FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > What did the EU ever do for us?

What did the EU ever do for us?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

The EU remember them?

What did they ever do for us?

EU passports..

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Cocks measured in Centimetres not Inches, 15 Centimetres sounds BIG

By *acksparrow99Man  over a year ago

Canary Wharf, London

Cap d'Agde and we have never returned the favour...

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Unlimited travel & work opportunities throughout the most historic, cultural & beautiful continent on Earth. A right that’s been taken away from my kids.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Cap d'Agde and we have never returned the favour... "

You have given them Brighton pier. Almost the same

"Unlimited travel & work opportunities throughout the most historic, cultural & beautiful continent on Earth. A right that’s been taken away from my kids."

Future generations will look back on ours and weep.

Same,what did the Romans ever do for us lol

I feel like playing blur boys and girls to this thread.

Cheaper goods due to the none inport tax shipping for eu contry to eu contry

It allowed manufacturers to find the cheapest eu contry to ship goods to the re root from there to they proper destinations witch means they can deliver the goods at a cheaper price my skirting in a gray area

Microsoft is one example off this

Oder anything direct from them would be shipped from Sweden as it was cheaper to inport the good to there and then free ship in to the uk

Than it was paying the uk government inport tax

"Cheaper goods due to the none inport tax shipping for eu contry to eu contry

It allowed manufacturers to find the cheapest eu contry to ship goods to the re root from there to they proper destinations witch means they can deliver the goods at a cheaper price my skirting in a gray area

Oder anything direct from them would be shipped from Sweden as it was cheaper to inport the good to there and then free ship in to the uk

Than it was paying the uk government inport tax "

But apart from that and cheap labour allowing you to have lower prices... apart from that.... nothing

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

"Unlimited travel & work opportunities throughout the most historic, cultural & beautiful continent on Earth. A right that’s been taken away from my kids."
Completely agree. Haven't seen any benefit so far have we. So many people were so short sighted. Our "independence" from Europe will lead to a split of the UK before much longer too I fear.

Than it was paying the uk government inport tax But apart from that and cheap labour allowing you to have lower prices... apart from that.... nothing "

Wouldn’t say it’s nothing as now it’s president a big problem as it given the eu the rights to hammer is in tax to now get those goods

Only thing we have going for us is we hold the keys to they nukes

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Peace

Than it was paying the uk government inport tax But apart from that and cheap labour allowing you to have lower prices... apart from that.... nothing

Wouldn’t say it’s nothing as now it’s president a big problem as it given the eu the rights to hammer is in tax to now get those goods

Only thing we have going for us is we hold the keys to they nukes "

Sorry Nat. I was being dry. Or sarcastic or trying to be funny.

I'm Irish and a europhile

Than it was paying the uk government inport tax But apart from that and cheap labour allowing you to have lower prices... apart from that.... nothing

Only thing we have going for us is we hold the keys to they nukes

Sorry Nat. I was being dry. Or sarcastic or trying to be funny.

I'm Irish and a europhile "

It’s ok I didn’t take offence or anything I just saying the harsh reality off what’s happening

By *ermbiMan  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

Amazing how the Brexiteers have completely fallen off the radar. They can see the writing on the wall already and no way back. But then they were sold a tall story by a bunch of clowns

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

Oh i see bromoaning is still with us expect the brexiteers are getting on with it, get over it move on it was a demcratic vote end of.

By *untime5Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Banned roaming charges. Despite all the mobile providers saying they had no plans to reintroduce them pre-Brexit, here they come again

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

create a fabulous environment in which the traveling arts could operate and flourish at a grass roots level upwards.

Fareham

"Oh i see bromoaning is still with us expect the brexiteers are getting on with it, get over it move on it was a demcratic vote end of.

"

A vote for let’s proceed….without a plan!!! Duh.

"The EU remember them?

EU passports.."

The end of 1000's of years of war in Europe.

All the other good stuff eg free trade, freedom of movement, human rights etc was just a bonus

Passed Beyond Reach

"Oh i see bromoaning is still with us expect the brexiteers are getting on with it, get over it move on it was a demcratic vote end of.

A vote for let’s proceed….without a plan!!! Duh."

If UK becomes the envy of Europe unfettered by EU restrictions, i'm sure all the bremoaners will suddenly change their tune and claiming it was the right thing to do, bit like the way they change their view in the forums when it suits.

If it all goes to shit then they can stand up and shout i told you so and make their way to the virus forum.

Me personally a democratic decision has been made What's done is done, it's over- simples.

Politics forum they way

Fareham

If UK becomes the envy of Europe unfettered by EU restrictions, i'm sure all the bremoaners will suddenly change their tune and claiming it was the right thing to do, bit like the way they change their view in the forums when it suits.

If it all goes to shit then they can stand up and shout i told you so and make their way to the virus forum.

Me personally a democratic decision has been made What's done is done, it's over- simples.

Politics forum they way "

If…

By *ermbiMan  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

"

The problem is the brexiteers aren't getting on with it with fuel shortages, lack of drivers and people in key jobs. Rising prices across the board. So How's it working out for you. From a majority point of view it's a shambles

Passed Beyond Reach

Politics forum they way

If…"

Yes if!!! Nobody really knows what will happen EU is in shit order and dissarray tbere may bot be an EU in 5 years,

I'm certainly not going to sit on my arse moaning oh woe brexit is me. Moving forward and will deal with whatever happens - god that is so not negative me.

Fareham

Politics forum they way

If…

Yes if!!! Nobody really knows what will happen EU is in shit order and dissarray tbere may bot be an EU in 5 years,

I'm certainly not going to sit on my arse moaning oh woe brexit is me. Moving forward and will deal with whatever happens - god that is so not negative me. "

Every project manager needs you….

Passed Beyond Reach

Politics forum they way

If…

I'm certainly not going to sit on my arse moaning oh woe brexit is me. Moving forward and will deal with whatever happens - god that is so not negative me. "

There are always those in life who'd rather things fail or even try and make them fail just to prove they were right rather than make an effort to make things succeed.

Is is far easier to moan about failure than put the effort in to succeed.

Just need to look in the mirror

Fareham

Politics forum they way

If…

I'm certainly not going to sit on my arse moaning oh woe brexit is me. Moving forward and will deal with whatever happens - god that is so not negative me.

There are always those in life who'd rather things fail or even try and make them fail just to prove they were right rather than make an effort to make things succeed.

Just need to look in the mirror "

You got a pimple then?

Passed Beyond Reach

Politics forum they way

If…

You got a pimple then?"

Famous quote.

If at first you don't succeed give up, moan about how unfair it is and throw few insults round

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

"Amazing how the Brexiteers have completely fallen off the radar. They can see the writing on the wall already and no way back. But then they were sold a tall story by a bunch of clowns"

A bit like Corbynistas; remember them? They sloped off very quietly once they realised they had completely disengaged the UK public from Labour & pushed everyone to vote Boris & Brexit. Be careful what you wish for in life!

