FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Covid report

Covid report

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Descring government handling as worst of modern times.

Government minister refuses to apologise.

Just when you thought this lot couldn't get any lower

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Just said this on another thread...

To all the people who voted for Brexit and then also voted for this shambolic criminally negligent corrupt Tory govt led by BJ I say...

Thanks. Well done! Hope you are proud because this Brexit shitshow and the handling of Covid (inc the embezzlement of our taxes into dodgy contracts for their chums) is ultimately down to people like you...

Slooooooooooow clap

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

"Just said this on another thread...

To all the people who voted for Brexit and then also voted for this shambolic criminally negligent corrupt Tory govt led by BJ I say...

Thanks. Well done! Hope you are proud because this Brexit shitshow and the handling of Covid (inc the embezzlement of our taxes into dodgy contracts for their chums) is ultimately down to people like you...

Slooooooooooow clap"

Well said, we are with you.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

I not a leaver or remainer but should of been obvious to everyone,all those in parliment who were trying to get brexit overturned or a peoples vote are to blame for boris being where he is,it was as obvious as the nose on ya face that he was gona get elected as soon as election was called.leavers had one party to vote for remainers spread theres over several partys and listend to gina miller and her lunatic idea of tactical voting,thats why bozo is in number 10

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Slooooooooooow clap"

What's Brexit got to do with Covid? Does Brexit also account for all the appalling mistakes which have been made by other governments around the world?

Does Brexit account for all the corruption we see in the EU, US and around the globe?

The fact that you have a Brexit fixation is down to Brexit I'll admit. Try to get over it before it makes you ill.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And Johnson is now on holiday. He tends to bugger off whenever he wants to avoid something.

Slooooooooooow clap

What's Brexit got to do with Covid? Does Brexit also account for all the appalling mistakes which have been made by other governments around the world?

Does Brexit account for all the corruption we see in the EU, US and around the globe?

The fact that you have a Brexit fixation is down to Brexit I'll admit. Try to get over it before it makes you ill.

"

Brexit is the reason why we have Boris and his useless government in charge

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Slooooooooooow clap

Brexit is the reason why we have Boris and his useless government in charge "

No you can thank Corbyn for that out of date, out of credible policies and sat on the fence over brexit.

Slooooooooooow clap

Brexit is the reason why we have Boris and his useless government in charge No you can thank Corbyn for that out of date, out of credible policies and sat on the fence over brexit."

So Boris didn’t ‘win’ the election JC lost it? Interesting take

Brighton

Slooooooooooow clap

"

Hmmm well actually the parliamentary report is very clear that the UK Govt response to Covid has been one of the worst in the Western World. Why is that? Because we have a bunch of incompetents in the Cabinet led by the chief clown himself who have used the cover provided by Covid and the passing of emergency powers to oversee the greatest transfer of national assets (our tax money) into private hands in history.

Why are these self serving opportunistic criminals in govt? Because of the single issue of “get Brexit done”. Many people voted for these idiots based on that single issue and in the process gave them an unassailable 80 seat majority.

So yes Brexit does have a lot to do with our response to and results of Covid.

Anyone who voted for these clowns based purely on Brexit without also considering what else they might intend to do (and that is before Covid was known about) is complicit.

By *otVixenWhiteStagCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Now Matt Hancock ,we remember him unfortunately, now UN special Evoy to Africa, advising on FINANCIAL and COVID affairs , more money for him and his mates to pocket , or is this a hush hush job say nothing.

Reward for total failure . Sad

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Now Matt Hancock ,we remember him unfortunately, now UN special Evoy to Africa, advising on FINANCIAL and COVID affairs , more money for him and his mates to pocket , or is this a hush hush job say nothing.

Reward for total failure . Sad "

Its an unpaid role.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Slooooooooooow clap"

you want 17.4 million ppl to clap that’s how many ppl voted democratically some of them where your family and friends so ask them to clap first petal lol

Brighton

Slooooooooooow clapyou want 17.4 million ppl to clap that’s how many ppl voted democratically some of them where your family and friends so ask them to clap first petal lol"

I am giving them a slow clap because they all did so well. Brexit is a shitshow. It opened the door to the most inept corrupt govt this country has ever seen and as a result their handling of Covid has lead to far more deaths than it should have. So well done! No really, well done!

