FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How in control are we?

How in control are we?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nicorn69couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

colchesterish Essex

I was told a new theory on the history of womens rights and it really made me think.

Back when women all over the western world started battling to have the right to work instead of be home makers. This was seen a big win for women rights but…

What if the government wanted this? They were only getting taxed on 50% of the population. Then by women going to work they were able to get so much more tax! Families then started buying more, spending that money on white goods, extra cars that need fuel,etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I doubt it. Those in power rarely give up any of their power until they see which way the wind is blowing. And then they do it to stop being carried away by that wind. And they pretend to be suddenly all in favour of the thing they have resisted for so many years.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"I doubt it. Those in power rarely give up any of their power until they see which way the wind is blowing. And then they do it to stop being carried away by that wind. And they pretend to be suddenly all in favour of the thing they have resisted for so many years."

Yes I agree with this.

The sexist attitude would have prevailed for many years more without the suffragettes .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I doubt it. Those in power rarely give up any of their power until they see which way the wind is blowing. And then they do it to stop being carried away by that wind. And they pretend to be suddenly all in favour of the thing they have resisted for so many years.

Yes I agree with this.

The sexist attitude would have prevailed for many years more without the suffragettes . "

» Add a new message to this topic