Fareham

Politics forum they way

If…

You got a pimple then?

Famous quote.

If at first you don't succeed give up, moan about how unfair it is and throw few insults round "

Insults? You see one that isn’t there..

Among many other things, sadly.

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

My friends PhD was paid for by an EU fund. There are so many projects in Wales that were funded by EU money. Sadly that has all stopped.

Passed Beyond Reach

"My friends PhD was paid for by an EU fund. There are so many projects in Wales that were funded by EU money. Sadly that has all stopped. "

Things are different but I'm still working with clients in the EU, that hasn't changed.

You have two choices, make brexit work or sit on your arse moaning about it.

By *ooo wet tight hornyWoman  over a year ago

lancashire

"Same,what did the Romans ever do for us lol"

Did the Romans not introduce us to roads?

By *ornyandmasseurCouple  over a year ago

new forest

Sure but it made things harder and clearly British Business make less profits due to extra costs occurred and some EU customers will switch as it’s trickier so might work for you the same but for most business’ short and mid term it’s not positive. As for long term, not sure how people in their right mind can still trust what was said at the first place.

Agreed we need to make it work and as very often the most powerful/wealthier will gain from it which is sad

"My friends PhD was paid for by an EU fund. There are so many projects in Wales that were funded by EU money. Sadly that has all stopped.

Things are different but I'm still working with clients in the EU, that hasn't changed.

You have two choices, make brexit work or sit on your arse moaning about it. "

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Same,what did the Romans ever do for us lol

Did the Romans not introduce us to roads? "

Paved roads

Clean, piped water

Sanitation

Not much really.....

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Unlimited travel & work opportunities throughout the most historic, cultural & beautiful continent on Earth. A right that’s been taken away from my kids.

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

Paved roads

Clean, piped water

Sanitation

Not much really....."

Don’t forget the Aquaduct

And education

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Excuse me Uncle Sam, can we have a trade deal please ? We promise to repaint the White House and apologise for burning it down once. Honestly Mr President we are on our bended knee pleading with you. Also we promise to call Football, Soccer from now on

Who needs the EU when we can genuflect to the American Dollar.

By *uckoldDesiresMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Unlimited travel & work opportunities throughout the most historic, cultural & beautiful continent on Earth. A right that’s been taken away from my kids. Completely agree. Haven't seen any benefit so far have we. So many people were so short sighted. Our "independence" from Europe will lead to a split of the UK before much longer too I fear. "

Of course it will.

How can you tell people a Union controlled from Brussels is bad, but then try convince people in Scotland, NI and Wales that a Union controlled from London is great.

The house of cards was always going to fall when the Scots and Irish can see what they got from EU membership

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

nothing but punish britain, and make up rules that we did not want.

yes i did vote leave, no i do not regret it one bit, no all the mess we are in is not because of brit exit.

i see this topic is going to get rude, due to the comments seem to mostly remainer's.

Fareham

"nothing but punish britain, and make up rules that we did not want.

yes i did vote leave, no i do not regret it one bit, no all the mess we are in is not because of brit exit.

i see this topic is going to get rude, due to the comments seem to mostly remainer's. "

Two sides to every debate

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Paved roads

Clean, piped water

Sanitation

Not much really.....

Don’t forget the Aquaduct

And education "

Though they invented very little. They took what was already invented/existed and improved upon it.

Think of the Romans as the ancient version of Apple.

Shit poor quality saline pumped chicken YAAAAY, good riddance.

North West

"Shit poor quality saline pumped chicken YAAAAY, good riddance. "

Maybe now we can buy some yummy American chicken?

"Shit poor quality saline pumped chicken YAAAAY, good riddance.

Maybe now we can buy some yummy American chicken? "

Stick to british support british farming.

North West

Stick to british support british farming. "

We do. But when it's a race to the bottom on food prices, then one sort of crap is simply replaced with another.......

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Most will realise next year how we got fkd over by the government I already know and it's not looking good the rest will understand when it's too late creating riots

Aldi is very good, briced well and is british chicken. The problem with foreign meat is its prepped, stored, and preserved very differently to our regulations i wont touch the stuff the hygiene levels are so so low over europe within livery its disgusting and thats in our main supermarkets. They state 'british meat' but its European meat packaged in britain... its a way round regulation. Its fed on 'pumpers' and saline injected. Rank.

i see this topic is going to get rude, due to the comments seem to mostly remainer's. "

Which rules in particular were affecting you if you don't mind my asking? and how has life improved now those rules have gone?

Passed Beyond Reach

These treads will always atract anti government stick it to the man rhetoric.

The people who voted for brexit were stupid and the intelligent people all voted to remain. Vote wasn't demcratic because stupid people voted for it.

Words of Tony Blair

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

you do know they were only directives dont you ? It was upto each individual member if they wished to make them law .guess which member slavishly did even when it affected there economy for the worse . Meanwhile others picked and chose which to make law and leave the rest as directives

By *ornyandmasseurCouple  over a year ago

new forest

Well everyone is entitled to its own opinion, nobody is holding the truth (remainers, leavers) Time will tell but the start is not promising.

EU wasn’t, is and will not be perfect but can’t put my finger on anything positive so far.

And yes The UK even by leaving the EU will still have to follow lots of directives, etc… so still abiding to some rules but not having your say in it.

EU was mainly created to bring peace. All I’ve seen since the vote and Brexit happening is tensions…

The EU provided some very attractive and reasonably priced hookers. Those that are left have put their prices up

Passed Beyond Reach

"The EU provided some very attractive and reasonably priced hookers. Those that are left have put their prices up "

So they should, pay their worth. Although under EU rule they wouldnt be able to cos it would give them an advantage over EU counterparts.

Lets have another referendum, so lests rejoin the EU so we can get cheaper sex

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

[Removed by poster at 09/10/21 00:49:47]

"The EU remember them?

What did they ever do for us?"

More than our government.

Essex.

[Removed by poster at 09/10/21 00:49:51]

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Just need to look in the mirror "

So you agree it’s been a failure then?

Essex.

"My friends PhD was paid for by an EU fund. There are so many projects in Wales that were funded by EU money. Sadly that has all stopped. "

EU money.

The EU doesn't have any money...

The EU takes money from member countries and then gives them a % back and tells them how to spend it...

The same way as governments don't have any money...

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"The EU remember them?

EU passports.."

. I am not the most political clued up but apparently the fuel shortage we had had something to do with a lack of drivers , there is a shortage in the hospitality industry most of these jobs were done by Eastern Europeans these people have now gone back home.So who is going to fill these vacancies it’s now time for the British people that didn’t want to do these jobs in the first place to roll up their sleeves and get the jobs done the excuse the foreigners have taken all the jobs is just that a excuse

Essex.

