big streaming services. That's apparently the genuine excuse... I mean reason.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The Tories are trying to privatise Channel 4 again. This time, given their majority, they'll likely get their way.

Channel 4 recently made the foolish mistake of actually asking Johnson real questions at the G7. And certain Tories are still pissed off at them for the time the Channel replaced Johnson with a melting ice sculpture at a climate debate when Johnson couldn't be bothered to turn up.

And yet, the line Tories are pushing is that they simply have to privatise C4 so it will gain the money to compete with the big streaming services. That's apparently the genuine excuse... I mean reason."

im all for it hopefully he feels the same about the BBC look what money can do Netflix amazon

By *rishmocha2Couple  over a year ago

Beds

"The Tories are trying to privatise Channel 4 again. This time, given their majority, they'll likely get their way.

And yet, the line Tories are pushing is that they simply have to privatise C4 so it will gain the money to compete with the big streaming services. That's apparently the genuine excuse... I mean reason."

A publicly owned company, that funds itself & creates a profit that's reinvested in to programmes, but needs to be privatised to make it better?? Yeah, that makes lots of sense, where will the profits go after that?????

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

And yet, the line Tories are pushing is that they simply have to privatise C4 so it will gain the money to compete with the big streaming services. That's apparently the genuine excuse... I mean reason.

A publicly owned company, that funds itself & creates a profit that's reinvested in to programmes, but needs to be privatised to make it better?? Yeah, that makes lots of sense, where will the profits go after that?????"

To a Tory friend where else!!

We can’t have any tv stations challenging the one party state now can we!!

Boris is learning from the Chinese destruction of free media in Hong Kong!

Standards committee telling me off?? Not having that .. shut them down!

John Neil wants to ask a serious question. Well I think I’ll just going and hide in this fridge for a while.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

A publicly owned company, that funds itself & creates a profit that's reinvested in to programmes, but needs to be privatised to make it better?? Yeah, that makes lots of sense, where will the profits go after that?????

John Neil wants to ask a serious question. Well I think I’ll just going and hide in this fridge for a while. "

Channel 4 is being forced to shut down after executives and journalists are rounded up by the state and summarily locked up for no other reason than they are pro democracy ????

Hmmm …. didn’t think so.

Ridiculous to suggest this is the same as Apple Daily

Manchester

John Neil wants to ask a serious question. Well I think I’ll just going and hide in this fridge for a while.

Channel 4 is being forced to shut down after executives and journalists are rounded up by the state and summarily locked up for no other reason than they are pro democracy ????

Hmmm …. didn’t think so.

Ridiculous to suggest this is the same as Apple Daily "

It called exaggeration for effect you grumpy sod!!

Get a grip !

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Hmmm …. didn’t think so.

Get a grip ! "

You know as well as I do that around these parts it's always better to signpost exaggeration for dramatic effect with a suitable emoji, thus avoiding any confusion and

(Anyone interested in reading what is going on in HK re. Apple Daily etc. should find the pieces being written by Nathan Law)

Manchester

Hmmm …. didn’t think so.

Get a grip !

You know as well as I do that around these parts it's always better to signpost exaggeration for dramatic effect with a suitable emoji, thus avoiding any confusion and

(Anyone interested in reading what is going on in HK re. Apple Daily etc. should find the pieces being written by Nathan Law)"

Agree I should have put an emoji on my post too so apologies all round.

It’s scary stuff I know . We are supposed to be part of that deal and push back. We don’t have a chance as the West has given China all our cash to fund their global expansion and military strength.

Deflection has already kicked in on this thread, I see. Impressively quick.

A brief summary. Channel 4 tried to hold the Tories to account. Bad Channel 4. Bad! The Tories are trying to privatise Channel 4 to stop such dreadful behaviour.

(The Tories would also love to privatise the BBC. But so far they've settled with installing as BBC Director General a former Tory councillor and deputy chairman of the Hammersmith and Fulham Tory party.)

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Bring it on I say.

BBC next?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I love the way Tories often love to gloat about the likes of china and North Korea,yet wet their pants with excitement when alex tries to ban critical journalists, stifle criticism in the media and put restraints on protesting.

They really dont do self awareness do they?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

As a taxpayer, i'm astounded at salary levels at Channel 4.

The sooner its off taxpayers hands, the better!

» Add a new message to this topic