FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > STOP.

STOP.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

overseas funding to the countries that always gives the, United. Kingdom. the 2 fingers.

Then the under funded 'social care' problem will be solved.

Charity begins at home.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very patriotic

Charity begins at home....it doesn't end there.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I disagree. But for the grace of god you could have been born into any warzone. All people should matter.

"I disagree. But for the grace of god you could have been born into any warzone. All people should matter."

'warzone' I never mentioned that word.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

"I disagree. But for the grace of god you could have been born into any warzone. All people should matter.

'warzone' I never mentioned that word."

Human life shouldn’t be more valuable dependent on where you’re born.

well thats that sorted then, now for peace in the middle east

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I saw the tag line and had the words “right now, thank you very much, I need somebody with a human touch” going through my mind. Now I have a Spice Girls earworm.

Thanks OP

I never get why people are so obsessed with borders. It’s one planet and all wars on this planet are all about borders. It’s 2021, people need to stop this obsession with borders.

"I saw the tag line and had the words “right now, thank you very much, I need somebody with a human touch” going through my mind. Now I have a Spice Girls earworm.

Thanks OP "

Me too... He really is a git!

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

"I saw the tag line and had the words “right now, thank you very much, I need somebody with a human touch” going through my mind. Now I have a Spice Girls earworm.

Thanks OP "

I thought ‘IN THE BAME OF LOVE’ was what was going to follow and now I have an ear worm too.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

Thanks OP

I thought ‘IN THE BAME OF LOVE’ was what was going to follow and now I have an ear worm too. "

Bame, name.. it’s all the same

Thanks OP

Me too... He really is a git! "

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Surely OP is just trolling?

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Jebus

Collaborate and listen

the Op is back with a brand new frustration

"Jebus "

He's a jaffa cake to me

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"Jebus "

Summed up perfectly, Belle x

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Only place charity begins is in the heart you can have a home and still be a selfish cunt

By *ichiebigMan  over a year ago

nenagh

"I never get why people are so obsessed with borders. It’s one planet and all wars on this planet are all about borders. It’s 2021, people need to stop this obsession with borders. "
lts 2021 in Europe and the rest of the 1st world, it's about the year 1021 in places like afagastagan and most of the other war zone countries in the middle east, Africa etc.

Thanks OP "

Could be worse , I've a Erasure one going on now

"I disagree. But for the grace of god you could have been born into any warzone. All people should matter.

'warzone' I never mentioned that word."

It’s Hypothetical, any of us could have been born anywhere it should be irrelevant, it’s such a narrow minded way to view things, we should be doing things on a global scale, there’s one race, the human race, otherwise there’s always going to be someone suffering, to pull up the ladder while others go without is so mean spirited.

Which countries are you thinking of OP?

"I never get why people are so obsessed with borders. It’s one planet and all wars on this planet are all about borders. It’s 2021, people need to stop this obsession with borders. lts 2021 in Europe and the rest of the 1st world, it's about the year 1021 in places like afagastagan and most of the other war zone countries in the middle east, Africa etc. "

And these countries have been historically invaded by these 2021 countries. Uprooting these countries infrastructures, imposing or trying to impose western religions, deporting people into sl*ver*y etc.

Western Europe started this shit and it’s shit we need to own

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I never get why people are so obsessed with borders. It’s one planet and all wars on this planet are all about borders. It’s 2021, people need to stop this obsession with borders. lts 2021 in Europe and the rest of the 1st world, it's about the year 1021 in places like afagastagan and most of the other war zone countries in the middle east, Africa etc.

And these countries have been historically invaded by these 2021 countries. Uprooting these countries infrastructures, imposing or trying to impose western religions, deporting people into sl*ver*y etc.

Western Europe started this shit and it’s shit we need to own "

Agreed we should never be involved in other countries politics or laws no matter how unfair they seem to us.

The western world has been through the dark ages and that was a blood time as well.

other countries have to sort themselves out.

By *iknaknok42Man  over a year ago

limavady

Ear worm, spice girls, day ruined, no no no !!!

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"overseas funding to the countries that always gives the, United. Kingdom. the 2 fingers.

Charity begins at home."

Which countries give the UK "2 fingers"? What does that mean? Does these countries agree with all the UK government says and does if charity with UK funding is vaccinating or educating their children because they cannot afford to? Is that not a good thing to do for its own sake?

Overseas funding has already been cut. Cut some more, as hardship in other parts of the world will not affect us in any way? No economic migrants or refugees ever come here and we spend no time, effort or money on that?

This Government promised a plan to fix social care without an increase in taxes so it's not a necessary choice to make, right?

West London

"I never get why people are so obsessed with borders. It’s one planet and all wars on this planet are all about borders. It’s 2021, people need to stop this obsession with borders. lts 2021 in Europe and the rest of the 1st world, it's about the year 1021 in places like afagastagan and most of the other war zone countries in the middle east, Africa etc.

