FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trade deal with Australia

Trade deal with Australia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple  over a year ago

Thornaby

The one BoZo was trumpeting about, the one they had our pants down on.

Australia has walked away from it.

Ooopsr

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I thought it was all in Australia’s favour aswell why have they walked of ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The one BoZo was trumpeting about, the one they had our pants down on.

Ooopsr"

O dear,

Thornaby

"I thought it was all in Australia’s favour aswell why have they walked of ?"

Perhaps they don't trust a country that backslides on deals?

Ooopsr"

do you have a link. Not yet popping up on Google ...

Thornaby

Ooopsrdo you have a link. Not yet popping up on Google ..."

Google Australia UK trade deal, lots of links for you

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I'm not seeing it at all.

By *eanoCoolMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Ooopsr"

Thats not quite true though is it, they haven't walked away, they are finalising the legal texts and that is taking longer than first anticipated, but from what has been reported the deal is still on and now due to be finalised next year.

Ooopsr

Thats not quite true though is it, they haven't walked away, they are finalising the legal texts and that is taking longer than first anticipated, but from what has been reported the deal is still on and now due to be finalised next year. "

yeah, that's what I was getting too. The two draft texts are 1000 pages different !!

Grantham

Ooops. Someones seen a headline and jumped in feet first!

Thornaby

Ooopsr

Thats not quite true though is it, they haven't walked away, they are finalising the legal texts and that is taking longer than first anticipated, but from what has been reported the deal is still on and now due to be finalised next year. "

But but, BoZo was all over the press saying it was done, a great deal, when it wasn't done and Australia wants it in cast iron, no room for BoZo to squirm out, perhaps they have been paying attention to his backsliding.

He's been caught out again

wisbech

"Ooops. Someones seen a headline and jumped in feet first! "

Yeah looks like someone is twisting the truth to suit there narrative

"Ooops. Someones seen a headline and jumped in feet first!

Yeah looks like someone is twisting the truth to suit there narrative "

The Australian trade minister left the UK without a deal, maybe there will be a deal in the future ,

wisbech

Ooopsr

Thats not quite true though is it, they haven't walked away, they are finalising the legal texts and that is taking longer than first anticipated, but from what has been reported the deal is still on and now due to be finalised next year.

But but, BoZo was all over the press saying it was done, a great deal, when it wasn't done and Australia wants it in cast iron, no room for BoZo to squirm out, perhaps they have been paying attention to his backsliding.

He's been caught out again "

Can you provide any proof that it won't be a done deal seeing as its only legal text outstanding? Australia wants what in cast iron exactly?, I cant see where Australia or the uk are demanding anything at all, it is just legal texts to finalise. No big fall outs or lack of trust such as you appear to be implying.

wisbech

The Australian trade minister left the UK without a deal, maybe there will be a deal in the future , "

Yes he did because they are still finalising the legal texts and the deal is now expected to be signed off next year according to both sides.

The Australian trade minister left the UK without a deal, maybe there will be a deal in the future ,

Yes he did because they are still finalising the legal texts and the deal is now expected to be signed off next year according to both sides."

Yep, so there is no deal with Australia, it will have to wait until summer 2022 at the earliest

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Ooopsr"

Your post implies the deal has totally collapsed. Is that what you mean?

wisbech

Yes he did because they are still finalising the legal texts and the deal is now expected to be signed off next year according to both sides.

Yep, so there is no deal with Australia, it will have to wait until summer 2022 at the earliest "

Yep, buts thats not the same as walking away as was stated is it, its just taking longer than first anticipated by both sides, which is completely different. As I said, twisting of the facts to suit the narrative.

Thornaby

Ooopsr

Your post implies the deal has totally collapsed. Is that what you mean?"

No it means Australia have walked away from it, they are not happy. Perhaps we need to drop more environmental protection, maybe they just don't trust a PM that thinks it's ok to break signed off deals?

Yep, so there is no deal with Australia, it will have to wait until summer 2022 at the earliest

Yep, buts thats not the same as walking away as was stated is it, its just taking longer than first anticipated by both sides, which is completely different. As I said, twisting of the facts to suit the narrative. "

They have walked away from signing the deal , hence why the Australian trade minister left the UK, without signing the deal

wisbech

Ooopsr

No it means Australia have walked away from it, they are not happy. Perhaps we need to drop more environmental protection, maybe they just don't trust a PM that thinks it's ok to break signed off deals?"

Sorry but you are talking bollocks because they have not walked away from it at all. Nowhere is that being reported by the UK or Australia. I suggest anybody that really wants to know what is going on to Google it and see for yourselves.

Ooopsr

No it means Australia have walked away from it, they are not happy. Perhaps we need to drop more environmental protection, maybe they just don't trust a PM that thinks it's ok to break signed off deals?

Sorry but you are talking bollocks because they have not walked away from it at all. Nowhere is that being reported by the UK or Australia. I suggest anybody that really wants to know what is going on to Google it and see for yourselves."

I have googled it, the trade minister of Australia decided not to sign the deal and has left the UK, without a deal ,

wisbech

Yep, buts thats not the same as walking away as was stated is it, its just taking longer than first anticipated by both sides, which is completely different. As I said, twisting of the facts to suit the narrative.

They have walked away from signing the deal , hence why the Australian trade minister left the UK, without signing the deal "

Show me where they have walked away from the deal?, its still ongoing according to them, unless you know better than the UK and Australian governments.

They have walked away from signing the deal , hence why the Australian trade minister left the UK, without signing the deal

Show me where they have walked away from the deal?, its still ongoing according to them, unless you know better than the UK and Australian governments."