Germany and Poland have a more serious driver shortage than the UK, so I'm just wondering how I can twist it so that we can blame it on Brexit...

The EU doesn’t do anything for the uk if you are part of it? Responsibility is down to all countries to create a better Union.

"The EU remember them?

EU passports... I am not the most political clued up but apparently the fuel shortage we had had something to do with a lack of drivers , there is a shortage in the hospitality industry most of these jobs were done by Eastern Europeans these people have now gone back home.So who is going to fill these vacancies it’s now time for the British people that didn’t want to do these jobs in the first place to roll up their sleeves and get the jobs done the excuse the foreigners have taken all the jobs is just that a excuse "

The point is people from other countries done it cheaper. So people complained, now they will be paid more. The problem will be companies will hire less people. Catch 22

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"The EU remember them?

EU passports... I am not the most political clued up but apparently the fuel shortage we had had something to do with a lack of drivers , there is a shortage in the hospitality industry most of these jobs were done by Eastern Europeans these people have now gone back home.So who is going to fill these vacancies it’s now time for the British people that didn’t want to do these jobs in the first place to roll up their sleeves and get the jobs done the excuse the foreigners have taken all the jobs is just that a excuse

The point is people from other countries done it cheaper. So people complained, now they will be paid more. The problem will be companies will hire less people. Catch 22"

. Yes people from other countries did it cheaper but if a employer said this is the rate I am paying the person from the other countries mainly accepted it the British person would probably say I am not getting out of bed for that I personally think the British attitude has to change.Where I work we have 6 cleaners only one is British born of Italian origin the other 5 from Colombia and Romania could we really not have filled those 5 jobs with 5 British born people or do the British people not wish to do cleaning jobs

"The EU remember them?

EU passports... I am not the most political clued up but apparently the fuel shortage we had had something to do with a lack of drivers , there is a shortage in the hospitality industry most of these jobs were done by Eastern Europeans these people have now gone back home.So who is going to fill these vacancies it’s now time for the British people that didn’t want to do these jobs in the first place to roll up their sleeves and get the jobs done the excuse the foreigners have taken all the jobs is just that a excuse

The point is people from other countries done it cheaper. So people complained, now they will be paid more. The problem will be companies will hire less people. Catch 22. Yes people from other countries did it cheaper but if a employer said this is the rate I am paying the person from the other countries mainly accepted it the British person would probably say I am not getting out of bed for that I personally think the British attitude has to change.Where I work we have 6 cleaners only one is British born of Italian origin the other 5 from Colombia and Romania could we really not have filled those 5 jobs with 5 British born people or do the British people not wish to do cleaning jobs "

That’s exactly it, the money will go up but the amount of jobs will go down, money doesn’t grow on trees

more jobs with low wages or high wages with less jobs ... the law of diminishing returns

"money doesn’t grow on trees "

mind you, the tory government seem to have some that they can shake when they want

That might be the old age pension tree or the nhs tree. Very important trees

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"My friends PhD was paid for by an EU fund. There are so many projects in Wales that were funded by EU money. Sadly that has all stopped.

You have two choices, make brexit work or sit on your arse moaning about it. "

"Make Brexit Work"

You really don't get it do you?

It's like a premier League player cutting their leg off, replacing with a prosthetic and expecting to get back on the pitch playing top flight football. It could never work.

In the EU we were one of the star players. We took orders from the coach but were heavily influencial in the decision making. But let's just leave the team and play alone and make it work...

"Make Brexit Work"

It's like a premier League player cutting their leg off, replacing with a prosthetic and expecting to get back on the pitch playing top flight football. It could never work.

In the EU we were one of the star players. We took orders from the coach but were heavily influencial in the decision making. But let's just leave the team and play alone and make it work...

I don’t agree with brexit but I agree with the point we need to make it work, it’s here whether we like it or not.

"

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

The European Structural Funds were maddibely important to Wales, and other areas that were formerly heavily industrialised. I’m not against capitalism, but in favour of the proceeds being shared properly. This was a prime example - communities left with nothing once the mines etc went.

Bureaucrats far away in Brussels cared and did far more about them than Johnson, Rees-Mogg ever will.

scotland

"Make Brexit Work"

I don’t agree with brexit but I agree with the point we need to make it work, it’s here whether we like it or not.

"

I think you mean we need to make the best out of a self inflicted disaster..

"Make Brexit Work"

I think you mean we need to make the best out of a self inflicted disaster.."

yes that’s exactly what I mean

By *d4funtimesMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Same,what did the Romans ever do for us lol"

Roads, Bridges and water sanitation.

Passed Beyond Reach

"

So you agree it’s been a failure then?"

This is a true example of how people try to twist things to suit their own viewpoint.

Its been 18 monthes and covid - just pisses me off the people are so short sighted. How the fuck can you call brexit a failure in such a world turmoil and after such a short period of time.

People want it to fail just so they can shout "I told you so", rather than get off there arses and actually try and do something make a success of it.

I dont know what the future holds, but I see opportunities and so do many others do also.

All i have seen in these posts is people regurgitating pre brexit bremoaner arguments, propaganda and rhetoric. Brexit is done get over it

As i said ^^ the EU is in shit order and broken anyway. There may not be an EU in 5 years

Just for reference also, for the anti government contingent, this government like them or loathe them, have implemented more socialist policies in 2 years depite covid, world economic issues than the Labour party did in 12 years. But lets simply ignore things that fit the narrative.

Brexit a failure? Who the feck knows only time will tell - yeah more than 18 months ffs

"

This is a true example of how people try to twist things to suit their own viewpoint.

Its been 18 monthes and covid - just pisses me off the people are so short sighted. How the fuck can you call brexit a failure in such a world turmoil and after such a short period of time.

People want it to fail just so they can shout "I told you so", rather than get off there arses and actually try and do something make a success of it.

I dont know what the future holds, but I see opportunities and so do many others do also.

All i have seen in these posts is people regurgitating pre brexit bremoaner arguments, propaganda and rhetoric. Brexit is done get over it

As i said ^^ the EU is in shit order and broken anyway. There may not be an EU in 5 years

Just for reference also, for the anti government contingent, this government like them or loathe them, have implemented more socialist policies in 2 years depite covid, world economic issues than the Labour party did in 12 years. But lets simply ignore things that fit the narrative.

Brexit a failure? Who the feck knows only time will tell - yeah more than 18 months ffs

"

The one thing that people cannot take away from us here is being allowed to have an opinion. Some people can articulate better than others, some cannot understand people who don’t see things the way they do. We are lucky educated people unless we don’t want to be.

