FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > OK, officially, fuck Brexit

OK, officially, fuck Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've had enough of this shit now. The business I work for used to sell a healthy amount into Europe, with a lot of loyal long term customers.

So I've dealt with the getting an EORI number and itemising every last fucking item on an invoice, average 15-20 minutes out of my day when it used to be literally 30 seconds slapping out a DPD label and putting it by the door. I got it, we now have to fill out correct customs declarations so that my customers in Europe get the privilege of being charged local VAT and clearance charges before their order even gets delivered.

And now, we need an IOSS number to go along with the VAT number and the EORI number, and unlike those, it looks like IOSS is handled by consultant agents who charge for it. Great. Can't fucking ship an order without a number somebody's gonna charge us to use.

I don't even fucking work in the food industry FFS, I can't imagine the hoops those poor fuckers are jumping through.

Long story short, this whole situation is utter fucking shite and is going to lead to the death of the UK as an exporting nation. It will bankrupt us by a thousand cuts. If you voted for it I hope you're fucking happy because if you come within arm's reach of me your nose will never look the same again. Dickheads.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice to see our friendly remainers threatening violence against 17m people

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

yeah a big hard keyboard warrior.

By *riendly older leggy wifeCouple  over a year ago

london

Your hard

Fuck the lot of you on your small island with your small minds. You just don't get it. This will eventually affect your pensions.

You can chuck all the insults you like, you are still wrong, and if you voted for it, it was for one reason. Xenophobia. You're pathetic.

near ipswich

pmsl

Good job on ignoring the 90% of the post talking about the practical difficulties facing export businesses though, and focussing purely on my rage.

Seriously. It will cripple Britain economically. Already most of our closest trading partners have trouble taking Britain seriously. I don't blame them.

Enjoy living in your failed state. I won't.

near ipswich

"Good job on ignoring the 90% of the post talking about the practical difficulties facing export businesses though, and focussing purely on my rage.

Seriously. It will cripple Britain economically. Already most of our closest trading partners have trouble taking Britain seriously. I don't blame them.

Enjoy living in your failed state. I won't. "

Why are you relocating?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Nice to see someone saying the truth about the situation. Brexit was never about the good of the UK, it was always about transferring power and money away from ordinary people into the hands of the ones that already had too much power and money.

There ain't no upside of brexit. There ain't no sunlit uplands. There ain't no benefit for ordinary folks. There ain't no benefit for fishermen, for farmers. There ain't no extra freedom. There ain't even no extra sovereignty.

Brexit was the venal leading the deluded. Brexit was the corrupt leading the cult followers. Brexit was and is the biggest act of malign influence causing a country to self harm that has ever occurred. Brexit was and is fuckwits following con men.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Nice to see someone saying the truth about the situation. Brexit was never about the good of the UK, it was always about transferring power and money away from ordinary people into the hands of the ones that already had too much power and money.

There ain't no upside of brexit. There ain't no sunlit uplands. There ain't no benefit for ordinary folks. There ain't no benefit for fishermen, for farmers. There ain't no extra freedom. There ain't even no extra sovereignty.

Brexit was the venal leading the deluded. Brexit was the corrupt leading the cult followers. Brexit was and is the biggest act of malign influence causing a country to self harm that has ever occurred. Brexit was and is fuckwits following con men."

liverpool

"Good job on ignoring the 90% of the post talking about the practical difficulties facing export businesses though, and focussing purely on my rage.

Unless it affects them personally, tories generally dont seem to give a toss.

Thatcherism in a nutshell.

london

Anyone else threatening to punch people in the face for voting brexit on here ?

"Nice to see someone saying the truth about the situation. Brexit was never about the good of the UK, it was always about transferring power and money away from ordinary people into the hands of the ones that already had too much power and money.

Brexit was the venal leading the deluded. Brexit was the corrupt leading the cult followers. Brexit was and is the biggest act of malign influence causing a country to self harm that has ever occurred. Brexit was and is fuckwits following con men."

You would have done so well if you hadnt called 17m people deluded, cult following fuckwits

And you lot wonder why you alienated enough people to say 'fuck you, I'll show you'

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Interesting how people who aren’t affected YET, laugh at someone who’s business is suffering .

I don’t condone the violence threats but the billions we are losing shows how stupid this all was.

Taking back control was the claim. The EU stopped the near dictatorship we have in this country because the EU had to accommodate a broad range of political views so everyone’s view had a voice. The U.K. more of a voice than most

Now all that’s happened is we have given Boris and his real vested interest backers total control of our lives which in reality means the rich elite will get richer and the rest of us will carry on picking up the bill.

People have no more control in fact it’s less it’s just a media illusion and too many people such as fishermen, farmers amongst others fell for it repeatedly .

Some were just racist towards immigration I believe so Brexit was a wet dream for those.

Sad indeed.

"You would have done so well if you hadnt called 17m people deluded, cult following fuckwits

And you lot wonder why you alienated enough people to say 'fuck you, I'll show you'"

We only called you fuckwits after the vote.

You got sold a total pup by Farage, so did Cameron. UKIP was never a serious threat to the Tories. They had what, one MP? And this pathetic excuse for a pressure group scared a supposedly grownup prime minister into botching a referendum that should at the very least have required a supermajority to upset what was a pretty comfortable economic applecart.

Overwrought rage aside, for which I should probably apologise, this was still a vote based on nativist xenophobia and against all reason.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Funny Nissan dont agree with you, but who the fuck are they! they should have run things past you first?

are you french? lol

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Pmsl i thought remainers were supposed to be the clever ones,we have one calling people fuckwits and anothee threatening violence,do you hold me responsible aswell? I didnt bother voting neither did a lot of other people,saying that the way the remain side talked down to people id have probably voted the oppisite to them

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Interesting how people who aren’t affected YET, laugh at someone who’s business is suffering .

I don’t condone the violence threats but the billions we are losing shows how stupid this all was.

Taking back control was the claim. The EU stopped the near dictatorship we have in this country because the EU had to accommodate a broad range of political views so everyone’s view had a voice. The U.K. more of a voice than most

Now all that’s happened is we have given Boris and his real vested interest backers total control of our lives which in reality means the rich elite will get richer and the rest of us will carry on picking up the bill.

People have no more control in fact it’s less it’s just a media illusion and too many people such as fishermen, farmers amongst others fell for it repeatedly .

Some were just racist towards immigration I believe so Brexit was a wet dream for those.

Sad indeed.

"

im not pro or anti..... but i do know a new way always takes a good few years, a new formula one team normally give themselves a good few years before they expect results.... !

Manchester

Enjoy living in your failed state. I won't.

Funny Nissan dont agree with you, but who the fuck are they! they should have run things past you first?

are you french? lol"

Nissan got a hand out to stay. They didn’t need one before . Same with Vauxhall and Jaguar .

They held the cards not Boris and he knew it.

"You would have done so well if you hadnt called 17m people deluded, cult following fuckwits

And you lot wonder why you alienated enough people to say 'fuck you, I'll show you'

You got sold a total pup by Farage, so did Cameron. UKIP was never a serious threat to the Tories. They had what, one MP? And this pathetic excuse for a pressure group scared a supposedly grownup prime minister into botching a referendum that should at the very least have required a supermajority to upset what was a pretty comfortable economic applecart.

Overwrought rage aside, for which I should probably apologise, this was still a vote based on nativist xenophobia and against all reason. "

There was plenty of labels thrown at would be Brexit voters way before that vote.

But hey, if you say you only started afterwards then that makes it OK.

Imagine saying you should apologise to then say people voted because they were Xenophobic in the same paragraph.

You actually couldn't write that shit if you tried.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Still can’t get a regular supply of the toothpaste I use as well fuckers.

If I meet any of you all I’m going to use stern language in your direction.

Manchester

"Interesting how people who aren’t affected YET, laugh at someone who’s business is suffering .