I said they have walked away ‘from signing the deal’ , this is because they are not ready to ‘sign the deal’

wisbech

Ooopsr

Sorry but you are talking bollocks because they have not walked away from it at all. Nowhere is that being reported by the UK or Australia. I suggest anybody that really wants to know what is going on to Google it and see for yourselves.

I have googled it, the trade minister of Australia decided not to sign the deal and has left the UK, without a deal , "

How can you sign a deal if it isn't ready because legal texts aren't finalised, please explain?

Thornaby

Show me where they have walked away from the deal?, its still ongoing according to them, unless you know better than the UK and Australian governments."

Nice try

They have returned to Australia, no deal signed. That's success is it?

But hey, we've still got a deal with the Palestinian authority.

So much winning, it's trumpian.

wisbech

Show me where they have walked away from the deal?, its still ongoing according to them, unless you know better than the UK and Australian governments.

I said they have walked away ‘from signing the deal’ , this is because they are not ready to ‘sign the deal’ "

But originally you never said they are not ready did you, changes things when you add or subtract words doesn't it.

Ooopsr

I have googled it, the trade minister of Australia decided not to sign the deal and has left the UK, without a deal ,

How can you sign a deal if it isn't ready because legal texts aren't finalised, please explain?"

I didn’t say you could , I am not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the Australian trade minister has left the UK without signing the deal, until both parties agree and sign the deal, the UK don’t have a trade deal with Australia . At this stage , there is no deal

I said they have walked away ‘from signing the deal’ , this is because they are not ready to ‘sign the deal’

But originally you never said they are not ready did you, changes things when you add or subtract words doesn't it."

Show me where I said that

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Australia just dumped France, billions of dollars of costs and kicked off a major diplomatic melt down for the AUKUS defence pact with the UK and US. They might be walking away from the deal but given they have major concerns about China and defence is clearly very high on their priority list then pissing off one of their major defence allies is probably not on their list of things to do.

"Australia just dumped France, billions of dollars of costs and kicked off a major diplomatic melt down for the AUKUS defence pact with the UK and US. They might be walking away from the deal but given they have major concerns about China and defence is clearly very high on their priority list then pissing off one of their major defence allies is probably not on their list of things to do."

Their major defence ally is the US

Cheltenham

"Australia just dumped France, billions of dollars of costs and kicked off a major diplomatic melt down for the AUKUS defence pact with the UK and US. They might be walking away from the deal but given they have major concerns about China and defence is clearly very high on their priority list then pissing off one of their major defence allies is probably not on their list of things to do.

Their major defence ally is the US"

So it is the AUS defence pact is it?

wisbech

Nice try

So much winning, it's trumpian."

So you can't provide any proof they walked away from the deal then, just they went home and its not done yet, thought so. I am no fan of bj to say that least but I cant stand seeing bullshit posted all the while.

"Australia just dumped France, billions of dollars of costs and kicked off a major diplomatic melt down for the AUKUS defence pact with the UK and US. They might be walking away from the deal but given they have major concerns about China and defence is clearly very high on their priority list then pissing off one of their major defence allies is probably not on their list of things to do.

So it is the AUS defence pact is it?"

We are the ‘junior partner’ in this pact, easily replaced

milton keynes

Ooopsr

No it means Australia have walked away from it, they are not happy. Perhaps we need to drop more environmental protection, maybe they just don't trust a PM that thinks it's ok to break signed off deals?"

So does this mean the deal is dead/ back to square one?

Cheltenham

So it is the AUS defence pact is it?

We are the ‘junior partner’ in this pact, easily replaced "

So I guess you missed the key phase “one of” in what I wrote and we are clearly replaceable with all those other countries that is capable of building and maintaining a nuclear submarine capability. France and China for example?

wisbech

But originally you never said they are not ready did you, changes things when you add or subtract words doesn't it.

Show me where I said that "

Said what? Everything you said is in the copied txt above and I cant see where you said they were "not ready" until your last post. Up until then you were just stating there was no deal and they had walked away.

Thornaby

Ooopsr

So does this mean the deal is dead/ back to square one?"

As it stands there isn't a deal, there's talk, there's paper but nothing beyond that.

Thornaby

Nice try

So much winning, it's trumpian.

So you can't provide any proof they walked away from the deal then, just they went home and its not done yet, thought so. I am no fan of bj to say that least but I cant stand seeing bullshit posted all the while."

If you can't stand bullshit being posted you must be seething every time you see someone trying to claim brexit is good

Said what? Everything you said is in the copied txt above and I cant see where you said they were "not ready" until your last post. Up until then you were just stating there was no deal and they had walked away."

That’s correct, I kept saying they had walked away from signing the deal, which is fact

wisbech

Ooopsr

How can you sign a deal if it isn't ready because legal texts aren't finalised, please explain?

I didn’t say you could , I am not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the Australian trade minister has left the UK without signing the deal, until both parties agree and sign the deal, the UK don’t have a trade deal with Australia . At this stage , there is no deal "

Agreed, there is no deal at this stage, but a deal is still ongoing and being finalised, they have not said no and walked away as was first stated.

milton keynes

Ooopsr

As it stands there isn't a deal, there's talk, there's paper but nothing beyond that."

My question was is the deal dead / back to square one. I understand there is not a signed deal at present but as I say that is not the question

Ooopsr

I didn’t say you could , I am not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the Australian trade minister has left the UK without signing the deal, until both parties agree and sign the deal, the UK don’t have a trade deal with Australia . At this stage , there is no deal

Agreed, there is no deal at this stage, but a deal is still ongoing and being finalised, they have not said no and walked away as was first stated."

They have walked away from signing the deal, there is no deal, there won’t be any deal until 2022 at the earlier, all dither and delay and uncertainty won’t be good for business??

