FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trump's new social media platform

Trump's new social media platform

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *or Fox Sake OP   Couple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Trumps launched his own social media platform "Truth", if it enjoys the same success as his university he's going to end out of pocket, well this is Trump, so it may not be his money.

At its launch it was trolled with people registering the user names

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

P.s …. Don’t mention the picture of the pig

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Will Farage be reading out any slogans ,,???,,, Going rate £87 , I suppose he could offer "mates rates" , , ,

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

It's about time there was an alternative to Facebook, Twitter etc who allow Taliban accounts but don't allow a USA president.

Zuckerberg, Dorsey etc don't allow free speech for views they don't like.

Good luck to any new competition

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's about time there was an alternative to Facebook, Twitter etc who allow Taliban accounts but don't allow a USA president.

Good luck to any new competition"

Oooh…. Someone has been reading the far right press to use that exact analogy… which rag???

To be honest trump got away with a lot more on social media than you or I because he was the president…. The fact that he kept pushing the envelope until he was banned for pushing a coup attempt (let’s not beat around the bush here) is no one’s fault but his own…….

I’m guessing his little venture will have the same success as trump university did

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's about time there was an alternative to Facebook, Twitter etc who allow Taliban accounts but don't allow a USA president.

Only today Dorsey has admitted its algorithms are biased towards right wing politicians and news outlets. Straight from the horse’s mouth. At least try and keep up.

Thornaby

You sign up for Facebook or Twitter you sign up for their terms of service. If you don't like it, tough.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I would join it. I do like a laugh.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Oh well he may get at least 70 odd million yanks to sign up at least,myself i be steering well clear same as i stear cleat of faceache and twatter

"Trumps launched his own social media platform "Truth", if it enjoys the same success as his university he's going to end out of pocket, well this is Trump, so it may not be his money.

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well "

Truth? Haha, your kidding me

Thornaby

"Trumps launched his own social media platform "Truth", if it enjoys the same success as his university he's going to end out of pocket, well this is Trump, so it may not be his money.

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well

Truth? Haha, your kidding me "

It gets funnier, the terms of service for "truth" contain a

clause stating that users may not "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site."

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well

clause stating that users may not "disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site."

"

Haha, Priceless

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well

Haha, Priceless "

If you don't want anything to do with it, don't. Simple as that isn't it?

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Oooh…. Someone has been reading the far right press to use that exact analogy… which rag???

To be honest trump got away with a lot more on social media than you or I because he was the president…. The fact that he kept pushing the envelope until he was banned for pushing a coup attempt (let’s not beat around the bush here) is no one’s fault but his own…….

I’m guessing his little venture will have the same success as trump university did "

You've been watching the BBC and reading far-left rubbish

I expect you believe all sorts of nonsense about Trump. Did you believe he was 'inciting an insurrection'?

Thornaby

I’m guessing his little venture will have the same success as trump university did

You've been watching the BBC and reading far-left rubbish

I expect you believe all sorts of nonsense about Trump. Did you believe he was 'inciting an insurrection'?"

I sat and watched the insurrection live on TV. This includes the speech given by trump.

He tried to encourage his followers, some of whom were armed, to storm the capitol. He did nothing to stop it, no tweets or TV until after the worst of it.

He knew what he was doing.

Sooner he is behind bars after a fair trial, the better.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I expect you believe all sorts of nonsense about Trump. Did you believe he was 'inciting an insurrection'?"

Wow…..

I’ll tell you what…. Let me go and eat my breakfast… and then I will come back and answer it… blow by blow….

Thornaby

"

I expect you believe all sorts of nonsense about Trump. Did you believe he was 'inciting an insurrection'?

Wow…..

I’ll tell you what…. Let me go and eat my breakfast… and then I will come back and answer it… blow by blow…."

Gets large box of popcorn

A few tinnies

Sits in comfy chair

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Wow…..

I’ll tell you what…. Let me go and eat my breakfast… and then I will come back and answer it… blow by blow…."

Right…. Okay….