Sad indeed.

im not pro or anti..... but i do know a new way always takes a good few years, a new formula one team normally give themselves a good few years before they expect results.... ! "

I’m smiling as that is a terrible example to compare but thanks for the giggle

If the formula one team were losing money hand over fist they don’t survive long. It’s one of the biggest financial gambles in sport. But it’s ok the mechanics can get a job at Halfords as a last resort so all’s well with the world .

near ipswich

Overwrought rage aside, for which I should probably apologise, this was still a vote based on nativist xenophobia and against all reason.

There was plenty of labels thrown at would be Brexit voters way before that vote.

But hey, if you say you only started afterwards then that makes it OK.

Imagine saying you should apologise to then say people voted because they were Xenophobic in the same paragraph.

You actually couldn't write that shit if you tried."

Isn't it great one person telling 17.4 million people they are xenophobic and voted against all reason. and i thought Britain was one of the most diverse countries in Europe yet we are xenophobic how strange.

OK. Somebody show me the freewheeling buccaneering economic benefits then, apart from Nissan being given a massive backhander to stay, that your taxes will pay for.

You people do realise we don't have an empire any more, and no captive market of colonised countries, right? Being an EU member (and a powerful one even if we tried our damnedest to piss all the others off) was big, and beneficial in terms of pure trade freedom. We kicked that one in the nuts and are now crowing over having the privilege of flying Australian factory farmed beef halfway across the planet? Do me a favour.

"I've had enough of this shit now. The business I work for used to sell a healthy amount into Europe, with a lot of loyal long term customers.

So I've dealt with the getting an EORI number and itemising every last fucking item on an invoice, average 15-20 minutes out of my day when it used to be literally 30 seconds slapping out a DPD label and putting it by the door. I got it, we now have to fill out correct customs declarations so that my customers in Europe get the privilege of being charged local VAT and clearance charges before their order even gets delivered.

And now, we need an IOSS number to go along with the VAT number and the EORI number, and unlike those, it looks like IOSS is handled by consultant agents who charge for it. Great. Can't fucking ship an order without a number somebody's gonna charge us to use.

I don't even fucking work in the food industry FFS, I can't imagine the hoops those poor fuckers are jumping through.

Long story short, this whole situation is utter fucking shite and is going to lead to the death of the UK as an exporting nation. It will bankrupt us by a thousand cuts. If you voted for it I hope you're fucking happy because if you come within arm's reach of me your nose will never look the same again. Dickheads. "

Threatening violence because somone voted differently to you. Arnt you cool

liverpool

"I've had enough of this shit now. The business I work for used to sell a healthy amount into Europe, with a lot of loyal long term customers.

Long story short, this whole situation is utter fucking shite and is going to lead to the death of the UK as an exporting nation. It will bankrupt us by a thousand cuts. If you voted for it I hope you're fucking happy because if you come within arm's reach of me your nose will never look the same again. Dickheads.

Threatening violence because somone voted differently to you. Arnt you cool "

Well I suppose its preferable to murdering mps who you dont agree with.

liverpool

Slightly off topic..but you can only marvel at the logic of taking offence at being called xenophobic when our own home secretary actually breached the human rights for people in her care.

That's something to be proud of right there.

[Removed by poster at 27/07/21 21:10:04]

london

Off topic here as well then,

What about Blair sending the country to war with his lies ?

liverpool

"Off topic here as well then,

What about Blair sending the country to war with his lies ?"

Yeah just slightly off topic

london

You should know

liverpool

"You should know"

Indeed

Though if you want to do a thread on Blair I'm sure it will make a fascinating read

london

Not really,I couldn't stand the cunt

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Typical abusive Remainer.

The rest of the world manages to raise the necessary forms

"Typical abusive Remainer.

The rest of the world manages to raise the necessary forms"

Literally, I couldn't send a parcel to a long term EU customer today because of the new IOSS requirement. If you don't know what that is, shut the fuck up and stay out of what you know nothing about. If you have any practical advice on exports, be my guest to say something constructive and useful. Please. I'm all ears.

Spain, Lancs

Literally, I couldn't send a parcel to a long term EU customer today because of the new IOSS requirement. If you don't know what that is, shut the fuck up and stay out of what you know nothing about. If you have any practical advice on exports, be my guest to say something constructive and useful. Please. I'm all ears. "

Do you think the EU are doing their best to make it as difficult as possible? Or does the rest of the world have the same difficulty.

By the way, knock off the abuse. It's what people have come to see as typical of Remainers. You're not looking good

Literally, I couldn't send a parcel to a long term EU customer today because of the new IOSS requirement. If you don't know what that is, shut the fuck up and stay out of what you know nothing about. If you have any practical advice on exports, be my guest to say something constructive and useful. Please. I'm all ears.

Do you think the EU are doing their best to make it as difficult as possible? Or does the rest of the world have the same difficulty.

By the way, knock off the abuse. It's what people have come to see as typical of Remainers. You're not looking good"

I'm pissed off, that's why, at the idiots who bought the lie. If that's you then I'm pissed off at you too. I don't give a shit how good or bad it looks. In cold hard rational terms, speaking as somebody who deals with exports on a daily basis, Brexit was a monumental fuck up, sold to idiots by charlatans.

Spain, Lancs

We didn't buy a lie.

If you voted Remain you bought into very big lies

Yawn

"We didn't buy a lie.

If you voted Remain you bought into very big lies"

Oh there you go, you changed my mind by contradicting me. Got any hard evidence to back that up, because I have an unfulfilled order that should have gone out the door today? That's money sat on the floor I'll probably have to refund and lose a long term customer to a within-EU supplier.

You know how larger UK businesses, who can afgord it, are setting up registered and domiciled and paying tax within the EU shipping hubs? Why do you think that is? Because Britain is fast becoming an irrelevance and a stupid place from which to do business, that's why.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

Long story short, this whole situation is utter fucking shite and is going to lead to the death of the UK as an exporting nation. It will bankrupt us by a thousand cuts. If you voted for it I hope you're fucking happy because if you come within arm's reach of me your nose will never look the same again. Dickheads. "

so in 2 minds about it all then

"We didn't buy a lie.

Oh there you go, you changed my mind by contradicting me. Got any hard evidence to back that up, because I have an unfulfilled order that should have gone out the door today? That's money sat on the floor I'll probably have to refund and lose a long term customer to a within-EU supplier.

You know how larger UK businesses, who can afgord it, are setting up registered and domiciled and paying tax within the EU shipping hubs? Why do you think that is? Because Britain is fast becoming an irrelevance and a stupid place from which to do business, that's why. "

I'm a little confused. I understand you're pissed off about the extra paperwork etc. but are you saying you weren't aware of the IOSS until today and that has stopped your order in its tracks?

near ipswich

By the way, knock off the abuse. It's what people have come to see as typical of Remainers. You're not looking good

I'm pissed off, that's why, at the idiots who bought the lie. If that's you then I'm pissed off at you too. I don't give a shit how good or bad it looks. In cold hard rational terms, speaking as somebody who deals with exports on a daily basis, Brexit was a monumental fuck up, sold to idiots by charlatans. "

Right so now we are idiots as well as being xenophobic, can you get anymore insulting?

Spain, Lancs

"We didn't buy a lie.

You know how larger UK businesses, who can afgord it, are setting up registered and domiciled and paying tax within the EU shipping hubs? Why do you think that is? Because Britain is fast becoming an irrelevance and a stupid place from which to do business, that's why.

I'm a little confused. I understand you're pissed off about the extra paperwork etc. but are you saying you weren't aware of the IOSS until today and that has stopped your order in its tracks?"

This. I think he's just been reading some 'talking points' on some ridiculous Remainer website

What clever wordsworths we have on here who enjoy twisting what people say to suit their own petty ends.

Brexit sucks. It has not given the UK one benifit.

Brexiteers do nothing but lie.

Oven ready deal.

Cake and eat it.

Total rubbish.

Total disaster and those who voted for it are living in a fantasy world.

Global Britain my arse.