Ooopsr

As it stands there isn't a deal, there's talk, there's paper but nothing beyond that.

My question was is the deal dead / back to square one. I understand there is not a signed deal at present but as I say that is not the question"

I have no idea, until the deal is signed then we are only speculating

Thornaby

Can't believe you're not over the moon at the signed sealed and delivered deal with the Palestinian authority

Grantham

The deal wasnt signed because they ran out of time finalising it.

Its as simple as that. Call it dotting the I's etc.

The deal is still being worked on and will be signed as soon as its ready to be signed.

wisbech

Said what? Everything you said is in the copied txt above and I cant see where you said they were "not ready" until your last post. Up until then you were just stating there was no deal and they had walked away.

That’s correct, I kept saying they had walked away from signing the deal, which is fact "

Yes,and then you added because "they are not ready to sign the deal".

Its not fact though because the deal is still ongoing, they have not "walked away from it", they just haven't signed as the paperwork ain't done yet. Just a bit of a difference, but why let the truth get in the way of a good rant hey.

That’s correct, I kept saying they had walked away from signing the deal, which is fact

Its not fact though because the deal is still ongoing, they have not "walked away from it", they just haven't signed as the paperwork ain't done yet. Just a bit of a difference, but why let the truth get in the way of a good rant hey."

I am not ranting, the trade minster of Australia has left the UK without signing the deal, we don’t have a trade deal with Australia, dither and delay causing more uncertainty and bad for business, unless you think the delay is a positive ?

"Can't believe you're not over the moon at the signed sealed and delivered deal with the Palestinian authority"

When was that signed?

"The deal wasnt signed because they ran out of time finalising it.

Its as simple as that. Call it dotting the I's etc.

The deal is still being worked on and will be signed as soon as its ready to be signed. "

Dither and delay

milton keynes

Ooopsr

My question was is the deal dead / back to square one. I understand there is not a signed deal at present but as I say that is not the question

I have no idea, until the deal is signed then we are only speculating "

So not dead / back to square one then.

Ooopsr

So not dead / back to square one then. "

Like I said, I have no idea, do you?

wisbech

Its not fact though because the deal is still ongoing, they have not "walked away from it", they just haven't signed as the paperwork ain't done yet. Just a bit of a difference, but why let the truth get in the way of a good rant hey.

I am not ranting, the trade minster of Australia has left the UK without signing the deal, we don’t have a trade deal with Australia, dither and delay causing more uncertainty and bad for business, unless you think the delay is a positive ? "

Umm not the same as "walking away" from a deal though is it!!, just no time left to finalise and dot the I and cross those Ts. Amazing what difference you can make to a sentence using word play. To answer your question, no dither and delay is not great for business, but better to have a proper deal thats good for both parties than some hashed up bullshit just to get it done by the end of the year surely. I know which of the two my business would prefer.

Grantham

Ooopsr

So not dead / back to square one then. "

No, both parties, as it takes both parties to do this, are still working through the legal text of the ongoing deal.

It will be signed when both parties and ready and happy to sign it.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Just more spin from the Naysayers

Grantham

29 out of 32 chapters of the deal have been finalised.

Dan Tehan, Australian Trade Minister, just a few days ago ... "no one is more impatient than me to get this deal done"

Draw your own conclusions.

Thornaby

"Can't believe you're not over the moon at the signed sealed and delivered deal with the Palestinian authority

When was that signed? "

It was one of the early ones I believe. To be fair I don't think it's new, just a confirmation of the existing deal the EU has, Australia was supposed to be the biggie.

Grantham

"Can't believe you're not over the moon at the signed sealed and delivered deal with the Palestinian authority

When was that signed?

It was one of the early ones I believe. To be fair I don't think it's new, just a confirmation of the existing deal the EU has, Australia was supposed to be the biggie. "

18th. February 2019 to be precise.

milton keynes

Ooopsr

So not dead / back to square one then.

Like I said, I have no idea, do you? "

Well I certainly cannot find any evidence that the deal is dead hence my question. When I read the OP,I was 'oh what's happened to scupper the deal'. Fortunately plenty of evidence saying the deal is alive and well. The hold up being the final few chapters of legal text meaning the Australian trade guy ran out of time. I would not expect him to sign documents that are not complete. Maybe I should not have feared the worst

"29 out of 32 chapters of the deal have been finalised.

Dan Tehan, Australian Trade Minister, just a few days ago ... "no one is more impatient than me to get this deal done"

Draw your own conclusions. "

Yes, the conclusion is that we don’t have a trade deal with Australia, just more dither and delay

I am not ranting, the trade minster of Australia has left the UK without signing the deal, we don’t have a trade deal with Australia, dither and delay causing more uncertainty and bad for business, unless you think the delay is a positive ?

Umm not the same as "walking away" from a deal though is it!!, just no time left to finalise and dot the I and cross those Ts. Amazing what difference you can make to a sentence using word play. To answer your question, no dither and delay is not great for business, but better to have a proper deal thats good for both parties than some hashed up bullshit just to get it done by the end of the year surely. I know which of the two my business would prefer."

Do you mean like the deal we have with the EU? I am afraid this dither and delay is bad for business , maybe Australia will sign the deal then decide to change it 6 months later, that is how these things work ?

When was that signed?

It was one of the early ones I believe. To be fair I don't think it's new, just a confirmation of the existing deal the EU has, Australia was supposed to be the biggie.

18th. February 2019 to be precise. "

2019??

milton keynes

When was that signed?

2019?? "

Apparently that is the case. Surprised me too

Grantham

When was that signed?