Cambridge

"

"

Right back at you. Twisting things around to suit your own narrative. No one else has food, fuel shortages despite covid.

scotland

"

"

What's the solution? The government has no plan. Just more BS to attempt to hide their failings and con the dimwits who voted Brexit...

Cambridge

Brexit was clearly a bad idea. I can’t believe people were so easily fooled by the vague promises and jingoistic drum-banging of the leave campaign. The leavers love to call people “sheep” but they were so easily led by empty slogans and promises. Someone told them to leave the EU and they just went “OK, whatever you say.”

The EU gave us free movement to live and work in Europe, fantastic trade deals across the partnership (because that’s what it was, a partnership), ensured peace and offered a united front that only made us stronger. It brought hundreds of quality of life improvements in including workers’ rights, environmental regulations and social care. The EU isn’t perfect but it is able to set new goals to correct itself. It’s flexible and inclusive and seeks to be fair. It’s open to all comers who qualify meaning there’s no favouritism as countries work together towards the same goals on a level playing field. We were part of that and able to work with others to set a progressive agenda but no…some people wanted to get back at “immigrants”, the “elite”, ”lefties” to get “are country” back and they were willing to fool themselves and believe obvious lies in order to hand power to such “men of the people” as Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Gove, Banks and Odey. And now they’re being laughed at by those very same people as they rinse us all for everything they can get for themselves and their friends. Don’t worry though! We’ve got “Sovereignty”, apples in pounds and ounces and Rule Britannia (not that you know the words, eh?)!

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

Bent bananas.

Why would you want people in Brussels making laws for our country when they haven't even been here.

"Why would you want people in Brussels making laws for our country when they haven't even been here. "

There has obviously got to be a headquarters but decisions on anything tend to be made by compromise and majority rule

Newcastle

Leaving has created inflation so the cost of living is going to increase considerably be prepared it's coming next year the complete shock causing further misery...

Newcastle

"Why would you want people in Brussels making laws for our country when they haven't even been here. "

So their is a law that suits the rights of every person rather than what only suitable for those who decided to make them and rest have to just follow these never trust your own government

Cambridge

Brussels is just the location where people from ALL the countries In the EU a come together and come to an agreement to make laws TOGETHER.

It’s not a random bunch of Belgians making laws for everyone else. You know that, right? And how do you know they “haven’t even been here”?

Cambridge

This talk of bent bananas is important. Johnson is on record as admitting he took EU rulings and deliberately misrepresented them in order to create headlines.

Basically he lied to stir people up. And he happily admits this.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

"The EU remember them?

EU passports.."

The idea of the European Union was made by a certain Adolf Hitler, where Germany would ruled its member states. Fast forward to the EU - Britain was no longer a sovereign nation, couldn’t make its own laws(the EU dictated it all) and allowed all and sundry to come through (Eg Romanian gangs using trafficked women as prostiuties/beggars/forced labourers). I am not against letting people into the UK - as long as they are checked and desirable for the country. Yes there are trucker shortages, but as a poster above stated, it’s the same in Germany and even the USA. The EU was reliant on the bulk of its money coming from the UK, Germany and France. The amount of money going out of Britain was insane! I’m happy we are out.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

I do feel the Leave camp have, whether by design or accident, actually done a favour for worker's wages in the UK. The worker shortages in various areas will force employers to raise their salaries, which have long been artificially low and suppressed by a larger labour pool.

Sure, it may mean higher prices on goods, but as the salaries rise to compensate, it will balance out in the end. Plus companies are mostly mindful of keeping their prices competitive (I'm not talking about luxury goods here, that's another story entirely.)

So if there is one solace to the whole sorry shit show, lower earning socio-economic groups should prosper.

"The EU remember them?

EU passports..

The idea of the European Union was made by a certain Adolf Hitler, where Germany would ruled its member states. Fast forward to the EU - Britain was no longer a sovereign nation, couldn’t make its own laws(the EU dictated it all) and allowed all and sundry to come through (Eg Romanian gangs using trafficked women as prostiuties/beggars/forced labourers). I am not against letting people into the UK - as long as they are checked and desirable for the country. Yes there are trucker shortages, but as a poster above stated, it’s the same in Germany and even the USA. The EU was reliant on the bulk of its money coming from the UK, Germany and France. The amount of money going out of Britain was insane! I’m happy we are out. "

Even though I don’t have the same opinion, the points you make are valid and well articulated. I believe it’s insecure to just have an opinion and not be open to other opinions

Cambridge

"The EU remember them?

EU passports..

The idea of the European Union was made by a certain Adolf Hitler, where Germany would ruled its member states. Fast forward to the EU - Britain was no longer a sovereign nation, couldn’t make its own laws(the EU dictated it all) and allowed all and sundry to come through (Eg Romanian gangs using trafficked women as prostiuties/beggars/forced labourers). I am not against letting people into the UK - as long as they are checked and desirable for the country. Yes there are trucker shortages, but as a poster above stated, it’s the same in Germany and even the USA. The EU was reliant on the bulk of its money coming from the UK, Germany and France. The amount of money going out of Britain was insane! I’m happy we are out. "

Pretty much everything you said there is untrue.

Hitler myth - https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/can-europe-make-it/is-eu-nazi-project-debunking-enduring-myth/

Sovereignty- the government’s own report said the UK suffered no loss of sovereignty being the EU.

The EU did NOT prevent us from making our laws.

It did not let “all and sundry” in. Plenty of people were deported or not allowed in. Known criminals were stopped from entering. You really think these criminal gangs announced what they were and our border guards just said “we have to let them in, the EU says so”. Spain is a known refuge for UK criminals. If the rest of the EU stopped all Brits entering countries because of this you’d moan about it being “unfair”.

There may be trucker shortages in other countries but combined with the effects caused by Brexit we are the only country suffering food, fuel, medicine etc. shortages.

As far as I’m aware the contributions to the EU are proportional so better-off countries pay more…you know…because that’s fair. Yes a lot of money went out but we got so much in return like freedom to live and work, trade partnerships and the like.

Where’s all this money that we don’t pay to the EU going? Is that “350 million a week” going to the NHS? Judging by the recent NI increase no it’s not. You’ve been conned, willingly it seems by your lack of basic research.

Slough

"The EU remember them?

EU passports..

The idea of the European Union was made by a certain Adolf Hitler, where Germany would ruled its member states. Fast forward to the EU - Britain was no longer a sovereign nation, couldn’t make its own laws(the EU dictated it all) and allowed all and sundry to come through (Eg Romanian gangs using trafficked women as prostiuties/beggars/forced labourers). I am not against letting people into the UK - as long as they are checked and desirable for the country. Yes there are trucker shortages, but as a poster above stated, it’s the same in Germany and even the USA. The EU was reliant on the bulk of its money coming from the UK, Germany and France. The amount of money going out of Britain was insane! I’m happy we are out.

Pretty much everything you said there is untrue.