Do I believe he was inciting an insurrection… hmmm

Okay.. bearing in mind we all saw what happened… and some of the speeches in which more than one speaker is facing civil charges for what they said at the rally (guiliani, mo brooks,)

…. And the fact that trump put pressure on pence to not ratify the results ( which pence could not do anyway)

… and the fact that trump delayed the sending out of the DC national guard (dc doesn’t have a governor, so any request for the national guard from the mayor, it has to go thru the DOD, who then have to run it up to the president….. in fact he delayed the process so much that the DC mayor ended up doing a run around and called the governors of Virginia and Maryland asking them to send theirs to Washington)

…. And the hostage message on social media telling people to “stop, no really, I love you, you are right to fight, I love you “ .. paraphrasing a bit but basically that is what he said

Isn’t it ironic that he mocks the police who protect the capitol, but lauded over the protesters charged and the woman who died!

And why is he trying to obstruct the commission by instructing people not to comply with the subpoena’s… I mean if bannon had nothing to hide, wouldn’t he be the first person to tell the world… in fact wouldn’t he demand the session be held in public to give he the platform to tell the world….

Or he could always plead the fifth!!!

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well

Haha, Priceless

If you don't want anything to do with it, don't. Simple as that isn't it?"

Yes, it is, thanks for that information,

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

Does this Taliban account you mention follow the T&C's of Facebook and Twitter?

Trump was booted because he consistently didn't, and he was given way more wiggle room than anyone else would have been.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well "

Just having a laugh TRUTH

trumps reality unchecked truth horseshit.

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

I’m guessing his little venture will have the same success as trump university did "

what far right press exists in uk?

Thornaby

"

Many people consider the express, you know the paper that ran a headline "hurrah for the Blackshirts" to be far right.

Daily Fail and it's constant abuse of refugees has to in there

By *bang13Couple  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Love that guy

Notts

Many people consider the express, you know the paper that ran a headline "hurrah for the Blackshirts" to be far right.

Daily Fail and it's constant abuse of refugees has to in there"

oh a headline from 80 years ago, along with, does king kong live in the amazon? damn those japs? and three cheers for english cricket lol ...... i have a book from 1930 called its good to be gay lol people thought different then! Bet your grandma read it lol

Its hardly FAR right, but i guess everything is awesome and legendary now, even when youve never heard of it! many people, what ten on fab

nr faversham

DonaldTrump

DonaldJTrump

And mikepence

It's not going well

Haha, Priceless

If you don't want anything to do with it, don't. Simple as that isn't it?

Yes, it is, thanks for that information, "

Any time

Meh, it will just become a centre right to far right bubble, just like twitter is centre left to far left...

New platforms isn't the answer, people from opposite sides actually debating with each other on the ones we already have is. That balance is why Joe Rogan was paid 100 million by Spotify to stream from there, because people are hungry to here different viewpoints and escape from the left right divide.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"

Wow…..

I’ll tell you what…. Let me go and eat my breakfast… and then I will come back and answer it… blow by blow….

Right…. Okay….

Okay.. bearing in mind we all saw what happened… and some of the speeches in which more than one speaker is facing civil charges for what they said at the rally (guiliani, mo brooks,)

…. And the fact that trump put pressure on pence to not ratify the results ( which pence could not do anyway)

… and the fact that trump delayed the sending out of the DC national guard (dc doesn’t have a governor, so any request for the national guard from the mayor, it has to go thru the DOD, who then have to run it up to the president….. in fact he delayed the process so much that the DC mayor ended up doing a run around and called the governors of Virginia and Maryland asking them to send theirs to Washington)

…. And the hostage message on social media telling people to “stop, no really, I love you, you are right to fight, I love you “ .. paraphrasing a bit but basically that is what he said

Isn’t it ironic that he mocks the police who protect the capitol, but lauded over the protesters charged and the woman who died!

And why is he trying to obstruct the commission by instructing people not to comply with the subpoena’s… I mean if bannon had nothing to hide, wouldn’t he be the first person to tell the world… in fact wouldn’t he demand the session be held in public to give he the platform to tell the world….