Little England with an inflated ego that has gone to the dogs more like.

The UK cannot even honour the treaty that they put together.

But, carry on chaps.

Try to tell us how good it is.

Oh, I know, you can't expect things to be good after only 6 months.

Things won't be good again in our lifetime!

Blame Covid, the EU or your Aunty Mary for all the problems but the reality is that it is the stupid decision to leave the EU.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

“Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future.“

Stockport

Brexit was the venal leading the deluded. Brexit was the corrupt leading the cult followers. Brexit was and is the biggest act of malign influence causing a country to self harm that has ever occurred. Brexit was and is fuckwits following con men.

You would have done so well if you hadnt called 17m people deluded, cult following fuckwits

And you lot wonder why you alienated enough people to say 'fuck you, I'll show you'"

And you lot who have caused the crippling of this country and refuse to take the slightest blame for it or even to admit that you might even have been a teensy weensy bit wrong, wonder why some of us have nothing left to do now except get angry. We have spent five years patiently being understanding, explaining, asking for rational arguments. We've got back zip, squat, zilch. Not one rational valid economic reason for doing it, ever. Not one valid rational argument for reducing my human rights, ever. Not one valid political reason for destroying my grandkids possibilities of thinking big in Europe.

Were 17 m people voting brexit right? Nope, it's been a disaster, they fell for the scam, they were deluded.

Are most of them still believers even after it has manifestly failed, even when one by one all the problems are kicking them in the nuts? Yup, they still believe the scam, they are still following the cult.

Fuckwits? Yes, I was too harsh there. Some are clearly very intelligent. Unfortunately intelligent people can still be deluded and sucked in by cults.

I'll rephrase my comment. Brexit was and is reality deniers failing to see through con men.

And breathe now Polly! Leave it alone, isn't going to change anything, may as well argue with the door frame. Peace and love everyone, hugs to everyone that is struggling. Polly xxx

Spain, Lancs

"What clever wordsworths we have on here who enjoy twisting what people say to suit their own petty ends.

Oven ready deal.

Cake and eat it.

Total rubbish.

Global Britain my arse.

But, carry on chaps.

Blame Covid, the EU or your Aunty Mary for all the problems but the reality is that it is the stupid decision to leave the EU.

"

You make my point about Remainer arrogance very well indeed

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

I voted for Brexit and would do so again. I am not stupid, racist or bigoted in any way. I accept there are plusses and minuses and I'm ok with that as were the majority of those who cast their vote. And there you have it, in a nutshell.

Stockport

"I voted for Brexit and would do so again. I am not stupid, racist or bigoted in any way. I accept there are plusses and minuses and I'm ok with that as were the majority of those who cast their vote. And there you have it, in a nutshell."

Please tell us about these plusses...

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"I voted for Brexit and would do so again. I am not stupid, racist or bigoted in any way."

Manchester

"I voted for Brexit and would do so again. I am not stupid, racist or bigoted in any way. I accept there are plusses and minuses and I'm ok with that as were the majority of those who cast their vote. And there you have it, in a nutshell.

Please tell us about these plusses..."

Yes I’m all ears for this list!!

Spain, Lancs

"I voted for Brexit and would do so again. I am not stupid, racist or bigoted in any way. I accept there are plusses and minuses and I'm ok with that as were the majority of those who cast their vote. And there you have it, in a nutshell.

Yes I’m all ears for this list!! "

No, you're not all ears.

You will have been told thousands of times. Perhaps you weren't listening

Manchester

No, you're not all ears.

You will have been told thousands of times. Perhaps you weren't listening"

Maybe I’m deaf

Please refresh my memory with the long list!

It should be easy to pick a handful at least!

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

No, you're not all ears.

And it's irrelevant now. The issue has been dealt with and the majority of this democratic society has decided. You would do much better accepting that, embracing the situation, and moving on

Bristol

Yes I’m all ears for this list!! "

The plusses are all on the EU’s side unfortunately - as predicted, we are ending up with all the minuses. Unless you regard getting blue passports as a plus, that is.

Bristol

No, you're not all ears.

And it's irrelevant now. The issue has been dealt with and the majority of this democratic society has decided. You would do much better accepting that, embracing the situation, and moving on"

Naturally the people who caused the catastrophe want everyone else to move on, and not bring up the uncomfortable realities of what they are responsible for.

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Neve a truer word spoke. And those Brexidiots fell for the biggest con ever committed by a neoliberal elite on the people. Even Cummings admits now that Brexit was a mistake - it was all just a game to win for him.

Spain, Lancs

No, you're not all ears.

Maybe I’m deaf

"

I suggest you use the internet. The advantages are there. You'll have seen them lots of times but maybe your mind is closed?

So you're reduced to playing bitter little games, trying to get other people to do your research for you.

You hope they won't bother with you...so you can then crow that they couldn't answer your questions.

Ridiculous

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Well said fucking Brexit is a load of bollocks, Boris and his cabinet cretins cant even get it right now they want it changing the deal what he rushed through.

Those who voted for brexit just have got know idea what crap it as caused for business and those who reliant on European workers.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

The plusses are all on the EU’s side unfortunately - as predicted, we are ending up with all the minuses. Unless you regard getting blue passports as a plus, that is. "

You are right dont forget the Blue passport what a fantastic bonus but lost freedom of movement.

Manchester

No, you're not all ears.

And it's irrelevant now. The issue has been dealt with and the majority of this democratic society has decided. You would do much better accepting that, embracing the situation, and moving on"

So that’s a clear no you haven’t got a clue of any benefits!! Glad we cleared that up.

It’s hard to move on as the costs for my exports continue to rise jeopardising U.K. jobs. . Costs are going up across the board and no new international deal has really helped at all.

The Japanese deal heralded as a true winner.. at a ratio of four to one in favour of Japan that’s not great for our balance of payments is it.. hmmm.. Australia as it turns out can export cheap shittier food to us as the rules state best intentions and strive towards animal husbandry. More Lizzy lies.. India deal looks like more cheap imports which we don’t need and cheaper labour which undermines pay rates. ( Study Dubai for this scenario)

No chance of our financial sector having a deal anytime soon either .

A country that is so reliant on financial services but its not included in the oven ready deal. That’s ok we are keeping our tax haven status so maybe they can cream that still .

One final point on your democracy comment. . Now whether you vote Tory or labour I don’t care we do not have a functioning democracy when 30% of the vote results in a near dictatorship status. Leaving the EU has strengthened the elites grip of your future. You have less say in reality than ever. The plans to curtail journalists and the Supreme Court are just sinister. You should question your belief if you think that’s a good sign of democracy.

It’s a whole other discussion. Actually on another post thread.

Manchester

No, you're not all ears.

Maybe I’m deaf

I suggest you use the internet. The advantages are there. You'll have seen them lots of times but maybe your mind is closed?

So you're reduced to playing bitter little games, trying to get other people to do your research for you.

You hope they won't bother with you...so you can then crow that they couldn't answer your questions.

Ridiculous"

You can write all those lines but no benefits. Do my research? . Just give me five as a favour to my ignorance!

.. I can list negatives coming out if my deaf ears as I trade internationally and see the damage first hand .

By *dysseusukMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"What clever wordsworths we have on here who enjoy twisting what people say to suit their own petty ends.

Oven ready deal.

Cake and eat it.

Total rubbish.

Global Britain my arse.

But, carry on chaps.

You make my point about Remainer arrogance very well indeed"

In this case, I'm much rather be perceived as arrogant than actually be stupid. The Dunning-Kruger effect going on here - cognitive bias of illusory superiority deriving from an inability to recognise their own lack of ability.

Spain, Lancs

What incredibly sad people Remainers are. Stuck in an echo chamber, repeating their dishonest "talking points' endlessly to each other.

Group thinkers

Spain, Lancs

You really have to move on with your lives

Manchester

"What incredibly sad people Remainers are. Stuck in an echo chamber, repeating their dishonest "talking points' endlessly to each other.