Hitler myth - https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/can-europe-make-it/is-eu-nazi-project-debunking-enduring-myth/

Sovereignty- the government’s own report said the UK suffered no loss of sovereignty being the EU.

The EU did NOT prevent us from making our laws.

It did not let “all and sundry” in. Plenty of people were deported or not allowed in. Known criminals were stopped from entering. You really think these criminal gangs announced what they were and our border guards just said “we have to let them in, the EU says so”. Spain is a known refuge for UK criminals. If the rest of the EU stopped all Brits entering countries because of this you’d moan about it being “unfair”.

There may be trucker shortages in other countries but combined with the effects caused by Brexit we are the only country suffering food, fuel, medicine etc. shortages.

As far as I’m aware the contributions to the EU are proportional so better-off countries pay more…you know…because that’s fair. Yes a lot of money went out but we got so much in return like freedom to live and work, trade partnerships and the like.

Where’s all this money that we don’t pay to the EU going? Is that “350 million a week” going to the NHS? Judging by the recent NI increase no it’s not. You’ve been conned, willingly it seems by your lack of basic research."

No, they are facts! You can whine as much as you want. The EU could not stop other EU member stars nationals from coming in. As stated, see the amount of criminal gangs operating from Romania. Whatever money is raised in Britain should be used for the people of Britain. I also disagree with giving foreign aid to other countries when there are homeless people living in Britain. Charity begins at home.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bracknell... (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Using EU passport gates - now we're in with 'All Others' - it's painful

...but hey on a plus side can all go back to collecting passport stamps from all the countries you travel too...

No? Just me?!

Locus - I agree with more you say but because it’s how we see it doesn’t make other people wrong. Research and intellect only works if it’s communicated correctly. Most things are peoples perception of a situation the biggest issue in the world is lack of compromise

We relied on EU workers Drivers. Agricultural workers. Car washes etc they have a much greater Work ethic than Brits. We as a country are arrogant and living in the past Johnson thinks if we offer visas till christmas they will come flooding back, no chance as the 127 respondents prove . A farmer in Lincolnshire is offering £30 an hour to puck Broccoli and no takers 2 tears ago he had an army of EU workers on minimum wage. This is a very small part of what we gained from Being in the EU and this country could end up splitting into 4 small 3rd world countries thanks to this Government and the misguided idiots who voted for them and rhe embarrassment that is our PM

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

We had a free trade deal before we joined the common market why didn't we go back to the deal we had then. The EU are making it difficult for the UK because they need our money. Now it's just the Germans paying lots in and the French still reaping the benefits

Really??

People can’t jump on a a plane no??

So you might have to fill out a form from time to time?

Look not too far in the past and you’ll find we wasn’t always joined to the hip of the AMAZING “EU”

I travel every week with absolutely no problems whatsoever apart from the odd form/declaration etc.

Life is as normal as you want it too be

Cambridge

Your location says Republic of Ireland…part of the EU…maybe that’s why you move around so freely?

"Your location says Republic of Ireland…part of the EU…maybe that’s why you move around so freely?"

Now now…

Never “assume”

I’m English but I work out of the UK, Ireland and a handful of EU states.

I currently live in Ireland yes but I’ve to go back to the Motherland every week and then forward myself to the rest of Europe.

Hope this helps

Cambridge

"

No, they are facts! You can whine as much as you want. The EU could not stop other EU member stars nationals from coming in. As stated, see the amount of criminal gangs operating from Romania. Whatever money is raised in Britain should be used for the people of Britain. I also disagree with giving foreign aid to other countries when there are homeless people living in Britain. Charity begins at home. "

With all your complaints about Romanians you sound like the one “whining”.

What you said aren’t “facts”. A little research shows that.

What’s this obsession with Romanians? Just because there are criminals in Romania that means we shouldn’t let any Romanians in?

There are criminals in the UK. So you’d be ok with other countries saying you’re not allowed in there?

Ah the old line about foreign aid and “what about all the homeless here?” That usually descends into “but only if they’re ex-services and not junkies/criminals/layabouts.” Most people don’t give the homeless a second thought…until they’re useful in making spurious arguments and demands. How many homeless people have you given shelter to?

Cambridge

Ok, I stand corrected.

But the fact remains people are now complaining they can’t move around or live as freely as they could in the EU after Brexit. They have to go through customs checks and passport control.

You might be lucky/an exception but not everyone is. Plus I believe countries will be at liberty to start charging fees to enter and additionally we’ll have to start paying roaming charges.

Saying there’ll be no change in travel is factually wrong.

And coming out with meaningless platitudes like “it’s easy as you make it” is not really an argument or a solution. You can choose not to be bothered by these things but they will still happen. You might as well say “Shut up and do as you’re told”.

"The EU remember them?

EU passports.."

Lorry drivers

"Ok, I stand corrected.

But the fact remains people are now complaining they can’t move around or live as freely as they could in the EU after Brexit. They have to go through customs checks and passport control.

You might be lucky/an exception but not everyone is. Plus I believe countries will be at liberty to start charging fees to enter and additionally we’ll have to start paying roaming charges.

And coming out with meaningless platitudes like “it’s easy as you make it” is not really an argument or a solution. You can choose not to be bothered by these things but they will still happen. You might as well say “Shut up and do as you’re told”."

Custom checks?

Passport control??

So what of it? are we really that spoilt in life that we can’t be bothered to que for 5 minutes? I mean seriously!!!

We’ve finally found our back bone as a nation and all I see and hear is “why are we struggling” “why can’t I go to Europe like I did before” “Brexit is the cause of everything”

No it’s not the cause!! Tw*ts are the cause because they just won’t let it go and move on in life.

Never thought I’d say this but roll on the next generation

"The EU remember them?

EU passports..

Lorry drivers "

Don’t be that person

Slough

"Ok, I stand corrected.

And coming out with meaningless platitudes like “it’s easy as you make it” is not really an argument or a solution. You can choose not to be bothered by these things but they will still happen. You might as well say “Shut up and do as you’re told”.

Custom checks?

Passport control??

So what of it? are we really that spoilt in life that we can’t be bothered to que for 5 minutes? I mean seriously!!!

We’ve finally found our back bone as a nation and all I see and hear is “why are we struggling” “why can’t I go to Europe like I did before” “Brexit is the cause of everything”

No it’s not the cause!! Tw*ts are the cause because they just won’t let it go and move on in life.

Never thought I’d say this but roll on the next generation "

this

Slough

"

No, they are facts! You can whine as much as you want. The EU could not stop other EU member stars nationals from coming in. As stated, see the amount of criminal gangs operating from Romania. Whatever money is raised in Britain should be used for the people of Britain. I also disagree with giving foreign aid to other countries when there are homeless people living in Britain. Charity begins at home.