"

In the words of Senator Mitch McConnell

January 6th was a disgrace.

American citizens attacked their own government. They used terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of democratic business they did not like.

Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the vice president.

They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election.

Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

The House accused the former president of, quote, "incitement." That is a specific term from the criminal law.

Let me put that to the side for one moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.

And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth.

The issue is not only the president's intemperate language on January 6th.

It is not just his endorsement of remarks in which an associate urged "trial by combat."

It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe; the increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was being stolen in some secret coup by our now-president.

I defended the president's right to bring any complaints to our legal system. The legal system spoke. The Electoral College spoke. As I stood up and said clearly at the time, the election was settled.

But that reality just opened a new chapter of even wilder and more unfounded claims.

The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things.

Sadly, many politicians sometimes make overheated comments or use metaphors that unhinged listeners might take literally.

This was different.

This was an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories, orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voters' decision or else torch our institutions on the way out.

The unconscionable behavior did not end when the violence began.

Whatever our ex-president claims he thought might happen that day, whatever reaction he says he meant to produce, by that afternoon, he was watching the same live television as the rest of the world.

A mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name. These criminals were carrying his banners, hanging his flags, and screaming their loyalty to him.

It was obvious that only President Trump could end this.

Former aides publicly begged him to do so. Loyal allies frantically called the administration.

But the president did not act swiftly. He did not do his job. He didn't take steps so federal law could be faithfully executed, and order restored.

Instead, according to public reports, he watched television happily as the chaos unfolded. He kept pressing his scheme to overturn the election!

The words of Donald Trump to the insurrectionists, "We love you. You’re very special. Go home.”

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Daily Fail and it's constant abuse of refugees has to in there"

Would you class the daily mirror as far right? In the same period of the daily mail headline you mention the daily mirror had a similar article headlined ' give the blackshirts a helping hand'

nr faversham

Would you class the daily mirror as far right? In the same period of the daily mail headline you mention the daily mirror had a similar article headlined ' give the blackshirts a helping hand' "

I read a couple of the lefts and rights. I'm not stuck with Tory or labour. I base my opinion on what I read/research. Sadly, if it's not what either side say, you get grief and slagged of, called all sorts etc. I would say that I have a lot of time for Frank field. Sadly, the left of his party are far too aggressive.. cue the usual shite

Notts

I googled, yougov pole, daily mail considered most right wing, by 40% of people, so well under half, not exactly a kkk news letter then! Express by a margin less.... but 5% even considered guardian right wing

nr faversham

"I googled, yougov pole, daily mail considered most right wing, by 40% of people, so well under half, not exactly a kkk news letter then! Express by a margin less.... but 5% even considered guardian right wing "

I read the mirror and the people, fuck knows why, and it's full of negative bile from start to finish. Even if your footy team wins 5-0 there's a negative slant. I read the sun and mail and it's at least got a positive outlook. They all play the pipe for their political allegiance but some are worse than others

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Wow…..

Right…. Okay….

In the words of Senator Mitch McConnell

January 6th was a disgrace.

American citizens attacked their own government. They used terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of democratic business they did not like.

Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the Senate floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chanted about murdering the vice president.

They did this because they had been fed wild falsehoods by the most powerful man on Earth – because he was angry he'd lost an election.

Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

The House accused the former president of, quote, "incitement." That is a specific term from the criminal law.

Let me put that to the side for one moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago: There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.

And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth.

The issue is not only the president's intemperate language on January 6th.

It is not just his endorsement of remarks in which an associate urged "trial by combat."

It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe; the increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was being stolen in some secret coup by our now-president.

I defended the president's right to bring any complaints to our legal system. The legal system spoke. The Electoral College spoke. As I stood up and said clearly at the time, the election was settled.

But that reality just opened a new chapter of even wilder and more unfounded claims.

The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things.

Sadly, many politicians sometimes make overheated comments or use metaphors that unhinged listeners might take literally.