2019?? "

The official communique is online. Its that ancient, it was actually signed by Dr Liam Fox!

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Maybe the oven is broke ?

wisbech

Umm not the same as "walking away" from a deal though is it!!, just no time left to finalise and dot the I and cross those Ts. Amazing what difference you can make to a sentence using word play. To answer your question, no dither and delay is not great for business, but better to have a proper deal thats good for both parties than some hashed up bullshit just to get it done by the end of the year surely. I know which of the two my business would prefer.

Do you mean like the deal we have with the EU? I am afraid this dither and delay is bad for business , maybe Australia will sign the deal then decide to change it 6 months later, that is how these things work ? "

The EU deal could of been negotiated for another 10 yrs and still would of been a mess. The damage to business from the dilly dallying over sorting it out was bad enough as it was, although I have to be honest and say it had very little affect on our business as the EU is our smallest market and has been on the decline for a number of years, far more growth and better prospects in other countries, but I know from other business contacts the uncertainty was costly for them. Maybe you are right, maybe Australia will sign it then wish to renegotiate again after a period of time, or maybe the UK will, who knows.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"I thought it was all in Australia’s favour aswell why have they walked of ?

Perhaps they don't trust a country that backslides on deals?

"

well you should join conservatives lol as it mentions nothing on australia bbc site or else where about them walking away.... bending truth, blurring lines, your interpretation.... daughter of bojo.. aaahhhhhhhh

thornaby

"Ooops. Someones seen a headline and jumped in feet first! "
that same someone does that often take what they say with a pinch of salt lol

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The government published a communique that they would hope to get the deal finalised at the Tory part conference.

Liz Truss team started off by insulting the Australia trade minister on the eve of the talks. The minister said its unusual but they will put it down to posturing. Basically they were being the grown ups.

There is a huge gap in both countries interpretation of the deal that will need a lot more work so he’s now gone home..

So contrary to Liz and Boris we don’t have a deal just the intention or wish if you like, of a deal.

The financial increase in trade for the U.K. is thought to be £500m ( not including potential submarines kit ) with the vast bulk of the billions in gain with Australia. ( that should help our balance of payments then - not! )

The desperate need for this deal by the government is simply a political one as it lauded as the first independent deal away from a the rest which are EU copy and paste.

So two lies , it’s not a great trade deal and it’s not even a deal yet.

Notts

"The government published a communique that they would hope to get the deal finalised at the Tory part conference.

Liz Truss team started off by insulting the Australia trade minister on the eve of the talks. The minister said its unusual but they will put it down to posturing. Basically they were being the grown ups.

There is a huge gap in both countries interpretation of the deal that will need a lot more work so he’s now gone home..

So contrary to Liz and Boris we don’t have a deal just the intention or wish if you like, of a deal.

The financial increase in trade for the U.K. is thought to be £500m ( not including potential submarines kit ) with the vast bulk of the billions in gain with Australia. ( that should help our balance of payments then - not! )

The desperate need for this deal by the government is simply a political one as it lauded as the first independent deal away from a the rest which are EU copy and paste.

"

can you imagine the prime minister of britain going on news and saying we might have a bit of a shitty deal with those aussie fucks! really.... its called politics, of course they say its a great opportunity and it will bring our great nations closer la la la and of course it will help, every bit helps

Manchester

"The government published a communique that they would hope to get the deal finalised at the Tory part conference.

can you imagine the prime minister of britain going on news and saying we might have a bit of a shitty deal with those aussie fucks! really.... its called politics, of course they say its a great opportunity and it will bring our great nations closer la la la and of course it will help, every bit helps "

If there’s nothing to say then why make it up. The desperation to have good news at any price is overriding the truth. Wow 68 trade deals how great are we until you see the deals we’re copy paste so we already had!, 50,000 new nurses, 20,000 new policemen etc etc

The statements on Australia are yet again more lies from the most deceitful self centred man in politics . I just read that it’s been discovered he had personal visitors at Christmas while everyone else was banned outside the usual bubbles.

The resulting message from our useless leader in that instance is fuck you all!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

can you imagine the prime minister of britain going on news and saying we might have a bit of a shitty deal with those aussie fucks! really.... its called politics, of course they say its a great opportunity and it will bring our great nations closer la la la and of course it will help, every bit helps

If there’s nothing to say then why make it up. The desperation to have good news at any price is overriding the truth. Wow 68 trade deals how great are we until you see the deals we’re copy paste so we already had!, 50,000 new nurses, 20,000 new policemen etc etc

The statements on Australia are yet again more lies from the most deceitful self centred man in politics . I just read that it’s been discovered he had personal visitors at Christmas while everyone else was banned outside the usual bubbles.

The resulting message from our useless leader in that instance is fuck you all! "

yes it was reported that he had ONE personal visitor a ms nimco ali who has denied it is she a liar too? not the plural "visitors" is your post a lie or do you just call it an exaggeration?

Notts

The resulting message from our useless leader in that instance is fuck you all! "

because if you dont tell the public... theyll say, WTF is this govt on with, why havent we heard anything! bloody useless.... not one little deal even!

Notts

The resulting message from our useless leader in that instance is fuck you all! yes it was reported that he had ONE personal visitor a ms nimco ali who has denied it is she a liar too? not the plural "visitors" is your post a lie or do you just call it an exaggeration?

"

she should do the right thing and resign from fab... or accept she is a hypocrite and do the walk of shame through Doncaster

Why does anyone still believe a word that’s said by the Tory government.

"Why does anyone still believe a word that’s said by the Tory government. "

Brainwashing

Manchester

The resulting message from our useless leader in that instance is fuck you all! yes it was reported that he had ONE personal visitor a ms nimco ali who has denied it is she a liar too? not the plural "visitors" is your post a lie or do you just call it an exaggeration?