Agreed we should never be involved in other countries politics or laws no matter how unfair they seem to us.

The western world has been through the dark ages and that was a blood time as well.

"

We spent several centuries "involved" in other country's politics and laws. We changed the course of their histories, stripped them of resource and left artificial states deliberately divided along ethnic, tribal or religious lines to guarantee our influence.

We probably cannot fix it, but we have been and will continue to live with the consequences.

I don't get why money gets sent anywhere, it never gets where its meant to or goes to one side of a conflict and once they've won they want more war cos their bloods up.

Realistically there's only two solutions, ignore it all and let them continue, meddling every once in a while and fucking it up more... Orrrr...

All western countries combine forces and referee all the hotpots in the world, send the military in everywhere as peacekeepers, have them stabilise places for investment and business growth, infrastructure, proper hospitals etc. Help them actually prosper.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Just like my time in Djibouti, local warlords had guards on the grain from the US. The aid we give should be delivered and overseen but UK teams ensuring it ends up where it is needed.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

We spent several centuries "involved" in other country's politics and laws. We changed the course of their histories, stripped them of resource and left artificial states deliberately divided along ethnic, tribal or religious lines to guarantee our influence.

We probably cannot fix it, but we have been and will continue to live with the consequences."

history is just that , history. We can't change it. Are the people of today responsible for it. Did they participate in it. How far back do we go. Should the Italians be held responsible for the Roman empire as an example?

West London

We probably cannot fix it, but we have been and will continue to live with the consequences.

history is just that , history. We can't change it. Are the people of today responsible for it. Did they participate in it. How far back do we go. Should the Italians be held responsible for the Roman empire as an example?"

I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of stating that we shouldn't get involved, whilst we caused the majority of these problems deliberately, believing it would further our own ends.

You are aware that was the post-colonial policy, right?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

Yes afghans have been trying to kill us for centuries, every time we arrived on some unknown land mass with a compass and a flag someone said, we were here first lol of course historically we were good at killing people and so we inherited most of the world, a bit like romans before us, hurray, but then we gave women the vote and let them read books and before long we decided killing people and taking their stuff wasn't really the way forward and so we saved the world from horrible people like Mr Hitler and Mr taliban.... but some people still weren't happy

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Read that post to the big bang theme tune.

West London

"Yes afghans have been trying to kill us for centuries, every time we arrived on some unknown land mass with a compass and a flag someone said, we were here first lol of course historically we were good at killing people and so we inherited most of the world, a bit like romans before us, hurray, but then we gave women the vote and let them read books and before long we decided killing people and taking their stuff wasn't really the way forward and so we saved the world from horrible people like Mr Hitler and Mr taliban.... but some people still weren't happy "

Much of the killing was with disease, but yes, lots of death and worse.

We only kept taking other people's stuff because the Americans told us to. We owed them lots of money, so we did. In the rush to the exit we made as much mischief as possible, deliberately leaving countries with ethnic,religious and tribal divisions that continue to haunt the world.

That was after Hitler with whom many people in this country had a lot of sympathy and wanted to do a deal with.

Luckily Edward VIII abdicated and Lord Halifax didn't get his way, so we made the right choice.

Who's not happy about what?

What point are you making?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Thanks OP "

I thought it was this (from a WAY better song):

Stop right there!

I gotta know right now!

Before we go any further!

Do you love me?

Will you love me forever?

Do you need me?

Will you never leave me?

Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life?

Will you take me away and will you make me your wife?

P.S. There are lots of good reasons for giving foreign aid; mainly because it's the right thing to do, partly because it's what Jesus would do - and partly because it annoys the fuck out of people like the OP.

Worth every penny.

milton keynes

history is just that , history. We can't change it. Are the people of today responsible for it. Did they participate in it. How far back do we go. Should the Italians be held responsible for the Roman empire as an example?

I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of stating that we shouldn't get involved, whilst we caused the majority of these problems deliberately, believing it would further our own ends.

You are aware that was the post-colonial policy, right? "

Yes I am aware of the British empire and although it did do good things it also did bad things. But this is the country's past so it's not 'we' done the bad empire things but the country's past citizens. Should the people of today be blamed for it or bare any responsibility for it. Do you blame the Italians for the Roman empire

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Yes afghans have been trying to kill us for centuries, every time we arrived on some unknown land mass with a compass and a flag someone said, we were here first lol of course historically we were good at killing people and so we inherited most of the world, a bit like romans before us, hurray, but then we gave women the vote and let them read books and before long we decided killing people and taking their stuff wasn't really the way forward and so we saved the world from horrible people like Mr Hitler and Mr taliban.... but some people still weren't happy

Much of the killing was with disease, but yes, lots of death and worse.