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

"I not a leaver or remainer but should of been obvious to everyone,all those in parliment who were trying to get brexit overturned or a peoples vote are to blame for boris being where he is,it was as obvious as the nose on ya face that he was gona get elected as soon as election was called.leavers had one party to vote for remainers spread theres over several partys and listend to gina miller and her lunatic idea of tactical voting,thats why bozo is in number 10"

I voted remain but it was a democratic vote so everyone should have concentrated on getting a good leave deal with the EU rater than fighting democracy. extreme remainers remind me of Trump

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"I not a leaver or remainer but should of been obvious to everyone,all those in parliment who were trying to get brexit overturned or a peoples vote are to blame for boris being where he is,it was as obvious as the nose on ya face that he was gona get elected as soon as election was called.leavers had one party to vote for remainers spread theres over several partys and listend to gina miller and her lunatic idea of tactical voting,thats why bozo is in number 10

I voted remain but it was a democratic vote so everyone should have concentrated on getting a good leave deal with the EU rater than fighting democracy. extreme remainers remind me of Trump

"

How democratic it was is questionable. If it had been set up as a binding vote, then it would have been void due to irregularities and illegal activities.

As it was setup up as non-binding, these rules did not apply, but the result was then treated as binding.

I think this is the basis for the level of push back, and anger.

I also won't accept that had the result gone the other way that the leave voters would not have done the same. Farage even said that if it was a close run thing then it wasn't over.

"I not a leaver or remainer but should of been obvious to everyone,all those in parliment who were trying to get brexit overturned or a peoples vote are to blame for boris being where he is,it was as obvious as the nose on ya face that he was gona get elected as soon as election was called.leavers had one party to vote for remainers spread theres over several partys and listend to gina miller and her lunatic idea of tactical voting,thats why bozo is in number 10

How democratic it was is questionable. If it had been set up as a binding vote, then it would have been void due to irregularities and illegal activities.

As it was setup up as non-binding, these rules did not apply, but the result was then treated as binding.

I think this is the basis for the level of push back, and anger.

I also won't accept that had the result gone the other way that the leave voters would not have done the same. Farage even said that if it was a close run thing then it wasn't over."

Exactly, and Boris had an 80 seat majority with an election promise to get Brexit done, then question is this? Has he got Brexit done?

thornaby

Slooooooooooow clapyou want 17.4 million ppl to clap that’s how many ppl voted democratically some of them where your family and friends so ask them to clap first petal lol

I am giving them a slow clap because they all did so well. Brexit is a shitshow. It opened the door to the most inept corrupt govt this country has ever seen and as a result their handling of Covid has lead to far more deaths than it should have. So well done! No really, well done!"

do you say things like that to your family members and friends and work colleagues aswell lol bet your a barrel of laughs at family dos lol

Slooooooooooow clapyou want 17.4 million ppl to clap that’s how many ppl voted democratically some of them where your family and friends so ask them to clap first petal lol

I am giving them a slow clap because they all did so well. Brexit is a shitshow. It opened the door to the most inept corrupt govt this country has ever seen and as a result their handling of Covid has lead to far more deaths than it should have. So well done! No really, well done! do you say things like that to your family members and friends and work colleagues aswell lol bet your a barrel of laughs at family dos lol"

You voted for Boris ? I am guessing you voted for him to ‘get Brexit done’ ? Do you think he has achieved that ?

thornaby

I am giving them a slow clap because they all did so well. Brexit is a shitshow. It opened the door to the most inept corrupt govt this country has ever seen and as a result their handling of Covid has lead to far more deaths than it should have. So well done! No really, well done! do you say things like that to your family members and friends and work colleagues aswell lol bet your a barrel of laughs at family dos lol

You voted for Boris ? I am guessing you voted for him to ‘get Brexit done’ ? Do you think he has achieved that ? "

well we are out so I’d say ye mate

I am giving them a slow clap because they all did so well. Brexit is a shitshow. It opened the door to the most inept corrupt govt this country has ever seen and as a result their handling of Covid has lead to far more deaths than it should have. So well done! No really, well done! do you say things like that to your family members and friends and work colleagues aswell lol bet your a barrel of laughs at family dos lol

You voted for Boris ? I am guessing you voted for him to ‘get Brexit done’ ? Do you think he has achieved that ? well we are out so I’d say ye mate "

Are we? So no need to renegotiate any aspect of the deal? Your happy with it as it is?

thornaby

You voted for Boris ? I am guessing you voted for him to ‘get Brexit done’ ? Do you think he has achieved that ? well we are out so I’d say ye mate

Are we? So no need to renegotiate any aspect of the deal? Your happy with it as it is? "

we will always be negotiating on something with the eu mate

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Always travelling

Slooooooooooow clap

"

What's brexit got to do with the handling of Covid ?

Fact is the government weren't fully focused on either and made a right bollox of both.

thornaby

Slooooooooooow clap

What's brexit got to do with the handling of Covid ?