"

Her defence was she followed the rules not she didn’t go. So yes she did visit.

Did he break the rules or not?? We’re you allowed to break the rules?

His family deny the reports they went to see him.

Where did the reports come from??

My money is on they did. No I can’t prove it.

He hasn’t said which private plane was used for his holiday and who paid for it too. Honest as the day is long obviously and we can trust every word.

Have we been told who the PPE went you yet after he stated all details have been reported and shared . No we haven’t .

The guy just can’t tell the truth and knows his supporters are too blinkered to care.

Notts

boris is good.... starmer is bad... blue is good.... red is bad... what were you saying!

near ipswich

He hasn’t said which private plane was used for his holiday and who paid for it too. Honest as the day is long obviously and we can trust every word.

Have we been told who the PPE went you yet after he stated all details have been reported and shared . No we haven’t .

The guy just can’t tell the truth and knows his supporters are too blinkered to care. "

Yes i get it you dont like the guy but mate this has turned into an obsession you continually exaggerate and only seem to listen to the voices in your head. Is she a liar too and what brings you to that conclusion?

Manchester

The guy just can’t tell the truth and knows his supporters are too blinkered to care. Yes i get it you dont like the guy but mate this has turned into an obsession you continually exaggerate and only seem to listen to the voices in your head. Is she a liar too and what brings you to that conclusion?

"

No she didn’t lie she said she followed the rules you said she denied it so are you lying?

I don’t exaggerate but you seem to be obsessed with me. And yes I don’t like the guy because of him not who he claims to represent.

Please explain always exaggerate I’m curious .

Brexit facts you don’t like so I’m moaning

Boris lies so I point it out but you don’t say yes he’s lied you just sweep that away with oh he’s a politician . You defend him being

You seem to confirm the blinkered loyalty to man who’s isn’t fit to rule and I say this as a previous Tory voter.

Strange how your obsession with him and all things Brexit being good is blinding you to how shit he is .

Millions of people were denied family visitors at Christmas but he can invite who the fuck he likes over and you are saying it’s ok. You being ok with that shows you are a follower and don’t challenge anything as right or wrong.

Blind loyalty is a worrying weakness.

Manchester

"boris is good.... starmer is bad... blue is good.... red is bad... what were you saying! "

Notts

[Removed by poster at 19/10/21 17:19:34]

near ipswich

The guy just can’t tell the truth and knows his supporters are too blinkered to care. Yes i get it you dont like the guy but mate this has turned into an obsession you continually exaggerate and only seem to listen to the voices in your head. Is she a liar too and what brings you to that conclusion?

No she didn’t lie she said she followed the rules you said she denied it so are you lying?

I don’t exaggerate but you seem to be obsessed with me. And yes I don’t like the guy because of him not who he claims to represent.

Boris lies so I point it out but you don’t say yes he’s lied you just sweep that away with oh he’s a politician . You defend him being

You seem to confirm the blinkered loyalty to man who’s isn’t fit to rule and I say this as a previous Tory voter.

Strange how your obsession with him and all things Brexit being good is blinding you to how shit he is .

Millions of people were denied family visitors at Christmas but he can invite who the fuck he likes over and you are saying it’s ok. You being ok with that shows you are a follower and don’t challenge anything as right or wrong.

"

Firstly you post earlier said visitors when it was allegedly one person this was an exaggeration (or a blatant lie) however anyone wants to perceive it. There have been other posts where i have pointed out exaggerations too but cant be bothered to find them but you know anyway.

I personally couldn't give a toss about boris apart from him being the tory leader and pm at the moment.

As for brexit FACTS i dont really see many of them on here to be honest just speculation and opinions so no i dont accuse you of moaning because of facts.

There is a parliamentary register for gifts and hospitality which has to be adhered to so no i dont see why someone should have to explain everytime they go on holiday i would much rather them get on with their job,do you ever question it when sks or any other leader goes on holiday? i dont think ive seen anything on here.

Now if you were constantly on about the policies you dont like we could have a discussion but that doesnt seem to be the case hence the word obsession.

Manchester

Firstly you post earlier said visitors when it was allegedly one person this was an exaggeration (or a blatant lie) however anyone wants to perceive it. There have been other posts where i have pointed out exaggerations too but cant be bothered to find them but you know anyway.

I personally couldn't give a toss about boris apart from him being the tory leader and pm at the moment.

As for brexit FACTS i dont really see many of them on here to be honest just speculation and opinions so no i dont accuse you of moaning because of facts.

There is a parliamentary register for gifts and hospitality which has to be adhered to so no i dont see why someone should have to explain everytime they go on holiday i would much rather them get on with their job,do you ever question it when sks or any other leader goes on holiday? i dont think ive seen anything on here.

Now if you were constantly on about the policies you dont like we could have a discussion but that doesnt seem to be the case hence the word obsession. "

It was allegedly 1 friend ( confirmed ) and some family members so that’s plural.

Can’t be bothered to point out the exaggeration ?? So that’s a no you don’t have any evidence and therefore we can take it you’re exaggerating!

Having to deal with the first hand implications of Brexit I have informed you of the truth all along. If you chose not to believe me that’s of no concern to me .

68 copy deals and no benefits just costs are all facts not imagination you just chose to ignore the reality of Brexit being negative . Your claim was you wanted sovereignty as to why you voted you wanted to take control off The EU . You have achieved that but it has come at great cost to the economy and we are in control of Boris financial backers even more. That should worry you.

If you think that taking a private villa and plane is fine as long as he writes it down which he regularly fails to do is ok then you are missing the point completely.