We only kept taking other people's stuff because the Americans told us to. We owed them lots of money, so we did. In the rush to the exit we made as much mischief as possible, deliberately leaving countries with ethnic,religious and tribal divisions that continue to haunt the world.

That was after Hitler with whom many people in this country had a lot of sympathy and wanted to do a deal with.

Luckily Edward VIII abdicated and Lord Halifax didn't get his way, so we made the right choice.

Who's not happy about what?

What point are you making?"

do you do these posts while drinking?

West London

Yes I am aware of the British empire and although it did do good things it also did bad things. But this is the country's past so it's not 'we' done the bad empire things but the country's past citizens. Should the people of today be blamed for it or bare any responsibility for it. Do you blame the Italians for the Roman empire"

You are arguing a point which I'm not defending.

"I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of stating that we shouldn't get involved, whilst we caused the majority of these problems deliberately, believing it would further our own ends."

No demands for an apology.

We have inherited the benefits and consequences of our historic actions as a country.

You learn from failure more than success, but people tend to skip the hard parts.

Nothing to do with the Roman Empire.

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Why can't we put an amount in a pot to be used to assist in the event of national disasters. If, by lucky hap, it isn't used in a year it rolls over. Surely that's what it's all about?

West London

"Why can't we put an amount in a pot to be used to assist in the event of national disasters. If, by lucky hap, it isn't used in a year it rolls over. Surely that's what it's all about?"

That's not unreasonable for disaster relief.

That doesn't fund long term projects to eventually allow those in the poorest countries to not take the risk of handing themselves over to people smugglers for an imagined better life...

milton keynes

Yes I am aware of the British empire and although it did do good things it also did bad things. But this is the country's past so it's not 'we' done the bad empire things but the country's past citizens. Should the people of today be blamed for it or bare any responsibility for it. Do you blame the Italians for the Roman empire

"I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of stating that we shouldn't get involved, whilst we caused the majority of these problems deliberately, believing it would further our own ends."

We have inherited the benefits and consequences of our historic actions as a country.

You learn from failure more than success, but people tend to skip the hard parts.

Nothing to do with the Roman Empire."

You do learn from mistakes or a least that's the hope. But we are not responsible for those actions, no more than the population of other countries that have a chequered past

West London

You do learn from mistakes or a least that's the hope. But we are not responsible for those actions, no more than the population of other countries that have a chequered past"

So a country has no responsibility for its actions?

Never, or is there a time limit? How long if there is?

milton keynes

You do learn from mistakes or a least that's the hope. But we are not responsible for those actions, no more than the population of other countries that have a chequered past

Never, or is there a time limit? How long if there is?"

As said before I don't think its the fault of people today for what happened in the past. If blame is to be apportioned then where do you stop. That's why I mentioned the Roman empire. Should today's Italians be blamed or responsible for the Roman empire. Should the young Germans be responsible for what their grandparents did

West London

As said before I don't think its the fault of people today for what happened in the past. If blame is to be apportioned then where do you stop. That's why I mentioned the Roman empire. Should today's Italians be blamed or responsible for the Roman empire. Should the young Germans be responsible for what their grandparents did

"

I answered your question about the Romans.

Did the Germans benefit from what their grandparents did?

Are they very aware of their history as a people?

Does the UK still benefit greatly from it's historic benefits?

Does it acknowledge it's negative role or does it continue to talk about cricket, railway lines and "bringing" good governance and law in European terms that mai ly benefitted Europeans?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Does it acknowledge it's negative role or does it continue to talk about cricket, railway lines and "bringing" good governance and law in European terms that mai ly benefitted Europeans?"

What cricket team do you support?

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I never get why people are so obsessed with borders. It’s one planet and all wars on this planet are all about borders. It’s 2021, people need to stop this obsession with borders. "

Except it’s not an equal planet. You and I by grace of luck live inside wealthy borders. Most of the global population have far lower incomes, far lower standards of living, work far harder and have far lower life expectancy than you or I. Are you really willing to accept the cuts to your lifestyle and life expectancy that a borderless planet would mean?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I feel very sad we are not giving 5 million to Yegna anymore. What did the Ethiopian Spice girls do to deserve that.

But seriously. How long must you British types beat yourselves over the head for the harm you did to us colonials. Answer IMO you can stop now.

Ps thanks for the free Uni education sponsorship and help coming here.

milton keynes

Does it acknowledge it's negative role or does it continue to talk about cricket, railway lines and "bringing" good governance and law in European terms that mai ly benefitted Europeans?"

I think you said it was not relevant but thats not an answer

I Leroy in my opinion do not think the people of today are responsible for what happened in the past. No more than the people of any other country should be blamed for their counties past

West London

Does it acknowledge it's negative role or does it continue to talk about cricket, railway lines and "bringing" good governance and law in European terms that mai ly benefitted Europeans?What cricket team do you support? "

What was that, Norman?