With all your complaints about Romanians you sound like the one “whining”.

What you said aren’t “facts”. A little research shows that.

What’s this obsession with Romanians? Just because there are criminals in Romania that means we shouldn’t let any Romanians in?

There are criminals in the UK. So you’d be ok with other countries saying you’re not allowed in there?

Ah the old line about foreign aid and “what about all the homeless here?” That usually descends into “but only if they’re ex-services and not junkies/criminals/layabouts.” Most people don’t give the homeless a second thought…until they’re useful in making spurious arguments and demands. How many homeless people have you given shelter to?"

Actually the USA does not allow foreign criminals into the country….

There should not be any homeless people in the UK - regardless of what they have/are doing in real life.

Cambridge

"Ok, I stand corrected.

Custom checks?

Passport control??

Never thought I’d say this but roll on the next generation "

These 5 minute delays are cumulative and end up being hours in some cases. I can’t wait until it affects people like you. Then we’ll see who’s the spoilt one,

“Found our backbone” More meaningless slogans. And resorting to insults. Sound argument you’ve got there.

People complaining about problems are not the cause of those problems. Do you see that? By your reasoning we should have sucked it up and stayed in the EU. But no…”backbone” or something.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

One day, we'll get over this obsession with borders. With flags. With countries.

Borders divide.

Flags divide.

Countries separate.

It's all human-made bollocks.

All we have done is globally condemned some countries and their populations with little to no resources to abject poverty and suffering.

Regulations and borders be damned.

If I want to go to place X to live and work, that's my business. Not some arbitrary line on a world atlas.

Cambridge

I know people with criminal records that have entered the US so that’s not true…

Agreed though, there should not be any homeless people here regardless of their circumstances.

By *arried-BBW-LookingWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 09/10/21 13:47:47]

By *arried-BBW-LookingWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"Cocks measured in Centimetres not Inches, 15 Centimetres sounds BIG "

We used the metric system in the 60s well before we joined the EU just another myth

Cambridge

To be clear it seems that the person I was replying to was saying we should be allowed to randomly stop people coming in due to their nationality. I didn’t mention the US but they don’t randomly stop, for example, Brits coming in because there are criminals like the Krays in the UK.

US border checks also rely on people notifying them of convictions when considering entry.

Slough

"To be clear it seems that the person I was replying to was saying we should be allowed to randomly stop people coming in due to their nationality. I didn’t mention the US but they don’t randomly stop, for example, Brits coming in because there are criminals like the Krays in the UK.

US border checks also rely on people notifying them of convictions when considering entry."

You are laughably thick!

“ Both the U.S. and Canada make it very difficult for anybody with a criminal record to cross the border. You can be barred from entry for a very wide variety of criminal offenses – even if they seemed to be minor when you were charged.”

Cambridge

"To be clear it seems that the person I was replying to was saying we should be allowed to randomly stop people coming in due to their nationality. I didn’t mention the US but they don’t randomly stop, for example, Brits coming in because there are criminals like the Krays in the UK.

US border checks also rely on people notifying them of convictions when considering entry.

You are laughably thick!

“ Both the U.S. and Canada make it very difficult for anybody with a criminal record to cross the border. You can be barred from entry for a very wide variety of criminal offenses – even if they seemed to be minor when you were charged.”

"

From the Nacro website:

If I lie on the ESTA form, will I be found out?

The short answer is: probably not. The US authorities do not have access to criminal record information held on the Police National Computer. However, if the authorities have particular concerns about an individual, they may request criminal record information from the Home Office by making an application through Interpol. Such requests, however, are rare.

Check. And mate I think.

Slough

You are laughably thick!

From the Nacro website:

If I lie on the ESTA form, will I be found out?

The short answer is: probably not. The US authorities do not have access to criminal record information held on the Police National Computer. However, if the authorities have particular concerns about an individual, they may request criminal record information from the Home Office by making an application through Interpol. Such requests, however, are rare.

Check. And mate I think."

No. Not at all.

You can keep dreaming of the EU, but it will never happen again.

Cambridge

It can be difficult to enter if you declare a crime but if you don’t declare it then it’s very unlikely you’ll be found out.

Btw literally no need to start hurling insults especially when you then go and make yourself look a little…well, silly.

"Ok, I stand corrected.

Custom checks?

Passport control??

Never thought I’d say this but roll on the next generation

These 5 minute delays are cumulative and end up being hours in some cases. I can’t wait until it affects people like you. Then we’ll see who’s the spoilt one,

“Found our backbone” More meaningless slogans. And resorting to insults. Sound argument you’ve got there.

People complaining about problems are not the cause of those problems. Do you see that? By your reasoning we should have sucked it up and stayed in the EU. But no…”backbone” or something."

Can’t be arsed to correct you on soooo many things BUT what I will do is bid you good day and hope our paths never cross.

Maybe then once you crawl out from your screen you’ll realize what a “Backbone” is.

Just a thought

Ok FAB police I’ll come willingly

Cambridge

See? Literally no argument apart from “haha dream on”.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"The EU remember them?

EU passports.."

The EU didn't 'give' us anything. As one of the largest net contributors to the project we paid handsomely for whatever benefits we received.

"See? Literally no argument apart from “haha dream on”."

Your one too push buttons ain’t ya!!

I

"The EU remember them?

EU passports..

The EU didn't 'give' us anything. As one of the largest net contributors to the project we paid handsomely for whatever benefits we received."

Finally!!!

Order has been restored

This place always makes me laugh, it’s like high school. Why do people take things personally. The world isn’t ending

Cambridge

I’ve never argued that fact. I just happen to think we got a good deal for what we paid in.

Cambridge

Just because someone gets triggered by what I might or might not say doesn’t mean I do it on purpose.

By *rewersprojectMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I travelled extensively in Europe before the Maastricht treaty. So I'm not sure what's changed in your eyes, other than the fact they'll need a passport rather than a photo ID.

"Just because someone gets triggered by what I might or might not say doesn’t mean I do it on purpose."

Of course you don’t but different opinions is healthy trying to prove your opinion is the only correct answer is pointless. I’m not having a dig at you it’s just a general observation

Cambridge

Opinions are like bumholes: you shouldn’t get them out in public…unless you’re on Fabs of course, where there’s a place for that sort of thing

"Opinions are like bumholes: you shouldn’t get them out in public…unless you’re on Fabs of course, where there’s a place for that sort of thing "

I like the cut of your gib

Given not even federal countries seem to put up tarrif, custom, or emoloyment barriers internally, I would suggest that these are generally not good things. That the removal of tarriffsa be barriers (rather than adding) tend to be the focus of trade deals I lean even more towards taking this as being an accepted economic belief. So to have been part of a Europe wide one feels like it would have been a benefit versus being outside.

(Note: there may be costs to this too, that's not what the thread is asking.)