If someone gave you luxury free holiday you would openly admit you own them a favour.

What does Boris owe is what you should be asking. He and many others in our government make the gravy trains you claim the EU was look like a soup kitchen.

A simple question. Do you think it’s ok for MPs to take financial favours? Civil servants in general are barred from taking any gifts whatsoever to avoid corruption. . Why is that the case if our leader can take lavish spending on him and his family? Is that double standards and corrupt?

As for Starmer I am no fan of his either as yet. I’m

Giving him time but not impressed so far.

I have repeatedly stated I think outcome political system is broken. Both Tory and labour should not be allowed to parachute candidates into constituencies . We are told who we can vote for. Not parties are bias and not fit but that’s down to the broken out of date system we have.

Boris is the extreme which to me and may others is unacceptable . He has only one agenda which is his own. Policies you mention but they don’t exist . There was no plan after Brexit proven by the mess we are in on shortages and increased costs etc etc . We have a government of spin and then just outrageous lies.

Singapore of Europe maybe?? Read up on Singapore and see the truth behind that country’s financial success .

It’s not good reading. The haves and have nots is even worse than here and we are worse than ever.

I’m not selling anything party wise but it’s a fact the government of this country and the system of government is not democratic and is not fit for purpose in that it seems incapable of handling a very fast changing economic world with far more dynamic participants who make us look very out of date.

Boris was, as previous PMs including Blair, given a guided velvet rope passage to power . I’ve said it before and I’ll say it over and over . Three schools have provided most of our PMs. How can that be a democracy ? The odds on that being chance are incredible which begs the question why is that actually a fact? Because it’s not your vote who decides who runs this country .

Notts

Yeah how come man United, fc milan and just a hand full of clubs win all the titles! Coz they draw in the best players

Notts

Yeah privileged ones who got taken to football practice, I never had a dad to take me..... its just not right

near ipswich

If someone gave you luxury free holiday you would openly admit you own them a favour.

What does Boris owe is what you should be asking. He and many others in our government make the gravy trains you claim the EU was look like a soup kitchen.

A simple question. Do you think it’s ok for MPs to take financial favours? Civil servants in general are barred from taking any gifts whatsoever to avoid corruption. . Why is that the case if our leader can take lavish spending on him and his family? Is that double standards and corrupt?

There lies the difference from you and me i often let friends stay in my place in spain before i sold it if it was empty and they wanted to take the mrs away or go and play golf.Nothing asked and nothing expected why because they were friends ,it seems to me there always has to be an angle with you the way you look at things which explains a lot now.

As for mp,s taking financial favours no i dont but as long as its law there thats the way that it is,why not go and have a word with your mp and see if he can get it outlawed or start an online petition? thats what eople do when they want to change the law.

Manchester

"If someone gave you luxury free holiday you would openly admit you own them a favour.

There lies the difference from you and me i often let friends stay in my place in spain before i sold it if it was empty and they wanted to take the mrs away or go and play golf.Nothing asked and nothing expected why because they were friends ,it seems to me there always has to be an angle with you the way you look at things which explains a lot now.

As for mp,s taking financial favours no i dont but as long as its law there thats the way that it is,why not go and have a word with your mp and see if he can get it outlawed or start an online petition? thats what eople do when they want to change the law."

Again you make it personal about me and you do have an issue with criticism of Boris. .

Someone is living in my villa and have been doing for a few years free of charge right now due to illness. Now we both can confirm we have friends. Great and glad we cleared that up. Please stop the rude insinuation it’s not pleasant.

John Bamford paid Boris a consultancy of £20k per year for around 20 hours chat a year. There has been no record of him producing any work. This chat was carried out yearly before he became PM. ( David Davis got £60k per year from JCB but had to do a little work). Bamford now lends the prime ministers his jets to travel on holidays and work trips. He donates to the Tories large sums. Over two million so far on top of flights.) John Bamford would have been a big loser if the proposed new EU regulations on tax avoidance were introduced in the U.K.

John Branford’s son is involved in a new venture around hydrogen buses.. He has received £11m in grants to research further. He is also possibly ( to be confirmed) going to receive part of a £500M investment to build engines for a new larger hydrogen bus venture. Due to the costs of hydrogen most ventures will need tax support in the next few years so I’m not against the principal of funding, however other major well established companies who produce hydrogen and associated industries have no access to these funds.

He denied he has access to the PM and yet there are numerous photos of him with the PM. They are not “friends” they are associates and financially linked.

That’s an example of why we should not allow our MPs to take financial favours. Even if it’s all above board it’s open to abuse. That’s the reason civil servants and procurement managers are increasingly stopped from taking gifts. Most serious companies have policies on bribery and corruption. MPs repeatedly claim I’ve broken no rules. The rules need changing.

25% of the top donors to the Tory party are property developers. Why is that? Maybe ask Robert Jennrick. Why do you think this is all ok?

MPs should be paid more and not be allowed to have second jobs/consultancies. When or if they lose their seat their pay should continue for at least two years where they cannot work for anyone else including free lobbying. This way they will be less attractive to employers or financiers looking to influence government policy.

near ipswich

"If someone gave you luxury free holiday you would openly admit you own them a favour.

As for mp,s taking financial favours no i dont but as long as its law there thats the way that it is,why not go and have a word with your mp and see if he can get it outlawed or start an online petition? thats what eople do when they want to change the law.

Again you make it personal about me and you do have an issue with criticism of Boris. .

Someone is living in my villa and have been doing for a few years free of charge right now due to illness. Now we both can confirm we have friends. Great and glad we cleared that up. Please stop the rude insinuation it’s not pleasant.