Group thinkers"

More insulting rhetoric but no actual answers. I’m not sad I’m only sad that you actually believe the country is better off and yet you cannot name 5 reasons as to why that is. You must understand the reasons for your determined vote!

You write dross and no facts. Boris has groomed you well!

Spain, Lancs

"What incredibly sad people Remainers are. Stuck in an echo chamber, repeating their dishonest "talking points' endlessly to each other.

Group thinkers

More insulting rhetoric but no actual answers. I’m not sad I’m only sad that you actually believe the country is better off and yet you cannot name 5 reasons as to why that is. You must understand the reasons for your determined vote!

You write dross and no facts. Boris has groomed you well! "

You've been given answers thousands of times over the years.

Maybe you have your fingers in your ears, wailing loudly

Bristol

"You really have to move on with your lives"

‘We’ve driven the bus off the cliff with you onboard, but that’s done now, just forget about it and move on with your lives. Embrace the refreshing sea water that’s coming in through the windows. Hang about, a surprise tour of the bottom of the ocean...I think we found a benefit at last!’

Manchester

Group thinkers

You write dross and no facts. Boris has groomed you well!

You've been given answers thousands of times over the years.

Maybe you have your fingers in your ears, wailing loudly "

Repeat five for me! It’s a very simple request snd you must have known the benefits you can share with this negative poster to put me in my place!

Otherwise I will have to believe your comments are empty of substance yet again.

Manchester

"You really have to move on with your lives

‘We’ve driven the bus off the cliff with you onboard, but that’s done now, just forget about it and move on with your lives. Embrace the refreshing sea water that’s coming in through the windows. Hang about, a surprise tour of the bottom of the ocean...I think we found a benefit at last!’ "

I enjoy a good scuba diving session . I used to love popping over to my villa but now I have count the days so I don’t get nailed on my days. Maybe the benefit is my maths will improve. Yes that’s it! Maths is the benefit.

Spain, Lancs

I know your sad little game though.

You challenge people to waste their time with answers you won't even read.

You do it so that when they refuse to play you can gleefully crow that they didn't have answers.

Pathetic

Maybe a new bus is needed, emblazoned with the words: "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

I wonder if that would get through to any voters who, to take a random example, dig in their heels and insist they knew exactly what they voted for and they weren't tricked or conned or anything like that, nosiree. (Or Trump voters, for that matter.)

Spain, Lancs

"You really have to move on with your lives

‘We’ve driven the bus off the cliff with you onboard, but that’s done now, just forget about it and move on with your lives. Embrace the refreshing sea water that’s coming in through the windows. Hang about, a surprise tour of the bottom of the ocean...I think we found a benefit at last!’

I enjoy a good scuba diving session . I used to love popping over to my villa but now I have count the days so I don’t get nailed on my days. Maybe the benefit is my maths will improve. Yes that’s it! Maths is the benefit. "

Why shouldn't you count the days? You wouldn't expect to go to Japan, would you, and just be allowed to move in?

Why should they allow that?

Spain, Lancs

"Maybe a new bus is needed, emblazoned with the words: "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

I wonder if that would get through to any voters who, to take a random example, dig in their heels and insist they knew exactly what they voted for and they weren't tricked or conned or anything like that, nosiree. (Or Trump voters, for that matter.)"

I think it was Orwell (I stand to be corrected) who said that.

It applies today to Remain voters

"Maybe a new bus is needed, emblazoned with the words: "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."

I wonder if that would get through to any voters who, to take a random example, dig in their heels and insist they knew exactly what they voted for and they weren't tricked or conned or anything like that, nosiree. (Or Trump voters, for that matter.)

It applies today to Remain voters"

It tends to be attributed to Twain.

Remind me, how were remain voters tricked into voting for Brexit?

"I know your sad little game though.

You do it so that when they refuse to play you can gleefully crow that they didn't have answers.

Pathetic"

This is terribly ironic, by the way. I provided information and links on another thread, that one talking about Putin potentially getting Trump elected. You ignored that information.

Yup, company i work for had a pallette load of goods that had to be processed in the same way, and it had a Belfast postcode on it.

Spain, Lancs

Remind me, how were remain voters tricked into voting for Brexit?"

Remain voters foolishly voted to Remain. By definition

Spain, Lancs

Pathetic

This is terribly ironic, by the way. I provided information and links on another thread, that one talking about Putin potentially getting Trump elected. You ignored that information."

I didn't ignore it. I had earlier answered it...but then you came up with loads more points which were all based on lack of context.

At this point read my repeated remarks about the games sad Remainers play so they can gleefully crow that their opponents couldn't answer their points.

What on earth does that add to debate?

Remain voters foolishly voted to Remain. By definition"

And how were they fooled? They were told Brexit would be shit. Brexit turned out to be shit. Seems pretty accurate.

Manchester

Pathetic"

More dross Adrian I am only asking for facts!

I will study your answers with interest as your knowledgable insights may help recover the millions in added costs we’re paying. Yes that’s a fact! So now your turn!

Five please as you say there are lots it should be easy!

In all honesty I genuinely do hope there are benefits along at some point. It won’t bother me as I’m sorted but our children will have to cope with this mess and they will be worse off than their European cousins with the lack of free movement trade and added costs to everything.

I do know you don’t have any benefits to list Adrian so don’t stress and have a good night .

it’s never personal. We all have our beliefs. it’s just I’m paying for other peoples and soon they will be paying because we’re not sucking on the loss of margin going forward.

Pathetic

This is terribly ironic, by the way. I provided information and links on another thread, that one talking about Putin potentially getting Trump elected. You ignored that information.

I didn't ignore it. I had earlier answered it...but then you came up with loads more points which were all based on lack of context.

At this point read my repeated remarks about the games sad Remainers play so they can gleefully crow that their opponents couldn't answer their points.

What on earth does that add to debate?"

Just highlighting hypocrisy. (And you really didn't read the information I highlighted there at all. You also didn't acknowledge facts about Trump and his election.)

Anyway, I don't wish to derail a thread about the joys of Brexit. I'm eagerly awaiting hearing all the wonderful benefits...

Spain, Lancs

Remain voters foolishly voted to Remain. By definition

And how were they fooled? They were told Brexit would be shit. Brexit turned out to be shit. Seems pretty accurate."

Weren't they told that the EU was simply a trade bloc? Weren't they told the EU was democratic? Weren't they told it was racist to want to leave?

Weren't they told that there were approximately the same number of UK citizens in the EU as vice versa?

Weren't they told that EU immigration had no downward pressure on wages?

Weren't they told that house prices would collapse? And that drugs and food would run out?

Or that syphilis would spread? And that only the EU guaranteed prosperity?

Please answer these points

Spain, Lancs

Pathetic

Just highlighting hypocrisy. (And you really didn't read the information I highlighted there at all. You also didn't acknowledge facts about Trump and his election.)

Anyway, I don't wish to derail a thread about the joys of Brexit. I'm eagerly awaiting hearing all the wonderful benefits..."

You've been told of the benefits of Brexit thousands of times. Perhaps you don't listen because it would threaten your prejudices?

Pathetic

Anyway, I don't wish to derail a thread about the joys of Brexit. I'm eagerly awaiting hearing all the wonderful benefits...

You've been told of the benefits of Brexit thousands of times. Perhaps you don't listen because it would threaten your prejudices?"

Really? What tangible benefits have we seen to offset all the shit that came with Brexit?

(And on your above comment, you're the one making those claims. So feel free to prove em.)

Spain, Lancs

Pathetic

You've been told of the benefits of Brexit thousands of times. Perhaps you don't listen because it would threaten your prejudices?

Really? What tangible benefits have we seen to offset all the shit that came with Brexit?

(And on your above comment, you're the one making those claims. So feel free to prove em.)"

Can you answer my points please?

I realise you may need to visit a Remainer website to find some propagandistic 'talking points'

Pathetic

(And on your above comment, you're the one making those claims. So feel free to prove em.)

