FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Drug-related deaths in Scotland expected to hit record levels for the seventh year in a row

Drug-related deaths in Scotland expected to hit record levels for the seventh year in a row

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://news.sky.com/story/drug-related-deaths-in-scotland-expected-to-hit-record-levels-for-the-seventh-year-in-a-row-12367604

"Drug-related deaths in Scotland are expected to hit record levels for the seventh year in a row.

Figures for 2019 showed 1,264 people died as a result of drug misuse. This was already the highest in Europe, and three-and-a-half times the figure for England and Wales."

As Health is a devolved issue in the devolved Parliaments, therefore drug policy and funding. Why doesn't Scotland just simply ask the rest of the UK and Europe for professional help?

And please - could we have a discussion about the issue and not be dragged all over the place to unrelated things.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Its not good. Lets hope that they find the answers that they require.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

"https://news.sky.com/story/drug-related-deaths-in-scotland-expected-to-hit-record-levels-for-the-seventh-year-in-a-row-12367604

"Drug-related deaths in Scotland are expected to hit record levels for the seventh year in a row.

Figures for 2019 showed 1,264 people died as a result of drug misuse. This was already the highest in Europe, and three-and-a-half times the figure for England and Wales."

As Health is a devolved issue in the devolved Parliaments, therefore drug policy and funding. Why doesn't Scotland just simply ask the rest of the UK and Europe for professional help?

And please - could we have a discussion about the issue and not be dragged all over the place to unrelated things.

"

It's a sad state they find themselves in . I see they plan to spend 250 million pounds over the next 5 years to tackle it. Let's hope they spend it well and turn it around

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

Scotland counts its drug deaths in a different way from other countries. Westminster rejected the Scottish government's request for drop in centres like Portugal and the Netherlands have.

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

"Scotland counts its drug deaths in a different way from other countries. Westminster rejected the Scottish government's request for drop in centres like Portugal and the Netherlands have."

When you say drop in centres you mean legalised shooting galleries?

It's only a matter of time before the SNP want to either legalise or give people their drugs of choice free of charge.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Scotland counts its drug deaths in a different way from other countries. Westminster rejected the Scottish government's request for drop in centres like Portugal and the Netherlands have.

It's only a matter of time before the SNP want to either legalise or give people their drugs of choice free of charge.

"

Well considering the war on drugs is utterly futile and unwinmeable, I wouldn't say that was a bad idea.

By *ugehandsMan  over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

"Scotland counts its drug deaths in a different way from other countries. Westminster rejected the Scottish government's request for drop in centres like Portugal and the Netherlands have.

Well considering the war on drugs is utterly futile and unwinmeable, I wouldn't say that was a bad idea."

I wouldn't say it was a good idea either. I would hate for kids to think that taking drugs is just a normal part of life.

The war on drugs was made unwinnable when the law started turning a blind eye to drug use.

I remember people who smoking hash at school saying its only a smoke and it doesn't lead to harder stuff.. Sadly some of those are no longer alive and others are only oxegen thieves of no use in this world.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Well considering the war on drugs is utterly futile and unwinmeable, I wouldn't say that was a bad idea.

I wouldn't say it was a good idea either. I would hate for kids to think that taking drugs is just a normal part of life.

The war on drugs was made unwinnable when the law started turning a blind eye to drug use.

I remember people who smoking hash at school saying its only a smoke and it doesn't lead to harder stuff.. Sadly some of those are no longer alive and others are only oxegen thieves of no use in this world. "

I'd saying making something illegal that millions of people want to do is slightly problematic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I remember people who smoking hash at school saying its only a smoke and it doesn't lead to harder stuff.. Sadly some of those are no longer alive and others are only oxegen thieves of no use in this world.

I'd saying making something illegal that millions of people want to do is slightly problematic."

Marijuana has been illegal for around 100 years so barely anyone alive would know it being legal. And I'd hazard a guess that no one of age.

Having said that I'd like to see most drugs decriminalised

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

It's only a matter of time before

the SNP want to either legalise or give people their drugs of choice free of charge.

"

Typical right winger reply.

It has cut the deaths by drug overdoses in Portugal and Holland, but Johnson and his vile cabinet won't devolve the powers needed for Scotland to try it.

The present system doesn't work that has been proven.

I'd saying making something illegal that millions of people want to do is slightly problematic.

Marijuana has been illegal for around 100 years so barely anyone alive would know it being legal. And I'd hazard a guess that no one of age.

Having said that I'd like to see most drugs decriminalised "

Are you insane!!!!!!

Having said that I'd like to see most drugs decriminalised

Are you insane!!!!!! "

I assume you're talking about the last part of my post?

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"https://news.sky.com/story/drug-related-deaths-in-scotland-expected-to-hit-record-levels-for-the-seventh-year-in-a-row-12367604

"

Can England ask Europe for help too?? Kettle and pot . Not as bad as Scotland but rising fast just the same.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/drug-related-deaths-hit-record-high-in-england-and-wales-after-rising-for-eighth-year-in-a-row-12371678

By *otPrinceHarryMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"As Health is a devolved issue in the devolved Parliaments, therefore drug policy and funding.

"

Only half right.

Drug legislation is not devolved. If Westminster wants to pursue the unwinnable war on drugs, Scotland gets dragged down with it.

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

De-criminalise it, make the supply safe and remove the criminal element. It's the only solution, as many senior police officers and health professionals accept.

The main problem is right wing nutters in Westminster and the scumbags and hyenas of the gutter press who have too much influence over them.

» Add a new message to this topic