West London

Does it acknowledge it's negative role or does it continue to talk about cricket, railway lines and "bringing" good governance and law in European terms that mai ly benefitted Europeans?

I Leroy in my opinion do not think the people of today are responsible for what happened in the past. No more than the people of any other country should be blamed for their counties past"

To be clear, when you scroll up, I have never demanded an apology for past colonial behaviour nor did I say that any individual alive today should be blamed for anything.

No idea why anyone feels it necessary to say this.

Why do you? Where has it been stated?

I talked about hypocrisy. Then, responding to your cotinued insistence on your position indictated that this country benefitted greatly from its history. This country.

Should people who have benefitted from the suffering of others or cause the suffering of others acknowledge that it was a a bad thing?

That does not require either blame or culpability.

Why do you think that it does?

What is your actual argument with what I have written?

milton keynes

I Leroy in my opinion do not think the people of today are responsible for what happened in the past. No more than the people of any other country should be blamed for their counties past

To be clear, when you scroll up, I have never demanded an apology for past colonial behaviour nor did I say that any individual alive today should be blamed for anything.

I talked about hypocrisy. Then, responding to your cotinued insistence on your position indictated that this country benefitted greatly from its history. This country.

Should people who have benefitted from the suffering of others or cause the suffering of others acknowledge that it was a a bad thing?

What is your actual argument with what I have written?"

I say my opinion on any blame as its my opinion and this is a forum. It continues to be my opinion regardless of what anyone else says or questions asked.

The history books cover the exploits of the country's past as well as other countries with similar pasts so not sure what needs acknowledging, by whome and in what form that would take. The past cannot be changed and its all available to anyone that wants to learn about it. Same as if you want to learn about other countries pasts

West London

I say my opinion on any blame as its my opinion and this is a forum. It continues to be my opinion regardless of what anyone else says or questions asked.

The history books cover the exploits of the country's past as well as other countries with similar pasts so not sure what needs acknowledging, by whome and in what form that would take. The past cannot be changed and its all available to anyone that wants to learn about it. Same as if you want to learn about other countries pasts"

You do know that I have not disagreed with you about "blame", don't you?

History books do not cover all aspects of a countries past equally.

Most national narratives tend to emphasise the positives. Do you really believe otherwise?

People read what they choose to read and believe what they choose to believe. This might change if they were taught a more balanced reading of history at a younger age.

I still don't know what you think that you are disagreeing with me about.

milton keynes

The history books cover the exploits of the country's past as well as other countries with similar pasts so not sure what needs acknowledging, by whome and in what form that would take. The past cannot be changed and its all available to anyone that wants to learn about it. Same as if you want to learn about other countries pasts

Most national narratives tend to emphasise the positives. Do you really believe otherwise?

People read what they choose to read and believe what they choose to believe. This might change if they were taught a more balanced reading of history at a younger age.

I still don't know what you think that you are disagreeing with me about."

So your not keen on how historians have recorded facts then. Is it just the UK history or others as well that have this problem.

I'm not here to disagree with anyone I simply post my views. Sometimes they match others views sometimes not.

West London

So your not keen on how historians have recorded facts then. Is it just the UK history or others as well that have this problem.

I'm not here to disagree with anyone I simply post my views. Sometimes they match others views sometimes not. "

What did you understand by the phrase: "Most national narratives tend to emphasise the positives"?

Don't quote me or reply to my comments if you aren't responding to what 8 am writing then

milton keynes

I'm not here to disagree with anyone I simply post my views. Sometimes they match others views sometimes not.

What did you understand by the phrase: "Most national narratives tend to emphasise the positives"?

Don't quote me or reply to my comments if you aren't responding to what 8 am writing then "

You also wrote History books do not cover all aspects of a countries past equally. Hence my question about historians

West London

Don't quote me or reply to my comments if you aren't responding to what 8 am writing then

You also wrote History books do not cover all aspects of a countries past equally. Hence my question about historians"

What did you understand by the phrase?

Do you believe that historians have been and are completely unaffected by prejudice and their own national perspective?

milton keynes

You also wrote History books do not cover all aspects of a countries past equally. Hence my question about historians

What did you understand by the phrase?

Do you believe that historians have been and are completely unaffected by prejudice and their own national perspective?"

So my original question about historians was correct then. Now with your latest post it appears at least that you are not keen on how historians have recorded facts.

"overseas funding to the countries that always gives the, United. Kingdom. the 2 fingers.

Charity begins at home."

It’s all so easy, I don’t know why the scientists and leading experts in that field didn’t think of that first, here we are giving money away like suckers. Next up, solving the homeless problem.

» Add a new message to this topic