I realise you may need to visit a Remainer website to find some propagandistic 'talking points'"

To quote somebody from above who was called Adrian:

Pathetic"

Spain, Lancs

Pathetic

I realise you may need to visit a Remainer website to find some propagandistic 'talking points'

Pathetic""

Ah, you get the point. At last.

What a cheap little game you were suckered into

PS still waiting to hear about these amazing Brexit benefits...

Pathetic

Pathetic"

What a cheap little game you were suckered into "

Just pointing out hypocrisy. Again. And irony.

Spain, Lancs

"PS still waiting to hear about these amazing Brexit benefits..."

Can you answer my questions about claims by Remain?

If you want to understand Brexit use the internet. You will have had it explained to you thousands of times. Maybe you don't listen? Or read

Spain, Lancs

Pathetic

Pathetic"

Just pointing out hypocrisy. Again. And irony."

Where is the irony? I have pointed out a device you use

"PS still waiting to hear about these amazing Brexit benefits...

Can you answer my questions about claims by Remain?

If you want to understand Brexit use the internet. You will have had it explained to you thousands of times. Maybe you don't listen? Or read"

Got it. You can't say any Brexit benefits.

And I did answer your question above, in your inimitable way. How ironic.

Pathetic

Pathetic"

Where is the irony? I have pointed out a device you use"

How ironic...

Spain, Lancs

Pathetic

Pathetic"

Where is the irony? I have pointed out a device you use

How ironic..."

Where is the irony? I have pointed out the game you play...and questioned whether you anti-democrats are in good faith (you're not)

Where is the irony?

Whoooooosh.

Anyway, try to stay on topic. A mod will just delete loads of this stuff otherwise. Brexit is shit. If you think it isn't, prove otherwise.

Spain, Lancs

"Whoooooosh.

Anyway, try to stay on topic. A mod will just delete loads of this stuff otherwise. Brexit is shit. If you think it isn't, prove otherwise."

Independence is great. If you think otherwise please provide evidence.

Otherwise please address ..on behalf of anti-democrats...the issues I raise above about Remainer lies

Things Brexit has fucked so far:

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

The road haulage industry.

Food supply chains have been weakened.

Food is rotting in the fields, due to a lack of pickers.

Spain, Lancs

"Things Brexit has fucked so far:

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

Food is rotting in the fields, due to a lack of pickers."

It's quite clear you're not going to address the issues I raised above.

And then you throw in a load of other stuff . Will you address the Remainder lies I mentioned above? Can you do that?

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

And then you throw in a load of other stuff . Will you address the Remainder lies I mentioned above? Can you do that?"

I did address your issues. By quoting your own words. How ironic.

And this is a thread about the shittiness of Brexit. I just listed several concrete examples of Brexit damage. Which you ignored. Again, how ironic.

Spain, Lancs

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

And then you throw in a load of other stuff . Will you address the Remainder lies I mentioned above? Can you do that?

And this is a thread about the shittiness of Brexit. I just listed several concrete examples of Brexit damage. Which you ignored. Again, how ironic."

No you haven't. Read the thread again.

May I try to make it easier for you? Do you think there has been upward or downward pressure on wages by the EU's free movement?

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

And this is a thread about the shittiness of Brexit. I just listed several concrete examples of Brexit damage. Which you ignored. Again, how ironic.

May I try to make it easier for you? Do you think there has been upward or downward pressure on wages by the EU's free movement?"

Pathetic"

There's my answer. I'm quoting directly from a chap called Adrian.

This is a waste of time, though, as fun as it is.

Back on topic.

Brexit is shit. That's the point of the thread. If you think it isn't shit, tell us all of the wonderful ways it benefits us. And bear in mind I listed concrete examples of damage Brexit has already done.

Spain, Lancs

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

May I try to make it easier for you? Do you think there has been upward or downward pressure on wages by the EU's free movement?

Pathetic"

There's my answer. I'm quoting directly from a chap called Adrian."

Let me try again: employers favour the EU's free movement. Do you think:

a) they expect this will force down wage levels;

b) they expect this will force up wage levels?

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

Pathetic"

There's my answer. I'm quoting directly from a chap called Adrian.

Let me try again: employers favour the EU's free movement. Do you think:

a) they expect this will force down wage levels;

b) they expect this will force up wage levels?"

You know what's coming... you can feel it... It's a direct quote from a very special chap called Adrian...

Spain, Lancs

Do you think the employers hope the EU's mass immigration will:

a) force up wage levels;

b) force down wage levels?

You seem to be wriggling

Look, I'll be kind. If you wanna talk about remainer lies, start a thread about it. But you keep veering off topic. This will just all get deleted at this rate. Please try and stay on topic.

Brexit is shit. Examples have been given, proof that Brexit is shit. If you think Brexit isn't shit, prove it.

Spain, Lancs

"Look, I'll be kind. If you wanna talk about remainer lies, start a thread about it. But you keep veering off topic. This will just all get deleted at this rate. Please try and stay on topic.

Brexit is shit. Examples have been given, proof that Brexit is shit. If you think Brexit isn't shit, prove it."

I'm sorry. I have to press you for an answer on this.

Does EU mass immigration, supported by employers:

a) add upward pressure on wages;

b) add downward pressure on wages?

"Look, I'll be kind. If you wanna talk about remainer lies, start a thread about it. But you keep veering off topic. This will just all get deleted at this rate. Please try and stay on topic.

Brexit is shit. Examples have been given, proof that Brexit is shit. If you think Brexit isn't shit, prove it.

b) add downward pressure on wages?"

Press away, my friend. I'll simply reply with that Adrian quote you love so much.

Spain, Lancs

Press away, my friend. I'll simply reply with that Adrian quote you love so much."

You must have views on it

Spain, Lancs

Press away, my friend. I'll simply reply with that Adrian quote you love so much.

You must have views on it"

Press away, my friend. I'll simply reply with that Adrian quote you love so much."

You must have views on it

Press away, my friend. I'll simply reply with that Adrian quote you love so much.""

Start a thread on the topic since you're so interested in it.I'll reply to it there.

But this is a thread about Brexit shittiness. You're completely ignoring the point of this thread. If Brexit isn't shitty, prove it.

Spain, Lancs

Don't you think you should care about your fellows being reduced into poverty?

I think it's disgraceful.

What do you think?

Spain, Lancs

You do realise that, since the employers were denied access to Romanian and Polish lorry drivers, that agency rates paid for lorry drivers have increased by 50%

I think, as a Brexiteer, that that is wonderful. Decades of abuse and exploitation finally unwinding.

Your views on that?

"Don't you think you should care about your fellows being reduced into poverty?

What do you think?"

Absolutely I care about rising poverty rates. That's a reason not to vote for Tories. Poverty rates skyrocketed while they were in power.

Poverty's also a reason - maybe the key reason - Brexit turned out to be shit. I listed several examples of economic Brexit damage above. Which you totally ignored.

"You do realise that, since the employers were denied access to Romanian and Polish lorry drivers, that agency rates paid for lorry drivers have increased by 50%

I think, as a Brexiteer, that that is wonderful. Decades of abuse and exploitation finally unwinding.

Your views on that?"

And we're facing a huge shortfall in lorry drivers now, since we lost so many EU drivers. That's placing huge strain on food supply chains.

Spain, Lancs

What do you think?

Absolutely I care about rising poverty rates. That's a reason not to vote for Tories. Poverty rates skyrocketed while they were in power.

Poverty's also a reason - maybe the key reason - Brexit turned out to be shit. I listed several examples of economic Brexit damage above. Which you totally ignored."

No you don't care. You oppose rising pay rates and you favour a mechanism...the EU...that forces pay down.

You don't care at all.

Are you aware that pay rates are also increasing now for cleaners? Because the employers 'reserve army of labour' is now being cut off?

How does backing exploiters of labour show you care?

What do you think?