Fact is the government weren't fully focused on either and made a right bollox of both."

there just obsessed with brexit it’s still eating them up

Thornaby

You voted for Boris ? I am guessing you voted for him to ‘get Brexit done’ ? Do you think he has achieved that ? well we are out so I’d say ye mate

Are we? So no need to renegotiate any aspect of the deal? Your happy with it as it is? we will always be negotiating on something with the eu mate "

That's not what was promised though is it?

I fondly remember Gove saying " no downsides, only considerable upsides"

Just how's that working out?

thornaby

Are we? So no need to renegotiate any aspect of the deal? Your happy with it as it is? we will always be negotiating on something with the eu mate

Just how's that working out? "

he was voted in to get us out he done that jobs done bit of luck he’s out next GE but he won’t if steamers his opposition lol starmer

Thornaby

Are we? So no need to renegotiate any aspect of the deal? Your happy with it as it is? we will always be negotiating on something with the eu mate

Just how's that working out? he was voted in to get us out he done that jobs done bit of luck he’s out next GE but he won’t if steamers his opposition lol starmer "

No he was voted in to deliver his promises.

These include new hospitals

Delivery of his oven ready deal

Leading us to the sunlit uplands

Reducing immigration

So far he's delivered 500 quid a roll wallpaper, spaffing 37 billion quid on test and trace service, that has its core, excel.

Several expensive foreign holidays paid for by we know not who.

Great eh?

Are we? So no need to renegotiate any aspect of the deal? Your happy with it as it is? we will always be negotiating on something with the eu mate "

Why? Brexit is done ?

By *otVixenWhiteStagCouple  over a year ago

Preston

[Removed by poster at 13/10/21 18:17:53]

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Worst response in the Western world, how can they say that - did they do the investigation and reports for the other countries responses.

Currently infection rates are not ideal, others around us have far higher rates, when you look at our world in data and EU's own official organisation, EU statista data, then there are a lot worse than the UK. Many countries don't know how bad they really were and still don't because they don't record statistics like the UK.

This parliamentary report sounds like another feed of crock.

Thornaby

Why? Brexit is done ? "

Brexit will be done when everything promised is delivered.

Not a moment before.

Why? Brexit is done ?

Brexit will be done when everything promised is delivered.

Not a moment before."

If you don’t like it then leave the UK!

Byeeere

Brighton

I am giving them a slow clap because they all did so well. Brexit is a shitshow. It opened the door to the most inept corrupt govt this country has ever seen and as a result their handling of Covid has lead to far more deaths than it should have. So well done! No really, well done! do you say things like that to your family members and friends and work colleagues aswell lol bet your a barrel of laughs at family dos lol"

Well people tend to laugh with me rather than at me for starters. I can be quite amusing and hold a pretty good conversation.

Pretty much everyone I know who admits they voted leave regrets it. Many, who are brave enough, will now openly admit their vote to leave was more of a protest vote against the establishment and Cameron rather than actually having any real issue with the EU.

However, regardless of whether you voted leave or remain, my point still stands...the only reason we have this absolute godawful corrupt inept government led by the court jester himself is because enough people wanted Brexit. The quality of this government has directly contributed to the awful covid outcome in the UK.

Apparently brexiters all knew what they were voting for (many didn’t actually) so that can only mean that the shitshow happening now is what they wanted AND they wanted THIS government. So as per my original point, well done, this is all on you!

thornaby

Well people tend to laugh with me rather than at me for starters. I can be quite amusing and hold a pretty good conversation.

Pretty much everyone I know who admits they voted leave regrets it. Many, who are brave enough, will now openly admit their vote to leave was more of a protest vote against the establishment and Cameron rather than actually having any real issue with the EU.

However, regardless of whether you voted leave or remain, my point still stands...the only reason we have this absolute godawful corrupt inept government led by the court jester himself is because enough people wanted Brexit. The quality of this government has directly contributed to the awful covid outcome in the UK.

Apparently brexiters all knew what they were voting for (many didn’t actually) so that can only mean that the shitshow happening now is what they wanted AND they wanted THIS government. So as per my original point, well done, this is all on you! "

maybe if labour had kept to there promise to back the will of the people Boris would t be a problem

Thornaby

Apparently brexiters all knew what they were voting for (many didn’t actually) so that can only mean that the shitshow happening now is what they wanted AND they wanted THIS government. So as per my original point, well done, this is all on you! maybe if labour had kept to there promise to back the will of the people Boris would t be a problem "

They did not say they would overturn brexit, feel free to provide a direct quote to r contrary they did say it should cause no damage. You'd have to be insane to want to trash the economy

thornaby

Apparently brexiters all knew what they were voting for (many didn’t actually) so that can only mean that the shitshow happening now is what they wanted AND they wanted THIS government. So as per my original point, well done, this is all on you! maybe if labour had kept to there promise to back the will of the people Boris would t be a problem

They did not say they would overturn brexit, feel free to provide a direct quote to r contrary they did say it should cause no damage. You'd have to be insane to want to trash the economy"

they said they would hold another referendum and campaign for remain ffs that’s after they said they would uphold the will of the people is that fair enough for you ?