Also, I've seen people say that being the 4th largest gdp is a good thing when it comes to trade deals. So to have deals negotiated as a bloc suggested tej EU gets better deals than an individual country. That we have rolled over so many, suggests they were good deals for us. And at the very least we spread the pain of negotiations.

The cynical part of me also believes that there are areas of the UK who have benefited more from funding via the EU than if we'd had more direct control. Given the Tories tend to favour low taxes, my guess is they would have shaved something from the top rather than spend elsewhere. Appreciate that's a personal view.

"the European Commission has probably been our [the Jenner institution] largest funder over the past five years until now" ... So there's a benefit we are almost quite literally living and breathing now. It's up for debate if we'd have been funding on the same way directly.

those pretending that the damage brexit has/is done/doing to the country is not a viable or sustainable strategy. in order to make the best of the mess that has resulted from it, the zealots must face facts and admit it has not worked out the way that they predicted, in fact it is the opposite, just as they were warned 5 or so years hence. to pretend that the damage is not increasing daily/weekly/monthly, is damaging the country further. it is now clear that those running post-brexit britain are utterly at a loss as how to move us forward with a plan to mitigate what is now known to be a cataclysmic disaster.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Easy access to cheap labour resulted in wages stagnating for too long.

Brexit has been awesome for us. Less than 1.56% interest on our mortgage, house value up, more job opportunities.

Haven't noticed any major increase in prices, and Godzilla still hasn't attacked.

By *errynjuneCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

They took our £365 million, but not to worry once that gets put into our NHS everything will be tickety boo.

Just wondering who feels sheepish now

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Easy access to cheap labour resulted in wages stagnating for too long."

So you think that wages should just now rise for no reason???

Are people not able to remember the 1970’s?

Then it was Arthur Scargill and Red Ken demanding higher wages for nothing. Now you have the actual Government and it’s sycophantic disciples suggesting more money for everyone.

What the absolute fuck?

Leeds

"those pretending that the damage brexit has/is done/doing to the country is not a viable or sustainable strategy. in order to make the best of the mess that has resulted from it, the zealots must face facts and admit it has not worked out the way that they predicted, in fact it is the opposite, just as they were warned 5 or so years hence. to pretend that the damage is not increasing daily/weekly/monthly, is damaging the country further. it is now clear that those running post-brexit britain are utterly at a loss as how to move us forward with a plan to mitigate what is now known to be a cataclysmic disaster."

Yawn. Argument without evidence is just a rant.

"Yawn. Argument without evidence is just a rant. "

no, it's the truth. hope this helps

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Far more than the UK does for the Celtic Nations. Smash the UK.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

But all those Johnny Foreigners coming over here and taking our jobs.

Not any more, us Englishers can now jump at the chance of picking vegetables and driving trucks and working in social care and construction.

But nobody told me I'd have to get out of bed to do these jobs.

Fucking Europeans, lazy bastards not wanting to come here and do all the jobs us superior English won't do.

Think we maybe in the shit here. ????????

Leeds

"Yawn. Argument without evidence is just a rant.

no, it's the truth. hope this helps "

You have an opinion on the "Truth" it doesn't actually resonate with reality though. Investment and economy are actually doing rather well. Brexit has shown up the greed of companies who have failed to invest in training, who have used the labour trained by other countries to their detriment.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

no, it's the truth. hope this helps You have an opinion on the "Truth" it doesn't actually resonate with reality though. Investment and economy are actually doing rather well. Brexit has shown up the greed of companies who have failed to invest in training, who have used the labour trained by other countries to their detriment. "

So when people said that there would be price rises because of Brexit, did you shout Project Fear? Or did you accept it as being truthful knowing that there would be a labour shortage and wage inflation post-Brexit?

It goes without saying that you accept that wage inflation results in general price increases - right??

Passed Beyond Reach

no, it's the truth. hope this helps You have an opinion on the "Truth" it doesn't actually resonate with reality though. Investment and economy are actually doing rather well. Brexit has shown up the greed of companies who have failed to invest in training, who have used the labour trained by other countries to their detriment. "

This, As i said ^^^ prepared for brexit an have a influx of EU contracts. This comment was dismissed because it didn't fit the narative. Yes complanies have been lazy and and complacent. Now moaning because they didn't get off their arse and now paying the price. That's not brexit failure it is theirs. But it is easier to blame others rather than accept their own failings.

Sound familier?

Leeds

no, it's the truth. hope this helps You have an opinion on the "Truth" it doesn't actually resonate with reality though. Investment and economy are actually doing rather well. Brexit has shown up the greed of companies who have failed to invest in training, who have used the labour trained by other countries to their detriment.

So when people said that there would be price rises because of Brexit, did you shout Project Fear? Or did you accept it as being truthful knowing that there would be a labour shortage and wage inflation post-Brexit?

It goes without saying that you accept that wage inflation results in general price increases - right??"

The company I work for employs people from a diverse range of backgrounds. The Eastern European guy who works for us, stayed mainly due to the fact that he was paid well to do what he does. We train anyone in the company who wants to upskill. We don't employ people and pay them minimum wage for a job that should pay more. You have places that I've been to who don't employ anyone from the local area. The workforce is from the continent. Signs in 4 or 5 different languages and the only native speakers are employed for front facing staffing. Large companies that squeeze profit out of the workforce need to start paying more and if that means you can longer have cheap foodstuffs then so be it. With the in tease of wages it means that menial labour becomes more desirable than benefits.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Stick to british support british farming. "

We do too but when did you last see a ready meal with a badge saying contents British anything?

That’s where the undercutting will start and the hormones will start appearing in our food. We are not suddenly going to buy twice as many beef or lamb joints from Australia. It will be introduced into the food chain without any identity.

One if the USA’s requests on trade deals is to omit country of origin from their meet because the world knows it’s so shit!!

Manchester

"Unlimited travel & work opportunities throughout the most historic, cultural & beautiful continent on Earth. A right that’s been taken away from my kids.

I travelled extensively in Europe before the Maastricht treaty. So I'm not sure what's changed in your eyes, other than the fact they'll need a passport rather than a photo ID. "

I’ve travelled throughout Europe too for 30 plus years. We have offices and business in various countries.

What I noticed was isolated at first but have started to see more generally now is a dismissal of the U.K. as an easy to deal with or a trusted partner. The Scandinavian offices have been told to source products from inside the EU going forward by our customers.

They are turning off to the U.K. . This message is now spreading to other offices as we are too much bother and it’s easier to deal inside EU.

This attitude eventually will hinder opportunities for young U.K. adults to experience European culture quite as easily, as those opportunities will start to disappear.

On my travels other comments I noted were “We are looking very Greek with our incompetence and shambolic government.” Also “Why do people vote for that idiot Boris?” Another “Why put up borders and costs to trade with your biggest market it’s just madness.”