Poverty's also a reason - maybe the key reason - Brexit turned out to be shit. I listed several examples of economic Brexit damage above. Which you totally ignored.

No you don't care. You oppose rising pay rates and you favour a mechanism...the EU...that forces pay down.

You don't care at all.

Are you aware that pay rates are also increasing now for cleaners? Because the employers 'reserve army of labour' is now being cut off?

How does backing exploiters of labour show you care?"

Damnit you got me. I'm actually Smaug the dragon from the Hobbit. And I'm sitting on my mountain of gold here. I gotta keep all them humans and dwarves and elves oppressed so they won't come here to nick all my gold!

Spain, Lancs

What do you think?

You don't care at all.

Damnit you got me. I'm actually Smaug the dragon from the Hobbit. And I'm sitting on my mountain of gold here. I gotta keep all them humans and dwarves and elves oppressed so they won't come here to nick all my gold!"

Can you answer?

Spain, Lancs

What do you think?

You don't care at all.

Damnit you got me. I'm actually Smaug the dragon from the Hobbit. And I'm sitting on my mountain of gold here. I gotta keep all them humans and dwarves and elves oppressed so they won't come here to nick all my gold!

Can you answer?"

And would you like me to tell you about lorry drivers?

What do you think?

You don't care at all.

Can you answer?"

Roooargghhhhhh! I am Smaug, bane of humans. I am the fire and the fury. Thou hast uncovered my true form.

And, yay, I am a fan of Brexit. I yearn to see all the tears of those pathetic starving humans. I yearn to laugh and frolic, rolling among my boundless gold as they become broken and moneyless.

Truly, thou hast found me out.

Spain, Lancs

What do you think?

You don't care at all.

Can you answer?

And would you like me to tell you about lorry drivers?"

Do you even care about them? Or are you only concerned about playing silly games?

What do you think?

You don't care at all.

Can you answer?

And would you like me to tell you about lorry drivers?

Do you even care about them? Or are you only concerned about playing silly games?"

Verily, I did state above that I dislike poverty and that those evil Tories and Brexit that hath caused poverty. But thou didst ignore me.

So now thou hast raised my true dragon form. And in this form, I am all about the fire and gold raaaargh.

Spain, Lancs

Thank you. I think you've made the Remainder position very clear indeed

"Thank you. I think you've made the Remainder position very clear indeed"

Verily. For the world doth know all remainers are secretly pretend dragons on a shagging forum.

And now, methinks I hear a hobbit sneaking in to steal my gold! Douubtless a treacherous poor person!

I must fly off to flame them!

Raaaaaaaaarggh!

Spain, Lancs

"Thank you. I think you've made the Remainder position very clear indeed

Verily. For the world doth know all remainers are secretly pretend dragons on a shagging forum.

And now, methinks I hear a hobbit sneaking in to steal my gold! Douubtless a treacherous poor person!

I must fly off to flame them!

Raaaaaaaaarggh!"

Hmm. Revealing in ways you can't imagine.

May I suggest you kick the employers Remainer BS into touch? They're not your friends

(Back briefly from my hobbit flaming. Adrian, if you want a real debate, best not to call people liars when they give their views. When I gave my view of key causes of poverty above, you told me I don't care. Effectively calling me a liar. That's when I stopped taking you remotely seriously.)

Spain, Lancs

"(Back briefly from my hobbit flaming. Adrian, if you want a real debate, best not to call people liars when they give their views. When I gave my view of key causes of poverty above, you told me I don't care. Effectively calling me a liar. That's when I stopped taking you remotely seriously.)"

I haven't called you a liar.

But you care nothing about poverty. You support a wage suppression machine...that is the cause of poverty.

You referred earlier to a shortage of lorry drivers.

Do you want me to tell you about lorry drivers?

"(Back briefly from my hobbit flaming. Adrian, if you want a real debate, best not to call people liars when they give their views. When I gave my view of key causes of poverty above, you told me I don't care. Effectively calling me a liar. That's when I stopped taking you remotely seriously.)

I haven't called you a liar.

But you care nothing about poverty. You support a wage suppression machine...that is the cause of poverty.

You referred earlier to a shortage of lorry drivers.

Do you want me to tell you about lorry drivers?"

I care deeply about poverty. I told you above. I also told you poverty has skyrocketed under the Tories. You ignored that. I listed various economic hits the country has taken because of Brexit. You ignored that too.

And now you're telling me I don't care about poverty again. You're basically calling me a liar once more.

*sigh*

The dragon is coming back...

I Smaug doth proclaim, I seeth the future. I see in the swirling mists thou will state these drivers of lorries shall be paid more. And that is a bonus for this ruinous Brexit.

Verily, drivers of lorries shall be paid more. But that doth not forgive the other ruins. Food chains are strained to near breaking. And other goods shall be harder to get too. All this may well mean prices of greatness in shops for all the human buyers. And it may well mean some things are ungettable. Humans may well face shortages of their foods.

And these drivers of lorries are having their rules relaxed. They shall be expected to drive for longer hours. This may well result in more accidents in which the fleshy humans can expire. Also, it is planned driivers of lorries shall be allowed to drive without passing the usual test of strictness first. Again , this is dangerous.

I Smaug hath spoken. I lieth not raaaargh!

Imagine if there were 1 doctor in the country. Just 1. He could command a huge wage. But it wouldn't be great for all the country, would it?

Spain, Lancs

Ok. This may upset your prejudice.

There is no shortage of lorry drivers in the UK.

There are 75,000 registered, licensed drivers who employers have forced from their jobs.

First the employers recruited Poles who bwould work for less money. UK drivers were pushed aside.

Then the poles wanted more money.

So the employers signed up recruitment agencies in Romania. That forced wages down further.

Many Romanians have now gone back to Romania...and the employers are crawling on their hands and knees to lure UK drivers back.

They are now paying agencies 50% more to try to lure drivers back.

Many drivers, and no-one should blame them, are still refusing to go back to such rubbish employers.

This is the EU in microcosm...the friend of the exploitative employer.

There are plenty of drivers...the EU has empowered employers to force th from the industry.

And yet you support them? And you claim to oppose poverty?

Look at yourself

"Ok. This may upset your prejudice.

There are 75,000 registered, licensed drivers who employers have forced from their jobs.

First the employers recruited Poles who bwould work for less money. UK drivers were pushed aside.

So the employers signed up recruitment agencies in Romania. That forced wages down further.

Many Romanians have now gone back to Romania...and the employers are crawling on their hands and knees to lure UK drivers back.

Many drivers, and no-one should blame them, are still refusing to go back to such rubbish employers.

There are plenty of drivers...the EU has empowered employers to force th from the industry.

Look at yourself"

Hmmm so why does the news say there's a chronic shortage of drivers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57983698

Now I don't know who to believe. Should I believe the news or the guy who keeps effectively calling me a liar by insisting I don't care about poverty?

I'm further confused since the road haulage association wrote a letter to Johnson, highlighting "the need for action on the crippling effects of the current HGV driver shortage"

https://www.rha.uk.net/News/News-Blogs-and-Press-Releases/press-releases/detail/driver-shortage-rha-and-freight-industry-write-to-prime-minister-boris-johnson

Spain, Lancs

Look at yourself

Hmmm so why does the news say there's a chronic shortage of drivers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57983698

Now I don't know who to believe. Should I believe the news or the guy who keeps effectively calling me a liar by insisting I don't care about poverty?"

Yes, you should believe me...and sup supporting the employers.

There is NO shortage of drivers in the UK. They have been forced out of work by employers who have recruited low-cost EU labour.

They realise their mistake and are increasing wages. They will have to go further yet before balance is restored.

Good for the drivers. They're getting justice at last.

Why do you support the EU?

You really do ignore reality when it's shown to you. Please read the links above. The BBC one mentioning the shortage of drivers. And the letter from the road haulage organisation talking about the chronic shortage of drivers.

And you still say there's no shortage of drivers.

Astonishing.