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"Descring government handling as worst of modern times.

Government minister refuses to apologise.

Just when you thought this lot couldn't get any lower "

BUT - while all this is going on, 145 people die each day. Have you not noticed that the media don't quote this as an annual figure?

Last year the rate of death was not much higher yet, masks to be worn, 2 metre distance, pubs and clubs were shut, schools were shut.

So, why is 53,000 people a year dying still acceptable?

1500 people dying per day at its peak is unacceptable, yet the same number dying over 10 days is?

Now that other items dominate the News cycle, is this really "over" and back to normal?

If any of you you have seen the film The Beach - after they get sick of seeing the guy dying after the shark bite so drag him off to dye alone and out of sight.

Is this what we've got to, out of sight, out of mind?

It is all a despicable disgrace especially removal of social distancing and masks knowing rates are so high.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Slooooooooooow clap

"

Who got voted in to get 'Brexit done', is the same person who is responsible for the Covid fuck up.

Could that be the link between brexit, and the covid farce???

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Now Matt Hancock ,we remember him unfortunately, now UN special Evoy to Africa, advising on FINANCIAL and COVID affairs , more money for him and his mates to pocket , or is this a hush hush job say nothing.

Reward for total failure . Sad "

The old boys network looks after their own, while fucking anyone else over.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Look we all know what happened, the ballot box in two years time is the only way to register your disdain.

thornaby

Slooooooooooow clap

Who got voted in to get 'Brexit done', is the same person who is responsible for the Covid fuck up.

Could that be the link between brexit, and the covid farce???"

ffs did anyone in the planet know we where going to have to deal with covid you do know it’s world wide not just the U.K.

Thornaby

Slooooooooooow clap

Could that be the link between brexit, and the covid farce???ffs did anyone in the planet know we where going to have to deal with covid you do know it’s world wide not just the U.K. "

Absolutely, nothing we could do to avoid the pain, hurt and disruption it caused, how we handled it, or didn't handle it is another matter altogether.

thornaby

Slooooooooooow clap

Could that be the link between brexit, and the covid farce???ffs did anyone in the planet know we where going to have to deal with covid you do know it’s world wide not just the U.K.

Absolutely, nothing we could do to avoid the pain, hurt and disruption it caused, how we handled it, or didn't handle it is another matter altogether."

lots of things should of been done better that’s a fact but there was nothing we could of done to stop it that fault lays with China we all know Boris was shite but that’s nothin to do with brexit tho

Slooooooooooow clap

Could that be the link between brexit, and the covid farce???ffs did anyone in the planet know we where going to have to deal with covid you do know it’s world wide not just the U.K.

Absolutely, nothing we could do to avoid the pain, hurt and disruption it caused, how we handled it, or didn't handle it is another matter altogether.lots of things should of been done better that’s a fact but there was nothing we could of done to stop it that fault lays with China we all know Boris was shite but that’s nothin to do with brexit tho "

No one is saying Covid and Brexit are connected. But the Government we have dealing (poorly) with Covid is due to the Brexit vote, and the electorate falling for the "Get Brexit Done" chant.

I believe that was the point being made.

Brighton

Absolutely the point. Not a hard concept to grasp really!

We only have THIS govt due to Brexit. They are inept, corrupt, and self serving. Their primary focus is on how they can enrich themselves and maximise the opportunities for disaster capitalism.

Worst govt at worst time!

thornaby

"Absolutely the point. Not a hard concept to grasp really!

We only have THIS govt due to Brexit. They are inept, corrupt, and self serving. Their primary focus is on how they can enrich themselves and maximise the opportunities for disaster capitalism.

Worst govt at worst time!"

but your anger should be aimed at the last labour government for been so shit maybe then we wouldn’t have daft arse in charge

Worst govt at worst time!but your anger should be aimed at the last labour government for been so shit maybe then we wouldn’t have daft arse in charge "

The last Labour government was 10 years ago, and by many measures were successful (lifting children out of poverty is one, not overseeing the reduction in life expectancy is another).