John Bamford paid Boris a consultancy of £20k per year for around 20 hours chat a year. There has been no record of him producing any work. This chat was carried out yearly before he became PM. ( David Davis got £60k per year from JCB but had to do a little work). Bamford now lends the prime ministers his jets to travel on holidays and work trips. He donates to the Tories large sums. Over two million so far on top of flights.) John Bamford would have been a big loser if the proposed new EU regulations on tax avoidance were introduced in the U.K.

John Branford’s son is involved in a new venture around hydrogen buses.. He has received £11m in grants to research further. He is also possibly ( to be confirmed) going to receive part of a £500M investment to build engines for a new larger hydrogen bus venture. Due to the costs of hydrogen most ventures will need tax support in the next few years so I’m not against the principal of funding, however other major well established companies who produce hydrogen and associated industries have no access to these funds.

He denied he has access to the PM and yet there are numerous photos of him with the PM. They are not “friends” they are associates and financially linked.

That’s an example of why we should not allow our MPs to take financial favours. Even if it’s all above board it’s open to abuse. That’s the reason civil servants and procurement managers are increasingly stopped from taking gifts. Most serious companies have policies on bribery and corruption. MPs repeatedly claim I’ve broken no rules. The rules need changing.

25% of the top donors to the Tory party are property developers. Why is that? Maybe ask Robert Jennrick. Why do you think this is all ok?

MPs should be paid more and not be allowed to have second jobs/consultancies. When or if they lose their seat their pay should continue for at least two years where they cannot work for anyone else including free lobbying. This way they will be less attractive to employers or financiers looking to influence government policy.

"

To be a politician and not know people who are in business would be like being a member of a golf club and not know anyone who plays golf.

Politicians are there to benefit the country and the way they do that is to make it easy for businesses to thrive thus more employment, more money circulating and a better standard of life.

Do we need more housing? i would say yes

Hydrogen power is it the way forward? again i would say yes.

The system may be wrong but until it changes as long as they stick by the rules i cant see a problem and as i said unlike you i dont think everyone is on the make .

Notts

we have this type of argument on fab often politicians doing favours etc

like builders employing their relatives and hairdressers employing their daughters and sons... and restaurants family run.... outsiders at back of queue.. like window cleaners taking cash in hand.... etc etc all against employment law where jobs are suppose to be advertised etc etc

no i dont think there should be corrupt politicians but people are people and it is how the world works.... if it becomes unlawful thats the line.

As for mp,s taking financial favours no i dont but as long as its law there thats the way that it is,why not go and have a word with your mp and see if he can get it outlawed or start an online petition? thats what eople do when they want to change the law."

Boris doesn’t have any ‘friends ‘

near ipswich

I think some people are very naive about how investment and jobs are brought into a country.

"I think some people are very naive about how investment and jobs are brought into a country. "

Bribes?

Manchester

To be a politician and not know people who are in business would be like being a member of a golf club and not know anyone who plays golf.

Politicians are there to benefit the country and the way they do that is to make it easy for businesses to thrive thus more employment, more money circulating and a better standard of life.

The system may be wrong but until it changes as long as they stick by the rules i cant see a problem and as i said unlike you i dont think everyone is on the make . "

Hydrogen is going to be massive but John Bamford’s children should be advantaged by tax payers money. Especially when there are existing companies more than capable.

If you can’t see the problem then firstly that’s a worry and you are indeed highlighting what’s wrong!!

near ipswich

The system may be wrong but until it changes as long as they stick by the rules i cant see a problem and as i said unlike you i dont think everyone is on the make .

Hydrogen is going to be massive but John Bamford’s children should be advantaged by tax payers money. Especially when there are existing companies more than capable.

If you can’t see the problem then firstly that’s a worry and you are indeed highlighting what’s wrong!! "

For a businessman you dont seem to know how these things work, governments all over the world talk to business leaders these people need to know which direction countries are going no point investing in coal if that country is banning it for example.You would have to be pretty stupid to set sail on a voyage without checking the weather forecast this is why governments are always holding get togethers with business hence people know each other its not rocket science to understand the only difference is you think everyone is on the take and i dont until i see proof.

near ipswich

I wonder what the queen is after apparently she held a dinner for global business leaders last night.

"I wonder what the queen is after apparently she held a dinner for global business leaders last night. "

Is she a politician?

Notts

If you can’t see the problem then firstly that’s a worry and you are indeed highlighting what’s wrong!! For a businessman you dont seem to know how these things work, governments all over the world talk to business leaders these people need to know which direction countries are going no point investing in coal if that country is banning it for example.You would have to be pretty stupid to set sail on a voyage without checking the weather forecast this is why governments are always holding get togethers with business hence people know each other its not rocket science to understand the only difference is you think everyone is on the take and i dont until i see proof.

"

that about sums it up

Manchester

If you can’t see the problem then firstly that’s a worry and you are indeed highlighting what’s wrong!! For a businessman you dont seem to know how these things work, governments all over the world talk to business leaders these people need to know which direction countries are going no point investing in coal if that country is banning it for example.You would have to be pretty stupid to set sail on a voyage without checking the weather forecast this is why governments are always holding get togethers with business hence people know each other its not rocket science to understand the only difference is you think everyone is on the take and i dont until i see proof.

"

We’ve had few meetings this year as in previous years with pretty senior people in government to talk about our industry so know very well how it works thanks.

They consult for feedback. We also give consultancy advice on a regular basis to one particular department.

Obviously your lack of experience shows you are confused as these are regular ( not very) events, which sometimes although rarely involving ministers especially when a major change is being planned as you mentioned. Most MPs and ministers know very little about the ministry they are in charge of. Not their fault it’s to be expected on a short tenure.