Spain, Lancs

The Road Haulage Association are the people who have profited from cheap labour

"The Road Haulage Association are the people who have profited from cheap labour"

Yep you can't trust anything the road haulage association says about road haulage.

Spain, Lancs

"The Road Haulage Association are the people who have profited from cheap labour

Yep you can't trust anything the road haulage association says about road haulage.

"

Check out who they represent. A clue: you'll find it's the employers. The people who have used cheap labour to force UK drivers into poverty or unemployment.

Drivers know more than you think. They're not stupid... they're pushing wages up now and it's going well for them.

You oppose that?

Spain, Lancs

[Removed by poster at 28/07/21 02:50:18]

Spain, Lancs

"The Road Haulage Association are the people who have profited from cheap labour

Check out who they represent. A clue: you'll find it's the employers. The people who have used cheap labour to force UK drivers into poverty or unemployment.

Drivers know more than you think. They're not stupid... they're pushing wages up now and it's going well for them.

You oppose that?"

So the BBC and the RHA are both lying about the chronic lack of drivers? This is big news! Get yourself on GB News at once!

As for pay, everybody wants more pay.

But you really think drivers want less safe working conditions, being forced to work longer hours?

And none of that adresses - I'll say it again - the chronic shortage of drivers we have.

Spain, Lancs

"Does EU mass immigration, supported by employers:

b) add downward pressure on wages?"

Does it matter what I say? If it's something you don't like, you ignore facts and imply I'm a liar.

Spain, Lancs

Does it matter what I say? If it's something you don't like, you ignore facts and imply I'm a liar."

Just answer it

Does it matter what I say? If it's something you don't like, you ignore facts and imply I'm a liar.

Just answer it"

Sure thing. As soon as you answer the maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany things you've been asked but have ignored.

Spain, Lancs

Just answer it

Sure thing. As soon as you answer the maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany things you've been asked but have ignored."

May I give you a basic lesson in economics?

Workers have always known that, when there is over-supply of workers, employers will use that to force down wages.

When supply is tight, wages rise.

Workers know that. Unions know that.

Anyone who has ever asked their boss for a rise knows that: they will be told there are millions of people knocking on the door asking for their job.

Economics lesson 2: in a single market... which the EU has laboured to construct...wages will fall to the lowest point in that market.

The employers back the EU.

Do you now see why?

Still interested in playing your childish games?

Just answer it

Sure thing. As soon as you answer the maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany things you've been asked but have ignored.

Workers have always known that, when there is over-supply of workers, employers will use that to force down wages.

Anyone who has ever asked their boss for a rise knows that: they will be told there are millions of people knocking on the door asking for their job.

Economics lesson 2: in a single market... which the EU has laboured to construct...wages will fall to the lowest point in that market.

Do you now see why?

Still interested in playing your childish games?"

So, logically, there should be just 1 lorry driver for the whole country. Then he could demand a fabulous salary.

Might fuck the country up a tiny bit, though.

PS you're still not bothering to address anything you don't wanna talk about. Strange, since you seem so keen on answers.

Spain, Lancs

Just answer it

Do you now see why?

So, logically, there should be just 1 lorry driver for the whole country. Then he could demand a fabulous salary.

PS you're still not bothering to address anything you don't wanna talk about. Strange, since you seem so keen on answers."

If drivers can get a good wage there will be far more than one!

Still supporting the bosses, eh?

Do you know what's happening in other areas of working-class life?

Just answer it

Do you now see why?

PS you're still not bothering to address anything you don't wanna talk about. Strange, since you seem so keen on answers.

Do you know what's happening in other areas of working-class life?"

Nah, because 1 driver would get the best wage. It's simple economics. So he'd sneak around stopping any other drivers getting into the industry, cutting their tyres and stuff like that.

I was taught all these economics thingies by an expert called Adrian. He even taught me how to ignore things like news and facts I don't like.

Spain, Lancs

Just answer it

Do you now see why?

Nah, because 1 driver would get the best wage. It's simple economics. So he'd sneak around stopping any other drivers getting into the industry, cutting their tyres and stuff like that.

I was taught all these economics thingies by an expert called Adrian. He even taught me how to ignore things like news and facts I don't like."

You're wriggling now. You're not being asked to ignorr facts... you're being challenged to acknowledge facts and stop supporting exploiters

Spain, Lancs

Just answer it

Do you now see why?

I was taught all these economics thingies by an expert called Adrian. He even taught me how to ignore things like news and facts I don't like.

You're wriggling now. You're not being asked to ignorr facts... you're being challenged to acknowledge facts and stop supporting exploiters"

Will you do that?

By *yth11Couple  over a year ago

newark

You do know the vat rules have changed in EU.

Over 10k per year in EU wide sales and you have to charge the customer,s home country rate.

Imagine laughing at someone who is driven to such rage and anger because of Brexit. Imagine showing such a lack of empathy that you rejoice in someone’s misery because your team won.

Imagine being that devoid of empathy.

liverpool

The rest of the world manages to raise the necessary forms"

How many remainers have murdered mps again?

Or been investigated for using inflatairy language?

"Imagine laughing at someone who is driven to such rage and anger because of Brexit. Imagine showing such a lack of empathy that you rejoice in someone’s misery because your team won.

Imagine being that devoid of empathy. "

Imagine watching Leave voters receive such abuse over the course of 5 years.

Imagine being constantly threatened with violence.

It's a choice of laughing at keyboard warriors or being worried and scared. I choose to laugh in the face of adversity.

liverpool

No, you're not all ears.

liverpool

No, you're not all ears.

There are loads of Brexit bonuses

What are they?

Erm..its irrelevant now.

Well I'm convinced.

"Imagine laughing at someone who is driven to such rage and anger because of Brexit. Imagine showing such a lack of empathy that you rejoice in someone’s misery because your team won.

It's a choice of laughing at keyboard warriors or being worried and scared. I choose to laugh in the face of adversity."

But there was no downside to Brexit so why aren’t you off enjoying the sunlit uplands rather than laughing at people who are obviously distressed by the threat to their business that is the thing you voted for?

Instead of laughing at people who are suffering why not think about why they are suffering and what you can do to help? Or, heaven forbid, what part you played in creating that suffering.

liverpool

The fishing industry.

UK exports.

The city.

Food is rotting in the fields, due to a lack of pickers."

Erasmus

It's a choice of laughing at keyboard warriors or being worried and scared. I choose to laugh in the face of adversity.

But there was no downside to Brexit so why aren’t you off enjoying the sunlit uplands rather than laughing at people who are obviously distressed by the threat to their business that is the thing you voted for?

Instead of laughing at people who are suffering why not think about why they are suffering and what you can do to help? Or, heaven forbid, what part you played in creating that suffering."

I am perfectly enjoying life.

You genuinely think I should empathise with people who threaten violence towards people, and have done for a good few years now?

liverpool

Consistently threatened with violence

Why have facts when you simply make stuff up?

Maybe the actual facts need repeating

How many remain activists went out and murdered an mp?

How many remainers threatened riots on the streets if the vote wasnt upheld.?

It is truly the past truth era

"Consistently threatened with violence

Why have facts when you simply make stuff up?

Maybe the actual facts need repeating

How many remain activists went out and murdered an mp?

How many remainers threatened riots on the streets if the vote wasnt upheld.?

It is truly the past truth era"

Are you saying Leave voters haven’t consistently received threats of violence?

Just scroll these very forums and you'll find it.

Whataboutery at its finest in your argument.

Manchester

Look at yourself"

As a council member of the association for biggest employers of drivers you are talking shit in regards to the topic. Forced from the industry! . What a ridiculous comment. Who’s driving the truck if they don’t attract drivers? Ridiculous.

The government as an emergency measure have just increased the number of hours a driver can be on the road by a further 6 hours a week. Make sure your not next to one falling asleep!

The job is not attractive, drivers have turned away from the industry due to younger people not wanting to be away from home , lack of facilities on the road networks. It’s hard work!