I have no convincing answers. Other than readers of The Mail, Express and Sun actually believe the bullshit they are fed! Immigration is a good thing for a growing country with an ageing population but the message was rammed home that immigrants and the EU are to blame for our corrupt incompetent governments bad management.

It’s ok soon we will be following the US and Poland with our judicial changes which will lean our courts towards favouring the tories and when it’s exposed it will quickly be shut down by the new gagging laws on our free press.

How can a justice minister be the deputy prime minister. One is supposed to monitor and keep in check the other!!!

Scotland leaving cuts opposition MPs so Boris is quite happy.

We will soon be the Singapore of Europe with a similar governing class.

When it’s too late people will say well I didn’t vote for this!! Yes actually you did!

Leeds

All anecdotal. I am dealing with companies in Ireland, Italy and Belgium at the moment and have not heard the same. Maybe it's just your company that's having the issues.

Manchester

"All anecdotal. I am dealing with companies in Ireland, Italy and Belgium at the moment and have not heard the same. Maybe it's just your company that's having the issues. "

Yes Anecdotal and repeated in a similar vein by other U.K. company directors I’ve spoken with. Maybe they are having issues too?? Oh hang on yes they are .

We own business in quite a few countries so when a foreign government procurement uses one of those above quotes seriously that’s not just anecdotal it’s a troubling fact. We have shifted some production to the continent to avoid loss of market share. That’s less jobs and investment in the U.K. The U.K. won’t collapse with a few million pounds worth of our business and jobs moving but how many others are going to have to make the same move?

The self inflicted disaster of Brexit has amazed and shocked a lot of our international colleagues. We have lost a lot of respect.

We have failed our young generation by allowing bigoted and ignorant nationalist views to gain political support. The world is getting smaller and we are now getting isolated as a result weaker.

Brexit is about securing £9 Billion a week in tax avoidance and nothing to do with a better future for the average person in this country,. The present damage to our economy will hinder any future chances for our children.

To improve this countries fairness and growth we would only need to stop tax avoidance for 5 years to virtually write off our national debt . That’s how much money governments repeatedly give away year after year. Wouldn’t it be good to invest it for all..

Leeds

Again all anecdotal and no evidence.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Made 70% of our laws and we, the voters, couldn't vote them out. Negated our democracy

Passed Beyond Reach

"

We have failed our young generation by allowing bigoted and ignorant nationalist views to gain political support. The world is getting smaller and we are now getting isolated as a result weaker.

"

Aren't SNP Scotland doing exactly the same thing to try and get their independence.

For that matter France as well

Just curious

Spain, Lancs

Brought about flooding. They have 'competence' for the environment and we voters can't touch them.

Spain, Lancs

Brought about the diesel engine farce. And we voters couldn't touch them

Spain, Lancs

Forced up food prices behind their tariff wall. We voters can't touch them

Spain, Lancs

Undermined UK wages by flooding the UK labour market. Thanks free movement! We voters can't touch them

Spain, Lancs

Increased bullying by bosses. Thanks free movement of labour! We voters can't touch them

Spain, Lancs

Led to the near extinction of apprenticeships in the UK. Why train workers when you can import them cheaply from abroad?

Thanks free movement!

We voters couldn't touch them

Spain, Lancs

Taken UK fish. Thanks Common Fisheries Policy!

We voters couldn't touch them.

Spain, Lancs

Led to larger lorries on the roads with increased wear on roads.

Thanks EU competence on transport! We voters couldn't touch them

Spain, Lancs

Increased car prices by 12%. Thanks the External Tariff Wall!

We voters couldn't touch it

Spain, Lancs

Cost UK jobs.

Thanks EU competition policy for banning subsidies!

Spain, Lancs

Privatisation of Royal Mail.

Thanks EU for your competition law.

Spain, Lancs

Privatisation of electricity.

Spain, Lancs

Privatisation of gas, trains

Spain, Lancs

Introduction of dangerous 'smart' motorways.

Thanks EU transport and environment competences!

Passed Beyond Reach

[Removed by poster at 10/10/21 20:17:31]

scotland

"Made 70% of our laws and we, the voters, couldn't vote them out. Negated our democracy"

Don't use stats that you can't reasonably verify.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-what-proportion-influenced-eu/

scotland

"Undermined UK wages by flooding the UK labour market. Thanks free movement! We voters can't touch them "

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/myth-busting-free-movement/

"Forced up food prices behind their tariff wall. We voters can't touch them"
we haven't done much since we've been able to set our own if I remember correctly...

"Introduction of dangerous 'smart' motorways.

Thanks EU transport and environment competences!

We voters couldn't touch them."

intrigued by this. Looks like it's from European Union Directive 2010/40/EU... But the first smart motorway in the UK was 2006.

Although I suppose there may be an argument that the directive locks on the direction (does it mandate smart motorways?)

Up for public consultation again.

Spain, Lancs

Confirmed by the House of Commons library

Spain, Lancs

"Undermined UK wages by flooding the UK labour market. Thanks free movement! We voters can't touch them

"

The extent of downward pressure on wages caused by EU free movement is revealed by the extent to which wages are now rising in the parts of the labour market most undermined by the EU.

That's why bad businesses loved the EU...they loved the cheap labour and the fact they didn't have to train workers

Spain, Lancs

The EU sent us huge bills...at least £39b per year.

Thanks EU structural funds!

Voters couldn't touch them

Spain, Lancs

They sent us small amounts of our own money back ..and then demanded that we spent it in the way they told us.

We sent them tenners and received fivers back!

And voters couldn't even touch them.

"Undermined UK wages by flooding the UK labour market. Thanks free movement! We voters can't touch them

The extent of downward pressure on wages caused by EU free movement is revealed by the extent to which wages are now rising in the parts of the labour market most undermined by the EU.

That's why bad businesses loved the EU...they loved the cheap labour and the fact they didn't have to train workers"

I suspect there were places where this has happened. What intrigues me ATM is that many ppl are reluctant to say that the shortages are from brexit (eg lorry drivers), but will claim the win for the wages.

Imo we have got some stabilisation before we truly know. There will be closures as well as payrises which will further disturb the equilibrium.

"Confirmed by the House of Commons library"
which post are you replying to?

And can you link to that? I'm sure that's okay here ...

Spain, Lancs

The EU sent us 6m people which forced up house prices for young people and lengthened waiting lists in the NHS.

The 6m was revealed when EU citizens had to register last year and earlier this year. Remainers lied in the referendum that the figure was 2m.

Thanks EU free movement!

We voters couldn't touch it

Spain, Lancs

"Confirmed by the House of Commons librarywhich post are you replying to?

And can you link to that? I'm sure that's okay here ..."

The House of Commons library confirmed that 67% of UK law was sent to us in the form of EU directives