FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Greggs to serve up 500 new jobs . . .

Greggs to serve up 500 new jobs . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

https://news.sky.com/story/greggs-to-serve-up-500-new-jobs-as-profits-bounce-back-to-outstrip-pre-pandemic-levels-12371396

Greggs to serve up 500 new jobs as profits bounce back to outstrip pre-pandemic levels.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Jobs good... nations health bad

Sadly this will mean more of these purveyors of cholesterol...

one on every street corner feeding the nation's addiction for a steak bake (just try not to think about the calories and what you are actually putting in your body).

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Jobs good... nations health bad

Sadly this will mean more of these purveyors of cholesterol...

one on every street corner feeding the nation's addiction for a steak bake (just try not to think about the calories and what you are actually putting in your body).

"

one on every street corner I hope so I love there chicken bakes

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I use Greggs occasionally as like the cheap coffee and the sandwiches . Ok and the steak bake.

I had reason to stop early at one and the place was full of school kids in uniform but what bothered me was one mum asking her two primary school kids what they wanted for breakfast. Now I’m not saying she does this everyday but the kids knew what they wanted . Ages around 7-9

Is that good for their health? Variety yes but a sausage roll for breakfast before school??

Even if it’s not too bad it’s not setting them on a healthy path is it!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I use Greggs occasionally as like the cheap coffee and the sandwiches . Ok and the steak bake.

I had reason to stop early at one and the place was full of school kids in uniform but what bothered me was one mum asking her two primary school kids what they wanted for breakfast. Now I’m not saying she does this everyday but the kids knew what they wanted . Ages around 7-9

Is that good for their health? Variety yes but a sausage roll for breakfast before school??

"

I hear you Jackal.

But, is it any worse than the sugar laden cereal they're fed?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I use Greggs occasionally as like the cheap coffee and the sandwiches . Ok and the steak bake.

"

Have to agree, so much cheaper too to give the kids a healthy breakfast at home.

By *rishmocha2Couple  over a year ago

Beds

Greggs average salary is 18k-20k, in London/South-East I wouldn't call this a great salary. Great that there looking for staff, but seriously are we only looking at jobs and not what they pay?

Well, you could add a billion other 'unhealthy' shops to the list, (and products) but what do we do? It actually still surprises me how many people smoke!

I was eating a pack of biscuits from Starbucks once, and a chap decided to lecture me on how many cal were in them, then went outside for a cigarette!

But some Starbucks drinks do have 500 cal a go!

Pret are riddled with cals - Subway too.

And on and on it goes. All things in moderation is the key.

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"https://news.sky.com/story/greggs-to-serve-up-500-new-jobs-as-profits-bounce-back-to-outstrip-pre-pandemic-levels-12371396

Greggs to serve up 500 new jobs as profits bounce back to outstrip pre-pandemic levels.

"

When Wendy's announced they are returning to the UK creating 20,000 jobs I was told its actually bad news as it takes work away from places like McDonalds. Then McDonalds announced their own expansion with many thousands of jobs created so clearly did not get the memo. Now Greggs are at it I can only assume burger king are well and truly f*****d. I understand greggs have also gone down the vegetarian,vegan route

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

All things in moderation is the key.

This becomes very difficult to manage when you are faced with an increasing number of food outlets being repeated over and over.

"All things in moderation is the key.

This becomes very difficult to manage when you are faced with an increasing number of food outlets being repeated over and over.

"

In truth, I find it hard not to go to Starbucks, as I meet many friends that come from many directions there. Plus, it's a nice place to chill and do some business catch-ups with their power outlets for laptops. It's also hard not to have a drink or two too. Without counting the cals.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

As my Mother says... "its crap food for lazy people"

No wonder our population is getting fatter!

Manchester

I hear you Jackal.

But, is it any worse than the sugar laden cereal they're fed?"

At least there’s some milk in that and hopefully less salt but yes the cereals aren’t great.

Manchester

"https://news.sky.com/story/greggs-to-serve-up-500-new-jobs-as-profits-bounce-back-to-outstrip-pre-pandemic-levels-12371396

When Wendy's announced they are returning to the UK creating 20,000 jobs I was told its actually bad news as it takes work away from places like McDonalds. Then McDonalds announced their own expansion with many thousands of jobs created so clearly did not get the memo. Now Greggs are at it I can only assume burger king are well and truly f*****d. I understand greggs have also gone down the vegetarian,vegan route"

It’s showing the population is eating worse food and too lazy to cook. Not something to celebrate.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Great for Greggs, but it doesn’t help the poor Students who’ve got enormous debts for Covid Degrees. Lets start seeing some well paid jobs. The Govt have completely ignored Students

» Add a new message to this topic