The dropping in the number of drivers is an issue that has been going on for years.

It’s not an attractive job compared to 9-4 on a computer .

The qualified drivers you speak of work in industries where the use the licence occasionally such as crane drivers or builders merchants, waste companies.

Some take the qualification as it’s free such as guys in the armed forces retiring early or firemen who do the job part time.

The Europeans filled a gap, they didn’t cut wages. Our economy was growing and needed more workers not cheaper. Drivers hours rules mean the existing drivers can’t work longer so it had nothing to fo with wage rates. We had more goods to shift as a country.

There isn’t huge margins in those logistics companies so not sure what planet you think any massive pay rises where coming from. But there are trucks standing idle. Sales are impacted due to lack of capacity. £100k trucks are standing idle. Wages are rising as you said which is having massive impacts on costs to those hauliers.

The losers will be the small financially restricted companies . So the bigger companies get bigger and your choice along with competition disappears.

Majors will suck any free capacity which again will be inflationary.

Your simplistic and ignorant view is worrying. Wage increases are great but not if the company goes bust paying them!

Big buisness will charge you more to pay for this. Then when the government needs to find the £18b lost in tax revenue due to workers leaving guess who they’ll be coming to for that? Business won’t be paying as they can’t afford it due to increased costs . They don’t pay more tax on no increase in profits they just pass the margin loss to the customer, you.

I addressed the democracy comment on the sinister thread . You need to read more rather than believe the waffle that business is wrong in wanting access to the EU. More sales increases the economy you do know that surely. Export sales improves our balance of payments keeping more cash in the U.K.

Look up the EU plans for going after tax avoiders . The Brexit campaign received serious funding when that gem was revealed. Why is that?

Adrian you still have not given me the five benefits which is very rude. Please stop avoiding the question. Write them below!!

By *eparrain1Man  over a year ago

Stone

Sad indeed.

"

Bristol

Look at yourself

As a council member of the association for biggest employers of drivers you are talking shit in regards to the topic. Forced from the industry! . What a ridiculous comment. Who’s driving the truck if they don’t attract drivers? Ridiculous.

The government as an emergency measure have just increased the number of hours a driver can be on the road by a further 6 hours a week. Make sure your not next to one falling asleep!

The job is not attractive, drivers have turned away from the industry due to younger people not wanting to be away from home , lack of facilities on the road networks. It’s hard work!

The dropping in the number of drivers is an issue that has been going on for years.

The qualified drivers you speak of work in industries where the use the licence occasionally such as crane drivers or builders merchants, waste companies.

Some take the qualification as it’s free such as guys in the armed forces retiring early or firemen who do the job part time.

The Europeans filled a gap, they didn’t cut wages. Our economy was growing and needed more workers not cheaper. Drivers hours rules mean the existing drivers can’t work longer so it had nothing to fo with wage rates. We had more goods to shift as a country.

There isn’t huge margins in those logistics companies so not sure what planet you think any massive pay rises where coming from. But there are trucks standing idle. Sales are impacted due to lack of capacity. £100k trucks are standing idle. Wages are rising as you said which is having massive impacts on costs to those hauliers.

The losers will be the small financially restricted companies . So the bigger companies get bigger and your choice along with competition disappears.

Your simplistic and ignorant view is worrying. Wage increases are great but not if the company goes bust paying them!

Big buisness will charge you more to pay for this. Then when the government needs to find the £18b lost in tax revenue due to workers leaving guess who they’ll be coming to for that? Business won’t be paying as they can’t afford it due to increased costs . They don’t pay more tax on no increase in profits they just pass the margin loss to the customer, you.

I addressed the democracy comment on the sinister thread . You need to read more rather than believe the waffle that business is wrong in wanting access to the EU. More sales increases the economy you do know that surely. Export sales improves our balance of payments keeping more cash in the U.K.

Look up the EU plans for going after tax avoiders . The Brexit campaign received serious funding when that gem was revealed. Why is that?

Adrian you still have not given me the five benefits which is very rude. Please stop avoiding the question. Write them below!!

"

Well, you saved us the trouble of pointing these obvious issues out, from a much less well informed perspective - thanks!

If Adrian is in the industry you’d think he’d be aware of these issues, as they are starkly obvious to people who are not.

near ipswich

Look at yourself

"

As a council member i would have thought you would have known the impact covid has had on driver testing and around 30,000 drivers. You seem to just blame brexit but this far from true.

Driver shortages across Europe and North America are also exacerbated by failing training systems. A spokesperson for the IRU said: “For new drivers we think the [inability of training centres to meet demand] does exist in some countries, primarily due to the pandemic. For existing drivers, it isn’t such an issue as the CPC certificate renewal deadline was postponed by the European Commission.”

Instead of laughing at people who are suffering why not think about why they are suffering and what you can do to help? Or, heaven forbid, what part you played in creating that suffering.

You genuinely think I should empathise with people who threaten violence towards people, and have done for a good few years now?"

I think that you should take responsibility for what you voted for and understand the dire straits it is putting people in, rather than taking an “I’m alright Jack” attitude.

You voted for something that is causing people huge distress but you don’t seem to want to take responsibility for it.

By *eepshow1Man  over a year ago

London

98% of my business involved sending products to Europe. Its not a big business, but made me just enough to pay all my rent, bills and, as a single parent, gave me the time to get my kids to school, work and then pick them up from school.

The business is now gone. Everything I send is returned. My customers have given up. I've had no income for months. My workshop will have to go soon.

A real shame all round.

You genuinely think I should empathise with people who threaten violence towards people, and have done for a good few years now?

I think that you should take responsibility for what you voted for and understand the dire straits it is putting people in, rather than taking an “I’m alright Jack” attitude.

You voted for something that is causing people huge distress but you don’t seem to want to take responsibility for it."

You have absolutely no idea what I voted for

Regardless of which way I voted or even didn't vote, I cannot and will not be held responsible for people who threaten others.

near ipswich

You voted for something that is causing people huge distress but you don’t seem to want to take responsibility for it."

Thats the nature of business you adapt or lose why anyone would want their country to be trapped in an ever shrinking market is beyond me.

Funny how we have gone from losing 500,000 jobs the day we voted to leave to needing more people to fill jobs.

liverpool

There is a kind of delicious irony in brexiteers celebrating our escape from the 'tyranny 'of the eu,whilst in the last year the gmnt has introduced a slew of incressomg repressive measures.

So well done once again.

near ipswich

"There is a kind of delicious irony in brexiteers celebrating our escape from the 'tyranny 'of the eu,whilst in the last year the gmnt has introduced a slew of incressomg repressive measures.

So well done once again."

You dont think countries in the eu haven't then?

someone doesn't keep up with world news.

liverpool

Funny how quickly the narrative changes isnt it?

Before brexit we were told we much we much better off economically, now suddenly businesses have to adapt to survive.

Weird

liverpool

The book of ready made excuses for when Brexit inevitably goes tits up.

near ipswich

"Funny how quickly the narrative changes isnt it?

Before brexit we were told we much we much better off economically, now suddenly businesses have to adapt to survive.

Weird "

that was always going to happen anyone who is in business knew that, you cannot stand still you need to adapt constantly.

Manchester

Look at yourself

As a council member i would have thought you would have known the impact covid has had on driver testing and around 30,000 drivers. You seem to just blame brexit but this far from true.

Driver shortages across Europe and North America are also exacerbated by failing training systems. A spokesperson for the IRU said: “For new drivers we think the [inability of training centres to meet demand] does exist in some countries, primarily due to the pandemic. For existing drivers, it isn’t such an issue as the CPC certificate renewal deadline was postponed by the European Commission.”"

You’re right Costa some tests this this last 18 months have been lost and around 15-20k of the 100k shortage is down to that. Also 10k retired which brings us to 30k .

At our present testing rate ( they have to pass) it would be around 10-15 years to fill the gap. Assuming no more leavers than today and we don’t have a single digit of growth.