The "failure" generally quoted is being in charge when there was a global financial crisis, largely generated by failures in American banking. Even there Brown's handling was widely praised around the world, as decisive and stopping further catastrophe.

We then had a number of years of the Torys constantly trying to blame Labour for the crisis, and the following austerity, which was a totally ideological choice, not something that had to be done.

Worst govt at worst time!but your anger should be aimed at the last labour government for been so shit maybe then we wouldn’t have daft arse in charge "

How can you possibly blame the last labour government for Boris being in charge?

thornaby

Worst govt at worst time!but your anger should be aimed at the last labour government for been so shit maybe then we wouldn’t have daft arse in charge

How can you possibly blame the last labour government for Boris being in charge? "

you know fine well if labour and jc had come out and said they would back brexit he wouldn’t be in charge

Worst govt at worst time!but your anger should be aimed at the last labour government for been so shit maybe then we wouldn’t have daft arse in charge

How can you possibly blame the last labour government for Boris being in charge? you know fine well if labour and jc had come out and said they would back brexit he wouldn’t be in charge "

What’s has that got to do with the ‘last labour government’ ?

thornaby

How can you possibly blame the last labour government for Boris being in charge? you know fine well if labour and jc had come out and said they would back brexit he wouldn’t be in charge

What’s has that got to do with the ‘last labour government’ ? "

ok smart arse the last GE ya knew what I ment ffs

How can you possibly blame the last labour government for Boris being in charge? you know fine well if labour and jc had come out and said they would back brexit he wouldn’t be in charge

What’s has that got to do with the ‘last labour government’ ? ok smart arse the last GE ya knew what I ment ffs"

No I didn’t, I am not a mind reader . Let’s be honest, you voted for Boris because you believed all his bull shit and lies, the only thing you cared about was his promise to ‘get Brexit done ‘ you didn’t care that he was a compulsive liar , the sad reality is that he hasn’t got Brexit done abs he never will

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Slooooooooooow clap

Could that be the link between brexit, and the covid farce???ffs did anyone in the planet know we where going to have to deal with covid you do know it’s world wide not just the U.K. "

Err, actually yes.

A catastrophic global pandemic has been forecast for many years and SHOULD have been factored into everything a responsible government does.

Too many years they were running the cupboards down to offset against buying in more.

2020 being the year it hit, was irrelevant, as there should have been planning in place - Brexit or NO Brexit.

We already had SARS, MERS and numerous Bird and Swine Flu scares so absolutely unacceptable to claim it came out the blue..

thornaby

What’s has that got to do with the ‘last labour government’ ? ok smart arse the last GE ya knew what I ment ffs

No I didn’t, I am not a mind reader . Let’s be honest, you voted for Boris because you believed all his bull shit and lies, the only thing you cared about was his promise to ‘get Brexit done ‘ you didn’t care that he was a compulsive liar , the sad reality is that he hasn’t got Brexit done abs he never will "

eh your not a mind reader yet your telling me what I believed lol I voted for him to get us out and he did we are out mate even if you think we arnt Boris lies yes so did Cameron Blair Corbyn ye all lie there politicians ffs

What’s has that got to do with the ‘last labour government’ ? ok smart arse the last GE ya knew what I ment ffs

No I didn’t, I am not a mind reader . Let’s be honest, you voted for Boris because you believed all his bull shit and lies, the only thing you cared about was his promise to ‘get Brexit done ‘ you didn’t care that he was a compulsive liar , the sad reality is that he hasn’t got Brexit done abs he never will eh your not a mind reader yet your telling me what I believed lol I voted for him to get us out and he did we are out mate even if you think we arnt Boris lies yes so did Cameron Blair Corbyn ye all lie there politicians ffs "

We are out but Brexit isn’t ‘done’ , he signed a deal that he now wants to change, this shit show will continue for years , it’s a farce .

thornaby

No I didn’t, I am not a mind reader . Let’s be honest, you voted for Boris because you believed all his bull shit and lies, the only thing you cared about was his promise to ‘get Brexit done ‘ you didn’t care that he was a compulsive liar , the sad reality is that he hasn’t got Brexit done abs he never will eh your not a mind reader yet your telling me what I believed lol I voted for him to get us out and he did we are out mate even if you think we arnt Boris lies yes so did Cameron Blair Corbyn ye all lie there politicians ffs

We are out but Brexit isn’t ‘done’ , he signed a deal that he now wants to change, this shit show will continue for years , it’s a farce . "

agree it’s been a farce Iv never said other wise mate just wish labour did t bite starmer as leader because I think bj could be in for a long time

» Add a new message to this topic