This was different.

This was an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories, orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voters' decision or else torch our institutions on the way out.

The unconscionable behavior did not end when the violence began.

Whatever our ex-president claims he thought might happen that day, whatever reaction he says he meant to produce, by that afternoon, he was watching the same live television as the rest of the world.

A mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name. These criminals were carrying his banners, hanging his flags, and screaming their loyalty to him.

It was obvious that only President Trump could end this.

Former aides publicly begged him to do so. Loyal allies frantically called the administration.

But the president did not act swiftly. He did not do his job. He didn't take steps so federal law could be faithfully executed, and order restored.

Instead, according to public reports, he watched television happily as the chaos unfolded. He kept pressing his scheme to overturn the election!

The words of Donald Trump to the insurrectionists, "We love you. You’re very special. Go home.” "

Pretty accurate and damning to boot..

Ty for posting it ..

Thornaby

Would you class the daily mirror as far right? In the same period of the daily mail headline you mention the daily mirror had a similar article headlined ' give the blackshirts a helping hand' "

The mirror got it badly wrong, and hasn't dabbled in that pond again. The daily fail however, still sticks to the right, to far right, of UK politics.

Both the Fail and the Express are not recognised as legitimate sources of information by the likes of Wikipedia. That takes some doing

milton keynes

Would you class the daily mirror as far right? In the same period of the daily mail headline you mention the daily mirror had a similar article headlined ' give the blackshirts a helping hand'

The mirror got it badly wrong, and hasn't dabbled in that pond again. The daily fail however, still sticks to the right, to far right, of UK politics.

Both the Fail and the Express are not recognised as legitimate sources of information by the likes of Wikipedia. That takes some doing "

They certainly did get it wrong and was to show that very old actions done by others should not taint today's people.

I have always classed the DM as right wing but not far right personally. Same as I class the mirror as left wing but not far left

Thornaby

Both the Fail and the Express are not recognised as legitimate sources of information by the likes of Wikipedia. That takes some doing

They certainly did get it wrong and was to show that very old actions done by others should not taint today's people.

I have always classed the DM as right wing but not far right personally. Same as I class the mirror as left wing but not far left"

Ask yourself this, is the current editorial policy likely to support right wing politics or not?

milton keynes

I have always classed the DM as right wing but not far right personally. Same as I class the mirror as left wing but not far left

Ask yourself this, is the current editorial policy likely to support right wing politics or not?"

I think the last 2 sentences in my previous post answers that exact question and also the same about the mirror. Or have I misunderstood your question

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Seems that his social media platform is in technical trouble before it is even open for general use. The software has been ripped off from a General Public Licence package. This is not the same as freeware, the details are complex but basically it can only be used when (a) full credit is given to the original writers of the software, and (b) if the software is modified in any way, the full code is made visible to anybody that wants to see it.

Apparently the trump organisation has removed all the creator credits and tried to claim it is all their own, and are refusing to release the source code. From the visible features of the software though it is apparently obvious to those familiar with the original package that this is what trump's people have done.

Bottom line is that because of just stealing others hard work and not even giving credit where it is due, the real owners of the software may well be able to completely legally permanently turn off trumps new service before it is even going...

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Seems that his social media platform is in technical trouble before it is even open for general use. The software has been ripped off from a General Public Licence package. This is not the same as freeware, the details are complex but basically it can only be used when (a) full credit is given to the original writers of the software, and (b) if the software is modified in any way, the full code is made visible to anybody that wants to see it.

Apparently the trump organisation has removed all the creator credits and tried to claim it is all their own, and are refusing to release the source code. From the visible features of the software though it is apparently obvious to those familiar with the original package that this is what trump's people have done.

Bottom line is that because of just stealing others hard work and not even giving credit where it is due, the real owners of the software may well be able to completely legally permanently turn off trumps new service before it is even going..."

This is where parler went to pieces, they didn't have licences for their authentication process, they were using a trial version.

» Add a new message to this topic