I have never handed money or gifts to any of them

Why would I?

The gifts can be interpreted as influence corruption or just gifts . Why would I give a minister millions in just gifts ? It doesn’t affect my discussion and the only reason I can think of is to get them to accept my point of view or accept my wish list more readily . In a similar vein why does a wealthy Russian back 34 Tory MPs

Are they all friends?

You think no one is on the take which can be in many forms not just cash. Bit naive really.

Yes they are not breaking the law but my opinion is that the law is broken and not fit for purpose as it allows undue influence to be possible.

Politicians should be above suspicion.

near ipswich

We’ve had few meetings this year as in previous years with pretty senior people in government to talk about our industry so know very well how it works thanks.

They consult for feedback. We also give consultancy advice on a regular basis to one particular department.

Obviously your lack of experience shows you are confused as these are regular ( not very) events, which sometimes although rarely involving ministers especially when a major change is being planned as you mentioned. Most MPs and ministers know very little about the ministry they are in charge of. Not their fault it’s to be expected on a short tenure.

Why would I?

The gifts can be interpreted as influence corruption or just gifts . Why would I give a minister millions in just gifts ? It doesn’t affect my discussion and the only reason I can think of is to get them to accept my point of view or accept my wish list more readily . In a similar vein why does a wealthy Russian back 34 Tory MPs

Are they all friends?

You think no one is on the take which can be in many forms not just cash. Bit naive really.

Yes they are not breaking the law but my opinion is that the law is broken and not fit for purpose as it allows undue influence to be possible.

"

Did i say that really? i think i said that "unlike you i dont think everyone is on the take until i see proof" so not a "bit naive" just the way i view my fellow human beings unlike your cynical view it seems.

Who says all backers are friends, are labour mp,s friends with the millions who pay into unions which then back them i doubt that very much.

I have no idea why Russians back tories but would hazard a good guess that they moved here to get away from the left and will do anything to stop that happening here.

Manchester

Why would I?

Are they all friends?

Did i say that really? i think i said that "unlike you i dont think everyone is on the take until i see proof" so not a "bit naive" just the way i view my fellow human beings unlike your cynical view it seems.

Who says all backers are friends, are labour mp,s friends with the millions who pay into unions which then back them i doubt that very much.

I have no idea why Russians back tories but would hazard a good guess that they moved here to get away from the left and will do anything to stop that happening here. "

Comparing labour with Putin hmm interesting . Not really an answer or a very good guess is it?

I totally agree with you regarding labour backers so no argument there. The issue is across our Parliament just very heavy bias towards Tory Ministers at the moment.

Yes it’s the way you view people you say and judging by the expenses scandal which hasn’t changed much despite independent recommendations in 2009, I re-iterate your view is a bit naive . Very much unlike me.

You need to meet some of these people in person a lot more and you will discover two things that I can see from our chats . One they are mostly in it for themselves and happily do as they are told by head office not their constituents and secondly you have far more intellect than them . I’m paying you a genuine compliment but also saying it as a reality.

Having met quite a a few over many years I am astounded and also underwhelmed by some of these MPs. They know and are well versed on how to avoid a question but in a closed environment they show their true level of both competence and attitude.

So yes I believe a lot of MPs ( not all) have a low moral bar and are very happy to line both their own pockets and the pockets of their friends too.

near ipswich

Why would I?

Are they all friends?

I have no idea why Russians back tories but would hazard a good guess that they moved here to get away from the left and will do anything to stop that happening here.

Comparing labour with Putin hmm interesting . Not really an answer or a very good guess is it?

I totally agree with you regarding labour backers so no argument there. The issue is across our Parliament just very heavy bias towards Tory Ministers at the moment.

Yes it’s the way you view people you say and judging by the expenses scandal which hasn’t changed much despite independent recommendations in 2009, I re-iterate your view is a bit naive . Very much unlike me.

You need to meet some of these people in person a lot more and you will discover two things that I can see from our chats . One they are mostly in it for themselves and happily do as they are told by head office not their constituents and secondly you have far more intellect than them . I’m paying you a genuine compliment but also saying it as a reality.

Having met quite a a few over many years I am astounded and also underwhelmed by some of these MPs. They know and are well versed on how to avoid a question but in a closed environment they show their true level of both competence and attitude.

So yes I believe a lot of MPs ( not all) have a low moral bar and are very happy to line both their own pockets and the pockets of their friends too.

"

yes i can see you believe the last sentence by a lot of your posts, i guess im the lucky one who does not take a cynical view of people.

thornaby

Why would I?

Are they all friends?

"

I believe so aswell but rnd to them most people are init for themselves no matter what you do we all want what’s best for us but it’s us who vote these people in so it’s us who’s to blame the fact that someone wants to be a politician makes me suspicious of them straight away lol

Manchester

Why would I?

Are they all friends?

yes i can see you believe the last sentence by a lot of your posts, i guess im the lucky one who does not take a cynical view of people."

Yes as I said naive .. 83k people are in prison in this country. In the year up to March 2021 a further 350k convicted of a crime.

Yes everyone is definitely trustworthy. I bet you have locks on your house doors and never leave your car unlocked.

Just because someone isn’t wearing a striped vest and mask but a nice tailored suit doesn’t mean they aren’t a thieving bastard .

Manchester

Why would I?

Are they all friends?

I believe so aswell but rnd to them most people are init for themselves no matter what you do we all want what’s best for us but it’s us who vote these people in so it’s us who’s to blame the fact that someone wants to be a politician makes me suspicious of them straight away lol"

Yes anyone who wants to be an MP should be banned from the job I agree!

» Add a new message to this topic